All Rift Challenges completed = only Tier 60?

So this is the second time I've completed a Tome while having a pretty time-consuming job, the previous one being the very first Tome to be released in DbD.

It's also the second time I've only made it to tier 60 out of 70 in the Rift Pass even after completing all challenges in the Tome.

So how is it we're on Tome 5, but the Fragments/XP you earn is still no different?

By now, I was hoping there would have been a small change to the amount, or at least a few opportunities to snag bonus shards. But nope. Exactly the same as T1, maybe even harder in this one.

Now true, I don't have to pay for it, nobody's forcing me. And yeah, the devs are aiming to make a profit somehow, I get that. But now if I want to make it to 70, I either have to grind the absolute hell out of the game for single Frags in less than three days (and even then I'm not sure I'd make it in time), or pay for tiers, neither of which are particularly enticing choices.

Obviously this is on purpose so if we really want to complete it, we'd have to pay for more Auric Cells, which means more money for them even after you've payed for the Premium track. But as a long-time fan of this weird whacky game, it's a little disheartening to see such a disappointing practice in play.

There are much more pressing issues in the game than this, and I know I've already posted about this in the past so I won't mention it again after today. But when something like this happens twice for one player, it's likely happened twice for many of you. I think I speak for most DbD players, especially those of us who don't have the time to grind our butts off, when I ask:

Would one, and I mean just ONE, double Frags/XP weekend really be that much of a pain?

(Proof of subject matter below:)

IMG_20201004_143326.jpg IMG_20201004_143328.jpg


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The rift is a problem in itself.

    First you get all the auric cells back and get it for free if completed. This means it has the potential to make no many so of course it has to have some sort of grind aspect to it so only die hard can complete it without paying anything else.

    The whole idea of any of these systems is to make money. Without it bringing in revenue it's not worth paying staff to make it.

    So how do they fix this?

    There are only two options then. Keep it the way it is or they no longer reward all the auric cells for completion and make it easier for all so you have to spend something for each rift.

    The best way to look at the rift imo is to see if what you can achieve is worth the money you are spending. Afterall even making it to say LVL 40 gives more skins that the money paid.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    The rift is a problem in itself.

    First you get all the auric cells back and get it for free if completed. This means it has the potential to make no many so of course it has to have some sort of grind aspect to it so only die hard can complete it without paying anything else.

    The whole idea of any of these systems is to make money. Without it bringing in revenue it's not worth paying staff to make it.

    So how do they fix this?

    There are only two options then. Keep it the way it is or they no longer reward all the auric cells for completion and make it easier for all so you have to spend something for each rift.

    The best way to look at the rift imo is to see if what you can achieve is worth the money you are spending. Afterall even making it to say LVL 40 gives more skins that the money paid.

    I do like that you get the Auric Cells back. But unfortunately, it's very unlikely you actually get them all by just playing the game.

    Uusing COD as comparison is maybe a little unfair, but I'm pretty sure the Modern Warfare 'battle pass' gives you your COD points back with additional points to boot? Not to mention an XP boost in the premium track, COD points in the free track, etc.

    Yes, Activision have a shed load more revenue than Behaviour so free Auric Cells is asking too much. But one simple double shards weekend in the whole Tome (ha. Rhymes are funny) surely wouldn't be too big a loss? If you play during it, more tiers. If you don't play during it, bad luck.

  • yep, this rift was way too grindy.

    i finished mine two days ago and am currently on a break from the game, because i feel burned out from all the grinding i did in order to get it done.


    but the last thing ive heard the devs say about this was that the rift was supposed to be that way, so yeah... i dont really have my hopes up that they will do something about it.

    EDIT:

    a simple first step would be to rework the system that grants rift fragments and, instead of being EXP reliant, just give you one for every game you played.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    The rift is a problem in itself.

    First you get all the auric cells back and get it for free if completed. This means it has the potential to make no many so of course it has to have some sort of grind aspect to it so only die hard can complete it without paying anything else.

