What's Your Top 10 Favourite Movies?

I worked out my favourite movies of all time about 6 months ago. I recently rewatched The Departed and it made me remember that list.

The question is what is your top 10 movies but you don't need to fill that all out. You can just name your favourite and a bit about why you love it.

Before I mention my list I want to make a few things clear.

  • Some of these are based of nostalgia. One in particular I know isn't considered a good movie but it's one that I loved as a child and could still watch easily today.
  • The order will probably change based off which movie I saw most recently but the top 10 will still be the same.

Ok here's my list:

  1. The Dark Knight
  2. The Incredibles
  3. Django Unchained
  4. Inception
  5. The Wolf Of Wall Street
  6. Kill Bill 1
  7. Chicago
  8. Goodfellas
  9. The Departed
  10. Doom

Leonardo DiCaprio I can't give the man enough praise. The thing that shocks me is when I look over this list only one of them has Jack Nicholson. Rewatching The Departed just reminded me of why he's one of my favourite actors of all time.

Bet it won't take long to find out what bad movie made my list lol

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • This is my Top Favorite Movies.

    1. The Avengers (2012)
    2. Batman: The Dark Knight.
    3. Pixels.
    4. Star Wars: The Attack of the Clones.
    5. Speed.
    6. Halloween.
    7. Back to the Future 2.
    8. Ready Player One.
    9. Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives.
    10. Dragon Ball Z: The Battle of Gods.

    The truth is that these will be my 10 favorite movies since I usually see much more series on Amazon than movies.

  • My favs:

    1. Valley of the Dolls
    2. Edward Scissorhands
    3. Jurassic World
    4. Train To Busan
    5. Insidious: Chapter 3
    6. Don't Make Waves
    7. Evil Dead (2013)
    8. Jennifer's Body
    9. Mother!
    10. Love Simon

    Honorable Mentions:

    • Carrie (2013) [Yes I think it's better than the OG]
    • Don't Breathe
    • American Beauty
    • Scream
    • Tag (2015)
  • @CashelP14 said:

    I worked out my favourite movies of all time about 6 months ago. I recently rewatched The Departed and it made me remember that list.

    The question is what is your top 10 movies but you don't need to fill that all out. You can just name your favourite and a bit about why you love it.

    Before I mention my list I want to make a few things clear.

    • Some of these are based of nostalgia. One in particular I know isn't considered a good movie but it's one that I loved as a child and could still watch easily today.
    • The order will probably change based off which movie I saw most recently but the top 10 will still be the same.

    Ok here's my list:

    1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Incredibles
    3. Django Unchained
    4. Inception
    5. The Wolf Of Wall Street
    6. Kill Bill 1
    7. Chicago
    8. Goodfellas
    9. The Departed
    10. Doom

    Leonardo DiCaprio I can't give the man enough praise. The thing that shocks me is when I look over this list only one of them has Jack Nicholson. Rewatching The Departed just reminded me of why he's one of my favourite actors of all time.

    Bet it won't take long to find out what bad movie made my list lol

    If you like Leonardo Dicaprio and Jack Nicholson, I recommend you watch two movies: "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

    The first movie I listed features Dicaprio when he was young. And the second movie I mentioned not only stars Jack Nicholson, but is also considered by critics to be one of the greatest films ever made (and is also my personal fav).

  • The order is random; and most of those are different to each other in genre/style/aftertaste.

    -One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

    -American History X

    -12 Angry Men

    -City of God

    -Memento

    -In Bruges

    -Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

    -Forrest Gump

    -No Country for Old Men

    -Life is Beautiful (Benigni's 1997 film - there are several other movies that share the same name)

  • @Jarol said:

    This is my Top Favorite Movies.

    1. The Avengers (2012)
    2. Batman: The Dark Knight.
    3. Pixels.
    4. Star Wars: The Attack of the Clones.
    5. Speed.
    6. Halloween.
    7. Back to the Future 2.
    8. Ready Player One.
    9. Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives.
    10. Dragon Ball Z: The Battle of Gods.

    The truth is that these will be my 10 favorite movies since I usually see much more series on Amazon than movies.

    Happy someone else also mentioned Ready Player One. Really enjoyed that movie when I saw it in cinema.

