The promised LGBT characters

Remember this ?

image.png

It's been 6 months now, so a total of 2 chapters, and 2 rifts

The total amount of LGBTIA characters in Dead by Daylight is now : zero :D

Not to be that girl, but for something, quoting Mathieu here, "important for him", 6 months, with 4 brand new characters, and the rifts giving lore on a lot of people... Zero is quite a pathetic number for a promised representation. This is even I would say hypocritical, and I'm even ready to bet (and would be happy to lose) that those words could completely be empty and that next June, for Pride month, we would get the same discourse about how representation matters and they could perfectly not have added since then anyone that is queer. Even Nea that is, like, largely the most queer-coded character did not getting anything that would canonize it.

And before you start, no i dont care about your blatant lgbtphobia, and no there is no debate about if there should be queer characters in dead by daylight (which at some point i can understand given it's a video game about murdering people), the point is : they publicly announced introducing sexual/gender diversity in their game aaaaand... nothing, absolutely nothing, and that you want or not that there are lgbt characters in dbd, the point is, they promised something, in a very formal way, and did nothing after, without even giving an explanation or something to say they changed their minds cause "oh no, maybe killing queer people in our video game is not so cool so uh, let's go back to our first plan". which, we'll be all honest, is bad whatever the context, see how halloween event went for example.

That's all, that was a rant, I hope they will prove me wrong, but for now, I just see just a little bit of queerbaiting from your part BHVR, but hopefully soon we get our rep, it's so important to Mathieu after all :)

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746680#Comment_1746680

    Subtle is good, but I am worried it will be something like this:

    "Gaylord (actual name that exists) the new survivor hopped down the rainbow-colored stairs homosexually to kiss his strong, sweaty daddy-boyfriend on his queer, lucious masculine lips. Then he left his Barbie-colored house to go to his job at Sauna Beefcake. But he was run over by a car and woke up in the Entity realm."

    It shouldn't be the character's only defining feature. Just fit it in naturally in the backstory.

    EXACTLY! I couldn't have said it better myself.

  • Sexuality doesn't really matter if you're hanging on meathooks

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1746680#Comment_1746680

    Then I think we agree. I simply would just like to see LGBTQ+ relationships treated in the same way as the heterosexual ones, i.e. Nurse or Legion.

    I apologize if I came across as critical or offended you, it certainly wasn't my intention and I take responsibility if it seemed that way. Sometimes I can read into things too much 😓

    That's what I was trying to get at. My point was that I didn't want bhvr to make it feel unnatural and forced but I think I started going off track from my actual point lol.

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    Sexuality doesn't really matter if you're hanging on meathooks

    Yeah it doesn’t, so inclusion in lore won’t make a difference

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1744235#Comment_1744235

    To show that the developers care they should add a Pride charm, as creating the character might still take some time. It is a small but relevant gesture and should be relatively simple to do.

    Yes doing that would totally show that they care and not at all be a gesture to get people to be quiet about it or just be an easy brownie points grab.

    Most of the time a Pride thing is added to a game its only for pandering. Especially when its in a game with absolutely nothing romantic about it. I'm bisexual, I don't give a ######### about seeing a Pride flag in gears of war I want to see blood and guts!

    Similarly, I don't come to Dead by Daylight to think about those things. I'm here to either be killed, do the killing, or escape. I am here for the Horror.

    (Its totally fine if they do add in a more obviously LGBT character, but my point is, I don't come here LOOKING for one. Similarly sure there are some heterosexual characters talked about in game, but I don't go here LOOKING for them. Its nice to know a bit about each character's back stories, but if someone is gay or straight it doesn't matter to me in a game unless its say a game with dating involved like Mass Effect)

  • Okay, after some consideration and some of the comments... Lots have been deleted after my post, I'm sorry, but I'm closing the thread as it keeps getting out of hands and people apparently can't comment on these threads without insulting a group of people.

    I just want to remind all of you in the future that people have different opinions and to be respectful of those, but it's not okay to insult a group of people asking for something.

    On the other hand, everyone should not go out of their way to attack or insult anyone, no matter what they say. If you think what they said was wrong in the sense of breaking the rules, please report it.

1 … 3 4 5 ›