Well, don't I look stupid?

Yesterday, I made a post saying while the Dev's sometimes make dumbass decisions, we should still appreciate what the game has managed to do.

Yeah, not anymore. BHVR, you've surprised me yet again. Let's recap.

You BUY this game.

You have to BUY all the DLC's, and even if you don't it takes hours and hours to grind for a single character - and that's not including the licensed characters.

You have to BUY any of the usual cosmetics in the store.

You have to BUY what is by far the worst implemented Battlepass I've ever seen, but with by far the worst skins they've made in awhile.

So with how much of this game you have to outright buy you're telling they couldn't manage to give two free skins?

TWO? I know this probably didn't come from the Dev's themselves and probably some higherup, but it doesn't change the fact that somebody thought this was a good idea. Who in their right mind would look at this event and think it's fine? But hey, at least we get a pretty cool Legion skin, right?

I try to at least think about why they do things, but this is nothing but pure unadulterated greed. I can't think of another single reason they would do this. The worst thing is, they probably won't say a single, goddamn thing. And if they do, it'll be a measly little bull apology without doing anything to change the ######### thing they've done. Yeah, time to quit again - and this time I don't know if I'm coming back. Along with this, the incredibly bad optimization for consoles - BHVR has somehow become one of the worst, most money grubbing companies I've seen in a while. Hopefully, BHVR realizes just what the hell they are doing to their game, but somehow I doubt it.

Edit: Yes, you only buy a lot of the stuff if you want it - completely fair argument for my post. I am just so irritated by this "event", and the fact that it really doesn't feel like the devs care about the community at this point.

Comments

  • **clap clap**

    Took the words right out of my mouth

  • Oh nononono, they're so generous all the time, we only buy the base game, battle passes, dlc and cosmetics. It's obvious they have to make atleast something greedily ! Oh wait, it's all just greed greed greed.

  • I feel ya. I check back here often but I haven't played since pre-blight over console issues. I was ready to reinstall if the Halloween event looked semi-decent, 15 FPS or not but nah, especially now performance is worse. Again.

    And I used to be pretty supportive of the devs but you spend enough time around this game that usually fades...

  • People need to wake up and see BHVR for what they are. They're blinded by corporate greed and every action they take in the game is so that they can make more money.

    But remember! Its all optional.

  • Inb4 merged and moved to the void that is Feedback and Suggestions.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I wouldnt have a problem witg the pass if the skins were better and more unique..

  • "You have to BUY what is by far the worst implemented Battlepass I've ever seen"

    Not agreeing or disagreeing, but Magic Arena still holds the crown for me.

  • well i'm out of word, i'll just add they added a limited cosmetic when you have to watch streamers to get a code, like lmao they said no more of that but look where we are. and yes it was coming with the item in archive that cannot be obtain elswhere (they broke their promises)

  • @Aneurysm said:

    I feel ya. I check back here often but I haven't played since pre-blight over console issues. I was ready to reinstall if the Halloween event looked semi-decent, 15 FPS or not but nah, especially now performance is worse. Again.

    And I used to be pretty supportive of the devs but you spend enough time around this game that usually fades...

    I just don't even know how to defend or be supportive of the devs at this point. There is nothing good that can be said about this.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    I wouldnt have a problem witg the pass if the skins were better and more unique..

    I honestly feel like the skins in the Rift were afterthoughts.

  • @TAG said:

    "You have to BUY what is by far the worst implemented Battlepass I've ever seen"

    Not agreeing or disagreeing, but Magic Arena still holds the crown for me.

    To be fair, I think most battlepasses are poorly implemented, so I wouldn't be surprised if other games have done it worse. Doesn't change anything.

  • Be careful what you say man, they are going to merge you into the superthread to not have this shown.

    But yep, took the words out of everyone's mouth. Couldn't agree more.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694775#Comment_1694775

    To be fair, I think most battlepasses are poorly implemented, so I wouldn't be surprised if other games have done it worse. Doesn't change anything.