    @misterdaytona said:

    My favs:

    1. Valley of the Dolls
    2. Edward Scissorhands
    3. Jurassic World
    4. Train To Busan
    5. Insidious: Chapter 3
    6. Don't Make Waves
    7. Evil Dead (2013)
    8. Jennifer's Body
    9. Mother!
    10. Love Simon

    Honorable Mentions:

    • Carrie (2013) [Yes I think it's better than the OG]
    • Don't Breathe
    • American Beauty
    • Scream
    • Tag (2015)

    Wish I could comment on yours but I genuinely only seen Jurrasic Park from your list lol

    @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/220342/whats-your-top-10-favourite-movies

    If you like Leonardo Dicaprio and Jack Nicholson, I recommend you watch two movies: "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" and "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

    The first movie I listed features Dicaprio when he was young. And the second movie I mentioned not only stars Jack Nicholson, but is also considered by critics to be one of the greatest films ever made (and is also my personal fav).

    I saw One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Next. Been a good 5 or more years but I also thought the movie was excellent. I never even heard of the second one tbh.

    @TripleSteal said:

    The order is random; and most of those are different to each other in genre/style/aftertaste.

    -One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

    -American History X

    -12 Angry Men

    -City of God

    -Memento

    -In Bruges

    -Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

    -Forrest Gump

    -No Country for Old Men

    -Life is Beautiful (Benigni's 1997 film - there are several other movies that share the same name)

    Memento and No Country For Old Men are 2 movies I've told myself I need to watch. I have NCFOM saved on Netflix so I'm hoping to watch it someday soon.

    Forrest Gump is an excellent movie. I always said when I was younger it was my favourite movie of all time but as I got older I found I didn't enjoy it as much. The film is amazing but I feel like there are certain spots in that movie that are a bit slow.

  • Btw - just basing off your favourite movies list - have you seen pulp fiction, reservoir dogs and usual suspects?

    Edit: also (in my opinion) Jack Nickolson's best film (by far) is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest, but his magnum opus in terms of actor performance is probably As Good As It Gets. You might want to give it a shot, too.

  • My absolute favorite movie is John Carpenter's The Thing. That stands above everything else.

    My other favorites (in no particular order) are

    • Alien
    • Aliens
    • The Birds
    • Battle Royale
    • Inception
    • Die Hard with a Vengeance
    • The Dark Knight
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • In no particular order:


    . Stand By Me

    . Ready Player One

    . Deep Impact

    . Clerks

    . Mallrats

    . Ghostbusters 2

    . Spirited Away

    . Die Hard

    . Red Dawn (2012)

    . Back To The Future

  • @TripleSteal said:

    Btw - just basing off your favourite movies list - have you seen pulp fiction, reservoir dogs and usual suspects?

    Edit: also (in my opinion) Jack Nickolson's best film (by far) is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest, but his magnum opus in terms of actor performance is probably As Good As It Gets. You might want to give it a shot, too.

    I saw Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. The song Stuck In The Middle With You was one of my favourite songs ever just purely because of that scene.

    As Good As Gets is also excellent. Haven't seen it in a few years but I remember absolutely love it.

    1. The Hateful Eight
    2. Fury
    3. Full Metal Jacket
    4. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
    5. Pulp Fiction
    6. Dawn Of The Dead (2004)
    7. Lawless
    8. Warlock: The Armageddon
    9. Inglourious Basterds
    10. Platoon
  • ·        The Shawshank Redemption

    ·        The Green Mile

    ·        The Crow

    ·        Blade Runner

    ·        Alien

    ·        Pulp Fiction

    ·        Reservoir Dogs

    ·        The Shining

    ·        Raiders of The Lost Ark (Harrison Ford with a whip – don’t @ me)

    ·        The Dark Knight

    Narrowing it down to 10 was not easy and these are in no particular order...because Blade Runner would always be top, and The Crow would always be 2nd on my list. There's about 5 other movies that I want to add to that list now, I watch too many movies!

  • Top 3, then in no particular order:

    A Clockwork Orange

    Requiem for a dream

    Shutter Island

    Girl, interrupted

    The Others

    One Flew Over the cuckoo's nest

    Psycho 2-3

    Saw 1-3

    Stonehearst Asylum

    Martyrs

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    My absolute favorite movie is John Carpenter's The Thing. That stands above everything else.

