How to cancel charged blink on nurse?

...and is it considered an exploit?


Edit: due to a lot of missunderstandings, here comes the clip by @edgarpoop showing what I'm asking about

https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedConfidentPandaBudBlast


Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • You can't.

    You can only aim your blink towards the ground to shorten the blink distance

  • If it's 1st blink, aim to the ground.

    If it's the 2nd blink, hold it.

  • SupaAlf says to charge the second blink and swing just before fatigue. I really don't see how, either, since I can either charge a second blink OR swing, and when I don't charge the second blink and swing, I just go into the additional swing fatigue.

    Certainly it's an exploit, but I wouldn't mind at all if she stopped looking directly at the ground during fatigue, especially when it takes three whole seconds to recover one charge and an additional second for missed swings.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    You can't.

    You can only aim your blink towards the ground to shorten the blink distance

    You most definetely can and it's still in the game.

  • @VikingWilson said:

    SupaAlf says to charge the second blink and swing just before fatigue. I really don't see how, either, since I can either charge a second blink OR swing, and when I don't charge the second blink and swing, I just go into the additional swing fatigue.

    Certainly it's an exploit, but I wouldn't mind at all if she stopped looking directly at the ground during fatigue, especially when it takes three whole seconds to recover one charge and an additional second for missed swings.

    I tried what he's saying and failed 100% of my attempts so far :D

  • @derppug said:

    If it's 1st blink, aim to the ground.

    If it's the 2nd blink, hold it.

    I don't quite understand what you mean.

  • you should be able to cancel blinks, charging a blink as your blinking to a survivor and you end up on top of the survivor is SO punishing since it is so hard to reblink onto them and hit them.

    It's also dumb how a survivor can just walk up to you as your charging a blink like you should be able to just stop charging a blink by lunging out of it.

  • Never heard of that and if it's really possible then it's obviously not intended just like the fatigue cancel or the ability to look up while being in the fatigue

  • Blinking at the ground in front of you does shorten the distance travelled. But the time it takes to travel is fixed as a function of how long you've been holding the blink before letting go. So once it's fully charged you're committed to a full-duration blink.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    you should be able to cancel blinks, charging a blink as your blinking to a survivor and you end up on top of the survivor is SO punishing since it is so hard to reblink onto them and hit them.

    It's also dumb how a survivor can just walk up to you as your charging a blink like you should be able to just stop charging a blink by lunging out of it.

    If Nurse could cancel blinks, they’d have to nerf her again. The inability to cancel blinks is an intentional downside so Survivors have something to work around.

    If you’re a skilled Nurse though, you can aim at the ground to shorten the blink then use your second blink to hit the Survivor.

  • @Almo said:

    Blinking at the ground in front of you does shorten the distance travelled. But the time it takes to travel is fixed as a function of how long you've been holding the blink before letting go. So once it's fully charged you're committed to a full-duration blink.

    I mean an actual cancel of the blink allowing you to M1 instead of using an already charged blink

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni, @Almo

    Best footage of blink cancellation I found (disregard the russian title, just refer to the video itself):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-OwUdwTAI&ab_channel=Feromon


    On average I encounter 1 player who can consistently pull it off per 1k hrs of playtime, and it is mostly used on the 2nd blink as a counter to double back. Since I'm currently working on my nurse skills (that are rather pathetic as of now), I'd like to learn this stuff as well.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838023#Comment_1838023

    I mean an actual cancel of the blink allowing you to M1 instead of using an already charged blink

    @OniWantsYourMacaroni, @Almo

    Best footage of blink cancellation I found (disregard the russian title, just refer to the video itself):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd-OwUdwTAI&ab_channel=Feromon

    On average I encounter 1 player who can consistently pull it off per 1k hrs of playtime, and it is mostly used on the 2nd blink as a counter to double back. Since I'm currently working on my nurse skills (that are rather pathetic as of now), I'd like to learn this stuff as well.

    That looks reaaally weird.

    But that's an exploit right there honestly.

  • It is a bug to cancel the fatigue. All the same, her blinks could use a reduction of 0.2 seconds per fatigue (0.2 one blink, 0.4 two blinks, 0.4 one blink with missed hit, 0.6 two blinks with missed hit). Her base blink recovery is painful. Given her low kill rate and low usage rate, I don't think it's out of the cards to reduce her fatigues just a little.

  • You charge a second blink and swing while holding the charge button on the frame that her head starts to bob for fatigue. You press M1 while holding M2. Not sure how many frames in the animation you have to do it. It's a really tight window.

    I've hit people with it during 1v1 practices. Usually salt-inducing. It's actually a very useful thing to practice if you're trying to go from average to good on Nurse. It makes double back moves very dangerous for survivors.

  • "Aim at the ground"

    *flies into the basement*

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ElatedConfidentPandaBudBlast

    Here's a clip of what OP is talking about

    That's an exploit that I hope gets fixed soon

  • @ChiTenshi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837887#Comment_1837887

    If Nurse could cancel blinks, they’d have to nerf her again. The inability to cancel blinks is an intentional downside so Survivors have something to work around.

