Reporting Racism does nothing (Report with screenshots called not enough info)

I submitted a ticket with someone saying racist and other terrible things. I get email back saying this was not enough info. Look at this crap the person said, and how is that NOT enough info?

I'm 460 hours into this game and I may quit over this.


image.png


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • People like that should just be instantly banned. Absolutely horrible.

    There is 0 reason to have words like that be typed into a post-game lobby. I really hope they have something that automatically bans people who type that. 0 tolerance policy for that.

  • racist bubba gaming, jesus christ lol


    Looks like they do want to get banned and reactions. They'll probably get banned in many games, including this one, given their goal is clearly to troll with this account.

  • You should edit out the name or the thread is going to get closed.

    Did you include the SteamID64 in the ticket? Did they say exactly what info is missing?

  • I'd say the steam ID was missing, making it hard to find the actual person.

    He got 4k....what was his issue!!!

  • @Madjura said:

    You should edit out the name or the thread is going to get closed.

    Did you include the SteamID64 in the ticket? Did they say exactly what info is missing?

    I have removed the racist players name to protect the racist homophonic human being because we need to keep those people safe I suppose.

  • Also I have never reported a person like this before. Luckily I don't see this type of person often.. I assume this company has chat logs and due to time of day I submitted the ticket, they could put 2+2 together with 5 minutes of effort.

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799622#Comment_1799622

    I have removed the racist players name to protect the racist homophonic human being because we need to keep those people safe I suppose.

    Yeah, I'm right there with you. I'm not sure why we have to protect the identity of creeps either, but those are the rules here.

  • So you are ok people can be racist/homophonic in game and they company does not care? That is the brave stance you are taking! good to know

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799656#Comment_1799656

    So you are ok people can be racist/homophonic in game and they company does not care? That is the brave stance you are taking! good to know

    Kid if you’re going to whine and “not play” an online game because of that then maybe you shouldn’t be playing online games in general. Maybe just stick to offline single player games.

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799679#Comment_1799679

    Kid if you’re going to whine and “not play” an online game because of that then maybe you shouldn’t be playing online games in general. Maybe just stick to offline single player games.

    What an ignorant, piece of ######### world view you have. There's a difference between whining about a facecamper, and literal racism and homophobia over a video game.

  • Unfortunately, This happens at some point in any online game, not just DBD. You'll find meatheads everywhere, probably not something to quit the game over (I've never run into this is DBD...yet).

    All you can do is report them and give as much info in that report as possible. It easier on console as changing gamer-tags isnt as easy. Steam however, you have to make sure you are banning the right account.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799699#Comment_1799699

    What an ignorant, piece of ######### world view you have. There's a difference between whining about a facecamper, and literal racism and homophobia over a video game . What a toxic human being you are.

    “I’m 460 hours into this game and I may just quit over this”

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799702#Comment_1799702

    “I’m 460 hours into this game and I may just quit over this”

    While that is an overreaction to quit, this kind of behavior is in every game, you can't just say "It's an online game, get over it lol". You are actively just saying that kind of behavior is okay because it's over the internet. People should get banned for that type of #########.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799708#Comment_1799708

    While that is an overreaction to quit, this kind of behavior is in every game, you can't just say "It's an online game, get over it lol". You are actively just saying that kind of behavior is okay because it's over the internet. People should get banned for that type of #########.

    i never said people shouldn’t get banned for it.

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799728#Comment_1799728

    i never said people shouldn’t get banned for it.

    Fair enough, you didn't. But you still can't just say "That happens in every game, don't play if you don't like it." At best, it does nothing further the discussion and at worst it's excusing that type of behavior because "it's the internet". Yeah, the internet is a pretty ######### place sometimes - doesn't mean we should just accept it in every corner of the internet.

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799702#Comment_1799702

    “I’m 460 hours into this game and I may just quit over this”

    That is your take away. Not that the company doesn't care to do anything about it. That is the point. I was unaware of their stance and there other ways to spend our time.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799759#Comment_1799759

    Fair enough, you didn't. But you still can't just say "That happens in every game, don't play if you don't like it." At best, it does nothing further the discussion and at worst it's excusing that type of behavior because "it's the internet". Yeah, the internet is a pretty ######### place sometimes - doesn't mean we should just accept it in every corner of the internet.

