Bye bye iri head!

I cant wait for iri head to be gone, just had a game where I was facing a rank 1 P3 huntress who did the iri head/infantry belt combo with ruin/undying and brought the midwhich map offering. Got her first two kills before 5 gens were even done thanks to solo qeue. I cant wait for iri head to be gone because when its in the hands of really good huntress players then it can become really broken really fast, hell even if the huntress is mediocre they will still probably get a 3-4k. I know the huntress rework is(hopefully) removing the iri head in favor of something else, what do you think that new add-on will do?

Comments

  • Iri. Head should be reworked so it's like Deathslinger's Iri. Coin- make it an instadown if it hits a Survivor from far away (+24m? It can encourage going for Skilled Huntress). Buffs and addons like this are great for this- a powerful effect that requires a high amount of skill to pull off.

  • iri head need rework no a nerf to 24m instadown, need to be a real useffull addon. This game have serius problems with addons. Discrepancy between killers, rarity does not always make the addon better. case of pig demo, twins, etc. Some time iri or ultra rare make unbalance the add ons. the Dr. addons rework is a good example or a good job, iri add and are no op or a conbination of addons. Hope for a ir head = begrimed head + manna grass

  • @Trashmaster said:

    New iridescent head will give infinite hatchets instead, watch it happen. Gotta wonder what they'll be doing with the other iri add-on though

    Maybe the person hit with the new iri head will suffer from the broken status effect for a large amount of seconds

  • Just reading these comments is actually fun.

    However, let's be real here. If they are going to be changing the Iri heads of the hatchets. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if more Huntresses will start appearing just so everyone can use them and get rid of them before the changes happen. After it, they can collect new ones if they are worth it.

    As Huntress is one of my preferred option to play. Like having range and booping people from a distances. They need to treat the new ones if they are making a new style for Huntress. Like how Death Slinger is. Has to be so far away, or it will not down you. (Iridescent Coin: Death Slinger).

    Now, again if this is true and I haven't done one bit of research yet. If this is the case, I am going to be that jerk of a Huntress and waste my 100 Iri hatchets. Because, I didn't buy them not to use them. I like to use them randomly or when I am having a day with enough toxic survivors. So yes, it sucks for those who gets the Iri heads, but it's thanks to the community for annoying me enough to use them.

    As the best phrase I know. ######### rolls down hill. The survivors who get the Iri head, they are at bottom of the hill. XD

  • @C_Frank said:

    iri head need rework no a nerf to 24m instadown, need to be a real useffull addon. This game have serius problems with addons. Discrepancy between killers, rarity does not always make the addon better. case of pig demo, twins, etc. Some time iri or ultra rare make unbalance the add ons. the Dr. addons rework is a good example or a good job, iri add and are no op or a conbination of addons. Hope for a ir head = begrimed head + manna grass

    I honestly love the doctor now, compare to what he was like back before the rework. I finally made a sneaky doctor build... Ok didn't make it. Stole it from Monto on youtube xD

  • That's just sad. I don't play huntress but the iri hatchets are the only time I have fun against her.

  • Iri head is fine. The killer have only three hatches a good team can beat any Huntress with this addon combo unless it's a really good Huntress. But a really good Huntress will probably win anyway.

  • Instead of Reworking killers and pumping out trash DLC every 2 months they should start Reworking game mechanics, objectives and the basics in general.

  • I just had a game where huntress runs irid + infantry belt, stared at me while I was on the hook and the other survivors tried to get me down which I'm not surprise. If only they finally got rid of irid head chances of encountering a camping/tunneling huntress would tumble.

  • @XayahXRakanFTW said:

    I just had a game where huntress runs irid + infantry belt, stared at me while I was on the hook and the other survivors tried to get me down which I'm not surprise. If only they finally got rid of irid head chances of encountering a camping/tunneling huntress would tumble.

    Because no one would play her?

    Honestly, huntress is one of the worst killers to camp. There are far better alternatives.

