Remember when blight was "trash"?

https://clips.twitch.tv/BigSpotlessMallardThunBeast

Clip speaks for itself but pc blight is nasty as hell.


So @bjorksnas has shown me blight is number 2 killer. Jesus christ gets never seen such insanity except high tier nurse gameplay.

Comments

  • @MasterGrit said:

    You doesn't really need high dpi though.

    I've seen the #1 guy on the leaderboard flick with a 800dpi mouse

    I'd say that's pretty high dpi. The higher your dpi is those the less you have to near break your wrist.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790554#Comment_1790554

    Only people that hadn't played him thought he was bad at launch. In PTB he was wonky but had potential. After the hibox fix he immediately shot up in tiers. I knew he was good day 1.

    Even with the hitbox fix people still werent giving my boy a chance. I knew I was I already knew good blights were beating teams.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790856#Comment_1790856

    Damn that looked so sketchy though.

    Kind of a shame that you need particularly high dps to get better turning. Although to be fair I would argue that the turing in your original video is a bit too much anyways. Some middle ground between that and the turning I have at the moment I feel would be nice. I just think it's a shame that a killer power's effectivity is partially tied to the mouse sensitivity.

    The lunge should have a fixed turning value no matter the mouse sensitvity. Then they could balance the turning of his lunge perfectly.

    To be fair maybe even onis flick could be bypassed through high dpi. I also want to say that you do not need to be able to hit crazy 180 flicks for blights effectiveness. It would be great to have in your kit but just having high sense to do some basic flicks would be good enough.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    I judged blight way too early, thought he looked weak and unfun, but started playing him yesterday and am having a great time. Haven't started using add-ons or good perks yet either (don't have anything unlocked on pc yet)

    I could've done without the game and lerys maps back to back tho :/

    But new ormond was a hoot, slammed a few times on the top floor and rushed off the side to smack some horrified Claudette's face in, hitting those long dashes feels gooood

    Didnt you make two posts at that time? Along the lines of "blight is weak" then "I was wrong about blight."

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790885#Comment_1790885

    Didnt you make two posts at that time? Along the lines of "blight is weak" then "I was wrong about blight."

    Possibly, I think I made comments along those lines

  • I still think Blight is really not good.

    Perspective against and as Blight.

  • I always thought that once his bugs were smoothed out he'd be high tier. I mean, he has the best map traversal in the game. Pinball gang for life (whenever I save enough shards to get him)

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790622#Comment_1790622

    Yes I'll do whichever add me on discord Azame#5000. I wound like to spectate you in a blight match.

    ok

  • @NomiNomad said:

    I always thought that once his bugs were smoothed out he'd be high tier. I mean, he has the best map traversal in the game. Pinball gang for life (whenever I save enough shards to get him)

    You will have a blast playing him make sure you turn your sensitivity up. You need it to br pretty high to get some good flicks in.

  • @FregglesFred said:

    I still think Blight is really not good.

    Perspective against and as Blight.

    Go up against a genuinely good blight. You will change your mind.

  • Blight wasn't in a good state in the PTB and required some tweaks. But his power always had huge potential. Quite similar compared to Spirit. She also was in a weak state during her PTB and only became strong after some tweaks to her power. But still I remember people saying that she had huge potential.

  • @azame said:

    https://clips.twitch.tv/BigSpotlessMallardThunBeast

    Clip speaks for itself but pc blight is nasty as hell.

    WHAT???

    He was able to completely turn around in one dash????????

    Man,pretty sad that that won't be possible on console :(

  • People call EVERY new killer weak on release. Spirit was considered weak, now she is completely hated and one of the strongest killers despite getting nerfs. Deathslinger was considered weak. Pyramid Head was considered weak. Now look at them.

    People will jump on the “new killer is weak” bandwagon ASAP.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1791603#Comment_1791603

    Go up against a genuinely good blight. You will change your mind.

    I have. And I don't think he's good still.

  • Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    Blight wasn't in a good state in the PTB and required some tweaks. But his power always had huge potential. Quite similar compared to Spirit. She also was in a weak state during her PTB and only became strong after some tweaks to her power. But still I remember people saying that she had huge potential.

    Even with his potential people still called him bad. Funny how things change when the killer is learned and their true power shows.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/210465/remember-when-blight-was-trash

    WHAT???

    He was able to completely turn around in one dash????????

    Man,pretty sad that that won't be possible on console :(

    Yeah I didnt even know this was possible. Same guy apparently can do this around t and l walls and make winning them as surv hard.

    Not really possible on console but you dont need fancy 180 flicks to win.

  • *sad console blight noises*

  • I don't see how a Killer with insane mobility could even be bad in the first place, especially when you can use it at certain loops to deny survivors getting to pallets.

    The Twins though.. yikes

  • still is trash, especially on console

    controls like a semi truck

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790590#Comment_1790590

    17 4ks on day 2 that's insane I'm gonna be honest. Even after the buff he has an immense learning curve.

    After like 3 games of him, I didn't lose a single game playing Blight for days, and had more 5 gen victories than ever before, I stopped running Ruin Undying after about 3 days cause it was (and is IMO) overpowered.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    People call EVERY new killer weak on release. Spirit was considered weak, now she is completely hated and one of the strongest killers despite getting nerfs. Deathslinger was considered weak. Pyramid Head was considered weak. Now look at them.

    People will jump on the “new killer is weak” bandwagon ASAP.

    To be fair, dbd when spirit was released was very different. I remember spirit was actually kinda weak in the meta until they buffed her. Then they kept her the same as DBD got rebalanced. Deathslinger is still considered weak outside of boring chases. Outside of Pyramid head's animation lock Pyramid Head isn't really considered top-tier strong either.

  • @Zaytex said:

    I don't see how a Killer with insane mobility could even be bad in the first place, especially when you can use it at certain loops to deny survivors getting to pallets.

    The Twins though.. yikes

    That's according to most of the community at launch. Also I dont believe the twins are even bad. See a good twins player. Victor can litterally hoom camp with no penalty, had a massive huntress attack hitbox, regenerates in 5 seconds after a crush. Twins are not bad.

  • His ability was good on paper but he was “trash” because it was so clunky even the Devs said as much lol

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792610#Comment_1792610

    That's according to most of the community at launch. Also I dont believe the twins are even bad. See a good twins player. Victor can litterally hoom camp with no penalty, had a massive huntress attack hitbox, regenerates in 5 seconds after a crush. Twins are not bad.

    Blights power has a lot of area left wide open for players to explore, utilize, and apply skill.

    Right now, it seems like the Twins are closed off with a multitude of mechanics which don't really let the player work outside of an intended formula.

    That's my take on it thus far. Going to marathon the Twins until I find out what makes them good or get engulfed in unending depression.

  • He still is far too hard to use to be truly considered "good". His killrate is at the very bottom along with Plague and Nurse with the latter being hard as heck to use as well.

  • @Canas said:

    He still is far too hard to use to be truly considered "good". His killrate is at the very bottom along with Plague and Nurse with the latter being hard as heck to use as well.

    By that logic nurse isnt good either lol.

  • @StibbityStabbity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792738#Comment_1792738

    Blights power has a lot of area left wide open for players to explore, utilize, and apply skill.

    Right now, it seems like the Twins are closed off with a multitude of mechanics which don't really let the player work outside of an intended formula.

    That's my take on it thus far. Going to marathon the Twins until I find out what makes them good or get engulfed in unending depression.

    That's what makes him do good in still learning him but I'm getting better and better as the days go on.

    Make sure you let me know if you find any unique way of playing the twins.

  • @GHOSTfaceP3 said:

    His ability was good on paper but he was “trash” because it was so clunky even the Devs said as much lol

    I mean atleast they fixed it now hes my favorite killer currently.

  • @Xpljesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1790603#Comment_1790603

    After like 3 games of him, I didn't lose a single game playing Blight for days, and had more 5 gen victories than ever before, I stopped running Ruin Undying after about 3 days cause it was (and is IMO) overpowered.