    Magic Arena has the dubious distinction of capping how much progress you can make in the battlepass track in a week.

  • @Gnomechopski said:

    Be careful what you say man, they are going to merge you into the superthread to not have this shown.

    But yep, took the words out of everyone's mouth. Couldn't agree more.

    Wouldn't be surprised at this point. I'm not trying to blame the mods, but maybe there's a reason so many posts are being made about this?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694793#Comment_1694793

    Magic Arena has the dubious distinction of capping how much progress you can make in the battlepass track in a week.

    Yeowch. Okay, as mad as I am, that's worse.

  • When it comes to introducing new content to keep players coming back and spending time on the game they really couldn't give any less of a ######### anymore LOL. This new event and monetisation is actually laughable. Granted it's not like we're spending $8 on an in-game fridge or anything but they're not far off.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    When it comes to introducing new content to keep players coming back and spending time on the game they really couldn't give any less of a ######### anymore LOL. This new event and monetisation is actually laughable. Granted it's not like we're spending $8 on an in-game fridge or anything but they're not far off.

    Fallout 76 reference?

  • Yep, that game takes the cake for the worst monetisation I've ever seen. Bethesda's pricing strategy for that game is obscene. Since release they got exponentially worse with it and now it's at an all-time low. To me it's still the single worst game of all time and probably always will be, and it and Fallout 4 are a disgrace to the Fallout franchise as a whole.

  • Preach it.

    And they can't hide behind the Indie Game Dev Facade anymore

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Yesterday, I made a post saying while the Dev's sometimes make dumbass decisions, we should still appreciate what the game has managed to do.

    Yeah, not anymore. BHVR, you've surprised me yet again. Let's recap.

    You BUY this game.

    You have to BUY all the DLC's, and even if you don't it takes hours and hours to grind for a single character - and that's not including the licensed characters.

    You have to BUY any of the usual cosmetics in the store.

    You have to BUY what is by far the worst implemented Battlepass I've ever seen, but with by far the worst skins they've made in awhile.

    So with how much of this game you have to outright buy you're telling they couldn't manage to give two free skins?

    TWO? I know this probably didn't come from the Dev's themselves and probably some higherup, but it doesn't change the fact that somebody thought this was a good idea. Who in their right mind would look at this event and think it's fine? But hey, at least we get a pretty cool Legion skin, right?

    I try to at least think about why they do things, but this is nothing but pure unadulterated greed. I can't think of another single reason they would do this. The worst thing is, they probably won't say a single, goddamn thing. And if they do, it'll be a measly little bull apology without doing anything to change the ######### thing they've done. Yeah, time to quit again - and this time I don't know if I'm coming back. Along with this, the incredibly bad optimization for consoles - BHVR has somehow become one of the worst, most money grubbing companies I've seen in a while. Hopefully, BHVR realizes just what the hell they are doing to their game, but somehow I doubt it.

    It is about time you joined the party!

  • I'm genuinely surprised this hasn't been moved to the void. Preach, brother.

  • Well small correction, you don't HAVE to buy cosmetics or the battlepass

    Do agree with the rest though. It's a double shame as the new blighted skins are the best ones yet. Even being able to get one for free without having to clock 500 ingame hours would have been nice

    I'm not sure if all the budget is going into updating the new maps but there seems to be a pretty obvious decrease in effort as far as events go since they started with it

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    Inb4 merged and moved to the void that is Feedback and Suggestions.

    a classic one pulled out by the mods here. Damage control? Or just white knights? Idk, but its clear the merging and moving those posts somewhere else is nearly like just deleting them.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Well small correction, you don't HAVE to buy cosmetics or the battlepass

    Do agree with the rest though. It's a double shame as the new blighted skins are the best ones yet. Even being able to get one for free without having to clock 500 ingame hours would have been nice

    I'm not sure if all the budget is going into updating the new maps but there seems to be a pretty obvious decrease in effort as far as events go since they started with it

    most of the money is going towards new maps, new cosmetics, and the battlepass. They are not spending much money in anything else.

