Survivors only want weak killers in the game

I play wraith and chase at jungle gyms and unmindgameable pallets, I get tbagged and called a trash killer. I play pyramid and never get tbagged but called boring for playing a strong killer. Survivors only want to play follow the leader, anything other then that needs a nerf and counterplay (even though there's plenty).

Comments

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894397#Comment_1894397

    At their current pace probably never.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894398#Comment_1894398

    Yeah but a survivor can run a killer for 5 gens and a killer cant do that so survivor is stronger. Like (????)

    If you are getting run for 5 gens it's definitely not the games fault.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894410#Comment_1894410

    If you are getting run for 5 gens it's definitely not the games fault.

    I just don't see the point you're making. In a game of cat and mouse the cat is stronger because they can catch the mouse and the opposite isn't true?

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894417#Comment_1894417

    I just don't see the point you're making. In a game of cat and mouse the cat is stronger because they can catch the mouse and the opposite isn't true?

    What he's saying is that you need to learn when to give up on a really unfavorable chase and look for easier targets. If one guy is running you around for five generators while their teammates get to work gens undisturbed, that's on you, not the game.

  • If they can't loop you or teabag you at a pallet a Survivor isn't happy.

  • I mean not all survivors are like that. Most of them are tho. They'll make sure you know when you play a weaker killer once you pull out a strong killer they'll either DC, give up on hook, and they'll let you know at end chat. However once you start playing at red ranks or even purple ranks its a bit harder playing with non meta killers.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894102#Comment_1894102

    LOL

    Blight: busted FoV

    Billy: trash since the nerf

    Oni: Billy with extra steps.

    He said most survivors want fair, fun and balanced killers. Literally nothing you listed changes the fact that those 3 killers, for survivors, are fair, fun and balanced.

    Also, Billy definitely isn't trash. He's still low A tier. Is he more tedious to play now and slightly less fun? Yes. But in terms of strength, nothing has drastically changed.

    I absolutely agree with you about his overheat being unnecessary though. I don't see why they decided to put resources into changing a killer that didn't need change.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894102#Comment_1894102

    LOL

    Blight: busted FoV

    Billy: trash since the nerf

    Oni: Billy with extra steps.

    Oni can 4 slug a team faster than nurse and blight just watch Scott play him

  • Lol... The pyramid isn't op. Isn't it lovely to get flamed? want to join an other game? :D

    I play mainly survivor but i don't get it. Die or not that's the game.

    So here it is:

    catch me if you can :*

  • This is quite funny to read. It's that bad I'm certain it's actually bait.

    Using your logic I'm going to try and create an argument for the other side. Btw this isn't my actual opinion I'm just doing this for comedic effect while showing some flawed logic.

    All killer want is an easy 4k every single game. They want to be able to win every single game without needing to use any brain cells and putting in minimal effort. If they can't tunnel and camp for an easy win they cry for DS nerf. The only challenge they actually have in this game is swf so they want it removed because of how broken talking to my friends is. Imagine also saying the devs are "survivor favoured" when the last 4 maps are massively killer favoured.

    Again need to state this is a joke message just to expose bad logic.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894102#Comment_1894102

    LOL

    Blight: busted FoV

    Billy: trash since the nerf

    Oni: Billy with extra steps.

    Billy is still fine

    Blight is great even with the ######### FOV

    Oni is pretty damn different from Billy. Blood management, the urgency to get multiple hits as fast as possible, the flick at the end of a charge and the strafing all differentiate him a lot from Billy.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    This is quite funny to read. It's that bad I'm certain it's actually bait.

    Using your logic I'm going to try and create an argument for the other side. Btw this isn't my actual opinion I'm just doing this for comedic effect while showing some flawed logic.

    All killer want is an easy 4k every single game. They want to be able to win every single game without needing to use any brain cells and putting in minimal effort. If they can't tunnel and camp for an easy win they cry for DS nerf. The only challenge they actually have in this game is swf so they want it removed because of how broken talking to my friends is. Imagine also saying the devs are "survivor favoured" when the last 4 maps are massively killer favoured.

