If Dead by Daylight was YOUR game...
...What would you do? How would you make it work, so it's fun for EVERYONE?
No selfish/meme responses allowed!!!1 (e.g. "i'd remove DS because it's annoying")
...What would you do? How would you make it work, so it's fun for EVERYONE?
No selfish/meme responses allowed!!!1 (e.g. "i'd remove DS because it's annoying")
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Perk trees, every level gives a point and you can chose to have a lot of minor buffs or 2 major buffs (ends of the spectrum).
Though, while I do want to make a game like DbD where the survivors arent expected to escape, just make it as far as possible, i probably would butcher it.
I can see the second thing you mentioned being the original purpose of DbD.
But in that case, I would also make it so that survivors can do much more things and earn more BP. Because obviously, if you don't escape, you lose a few BPs.
Absolute first thing I would do is eliminate perk tiers & remove the Bloodpoint caps both on 32k per game and 1 million storage.
The game feels WAY too grindy & gets worse every three months. It's a ridiculous mountain to climb, especially for new players. And the last thing you want to do is scare away potential new customers.
Agreed. Although, I feel like removing the 32k cap can be abused by farming players, or potentially those who manage to face their own friends and decide "Hey, since we're friends, let's farm"
That's off the top of my head.
-I would bring the old Legion back (without exploits and op addons).
-I would bring old Ruin back.
-I would buff certain killers to the Level of Hillbilly was before his nerf.
-I would undone most survivor nerfs of the last 1-2 years, since they don't need to be nerfed anymore thanks to better killers.
-I would limit perks in general, so that only 2x of a specific perk can be choosen by the survivors. That means no more stacking 4x times the same perks. Why? Because it is boring. No survivor would love it to face every match only 1 specific killer and so I dislike it to face every game the same perks. Because it is always the same (should not be a surprise).
-I would add more game modes and change the current one, to a more entertaining version for both sides.
All of those ideas are not new. That's why I don't explain them. Bhvr could have done at least the half of it by now, but they persist on a very strange gaming philosophy for me, that sucks the fun out for more and more people. I can't see a big plan behind it.
More game modes. Would introduce bots at the same time and integrate them into the game modes.
A killer that uses bots as part of their power: Mimic powers, zombies, etc.
Bots that die in one hit or are captured/caged, escort side quest. Either help them escape or they die at the hands of the killer.
I'd also introduce more environmental hazards and weather effects. Toxic waste drums would give status effects. Mud slows you down. Weather would flare up and you'd be forced to take shelter. Etc.
tbh, if I was the big boss, the head of the company, I would:
I had a suggestion once that I didn't post anywhere, but basically it was yet another snowy map, but instead the middle would be split by a hazardous cold river that if survivors and killers step in, they would get slowed down. Killers aren't (or at least shouldn't be) immortal, so they would also get status effects.
They could do so many cool environmental effects. Instead all the games resources are horded on a calculator that determines how best to put two hooks right across from each other. It's laaaaaame.
HMMM... Well
1) Update the coding used
2) Server maintenance every week
3) Expand Ranks:
Killers get 10 ranks per color (50 all together)- with changes to PIPs/ scoring
Survivors: 10 in brown and yellow then 5 for the rest (35 all together) - with changes to PIPs/ scoring
4) Limit MM to colors only (no more low ranks playing with/against high ranks)
5) More aggressive perk changes ( use the PTB more often/ leave it up longer in some cases)
6) Have more communication with the community ( would express things that are changing and having more interaction overall)
These are some things I thought of
I've yet to add my opinion to my own thread, so I'll do it now. If Dead by Daylight was MY game, I would....
Absolute first thing I would do is change Jeff's name to John.
I'd ask for high skill level players opinions on balance matters-
-Buff Weaker Killers (Demo, Legion, Clown, Pig, Trapper, Wraith, Myers)
-Buff SoloQueue. Add hud indicator if the killer is within 12M of hook.
-Try my hardest to get cool licensed characters, but these Devs are pretty good at that so far.
-Buff a lot of perks. Nerf a couple others
-Nerf BNP's, Styptics, Mori's and Keys. And of course Iri head.
