Remember when blight was "trash"?

https://clips.twitch.tv/BigSpotlessMallardThunBeast

Clip speaks for itself but pc blight is nasty as hell.


So @bjorksnas has shown me blight is number 2 killer. Jesus christ gets never seen such insanity except high tier nurse gameplay.

Comments

  • **cries in console**

  • Given that was after 2 buffs:

    QoL making his power work on most circular objects and if I am remembering correctly more reliable turning when he went from PTB to live.

    His lethal rush now breaks pallets

    Finally he's receiving his 3rd buff with a PoV buff coming SoonTM...

    He was trash on PTB and got buffed repeatedly because of it.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    Given that was after 2 buffs:

    QoL making his power work on most circular objects and if I am remembering correctly more reliable turning when he went from PTB to live.

    His lethal rush now breaks pallets

    Finally he's receiving his 3rd buff with a PoV buff coming SoonTM...

    He was trash on PTB and got buffed repeatedly because of it.

    I mean even on the day of release he was still called weak despite buffs. But is say hes number 2 with add ons or 3 without.

  • @yobuddd said:

    **cries in console**

    You can still kinda flick with high sense.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790550#Comment_1790550

    I mean even on the day of release he was still called weak despite buffs. But is say hes number 2 with add ons or 3 without.

    He didn't receive his 2nd buff until about a week or two after release which lets blight go for these more aggressive lethal rushes due to not being completely bodied by pallets.

    Anyways its pretty telling how bad a killer was on the PTB if they are receiving their THIRD CONSECUTIVE BUFF SOONtm.

    Remember first impressions matter a lot to perception and he had a pretty bad first two impressions.

  • yea I can do that, he turned sharp before his swing to get a deeper angle and used the fact that you don't get stopped mid attack to slide along the hook into a hit around the corner, something an above average blight could do

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790554#Comment_1790554

    He didn't receive his 2nd buff until about a week or two after release which lets blight go for these more aggressive lethal rushes due to not being completely bodied by pallets.

    Anyways its pretty telling how bad a killer was on the PTB if they are receiving their THIRD CONSECUTIVE BUFF SOONtm.

    Remember first impressions matter a lot to perception and he had a pretty bad first two impressions.

    the third one isn't really a buff because they never intended his camera to be that low ingame so its more like a bugfix than a buff

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790554#Comment_1790554

    He didn't receive his 2nd buff until about a week or two after release which lets blight go for these more aggressive lethal rushes due to not being completely bodied by pallets.

    Anyways its pretty telling how bad a killer was on the PTB if they are receiving their THIRD CONSECUTIVE BUFF SOONtm.

    Remember first impressions matter a lot to perception and he had a pretty bad first two impressions.

    All he needed in the ptb was fixes collision boxes. The third buff is a fix. Even with his messed up fov. Also pallet breaking with your power is meh. It sometimes helps but tis best to just use your fists.

    His first impression was bad I'll give you that. To be fair as people learned he is way stronger than they think.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790559#Comment_1790559

    the third one isn't really a buff because they never intended his camera to be that low ingame so its more like a bugfix than a buff

    I'd called it QoL but its still will be an overall buff due to it letting him track survivors much more easily and also makes it so a single purple fog thickening offering doesn't randomly blind him like it does now.

  • @bjorksnas said:

    yea I can do that, he turned sharp before his swing to get a deeper angle and used the fact that you don't get stopped mid attack to slide along the hook into a hit around the corner, something an above average blight could do

    If you can do that kudos. Although he did un a bit it was a straight 180 flick. You cant do that on console atleast kinda. He has high dpi. I've never seen any blight pull that off. Heres another.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/InterestingKnottyEmuPartyTime

    I love that though, the fact you dont get stopped by objects from lethal rush attacks.

  • I've always believed he has potential to be insane, other ppl take time to see killer's strengths or weaknesses, remember when clown was supposedly top tier and spirit was bad?

  • Bligh, once he was released, was never trash. People just aren't that good either at Blight or m1 killer, and for some reason a lot of people think there's no value in mobility (which is shocking).

  • @Withered8 said:

    I've always believed he has potential to be insane, other ppl take time to see killer's strengths or weaknesses, remember when clown was supposedly top tier and spirit was bad?