    Again need to state this is a joke message just to expose bad logic.

    This is so bad it has to be bait lol

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Nope, there's a difference between good killers and boring killers. For example I LOVE playing against a nurse because it feels so good when you juke a good one, or bully a bad one. BUT I despise going against freddy, not because he's broken but because he's one of the most boring killers to go against, especially forever Freddy.

    Twins are also a great example, they're not even close to op, but they're so boring to go against, since 90% just camp the hook and get rewarded for it.

    Do people hate spirit? Yes, because stridor spirit is literally uncounterable. Do people hate pyramid head? Yes, because it feels that you can't do anything sometimes. Do people hate deathslinger? Yes, because a good deathslinger is ######### annoying to go against. But:

    People don't hate the nurse, arguably the strongest killer in the game.

    Neither hag (well most of them, I've been trashtalked for playing hag). She's strong as hell in the right hands.

    so basically, a good killer player make it feel like tere is no counter play to the killer, therefore the killer is boring....

    OKAY

  • This is so bad it has to be bait lol

  • @Axx said:

    I would say the majority of survivors don't like a challenge. Why do you think most people play survivor? The game is only difficult vs like 4 killers if you are a competent survivor, and the player playing the killer has to be decent as well. I have had people cuss me out for using Doc on Fractured Cowshed. Imagine getting mad at a Doc on that map. Also, I said the majority, not all. So if you fall into that small minority that likes a challenge as survivor, don't get offended.

    THANKS! they don't know how annoying they are. They leave their mates at hook and just bugger off. They don't give even fair killers a chance. But a killer should let them go pick the right killer and play the way they want them to.

    They could mind teamplay instead! They would be way better.

    But if they fail it's allways the killers fault.

    I mainly play survivor. But this sucks!

  • Survivors want killers that are susceptible to looping.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    Nope, there's a difference between good killers and boring killers. For example I LOVE playing against a nurse because it feels so good when you juke a good one, or bully a bad one. BUT I despise going against freddy, not because he's broken but because he's one of the most boring killers to go against, especially forever Freddy.

    Twins are also a great example, they're not even close to op, but they're so boring to go against, since 90% just camp the hook and get rewarded for it.

    Do people hate spirit? Yes, because stridor spirit is literally uncounterable. Do people hate pyramid head? Yes, because it feels that you can't do anything sometimes. Do people hate deathslinger? Yes, because a good deathslinger is ######### annoying to go against. But:

    People don't hate the nurse, arguably the strongest killer in the game.

    Neither hag (well most of them, I've been trashtalked for playing hag). She's strong as hell in the right hands.

    "I love playing against a nurse because it feels so good when you juke a good one, or bully a bad one."

    The second part of that sentence is why new killers leave and don't come back.

    It's great to be proud when you out-maneuverer or out-think a good opponent. It's utter trash to realise that an opponent isn't at your skill level and bully them.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894105#Comment_1894105

    Oni can 4 slug a team faster than nurse and blight just watch Scott play him

    And where did i claim anything different...?

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894105#Comment_1894105

    He said most survivors want fair, fun and balanced killers. Literally nothing you listed changes the fact that those 3 killers, for survivors, are fair, fun and balanced.

    Also, Billy definitely isn't trash. He's still low A tier. Is he more tedious to play now and slightly less fun? Yes. But in terms of strength, nothing has drastically changed.

    I absolutely agree with you about his overheat being unnecessary though. I don't see why they decided to put resources into changing a killer that didn't need change.

    I don´t know any killer that isn´t fair or fun to play against.

    But i wish, we had more killers like Myers. With a kit that can be adapted for different playstyles.

  • @Critical_Fish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894105#Comment_1894105

    Billy is still fine

    Blight is great even with the ######### FOV

    Oni is pretty damn different from Billy. Blood management, the urgency to get multiple hits as fast as possible, the flick at the end of a charge and the strafing all differentiate him a lot from Billy.