    The whole idea of any of these systems is to make money. Without it bringing in revenue it's not worth paying staff to make it.

    So how do they fix this?

    There are only two options then. Keep it the way it is or they no longer reward all the auric cells for completion and make it easier for all so you have to spend something for each rift.

    The best way to look at the rift imo is to see if what you can achieve is worth the money you are spending. Afterall even making it to say LVL 40 gives more skins that the money paid.

    Another option: Make a paid premium-premium version (with a better name than this) that costs more than the premium version, but does not expire. Then add an option to set one tome as active, for only the bought premium-premium passes or the latest release if it is still open to everyone, and let players finish them in their own time.

    Switching between tomes also allows selling bundles to new players / players who didn't finish the old tomes / didn't care about the tomes at the time. "Now in the store for a limited time: Tome 1-5 bundle" or something like that.

    This suggestion isn't new however, here is a thread in "Feedback and Suggestions" from last year with more details and pros and cons:

    @Madjura said:

    Mods: Please do not move this to the PTB subforums. This is more general feedback regarding the battlepass system ("The Rift") and not specific to the PTB. For that reason I feel like this belongs here and not the PTB subforums.

    Once bought, you should be able to complete the different battlepass tracks whenever you want.

    People who can't finish them on time should not have to spend even more money to get the stuff they want. When the next track releases the current one expires, and if someone hasn't finished the old one yet then that will put them behind on the next track.

    I don't even think that Behaviour would lose out on money: With the current system the players might get frustrated after a while and stop buying the battlepasses altogether. If they were able to finish them whenever they wanted, at their leisure, they might keep buying them, and maybe spend money on some of their old tracks to finish them.

    Example: A players has purchased the first two battlepass tracks, and not finished them. The third track releases. The player decides to mark the new track as the active one to progress on it. The player also uses Auric Cells to finish off the first battlepass track to get it out of the way. This is a much more consumer friendly because there is no fear of missing out if that player does not finish it before the next battlepass track releases. Behaviour still makes money from the sale of the three battlepass tracks and the Auric Cells used to finish the first track.

    This way you could even bring back some of the old battlepass tracks that people might have missed out on, for example new players who didn't even play when that specific battlepass released. The way the system is currently set up I don't think this is possible.

    By bringing back old battlepass tracks and letting players choose which track they want to progress on Behaviour can even make more money than with the current system, while at the same time players won't feel like they are missing out. It is more consumer friendly while at the same time allowing Behaviour to make more money off each individual battlepass track release because they can bring the old ones back in the future.

    Example: There is another free weekend. A lot of new players try out the game. Some of them like it and want to buy it. They see the exclusive battlepass cosmetics / charms.

    • Scenario 1: They realize that they can not ever get those items because they did not play when the battlepass track released. Because they can never have all the content due to being new they decide not to buy the game after all.
    • Scenario 2: The old battlepass tracks are put back on sale for the weekend and the week after. The potential new players like the game, like the cosmetics they have seen and buy the game and the old battlepass tracks. Behaviour makes more money and the new players are happy.

    There are two downsides that I can see:

    • the ability to switch between tracks needs to be implemented and I cannot gauge the amount of work required for that so I am not going to comment on that further
    • players may be upset because the battlepass does not give them true exclusives, the charms, as the other cosmetics are going to be put in the store after a while

    Behaviour has decided to not make exclusive (streamer) cosmetics anymore as people were upset that they couldn't get them easily outside of something like purchasing them on eBay for large amounts of money. As the charms appear to be a violation of this new policy I feel like that this is strong support for the implementation of the ability to switch between and complete old battlepass tracks.

    Tl;dr:

    • let players keep all purchased battlepass tracks
    • players can pick one as active, all progress goes towards the active one
    • old battlepass tracks can be sold again in the future, this lets players who didn't play the game yet when they came out to access the cosmetics and charms in it
    • this makes the battlepass more casual-friendly while still allowing Behaviour to make the same amount of money or possibly even more


  • I really dislike that they made this one way more grindy than the last, when I finished the tomes, I still had over 20 tiers left. This one had 47 less fragments than the last one which is around 60 games give or take.