    My other favorites (in no particular order) are

    • Alien
    • Aliens
    • The Birds
    • Battle Royale
    • Inception
    • Die Hard with a Vengeance
    • The Dark Knight
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

    Inception was so good the first time I watched it that I watched it again the next night.

    @GRT_Alkaline said:

    In no particular order:

    . Stand By Me

    . Ready Player One

    . Deep Impact

    . Clerks

    . Mallrats

    . Ghostbusters 2

    . Spirited Away

    . Die Hard

    . Red Dawn (2012)

    . Back To The Future

    More love for Ready Player One. If you didn't get to see it in the cinema then I'm sorry for you.

    @I_am_Negan said:

    1. The Hateful Eight
    2. Fury
    3. Full Metal Jacket
    4. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
    5. Pulp Fiction
    6. Dawn Of The Dead (2004)
    7. Lawless
    8. Warlock: The Armageddon
    9. Inglourious Basterds
    10. Platoon

    Very surprised to see Hateful Eight number 1. Love the movie also but I feel like the beginning is way too slow. The scene with the old man and SLJ is just amazing.

    @Mandy said:

    ·        The Shawshank Redemption

    ·        The Green Mile

    ·        The Crow

    ·        Blade Runner

    ·        Alien

    ·        Pulp Fiction

    ·        Reservoir Dogs

    ·        The Shining

    ·        Raiders of The Lost Ark (Harrison Ford with a whip – don’t @ me)

    ·        The Dark Knight

    Narrowing it down to 10 was not easy and these are in no particular order...because Blade Runner would always be top, and The Crow would always be 2nd on my list. There's about 5 other movies that I want to add to that list now, I watch too many movies!

    More love for the Dark Knight. Feel like it's one of the most common movies I've seen so far. If you want to name your honourable mentions you can lol

    @[Deleted User] said:

    1. My Father and My Son
    2. The Chaos Class (1975)
    3. Interstellar
    4. PARASITE
    5. Tenet
    6. The Dark Knight
    7. Harry Potter The Deathly Hallows Part 2
    8. The Shawshank Redemption
    9. The Truman Show
    10. The Pianist

    The Truman Show is a really really good shout. I loved watching Tenet in cinemas. It's very confusing but the big moments are genuinely shocking. Will say though the beginning is extremely slow which is why I'm not as excited for watching it a second or third time.

  • I like Sergio Leones western movies and well the first Alien. The Shining is ok and Terminator and T2 was also good at the time they came but have not seen them since. I very seldom watch movies these days it's 99% garbage. Have there really been any good movies in the 2000s? I really can't think of one.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882496#Comment_1882496

    Nolan's films are best watched in cinemas. Tenet wasn't very confusing to me because I watched the Dark series on netflix which is similar to Tenet's plot. not going to spoil but if you've seen Dark you'd know what I'm talking about. BTW Dark is really good as well even though it's a tv series.

    @CashelP14

    I didn't really put them in order 😀 it's to hard to pick a number 1.

    Yeah that was a cool part. I liked the Domergue's Got a Secret part. It's slow to start off, but it's an awesome movie

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882496#Comment_1882496

    Nolan's films are best watched in cinemas. Tenet wasn't very confusing to me because I watched the Dark series on netflix which is similar to Tenet's plot. not going to spoil but if you've seen Dark you'd know what I'm talking about. BTW Dark is really good as well even though it's a tv series.

    No I haven't but I'll definitely give it a go someday

    @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882509#Comment_1882509

    I didn't really put them in order 😀 it's to hard to pick a number 1.

    Yeah that was a cool part. I liked the Domergue's Got a Secret part. It's slow to start off, but it's an awesome movie

    Yea I loved the whole story. Tarantino movies are excellent for those sort of moments.

    It's why a movie like Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was soooooo disappointing to me. It is honestly the worst film I've watched in cinema in 5 years.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882509#Comment_1882509

    No I haven't but I'll definitely give it a go someday

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882530#Comment_1882530

    Yea I loved the whole story. Tarantino movies are excellent for those sort of moments.

    It's why a movie like Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was soooooo disappointing to me. It is honestly the worst film I've watched in cinema in 5 years.

    I haven't seen Once Upon A Time In Hollywood yet. Well at least I know now that it might be a let down

  • @I_am_Negan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882768#Comment_1882768

    I haven't seen Once Upon A Time In Hollywood yet. Well at least I know now that it might be a let down

    Don't then. It has 2 good scenes in the whole movie. If it wasn't for knowing it was a Tarantino movie I would've walked out half way through.

