Killer entitlement with the lobby cherry picking and dc's
Make lobby hidden and punish dc with immediate de-ranking similar to that that happens monthly or put a timer or some kind of penalty. That includes survivors to.
Problem solved.
Problem solved.
Comments
If you read, his entire comment was "Don't play with your friends because the devs haven't made a game that actually works if you do".
If you want to play SWF, you'd be better off standing with killers and saying "Hey devs, make balancing this a priority". Then you don't have to worry about lobby dodging etc. either. But I'm guessing you don't want to see any change. Why would you, after all? SWF is so much fun for survivors BECAUSE it's unbalanced.
I main both killer and survivor and im a rank 3 killer but keep going off. If anyone is entitled here its you since you just want survivors to be weak and inferior and easy kills for you. Playing the game with SWF is playing as intended because its an option in the games main menu like yikes are you that salty you feel that you deserve to win every game as killer.
There isn't any change that could be done to nerf SWF? How would they nerf it and please read my reply
Honestly, I don't have an answer to how to balance for SWF and still keep solo-queuing viable. If it were an easy fix, they'd have surely done it.
And just because it's a menu option, it doesn't mean its a) balanced, b) working as intended, or c) a good idea.
Funny how you can't even grasp the concept of "main".
And guess what? Survivor are intended to be weak.
That's the core of an asymetrical game. One side has the advantage in numbers, the other side the advantage of power.
You just want both, you know that survivor right now are not weak ingame. So they are strong and numerous.
So tell me again, who is the one here to ask for easy wins?
I just ask for BALANCE.
Another concept that you could not grasp I guess.
PS: SWF was not an intended option for this game to begin with, but it got forced into the game.
Okay but this dude literally is cancer you're chill about everything but he is just...entitled there isnt any other words for it. If you can think of a nerf to SWF I would actually love to hear it and if its a good one lets make a thread on it.
But you're version of balance is survivors lose every game and killers always win. The game is in favor of survivors yes but that doesn't mean making one side unable to win every game is balance.
Heh. That's between you and him.
You're going to run into two types of killer on this forum: one will point out that SWF is broken and needs fixing, the other has lost all hope of that and so wants SWF removed.
Killers can still beat a SWF group but what you're asking for isnt balance like I said its make all killers OP and make the game unplayable for survivors. Its fun to play survivor because you get to sometimes escape. Its fun to play killer because you can punish toxic survivors. If you made it so survivors always lose then how is that even fun?
Yeah SWF needs tweaks not to be removed though. Maybe they could disable certain features like ability to see killer perks after you die.
For the most part, people aren't asking for this. And I'd guess most people would be perfectly happy for SWF to stay, if it can be made fair.
Maybe you just don't realise just how difficult it is for the average killer to deal with a 4-man, coordinated group? There is plenty of space to make it harder for the survivors without taking away all the fun or making it impossible for them to escape. However, the actual "how" you do this is the hard part.
Please quote me where I said that.
Stop putting words into my mouth.
I want "balance" and that is fair game without the "weak" side being able to bully the "strong" side.
Without the ""weak" side being able to 1 on 1 the "strong" side, but still play in a team.
Im a mix main rank 3 killer and I've dealt with SWF groups. It can be a pain but they can be taken down. A couple good perks for it are lightborn (If they have flashlights.) Franklins for toolboxes, Nurses calling, and NOED
I dont mind SWF nerfs I just dont want nerfs to survivors where its super bad
Then how do you suggest we do that? Survivors can bully killers and yeah some killer buffs are needed but you can't just remove an entire feature and call it 'Balance'
Mate, noone does. Not really.
It's just the nature of the game, and the forum, that the survivors and killers bicker endlessly.
Sometimes you really have to work hard to understand the truth in what people are saying/asking for... because it's buried under a lot of salt and frustration.
I believe the devs to a certain point in some patch's just get so fed up with one side they just do whatever they're asking for without actually thinking of the negatives
It probably has happened. Other times, I'm pretty sure they don't give a crap what we're all arguing about.
But, with the best will in the world, sometimes developers make mistakes, or things just don't work out as expected. They may also have a long-term plan for all of this. Fingers crossed.
Now the question for you? Do you see SWF on voice com as "fair" and "balanced"?
IMO:
SWF is the worst thing in terms of balance.
So something needs to be done.
I would like to see it split into different queues.