    I also never said to get over it, I simply was stating that if OP was truly going to quit a game because he doesn’t like words that a player said and the devs didn’t do anything about it then maybe he should stick to offline single player games. Where he doesn’t have to deal with other people saying things he doesn’t like. If he’s overreacting that much about it then maybe he shouldn’t be in a place that’s prone to have it. Online gaming.

    so then I’m I supposed to accept the fact that you called me “ignorant” or am I supposed to get you banned from this forum?

  • @zackdaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799766#Comment_1799766

    I also never said to get over it, I simply was stating that if OP was truly going to quit a game because he doesn’t like words that a player said and the devs didn’t do anything about it then maybe he should stick to offline single player games. Where he doesn’t have to deal with other people saying things he doesn’t like. If he’s overreacting that much about it then maybe he shouldn’t be in a place that’s prone to have it. Online gaming.

    so then I’m I supposed to accept the fact that you called me “ignorant” or am I supposed to get you banned from this forum?

    Kid if you’re going to whine and “not play” an online game because of that then maybe you shouldn’t be playing online games in general.

    That seems like you saying "get over it" but if I misconstrued, that's on me. That doesn't change the fact that you added nothing other then saying "If you don't like it, don't play". It's just my personal belief that we shouldn't try to gloss over people acting like this because it's over an online game.

    And if you want to, go ahead. I've never been banned or jailed before, so the most it will do is just jail me.

  • The fact that you're posting the picture of the homophobic and racist words kinda makes me think you don't truly care. Some 1 posting the words vs some1 posting a picture of the words isn't much different imo.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1799832#Comment_1799832

    Kid if you’re going to whine and “not play” an online game because of that then maybe you shouldn’t be playing online games in general.

    That seems like you saying "get over it" but if I misconstrued, that's on me. That doesn't change the fact that you added nothing other then saying "If you don't like it, don't play". It's just my personal belief that we shouldn't try to gloss over people acting like this because it's over an online game.

    And if you want to, go ahead. I've never been banned or jailed before, so the most it will do is just jail me.

    He didn't literally say "get over it".

    But he definitely said "get over it".

  • @Terro said:

    The fact that you're posting the picture of the homophobic and racist words kinda makes me think you don't truly care. Some 1 posting the words vs some1 posting a picture of the words isn't much different imo.

    What kind of ######### up logic is that? He's posting the picture to spread awareness of what goes on in the end-game chat, how he reported them for racism and homophobia and how it was left unpunished.

  • I'm gonna be that guy who says: who cares? You are aware you can turn chat off entirely right? Is this guy a clown for being racist? Yes. Is being a racist clown really that big of a deal? No, no it's not. This is the internet my dude, grow some thicker skin, it will do you wonders. Wanting this guy to be banned for being racist is just self satisfaction and by nature selfish and unhealthy, move on my dude it's not the end of the world.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    I'm gonna be that guy who says: who cares? You are aware you can turn chat off entirely right? Is this guy a clown for being racist? Yes. Is being a racist clown really that big of a deal? No, no it's not. This is the internet my dude, grow some thicker skin, it will do you wonders.

    Is being a racist clown really that big of a deal? No, no it's not.

    Yes, it is.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800292#Comment_1800292

    Is being a racist clown really that big of a deal? No, no it's not.

    Yes, it is.

    I can think of 50 things off the top of my head that are far more vile than just hating someone because of X reason.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800293#Comment_1800293

    I can think of 50 things off the top of my head that are far more vile than just hating someone because of X reason.

    You're acting like racism and homophobia are plain insults, they're not, and I'll be damned if you don't know or are forgetting the history behind certain words like the F or N word.

  • Holy ######### I have seen hormonal 13 year olds being more respectful than this.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800294#Comment_1800294

    You're acting like racism and homophobia are plain insults, they're not, and I'll be damned if you don't know or are forgetting the history behind certain words like the F or N word.

