The promised LGBT characters

Remember this ?

image.png

It's been 6 months now, so a total of 2 chapters, and 2 rifts

The total amount of LGBTIA characters in Dead by Daylight is now : zero :D

Not to be that girl, but for something, quoting Mathieu here, "important for him", 6 months, with 4 brand new characters, and the rifts giving lore on a lot of people... Zero is quite a pathetic number for a promised representation. This is even I would say hypocritical, and I'm even ready to bet (and would be happy to lose) that those words could completely be empty and that next June, for Pride month, we would get the same discourse about how representation matters and they could perfectly not have added since then anyone that is queer. Even Nea that is, like, largely the most queer-coded character did not getting anything that would canonize it.

And before you start, no i dont care about your blatant lgbtphobia, and no there is no debate about if there should be queer characters in dead by daylight (which at some point i can understand given it's a video game about murdering people), the point is : they publicly announced introducing sexual/gender diversity in their game aaaaand... nothing, absolutely nothing, and that you want or not that there are lgbt characters in dbd, the point is, they promised something, in a very formal way, and did nothing after, without even giving an explanation or something to say they changed their minds cause "oh no, maybe killing queer people in our video game is not so cool so uh, let's go back to our first plan". which, we'll be all honest, is bad whatever the context, see how halloween event went for example.

That's all, that was a rant, I hope they will prove me wrong, but for now, I just see just a little bit of queerbaiting from your part BHVR, but hopefully soon we get our rep, it's so important to Mathieu after all :)

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @BumpEmOff99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745540#Comment_1745540

    Adding someone gay to the game is just offensive to some gay people, because then they would be stereotyping a look of lgbtq. It is a slippery slope to go down and this isn't the game for it.

    It's not a slippery slope, as long as they don't make a typical stereotype. I don't see how you can say this isn't the game for it when they've said themselves that it is, They're adding more lore and revealing relationships of characters.

  • @BumpEmOff99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745540#Comment_1745540

    Adding someone gay to the game is just offensive to some gay people, because then they would be stereotyping a look of lgbtq. It is a slippery slope to go down and this isn't the game for it.

    Not every inclusion is stereotyping. They did not stereotype teachers with the introduction of Adam. There is no slippery slope when adding LGBT+.

    it’s just lore that will get some mentioning of same-Sex relationships, it will not harm you or anyone in any way. The only thing that changed with the statement OP is referring to is that LGBT+ will not get explicitly excluded anymore and just be managed like heterosexual relationships have been managed before.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745557#Comment_1745557

    Stop trying to force exclude this stuff from the game. Yui is not revealed to be gay or straight or anything, other than being a female motorbike gang leader who fights for female rights. (I think)

    the devs will explicitly include LGBT+ topics. If you are uncomfortable with it you don’t have to continue playing this game.

    they don’t have to add gay characters if they don’t want too. They probably just said that to please the lgbt community. Be patient they’ll add a gay character soon. They have to make the lore first.

  • @NoObzBoiYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745569#Comment_1745569

    they don’t have to add gay characters if they don’t want too. They probably just said that to please the lgbt community. Be patient they’ll add a gay character soon. They have to make the lore first.

    Except, the statement literally says that they want to.

  • @NoObzBoiYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745569#Comment_1745569

    they don’t have to add gay characters if they don’t want too. They probably just said that to please the lgbt community. Be patient they’ll add a gay character soon. They have to make the lore first.

    No they don’t have to, that’s right. But they do want to. They stated this very clearly, even though they admitted they didn’t want to include anything straight or LGBT before that (and tbh they probably said that in the beginning to please the anti lgbt community)

  • If they don't make the character stereotypical or make their lgbt involvement their whole lore and personality then idc what they do.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    If they don't make the character stereotypical or make their lgbt involvement their whole lore and personality then idc what they do.

    at this point I would love someone where it’s subtly mentioned in one or two words in the lore and another one where it’s Every. Single. Word. And everything else, from head to toe. Every cosmetic. I want a playable rainbow!

