Everybody who bought the skins for 21k should be refunded.

I had around 74k iridescent shards and spent 43200 in two skins and now, without any warning, each skin costs 9k.

#########?

Receive a response from support:

tQUNheR.png

I'm done with this game.

I lost my time getting all those shards to getting literally scammed.

That's a developer who really put their players in first place, huh?


This is their EULA.

sdfsdf.png

EULA states: "All purchase of Virtual Goods, whether made with "real money" or virtual currencies, are non-refundable and non-returnable" and "BHVR reserves the right to modify the price for Virtual Goods that may be "purchased" at any time"

Even steam has the same ######### and if you contact the support most of the times they refund the game for you to get with the discounted price.

If they don't refund this thing is pretty simple im personally going to stop playing the game and everybody can do whatever with their life. :)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703045#Comment_1703045

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703093#Comment_1703093

    No, they don't have to. We know they don't have to. We're saying they should.

    A lot of stores will refund the difference if someone buys an item and it goes on sale within a week of purchase. Why? It's good business. Customer retention is important. And which customers bought the skins day one? Probably the hardcore loyal fans who put a lot of time and money into the game. They should not be treated like their time and money is unimportant. If they feel shafted, they will leave. And even if they don't leave, they won't forget. If BHVR doesn't refund the difference, there are a lot of customers who will not buy cosmetics and even possibly chapters right when they come out. More people will wait for sales.

    Again, the people who somehow love this game enough to buy cosmetics day one should not feel shafted and left out when BHVR rewards players Returning players should feel appreciated and thus happy so they spend more money. Unhappy players (like me) barely put a dime into this game. Guess what? I benefited from this cosmetics sale. Is that fair at all?

    sadly this is more complicated then most storefronts as they most likely don't have the best way of tracking and refunding that easily, its hundreds if not thousands of hours of work that will cost them a good amount of time and money just so people can have another skin or two, just let it go I already have

  • ironic but just get over it, get what you can free and spend a few bucks if it really matters that much to you or just pass on optional ingame skins

  • @Maria00098 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703124#Comment_1703124

    The actual halloween skins are part of "Hallowed curse" which they didn't mention in that blog.

    Thanks for clearing that up. Then I take back what I said earlier in the post. Now it just seems 100% a scummy move to pull after people bought the outfit Day 1, even with the log-in bonuses being added.

  • They weren't originally going to do this much for the event I firmly believe that the people pushed them to do this event the way they are doing it now if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the community that wants a mile after asking for an inch.

  • @Clonedhorror said:

    They weren't originally going to do this much for the event I firmly believe that the people pushed them to do this event the way they are doing it now if you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the community that wants a mile after asking for an inch.

    .....

  • I do think the shards we get should be 2750 for all the days or at lease 1000 not 500

  • I bought the Felix skin with cells, since that’s the only way to get it lol or so I thought! It doesn’t show me since I already have it but did it go on sale for shards too? Cause if so I’m gunna feel pretty ripped off lmao

  • @GorgonDorgon said:

    I bought the Felix skin with cells, since that’s the only way to get it lol or so I thought! It doesn’t show me since I already have it but did it go on sale for shards too? Cause if so I’m gunna feel pretty ripped off lmao

    I'm sorry. Yes, it's on sale for shards.

  • Yikes. That actually really blows, thanks for letting me know though

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703129#Comment_1703129

    Thanks for clearing that up. Then I take back what I said earlier in the post. Now it just seems 100% a scummy move to pull after people bought the outfit Day 1, even with the log-in bonuses being added.

    Yeah it is really scummy I got the only other skin that cost cells (Felix) besides ghostface and now you can get it with shards. It’s so dumb I feel like I literally just wasted my money

  • If they were going to go on sale soon after release, why not make it so it costs less from the time where it was released to where they wanted it to end. This whole event is confusing as it sucks, the add ons sucks, and even the challenges are a bit hard. I am not complaining about how this whole event was a mistake, it’s how they hyped up the event.

  • Sales can happen at variable dates, so that's on those who spent what they had at the time, me included. Our patience wasn't anticipating this to happen.

  • What an easily avoidable customer relations debacle this is.