    I'm saying that your attitude towards these things are what give them power to begin with. The fact that you react like this and it bothers you so much that some random guy you never met and likely will never met said something like this. Make no mistake, I'm not justifying the idiot who said those things, I'm just saying that if you let it bother you then you give his words power and ultimately you end up fueling the very thing you want to end. You don't have to agree with me, I'm pretty sure nothing I say will convince you to change your perspective, I'm just laying out the truth because it never changes and hoping one day you do figure it out. It's not different than someone insulting a nerd for being a nerd, the sooner the nerd stops letting it bother him the sooner people will get bored of trying to attack him with it, and for the record I am speaking from experience not hypothetical virtual signaling.

  • I reported cheaters with video proof them cheating in various ways and they still don't have a fresh vac or game ban just the same old as usual... It's like they don't care report is just for show apparently

  • I'm not sure what kind of info you sent to support for the report, but for verbal abuse and slurs it's not required to submit a ticket, please refer to this thread if you need more information:

    @not_Queen said:

    Please remember that Dead by Daylight’s end user license agreement which can be found on https://deadbydaylight.com/en/eula (the “EULA”) governs your participation and use of the game and its associated upgrades, patches, and updates and related services. In case of conflict between the EULA and this page, the EULA will prevail.

    Hello, good people of the fog!

    We now have a team Associate Community Managers, as well as an updated in-game report system.
    With your help, we will be able to find the players who are creating a bad game experience and punish them appropriately, making the game a better place.

    HOW TO REPORT A PLAYER

    You may only report things that happen directly to you or in a game that you were in.
    Reporting for other people is not allowed and these reports will be discarded.
    (ie. Reporting someone on behalf of a friend, streamer, or other)

    Fill the In-game report

    An In-game report MUST be made. This is not optional, and is a must to help us identify the person in your game as well as find any other evidence we need.

    Customer Support ticket?

    • Video evidence is required or heavily suggested for some offenses, please refer to the lists below.
    • Whilst you can report offenses directly to our support, please only do so for serious offenses like cheating, hacking, DOX/death threats.

    Discarded reports reasons

    THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT CONSIDERED BANNABLE OFFENSES - PLEASE DO NOT REPORT

    • Camping
    • Slugging
    • Tunneling
    • Streamsniping
    • Teabagging
    • Bodyblocking
    • Looping

    NOTE:
    We do not control anything that happens outside of Dead by Daylight.
    This includes private Steam messages/groups/names, PS4/XBOX messages, Discord messages, Twitch/social media interactions, etc. Anything that occurs on these platforms must be reported to the respective authorities.

    PERMANENT BANS

    List of bannable offenses

    Hacking in-game exclusives and / or legacy skins

    The acquiring of any in-game skin through anything other than official channels (ie. codes, giveaways, etc.)
    The possession of legacy skins without earning them. The cutoff to earn legacy skins happened on November 24, 2016. If a player has obtained legacy skins after this date, then it is considered cheating.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Cheated progress / modifying your save file

    We need the profile of the person you are reporting. Reportable via support team.
    Using any 3rd party software or other method to cheat your save file or any measure of progress contained within your save file. This includes using someone else’s save file.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    Threats

    Excessive and serious threats against someone, including DOX threats, life threats, disclosing private information, etc.
    You can fill a support ticket to provide more information, Screenshots and video are optional, but highly recommended.
    Reminder: everything that happens out of the game should be reported to the appropriate platform. (ie: Twitch, Discord, Steam, Sony, Microsoft)
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Other Hacks

    In-game report under Unsportsmanlike is MANDATORY
    Using 3rd party software or other tools to gain any kind of unfair advantage that wasn’t intended by the game, except if they have been whitelisted by us. We are not banning for the use of communication apps.
    In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket REQUIRED

    TEMPORARY BAN

    List of bannable offenses

    24h -> 48h -> 1w -> Permanent

    This is a sliding scale and determined on a case-by-case basis. If an offense is considered to be particularly egregious, the duration of the ban may skip one or more steps in this process.

    Any previous permanent bans on your record will result in all future offenses being a permanent ban.