    (Just so that people that hate on it just leave or put themselves in end game chats to get banned.)

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745673#Comment_1745673

    at this point I would love someone where it’s subtly mentioned in one or two words in the lore and another one where it’s Every. Single. Word. And everything else, from head to toe. Every cosmetic. I want a playable rainbow!

    (Just so that people that hate on it just leave or put themselves in end game chats to get banned.)

    My whole point. I don't want it shoved down our throats or anything but I'm all for adding an lgbt character.

  • Please I dont wan't drag queens running around getting chased. Keep it somewhat like a horror/action game

  • Honestly I didn’t expect anything any time soon because more than likely these characters that have come out since were already in the pipeline.

    I know BHVR stands with the LGBT community and even if they don’t go as far as giving us queer peeps some cosmetic goodies I am still grateful for them acknowledging us across the player base.

  • @Nick said:

    Please I dont wan't drag queens running around getting chased. Keep it somewhat like a horror/action game

    Why would chasing and killing drag queens not be horror related? They are just normal human beings that may dress somewhat differently..

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Honestly I didn’t expect anything any time soon because more than likely these characters that have come out since were already in the pipeline.

    I know BHVR stands with the LGBT community and even if they don’t go as far as giving us queer peeps some cosmetic goodies I am still grateful for them acknowledging us across the player base.

    I was just about to say this. This is most likely the reason why there hasn't been any LGBTQ survivors/killers in the realm yet.


    I understand representation matters, and as a basic white woman, this issue doesn't affect me like it does so many others. However, I do believe that BHVR recognizing that it matters is a big step. Hopefully down the line we will see LGBTQ, Middle Eastern and Asian (not just Japanese/Korean) survivors/killers added meaningfully to the roster and not just dumped in to appease the masses. Lore is very important to some of us.

  • @Mooks said:

    I would rather see them take there time and include it the right way than just slapping something LGBTQ+ into a probably already finished story where it does not have a place. They didn’t promise to deliver a queer person as soon as possible. They pretty much just stated they won’t exclude them anymore like they did previously.

    In their words they never said they were or wernt going to Give a character a preferred sexuality and they apologized because they did and didnt want it to go unnoticed

    And who the f### cares its a video game why are you trying to sexualized a fictional character

    Edit im not lbgtq-

    but come on its a game I fine with cosmetics and charms but this is a work of fiction

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744170#Comment_1744170

    In their words they never said they were or wernt going to Give a character a preferred sexuality and they apologized because they did and didnt want it to go unnoticed

    And who the f### cares its a video game why are you trying to sexualized a fictional character

    Your post tells me you do care.

    it will only be some words in the lore, not something sexualized but maybe the mentioning of a boyfriend of a male character. They did that with heterosexual relationships, and they explicitly said they won’t exclude LGBT+ anymore.

    being LGBT+ does not have anything to do with oversexualization. Relationships or struggles with the own identity can just be character traits like being a musician or working as a nurse.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745774#Comment_1745774

    Your post tells me you do care.

    it will only be some words in the lore, not something sexualized but maybe the mentioning of a boyfriend of a male character. They did that with heterosexual relationships, and they explicitly said they won’t exclude LGBT+ anymore.

    being LGBT+ does not have anything to do with oversexualization. Relationships or struggles with the own identity can just be character traits like being a musician or working as a nurse.

    Ok shure btw never said I'm postivite just not. Negative

  • @onemind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745790#Comment_1745790

    Ok shure btw never said I'm postivite just not. Negative

    I don’t care ‚what you are‘.

    but I do wonder where you were when heterosexual relationships were added and why you nor anyone else complained about these inclusions.. those are just as irrelevant as LGBT+ themes in a horror video game after all

  • As someone who is part of the LGBT community, I honestly do not care.

    The game isn't focused on who is screwing who, it's focused on surviving/killing. It doesn't affect gameplay in any way.