  • Charms are the main issue for me about the rift. They're hard to see on survivors for one, secondly there are so many reskin charms in the rift it's annoying, they clearly just add some charms just to make the rift more of a grind.

  • dev like the grind that for sure.

    they don't have to do it.

  • I actually got level 70 before even getting pas tmy second chapter 4 challenge this time so its nice to have a break before the new one. I do think daily rituals should give 3 or 4 rift fragments each. Heck, only one a day would be great for players with less free time in the long run.

  • Hmm, like you say: they want to make money from it. Maybe they're adjusting the xp required to complete it to try and tempt more people into paying extra to finish it before the deadline.

    I really dislike battle passes because of this; the FOMO approach to getting people to play your game and pay extra feels manipulative.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663127#Comment_1663127

    Another option: Make a paid premium-premium version (with a better name than this) that costs more than the premium version, but does not expire. Then add an option to set one tome as active, for only the bought premium-premium passes or the latest release if it is still open to everyone, and let players finish them in their own time.

    Switching between tomes also allows selling bundles to new players / players who didn't finish the old tomes / didn't care about the tomes at the time. "Now in the store for a limited time: Tome 1-5 bundle" or something like that.

    This suggestion isn't new however, here is a thread in "Feedback and Suggestions" from last year with more details and pros and cons:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95577/battlepass-tracks-should-not-expire-once-bought-players-should-be-able-to-pick-one-as-active

    Thats actually a very good idea bussiness wise.

  • @DrKnockers05 said:

    So this is the second time I've completed a Tome while having a pretty time-consuming job, the previous one being the very first Tome to be released in DbD.

    It's also the second time I've only made it to tier 60 out of 70 in the Rift Pass even after completing all challenges in the Tome.

    So how is it we're on Tome 5, but the Fragments/XP you earn is still no different?

    By now, I was hoping there would have been a small change to the amount, or at least a few opportunities to snag bonus shards. But nope. Exactly the same as T1, maybe even harder in this one.

    Now true, I don't have to pay for it, nobody's forcing me. And yeah, the devs are aiming to make a profit somehow, I get that. But now if I want to make it to 70, I either have to grind the absolute hell out of the game for single Frags in less than three days (and even then I'm not sure I'd make it in time), or pay for tiers, neither of which are particularly enticing choices.

    Obviously this is on purpose so if we really want to complete it, we'd have to pay for more Auric Cells, which means more money for them even after you've payed for the Premium track. But as a long-time fan of this weird whacky game, it's a little disheartening to see such a disappointing practice in play.

    There are much more pressing issues in the game than this, and I know I've already posted about this in the past so I won't mention it again after today. But when something like this happens twice for one player, it's likely happened twice for many of you. I think I speak for most DbD players, especially those of us who don't have the time to grind our butts off, when I ask:

    Would one, and I mean just ONE, double Frags/XP weekend really be that much of a pain?

    (Proof of subject matter below:)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C9ZE5JJ7WAD6/img-20201004-143326.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6HSYHF3KT12O/img-20201004-143328.jpg

    You're lucky I finished the complete tome and i only got to tier 55. the tomes are NOT supposed to give you the whole rift what so ever, and never have. You will still have to put in some extra work and games to get to 70 and always have. tome 4 though has lost many rift fragments for what ever reason (It felt short to me before I started looking at it) in reference to tomes 2 and 3. Like I said, you're lucky! I have had to slog through 6 tiers to get to where you are myself. Just realize nothing is given for free. I don't normally buy the pass till I know I'm close to getting 70 so I don't have to buy tiers but a few things have happened this tome and i've not played as much as before. Ah well.

    I am tired of people thinking that some where it was said that the TOME would give you the whole rift. What is being misconstrued is a combination of the fact the TOMES offer rift fragments to help you complete the Rift and if you buy the pass for the extra, you will get your 1000 Auric Cells back if you complete the rift. no WHERE has anyone said from Behavior that the TOME will complete the RIFT and honestly they've EVEN said it won't!