    It just felt like a slow, dull movie with basically no story. I love Margot Robbie and she literally did nothing the whole movie lol

  • The 10 Movies I Am Not Allowed to Suggest Watching Anymore, According to My Wife:

    • Star Wars
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • Back to the Future
    • Back to the Future Part II
    • Back to the Future Part III
    • Clue

    As far as a real top 10, I dunno. Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Halloween, Clue, Inside Out, uhhhhhh other movies I can't think of right now.

  • No order.

    • Joker
    • Halloween
    • A Nightmare On Elm Street
    • Scream
    • Jurassic Park
    • The Thing (1982)
    • The Shining (1980)
    • Evil Dead
    • Evil Dead 2
    • Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

    I know this is about movies but here's my top favorite three games too.

    1. Skyrim
    2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    3. Minecraft

    I think I made it very clear that I am a horror addict.

  • @Rydog said:

    The 10 Movies I Am Not Allowed to Suggest Watching Anymore, According to My Wife:

    • Star Wars
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • Back to the Future
    • Back to the Future Part II
    • Back to the Future Part III
    • Clue

    As far as a real top 10, I dunno. Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Halloween, Clue, Inside Out, uhhhhhh other movies I can't think of right now.

    Hmm you like your franchises, don't you? Lol

    @QwQw said:

    No order.

    • Joker
    • Halloween
    • A Nightmare On Elm Street
    • Scream
    • Jurassic Park
    • The Thing (1982)
    • The Shining (1980)
    • Evil Dead
    • Evil Dead 2
    • Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

    I know this is about movies but here's my top favorite three games too.

    1. Skyrim
    2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    3. Minecraft

    I think I made it very clear that I am a horror addict.

    Really? I thought after reading this you loved Romantic Comedies lol

    1. A Quiet Place
    2. You're Next
    3. Train To Busan
    4. Zombieland
    5. The Purge
    6. The Grudge (2004)
    7. SAW 1
    8. Scream
    9. The Sixth Sense
    10. Halloween 2
  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882792#Comment_1882792

    Don't then. It has 2 good scenes in the whole movie. If it wasn't for knowing it was a Tarantino movie I would've walked out half way through.

    It just felt like a slow, dull movie with basically no story. I love Margot Robbie and she literally did nothing the whole movie lol

    Thanks for the heads up

  • @DistortedDream said:

    1. A Quiet Place
    2. You're Next
    3. Train To Busan
    4. Zombieland
    5. The Purge
    6. The Grudge (2004)
    7. SAW 1
    8. Scream
    9. The Sixth Sense
    10. Halloween 2

    Ah another romantic comedy fanatic lol

    No problem lad 👍

    @Lofepramine said:

    Top 3, then in no particular order:

    A Clockwork Orange

    Requiem for a dream

    Shutter Island

    Girl, interrupted

    The Others

    One Flew Over the cuckoo's nest

    Psycho 2-3

    Saw 1-3

    Stonehearst Asylum

    Martyrs

    Just realised I missed yours. As a big fan of the saw movies I'm happy to see them in your top 10. Tobin Bell was excellent as Jigsaw.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I worked out my favourite movies of all time about 6 months ago. I recently rewatched The Departed and it made me remember that list.

    The question is what is your top 10 movies but you don't need to fill that all out. You can just name your favourite and a bit about why you love it.

    Before I mention my list I want to make a few things clear.

    • Some of these are based of nostalgia. One in particular I know isn't considered a good movie but it's one that I loved as a child and could still watch easily today.
    • The order will probably change based off which movie I saw most recently but the top 10 will still be the same.

    Ok here's my list:

    1. The Dark Knight
    2. The Incredibles
    3. Django Unchained
    4. Inception
    5. The Wolf Of Wall Street
    6. Kill Bill 1
    7. Chicago
    8. Goodfellas
    9. The Departed
    10. Doom

    Leonardo DiCaprio I can't give the man enough praise. The thing that shocks me is when I look over this list only one of them has Jack Nicholson. Rewatching The Departed just reminded me of why he's one of my favourite actors of all time.