  • I'm just going to leave one last comment for anyone who has issue with this.


    Ask yourself why you don't bat an eye to the existing heterosexual relationships being mentioned in the game but get up and arms when that same thing becomes a homosexual relationship. The issue isn't with the game adding in an LGBT Character, the issue is with you.

  • I must be a weirdo. I've played this game for 3 years and never read a word of the lore and some of yall not only read it but are also wondering who these characters be banging lol.

  • @goatslinger said:

    I must be a weirdo. I've played this game for 3 years and never read a word of the lore and some of yall not only read it but are also wondering who these characters be banging lol.

    You are a weirdo because you think being part of the LGBT+ community is only about who is banging who.

    if you don’t care for the lore that’s totally fine, no one forces you to read about it or care about the character traits.

  • I called it a night the other day at 4 page now we at 7 wow.

    I said this before gay or straight don't matter because thing change I mean in the lore some are straight outside the realm David and Felix had a girlfriend and wife there not in the realm with them thing could change in the realm.does it say in the lore any of the survivors are together?

    sexually there this big gray area thing could change in the realm I don't care if they add LGBTQ+ survivor or not because like the straight survivors thing could change when your play as survivor they who you want them to be because your controlling them.

    look at all the odd outfits together everyone different.

    again Love is Love nothing will change that.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745984#Comment_1745984

    Being LGBTQ+ is not just about "banging", please stop hypersexualising LGBTQ+ individuals and relationships. We're not asking for anything sexually explicit, just to get the same visibility as heterosexual pairings in the lore.

    You're now my favorite user please continue roasting these people so I can laugh all day.

  • Maybe they wish to keep the community safe? I already have a slew of racist SOBs hating on my Claudette, this game has LITERAL BLACKFACE BUBBA with the wearing of Claudette's face and every time I run across it I'm tunneled, face camped and KKKed in post chat. I'm not even black and seeing it always hurts my soul.

    Maybe by not stressing over a characters sexual orientation they are low key protecting a lot of people from a lot of potential nasty behavior and hate because their community as a whole is disgusting?

    I can't imagine getting tunneled and BMed and hated on because you played 'the gay guy' or 'that lesbian chick' and receiving more hate and vitriol on a game, while being part of said community, because I use games to escape the hell that is reality.

    Seems like some easily avoidable suffering if you ask me.

  • @VIle said:

    Maybe they wish to keep the community safe? I already have a slew of racist SOBs hating on my Claudette, this game has LITERAL BLACKFACE BUBBA with the wearing of Claudette's face and every time I run across it I'm tunneled, face camped and KKKed in post chat. I'm not even black and seeing it always hurts my soul.

    Maybe by not stressing over a characters sexual orientation they are low key protecting a lot of people from a lot of potential nasty behavior and hate because their community as a whole is disgusting?

    I can't imagine getting tunneled and BMed and hated on because you played 'the gay guy' or 'that lesbian chick' and receiving more hate and vitriol on a game, while being part of said community, because I use games to escape the hell that is reality.

    Seems like some easily avoidable suffering if you ask me.

    They already confirmed they will add LGBT+.

    also bubba wearing Claudettes face is not black face. At all. Some racist people might use it as such but they would still tunnel and camp Claudettes without that cosmetic. But that’s really not the topic here.

  • No one asked for overexpression or anything. It’s pretty much just that LGBT+ will be seen in the game just as heterosexual relationships already are. Nothing more. You are making a problem out of it.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745557#Comment_1745557

    No-one is forcing anything. Heterosexual pairings already exist in the game - is that being forced on you too? If straight people are being represented then it's only fair that LGBTQ+ characters and relationships get the same opportunity.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745673#Comment_1745673

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745715#Comment_1745715

    Why would it make that much of a difference if it made up a lot of their lore? I remember when 10 entries of the Archives lore were dedicated to Julie and Frank's relationship (https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Tome_III_-_Escalation#Julie_Kostenko:_Soldiers_of_Mayhem) and no-body had an issue with that. So why would it be a problem if it were an LGBTQ+ character? I don't know your stance on these lore entries but it would be a double standard to be complacent with that amount of straight lore but not for LGBTQ+ lore.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745719#Comment_1745719