  • It's rare combo because Killers doesn't really like when whole team dc at 5 gens.

    But it doesn't mean we don't need to change most problematic add-on.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    How that and the pinky finger have lasted so long I don’t know

    Well you see, they just need more data. It’s always data driven. See, compound 21 was nerfed in a week. But Iri head and pinky finger require a lot of special data that they’ve needed to gather to determine what exactly to do with them. (/sarcasm)

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850888#Comment_1850888

    "Never get insta downs with it"

    wrong. I run it for some games and got 2 on average, requested a build from Monto and he got 4 on stream, he recently released a "Snipe Slinger" video and got at least 2 each game I think... correct that it depends on the map, because not every map has enough 15m paths to get the shot, but you don't have to get 5+ insta downs from an addon to call it useful. There are only 12 insta downs possible at max

    There are 12 hooks possible. There are more than 12 insta downs possible, technically

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849878#Comment_1849878

    Well you see, they just need more data. It’s always data driven. See, compound 21 was nerfed in a week. But Iri head and pinky finger require a lot of special data that they’ve needed to gather to determine what exactly to do with them. (/sarcasm)

    I was truly amazed how fast they nerfed a really useful addon for a high skill ceiling killer.

    Almost like they didn't think killers would find it useful or something.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851454#Comment_1851454

    Huntress wasn´t release 4 1/2 years ago. She never was a problem until now.

    She was released 3.5 years ago and Iri Head was always a problem lol

  • @DBD78 said:

    Iri head is fine. The killer have only three hatches a good team can beat any Huntress with this addon combo unless it's a really good Huntress. But a really good Huntress will probably win anyway.

    “A good team can beat ANY huntress unless it’s a REALLY GOOD huntress BUT a really good huntress will probably win anyway”


    huh?

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851471#Comment_1851471

    She was released 3.5 years ago and Iri Head was always a problem lol

    Then where are all the threads that complain about her? Like, for example, the Undying Ruin threads or NOED threads that are everywhere.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852001#Comment_1852001

    “A good team can beat ANY huntress unless it’s a REALLY GOOD huntress BUT a really good huntress will probably win anyway”

    huh?

    He means that a really good huntress would still win, doesn´t matter if she uses the iri addon or not.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852612#Comment_1852612

    Then where are all the threads that complain about her? Like, for example, the Undying Ruin threads or NOED threads that are everywhere.

    1) You are welcome to use the search function

    2) you are welcome to read reddit

    3) you are welcome to hop on discord

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852613#Comment_1852613

    He means that a really good huntress would still win, doesn´t matter if she uses the iri addon or not.

    I don’t need a translator or for you to speak for someone else :)


    im pointing out the silliness of making such a statement. “A good team will beat anyone, unless the person they’re playing is really good” “the Chiefs will beat anyone unless they play Someone who plays bette than them”

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852615#Comment_1852615

    1) You are welcome to use the search function

    2) you are welcome to read reddit

    3) you are welcome to hop on discord

    4) you are welcome to adapt.

    I mean honestly. Years ago, survivors could adapt to Omniblink nurse. They developed a juking skill. They developed skill to avoid the hatchets.

    What happend since then?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852617#Comment_1852617

    4) you are welcome to adapt.

    I mean honestly. Years ago, survivors could adapt to Omniblink nurse. They developed a juking skill. They developed skill to avoid the hatchets.

    What happend since then?

    So a non argument basically. “It’s fair because you can outplay it, but only vs. a nurse who isn’t good, because if you outplay a nurse they’re bad. And if you can juke hatchets then the huntress is bad” isn’t that how these discussions go?

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852622#Comment_1852622

    So a non argument basically. “It’s fair because you can outplay it, but only vs. a nurse who isn’t good, because if you outplay a nurse they’re bad. And if you can juke hatchets then the huntress is bad” isn’t that how these discussions go?

    So your argument is what?

    My argument was, that survivors used to develop skill, adapt to killers and beat them.