  • I think an idea that would help and make the game more interesting to play is that when you finish all the challenges available in a tome, then the game starts generating random challenges for you to do. It would help give more challenges to help finish the tome and give a way to spice up gameplay by suggesting random playstyles.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    yep, this rift was way too grindy.

    i finished mine two days ago and am currently on a break from the game, because i feel burned out from all the grinding i did in order to get it done.

    but the last thing ive heard the devs say about this was that the rift was supposed to be that way, so yeah... i dont really have my hopes up that they will do something about it.

    EDIT:

    a simple first step would be to rework the system that grants rift fragments and, instead of being EXP reliant, just give you one for every game you played.

    That's a damn good shout: how tiring it is.

    Devs gotta make their money, I get it. But even if it wasn't about money, it's so much of a grind finishing it, you feel like you need a good long break after. That's less people playing the game, which means less income.

    And yeah, sometimes you don't even get the fragment in the match. In fairness, that likely means you'll get two in the next, so long as you so decently in it.

  • I dont know what you guys actually do, but I finished the Rift without doing 2/3 of the killer challenges two weeks before end.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663127#Comment_1663127

    Another option: Make a paid premium-premium version (with a better name than this) that costs more than the premium version, but does not expire. Then add an option to set one tome as active, for only the bought premium-premium passes or the latest release if it is still open to everyone, and let players finish them in their own time.

    Switching between tomes also allows selling bundles to new players / players who didn't finish the old tomes / didn't care about the tomes at the time. "Now in the store for a limited time: Tome 1-5 bundle" or something like that.

    This suggestion isn't new however, here is a thread in "Feedback and Suggestions" from last year with more details and pros and cons:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95577/battlepass-tracks-should-not-expire-once-bought-players-should-be-able-to-pick-one-as-active

    I'd be open to something like that! Would obviously need a lot of work to get right but I don't see it being too big of a loss for either side!

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/196332/all-rift-challenges-completed-only-tier-60

    You're lucky I finished the complete tome and i only got to tier 55. the tomes are NOT supposed to give you the whole rift what so ever, and never have. You will still have to put in some extra work and games to get to 70 and always have. tome 4 though has lost many rift fragments for what ever reason (It felt short to me before I started looking at it) in reference to tomes 2 and 3. Like I said, you're lucky! I have had to slog through 6 tiers to get to where you are myself. Just realize nothing is given for free. I don't normally buy the pass till I know I'm close to getting 70 so I don't have to buy tiers but a few things have happened this tome and i've not played as much as before. Ah well.

    I am tired of people thinking that some where it was said that the TOME would give you the whole rift. What is being misconstrued is a combination of the fact the TOMES offer rift fragments to help you complete the Rift and if you buy the pass for the extra, you will get your 1000 Auric Cells back if you complete the rift. no WHERE has anyone said from Behavior that the TOME will complete the RIFT and honestly they've EVEN said it won't!

    But there's my point. You had to slog through 6 tiers to get to tier 60 after the challenges, and that's still ten tiers left of either MORE slogging or paying for them.

    OK, fair enough. The Tome SHOULDN'T do the whole thing for free, and I'm glad it doesn't because then it's too easy. The problem is there isn't enough outside of the challenges to get you even close to 70. Just now hit 61 which means I need 90 Frags total to finish, and that's likely 100 games I'd need to play in two days. It's just far too much.

    And yes, I too would normally wait until around now to consider paying for it like you did, but I liked a lot of the cosmetics up for grabs in this Tome so I unlocked it pretty early on.

    One weekend to alleviate the slog by 50%. Not major enough for them to lose money, but just enough to make the grind a little quicker. There's plenty of other good suggestions in this thread alone, let alone elsewhere, but a simple weekend would be good enough for me.

  • @BDS22 said:

    Charms are the main issue for me about the rift. They're hard to see on survivors for one, secondly there are so many reskin charms in the rift it's annoying, they clearly just add some charms just to make the rift more of a grind.