    No-one is suggesting anything even remotely like this. All that would be required is a subtle mention of a past boyfriend/girlfriend, just as Felix's past relationship was handled in his lore - nothing sexually explicit.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745720#Comment_1745720

    I'm not sure of your intention here but this is in poor taste. I didn't think that I'd ever need to iterate that LGBTQ+ people do not identify as kitchen utensils. More seriously though, (assuming you're being sarcastic) if a character's sexuality is not of interest to you then simply ignore it. Equal representation is clearly important to a lot of players though, given the number of responses in threads like this one.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745739#Comment_1745739

    LGBTQ+ people are not necessarily involved in drag, although some might be. Nobody is requesting an LGBT+ character in drag though. Drag is known for its dramatic looks using bright colours and makeup, which I think might make players stand out too much in-game. All people are asking for is a character with a subtle mention in the lore or something similar, there's no way to look LGBTQ+ so they wouldn't be any different from any of the other characters in terms of appearance.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1745774#Comment_1745774

    No-one is sexualising anyone. Is the Nurse and Wraith having a love-themed cosmetic set sexualising them? What about Frank and Julie's relationship - is that sexualising fictional characters too much? How about Felix's ex-girlfriend in his lore? David and his ex?

    If heterosexual relationships aren't sexualising characters then neither are LGBTQ+ ones.

    When they made the entries on Frank and julie, that's fine. They're both playable and it's important to their lore. It's not like bhvr was just like "look, a hetero couple!!!!!" And that's what I'm afraid bhvr will do with the lgbt character. If they can add an lgbt character and implement it into their story without it feeling forced then that would be great.

    Please don't jump to conclusions on my stance on lgbt people either. By implying that I have an issue with lgbt lore and not with hetero lore, you're implying that I don't want lgbt people in the game.

  • dude they just want a character with back story of having a homosexuality relationships like they did for David and Felix,they should of just added one for Nea having a girlfriend or something.

    the dev started this when they gave David and Felix past heterosexuality relationships in the tome/backstory before getting stuck in the realm if they didn't do that this thread wouldn't be so long.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    How do you know it's zero?

    Exactly.

    @Kagari_Leha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744166#Comment_1744166

    because i read the lore and there's nothing in it yet, neither in the archives, neither in the ptb, neither in the descriptions of the characters

    Wanna know what's worse than not having diversity? Forced diversity.

    Give your head a shake, the characters sexual orientations doesn't matter - the characters matter. Who are you, or I to assume their sexual orientation. Who are you to demand they even have one to begin with?

  • I'd really appreciate some Pride charms, e.g. a rainbow flag for my Dwighty boy to show support <3

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746148#Comment_1746148

    You stated that you don't mind as long as they don't make being LGBTQ+ their "whole lore and personality" which gives off the impression that you wouldn't be okay with an entry such as the Frank and Julie one should it have been LGBTQ+. I apologise if I misread something or got the wrong impression, although that's how it initially came across to me.

    In fairness though, I didn't really assume your stance on the lore nor LGBTQ+. In my response I said "I don't know your stance on these lore entries" to make sure that I wasn't unfairly attributing anything to you.

    Here's the thing with legion lore. Frank and julie's relationship isn't the WHOLE story, it's more prevalent in the archives tomes though.

    And I know it wasn't your intention to assume my stance, but your wording came off as if you were implying I didn't want lgbt characters.

  • Well apparently BE has done more than enough for the LGBT community... https://www.wired.com/story/queer-appeal-dead-by-daylight-lgbtq-community/amp

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744988#Comment_1744988

    While a character's sexual orientation has no impact on gameplay i guess we can all agree that lore is designed with a very specific purpose, to flesh out and convey a sense of identity to it, sure, Felix having a pregnant wife does nothing gameplay wise but the devs still made it part of who he is

    Exactly, which is why I think it makes sense that characters aren't just casually rewritten for the sake of representation. It's preferable to wait and have a character designed from the ground up instead of having the backstory changed as an afterthought.

