Sooo how long 'til DS is fixed?

Because alot of killers have a free pass to just tunnel through DS as it lasts 1 second, its extremely annoying how this kind of stuff keeps happening.

it being showcased multiple times in Hexy's Touney is a bit sad and embarrassing, imagine if in a Dota TI there was a bug that caused you to die when you used a TP Scroll.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Mistikus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1625169#Comment_1625169

    i remeber this bug, back then almost every killer abused it

    What is this bug tinker level 2???? I have never heard of it and I play killer so did I abuse it? I guess you are wrong, not EVERY killer abused it. I have a perfect solution, one that does not affect the survivor or killer even at the 5 second stun. here is the solution:

    1) Unbreakable is disabled completely while DS is active (no mither is prevented from letting you get up again during DS being active)

    2) killer is still stunned for 5 seconds, enduring will not affect.

    3) after 30 seconds DS is deactivated if you are working (or start working) on the following: Gens, Totems, and chests.

    4) DS remains active, even if fully healed, for the full minute and #3 does not kick in.

    5) DS will not activate for the FULL minute from unhook, even if deactivated by something from #3. (this may not be the best in execution but it is an idea)


    What this does, is prevent the combination of slugging you get up on unbreakable or no mither, stops weaponizing the perk, stops the 1 minute of invincibility. YOU WANT the second chance perk to be that? there ya go. you start doing objectives after the first 30 seconds it's done for and won't reactivate for the next 30 seconds so be aware! OHHH YES be AWARE....


    EVERYONE here is griping about one perk. killers are upset they won't have fixes from over a year ago and survivors are complaining about a single perk. as someone said, that's a single perk, what about the issue of not being able to hook survivors? to fix that you have to DROP them!!!!! this is not a good thing at all, and it isn't just due to a perk.


    Also someone brought up survivors running to the corner of the map and another said that it was one person. it isn't, but this isn't a bug or an abuse either. survivors have strats like this much like tunneling and face camping can be a strat. go forward and realize that EVERYONE has an issue or two with the game and some will be fixed quickly!

  • @Chrisko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624098#Comment_1624098

    The dude is Evil...It's literally in his name. He just wants to be a dick.

    Just seems like a killer main who started recently.

  • @mintchapstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1625136#Comment_1625136

    Except no one plays in a perfect world and the other survivors probably spent that 20 seconds with their thumbs in their asses wondering what's going on. I don't use DS, but as a killer it's never impacted me that badly.

    Optimal survivor play proves this game is survivor sided. Just because everyone doesn't play optimal doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Just as nurse is the most OP killer in the game and needs nerfs (nurse main here) because in the right hands she can end chases far too quickly. Even if it is rare that nurses play that well.

  • Has anyone considered that maybe it isn't a bug?

  • DS needs to be removed anyway.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1624044#Comment_1624044

    Ok the while I dont condone bug use this bug quite literally let's you delete the survivor in 2 minutes thats not fun nor fair. That's how you kill a playerbase when one side cant even play. Forget the us vs them agenda it's not cool.

    doing all the gens in 3 minutes isn't fun either but thats ok right?

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624058#Comment_1624058

    doing all the gens in 3 minutes isn't fun either but thats ok right?

    Never said it was did I. Also I avoid gens I prefer chases ;)

  • im so tired of people working on gens in front of me, of a long chase ending in somone running into locker because apparently i had tunneled them since 2 other survivor hooks before, people unhooking somome i had just hooked before i even have a chance to leave because they healed and know i cant grab them from hook or they will punish me. its not like survivors are limited on alternative builds and its not like DS was actually used against a tunneler very often. if they fixed the talent so it went dormant when you hooked somone else then it wouldnt be a problem in its normal state but it doesnt so if your playing optimal survivor you include what should be a crutch perk. noed is garbo since it only works in the end game and is a hex perk it gets you 1 bonus kill at most while 4 survivors running the 'small pp build' of DS and unbreakable should only lose if they are hot trash against any normal killer

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1626113#Comment_1626113

    Never said it was did I. Also I avoid gens I prefer chases ;)

    ok just wanted to know and yeah chases are fun

  • @Aquitus said:

    im so tired of people working on gens in front of me, of a long chase ending in somone running into locker because apparently i had tunneled them since 2 other survivor hooks before, people unhooking somome i had just hooked before i even have a chance to leave because they healed and know i cant grab them from hook or they will punish me. its not like survivors are limited on alternative builds and its not like DS was actually used against a tunneler very often. if they fixed the talent so it went dormant when you hooked somone else then it wouldnt be a problem in its normal state but it doesnt so if your playing optimal survivor you include what should be a crutch perk. noed is garbo since it only works in the end game and is a hex perk it gets you 1 bonus kill at most while 4 survivors running the 'small pp build' of DS and unbreakable should only lose if they are hot trash against any normal killer

    for me thats free stbfl stacks

  • Imagine a perk being this strong and relied upon. It's time to nerf it like ruin was nerfed. When will we get justice?