  • @LowSpecGamersMatter said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694755#Comment_1694755

    a classic one pulled out by the mods here. Damage control? Or just white knights? Idk, but its clear the merging and moving those posts somewhere else is nearly like just deleting them.

    especially it's moved to the feedback section, who's go there on a regular basic? no one of course not me at least

  • I realize that they aren't required to give us stuff for free, but considering that the first Halloween rift was full of good stuff, including the chance to get some of the older Halloween skins, this one is pretty disappointing, and the free track is pretty empty.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    I realize that they aren't required to give us stuff for free, but considering that the first Halloween rift was full of good stuff, including the chance to get some of the older Halloween skins, this one is pretty disappointing, and the free track is pretty empty.

    of course, but they give us less, that mean what it means

  • the event is pointless right now going play Ys.

  • Im irritated about the event add ons. Its exactly what this game needed. Faster survivors 🙄

  • I was excited to jump back in after a week or so off but the Rift is extremely underwhelming and repetitive already.

    The rewards do not interest me in the slightest. ooh a slightly different shade of green wraith/hag cosmetic awesome.

    The most underwhelming mid chapter patch they've ever released with some extremely bizarre perk changes. (Discordance/Pop "reworked" but DS still the same. What? Also a complete afterthought addition to an already overused perk WGLF)

    I'll give them credit for not making pustulas as gamebreaking this time thanks to them being tied to challenges. But yeah. This sucks.

    Hopefully the next killer is another BLight and not a DISASTER that gets boring after 2 games like Pyramid Head or Deathslinger. If so I may have to take another extended break to preserve my love for the game.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Well small correction, you don't HAVE to buy cosmetics or the battlepass

    Do agree with the rest though. It's a double shame as the new blighted skins are the best ones yet. Even being able to get one for free without having to clock 500 ingame hours would have been nice

    I'm not sure if all the budget is going into updating the new maps but there seems to be a pretty obvious decrease in effort as far as events go since they started with it

    That's completely true, I didn't really mean to phrase it like that. What I really mean is that if you want a skin, you have to buy it - which is fine, but for an event like this, where we've gotten skins for free in the past before? No.

  • @Aldofer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694983#Comment_1694983

    especially it's moved to the feedback section, who's go there on a regular basic? no one of course not me at least

    Im there maybe once every 3 months... by accident.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    I realize that they aren't required to give us stuff for free, but considering that the first Halloween rift was full of good stuff, including the chance to get some of the older Halloween skins, this one is pretty disappointing, and the free track is pretty empty.

    Imo we deserve to get some stuff for free, especially for halloween. BHVR is big has hundreds of millions dollars saved... DUE TO US (the community) supporting them by buying the game, DLCs, Skins and rifts.. Let alone a HORROR Game genre like DbD has really ONE event in a year to shine: Halloween.

    Apex Legends, a shooter game for free has better Halloween event. And its a freakin battle royale shooter. for FREE.

    4 years of support is not worth a couple free skins on halloween? Just shows how much they value us.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694935#Comment_1694935

    Yep, that game takes the cake for the worst monetisation I've ever seen. Bethesda's pricing strategy for that game is obscene. Since release they got exponentially worse with it and now it's at an all-time low. To me it's still the single worst game of all time and probably always will be, and it and Fallout 4 are a disgrace to the Fallout franchise as a whole.

    Disagree, I believe fallout 4 was great from both gameplay and story. not the most modern engine, but I consider it one of the best games I have ever played.

  • @SeeAndWait said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694957#Comment_1694957

    Disagree, I believe fallout 4 was great from both gameplay and story. not the most modern engine, but I consider it one of the best games I have ever played.

    Then you never played Fallout 3 or New Vegas.

  • yes, it was my first fallout game. I did not have any intention to play it. But I am glad that I did.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694935#Comment_1694935

    Yep, that game takes the cake for the worst monetisation I've ever seen. Bethesda's pricing strategy for that game is obscene. Since release they got exponentially worse with it and now it's at an all-time low. To me it's still the single worst game of all time and probably always will be, and it and Fallout 4 are a disgrace to the Fallout franchise as a whole.

