Killer entitlement with the lobby cherry picking and dc's
Make lobby hidden and punish dc with immediate de-ranking similar to that that happens monthly or put a timer or some kind of penalty. That includes survivors to.
Problem solved.
Problem solved.
Comments
I will dare to talk about entitlement just how killers dare to mock survivor in so many threads and act like victims when it suits them. Someone has to since this forum is more killer oriented.
mmh... strange… I heard the people say the same about the steam forum.
Maybe you should switch to reddit and hope to find an echochamber for survivor there.
Of course only if they are biased the "wrong direction", right?
If they agree on your bias they are unbiased, right?
Killers mock survivors? You will lie so blatantly even now?
Don't take the bait. Most likely she is just trying to provoke reasons for reports.
Naaaa
Killers saying lobby dodging is not the same as disconnecting mid match and you claiming that it's the same.
Would you really prefer to lose all offerings, points and several minutes, instead of some seconds to join a new lobby?
Your kind built this toxicity, bye, farewell and never come back. This place will be better without you.
As a “survivor main” myself I’m appalled. There really shouldn’t be a discussion here.
Dead by Daylight is not mechanically designed to take into consideration survivor players being able to communicate so effectively. Being able to determine the killer’s location, communicate where hex totems or chests are located (or what’s in the chests), to talk with each other about the last few generator(s) to focus on, the list of advantages SWF gives survivors is obscene and the surface has barely been scratched.
With regards to camping/tunneling, flashlight spam (if that’s even a thing) one or two controversial perks (on both sides) and even taunting and bad bahaviour – those things are all fine (if frowned upon), but SWF really is something else.
And “lobby dodging” to avoid SWF is not comparable AT ALL to mid-game rage-quitting. The latter is inexcusable in almost all circumstances and utterly contemptable. Whereas, I really don’t blame killer lobby dodging. In fact, in the spirit of fair play and respect, I encourage it.
Why is this being discussed?
Amen to that.
It's discussed because a lot of players would rather lobby to keep the game imbalanced AKA keep their bullying simulator as much as they can.
You're talking to peoples who when hearing a potential Freddy buff, proceed to lobby against it, and defended Infinites back then, even knowing it's bullshit they would still defend it at all cost.
"Because it's FUN (TM)."
And since this situation is rotting for years, Devs basically created a Troll paradise.
And they conviniently keep this toxic atmosphere, since they noticed it bringed a lot of Ochido wannabe.
It's their cash cow, and they'll never get rid of it as long as it keep doing his job.
Don't put your hope too high for seeing drastic change coming soon.
Or at all.
You're right aren't you. Youtube is a massive indirect advertising platform and will drive up sales regardless of the fact it's "fun" at the expense of a minority. Hell, I've laughed at Ochido.
In the face of this, I would've hoped the more savvy members of the community would tolerate lobby dodging. Lobby dodging is at least is an "valid" (if very frowned upon) and (clearly) necessary counter move, but no. There isn't a sense of sportmanship or challenge. I had no idea I was such a "Samurai".
It's painfully clear that the survivor side is (overall) in the wrong! And herein is the root of DBDs toxicity problem.
Were is it toxic to have a nice experience ? xD Why would you play against a SWF group who got every plus in the game while every killer got in that situation the ######### on the stick while the surv gets the marshmellow yes its sometimes ######### but if you get for only one site a better experience why the hell should the other site run with that big ass ######### you around ? xD
lmfao
Devour Hope in 99.9% of cases is gone LONG beofore even 3 tokens pops up, nevermind 5.
NOED I would agree with it's very strong and can feel very cheap. Though as people say it can be countered before it even activates. Decisive Strike can not. Plus you usually get multiple DS per game and it's quite common to be hit with it twice due to hook placement. That's 2 extra chases and hits required which is equivalent to chasing a survivor from full health but not getting a hook out of it. It can add the time of an extra generator on if there's a good pallet/loop nearby.
I play killer and survivor and killer is by far the more stressful. I'd gladly get rid of NOED if we could be done with DS, Adrenaline and all those kind of perks.
Having a toolbox isn't toxic. Neither are cosmetics.
I'm not "acting" in any certain way. The topic of discussion is the current problem of lobby dodging.