    As i said. Oni is Billy with extra steps.

    Imagine Billy having to collect gasoline. Thats how i sometimes feel while playing Oni.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894272#Comment_1894272

    I really want to see the new kill rates. After his nerf and after moris were turned into something recreational.

    I suspect that they are considerably lower than before.

    As long as Noed, undying, Freddy, Spirit and Corrupt Intervention are not nerfed they will still be like 70%

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894315#Comment_1894315

    His nerf wasn't necessary. He was the to go standard on how other killers should be balanced.

    He was perfectly fine.

    No he was not fine tbh

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894328#Comment_1894328

    As long as Noed, undying, Freddy, Spirit and Corrupt Intervention are not nerfed they will still be like 70%

    Undying was nerfed, Freddy will be nerfed and Corrupt Intervention? Whats wrong with that perk?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895250#Comment_1895250

    Undying was nerfed, Freddy will be nerfed and Corrupt Intervention? Whats wrong with that perk?

    It has no downsides or Risks for his reward.

  • You can only use it for 2 minutes lol

  • half the people in this post stink of entitlement!

    yes there are a vocal group of survivors who want ezy mode bully the killer time, some not most

    but there's also a group of killers who think doing gens efficiently is toxic and survivors should just hold w and not escape


    everyone likes to win but not everyone wants easy mode, get over it. Someone people are gonna be toxic #########, but not everyone.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895250#Comment_1895250

    Undying was nerfed, Freddy will be nerfed and Corrupt Intervention? Whats wrong with that perk?

    Just check his post history. He made a whole thread about corrupt being unfair and op.

    Edit: Or boring. Most of his posts show mindless bias.

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    half the people in this post stink of entitlement!

    yes there are a vocal group of survivors who want ezy mode bully the killer time, some not most

    but there's also a group of killers who think doing gens efficiently is toxic and survivors should just hold w and not escape

    everyone likes to win but not everyone wants easy mode, get over it. Someone people are gonna be toxic #########, but not everyone.

    It's funny how people on this post think I'm saying all survivors are like that when I have not said that once.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895347#Comment_1895347

    It's funny how people on this post think I'm saying all survivors are like that when I have not said that once.

    The title of your post itself could implie a generalisation over all survivors.

  • nope, survivors want to play a game, not just know you will go down and there is nothing you can do about it if the killer happens to go for you.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895361#Comment_1895361

    The title of your post itself could implie a generalisation over all survivors.

    Or it can mean I'm talking about some.

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895347#Comment_1895347

    It's funny how people on this post think I'm saying all survivors are like that when I have not said that once.

    I never said you said all survivors, and I'm addressing the people on the three pages of this post who seem to act like that's the case.

  • That's why I said "could". But if you are not specific, then you shouldn't be surprised/upset (don't know if you are/don't care, written text is hard to interpret sometimes) when people take it either way.


  • You said billy was nerfed hard but in reality most good Billy’s can still do really well.

    these killers are fun because they add equal challenge and counter play to both sides making a more fun match overall.

    While I play killers like deathslinger because I find them fun I’d be lying if I said the survivors were having as much fun as I was.

  • @GannTM said:

    Not every survivor is like that. I think that survivor is the more whiney side in general but most of the complaints about boring killers are pretty valid.

    Killers like Spirit, Deathslinger, and Pyramid Head completely negate the skill of the survivor, which is honestly not fair. I’m not saying these killers have no counterplay but the counterplay they do have is very stale and boring because it has nothing to do with the survivor’s input. Now, all these killers do require the player playing them to be good but relying on just the killer player to be bad isn’t good design. I even main Spirit and I know this is true.

    Billy, Blight, and Huntress (assuming she doesn’t have Iri Head) are all strong killers but aren’t oppressive because there are ways to play around their power as long as you have the skill and you are aware what counters they have. Because of that, these killers are great examples of killers that are still strong but still offer fun gameplay from both sides.