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Because alot of killers have a free pass to just tunnel through DS as it lasts 1 second, its extremely annoying how this kind of stuff keeps happening.

    it being showcased multiple times in Hexy's Touney is a bit sad and embarrassing, imagine if in a Dota TI there was a bug that caused you to die when you used a TP Scroll.

    To be fair killers are having a hook bug which is allowing a lot of wiggle offs. For once the bugs have kind of balanced eachother out lol.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624602#Comment_1624602

    crutchin on that DS huh

    you act like every player you face: 1) knows the bug exists; 2) knows each killer that's affected by it

    I only knew of Spirit until today when I played Freddy

    welcome to killer life post-Ruin deletion bud

    The two different huntresses I faced who tunneled through hook and bugged DS, and then through the second hook sure knew about it - if the shaking their head after DS wasn't confirmation enough.

    And the Freddy. And the Spirit. And the Wraith.

    You're going to claim I crutch on DS and then immediately follow up with a complaint about Ruin being changed? Kind of hypocritical, 'bud'. You have a million other slow down perks while the only defense a survivor has against tunneling is a 5 second stun (3-4 if you count the seconds it takes to be dropped) that can only be used once per match, if given the chance.

    Okay buddy oh boy oh bud.

  • @Majora said:

    Imagine a perk being this strong and relied upon. It's time to nerf it like ruin was nerfed. When will we get justice?

    It is pretty funny that despite all the killer bugs that have been around for a year. This one perk not working causes such an uproar.

  • Oh alright chases are definitely fun thatsbwhy I avoid chases.

  • Welcome to the forums, using a perk is scummy now.

  • It isn't. Perks are there to be used, saying using second chance perks is scummy, makes you much worse. This is just basic logic and reasoning.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1626055#Comment_1626055

    It isn't. Perks are there to be used, saying using second chance perks is scummy, makes you much worse. This is just basic logic and reasoning.

    Doesn't mean that its fair, and equipping unfair perks or using them in scummy ways does make you scummy, this is just superior logic and reasoning.

  • Fix it, and then put on a more appropriate lower duration, to compensate for Enduring's change from over a year ago.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624688#Comment_1624688

    True but seeing as how there are 4 survivors to every 1 killer id say survivors have exploited more.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624727#Comment_1624727

    If DS isnt anti tunnel then it is 2nd chance. Which makes it even worse. It rewards bad gameplay. Killer has nothing that gives them an extra generator if they are failing to apply pressure. NOED is not 2nd chance because the survivors can negate it before it ever comes into play. It's more of a punisher perk. Blood Warden could be 2nd chance but any survivor with 2 brain cells 99% the gates to avoid it. Really wish the devs would adjust that.

    There's hardly anything that counters DS. "Don't tunnel" doesn't work on most of the people I run into(people coming to me because of DS) If I slug they can use unbreakable. If they run into a locker, unless I'm trapper, there's nothing I can do. If I take the DS then go in to finish the job I am called a tunneler. With this perk there is no right answer. There is also the very VERY real potential of 4 DS's a match. This perk is flat out bad for the game but the devs will never ever truly nerf it because majority of survivors would stop playing the game.

    Just because survivors would naturally do this more because there are more doesn't make killers doing it better, or them worse.

    @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624058#Comment_1624058

    doing all the gens in 3 minutes isn't fun either but thats ok right?

    This is whataboutism at its finest. You bring up a completely unrelated problem to disregard his complaint. He also never said that that was ok. Anyone in their right mind knows thats not ok.

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624753#Comment_1624753

    "It rewards bad gameplay" excuse me for getting insanely tunneled for no reason and having to use it 🙆‍♀️

    When I play killer I very rarely get affected by DS as many people claim, it's exaggeration at its peak, and old enduring affecting DS was abused to no ends, since it was barely a 1 sec stun and you could just hit them back as soon as they dropped, killers ain't the victims all the time.