    If you’re a skilled Nurse though, you can aim at the ground to shorten the blink then use your second blink to hit the Survivor.

    She actually can. SupaAlf abuses this bug a ton, and it makes playing vs her unplayable.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838037#Comment_1838037

    She actually can. SupaAlf abuses this bug a ton, and it makes playing vs her unplayable.

    Ah yes he's one of the "best nurses around" that got that huge streak of 4ks with undying/ruin/corrupt/bbq and cd addons. Such a god nurse, imagine not 4king with that build :^^^)

  • Question is:

    • How this killer is still in the game ...

    Don't get me wrong i LOVE versing Nurse it's fun ! At same time is broken af.

    Watching a good Nurse ending game quickly is disgusting.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838325#Comment_1838325

    Ah yes he's one of the "best nurses around" that got that huge streak of 4ks with undying/ruin/corrupt/bbq and cd addons. Such a god nurse, imagine not 4king with that build :^^^)

    That build is trash tbh..corrupt just makes ruin undying weaker

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838325#Comment_1838325

    Ah yes he's one of the "best nurses around" that got that huge streak of 4ks with undying/ruin/corrupt/bbq and cd addons. Such a god nurse, imagine not 4king with that build :^^^)

    I mean he is a strong killer player, for definite. Played against a few times, and he doesn't need to be playing OP stuff on Nurse to win, nor does he need to run Stridor on his Spirit. (albeit these two killers are grossly strong)


    The stretched res so he doesn't need shadowborn is annoying too, but it's whatever, The devs need to make it so a change in resolution doesn't affect FOV.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838354#Comment_1838354

    I mean he is a strong killer player, for definite. Played against a few times, and he doesn't need to be playing OP stuff on Nurse to win, nor does he need to run Stridor on his Spirit. (albeit these two killers are grossly strong)

    The stretched res so he doesn't need shadowborn is annoying too, but it's whatever, The devs need to make it so a change in resolution doesn't affect FOV.

    He can be as good as he wants, I strongly believe that a kill streak by running the strongest stuff on the strongest killer on a game played mostly by casual players is NOT an achievement, and actually something to frown upon (other than the fact that pls, one must be playing with his feet not to 4k with that build, even in maps like lerys, so it's really nothing special)

    Also didn't know about the stretched res. YIKES.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    "Aim at the ground"

    *flies into the basement*

    Yeah...especially on Temple of Purgatory or whatever. ######### is cancer.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838373#Comment_1838373

    He can be as good as he wants, I strongly believe that a kill streak by running the strongest stuff on the strongest killer on a game played mostly by casual players is NOT an achievement, and actually something to frown upon (other than the fact that pls, one must be playing with his feet not to 4k with that build, even in maps like lerys, so it's really nothing special)

    Also didn't know about the stretched res. YIKES.

    What's wrong with stretched res? Hes playing like 1600 x 1080 which gives no advantages. Even with the extra fov.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838354#Comment_1838354

    That build is trash tbh..corrupt just makes ruin undying weaker

    It's a tournament build, tried and tested beyond our speculation. Of course, they wouldn't use BBQ and replace it with something like surveillance or other stuff. But it's the strongest build in the game.

    @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838373#Comment_1838373

    He can be as good as he wants, I strongly believe that a kill streak by running the strongest stuff on the strongest killer on a game played mostly by casual players is NOT an achievement, and actually something to frown upon (other than the fact that pls, one must be playing with his feet not to 4k with that build, even in maps like lerys, so it's really nothing special)

    Also didn't know about the stretched res. YIKES.

    I mean, I caught a stream during that win streak. He was mostly slugging everyone, then camp the one with the most bleeding timer left and picking them up as soon as the others bled out, in order to deny hatch. I don't think I've ever seen content more sad than that. Even Insidious Bubba can be funny for the jumpscare, at least the first couple of times. I don't understand the appeal of watching someone with thousands of hours stand on a corpse for 4 minutes game after game to get a meaningless streak when using the strongest stuff in the game against the average potatoes.

  • Man nurse seems to grow more and more buggy by the second.

    However Nurse was the killer in like 60% of my games today, and 4k'd in every single one of them. Nurse has always been that "well you have to MASTER them first, so sure there is no real counterplay but you have to get that good as them" and it was fine...problem is....game has been around for a LONG time, so now there are a LOT of people that have her mastered.

    I wonder how this is going to affects stats in the future....

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838370#Comment_1838370

    It's a tournament build, tried and tested beyond our speculation. Of course, they wouldn't use BBQ and replace it with something like surveillance or other stuff. But it's the strongest build in the game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838395#Comment_1838395

    I mean, I caught a stream during that win streak. He was mostly slugging everyone, then camp the one with the most bleeding timer left and picking them up as soon as the others bled out, in order to deny hatch. I don't think I've ever seen content more sad than that. Even Insidious Bubba can be funny for the jumpscare, at least the first couple of times. I don't understand the appeal of watching someone with thousands of hours stand on a corpse for 4 minutes game after game to get a meaningless streak when using the strongest stuff in the game against the average potatoes.

