Anyone facing AFK Wraith who makes everyone -1?

I got this twice in two days.

The Wraith jusk cloak and AFK, which made us no medal of Evader, resulting in -1.


Anyone facing this? And how to get rid of this?

Comments

  • Just some depipping coward too afraid to face their own ranks.

    Don't worry, he will run into the same kinds of people doing their smurfing swf thing when he gets where he wants to be.

  • Try find a flashlight in a chest, look for the wraith and shame him!

  • @Pepsidot said:

    Try find a flashlight in a chest, look for the wraith and shame him!

    How would you even find him. As far as I know, Wraith is completely invisible when he is not moving, isn’t he?

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825909#Comment_1825909

    How would you even find him. As far as I know, Wraith is completely invisible when he is not moving, isn’t he?

    He still makes his breathing sound. And if you collide with something invisible, it's probably him. Spine Chill helps to locate him, too.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825909#Comment_1825909

    How would you even find him. As far as I know, Wraith is completely invisible when he is not moving, isn’t he?

    *laughs in OoO*

  • @Xzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825920#Comment_1825920

    He still makes his breathing sound. And if you collide with something invisible, it's probably him. Spine Chill helps to locate him, too.

    Oh yeah, the breathing! Didn’t think of that.. just thought that the footsteps wouldn’t be there when he is not moving as well

    i knew about spine chill, but last time I used it I got dependent on it so I will not use it especially not for such a rare occurence

  • Wait, OoO wouldn’t reveal the aura while cloaked?? Right??

  • You can report them. If they do it often enough they'll get banned eventually. Keyword: eventually.

    For the depip, there's not much you can do. The best advice is to stop caring about pips in general.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825923#Comment_1825923

    Wait, OoO wouldn’t reveal the aura while cloaked?? Right??

    No but you can look around and narrow them down easily and then hear them when they're close enough then when you bump into something that isn't there yohve won >:)

  • If you're afk why cloaked wraith? If you're afk you'll de pip anyway.


    This is a by-product of the astronomically bad match making.

  • @BlindMole said:

    If you're afk why cloaked wraith? If you're afk you'll de pip anyway.

    This is a by-product of the astronomically bad match making.

    Being an AFK cloaked Wraith robs the survivors of chase points so that might be why. At least, that's the only reason I can think of.

  • Easiest way is to treasure hunt for a Flashlight then hunt for the Wraith. He may be invisible but you can still hear him breathing. Shine that beam on him and boom, he's now giving you free chase points so you're hopefully guaranteed a safety pip.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    Try find a flashlight in a chest, look for the wraith and shame him!

    I had this happen recently. I found a flashlight and my teammate found the wraith with premonition. I revealed him with the flashlight and then we just ran around him to get enough points to safety pip. 😂

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825909#Comment_1825909

    I had this happen recently. I found a flashlight and my teammate found the wraith with premonition. I revealed him with the flashlight and then we just ran around him to get enough points to safety pip. 😂

    Same thing happened to me except the Wraith got mad that we lightburned him, started chasing us and ended up killing everyone. It was actually a fun game though; way more fun than an afk killer, lmao.

  • Can you even depip? I remember a year ago that was the case but the last time I faced an AFK wraith(Like this month) I got out and got a safety pip.

  • Yes i'v faced 2.

    They want to depip to match against easier surivors but they won't get any better at the game doing this.

    And yes everyone depip -1 ...

  • One time before they added the window upstairs in Thompson house we had a cheeky afk wraith that trapped 2 survivors at the top of the stairwell. We couldn't do anything for them and the Entity ate them. The survivors laughed about it though so it's alright.

  • @Pepsidot said:

    Try find a flashlight in a chest, look for the wraith and shame him!

    Most of them decide to cloak and hide in a corner so you can't even do that.

  • If it's a wraith or any killer facing a wall, I report them every time. Do console players even have an option to report?

  • Red ranks are boring and it is to hard to depip naturally since the black pip just requires you to move most of the time.

    Depipping is pointless though since ranks have essentially been removed and the game throws anyone against any available killer since there is a shortage of them.

  • @steezo_de said:

    If it's a wraith or any killer facing a wall, I report them every time. Do console players even have an option to report?

    Yes, console players have a report button, but it's basically useless.

  • Just do gens & totems. You should at least get a black pip.

    Because you get 2 iridiscent emblems.

  • pips don't really matter anymore as matchmaking seems to be just whoever is on you're put with. I'd assume they do it just to grind the rift/shards easily.

  • @Clevite said:

    Just some depipping coward too afraid to face their own ranks.

    Don't worry, he will run into the same kinds of people doing their smurfing swf thing when he gets where he wants to be.


    Used to be, I could De-pip/De-rank to the more comfortable ranks playing killer as long as I had my Mori's. I could 3k the survivors after 1 hook each, and let the 4th get the hatch, and at red ranks that was frowned upon and rewarded with a de-pip. Say what you want, but at least by playing this way I earned decent BP and by de-pipping, gained what i was truly after: the fun ranks of DbD. I'm not talking "fun" as in "easy", I'm talking "fun" in that its no longer a sweaty slog-fest against team after team of DbD's most competitive players and SWF groups. Alas... those days are over now that mori's always guarantee a black pip at the minimum.

    So, unlike the Pussy tactics described by OP, and without resorting to truly Pathetic and Cowardly DC'ing, I've taken it upon myself to embrace the losing/meme builds and have fun with trying to beat survivors with them, until I de-pip to where I want to be. I'm talking "Burger King Myers", "3 Iri-Hatchet Limit Huntress", "1 Blink Nurse". "No insta down Bubba/Billy", "Scrapped Tape/Sniper Doc" and my favorite so far "Stereotypical Gamer Blight". These builds up the ante on the difficulty for the killers, and are fun as hell to play. They reward decent BP while have little success, and every game actually won with them feels well earned.