    Stop blaming Killers for your teammate's mistakes.

  • @mintchapstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1624026#Comment_1624026

    Lol what are you talking about? If you got DSed it means you tunneled off hook--so three seconds or not, you're probably going to continue to tunnel. Even regular DS only sort of buys a little bit of time in that situation unless it's end-game and you're next to a gate.

    I grabbed someone greeding a gen earlier that was fully healed across the map from someone I recently hooked and apparently she had a 59 second DS. But nah, I guess I just tunneled.

  • @Buckoben said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1625193#Comment_1625193

    Stop blaming Killers for your teammate's mistakes.

    Lmao, what?

    Your answer makes no sense for mine.

  • never thought people would be so upset over the idea of a bug being fixed

    1 thing being broken doesn’t justify another

  • @hillbillyclaudmain69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624753#Comment_1624753

    Just because survivors would naturally do this more because there are more doesn't make killers doing it better, or them worse.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1626113#Comment_1626113

    This is whataboutism at its finest. You bring up a completely unrelated problem to disregard his complaint. He also never said that that was ok. Anyone in their right mind knows thats not ok.

    It's a 2 sided game bucko, can't look at one side without looking at the other when they both have broken things. For example im pretty sure keys and moris are being nerfed at the same time

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1626748#Comment_1626748

    It's a 2 sided game bucko, can't look at one side without looking at the other when they both have broken things. For example im pretty sure keys and moris are being nerfed at the same time

    Keys and moris should be looked at together, as they counter each other by being broken as #########. However, you shouldn't just disregard someone else's issues because you have one.

  • @Boss said:

    Fix it, and then put on a more appropriate lower duration, to compensate for Enduring's change from over a year ago.

    Like what cause what the stun is now is a little shorter than what enduring used to do to DS.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Every killer and their mother is abusing the DS, and they're saying we're toxic and play scummy, hah... It's funny

    Definitely not today, it was supposed to be this today. It got delayed, what a surprise.

    And what part of "survivor equips perk, game bugs out, killer continues playing normally after being freed from stun" constitutes abuse on the part of the killer?

    More importantly, I feel like people aren't aware that this bug affects all wiggle outs on applicable killers and isn't really just a specific "DS" bug.

  • @skarsguts said:

    Didn't get fixed with today's hotfix so knowing BHVR, it'll take months.

    I can't play the game until then - I tried but I was tunneled every time by the killers the bug was active on.

    How can killers complain about DS when they go and do the act that is the reason DS won't be changed? This bug just shows more true colors. If anything, DS should receive a longer stun.

    Amy man can’t play the game without his crutch perk Jesus Christ just get good

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624044#Comment_1624044

    killers have abused bugs too tho?

    All of legions bugs, ds bug and the basement bug were/are abused.

    Both survivors and killers always abuse bugs when they can

    DS Bug isn’t being “abused” lmao

  • Then why have I been tunnled of hook everytime I go against a killer that ds is bugged on?

    Killers know that ds is bugged so they started tunneling

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1624044#Comment_1624044

    Ok the while I dont condone bug use this bug quite literally let's you delete the survivor in 2 minutes thats not fun nor fair. That's how you kill a playerbase when one side cant even play. Forget the us vs them agenda it's not cool.

    Not balancing the game will kill it one day pushing new buggy content wont be enough for the game to be alive

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1624058#Comment_1624058

    Not balancing the game will kill it one day pushing new buggy content wont be enough for the game to be alive

    I agree and they have been balancing the game. Yk nerfing something the survivors have almost every patch. They cant even di weekly buf fixes though.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640715#Comment_1640715

    Then why have I been tunnled of hook everytime I go against a killer that ds is bugged on?

    Killers know that ds is bugged so they started tunneling

    That’s not abusing a bug that’s just ignoring ds, I ignore ds if I have to tunnel so does that mean I’m abusing the bug?

  • @ThePolice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1624602#Comment_1624602

    Amy man can’t play the game without his crutch perk Jesus Christ just get good

    You clearly have never played survivor past brown ranks

    everyone who likes the bug and dismisses DS as just a crutch clearly don’t know why it was added in the first place

  • Honestly, this version of the perk was 3 seconds originally and was only buffed to 5 seconds due to Enduring reducing the stun recovery by 75% and if you played back then Enduring was basically mandatory.