All they pointed out was that Survivors shouldn't use perks, cosmetics or tools to play the game.
And that sounds reasonable?
Seriously? That's really scary logic.
In a perfect world what would a surv set up look like? One where you wouldn't be inclined to lobby dodge?
It would be more like picking someone to play a game in middle school. If you're always last picked either you change your behavior or quit the game because you'll never be picked to play.
You don't seem to play killer often. Usually you can spot the guy that wants to get chased already in the lobby by wearing the brightest colors available most likely along a flashlight.
In most cases I am right and see that very guy running in the plain open right at the start of the match, never even trying to stay hidden.
It's a matter of ingame experience. Often you also get a feeling for that one guy that doesn't ready up if he is just afk or waiting for a last second switch.
That's when I have the cursor hovering over the "leave lobby" button and look for the feet to see the character switch at the 7th second.
I will leave the lobby if all 4 people join at same time AND one of the following conditions are met; MORE than 2 toolboxes OR dont ready up
If you can't take the forums than you should stick to the game because people on here are pretty toxic and always think of the most negative situations to paint a picture of a scenario..
I've said for a long time now survivors should get x time to lock in say at 15 seconds and then the killer gets the remaining 10 seconds to pick their loadout. What would help is if their was loadouts you could choose that you've preset with your perks and (items survivor side)/addons.
That would really speed up choices and the killer has 10 seconds to choose what they want perhaps even have certain perks/addons favorited for easier access. That way both sides can ready up and the jerks that like to last second switch can't.
As far as not readying up I often don't if the killers ping is fluctuating non stop or goes up and down due to them either downloading or checking profiles.
Now speaking of profiles i've got mine set to private so i don't get trolls commenting nor checking my profile and trying to harass people on my friends list. It's happened often enough that I just choose not to deal with a bunch if idiots anymore.
I get dodged because my profiles set to private all the time but if you can't handle the fact you can't see my profile too bad. There's killers that check to see if you've got a lot of achievements to dodge you which I find foolish.
If you look at the campfire choosing weaker prey argument that's a really bad argument in the sense that that's not what the entity is looking for. The entity chose you as a killer to go after anyone not pick and choose the weakest prey.
Private profile = most likely Swf
Or people that don't like dealing with jerks.
If you'd been an admin for as long as I was both forum and server wise you'd have your profile set to private as well. I've still got on backup all my Sourcebans demo's from CS and all of my ahem hate mail stuff from forums. I kept the SB stuff since I was a senior admin and so I agreed to keep it as a backup which has worked out since their data has gotten corrupted a few times.
The forum stuff I keep because I'm still a member of some of the places and people try and come back and claim they were falsely banned all the time. This includes the correspondence with why they were banned as well as the colorful responses.
If you ask anyone that's done site/server admin for a long time they'll all tell you they keep their Steam profiles private.
Just deactivate non friends commenting on your profile and you are fine.
Private profile in DBD is hiding SWF 90% of the time.
I don't mind the killer perks, add ons or offerings, they add to the drama and intensity of the game.
People often talk about "crutch whatever perk" from each side. I look at it as a tool being used. Often I run into people who don't use the popular stuff and they are usually the most skilled at the game but also can be very mean to the killer/survivor.
I think a lot of it comes down to behavior. If all the perks, offerings etc. were the same but people treated each other better then the game would be more fun to play.
This is so …
"Once" = "once PER survivor"
We are talking about that strawman argument for over 2 years now and you really keep bringing this crap up?
Anyone who cherry picks for lobby’s is a sore loser. I play killer nearly every day, multiple times a day, and I don’t experience most of what I’ve been reading people complain about. It’s a GAME. You’re gonna lose sometimes.
Just don’t play the game, that’s my advice. People who play killer and lobby dodge ruin the game for everyone. You don’t know which survivors are going to actually be jerks, and your inference is more likely inaccurate.
This is a classic example of the flawed decision making of consequentialism. People THINK they know what will happen, so they make a decision without considering the deontological aspect. Most people who cherry pick lobby’s are ignorant and make a uniformed decision. Simple as that.
Leave the game with killers who will actually commit to a match.
@not_Queen we need dedicated servers.