    Charms are definitely there for filler. I like a few of them but at best, they're unremarkable.

    At worst, they're actually a hindrance. Many a survivor has experienced a hooking based solely on their glowing charm standing out amongst their otherwise-camouflaged bodies 😂

  • @DrKnockers05 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663166#Comment_1663166

    Charms are definitely there for filler. I like a few of them but at best, they're unremarkable.

    At worst, they're actually a hindrance. Many a survivor has experienced a hooking based solely on their glowing charm standing out amongst their otherwise-camouflaged bodies 😂

    Charms are definitely there for filler.

    My favourite example, first release: The purple arcade cabinet.

    The characters were Trapper and Claudette.

    • Why an arcade cabinet?
    • Why is it purple?
    • Why does it have absolutely no details?

    It would have been easy to make it not look super awful, for example by adding a separate texture for the screen. Or adding some stickers / graffiti on the side of it. Or giving the buttons a different color.

    But no. Big, purple blob. Done.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I actually got level 70 before even getting pas tmy second chapter 4 challenge this time so its nice to have a break before the new one. I do think daily rituals should give 3 or 4 rift fragments each. Heck, only one a day would be great for players with less free time in the long run.

    I'd be OK with that. How long is an average Tome open for? About 2 months, right?

    So that's 60+ days, same amount of rituals, which would be the same amount of single bonus Frags in theory. That comes to about 6 tiers worth.

    6 tiers would certainly help! Hell, if that's too much, just tie the bonus frag to rarer challenges like Mori'ing a survivor or escaping without being hooked.

  • @DrKnockers05 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663175#Comment_1663175

    I'd be OK with that. How long is an average Tome open for? About 2 months, right?

    So that's 60+ days, same amount of rituals, which would be the same amount of single bonus Frags in theory. That comes to about 6 tiers worth.

    6 tiers would certainly help! Hell, if that's too much, just tie the bonus frag to rarer challenges like Mori'ing a survivor or escaping without being hooked.

    Or bring back an old, abandoned concept: Community challenges. Last used for the year 1 anniversary.

    One big challenge for survivors, one for killer. Progress is tracked globally for all players. If the community finishes a challenge, everyone gets X additional progress.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663225#Comment_1663225

    Or bring back an old, abandoned concept: Community challenges. Last used for the year 1 anniversary.

    One big challenge for survivors, one for killer. Progress is tracked globally for all players. If the community finishes a challenge, everyone gets X additional progress.

    That's a damn good idea! Loved the community events so to bring them back with shards as rewards would be spicy.

  • You're doing better than I was when I finished the Tome. I was only in the low-mid 50's when I knocked the last challenge out. Through a bit of excessive grinding (mostly used productively to work on my Huntress/Wraith skills) I've made it up to Tier 69 (...), but I'm pretty glad to be near the end of this Rift journey.

    Do remember that Battlepass-Style events are not really about making money, they are actually for boosting player counts through all the people grinding the game during these times. The fact that these systems can make a little money on the side is more of a nice bonus for their team rather than the primary goal.

  • @DrKnockers05 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663187#Comment_1663187

    But there's my point. You had to slog through 6 tiers to get to tier 60 after the challenges, and that's still ten tiers left of either MORE slogging or paying for them.

    OK, fair enough. The Tome SHOULDN'T do the whole thing for free, and I'm glad it doesn't because then it's too easy. The problem is there isn't enough outside of the challenges to get you even close to 70. Just now hit 61 which means I need 90 Frags total to finish, and that's likely 100 games I'd need to play in two days. It's just far too much.

    And yes, I too would normally wait until around now to consider paying for it like you did, but I liked a lot of the cosmetics up for grabs in this Tome so I unlocked it pretty early on.

    One weekend to alleviate the slog by 50%. Not major enough for them to lose money, but just enough to make the grind a little quicker. There's plenty of other good suggestions in this thread alone, let alone elsewhere, but a simple weekend would be good enough for me.