    Those were the days though. When people thought clown was genuinely good. I remember watching tyres video and if my memory serves right he was saying he liked clowns design.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790560#Comment_1790560

    If you can do that kudos. Although he did un a bit it was a straight 180 flick. You cant do that on console atleast kinda. He has high dpi. I've never seen any blight pull that off. Heres another.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/InterestingKnottyEmuPartyTime

    I love that though, the fact you dont get stopped by objects from lethal rush attacks.

    im actually managing it at 1600 dpi with 100% ingame mouse sensitivity (maybe on the 2nd one) you don't need to have hyper sensitivity if you are willing to break your wrist, I would say the second clip is even more skill from the first since he capitalized on the injured sounds even while rushing which is hard to do

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Bligh, once he was released, was never trash. People just aren't that good either at Blight or m1 killer, and for some reason a lot of people think there's no value in mobility (which is shocking).

    Now you have people giving him the praise he deserves. I main him now and will pick him up on pc. Atleast when I finish building it.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790566#Comment_1790566

    I'd called it QoL but its still will be an overall buff due to it letting him track survivors much more easily and also makes it so a single purple fog thickening offering doesn't randomly blind him like it does now.

    yea overall buff from fixing an unintended nerf

    because the nerf was unintended aka the rendering ingame being shorter than what they expected that would make it a bug fix for QoL rather than a buff

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790574#Comment_1790574

    im actually managing it at 1600 dpi with 100% ingame mouse sensitivity (maybe on the 2nd one) you don't need to have hyper sensitivity if you are willing to break your wrist, I would say the second clip is even more skill from the first since he capitalized on the injured sounds even while rushing which is hard to do

    Ok high dpi yeah I can see how you do it. What really makes it insane is how high dpi can litterally break the turn lock. Hes one of the best blights out there though. Im not even suprised he did it.

  • He was, in the PTB. Remember, they didn't give us the buffed version until after. Even on release, he was weak till, what, a week or so after when he got another buff?

    (Also, welcome back!)

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790578#Comment_1790578

    Now you have people giving him the praise he deserves. I main him now and will pick him up on pc. Atleast when I finish building it.

    I still rember everyone talking about how trash and worthless he is, meanwhile I was sitting at a streak of about 17 4k's on day 2.

  • even in the ptb I was managing 4ks every game after my first few, I saw his potential even then when he was even more buggy, slow and his lunge was way worse

    but as soon as they announced fixes and buffs I knew he would be up to snuff to be a main due to his fun factor, power, and skill ceiling

  • @Rivyn said:

    He was, in the PTB. Remember, they didn't give us the buffed version until after. Even on release, he was weak till, what, a week or so after when he got another buff?

    (Also, welcome back!)

    It was the the fact he couldnt go anywhere without bumping. After they fixed that in release he was really good. In my opinion I feel like the pallet breaking built in is bad except on the ultra rare. It's good sometimes as a zone but other than that meh.

    Thanks rivyn good to see you :)

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790582#Comment_1790582

    I still rember everyone talking about how trash and worthless he is, meanwhile I was sitting at a streak of about 17 4k's on day 2.

    17 4ks on day 2 that's insane I'm gonna be honest. Even after the buff he has an immense learning curve.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790576#Comment_1790576

    Those were the days though. When people thought clown was genuinely good. I remember watching tyres video and if my memory serves right he was saying he liked clowns design.

    Haha yea it's actual hilarous watching older tier lists and seeing clown in A tier as a "better huntress"

  • @bjorksnas said:

    even in the ptb I was managing 4ks every game after my first few, I saw his potential even then when he was even more buggy, slow and his lunge was way worse

    but as soon as they announced fixes and buffs I knew he would be up to snuff to be a main due to his fun factor, power, and skill ceiling

    Blight based grown alot on me. When I switch to pc I might even main killer. Bubba is fun for me too but I digress. Blight had potential even in the ptb that insane mobility was the hint.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790592#Comment_1790592

    Blight based grown alot on me. When I switch to pc I might even main killer. Bubba is fun for me too but I digress. Blight had potential even in the ptb that insane mobility was the hint.

    along with that other guy I get so many 4ks on blight due to how far I have moved up the skill ceiling since ive started that its incredible, my only exit gate escapes I can even remember in the history of playing him on live were, 4 from my first 2 games playing him on live and 2 because 2 survivors were too cute to kill, for context I have around 5k lethal rush hits, and only about 6 escapes from all gens powered exit gates, thats probably around 250-300 games with only 3 occasions that all gens got powered and survivors escaped with the rest being 4ks or hatch, which is pretty good for a character thats only been out for 3 months