    I take umbrage to your comment that killers like me are "depipping Cowards too afraid to face their own ranks." and ask you... If you play at the top ranks of this game, do you actually never feel frustrated or burned out by it?

    As for Killer mains Like myself, Use these builds, have fun, and only get serious when you feel comfortable. This is a game, and you still have control over how and when you rank up.

  • @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825901#Comment_1825901

    Used to be, I could De-pip/De-rank to the more comfortable ranks playing killer as long as I had my Mori's. I could 3k the survivors after 1 hook each, and let the 4th get the hatch, and at red ranks that was frowned upon and rewarded with a de-pip. Say what you want, but at least by playing this way I earned decent BP and by de-pipping, gained what i was truly after: the fun ranks of DbD. I'm not talking "fun" as in "easy", I'm talking "fun" in that its no longer a sweaty slog-fest against team after team of DbD's most competitive players and SWF groups. Alas... those days are over now that mori's always guarantee a black pip at the minimum.

    So, unlike the Pussy tactics described by OP, and without resorting to truly Pathetic and Cowardly DC'ing, I've taken it upon myself to embrace the losing/meme builds and have fun with trying to beat survivors with them, until I de-pip to where I want to be. I'm talking "Burger King Myers", "3 Iri-Hatchet Limit Huntress", "1 Blink Nurse". "No insta down Bubba/Billy", "Scrapped Tape/Sniper Doc" and my favorite so far "Stereotypical Gamer Blight". These builds up the ante on the difficulty for the killers, and are fun as hell to play. They reward decent BP while have little success, and every game actually won with them feels well earned.

    I take umbrage to your comment that killers like me are "depipping Cowards too afraid to face their own ranks." and ask you... If you play at the top ranks of this game, do you actually never feel frustrated or burned out by it?

    As for Killer mains Like myself, Use these builds, have fun, and only get serious when you feel comfortable. This is a game, and you still have control over how and when you rank up.

    i've literally tried most of these at red ranks and still safety pipped consistently. i don't know if i'm just getting super bad survivors or not but 90% of the survivors i go against as killer in red ranks aren't exactly hard to kill.

  • I had the same afk wraith twice in a row -.- stuck on a flashlight and spine chill after that just in case. When they buff him I hope they also add some mechanic to boot him out of cloak if he just stands around doing nothing.

    @TWiXT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1825901#Comment_1825901

    Used to be, I could De-pip/De-rank to the more comfortable ranks playing killer as long as I had my Mori's. I could 3k the survivors after 1 hook each, and let the 4th get the hatch, and at red ranks that was frowned upon and rewarded with a de-pip. Say what you want, but at least by playing this way I earned decent BP and by de-pipping, gained what i was truly after: the fun ranks of DbD. I'm not talking "fun" as in "easy", I'm talking "fun" in that its no longer a sweaty slog-fest against team after team of DbD's most competitive players and SWF groups. Alas... those days are over now that mori's always guarantee a black pip at the minimum.

    So, unlike the Pussy tactics described by OP, and without resorting to truly Pathetic and Cowardly DC'ing, I've taken it upon myself to embrace the losing/meme builds and have fun with trying to beat survivors with them, until I de-pip to where I want to be. I'm talking "Burger King Myers", "3 Iri-Hatchet Limit Huntress", "1 Blink Nurse". "No insta down Bubba/Billy", "Scrapped Tape/Sniper Doc" and my favorite so far "Stereotypical Gamer Blight". These builds up the ante on the difficulty for the killers, and are fun as hell to play. They reward decent BP while have little success, and every game actually won with them feels well earned.

    I take umbrage to your comment that killers like me are "depipping Cowards too afraid to face their own ranks." and ask you... If you play at the top ranks of this game, do you actually never feel frustrated or burned out by it?

    As for Killer mains Like myself, Use these builds, have fun, and only get serious when you feel comfortable. This is a game, and you still have control over how and when you rank up.

    My old method for depipping for adepts was no perks no addons pre-rework bubba with haddonfield offerings

  • @Eleghost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1827520#Comment_1827520

    i've literally tried most of these at red ranks and still safety pipped consistently. i don't know if i'm just getting super bad survivors or not but 90% of the survivors i go against as killer in red ranks aren't exactly hard to kill.

    Damn man... you even win with "Stereotypical Gamer Blight" and "Burger King Myers"...? Wow... you belong in red ranks then. Those builds are meant to hinder the killer to the point that they are practically easy mode for survivors. If you are winning with them, then only 2 conclusions can be made: Either you are a crazy good killer, or the Survivors you face on the regular, at the most competitive rank, are total ######### at playing this game. I'm actually betting the former here, because no matter how good you are at killer, against the top brass ranks, you simply can't win against them with that many nerfs to yourself.

    To explain:

    Burger King Myers-

    Judith's Tombstone + Scratched Mirror. Basically you move much slower than the survivors, and Habe to rely entirely on Scratched Mirror's aura reading in order to get hits.

    Stereotypical Gamer Blight-

    Adrenaline Vile + Placebo Tablet. Think about the media's concept of the stereotypical gamer... they are Overweight, eating junk food, likely neck-bearded, and hooked on energy drinks... That's what these 2 add-ons do! They give Blight a boost in token regeneration, but give him almost no control over his turn rate, and half his movement speed while using his power.

    If you can successfully win/safety pip, at the red ranks, on the regular, with builds like this... IMO... you belong there.