    That is only at least partly true if the whole skill a survivor brings is in chases. But there is more to this game than just running in circles.

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894397#Comment_1894397

    At their current pace probably never.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894398#Comment_1894398

    Yeah but a survivor can run a killer for 5 gens and a killer cant do that so survivor is stronger. Like (????)

    This honestly seems like a you problem. You shouldn't be chasing a survivor for 5 gens. If they are that good, you should leave them and go chase someone else.

  • @Aldofer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894108#Comment_1894108

    so basically, a good killer player make it feel like tere is no counter play to the killer, therefore the killer is boring....

    OKAY

    Is this really what you took from my post? I said that a good deathslinger feels uncounterable. Scott has actually made a pretty good video that goes into detail about this. When you're in a loop with a deathslinger, basically, if you don't get hit by his power it's not that you dodged perfectly, it's mostly that the desthslinger missed. It doesn't feel fulfilling at all.

    A good nurse isn't boring, for me at least, because it's remarkable how well they predict. As I said, I find good hags really fun to play. But a good, hell a mediocre freddy or twins are the most boring ######### you can go against, especially when they're running only slowdown (forever Freddy)

    Hope I was clear enough this time

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895232#Comment_1895232

    You said billy was nerfed hard but in reality most good Billy’s can still do really well.

    these killers are fun because they add equal challenge and counter play to both sides making a more fun match overall.

    While I play killers like deathslinger because I find them fun I’d be lying if I said the survivors were having as much fun as I was.

    Fair point.

    Yesterday i missed each and every shot with him. So i guess, those survivors had the time of their live.

    I think he needs a rework of his addons. Since the red ones are useless. (Deathslinger)

  • Could you name survivor perks that have downsides or risks for their reward, please?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895380#Comment_1895380

    Fair point.

    Yesterday i missed each and every shot with him. So i guess, those survivors had the time of their live.

    I think he needs a rework of his addons. Since the red ones are useless. (Deathslinger)

    Yeah his red are Terrible especially the hellshire iron. You can’t even move your camera to see the auras in your 24m terror radius.

    The coin is usable but you have to have god tier aim to consistently get exposes

    Survivors would rather have killers that give them a chance to show off their looping skills than having no deciding factor in their chase besides hoping the killer messes up

  • @Bardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1894108#Comment_1894108

    "I love playing against a nurse because it feels so good when you juke a good one, or bully a bad one."

    The second part of that sentence is why new killers leave and don't come back.

    It's great to be proud when you out-maneuverer or out-think a good opponent. It's utter trash to realise that an opponent isn't at your skill level and bully them.

    When playing survivor you feel more accomplished when you outsmart your opponent. When I outsmart a nurse, I do feel good I'm not going to deny that. This game rewards time and effort, in most situations. So if new players don't try, fail and learn, then what's the point of complaining?

    Also I doubt I mentioned bullying. As an immersed gamer (name) I don't really enjoy getting found, most of the times. If I'm found, I'll try to stay alive. I don't really understand if you're calling me trash for feeling good when I outsmart a bad nurse, because if that's the case I'm impressed, because I almost never bully any "baby" killer, I just do my job, trying to survive. Should I just, stand still and let them hit me so they can feel good about themselves? We're in a really weird situation right now because the community hasn't really define the word "bullying" in this game, and it's not the only one (camping for example).

    So if by "bullying" you mean repeatedly outsmarting and looping a killer of lower rank, then I guess I'm bullying new killers.

    If by "bullying" you mean repeatedly annoying the killer by tbagging, following them and flashlight clicking, then I guess I'm the exact opposite of that

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895341#Comment_1895341

    Could you name survivor perks that have downsides or risks for their reward, please?