I wish we could personally block players who lobby dodge, and players who Dc on the hook. Please give us this ability. >.<
Once I got hip to the lingo of "gg" I started sending it to the killer. I don't care if I sucked or they did. It's nice to say it and most all have either become friends and play on a regular or they are friendly and say it back.
that still doesn't stop people from harassing your friends or trying to add them as friends to then harass them. If your friends list could be blocked that wouldn't be as big of an issue then but I've also had people join groups i'm part of and start causing drama.
Just remember never underestimate the determination of someone who's super salty, if given a way they'll find it. I mean look at what PS4 users go through judging by the posts on here.
As someone who also plays killer, it sounds like you’re making an excuse because you don’t wanna lose.
You've never heard of the boring Sabo daily or the perform cooperative actions for a total of 3 minutes? If 2 people are duoing by both bringing TB's they can do that all in 1 match.
Perhaps they've got tons of toolboxes stockpiled from all the times they never brought one in precisely because killers lobby dodge if there's even 1 TB let alone 2 or 1 Tb and another item. I've personally got a huge stockpile of toolboxes, medkits, flashlights etc all because I can't bring one due to lobby dodging.
One exception, it's more than 1 when I play Trapper.
Chances are you'll find a 3rd in a chest anyways
Okay we get it we aren't allowed to play with our friends
Don't mind me, too much, I'm just venting some.
It's not that you're playing with friends. In and of itself, I doubt anyone cares.
It's how much the SWF is using it to their advantage.
This game is not balanced for people communicating through voice chat, and coordinating as a team.
It just isn't, and may never be.
Coordinating, especially with voice, is incredibly hard to counter for the killer because it's like a dozen high rank perks all at once for free.
And because a lot of SWFs just wanna abuse the immense advantages of -everyone- in an SWF is going to pay for it thanks to statistics.
But its like what will you do?
As a killer? Lobby dodge.
I suck at the game, and don't really want to reward it/deal with the headache unless I'm doing rituals or something. :P
Like I said, the odds of a group just wanting to curb stomp me are just too high.
As a survivor? I run solo. It sort of combats SWFs because at most there can be a 3 person team, or an "Ed, Edd, and Eddy" as people call it.
Cursed Ed-boys!!
Beyond that, there really isn't anything to be done. Discord, and searching for a lobby at the same time is easy enough to group with friends if they take out SWFm so you may as well leave it in.
If you SWF, hope no one notices, or is up for the challenge, I guess.
I do not blame killers for bouncing out of an SWF lobby.
I don't blame SWFs for being mad about it.
I don't blame people that solo, or are in duos for being mad about it.
The only thing I can think of is maybe setting up a system of rewards that scale depending on the size of the SWF(s) vs the killer.
I.e. a bonus in blood points and/or XP depending on how many are in an SWF, penalizing the SWF if they push the match too fast (I've seen a match end in 3 minutes or so with 3 people escaping, sacrificing the 4th), generally penalizing them with slower repairs/healing in general.
Frankly, I'd be happy with some extra blood points, and maybe an XP bonus. I don't care too much to penalize them as much as I love a longer trial, and time to do something.
Sure, if I could opt out of SWFs.
No, you obviously don't get anything.
Don't play the victim card.
Don't try to tell me it is just about "playing with friends".
SWF on voice com gives a HUGE advantage for the team.
Do you think it is ok to "just play with your friends" if that totally screws over the other player you are playing with?
You know what? The killer is not a bot. It is another human being and he has a right to "have fun" also.
Fun in like playing a fair game.
If you can't be online without your friends, go play another game that is balance for that.
You're entire comment was "Dont play with your friends because it isnt fun for me." get good as killer and counter SWF groups only rank 20's complain about SWF
So your "fun" is more important than that of the killer player, right?
That's your mindset, survivor player are worth more than killer player.
Sorry, but that sounds like some racist thinking to me.
And tell me again, how can a killer "get good" to "counter" SWF?
There is no "counter" to voice com.
And most likely you know it, but you talk crap like this to keep your advantages.
How about you survivor "get good" and play the game as intended. Solo and without voice com.
Leave your crutch friends at home and go solo against a killer.
But that isn't "fun", right? Because it is to difficult, to challenging and you might actually lose...