-Rework maps so they're more balanced
Never would have released Legion
Well said, I believe your idea for pipping would help make ranks mean more....rank does matter to an extent imo and your idea would push players down to a more appropriate rank they belong in
Woah there GAMERS, I did say no selfish ideas!
"Get rid of Borrowed Time?" "Never would have released Legion?"
That's a big no-no!
*god loops has been removed
*unsafe pallets has been removed
All loops will be mindgameable and fair for both sides
I would like remove all basic loops and have similar long wall tiles like jungel gyms and pallet gyms. I seen a lot of suggestions on new tiles and many of them would be intresting to see. Some could have breakable walls others would not. Some would have huge gaps so killers like Huntress and Deathslinger also can play around them. I would still keep killershack tho its a fun place to play around for me both as killer and survivor cause u can punish bad movement and reads, people often say its unmindgameable but its not 100% true.
Anyway what I want is:
Reduce the amount of walls and LOS breakers that exist on indoor maps.
Shrink maps like ormond and mothers dwelling down to coal tower and rottenfields size.
Add some sort of structure to rottenfield and shelter woods. Cut down the size and amount of trees and cornfield that exist on coldwind and mcmillan realms.
Bloodlust removed
No hooks in dead zones also Dead zones are not filling to much space anymore
Grant survivors bloodpoints if they are being camped as I consider it in a way a distraction.
Buff every low tier perk so it could fit in the meta. Making all perks viable in high ranks and low ranks.
Rework a lot of addons like speed limiter and iri heads.
Rework a lot of 2nd perks so you are not forced to play around it to long or to much (NOED, DS)
Buff or rework low tier killers like Legion and Pig.
Nerf or rework high tier killers like Freddy and Spirit
second game objective that cant get rushed even with a very cordinated SWF
Less map RNG, You are guranteed to get the same amount of tiles but their spawn will be random. More space on indoor maps (this is like the same idea of reducing walls) so you can fit in more long wall tiles.
Bloodweb skippin and perk focus. Lets say you get a bloodweb with insidious, if you skip that bloodweb the chance of getting insidious in the next bloodweb will decrease, but if you see NOED and upgrade to NOED the chance of it showing up in your bloodweb will increase by 5% for every bloodweb you spend your bloodpoints on
Capped BP to 3 Milion and increase the score cap from 32K to 60K. You gain more Bloodpoints for any important action you do.
MMR system: you start at 0 and for every Escape and 3-4K as killer it increase by 50, if you perform better and better each trial it will go to 60, 70, 80, 90 but max MMR points you could get each trial is 100. Rank 20-15 is 0-300 MMR. 15-10 300-600 MMR. 10-5 600-1000 MMR. 5-1 1000-1500 MMR. 1+ 1500-3000 MMR. The minium requierments to get 0 MMR points would be what you need to pretty much do now to safety pip (get a 2K, Do 2 gens, 2 unhooks, 2 chases then die) If you fail to meet the minium requierments your MMR would start to drop first -60 then -70 then -80 if you are on a losing streak. Every month you would reset back to -500 MMR if you are rank 20-15 this would have no effect
Moris reworked
Keys reworked
I think what they mean is that they want a more traditional horror experience, you don't expect to make it out but it's awesome when you do
If dead by daylight were my game I would balance it for 3 kills 1 escape and SWF, dead hard and all thpse meta perls would have reason to exist.
This. Not only because I despise the concept of Capitalism in the first place but Dbd has Ftp mechanics in a game that cost π°. It should be free then it'll be more acceptable. I definitely detest battle passes
I'd add a proper stamina system, remove scratchmarks and put more emphasis on the games win conditions.
I'd probably focus on making it more survivalist: Bigger maps with more variety of challenges; more focused on stealth (although still leave decent room for alternative ways to outwit the opponent).
Also, I'd add more game modes. One mode can have SWF, and then there would be a separate mode which does not allow SWF. In return, Killers on the SWF mode could get the chance for greater rewards, and likewise for the mode banning SWF, Survivors would have the chance to win a greater reward. Basically, the tougher the challenge the greater the reward. Just a rough idea or 2.