    So if any normal person can care for a fictional character's struggles and burdens, why are LGBT struggles not as valid? why do they need to be justified ?

    And also exactly this.

    The fact that there is such (in some cases extreme) opposition to a simple discussion such as this shows why it's important to fight for representation. It shouldn't have to be a big thing, it should be natural.

    You don't think you know what you mean when you say rewritten.

    It's the same way people use the word retcon without knowing what the hell it means.

    You can't rewrite or retcon something that hasn't been established.

    Revealing Feng Min is a lesbian isn't retconning or rewriting her character because what she was interested in has never been established.

    However saying someone like Frank was gay or Julie was a complete lesbian that would be retconning or rewriting as they've already been established to be in a heterosexual relationship and both have sexual feelings for each other as well as romantic at least on Julie's part.


    I don't have a problem with revealing someone in the current cast is part of the LGBT community they don't have to completely redo another character but since they already made the choice to make certain insight into some characters they can't really go back on that so they need to be careful.

    Nurse

    Oni

    Frank

    Julie

    Ace

    David

    Felix

    Have already had their sexualities hinted towards if not outright confirmed as being heterosexual. ( David and Ace specifically being revealed after the fact not at the introduction)

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746261#Comment_1746261

    It's, undeniably, a large portion of the story though.

    Even still, I fail to see why it would be a concern if an LGBTQ+ narrative was the main part of a character's lore.

    To me and many other people it would feel like pandering. That's why.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746467#Comment_1746467

    You’ve practically just admitted that you’d treat heterosexual lore differently from LGBTQ+ lore.

    So Frank and Julie’s relationship is okay because it’s not the “WHOLE” story but if that were the case for an LGBTQ+ character, it would be “pandering”...

    I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt before but now you without a doubt just sound like you’re arguing against LGBTQ+ inclusion. You can’t be in favour of representation but think that such an addition is “pandering”. Pick a side.

    As a gay person I don't want bhvr to add a gay character just because they'll get criticized for not doing so. If they add a gay character that's whole story is just them being gay, that's ######### pandering. If bhvr is gonna add a character that I can identify with, I want them to do it right.

    There's a ######### reason why Frank and julie's story isn't pandering. Frank and julie are straight which is the norm. If bhvr just shoves someone's lgbt down our throats then it'll be pandering because they'd just be doing it to make it seem like they care.

    Remember when I said don't jump to conclusions? Yeah, this is why. Now I had to reveal something I didn't think I'd have to just so that you'll stop thinking I hate my own group of people.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746467#Comment_1746467

    You’ve practically just admitted that you’d treat heterosexual lore differently from LGBTQ+ lore.

    So Frank and Julie’s relationship is okay because it’s not the “WHOLE” story but if that were the case for an LGBTQ+ character, it would be “pandering”...

    I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt before but now you without a doubt just sound like you’re arguing against LGBTQ+ inclusion. You can’t be in favour of representation but think that such an addition is “pandering”. Pick a side.

    What you're demanding isn't equality, or diversity. It's pandering. The dev's are doing a fine job creating characters because you don't know what all the characters sexual orientation is. It could be Claudette, it could be Dwight. It could be Spirit, or Trapper. What makes you thing Frank and Julie are heterosexual? Maybe they are Bi.

    I am as gay as they come, and the only thing against diversity I see here is the Karen demanding the community I am in to be pandered too.

    Heads up for anyone else here; Don't take @ImmersedNurse behavior as how people in the LGBTQ+ act, the people that act out, and demand to be catered too is actually a small minority that find being LGBTQ+ to be cool. Most of us are just quiet and live life like everyone else - we don't make a show of it. BHVR has done a fine job so far with keeping up with equality, and we don't expect to know every characters sexual orientation - because that doesn't really matter in the horror game, nor is anyones buisness.