    If the point of retroactively deciding to give everyone a free skin is to raise morale and sow good feelings in the community, I think the smart thing to do -- and the kind thing to do -- would be to refund the extra shards.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1702334#Comment_1702334

    I dunno. Way back when I first got DBD I bought all of it, all DLC (up to Clown, Spirit wasn't out yet) downloaded it and played. Within the week it was discounted. All of it. So I called and got a refund to make up the difference. Granted though, that refund was in the form of codes to add funds to the PS Store. But I already spent that money on the store so it was fine. So maybe you can't really call it a refund, but I consider it as much.

    Giving store credit instead of money back is not a good refund policy, it ensures the seller that they get to keep your money no matter what, so of course they are more than happy to "compensate" for your loss because in the end, that money is spent and they get to keep it, does not matter what you end up buying with it. However, if you are okay with that, then sure, no one loses in the end because you were going to spend that money on their products anyway.

  • Hopefully they'll do something, but likely they won't do a thing

  • Like the title says. Me and many other people out there already spent their hardearned shards on these new cosmetics when they came out just to be told a couple of days later that there's an unexpected discount for them. I feel sincerely cheated by this.

    Will there be partial refunds? I haven't heard a single statement from BHVR regarding this.

  • i wasted 13k for nothing. thanks bhvr

  • According to screenshots of support messages from people who tried getting a refund, it seems like you're out of luck. You're getting the finger.

  • @Pawcelot said:

    According to screenshots of support messages from people who tried getting a refund, it seems like you're out of luck. You're getting the finger.

    Support staff are almost certainly not allowed to override such a policy, someone higher up will have to make that decision.

  • I couldn't be arsed saving up the ######### k to buy the Nurse outfit so I just bought it with Auric Cells lol

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1702184#Comment_1702184

    I think they should have serum to earn the outfits and that David's should atleast be on free part of rift instead of paid when you have to grind for it. However, the sale for these cosmetics was announced in the blog post about the Halloween event on the 21st, it wasn't something they just sprung on everyone.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/L1HF0FZG5LJ0/screenshot-20201023-155809.png

    You are aware that the new collection is actually the Hallowed Curse collection yes? The discount offered in that image is for all the old Blighted costumes from the last two Halloween events. Hilariously the items it IS actually talking about are still not on sale, so it's still incorrect.

  • Made an account just to say that I wasted 16k Shards on the Legion outfit since you've now tried to minimize damage control by discounting the new skins. Do the right thing and refund everyone who bought the outfits prior to the discount. Shame on you.

  • Im sorry but i can't get over this so i have to bring it up again.

    Why are the people who bought the skins earlier (i'd say a lot of us even waited for the official confirm of no serum in the battle pass this year) and who are actually supporting the game now beeing punished with the skin discount?

    Some of us buy the chapters with real money and save the shards for cool outfits, while others bought the new cosmetics with cells and now could get them so much cheaper for shards. Im honestly speechless. We were actually supporting the game, even when some of us aren't happy at all with the ways the game is going but still hoping for the best and now we feel like getting backstabbed.

    Having the playerbase complain about the event is bad, but punishing some of them by trying to fix that is even worse. This is such a harsh feeling of betrayal that i can't get over with. I really can't.

    I really hope you reconsider your desicion and don't screw some of us over in such a bad and unnessecary way.

  • I would have expected this kind of practice from EA or Tencent maybe, but BHVR? Seriously? That's such a low blow.

  • Hey,


    i really appreciate that the Skins are now available for 9k shards, its a great deal especially there is no Event currency this Year.


    BUT a big BUT, it is really sad that people who spent already 21k for a outfit are just got slapped in the Face. For sure there may be enought people who says: just farm new ones. But iam a casual player i have a fulltime job and cant spent that much time on the gamy anymore (even if i want to). I had get from my 21k shards, atleast 2 outfits now,...its is pretty hard for me to get to 21k shards. So refund the people who spent that much on just ONE outfit.


    Thank you.

  • Commenting so it stays on top

    I spent 21k shards and wasted 12k for a full set while others get it for 9K the very next day.