    Bet it won't take long to find out what bad movie made my list lol

    Probably, in no particular order:

    • Spider Man: Into the Spiderverse
    • The Incredibles
    • Alien
    • A Silent Voice/The Shape of Voice

    And that's all I can think of. I need to watch more movies.

  • In no specific order:

    - The green mile

    -The Departed

    -The great dictator

    -The dark knight

    -Aladdin (og Disney not the rework)

    -Pulp Fiction

    -Blackkklansman

    -Django

    -The fight club

    -Rocknrolla


    The thing when I started listing is that one reminded me of another one and so on.

    Ready Player One was also a movie that had so many references to classics that I loved.

    Same with Toy Story 4 and the toys from my childhood (ducky and bunny are the best characters).

  • @TripleSteal said:

    The order is random; and most of those are different to each other in genre/style/aftertaste.

    -One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

    -American History X

    -12 Angry Men

    -City of God

    -Memento

    -In Bruges

    -Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

    -Forrest Gump

    -No Country for Old Men

    -Life is Beautiful (Benigni's 1997 film - there are several other movies that share the same name)

    Life is beautiful... <3

    Buon giorno príncipessa!

  • @Critical_Fish said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/220342/whats-your-top-10-favourite-movies

    Probably, in no particular order:

    • Spider Man: Into the Spiderverse
    • The Incredibles
    • Alien
    • A Silent Voice/The Shape of Voice

    And that's all I can think of. I need to watch more movies.

    Spiderman into the spider verse is great! I hope they make more of those.

  • @QwQw said:

    No order.

    • Joker
    • Halloween
    • A Nightmare On Elm Street
    • Scream
    • Jurassic Park
    • The Thing (1982)
    • The Shining (1980)
    • Evil Dead
    • Evil Dead 2
    • Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

    I know this is about movies but here's my top favorite three games too.

    1. Skyrim
    2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
    3. Minecraft

    I think I made it very clear that I am a horror addict.

    Ah, Joker was such a great movie!

  • Friday 13th

    Freddy

    Evil dead

    Evil dead 2

    Army of Darkness

    Ash vs Evil Dead

    Jason vs Freddy

    Hollwen

    Spider man 1 2 and 3

    dale and tucker vs evil🤣🤣

    It would be funny if they put Dale and tucker as survivors in dead by daylight

  • My Current Top Ten:

    1. Jacob's Ladder

    2. Schindler's List

    3. Jack

    4. Magnolia

    5. To Catch A Mockingbird

    5. Aliens

    6. 13 Going On 30

    7. The Navigator

    8. Platoon

    9. What A Wonderful Life

    10. The Ring

  • Lost in Translation (2003)

    The Rest of Us (2019)

    The Journey of Natty Gann (1985)

    A Country Called Home (2016)

    The Miseducation of Cameron Post (2018)

    10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

    Short Term 12 (2013)

    The Fundamentals of Caring (2016)

    Wild (2014)

    Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

    1. IT Chapter 2
    2. IT
    3. Jaws
    4. Dodgeball
    5. A Nightmare On Elm Street
    6. Halloween
    7. Friday the 13th
    8. Jurassic Park
    9. Avengers End Game
    10. Saw 3
  • I can't be bothered doing a list, but Jaws is my favourite, then Halloween.

  • Hard to choose 10 but here it goes in no order.

    Almost Famous

    Dazed and Confused

    The Burbs

    In Bruges

    Grosse Pointe Blank

    Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

    Cabin in the Woods

    Inglorious Basterds

    The Thing

    Tombstone

    1. Godzilla: King Of the Monsters (2019).
    2. Friday The 13th part 6: Jason Lives.
    3. Godzilla Final Wars.
    4. Godzilla Vs King Ghidorah.
    5. Godzilla And Mothra: The Battle for Earth.
    6. Godzilla Vs Space Godzilla.
    7. Godzilla vs Destroyah.
    8. Godzilla Vs Biollante.
    9. Freddy Vs Jason.
    10. Tucker And Dale Vs Evil.

    As for games however.

    1. Plants Vs Zombie's Garden Warfare 2.
    2. Godzilla The Game.
    3. Dead By Daylight.
    4. Garry's Mod.
    5. Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare.
    6. Plants Vs Zombies 2.
    7. Plants Vs Zombies.
    8. Team Fortress 2.
    9. Left 4 Dead 2.
    10. Jurassic World Evolution.
  • I haven't watched 10 movies that I've liked so I can't.