    Gonna be totally honest, I had to look that up because I didn't believe you.

    Nope, sure enough, they tried selling people a $7 fridge. It had a in-game benefit too.

    What a joke.

    @weirdkid5 said:

    Inb4 merged and moved to the void that is Feedback and Suggestions.

    Or they'll just stop having comments bump it to the top of General Discussions.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694957#Comment_1694957

    Gonna be totally honest, I had to look that up because I didn't believe you.

    Nope, sure enough, they tried selling people a $7 fridge. It had a in-game benefit too.

    What a joke.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1694755#Comment_1694755

    Or they'll just stop having comments bump it to the top of General Discussions.

    Kinda like they did to a thread I made last year about restoring Legacy lmao

  • @weirdkid5 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695105#Comment_1695105

    Kinda like they did to a thread I made last year about restoring Legacy lmao

    Or threads complaining about how they removed the console complaint megathread.

  • @NomiNomad said:

    Yesterday, I made a post saying while the Dev's sometimes make dumbass decisions, we should still appreciate what the game has managed to do.

    Yeah, not anymore. BHVR, you've surprised me yet again. Let's recap.

    You BUY this game.

    You have to BUY all the DLC's, and even if you don't it takes hours and hours to grind for a single character - and that's not including the licensed characters.

    You have to BUY any of the usual cosmetics in the store.

    You have to BUY what is by far the worst implemented Battlepass I've ever seen, but with by far the worst skins they've made in awhile.

    So with how much of this game you have to outright buy you're telling they couldn't manage to give two free skins?

    TWO? I know this probably didn't come from the Dev's themselves and probably some higherup, but it doesn't change the fact that somebody thought this was a good idea. Who in their right mind would look at this event and think it's fine? But hey, at least we get a pretty cool Legion skin, right?

    I try to at least think about why they do things, but this is nothing but pure unadulterated greed. I can't think of another single reason they would do this. The worst thing is, they probably won't say a single, goddamn thing. And if they do, it'll be a measly little bull apology without doing anything to change the ######### thing they've done. Yeah, time to quit again - and this time I don't know if I'm coming back. Along with this, the incredibly bad optimization for consoles - BHVR has somehow become one of the worst, most money grubbing companies I've seen in a while. Hopefully, BHVR realizes just what the hell they are doing to their game, but somehow I doubt it.

    I want to start by saying I am not employed by BHVR, nor is any member of my family (or any of my friends for that matter). I want to remind everyone that they are a business. Selling us the game, DLC, and cosmetics is their only revenue stream. The fact that they give us anything free at all is a net loss to them. They give free stuff out frequently enough. I play a lot of video games. This one is probably the least expensive one. I have to wonder about the entitlement I hear in posts like these. The ironic thing is BHVR is also paying for this very Forum which you are complaining about them on. Crazy right?

    I want to remind everyone that you do not pay a subscription fee. You bought the game but pay nothing for the upkeep of the servers, the site, etc. Once you buy in you can play for as long as the game exists. Nothing requires you to buy new Killers, new Survivors, or all these cosmetics. Do you want to know how many cosmetics I've bought? Well, you probably don't care, but I've bought zero. I don't buy make-believe outfits. I'll take and use the free stuff. I'm not, however, going to complain about them not giving me enough free stuff.

    Take a step back, take a deep breath, and think about this situation and your expectations. They are not reasonable.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/199522/well-dont-i-look-stupid

    I want to start by saying I am not employed by BHVR, nor is any member of my family (or any of my friends for that matter). I want to remind everyone that they are a business. Selling us the game, DLC, and cosmetics is their only revenue stream. The fact that they give us anything free at all is a net loss to them. They give free stuff out frequently enough. I play a lot of video games. This one is probably the least expensive one. I have to wonder about the entitlement I hear in posts like these. The ironic thing is BHVR is also paying for this very Forum which you are complaining about them on. Crazy right?