    BT can be risky against stealth killers or Freddy who can nullify it. Aura perks can be countered by blindness. Healing perks can be countered be mangled or broken. Running DS without unbreakable can cause slugging nullifying the perk. Plagues existence makes healing perks risky

    I could go on

    Edit: I forgot exhaustion addons

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895401#Comment_1895401

    BT can be risky against stealth killers or Freddy who can nullify it. Aura perks can be countered by blindness. Healing perks can be countered be mangled or broken. Running DS without unbreakable can cause slugging nullifying the perk. Plagues existence makes healing perks risky

    I could go on

    How can BT be risky? You mean a safe unhook can be risky.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895401#Comment_1895401

    BT can be risky against stealth killers or Freddy who can nullify it. Aura perks can be countered by blindness. Healing perks can be countered be mangled or broken. Running DS without unbreakable can cause slugging nullifying the perk. Plagues existence makes healing perks risky

    I could go on

    You're listing counters. There's a difference between counters and a risk/downside.


    @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895341#Comment_1895341

    Could you name survivor perks that have downsides or risks for their reward, please?

    Deliverance - the survivor is broken after unhooking themselves. (The risk can be negated with DS, but that requires a second perk.)

    For the People - the survivor becomes broken for a while to heal a teammate.

    Second Wind - the survivor is broken for a while before automatically healing.

    It seems the devs like to use the Broken status as their risk/downside for perks. And yeah, as a downside it's pretty unimpressive.

    Edit: Mettle of Man shows the survivor's aura next time he's healed after using the free health state. That's its built-in downside. Of course, the real downside to MoM is that you have to throw the match just to use it the one time.


    Edit 2: (Bringing counters into the equation, Corrupt Intervention does have a risk. On anyone other than Trapper or Hag, if the survivors just hide for those 120 seconds, the benefit of Corrupt Intervention is nullified and the killer is left with three perks. Corrupt Intervention also makes hexes more risky because survivors often use that downtime to go hunting for totems.)

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895421#Comment_1895421

    You're listing counters. There's a difference between counters and a risk/downside.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895401#Comment_1895401

    Deliverance - the survivor is broken after unhooking themselves. (The risk can be negated with DS, but that requires a second perk.)

    For the People - the survivor becomes broken for a while to heal a teammate.

    Second Wind - the survivor is broken for a while before automatically healing.

    It seems the devs like to use the Broken status as their risk/downside for perks. And yeah, as a downside it's pretty unimpressive.

    A perk having a counter is still technically a risk considering your risking the killer having a counter to your perk.

    When i bring a healing build I am running the risk of fighting a plague( however rare they are) who will completely nullify my build and leave me perkless. That’s a pretty big risk

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895421#Comment_1895421

    How can BT be risky? You mean a safe unhook can be risky.

    I’m just saying it can backfire if you think it is safe and ghostface comes around the corner in stealth mode to tunnel your friend

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895341#Comment_1895341

    Could you name survivor perks that have downsides or risks for their reward, please?

    What a classic Whatsaboutthis

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895423#Comment_1895423

    I’m just saying it can backfire if you think it is safe and ghostface comes around the corner in stealth mode to tunnel your friend

    If you think it is safe, you don't need BT. BT is for going for risky saves to counter campers\tunnelers. It can't backfire because BT is insurance

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895341#Comment_1895341

    Could you name survivor perks that have downsides or risks for their reward, please?

    Also...

    BT can be risky against stealth killers or Freddy who can nullify it. Aura perks can be countered by blindness. Healing perks can be countered be mangled or broken. Running DS without unbreakable can cause slugging nullifying the perk. Plagues existence makes healing perks risky


    I could go on


    Edit: I forgot exhaustion addons

  • @SilentHillOnDvD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1895433#Comment_1895433

    If you think it is safe, you don't need BT. BT is for going for risky saves to counter campers\tunnelers. It can't backfire because BT is insurance

    Backfire was the wrong word my bad I meant to say some killers could nullify it’s effect causing a bad play on your part

1 2 3 4