    I understand and agree that this tome didn't do what the last two did, getting to 63ish is better than 53-60. I don't know why they changed it back to what it was like in tome 1. anyways it is what it is :)

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663218#Comment_1663218

    Charms are definitely there for filler.

    My favourite example, first release: The purple arcade cabinet.

    The characters were Trapper and Claudette.

    • Why an arcade cabinet?
    • Why is it purple?
    • Why does it have absolutely no details?

    It would have been easy to make it not look super awful, for example by adding a separate texture for the screen. Or adding some stickers / graffiti on the side of it. Or giving the buttons a different color.

    But no. Big, purple blob. Done.

    I always figured the arcade cabinet related to Min.


    If I remember correctly there was even a purple technician perk charm in the Rift as well

  • They probably figured people were still using cakes after the anniversary. I still have 50+ and I get a point and a half after every game.

  • Oh, no! What a shocker. You better buy some tier levels for some AC so you don't miss out!

  • Don't sweat to complete the challenges. Make more games out of them or take a break and play swf.

  • Does anyone know what time exactly the Rift closes? It says October 7th but does that mean like 12:00 AM whatever timezone once it turns the 7th or what?

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    The rift is a problem in itself.

    First you get all the auric cells back and get it for free if completed. This means it has the potential to make no many so of course it has to have some sort of grind aspect to it so only die hard can complete it without paying anything else.

    The whole idea of any of these systems is to make money. Without it bringing in revenue it's not worth paying staff to make it.

    So how do they fix this?

    There are only two options then. Keep it the way it is or they no longer reward all the auric cells for completion and make it easier for all so you have to spend something for each rift.

    The best way to look at the rift imo is to see if what you can achieve is worth the money you are spending. Afterall even making it to say LVL 40 gives more skins that the money paid.

    What, plz shut up, you dont understand at all how it works.

  • Tier 60 is so high, like for real. Fragments will give you almost 31 (308 frags) tiers total. Rest of the tiers come from playing the game.

    I don't get it why would you even buy the pass if you dont have the time or skill to play :D I was done before they released IV, used aurics that i got from the rift to unlock levels also because i thought i'll never make it to the tier 70, oh was i wrong

  • @KaarelK said:

    Tier 60 is so high, like for real. Fragments will give you almost 31 (308 frags) tiers total. Rest of the tiers come from playing the game.

    I don't get it why would you even buy the pass if you dont have the time or skill to play :D I was done before they released IV, used aurics that i got from the rift to unlock levels also because i thought i'll never make it to the tier 70, oh was i wrong

    I rather liked the cosmetics in the premium pass, and I decided to treat myself seeing as I had some PS credit on my account.

    Sure, 60 is high, no doubt. But now I've got no challenges left, all I can do without paying again is grind 100 single frags in two days. I don't mind a good grind but not to that extent.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    Don't sweat to complete the challenges. Make more games out of them or take a break and play swf.

    That's exactly what I did, my dude. Finished the last challenge this morning :(

  • @Pawcelot said:

    Oh, no! What a shocker. You better buy some tier levels for some AC so you don't miss out!

    My sarcasm sense is tingling...

    But in case you're serious, I'd rather not pay for tiers. Pretty sure that's why the frag gain is so low outside of challenges, but if I have to make do without a cool Wraith weapon and a bubbling Tiki cup charm, I'll make do. Just be nice if the grind was just a little less extreme in future :)

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    They probably figured people were still using cakes after the anniversary. I still have 50+ and I get a point and a half after every game.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the amount of XP you got for Shards was based mostly on the length of the match, not BP gain?

  • You should be able to do multiple challenges at the same time instead of one at a time.

  • IMO, the rift it's fairly good. I finished the whole rift some days ago (16 days remaining if I recall correctly). And I'm three killer challenges left to complete the 4th thome which is the one I haven't finished yet. Even without spending too much time this whole 3 months, I still made it to the 70th level of the rift, and that without spending too much time in the game and having some breaks (3 to 5 days sometimes). It's fairly quick if you play as solo survivor as you don't have to wait for friends to queue again, or as killer if you intend to do the challenge only or to play normally and you are decent. As killer is quite better as you spent the whole time in the match. Taking into account that a single trial can give you around 700xp in average (at least, that is my average XP earned by trial), you don't need that many games, if you complement the rift with the tome ofc.