    Yeah, i know, that's another reason why I believe he really did nothing special

    @azame honestly if it gives no advantages why not play with normal screen res then?

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838834#Comment_1838834

    Yeah, i know, that's another reason why I believe he really did nothing special

    @azame honestly if it gives no advantages why not play with normal screen res then?

    Because people prefer the way it looks? Camera and player movement also feels different on stretched res.

    I also can't really blame people for doing it for the better FOV. Because the default view is still atrocious and BHVR refuse to add FOV sliders of any kind to the game.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838834#Comment_1838834

    Yeah, i know, that's another reason why I believe he really did nothing special

    @azame honestly if it gives no advantages why not play with normal screen res then?

    Because stretched looks better atleast in my opinion. Alot of people try to say it looks ugly or bad but that is only subjective.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838892#Comment_1838892

    Because stretched looks better atleast in my opinion. Alot of people try to say it looks ugly or bad but that is only subjective.

    + @ALostPuppy

    Fair enough I guess

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    You can't.

    You can only aim your blink towards the ground to shorten the blink distance

    To add to this,

    Beware maps that have multiple floors such as The Game, Stanger Things map, and basements. If you blink downwards and the basement or the bottom floor is beneath you, YOU WILL BLINK TO THE BOTTOM LEVEL!

  • Also nurse is bugged to receive shadow born 2 on her so I mean.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837854#Comment_1837854

    To add to this,

    Beware maps that have multiple floors such as The Game, Stanger Things map, and basements. If you blink downwards and the basement or the bottom floor is beneath you, YOU WILL BLINK TO THE BOTTOM LEVEL!

    Dude...

    Pay attention to the thread title.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You charge a second blink and swing while holding the charge button on the frame that her head starts to bob for fatigue. You press M1 while holding M2. Not sure how many frames in the animation you have to do it. It's a really tight window.

    I've hit people with it during 1v1 practices. Usually salt-inducing. It's actually a very useful thing to practice if you're trying to go from average to good on Nurse. It makes double back moves very dangerous for survivors.

    I play nurse on console and pc and I've found charging for just a moment then spamming m1 gets me the cancel more consistently. Idk why but I've been doing it if I have to guess about 80% of the time. I use it in situations where I need pressure. The time you save by doing it is crazy.

  • @HR_Helios said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838302#Comment_1838302

    I play nurse on console and pc and I've found charging for just a moment then spamming m1 gets me the cancel more consistently. Idk why but I've been doing it if I have to guess about 80% of the time. I use it in situations where I need pressure. The time you save by doing it is crazy.

    This way it only helps with fatigue cancellation/blink cancellation itself, and doesn't quite counter double backs on your 2nd blink charge, right? If I understood you correctly, time gap in this case is too short to adjust your decision basing on survivors movement, as well as for survivor to come close enough to you for the hit to connect.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1839731#Comment_1839731

    This way it only helps with fatigue cancellation/blink cancellation itself, and doesn't quite counter double backs on your 2nd blink charge, right? If I understood you correctly, time gap in this case is too short to adjust your decision basing on survivors movement, as well as for survivor to come close enough to you for the hit to connect.

    Correct. I have hit survivors with it. Mostly on windows by body blocking then fatigue cancelling before they have realized I've blocked the window. It's a niche situation that rarely happens but I mainly use it to save time between chases. For instance, I downed a survivor then see another out of the corner of my eye running away from the loop. I long blink in there general location to get LOS then I see I'm just out of lunge range. I fatigue cancel causing the survivor to path inefficiently cause they think I'm gonna blink or double back. Because of the cancel I get a free hit because they expected a fatigue that I didn't have.

  • @HR_Helios said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1839739#Comment_1839739

    Correct. I have hit survivors with it. Mostly on windows by body blocking then fatigue cancelling before they have realized I've blocked the window. It's a niche situation that rarely happens but I mainly use it to save time between chases. For instance, I downed a survivor then see another out of the corner of my eye running away from the loop. I long blink in there general location to get LOS then I see I'm just out of lunge range. I fatigue cancel causing the survivor to path inefficiently cause they think I'm gonna blink or double back. Because of the cancel I get a free hit because they expected a fatigue that I didn't have.

    makes sense to me

  • @HR_Helios said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838302#Comment_1838302

    I play nurse on console and pc and I've found charging for just a moment then spamming m1 gets me the cancel more consistently. Idk why but I've been doing it if I have to guess about 80% of the time. I use it in situations where I need pressure. The time you save by doing it is crazy.

    I think it's somewhat ping related too. I can time it pretty reliably with single clicks during normal server load. Not really sure what the mechanism of action behind it is. It just works for some reason

  • I still say Nurse's base blink recharge needs to be slightly reduced; it's painful as it is. Take them down by 0.2 second each (0.2 seconds one blink, 0.4 seconds one blink with missed swing fatigue, 0.4 seconds two blinks, 0.6 seconds two blinks with missed swing fatigue). Something in that area.

    She has the lowest selection and kill rate of the killers, I don't think a slight reduction in her fatigues would be out of the cards.