  • @IronWill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1850868#Comment_1850868

    I guess you lack some kind of reading comprehension. She downed one, hooked and proxy camped. After one died: rinse repeat. Also yes, I run DS cause I solo queue and if there is no Obsession, guess what each and every killer would do.

    You posting a picture of yourself against a RANK EIGHT iri huntress (barely out green ranks) is hopefully supposed to be a joke. You want to compare the skills of a rank 8 killer with a rank 1 or 2? In your picture three out of 4 were red rank survivors, including you - looking at the perk similarities, I wouldn't even be surprised if you were SWF.

    Kindred is better then ds in solo queue trust me your team will be better with awareness which they will desperately need. I have won so many 3 v 1s and whupped tunneling killers with ease. There the most predictable and easiest. The secret is to block hits at key points and do gens separately none of this 3 person one gen ideocracy I see. There a strong chance that player is going to die but if the killer leaves that game with one kill maybe two it will send a message that the strat doesn't work. But if you have people suiciding well then the killer will continue. The ball is in the survivors court to give power to this playstyle relying on ds to fix this is unhealthy due to its many means of exploitation.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852536#Comment_1852536

    Because no one would play her?

    Honestly, huntress is one of the worst killers to camp. There are far better alternatives.

    That's your opinion I just happen to have way more games with camping or tunneling huntress' (when they do play huntress...) and every single one of them abuse the irid + infantry add on build.

  • @Kaiju said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851211#Comment_1851211

    "Please Devs, Nerf all killers Who cant be looped please, Spirit and Nurse are OP because I dont know how to play against''

    So can u please give me a consistent Spirit counterplay?

    That doesn't involve perks or guessing. Thank you

    Please devs nerf unfair perks like

    Dead hard that makes survivors get through a pallet drop in time

    Nerf DS because I can't tunnel and get stabbed for chasing and doing my target

    Get rid of flashlights because of flashlight saves it's not fair

    Please devs get rid of pallets because I'm tired of eating them all game

    Please nerf borrowed time because I suck and can't chase other survivors I have to tunnel off of the hook

    Oh and while you're at it Claudette is too dark I can't see her it's game breaking


    Now do you see how you sound it's really whiny so just get over it some things need a change don't like it go play Minecraft should be GGEZ for you 🙊

  • @Phasmamain said:

    How that and the pinky finger have lasted so long I don’t know

    Mate pinky finger absolutely is fine. You actually have to hit the survivor for I to work whereas the iri head it's dodgy.

  • @XayahXRakanFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852588#Comment_1852588

    That's your opinion I just happen to have way more games with camping or tunneling huntress' (when they do play huntress...) and every single one of them abuse the irid + infantry add on build.

    How is the huntress, a killer with a constant humming, that has a longer range than the heartbeat and can't be turned off with insidious. Better at camping than Bubba?!

  • @douggie123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849878#Comment_1849878

    Mate pinky finger absolutely is fine. You actually have to hit the survivor for I to work whereas the iri head it's dodgy.

    It’s pretty dirty once you get used to it. One bottle to slow one for direct hit. Pretty much perks instadown without downside

  • I hope they stop listening to entitled survivors.


    Those survivor queues are getting longer and longer. Especially the last few days it's been worst than ever.

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    I cant wait for iri head to be gone, just had a game where I was facing a rank 1 P3 huntress who did the iri head/infantry belt combo with ruin/undying and brought the midwhich map offering. Got her first two kills before 5 gens were even done thanks to solo qeue. I cant wait for iri head to be gone because when its in the hands of really good huntress players then it can become really broken really fast, hell even if the huntress is mediocre they will still probably get a 3-4k. I know the huntress rework is(hopefully) removing the iri head in favor of something else, what do you think that new add-on will do?

    She got her first two kills before all the 5 gens were done - and that is a problem?

    The entitlement is real, lol!