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790579#Comment_1790579

    Haha yea it's actual hilarous watching older tier lists and seeing clown in A tier as a "better huntress"

    Now you are making me want to watch fok r the nostalgia. Now clown gets so much hate. atleast he gets his buff :)

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790607#Comment_1790607

    along with that other guy I get so many 4ks on blight due to how far I have moved up the skill ceiling since ive started that its incredible, my only exit gate escapes I can even remember in the history of playing him on live were, 4 from my first 2 games playing him on live and 2 because 2 survivors were too cute to kill, for context I have around 5k lethal rush hits, and only about 6 escapes from all gens powered exit gates, thats probably around 250-300 games with only 3 occasions that all gens got powered and survivors escaped with the rest being 4ks or hatch, which is pretty good for a character thats only been out for 3 months

    You gotta give me some tips as a new blight main myself I have been trying to improve. I honestly think he has a higher skill cap than nurse. There is so much to do with his power.

    5k lethal rush hits is amazing for a blight. Those are the most satisfying.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790614#Comment_1790614

    You gotta give me some tips as a new blight main myself I have been trying to improve. I honestly think he has a higher skill cap than nurse. There is so much to do with his power.

    5k lethal rush hits is amazing for a blight. Those are the most satisfying.

    its around the top 15 on pc right now which is pretty high up, if you need some help I could throw you into a swf with me and show you the ropes or let you spectate a match or two with discord screenshare

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790621#Comment_1790621

    its around the top 15 on pc right now which is pretty high up, if you need some help I could throw you into a swf with me and show you the ropes or let you spectate a match or two with discord screenshare

    just not right now because its bed time

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790621#Comment_1790621

    its around the top 15 on pc right now which is pretty high up, if you need some help I could throw you into a swf with me and show you the ropes or let you spectate a match or two with discord screenshare

    Yes I'll do whichever add me on discord Azame#5000. I wound like to spectate you in a blight match.

  • I remember when he came out, someone cry he need a flick like Oni. And now some Blight main manage to do some incredible flick.

  • @MasterGrit said:

    I remember when he came out, someone cry he need a flick like Oni. And now some Blight main manage to do some incredible flick.

    High dpi can make you do better than oni flicks. Litterally 180 degrees.

  • I dunno with blight. This is from a survivors pov. Part of me still thinks that blight requires a skilled player plus the map rng lining up correctly. Most solo queue survivors haven't seemed to work out how to deal with blight at all. They seem to play the same way with loops and try to gain distance against him. I haven't felt like I've lost to a blight for a while now. It's always been my team never figuring out how to do a gen or last longer than a ten second chase against him. Yet, if the blight chases me they don't feel too difficult to deal with. I guess that's why both sides like him.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790590#Comment_1790590

    17 4ks on day 2 that's insane I'm gonna be honest. Even after the buff he has an immense learning curve.

    Not really, it was back when most survivors didn't know about running behind round loops (and also I came off the back of maining Deathslinger so leading my Lethal Rushes was literally the first thing I tried)

  • PTB Blight gave everyone a bad taste in their mouths. Once live came out with enough time passed, he's considered to be a high tier killer, in the right hands of course.

    Fast forward to Mid-Chapter and Chapter 18:

    -He can break walls/pallets in basekit Lethal Rush

    -Only had Compound 21 rightfully nerfed and still useful

    -He recently had Adrenaline Vial and Soul Chemical add-ons buffed/reworked, AV having even faster token regen, and SC changed entirely, swapping constant 8m aura reading for a trem. difficult skillcheck for gen/heals during a rush.

    Finally, they secretly tweaked his Terror Radius in Chapter 18 to properly transition from being too close to then being chased, and it just sounds alot better IMO.

    My only gripe is that there isn't enough people playing as The Blight. He's alot of fun to face and not so much if they're inexperienced.

  • @Terro said:

    I dunno with blight. This is from a survivors pov. Part of me still thinks that blight requires a skilled player plus the map rng lining up correctly. Most solo queue survivors haven't seemed to work out how to deal with blight at all. They seem to play the same way with loops and try to gain distance against him. I haven't felt like I've lost to a blight for a while now. It's always been my team never figuring out how to do a gen or last longer than a ten second chase against him. Yet, if the blight chases me they don't feel too difficult to deal with. I guess that's why both sides like him.

