If you camp or tunnel
You’re not good. I’m rank 5 killer main too so don’t give me that salty survivor bs. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it 😄
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I call it the end result of the expected behavior Survivors have been creating for the past 2 years in regards to camping.
You're looking at a single data point instead of looking at the big picture. Otherwise, you wouldn't even be asking me this question.
Anything you killers do because of SWF makes it much harder for solo survivors like me to enjoy the game. I do not do anything toxic, nor do I promote or excuse toxic behavior. Your reasoning for someone camping me for NO reason by passing it off as "some survivors used to be toxic to them" is crap. Just because someone ruined a game for you does not give you permission to ruin my game because someone else pissed you off. Your "retaliation" is only going to make overall toxicity worse because you are just passing the toxicity along. End the cycle.
It's not retaliation.
Look at it this way: Killers know most Survivors repair generators, so they patrol generators looking for them, right? That's because repairing generators is the Survivors' expected behavior at the start of the trial.
By that same logic, for the past two years, the majority of Survivors have been swarming the hook (either noticeably or by just staying hidden around the hook) regardless of the Killer's presence. This means that the Survivors' expected behavior is to rush the hook immediately after the Killer manages to hook one of them. Thus, Killers camp, because they know Survivors will come to them and stop all generator progress more often than not.
TBH I got confused about which thread this was. I half-way thought this was the slugging thread (didn't comment on that in the first place, not sure why I thought I did). I guess I've been on the forums too long today. Got quite a bit of frustration that I unfortunately took out on you, and for that, I am sorry. Patrolling is fine, and is not camping if there is evidence of survivors being nearby. Quite frankly, hook swarming does more harm than good to the hooked survivor, because in most instances, they could be put in stuggle within 10 seconds of being hooked the first time.
@Orion Thank you for your calm response, and again, sorry for taking my frustration out on you. I try not to let it get to me, but sometimes it just does. I really wish people wouldn't be toxic in the first place, because their toxicity indirectly impacts the quality of game I play.
Gonna copy/paste this one from another thread :
"B... but the Killah can hurt us, and not otherwise ! :'o
He must be nice with us otherwise he is mean, MEAN :'( "
You're thinking about it the wrong way.
It's not "Camping" it's "Keeping you company until your friends come".
A killer who played against smart survivors. Shockingly!
Honestly, I didn't camp much, but after the huntress' nerf, I found myself camping as her. And honestly, with the changes they've made..camping can be fun, especially if the survivors get overly alturistic. I've taken a 1 kill at the end of the game camp to a 4 kill game because they were playing incredibly alturistic. (ok, the most recent one was 3k technically, but that's because I dropped the last one at the gate to crawl out :P
As altruistic as survivors are, particularly SWF groups, it makes a lot of sense to stay near a hook.
Of course, I’ll also “camp” (aka patrol a hook) if you:
Patrolling a hook or tunneling a survivor isn’t always about skill.
I actually agree with the op. As a survivor, games with tunneling/camping are usually the boring games.
The good games are against good killers, who got everyone hooked befor the first person dies. In such games, i don´t care if i die or not. A good balanced game.
As a killer, i usually camp and tunnel. Fist of, because i suck at chases, which is ok as a stealthy survivor, but no good option for a killer. Second, as soon as you hooked someone, they are coming all to the hook anyway, there is no reason to go somewhere else. Notice, plz. that i only "camp" for 20-30 seconds. If i havn´t seen a survivor around by this time, i leave the hook so search for them. But usually, by that time 2-3 are at the hook, so you just have to take your pick.
Tunneling often happens by accident to me. Since i suck at chases, i have to pick the easiest target. Tip: the guy who stands there and bait you to hit him usually isn´t it. So i chase the one running away closest to me. Thats quite often the injured one.
Its not a nice strategy, that’s for sure, but many killers don’t care how they do it, they just want to win.
Damn right... Im just used to play with friends or just with one random. But yeah, I just focus on objectives, theres nothing you can do when they dc at the 1st time they get down or hooked too x)
Thrilling and engaging.
"If you camp your bad, if you tunnel your bad, if you use DS your bad, if you use instant heal your bad" same crap every post on here. I may not like everything I mentioned above but its in the game, its not being removed anytime soon (if at all) so lets all suck it up like adults and accept this fact. I play to have fun, I play to win, I play to kill time and I'll do it using whatever tools are available and whatever mood I'm feeling.
I bought the game and won't have someone else tell me how I'm suppose to play. Follow what rules the community created or don't I don't care play how you want.
Secondly whatever strategy somebody uses is their own strategy if they find success with it then they could use it if they want.
If somebody can guarantee themselves with these strategies 4k at the very least a 3K and they have a higher success rate than you even then they're not exactly bad players
I'll do whatever the hell I feel like
Because its not bannable
And other players can't make me follow made up rules :chuffed:
Tunneling doesn't exist, it's playing the game intelligently. Camping is part of the game and backed up by the devs themselves. Don't want camping anyway? Then the game needs to be properly balanced.
Your opinion is not a fact.
Rank 5? Rank 1's easy to achieve in many ways other than tunneling, camping or your "skillful" ways.
Given the game is not balanced and will probably never be, I always play to give everyone a chance until someone exploits its mechanics, then it’s open field for retaliation
As for tunneling if there is a choice between a survivor who is on their last hook and a survivor on their first or second hook thr survivor on their last hook will be tunnelled.
Camping and Tunneling are strategies.
Yea now I'm convinced you're trolling. You get rank 5 accidentally by grinding BPs on any killer. It's not hard to get rank 5 and using that to put yourself on a pedestal as a sign of "I'm good I know what I'm talking about" just isn't a valid argument.
No, they're are those that camp poorly and others that camp with a little pizazz. I can understand being frustrated by some heavy handed camping but when done right it's an undeniably valid tactic. If you choose not to use the tools at your disposal, you are limiting your ways to win.
If you actually would do gens, then there would still be pallets left when the gates are powered
Actually its the coordinated groups that try to save each other. I noticed that most solo-survivors dont give a damn about their mates and are more willing to let them die than a SWF would do.
Camping is especially useful against SWF, thats my own experience
What rank is that lol
When I camp survivors, it's because they deserved it. EX: Body blocking other survivors from windows/pallets, ratting out other survivors, farming survivors before I have the chance to leave the hook, watching survivors die on hook, etc.
Basically if you're in a match with me and you're being a douche to the other survivors, you're getting camped. If you're going to ruin the game for others, you don't deserve a chance to do anything but die on the hook.
Now that kind of camping I give thumps up to.
Lol, don't waste your time with trolls @Lowbei! It has been confirmed by the devlopers that camping is a strat and this fog traveler is acting like it isn't! These are also the same people who want camping killers to get banned too just as a warning for future reference!