Ranked = solo only
Casual = with SWF (plus anybody joining casual solo will get a BP bonus)
I Don't think there is enough players to have that plus killers would never play it thats the problem
There needs to be a separation of casual and ranked, I'm sure there's enough players. Two swf max in ranked. Only 2, since talking gives a stupid advantage, there shouldn't be a whole team. Also with swf and emblems together, has some low skill players at rank 1. The survivors play like rank 17s. What happened to my rank? The devs lowered the requirements for killer and survivor, too little people made it to high rank they said.
Thats the equivalent of looping the killer as last person even though you cant escape. Its just wasting time for both sides
Maybe thats the best. The devs recommend civilization, but you cant bully anyone there, so Im not sure whether its your type of game
Civ has better forums too
If you remove swf than you are going to kill the game. Try other ideas instead. People want to have fun on a game and love playing with friends.
Bullying isnt fun when you dont see/know that a human is suffering
Do some math. Less than 50% of all survivor player are joining via SWF.
How many of them would stop playing just because SWF gets split into separate queues?
A lot of people will claim to quit, but not even half will make it true and stick instead.
Because there is still a queue to play.
And instead we could attract new or bring back old player, because the game is more balanced to make up for the lost player.
And if you think about your own statement "killer would never play it", what does it say about the balance of the gamemode that you are defending?
That's why I said BP bonus for all player that join the SWF queue SOLO. That includes killer! Killer are always solo.
So you still get the player that want the challenge and the greedy ones.
well it is easier for the survivors to play in a SWF and a lot harder and frustrating for a killer to face a SWF.
A SWF only queue would only split the community and as it is right now 70% of the games have SWF in them in any combination.
The result would be, a SWF queue with incredible long waiting times for SWF due to lack of killers and a legacy queue with incredible long waiting time for the Killers because to many killers.
Same question to you: What does your conclusion about the two queues tell you about the current state of the game?
Just read my thread about why we need to acknowledge SWF and their voice com potential and rebalance the game around it. Maybe buff the killers vs SWF only so they still are a threat to them.
As a killer I rather play against 4 randoms than SWF in any form, because it feels more fair and rewarding. But playing against SWFs feels like playing against whitelisted cheaters, mostly one survivor from a higher level. A high level Killer may know how to deal with this, but not someone who just started to play the game and not even have all the perks and addons unlocked.
And if someone is telling me, rank doesn't matter, then why do we have it in the first place?
For all the SWFs out there, if a killer dc because he wants to play a normal game and have fun, you shouldn't flame him. It is his right to chose what to play, with whom he likes to play. And sorry if he don't wants to play with you and your friend. Maybe you can find a killerfriend and play with/against him.
I guess but it doesn't say much about the game mode im defending other then killers are over dramatic
Sounds like you are either some godlike killer player or you aren't playing a lot of killer.
godlike? Literally you dont even have to kill anyone to pip or earn a ######### ton of points so i dont see the point in hating SWF groups.
@Wolf74 I hear you, I really do. I'm a brand new player. Just over 20 hours in the game. I preferred Killer, and although it has not been a constant thing, I've already faced SWF groups (2, 3 and 4) that in some cases had Red or Purple ranked players grouped with the little gray Ranks.
Yeah, that's great. And it doesn't teach me anything about being a better Killer going up against those experienced players when I'm still trying to learn even the goddamn basics of the game.
At this point, since I'm just starting out and have seen it already, I don't know if I want to just put the game down and play it as a side thing, just say to hell with it and go Survivor and SWF myself with people via Steam/Discord, or what.
I am already an addict… leave while you can. :P
Ok, we found the issue. You like playing the partyclown.
I actually want to play the KILLER.
Pips are punishment, since ranking up only make matches worse for killer.
And bloodpoints are just a sideproduct to keep up with all the stuff I need to use.
If you can't kill, you are a pointpiniata for the survivor and not a threat.
No I just wanna have fun and play the game for fun.
Glad it's not based on hooks and kills anymore. So many newbie trash Killers would camp just so they could pip. Not sure how bad it is in the lower ranks, but I haven't hit many camping Killers lately, so maybe that change was a good thing.
Killers should be able to choose what lobbies they want to play. I'd much rather this than having them DC at the start of a match or mid-match because some toxic buttholes want to play laser tag with them instead of playing the game. Too much selfishness and ego at times.
Survivors use what they have like looping to survive. Killers use what they have to have an actually fun game. Deal with it.