    From a Killers point of view in regards of time management, the first two kills should happen latest after 3 gens were done. If the Survivors are at 1 gen left and still 3 alife, you're done as Killer.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852616#Comment_1852616

    I don’t need a translator or for you to speak for someone else :)

    im pointing out the silliness of making such a statement. “A good team will beat anyone, unless the person they’re playing is really good” “the Chiefs will beat anyone unless they play Someone who plays bette than them”

    What is silly about it? A very good Huntress will win iri head or not. The rest of the Huntress player you can beat iri head or not = Iri head is no problem it does not change anything. You have stronger hatchets, but less of them and you lose both addon slots for it. So no reason to complain about iri heads that is the point I made.

  • This game could be so much better if they just go through everything players hate like keys and iri head and just ask one of the community figures for ideas on how to change them.

  • Are you going to provide some context? Was there a recent dev stream saying they are changing it?

    guess i'll go use them

    and Iri Head has a place, because all the little trolls run right up to Huntress to get in her deadzone.. so when they get instadowned for being idiotic, they whine. amusing

  • FFS can you all stop nerfing everything? It's ######### everything, just take all the perks away and all the add-ons and ######### have done with it. Actually no why not just need the whole game in one by taking it off the servers and peoples accounts, there need the ability to play the game.


    No it's not bad word, it's a needed word, this attitude is just bleeding the point of this game away and sanitising it to nothingness.

  • God forbid the killer actually have the power to make you take them seriously.


    Huntress will be gutted soon. You won't have to wait much longer.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852687#Comment_1852687

    How is the huntress, a killer with a constant humming, that has a longer range than the heartbeat and can't be turned off with insidious. Better at camping than Bubba?!

    I think you need to calm down and reread what I wrote cause I know I didn't say she was better at FACECAMPING matter of fact I didn't even say she was better at camping.

  • @KeiOrtem said:

    I cant wait for iri head to be gone, just had a game where I was facing a rank 1 P3 huntress who did the iri head/infantry belt combo with ruin/undying and brought the midwhich map offering. Got her first two kills before 5 gens were even done thanks to solo qeue. I cant wait for iri head to be gone because when its in the hands of really good huntress players then it can become really broken really fast, hell even if the huntress is mediocre they will still probably get a 3-4k. I know the huntress rework is(hopefully) removing the iri head in favor of something else, what do you think that new add-on will do?

    Try to play on the killer side -- it is so fun! One shot -- and survivor is DEAD. DEAD DEAD.

  • @XayahXRakanFTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1852760#Comment_1852760

    I think you need to calm down and reread what I wrote cause I know I didn't say she was better at FACECAMPING matter of fact I didn't even say she was better at camping.

    Are you sure? Because you definetly said camping and tunneling. And i never said facecamping. So... this is akward, isn´t it?

  • bye bye iri head, bye bye arc throw, bye bye useful add on, bye bye holding hatchet to mind game, bye bye a tier welcome to c tier.

    i wonder how much of what i just mock will be true

  • @Aldofer said:

    bye bye iri head, bye bye arc throw, bye bye useful add on, bye bye holding hatchet to mind game, bye bye a tier welcome to c tier.

    i wonder how much of what i just mock will be true

    It's all true though.

    I'll ask this, what perk, add-on or item has been strengthened in the past year?

  • @jzinsky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856592#Comment_1856592

    It's all true though.

    I'll ask this, what perk, add-on or item has been strengthened in the past year?

    idk it's all useless anyway since expect for killer the meta didn't change at all the las 4 year, only recently hardcore sfw has a person that has a chest build cau'z finding key is easy and it counter franklin, but unless that nada

  • Don't take my iri head plz ;-;

  • @RamblinRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1849878#Comment_1849878

    Pinky finger is 100x harder to pull off than the iri head and isn't an instadown

    Lies

  • @Trashmaster said:

    New iridescent head will give infinite hatchets instead, watch it happen. Gotta wonder what they'll be doing with the other iri add-on though

    I'd love that. Or just let them recharge like bubba's charges

1 2 ›