    This is such a slap in the face for all the hours spent to grinding those shards

    Even with the 10k shards total they give as a daily logging reward I still lost shards

  • What? This price only lasts during the Halloween Event, smells like toxic entitlement to me.

  • oh boy if im pissed knowing that i only bought 1 piece before the sale i cant even imagine how the people who spent the whole 21k are feeling right now

  • I just got the Feng and Legion skins so. #########

  • @dastru said:

    oh boy if im pissed knowing that i only bought 1 piece before the sale i cant even imagine how the people who spent the whole 21k are feeling right now


    Well I can tell you how: I'm on the verge of qutting the game for good, if they don't refund the difference between the original price and the discounted price (and I'm not talking about login bonuses, I'm talking about getting my iri shards back that I grinded for months).

    I stopped playing the game for about 4 weeks after I finished the last tome (which also was quite a grind, but anyway), and was about to return now, but depending on how this situation plays out I might leave for good (after roughly 2400 hours and doing every tome until now).

    You may ask why. Because I don't like being treated like that.

  • Wasn't there a notice that said skins were going on sale today? They said it a couple of days ago. Granted I don't think they specifically stated which skins would be on sale but...

  • @Pizzaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703913#Comment_1703913

    Well I can tell you how: I'm on the verge of qutting the game for good, if they don't refund the difference between the original price and the discounted price (and I'm not talking about login bonuses, I'm talking about getting my iri shards back that I grinded for months).

    I stopped playing the game for about 4 weeks after I finished the last tome (which also was quite a grind, but anyway), and was about to return now, but depending on how this situation plays out I might leave for good (after roughly 2400 hours and doing every tome until now).

    You may ask why. Because I don't like being treated like that.

    I feel the same way. I won't quit playing the game but I refuse to buy anymore cosmetics unless we're refunded because I don't want to be treated this way.

    @ALostPuppy said:

    Wasn't there a notice that said skins were going on sale today? They said it a couple of days ago. Granted I don't think they specifically stated which skins would be on sale but...

    That's a different sale. It was actually meant to go live yesterday but got delayed and should go live today. I'm sure they would have mentioned that the new Halloween cosmetics were going to go on sale if they intended for them to be since they stated the old Halloween ones will. the discounts on the new cosmetics doesn't have anything to do with that sale

  • @spodamayn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703933#Comment_1703933

    I feel the same way. I won't quit playing the game but I refuse to buy anymore cosmetics unless we're refunded because I don't want to be treated this way.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1703940#Comment_1703940

    That's a different sale. It was actually meant to go live yesterday but got delayed and should go live today. I'm sure they would have mentioned that the new Halloween cosmetics were going to go on sale if they intended for them to be since they stated the old Halloween ones will. the discounts on the new cosmetics doesn't have anything to do with that sale

    Oh right...well that's pretty dumb of them lmao. Would be a good move from BHVR to refund the amount of shards they overpaid by because they essentially were scammed, but I don't think that's gonna happen

  • I just lost all my respect for them by reading that they wont compensate players for this. Who in the devils name puts NEW skins on sale? And even more a few days after release? I wont be buying more from BHVR from this point on. No more games, DLCs and no more cosmetics. They dont deserve support when they act like this.

  • @Ghost_Face_Main said:

    Sales can happen at variable dates, so that's on those who spent what they had at the time, me included. Our patience wasn't anticipating this to happen.

    Tell me. How do you anticipate BHVR doing a ~60% Iridescent Shard discount, something they've never done before, two days after the skins are released? You can't and you shouldn't be expected to.

  • image.png

    fingers crossed if enough people put in support tickets and make a racket on the socials something might get done but i'm not massively hopeful if i'm honest

  • @madminer95 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0Q2O2VIHTWJV/image.png

    fingers crossed if enough people put in support tickets and make a racket on the socials something might get done but i'm not massively hopeful if i'm honest

    I don't think we'll get as many people complaining as those that bashed the event before but I've seen a bunch of posts on reddit and a lot of tweets about it, plus we have this thread so it's a good start I think. It just depends on if people let it go and move on easily. I personally won't be buying anymore cosmetics due to this screwup. I think if BHVR realizes that enough people will react in the same way they'll try their best to issue refunds.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1702958#Comment_1702958

    "im not going to forget everything" - what exactly are you referring to here? there is nothing they tried to make up for by giving the discount, so what is there that, in your opinion, they need to be forgiven for?

    and your support ticket may still be "pending", but you got the answer - you even posted it here. the answer is "no refunds". they've always done it that way and this case is highly unlikely to change that.

    and i am "losing my precious time posting here", because i want to.

    good to see that you can not handle critisism though.