  • I mean...I'd rather them fix them fix the game first and worry about some lore later...Representation matters sure..but they need to fix a whole bunch of stuff before..plus u can make ur own fanfiction, fictional character with back stories and what not

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746516#Comment_1746516

    What you're demanding isn't equality, or diversity. It's pandering. The dev's are doing a fine job creating characters because you don't know what all the characters sexual orientation is. It could be Claudette, it could be Dwight. It could be Spirit, or Trapper. What makes you thing Frank and Julie are heterosexual? Maybe they are Bi.

    I am as gay as they come, and the only thing against diversity I see here is the Karen demanding the community I am in to be pandered too.

    Heads up for anyone else here; Don't take @ImmersedNurse behavior as how people in the LGBTQ+ act, the people that act out, and demand to be catered too is actually a small minority that find being LGBTQ+ to be cool. Most of us are just quiet and live life like everyone else - we don't make a show of it. BHVR has done a fine job so far with keeping up with equality, and we don't expect to know every characters sexual orientation - because that doesn't really matter in the horror game, nor is anyones buisness.

    no one asked for them to straight out state the sexual orientation of a the characters. Just equal treatment in lore. BHVR is luckily on ‚our‘ side and sees that they did treat these topics not as they originally intended. They can’t take the heterosexual hints away. Yeah they may be bi, but they restricted themselves from revealing samesex relationships and won’t anymore.

    this is a good thing, even if some people come across as ‚demanding‘ it, there are a lot that just appreciate the side BHVR is taking.

    and many people just demand to not include anything LGBT+ without any argumentation but it wouldn’t fit horror or its adjust a video game or they would shove it down our throats, while no one complained about the inclusion of heterosexual relationships (and here was ground for complaining because they said they wouldn’t do this).

  • Who cares what's their orientation, I can understand wanting a character for a certain race or ethnicity added to the game but does it really matter if Nea is trans, Jake is hetero and Claudette is lesbian? If they added said characters in then that's fine but if you're wanting them to go back and revist every existing character and point fingers with labels then I don't think that would sit well.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746543#Comment_1746543

    As a gay person myself I find your stance on this very confusing. If they add a character where the focus of the story is their LGBTQ+ identity then really what’s the issue? There are some experiences that many (obviously not all but a lot) of LGBTQ+ people inherently share like coming out, experiencing homophobia and marginalisation and I don’t see any issue with them exploring that in the lore. How can they write an authentic LGBTQ+ character without mentioning how their identity relates to their character, experiences, relationships etc?

    I find your choice of wording here problematic. So being straight is the “norm”, which makes Frank and Julie’s relationship acceptable in the lore, but because being LGBTQ+ is not the norm, it’s pandering and being shoved down people’s throats? I’m just confused what you’re even trying to get at here.

    You were under no obligation to reveal the fact you were gay, I never asked about your sexuality or suggested you should share it. You did that off of your own accord. It really doesn’t change how your messages read though.

    Here's my thoughts in the simplest terms. I'm saying that for me personally, if they add an lgbt character and include it in their story in a good way, similar to legion or nurse's then it's fine.

    All I want from bhvr from the lgbt character is for them to not go over the top with their involvement in the lgbt community. They didn't go overboard with any confirmed straight characters and I don't want them to go overboard with the lgbt ones.

    And no, you never directly said that you wanted me to share that about myself. But you're painting a very nasty picture of me right now.

    And as far as bhvr going deep into subject like homophobia etc, that's fine. I'm not talking ONLY about lore right now.

    TLDR: I just want bhvr to implement an LGBT character like with legion or nurse etc. They can either take the subtle approach or the more noticeable one like legion. And yes they can implement an lgbt story like legion without it being the whole story.

  • Just god let it be about horror. The end.

  • @Mushwin said:

    Just god let it be about horror. The end.

    lol

    with all the lore already present no one should draw the line at LGBT+ inclusion.

    what’s the matter?