    Harassment: Communications Abuse

    • Insults, intimidation, hateful speech, repeated harassment
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Griefing: Intentional Gameplay Abuse

    • Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    • Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    • Holding the game hostage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Exploits: Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage

    • Advertising exploits
    • Exploit bugs, errors in design, or undocumented features to gain access to what otherwise would not be available or to obtain a competitive advantage
      In-game report REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    Specific exploits that we will ban for until they are resolved:

    • Bloodweb Progress/Prestige Exploit
    • 2+ Killer Exploits

    Unsportsmanlike Conduct

    • Botting
    • Lag switching
    • Disconnects (leaving the match before killed or sacrificed) - DO NOT REPORT
      For both Botting and Lag switching, in-game reports are REQUIRED / Customer Support ticket OPTIONAL

    About Disconnects bans - DO NOT REPORT

    Disconnects are handled by the disconnection penalty system. No further action will be taken on reports.

    BAN APPEALS

    Cannot be appealed

    • Temporary bans
    • Social Media bans/blocks (Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
    • Unofficial Fan sites / Fan groups

    Forum bans: APPEALS

    Please check this link.
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/140-ban-appeals

    Permanent bans : APPEALS

    Send a Ticket to support.deadbydaylight.com
    If the ban is an automated EAC ban, please contact EAC directly. https://www.easy.ac/en-us/support/game/contact/appeal/

    Console bans

    The rules are the same as the PC bans

    Crossplatform ban evasion

    Players who have violated our rules multiple times leading to permanent bans could get their access revoked on any accounts they make if the player is seen committing bannable offenses after the very first permanent ban. The structure and severity of these bans are followed throughout any platform.

    Abuse of Support Services

    This includes making false support tickets and lying to support agents. Our agents are always here to help the community. However, those making false tickets just to get a step ahead of everyone else and take advantage hinders our ability to better help everyone. Penalties include suspension of your support services, up to a permanent ban of your in-game account.

    Another thing I wanted to add is that temporary bans do not show on people's profile, so assuming they got no punishment is wrong, while for those saying that they reported a hacker with proof of them cheating, I'm sure they have been taken or will be taken care of.

    One last thing: the need for a naming and shaming rule is due to the fact that proof can be manufactured, especially screenshots, it's a standard rule on most discussion platforms.

  • On Twitter they blocked people for saying "ew" to pride post but this dude gets to keep playing. Maybe they should put Twitter person in charge of the end game chat bans.

  • I mean it's not even well thought out, articulate trolling. All it does is make them look unintelligent.

    The first thing that hits me when I see stuff like that is 'omg I feel sorry for how much of an npc you are'.

  • You just have to make an in-game report for verbal harassment and they will have all the info they need.

    you won’t get an email as response for this.. seems like you make an additional player report that was completely unnecessary.

  • I think BHVR needs to make it much clearer how to report someone for stuff like this and what information, exactly, they need. If they reject a report, they should also be clear about what information was missing.

    I'm honestly surprised that they don't have a filter that automatically blocks slurs in the chat at this point.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    I think BHVR needs to make it much clearer how to report someone for stuff like this and what information, exactly, they need. If they reject a report, they should also be clear about what information was missing.

    I'm honestly surprised that they don't have a filter that automatically blocks slurs in the chat at this point.

    They give information on what is missing though, I had some report where I didn’t attach video proof and they asked for it (without immediately rejecting it)

    in my first report I also didn’t add the other players steam ID and got an email that informed me about it..

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800296#Comment_1800296

    I'm saying that your attitude towards these things are what give them power to begin with. The fact that you react like this and it bothers you so much that some random guy you never met and likely will never met said something like this. Make no mistake, I'm not justifying the idiot who said those things, I'm just saying that if you let it bother you then you give his words power and ultimately you end up fueling the very thing you want to end. You don't have to agree with me, I'm pretty sure nothing I say will convince you to change your perspective, I'm just laying out the truth because it never changes and hoping one day you do figure it out. It's not different than someone insulting a nerd for being a nerd, the sooner the nerd stops letting it bother him the sooner people will get bored of trying to attack him with it, and for the record I am speaking from experience not hypothetical virtual signaling.

    The difference is, the N word is much more sensitive than calling someone a nerd as an insult because it's a symbol of what black people's ancestors went through and it's a reminder of how black people have been oppressed their whole lives. Calling someone a nerd is so miniscule compared to the N word.

