All Rift Challenges completed = only Tier 60?
So this is the second time I've completed a Tome while having a pretty time-consuming job, the previous one being the very first Tome to be released in DbD.
It's also the second time I've only made it to tier 60 out of 70 in the Rift Pass even after completing all challenges in the Tome.
So how is it we're on Tome 5, but the Fragments/XP you earn is still no different?
By now, I was hoping there would have been a small change to the amount, or at least a few opportunities to snag bonus shards. But nope. Exactly the same as T1, maybe even harder in this one.
Now true, I don't have to pay for it, nobody's forcing me. And yeah, the devs are aiming to make a profit somehow, I get that. But now if I want to make it to 70, I either have to grind the absolute hell out of the game for single Frags in less than three days (and even then I'm not sure I'd make it in time), or pay for tiers, neither of which are particularly enticing choices.
Obviously this is on purpose so if we really want to complete it, we'd have to pay for more Auric Cells, which means more money for them even after you've payed for the Premium track. But as a long-time fan of this weird whacky game, it's a little disheartening to see such a disappointing practice in play.
There are much more pressing issues in the game than this, and I know I've already posted about this in the past so I won't mention it again after today. But when something like this happens twice for one player, it's likely happened twice for many of you. I think I speak for most DbD players, especially those of us who don't have the time to grind our butts off, when I ask:
Would one, and I mean just ONE, double Frags/XP weekend really be that much of a pain?
(Proof of subject matter below:)


Comments
Another thread about it, and the same answer from me:
It is designed around 2h/day because that is the average of how much their players play. For me it fits, I needed 138h to finish this rift and had 6 tiers of rewards left in the 4th level.
Another design thing: the challenges are roughly designed to get finished within the 140h they expect you to play. Some get through it faster, some are slower, that's pure normal deviation.
Last point: If you play the average amount of time, you get all your auric cells back. You once invest an amount of money you would also pay for a single outfit, and have the chance to get them all back + a bunch of full cosmetics on top. Even if you don't, you get much more cosmetics than oyu would get in store for the same money. And the best: you can look at the cosmetics before, and decide on last day of the rift, if you progressed enough and if it is worth it to buy the premium path.
It should start using hours instead of days once it gets below one day remaining. Never usually finishes at 00:01am where I am if that helps :)
I like the ideas but I wouldn't expect the Rift challenges to get me all the way to 70.
If it got us to around 63-65, that's still a solid 50-70 Fragments to grind, which is roughly 55-75 games. I think that's a solid set of numbers. Not too easy but just enough to make it worthwhile.
I don't expect it to be the easiest thing in the world, but I do think it could do with a slight improvement. I'm all for a good grind but it's a little too punishing in its current form, in my opinion.
In fairness, yes. I should've waited until now to see how far I'd get before I unlocked the premium track. I admit I was tempted by the cosmetics in this one, plus I had some spare PS Credit so decided to unlock it early.
I'm not expecting it to be the easiest thing in the world, and it shouldn't be because where's the fun in that? I do however believe it veers a little too much into the 'too punishing' side of things. Not by much, but just enough to be a nuisance. My personal opinion, though.