    Not forgetting that they did a scummy move. I could also include some personal experiences with bhvr but i don't think it's fair.

    The people working on the Ticket system just follow a rule book, what i'm saying about "waiting for a official statement" is to someone from the main team acknowledges that they fricked their most loyal players and what they are going to do about it.

    Also i don't think there is any kind of criticism here because i posted what i think they should do. I see our conversation more like a useless argument that no one is going to win or anything because your opinion has nothing to do with the spirit of the thread.

    I'm not fighting you or anything man, i just want to see if Behavior is going to do the right thing instead of defend themselves with the User Agreement.

    That's all.

  • Well... now I'm happy I bought 2 sets with auric cells I got due to a bug. But I can understand the frustration wery well.

  • Thankfully I waited, but I feel so bad for all of the players who grinded game after game to earn enough shards to purchase these skins, only for these skins to go on sale. There's absolutely no reason why BHVR can't refund shards back to players' accounts.

    If the sale went live at the start of the Halloween event then that would be one thing, but it didn't. BHVR, you have a moral responsibility to do right by your players. We spend money every 3 months for DLC, we spend even more money on rift passes and cosmetics. Backing all this up with strong customer support is the least you could do.

  • @PlantCollector said:

    Im sorry but i can't get over this so i have to bring it up again.

    Why are the people who bought the skins earlier (i'd say a lot of us even waited for the official confirm of no serum in the battle pass this year) and who are actually supporting the game now beeing punished with the skin discount?

    Some of us buy the chapters with real money and save the shards for cool outfits, while others bought the new cosmetics with cells and now could get them so much cheaper for shards. Im honestly speechless. We were actually supporting the game, even when some of us aren't happy at all with the ways the game is going but still hoping for the best and now we feel like getting backstabbed.

    Having the playerbase complain about the event is bad, but punishing some of them by trying to fix that is even worse. This is such a harsh feeling of betrayal that i can't get over with. I really can't.

    I really hope you reconsider your desicion and don't screw some of us over in such a bad and unnessecary way.

    For exemple, last time i played dbd was one month ago because i got burned out by grinding level 70 rift. I don't follow BHVR on any platform nor access the forum everyday because i don't want to know more about the game.

    I came back when the new rift was released, played some days and decided to spent 42k on 2 skins because i don't have any cosmetics for yui or Feng even that i don't play with them. I didn't even saw people talking ######### about the event the only thing i heard was one of my friends who mostly play with me saying that there was no serum this year. Idk how people are saying that "we should predicted or they talked about the sale" just dumb.

    Then they changed the prices for 9k from nothing and i think the right thing to do is to refund every single person who bought it during the normal price.

    @madminer95 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0Q2O2VIHTWJV/image.png

    fingers crossed if enough people put in support tickets and make a racket on the socials something might get done but i'm not massively hopeful if i'm honest

    That's what i'm saying. If you don't complain about it they are not going to give us at least a explanation.

  • Scumbag behavior gonna scum

  • Kind of funny the say they've "heard" our complaints about the event yet I don't see a dev symbol to say they've replied to this discussion.

    Wonder will they just ignore these discussions?

  • Yea... i bought the Legion and Blight halloween skins at full price too, because i was like... maybe later they add the vials and i can use these vials to get the old ones and then if i buy them now i can get more halloween skins...


    but now they make this discount, who make 2 skins cheaper than just buy one at full price.

    wich is nice, if they give us the difference... but no, they don't, and this make me sad...


    i also send a ticked asking for get the price difference back, and get the same answer.... but that answer no have sense, i mean, if they can inject currency to accounts who say they lost progress by a bug, who stop them to inject currency now? nothing.


    they just don't want to do it, and is very unfair.



    and no, the dailys don't solve this

    if people who buy them early don't get the difference back means the ones who buy them now ends with more shards, why they deserve more shards? is not fair.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Kind of funny the say they've "heard" our complaints about the event yet I don't see a dev symbol to say they've replied to this discussion.