    We can agree to disagree, but my point is, racism should never be tolerated and it should never go overlooked in video games. A game is a place where people go to have fun after a long day at work or something, not a place where people go to get mentally brought down because some 12 year old lost and decided to become spiteful.

  • Dude, i got insulted too, for winning and being italian, called bad and racist names and all during my livestream, reported and nothing happend

  • This isn't really racist though.

    Homophobic, probably. And whatever word means you dont like people with learning difficulties. But its not racist.

    A word needs to be used a certain way to be classed a racist.

  • Man .. don't be banning ppl for trash talk. We'd lose half the players. Trolls are fun and keeps me engaged.

  • @noctis129 said:

    Man .. don't be banning ppl for trash talk. We'd lose half the players. Trolls are fun and keeps me engaged.

    I say good riddance to the trolls. Ban them all.

  • @musefan said:

    This isn't really racist though.

    Homophobic, probably. And whatever word means you dont like people with learning difficulties. But its not racist.

    A word needs to be used a certain way to be classed a racist.

    I just looked back on it and you're right, I don't know where the OP got racism from. However the most likely reason is one of the survivors was racist but you just couldn't see it because the OP had the chat scrolled down in the screenshot.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800579#Comment_1800579

    I just looked back on it and you're right, I don't know where the OP got racism from. However the most likely reason is one of the survivors was racist but you just couldn't see it because the OP had the chat scrolled down in the screenshot.

    Yeah. I guess that could be possible. In which case OP took the wrong screenshot, which explains why it isn't sufficient proof of racism.

    However, I am simply highlight the mistake in what the OP has said in this post. I think there is plenty of information in the screenshot that the mods should have taken some action against it, racism or otherwise.

    I would also hope that all post-game chat is stored by the devs and the full history can be reviewed.

  • They would save themselves a lot of work and trouble by getting rid of this chat.

  • @bm33 said:

    On Twitter they blocked people for saying "ew" to pride post but this dude gets to keep playing. Maybe they should put Twitter person in charge of the end game chat bans.

    Yeah well the days of freedom of speech is over like it or not.

    With that said of course everyone who can't behave in chat should get banned. Or even better just close chat for good and no one will deal with toxic messages ever again.

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800323#Comment_1800323

    Yeah well the days of freedom of speech is over like it or not.

    With that said of course everyone who can't behave in chat should get banned. Or even better just close chat for good and no one will deal with toxic messages ever again.

    Free speech applies to what the government does and doesn't allow you to say. Private venues have their own rules that you agree to upon joining. They have no obligation to host your content if they don't want to. And nobody is under any obligation to allow anyone else to spew vitriol at them.

  • @DBD78 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1800323#Comment_1800323

    Yeah well the days of freedom of speech is over like it or not.

    With that said of course everyone who can't behave in chat should get banned. Or even better just close chat for good and no one will deal with toxic messages ever again.

    I'm totally fine with someone having consequences for what they say, @Orion already posted a good response about free speech so I'm not going to repeat it.

    I wasn't saying someone saying "ew" to the pride post shouldn't have been blocked - it was more so that their actual statement didn't even contain a slur but action was taken against them (and quickly) while this dude was able to use several slurs without consequence.

  • Are you really surprised? They allow transphobic and homophobic people on their discord server but don't allow jokes in between friends that aren't even offensive.

  • If someone is being abusive in end game chat, use the in-game report option. That automatically gives the devs a copy of the chatlog and direct access to the players account.

  • So are you trying to say behavior sympathizes with racists and homophobes? Or are you just upset because you don't have the self satisfaction of seeing your report cause someone to face consequences? Or are you upset because you truly feel that if this person was banned that they would self reflect on their life decisions and all the sudden not be a racist pos? I'm trying to understand the point of giving idiot trolls the attention they are after.

  • @goatslinger said:

    So are you trying to say behavior sympathizes with racists and homophobes? Or are you just upset because you don't have the self satisfaction of seeing your report cause someone to face consequences? Or are you upset because you truly feel that if this person was banned that they would self reflect on their life decisions and all the sudden not be a racist pos? I'm trying to understand the point of giving idiot trolls the attention they are after.


    I am upset the company doesn't seem to take action against people like that. The person may not change, but their needs to be consequences for their actions.

‹ 1 2