  • While I agree that there needs to be a LGBTIA in the game I want them to do it right not just say they are without it making sure it makes sense.

  • There is also nothing that says that any of the original people are not. They don't list anything in the way of coming right out and saying it.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746691#Comment_1746691

    lol

    with all the lore already present no one should draw the line at LGBT+ inclusion.

    what’s the matter?

    mook ######### does it matter? i want to play the game, rage at Mr Mushwin when i am killer and that be it i dont care about anthing else, I mean do I go on other games and have this stuff to deal with? I have friends, family etc in this but hell ITS A HORROR GAME THINK I WENT THROUGH THIS WHEN SILENT HILL 1 CAME OUT! nope

  • @Mushwin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746698#Comment_1746698

    mook ######### does it matter? i want to play the game, rage at Mr Mushwin when i am killer and that be it i dont care about anthing else, I mean do I go on other games and have this stuff to deal with? I have friends, family etc in this but hell ITS A HORROR GAME THINK I WENT THROUGH THIS WHEN SILENT HILL 1 CAME OUT! nope

    No one forced you to care about it. But let other people care if they want. I wouldn’t affect you in any way or form. You will still be able to play the game just like ever.

    this is a horror game with multiple distinct characters that have established backstories. It’s just logical that relationships may be part of those backstories, there is no need to exclude everything LGBT

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746710#Comment_1746710

    No one forced you to care about it. But let other people care if they want. I wouldn’t affect you in any way or form. You will still be able to play the game just like ever.

    this is a horror game with multiple distinct characters that have established backstories. It’s just logical that relationships may be part of those backstories, there is no need to exclude everything LGBT

    I am not saying that I would not care of a lores sexual preference or whom they are it's just not important to a game.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746589#Comment_1746589

    Here's my thoughts in the simplest terms. I'm saying that for me personally, if they add an lgbt character and include it in their story in a good way, similar to legion or nurse's then it's fine.

    All I want from bhvr from the lgbt character is for them to not go over the top with their involvement in the lgbt community. They didn't go overboard with any confirmed straight characters and I don't want them to go overboard with the lgbt ones.

    And no, you never directly said that you wanted me to share that about myself. But you're painting a very nasty picture of me right now.

    And as far as bhvr going deep into subject like homophobia etc, that's fine. I'm not talking ONLY about lore right now.

    TLDR: I just want bhvr to implement an LGBT character like with legion or nurse etc. They can either take the subtle approach or the more noticeable one like legion. And yes they can implement an lgbt story like legion without it being the whole story.

    Subtle is good, but I am worried it will be something like this:

    "Gaylord (actual name that exists) the new survivor hopped down the rainbow-colored stairs homosexually to kiss his strong, sweaty daddy-boyfriend on his queer, lucious masculine lips. Then he left his Barbie-colored house to go to his job at Sauna Beefcake. But he was run over by a car and woke up in the Entity realm."

    It shouldn't be the character's only defining feature. Just fit it in naturally in the backstory.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746543#Comment_1746543

    As a gay person myself I find your stance on this very confusing. If they add a character where the focus of the story is their LGBTQ+ identity then really what’s the issue? There are some experiences that many (obviously not all but a lot) of LGBTQ+ people inherently share like coming out, experiencing homophobia and marginalisation and I don’t see any issue with them exploring that in the lore. How can they write an authentic LGBTQ+ character without mentioning how their identity relates to their character, experiences, relationships etc?

    I find your choice of wording here problematic. So being straight is the “norm”, which makes Frank and Julie’s relationship acceptable in the lore, but because being LGBTQ+ is not the norm, it’s pandering and being shoved down people’s throats? I’m just confused what you’re even trying to get at here.

    You were under no obligation to reveal the fact you were gay, I never asked about your sexuality or suggested you should share it. You did that off of your own accord. It really doesn’t change how your messages read though.