    Since then they have removed Endurings ability to affect DSs stun so I see no reason it shouldn't remain at 3 seconds.

  • @Schmierbach said:

    Honestly, this version of the perk was 3 seconds originally and was only buffed to 5 seconds due to Enduring reducing the stun recovery by 75% and if you played back then Enduring was basically mandatory.

    Since then they have removed Endurings ability to affect DSs stun so I see no reason it shouldn't remain at 3 seconds.

    because its terrible like that? I have been on both sides of this bug, you can catch up again before they can even reach a pallet or window.

    people keep bringing up the enduring bit, but that was changed for a reason as well

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640731#Comment_1640731

    I agree and they have been balancing the game. Yk nerfing something the survivors have almost every patch. They cant even di weekly buf fixes though.

    For me that the thing the game need to most. They should fo like league of legends and bring a patch every 2 week with nerf, buff and fix like that the meta will always change and the game will be fix bit by bit over time

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640707#Comment_1640707

    You clearly have never played survivor past brown ranks

    everyone who likes the bug and dismisses DS as just a crutch clearly don’t know why it was added in the first place

    I’m rank 1 survivor and killer, ds is a crutch perk and is not designed to be anti tunnel

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    How many bugs have survivors exploited till they fixed them? How many fat shame spots? Remember when one of Quintin's perks provided a action boost to ALL actions instead of just opening gates? Paybacks a ######### :P

    It's a bug that benefits killers. We all know that will get fixed shortly. Meanwhile I am still waiting for bug fixes to Nurse introduced from her rework last year -.-

    neither side should use bugs to their advantage, sadly it'll always happen and theres not much the dev's can do besides fix them, how about instead of getting mad at the other side because some players are rude we hope behavior fixes this stupid bug?

  • @Primalux135 said:

    I hope it becomes 3 secs stun forever.You got a second chance I want mine too.

    You got it. It's called NOED. If you failed to kill everyone before the gens are all done, you still get a chance to roll around one-shooting and slugging everyone, or, you know, if you feel like hook-camping and then tunneling someone, you can wait a few seconds before picking them up. You play how you want, and we'll play how we want. If that is your strategy, then we'll strategize to counter it.


    You know how appalled killers get when survivors complain about those "strategies?" Well, survivors get equally appalled when killers complain about our counters to those "strategies."

  • @ThePolice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1641103#Comment_1641103

    I’m rank 1 survivor and killer, ds is a crutch perk and is not designed to be anti tunnel

    Watch out guys, we got a rank 1 survivors AND killer who declared DS is a crutch. You can all shut up now, he has spoken

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1626394#Comment_1626394

    Doesn't mean that its fair, and equipping unfair perks or using them in scummy ways does make you scummy, this is just superior logic and reasoning.

    There's something to be said about exploits, but using perks does not make you toxic. They're tools. Things to be used. I wouldn't accept this towards killers, I don't think this attitude should be shown towards survivors.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1624026#Comment_1624026

    You got it. It's called NOED. If you failed to kill everyone before the gens are all done, you still get a chance to roll around one-shooting and slugging everyone, or, you know, if you feel like hook-camping and then tunneling someone, you can wait a few seconds before picking them up. You play how you want, and we'll play how we want. If that is your strategy, then we'll strategize to counter it.

    You know how appalled killers get when survivors complain about those "strategies?" Well, survivors get equally appalled when killers complain about our counters to those "strategies."

    For killers it's worse. Not liking something is one thing, but we literally can't even use certain killers anymore without someone insulting our credibility as a player, add in the fact that you'll be called racial slurs at the end of the match by four other players. I honestly don't give a ######### which perk anyone uses, only they need to be redone in a way that allow for diverse playstyles.

    I also disagree about NOED, everyone misses the original intent and point of its existence. It's an end game perk like Remember Me. The end game is still part of the game. It isn't over until you leave the exit gates. Its meant to instill a sense of urgency and fear among the survivors. Whether or not it succeeds in this remains to be seen.

  • Provided you're acting in good faith, I do agree it should be fixed. No one should deal with broken gameplay and glitches regardless of which side they play. I don't think killers should use this thread as a means to voice their gripes about perk nor should they take pleasure in it being bugged. It's a bad look. Behavior needs to take some time and get rid of the pressing glitches everyone has been trying to bring to their attention.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1624026#Comment_1624026

    You got it. It's called NOED. If you failed to kill everyone before the gens are all done, you still get a chance to roll around one-shooting and slugging everyone, or, you know, if you feel like hook-camping and then tunneling someone, you can wait a few seconds before picking them up. You play how you want, and we'll play how we want. If that is your strategy, then we'll strategize to counter it.