    Not all blights are this level though being able to achieve 180 flicks is a huge feat. Not many people play.blight despite his strength and his fun factor.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790603#Comment_1790603

    Not really, it was back when most survivors didn't know about running behind round loops (and also I came off the back of maining Deathslinger so leading my Lethal Rushes was literally the first thing I tried)

    I knew blights counter quickly so if think people would catch on too. Good blights were already flicking from the start I seen a few.

  • I've never once been able to turn with Blight like this, not even close. Is there some kind of trick I am missing or what the hell was that?

  • Console blight makes me wanna rip my spine out and just become a puddle of sadness on the floor.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I've never once been able to turn with Blight like this, not even close. Is there some kind of trick I am missing or what the hell was that?

    If you are on pc you need super high dpi but I did something similar on controller heres a clip.

    azame san playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition at XboxClips.co

    it's near impossible on console but I did do a 180 degree flick to some extent.

  • @druggedpug69 said:

    Console blight makes me wanna rip my spine out and just become a puddle of sadness on the floor.

    Yeah pretty difficult to play on console but I have the basics down.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Bligh, once he was released, was never trash. People just aren't that good either at Blight or m1 killer, and for some reason a lot of people think there's no value in mobility (which is shocking).

    Have to agree, this is shocking. I remember people calling Blight bad, because he does not have some Chase Power like Deathslinger or Pyramid Head... Like that guy gets from A to B in like 10-15 seconds without any Issue and is strong without Add Ons.

  • the second the glitches get smoothed out the twins are going to like B or A tier is not better alot of you guys are just being melodramatic

    bar for being above legion: being able to down with their power

    ✔️ not D tier

    bar for being above wraith, trapper and clown: power not a hinderance and provides decent value

    ✔️not C tier

    bar for being above plague ,pig, shape and huntress: power is consistently passable

    ⭕️ we don't know yet

    this is where we are at right now

  • I judged blight way too early, thought he looked weak and unfun, but started playing him yesterday and am having a great time. Haven't started using add-ons or good perks yet either (don't have anything unlocked on pc yet)

    I could've done without the game and lerys maps back to back tho :/

    But new ormond was a hoot, slammed a few times on the top floor and rushed off the side to smack some horrified Claudette's face in, hitting those long dashes feels gooood

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790782#Comment_1790782

    If you are on pc you need super high dpi but I did something similar on controller heres a clip.

    https://xboxclips.co/azame-san/94f3ca10-2d20-4750-9ae4-3f7933328c0f

    it's near impossible on console but I did do a 180 degree flick to some extent.

    Damn that looked so sketchy though.

    Kind of a shame that you need particularly high dps to get better turning. Although to be fair I would argue that the turing in your original video is a bit too much anyways. Some middle ground between that and the turning I have at the moment I feel would be nice. I just think it's a shame that a killer power's effectivity is partially tied to the mouse sensitivity.

    The lunge should have a fixed turning value no matter the mouse sensitvity. Then they could balance the turning of his lunge perfectly.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790578#Comment_1790578

    Have to agree, this is shocking. I remember people calling Blight bad, because he does not have some Chase Power like Deathslinger or Pyramid Head... Like that guy gets from A to B in like 10-15 seconds without any Issue and is strong without Add Ons.

    And even then, even if you never use Lethal Rush to hit... You can catch up to people between loops!

    Like... Huh? Who cares if you're an m1 killer if there's no pallets or windows around?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790550#Comment_1790550

    I mean even on the day of release he was still called weak despite buffs. But is say hes number 2 with add ons or 3 without.

    Only people that hadn't played him thought he was bad at launch. In PTB he was wonky but had potential. After the hibox fix he immediately shot up in tiers. I knew he was good day 1.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790856#Comment_1790856

    Damn that looked so sketchy though.

    Kind of a shame that you need particularly high dps to get better turning. Although to be fair I would argue that the turing in your original video is a bit too much anyways. Some middle ground between that and the turning I have at the moment I feel would be nice. I just think it's a shame that a killer power's effectivity is partially tied to the mouse sensitivity.

    The lunge should have a fixed turning value no matter the mouse sensitvity. Then they could balance the turning of his lunge perfectly.

    this. I've said it before but it should function like swings in Mordhau. Once you start that swing everyone is on the same level sensitivity wise.

  • You doesn't really need high dpi though.

    I've seen the #1 guy on the leaderboard flick with a 800dpi mouse

  • He was never trash. People were trash with him.

    I've played him since release and I can safely say he's top tier on most maps if played well.

‹ 1 2