    Wonder will they just ignore these discussions?

    My prediction is: a mod is going to post here the link to another post where a dev acknowledge the problem and they are not going to do anything about it.

    @Yogerman1997 said:

    Yea... i bought the Legion and Blight halloween skins at full price too, because i was like... maybe later they add the vials and i can use these vials to get the old ones and then if i buy them now i can get more halloween skins...

    but now they make this discount, who make 2 skins cheaper than just buy one at full price.

    wich is nice, if they give us the difference... but no, they don't, and this make me sad...

    i also send a ticked asking for get the price difference back, and get the same answer.... but that answer no have sense, i mean, if they can inject currency to accounts who say they lost progress by a bug, who stop them to inject currency now? nothing.

    they just don't want to do it, and is very unfair.

    and no, the dailys don't solve this

    if people who buy them early don't get the difference back means the ones who buy them now ends with more shards, why they deserve more shards? is not fair.

    I never saw their giving iridescent shards to people but i never saw sale on iridescent shards sets so... the fair thing is just refund everybody who bought for 21k.

    Simple as that.

  • They did it guys. Outfits are out for 9k shards now and no response for the ones that already bought it. Thanks devs for [Bad WORD] us over.

  • wait so you used free currency to buy two full halloween outfits and now you're mad they're giving you enough shards for a third halloween outfit you also don't have to pay for? and you want a refund.. on your free currency.. so you can get more outfits for free? 👁‍🗨👄👁‍🗨

    i paid $10 for the yui outfit before i knew, but now i can get the feng outfit for free. that's.. not something to complain about.

  • @hagling said:

    wait so you used free currency to buy two full halloween outfits and now you're mad they're giving you enough shards for a third halloween outfit you also don't have to pay for? and you want a refund.. on your free currency.. so you can get more outfits for free? 👁‍🗨👄👁‍🗨

    i paid $10 for the yui outfit before i knew, but now i can get the feng outfit for free. that's.. not something to complain about.

    It's not "free". But you already know that.

    Also, it's great for you that you feel like this situation is Ok, but don't pretend everybody has to feel that way. And yes, indeed, it's pretty much a situation where people HAVE to complain.

  • @hagling said:

    wait so you used free currency to buy two full halloween outfits and now you're mad they're giving you enough shards for a third halloween outfit you also don't have to pay for? and you want a refund.. on your free currency.. so you can get more outfits for free? 👁‍🗨👄👁‍🗨

    i paid $10 for the yui outfit before i knew, but now i can get the feng outfit for free. that's.. not something to complain about.


    is free currency, but imagine you are a new player somehow manage to have exactly 21.600K

    and this halloween he says... well... atleast i can buy one, just to the next day he get slaped in the face with that discount, he will be able to have 2 skins and still extra shards to buy 1 part from another, but because they dont want to give us the price difference he can't.

    also, the difference between both prices is very big, even if we have slighty more shards to still can buy 2-3 skins don't change the fact that hurt, a lot of hours farming them throwed to the trash...

    is not fair.

  • @hagling said:

    wait so you used free currency to buy two full halloween outfits and now you're mad they're giving you enough shards for a third halloween outfit you also don't have to pay for? and you want a refund.. on your free currency.. so you can get more outfits for free? 👁‍🗨👄👁‍🗨

    i paid $10 for the yui outfit before i knew, but now i can get the feng outfit for free. that's.. not something to complain about.

    No, i'm not mad.

    The whole point is: I bought 2 skins for 21k each and one day later they are 9k each. So i want a refund not only for me but everybody who bought for 21k. This has nothing with the free Iridescent and Bloodpoints.

    Also iridescent shards are free currency but is earned by playing the game. If you lost hundreds of hours you would be requesting the same thing.

    Just try to put yourself in the other people shoes before trashtalking.

    Thanks and good luck.

1 2 3 4 5 6 … 8