    I know it's quite time consuming but I haven't struggled yet to reach lvl 70 besides the 2nd rift which was the one active when I bought the game.

  • @DrKnockers05 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663397#Comment_1663397

    My sarcasm sense is tingling...

    But in case you're serious, I'd rather not pay for tiers. Pretty sure that's why the frag gain is so low outside of challenges, but if I have to make do without a cool Wraith weapon and a bubbling Tiki cup charm, I'll make do. Just be nice if the grind was just a little less extreme in future :)

    Ding, ding, ding! Fragment gain is intentionally low so that players might be stricken by FOMO and buy tiers for AC, so they don't "miss out". No doubt there's plenty of people that do. That's why the Rift is only getting grindier.

  • @DrKnockers05 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1663379#Comment_1663379

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought the amount of XP you got for Shards was based mostly on the length of the match, not BP gain?

    I guess so. Went up two levels when I switched to Myers after playing Wraith all day and no idea why. I stopped using Ruin with Wraith which was a mistake because they bully you hard if you show any compassion.

  • @Ecstasy said:

    Does anyone know what time exactly the Rift closes? It says October 7th but does that mean like 12:00 AM whatever timezone once it turns the 7th or what?

    Anybodyies? :-(

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    The rift is a problem in itself.

    First you get all the auric cells back and get it for free if completed. This means it has the potential to make no many so of course it has to have some sort of grind aspect to it so only die hard can complete it without paying anything else.

    The whole idea of any of these systems is to make money. Without it bringing in revenue it's not worth paying staff to make it.

    So how do they fix this?

    There are only two options then. Keep it the way it is or they no longer reward all the auric cells for completion and make it easier for all so you have to spend something for each rift.

    The best way to look at the rift imo is to see if what you can achieve is worth the money you are spending. Afterall even making it to say LVL 40 gives more skins that the money paid.

    I'd love to see a Rift that doesn't pay itself back but in return is actually a good battle pass i.e. isn't insanely grindy and has less filler/has shards and bloodpoints instead of these useless common/uncommon charms that noone will ever use. Im positive it won't happen, over the years BHVR has devolved into an insanely greedy company, but it's nice to dream.

  • The grind is just too much for me

  • Hey!

    Back when the first rift was released, everyone complained about the rift progress being to slow. Essentially, the initial promises made about the rift did not match the reality. As of the second tome, they announced they would increase the amount of rift fragments earned through challenges. For the third tome they increased the amount once again. Here's the kicker though: In the latest tome (fourth) they reverted the changes they made from the first tome. They removed a total of 57 earnable fragments from the tome. They haven't said a word about it which, for me at least, makes it seem like a scummy business tactic.


    You can read more about it in this post I made a couple of weeks back: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185325/rift-progress-nerfed-again/p1

  • I finish survivor lv1,2 killer 1,2,3,4

    and my tier is 65

  • I finished all challenges last night and I am at level 61.

    I wish that behaviour would look at the rift as something to bring more players in rather than just a money grab.

    I am sure they make some money on the rift passes, but that would be minor compared to how much money they could make if the rift was player friendly and actually increased their player base by 25%.

    I don't think the rift as it is now is something that entices anyone new to the game, just something for the existing player base.

  • @kcwolf1975 said:

    I finished all challenges last night and I am at level 61.

    I wish that behaviour would look at the rift as something to bring more players in rather than just a money grab.

    I am sure they make some money on the rift passes, but that would be minor compared to how much money they could make if the rift was player friendly and actually increased their player base by 25%.

    I don't think the rift as it is now is something that entices anyone new to the game, just something for the existing player base.

    > I don't think the rift as it is now is something that entices anyone new to the game, just something for the existing player base.