    Because this game is about Horror, especially slasher horror. Not about who the characters shimmy with. I'm fairly disappointed in you, and how bad you are making the LGBTQ+ look. It's not all about us being gay. That's a small part of who people are as a whole. We get a guy, and it's mentioned in their lore that they had a husband. Great. But if they make a character act flamboyant, everything about them is about being gay with their out of the closet story, and is bleeding rainbows - then that's obvious pandering. Like the whole Overwatch Tracer thing all over again. Big blow up that there isn't an LGBTQ+ character, and then next lore update "Btw Tracer is gay, look at all this gay we can throw at you, now please buy our merch of Tracer being gay".

    That's what you want?

  • Does it really matter? Honestly? I'm gay. When I'm looping a killer out in The Fog the last thing I'm thinking about is who my main Felix is hooking up with. One of my favorite game series, Trails of Cold Steel, features a dating component and the MC Rean flat out tells another character he's not into other dudes. Oh well. I had fun pairing him up with the same girl in every game. If I really felt the need to play a gay character I'd play Mass Effect or something. Forced representation is one of the worst things to happen to the LGBT community in the gaming industry because it creates stale stereotypes that aren't beneficial whatsoever.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746564#Comment_1746564

    This was an awfully lengthy way to demonstrate that you don't understand the concepts of "equality, or diversity" and "pandering". To address your initial point, perhaps Frank and Julie are bisexual, perhaps they aren't. But characters that may or may not be LGBTQ+ isn't really LGBTQ+ representation...

    Equality is defined as "the right of different groups of people to have a similar social position and receive the same treatment" (source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/equality). So, in the situation of Dead by Daylight, the lore has numerous mentions of straight pairings, but currently no canonical LGBTQ+ ones. By definition, equality would be both groups being represented, would it not?

    As for diversity ("many different types of things or people being included in something", source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/diversity ), the inclusion of LGBTQ+ characters would further increase the range of different sexualities within the game. Therefore, increasing the diversity of the character roster. No matter how I look at it, adding LGBTQ+ stories in the lore would not be "against diversity".

    And lastly, pandering: "to please other people by doing or saying what you think they want you to do or say" (source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/pander-to-someone-something). If we refer back to the developer's original statement, they say that they are not going to be excluding LGBTQ+ characters because they "did set character's preferences in the past, notably in heterosexual relationships." I think you'll find that they're not pandering to please a "Karen" like me (as you so eloquently described), they're reassessing their original position because they went back on their original word. Regardless of whether you personally want it or not doesn't matter because the developer's have already said that they're going to integrate "diversified identities" into the game in the future. This thread is merely holding the developer's to their word - no pandering involved.

    As for the last paragraph, I really don't know what you hoped to achieve with this. The LGBTQ+ community is filled with people of different identities, background, beliefs, mannerisms, personalities etc. There's no set way to be LGBTQ+, stop acting like you speak for all of us when you say these things. It's clear by mine and other LGBTQ+ people's responses in this and other threads that not everyone agrees with you, being "as gay as they come" doesn't allow you to speak over other members of "the community I [you] am in". You are entitled to your opinion and I am to mine, it's disappointing that you'd try to bring down other members of your community for their opinion though.

    I'd like to iterate that I don't find "being LGBTQ+ [...] cool". I don't really see how you're remotely qualified to tell me my stance on my own identity. I wouldn't say having my life threatened when I go out in public is "cool", but of course you'd know my experiences better than me, /s

    If you want to "life a quiet life like everyone else" then do so. Nobody is stopping you, I certainly won't. Just let other LGBTQ+ people have the same freedom to live their life as they choose without bringing them down.

    I like how your argument back is to literally repeat what I said to you, and to try to tell me to stop acting like you (when I never was acting like you) lol .

    You're not going to get pandered too. Wait till you actually have the lore on all the characters before saying there isn't an LGBTQ+ character. This game is about Horror, and not about sex.

    Case closed. See you around Karen.

1 2 3 4 5