    I want to remind everyone that you do not pay a subscription fee. You bought the game but pay nothing for the upkeep of the servers, the site, etc. Once you buy in you can play for as long as the game exists. Nothing requires you to buy new Killers, new Survivors, or all these cosmetics. Do you want to know how many cosmetics I've bought? Well, you probably don't care, but I've bought zero. I don't buy make-believe outfits. I'll take and use the free stuff. I'm not, however, going to complain about them not giving me enough free stuff.

    Take a step back, take a deep breath, and think about this situation and your expectations. They are not reasonable.

    Releasing things for free doesn't use up resources, and is therefore not a loss. Programming for an event is not something with a limited resource, especially when you have millions of dollars already (and you could just repeat successful ones). It's only a loss if they look at it from the company standpoint: "If we're not selling it, we're losing money."

    We paid for the game, and we expect to be treated more like a community than trash that will eat up anything.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695141#Comment_1695141

    Releasing things for free doesn't use up resources, and is therefore not a loss. It's only a loss if they look at it from the company standpoint: "If we're not selling it, we're losing money."

    We paid for the game, and we expect to be treated more like a community than trash that will eat up anything.

    Creating things uses resources and costs money.

  • In the real world, yes. But when talking about creating cosmetics using community art, or just repeating an event that was successful (like just repeating the 2018 Hallowed Blight event with a few spicy cosmetics) online? They aren't physical, and it doesn't cost jack unless you count time. They don't hire employees to just make events, it's a courtesy, so I'm not counting them as such.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695141#Comment_1695141

    Releasing things for free doesn't use up resources, and is therefore not a loss. It's only a loss if they look at it from the company standpoint: "If we're not selling it, we're losing money."

    We paid for the game, and we expect to be treated more like a community than trash that will eat up anything.

    What planet do you live on? On Earth, free stuff, even simple cosmetics, require man-hours to create, resources to pay for man-hours, and so on. There isn't a Cosmetic Fairy that zaps them into existence. The difference between you and I is that I realize they are a business, and their business is selling us the game, DLC, and cosmetics. Every free thing they give us undercuts the same type of thing they could sell.

  • This perfectly sums up the shitshow of an event we have right now and the greediness of BHVR.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695173#Comment_1695173

    What planet do you live on? On Earth, free stuff, even simple cosmetics, require man-hours to create, resources to pay for man-hours, and so on. There isn't a Cosmetic Fairy that zaps them into existence. The difference between you and I is that I realize they are a business, and their business is selling us the game, DLC, and cosmetics. Every free thing they give us undercuts the same type of thing they could sell.

    The problem is the montenization in this game is akin to that of a F2P. This isn't a F2P, however.

    If it was, many of these complaints would be null and void.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695173#Comment_1695173

    What planet do you live on? On Earth, free stuff, even simple cosmetics, require man-hours to create, resources to pay for man-hours, and so on. There isn't a Cosmetic Fairy that zaps them into existence. The difference between you and I is that I realize they are a business, and their business is selling us the game, DLC, and cosmetics. Every free thing they give us undercuts the same type of thing they could sell.

    That's an extremely stupid way to look at it. These events don't cost jack to make other than time, and I don't count courtesy events towards people's salaries. The difference between you and I is that I'm not a suck-up to a company that is likely worth nearly $1B at this point.

    Maybe you're reading me wrong: it costs them nothing because they already are rich as all hell, and they just want to get money out of something that's supposed to be for the community.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1695187#Comment_1695187

    That's an extremely stupid way to look at it. These events don't cost jack to make other than time, and I don't count courtesy events towards people's salaries. The difference between you and I is that I'm not a suck-up to a company that is likely worth nearly $1B at this point.

    So you're disregarding the actual costs (salaries) and then saying that besides the costs you disregarded, things don't cost anything. Do I have that right?

‹ 1 2