    It is actively hostile to new players. Legacy is something players still ask for often. Designing the battlepass in such a way that it creates new exclusives akin to legacy means the developers don't just not care about new players, they are intententionally screwing them over.

  • Although I don't care about the rift, I feel it is unacceptable that you can complete every single challenge and still have more grinding to do before you finish the rift. It'd be like doing everything that can be done in a game, but still not reaching 100% completion because the game feels you didn't play it long enough. I'm gonna type up a suggestion for this and I hope you guys support it, or at least discuss it so the devs can see this was a bad idea on their part.

  • Done. Here you go:

    @Orion said:

    Let me preface this by saying I don't care about the rifts. I like the extra BP the challenges give, but that's it. I couldn't care less if I complete them or not (and, in fact, have never completed any of them).

    With that said, I think it's unacceptable that someone like @DrKnockers05 can complete every single challenge and still not have the required number of fragments to max out the rift. I have a few ideas on how to fix this, which you'll find below.

    Removing the "free" fragments

    The first solution I thought of was distributing the required rift fragments to reach the maximum tier throughout every challenge and making it so you have to complete challenges to acquire them. This has the added bonus of not bothering those of us who are not interested in the fragments.

    Giving more "free" fragments

    This is one of the most obvious ideas, just give more fragments for playing normally. The rift's duration would probably have to be shortened somewhat, to compensate. However, this would annoy people who are not interested in the rift to begin with.

    Giving more fragments for completing challenges

    This is the other most obvious idea, just give more fragments for completing challenges. Again, the rift's duration would probably need to be shortened. This would benefit people who go for the challenges and would push more people to complete the challenges, since they feel they have a real chance to complete the rift.

    Those were the ideas I came up with in a short amount of time. What I'd like to emphasize is, again, that I feel it's unacceptable OK for someone to complete every single challenge and still come up short and that this needs to be solved.

  • Well I don't think that Tomes should give you all the exp to reach Tier 70, you need to work for it at least a little bit.

  • @DrKnockers05 said:

    So this is the second time I've completed a Tome while having a pretty time-consuming job, the previous one being the very first Tome to be released in DbD.

    It's also the second time I've only made it to tier 60 out of 70 in the Rift Pass even after completing all challenges in the Tome.

    So how is it we're on Tome 5, but the Fragments/XP you earn is still no different?

    By now, I was hoping there would have been a small change to the amount, or at least a few opportunities to snag bonus shards. But nope. Exactly the same as T1, maybe even harder in this one.

    Now true, I don't have to pay for it, nobody's forcing me. And yeah, the devs are aiming to make a profit somehow, I get that. But now if I want to make it to 70, I either have to grind the absolute hell out of the game for single Frags in less than three days (and even then I'm not sure I'd make it in time), or pay for tiers, neither of which are particularly enticing choices.

    Obviously this is on purpose so if we really want to complete it, we'd have to pay for more Auric Cells, which means more money for them even after you've payed for the Premium track. But as a long-time fan of this weird whacky game, it's a little disheartening to see such a disappointing practice in play.

    There are much more pressing issues in the game than this, and I know I've already posted about this in the past so I won't mention it again after today. But when something like this happens twice for one player, it's likely happened twice for many of you. I think I speak for most DbD players, especially those of us who don't have the time to grind our butts off, when I ask:

    Would one, and I mean just ONE, double Frags/XP weekend really be that much of a pain?

    (Proof of subject matter below:)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/C9ZE5JJ7WAD6/img-20201004-143326.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/6HSYHF3KT12O/img-20201004-143328.jpg

    I get your frustrations. But just because you don't have enough time doesn't mean the devs have some nefarious plan. I finished the rift weeks ago. Completing it is meant to be a challenge, not something you just get handed to you for being there. If it's easy for everyone to get then what is the point?

  • It's not a nefarious plan by the devs, i just personally think that since this is a casual game that the rift could be a little more casual as well.

    Try and entice the middle 50% of the games player base that don't play as much rather than the upper 80% that play a lot regardless of the rift.

‹ 1 2