    You know how appalled killers get when survivors complain about those "strategies?" Well, survivors get equally appalled when killers complain about our counters to those "strategies."

    NOED still requires you to actually land hits. It doesn't kill the survivor even if you fail and miss them. DS straight up gives you a huge benefit that can't be reasonably countered (if Unbreakable and Soul Guard weren't a thing, it would be much less of an issue) and thus gives you a free "play like an idiot" card. NOED is definitely a crutch perk for when you're losing, but it doesn't just put the other team in timeout for you while you hit a single skillcheck. You have to continue to play the game in the intended manner to get any use out of it.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649326#Comment_1649326

    NOED still requires you to actually land hits. It doesn't kill the survivor even if you fail and miss them. DS straight up gives you a huge benefit that can't be reasonably countered (if Unbreakable and Soul Guard weren't a thing, it would be much less of an issue) and thus gives you a free "play like an idiot" card. NOED is definitely a crutch perk for when you're losing, but it doesn't just put the other team in timeout for you while you hit a single skillcheck. You have to continue to play the game in the intended manner to get any use out of it.

    The thing is, DS doesn't really help people who actually play like idiots, just like NOED doesn't. Most of the time, I never get the chance to use DS because the killer either tunnels and slugs me, or I run the killer long enough that, when he finally downs me again, the DS timer is gone. I've heard plenty of killers say that they got hit with it when they legit weren't tunneling, but time kind of flies. If they aren't actually tunneling, then typically, the person comes off the hook, is healed, would have to be hit twice in a chase, and by the time they went down, at best, they might have 10 seconds left on the timer. For me, I find I'm usually going down again just as the timer wears off, so even when I would like to use it, it's too late. And that's when the killer abandons a chase and actually tunnels me.

    As far as I see it, you'd literally have to come off the hook and run right into the killer's arms to be able to use the perk. But yeah, if you come off the hook and the killer runs right back over to you, downs you and picks you up, they deserve to be hit with the perk. Even when killers in my games come running right back to the hook before I can move or be healed, they usually slug me and pursue the person who unhooked me. The actual face-campers will smack the person as they're pulling me off the hook, down me, slug me, and then go after that person. So I still have little to no time to use it.

    You can't imagine how excited I was to actually get the perk, and I was always annoyed that I could never use it. I was terrible at chases, and needed all the help I could get. I'll admit it. But even then, it never stayed active long enough for me to get any use of it, and I still felt like I was tunneled. At times, I actually threw myself at killers just so they'd pick me up, and even then, they'd just leave me there for 30 seconds. Now, I use it even less because they take too long to down me again. Maybe for players like me, DS is a reward for playing poorly. Maybe it is a crutch. But too many people often forget that new players are a thing, or at least, I hope all the bugs haven't scared them all off. They should get the crutch perks. They should get second chances. I couldn't care less if a red-rank killer is upset that a noob they got matched up with (in this absolutely horrific matchmaking system) is getting second chances thanks to crutch perks.

    At the end of the day, crutch perks exist to help new survivors and killers. Many of those perks get tossed and are never really used after the players gain enough personal experience with the game. But it also turns out that many of those newb-crutch perks are REALLY good when used by actual experienced players. They find new and creative ways of using the perks in a more offensive way, and that doesn't mean they should be nerfed. All that does is screw over the people who actually need the crutch.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649267#Comment_1649267

    Watch out guys, we got a rank 1 survivors AND killer who declared DS is a crutch. You can all shut up now, he has spoken

    Well they said I hadn’t played survivor past brown ranks you stupid #########

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1626469#Comment_1626469

    There's something to be said about exploits, but using perks does not make you toxic. They're tools. Things to be used. I wouldn't accept this towards killers, I don't think this attitude should be shown towards survivors.

    yes tools are meant to be used, however they can still be used in scummy ways which does make you toxic

    Using a hammer is fine, using the same hammer to bash baby seals is not

    both sides can use perks in scummy ways like using bbq to camp the survivor because no one is visable

    just like a survivor can use ds as free invincibility to do a gen

1 2 3