    I haven't brought myself to use that setup.

  • Yeah it's just dumb af, it's not required whatsoever in pubs anyway lol

  • @Xpljesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792792#Comment_1792792

    Yeah it's just dumb af, it's not required whatsoever in pubs anyway lol

    Game has not been giving me corrupt so I've been kinda getting big mad tbh lol.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792953#Comment_1792953

    Game has not been giving me corrupt so I've been kinda getting big mad tbh lol.

    Blights INSANE mobility makes Corrupt kinda meh. I mean, it won't hurt, but it's not really needed either. With the new perk Oppression and maybe Surveillance, you could seriously utilize Blights mobility and make him always show up when a Survivor wants to slip a gen the finger. Ruin would still work better than Oppression, but if you are set on not using Ruin, that's a possibility. The Basic Blight Build exists for a reason, though. It utilizes his skillset fairly well, and is globally beneficial to him. That said, if you have a build in mind, I'm not your dad.

    Or am I?

    Also, meant to point out a few things earlier:

    @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792395#Comment_1792395

    Yeah I didnt even know this was possible. Same guy apparently can do this around t and l walls and make winning them as surv hard.

    Not really possible on console but you dont need fancy 180 flicks to win.

    Blight can basically strafe Rush. He can strafe while engaging a Rush to dash sideways, allowing him to make funky attacks around corners. Blights ability is VERY open to creative methods of using it, and is one of his biggest strengths.

    @Hopesfall said:

    still is trash, especially on console

    controls like a semi truck

    Maybe on console. On PC, Blight is high tier. He gives you as much as you put into him. If you don't spend time learning to use him, he won't give you wins. If you do, he will shower you in gg ez. The only thing I REALLY can't stress enough is knowing when NOT to use his power. Sometimes, a cool Lethal Rush with a low chance of success is NOT the best play. Running around and smacking the Survivor, or running them out into an area where the Lethal Rush has a much higher chance of hit, is better.

  • He can really suck though depending on how good the survivors are and what map it is. I've had 1k and 0k games with him. His rush attack is just too reactable, and you're robbed constantly of what should be easy hits.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792953#Comment_1792953

    Game has not been giving me corrupt so I've been kinda getting big mad tbh lol.

    I run Corrupt on some killers, surgeveillance on others, don't use pop or ruin - I use bbq monitor infectious nurses on blight tho, monitor atleast helps make blight more playable due to the abysmal camera height

  • @Terro said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792400#Comment_1792400

    To be fair, dbd when spirit was released was very different. I remember spirit was actually kinda weak in the meta until they buffed her. Then they kept her the same as DBD got rebalanced. Deathslinger is still considered weak outside of boring chases. Outside of Pyramid head's animation lock Pyramid Head isn't really considered top-tier strong either.

    Spirit on release was on really considered weak because of directional audio and people didn’t know how to play her. She had DUMB STRONG add-ons, collision while phasing, no window vault animation, etc...she was really that weak.

    Deathslinger and PH are not weak. They don’t have to be Nurse tier in order to be considered strong.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1792637#Comment_1792637

    Spirit on release was on really considered weak because of directional audio and people didn’t know how to play her. She had DUMB STRONG add-ons, collision while phasing, no window vault animation, etc...she was really that weak.

    Deathslinger and PH are not weak. They don’t have to be Nurse tier in order to be considered strong.

    I think you're forgetting how the tile sets used to be, how nearly every pallet was safe and the sheer amount of those safe pallets. That's why spirit fury + enduring was used in spirit cuz her power wasn't that effective with the old tilesets and safe pallets. The only way to use her effectively was to ram through those defences. Once those defences were gone spirit had an easier time using her power, which still had some trouble with the tiles back then.


    I never said that deathslinger or Pyramid Head needed to be nurse level. I said that they have one aspect about them that really stand out to people but when you just look at them overall they're not as strong as people make them out to be.

1 2 ›