If Dead by Daylight was my game. I would:
That's it really. A long list, but in short I'd want a game everyone could enjoy.
I don't feel like making a list because I would, but one big change I would love to have would if escaping was more exciting and rare. Kinda blows knowing you escape every other game unless your having a bad day.
I would make shadowborn basekit and remove the perk. Because you shouldn't need a perk to have an enjoyable pov.
Either:
The current volume of patches is unacceptable for the current patch frequency. One of the two needs changing.
I'd have it be a story-based Action-RPG. The story of this game is awesome and I'd love to see it recreated in many genres.
I'm thinking of two differing campaigns, one where you play as Killer, killing AI Survivors within a time limit and set other objectives (protect totems, defend certain generators, hook lots of people in the basement, etc) and one where you play as the Survivor, doing your objectives and escaping.
And personally I'd like seeing that in retro graphics, something like 16-bit graphics.
Dumb it down and make it more consistent. Get rid of teachables (Instead 3 new standard perks will be added per every new killer/survivors). Make maps more consistent. Rework perks that focus on negating other perks/killers. Matchmaking is improved (duh). Get rid of addons and replace them with augments that do the same but you always have (Gets rid of finite advantages), items now have three levels and are always had. And finally, make game modes for KYF.
Dedicate resources to fix bugs.
Bigger....hear me out.....tiddies.
One thing on a list that doesn't fit your one rule is no need to freak out. the rest of them are fair. plus I was going by the topic title only.
I'd shut th game down. There's no saving this heaping like of burning trash.
These are pretty selfish reasons too. I mean, come on, you already have Jane for the first option.
WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?!
At this point, I'd remake the game from the ground up. Same mechanics and all that, but re-code the game to clean up the spaghetti.
Then I'd look at making the stealth killers stronger as the concept of a killer's position being unknown is much scarier.
Maybe also have a customisation option in Custom Games so the community can experiment with perk and killer stat values to get a better idea of balancing.
Remove every gen slowdown perk, noed, ds, dh, sprint burst, borrowed time. Base generator times bumped to 100 seconds. Remove every god pallet in the game, give more mindgamable pallets and windows. Survivors get 30 seconds of invulnerability off hook, they have no collision and it shuts off if they interact with anything. If killer camps, the survivor will teleport to a different hook.
Mori kills one, key let's one out.
That solves crutch perks, gen times, tunneling, and camping. It would allow everyone to try different builds, instead of using perks as a band aid for piss poor game design.
I would do everything in my power to give each side as many options as possible. Starting with more interactive maps.
Areas can now be darkened by the killer creating a power outage in that specific area. Survivors decide if they want to βfixβ it or not.
You can create additional path ways at a loop, as a survivor by interacting with objects in the surrounding area (pile of wood, crumbling wall) etc.
Things that would excite both sides because you have a little bit more control over the map and itβs outcomes.
The "Survivors teleporting to a different hook" idea actually makes sense lore-wise, to be honest. Moris exist because the Entity "allows" Killers to have their own kills, but the Entity can just mistake camping on the hook by the Killer becoming too greedy, so the Entity punishes the Killer for this.
It makes sense for just about everything, but only if you solve the other survivor crap first, because without the ability to camp, you're giving survivors yet another weapon.
The problem is that the devs dont want to fix the broken crap, they want their gamers frustrated.
Hired
If it were my game I would make it so that survivors could make out with each other so that the people who hide in lockers the entire game wouldnt get bored.
Would make 2 big changes to survivors.
1. Make survivors have there own unique skillset, thus removing 2 perks. Survivors could be based on repair speed, heal speed, movement speed etc etc
2. Only 1 of each survivor per match, no 4 megs etc. Means you would tactically need to choose which player to pick.
Wholesale changes
Hmm, well no game is going to be literally "fun for everyone", but some ideas I think might be good if they could be feasibly done
thisthisthis
Clown.
7.Make Moris only available whenever the gen count is lesser than the Survivors who are alive
This is the most interesting Mori change I've heard and I would like to see this applied to Ebony Memento Moris. Can you open a suggestion thread for the devs to take notice of it?