Blight is the WORST killer in the game

I don't know if he's the worst but his definitely one of the worst, and its not even his power (mostly) its how the maps are made; 80% of the time you get stuck on some random object. I've played around 8 hours of him 5 on PC and 3 on PS4 and honestly how did they expect console players to aim with him, they def need to add a sensitivity option on him. Also can y'all please keep the token mechanic constant? When Bubba uses a token the entire meter goes down and it has to recharge all the way to get a token back, but with Blight each section on the meter is a token, like what. anyway yeah he has compound 21 but hes still really bad. I see two solutions either they give him a rework or the fix all the map hitboxes.

Comments

  • He's definitely not the worst, that crown goes to wraith or trapper. If they buff his lunge range in lethal rush and changed is first person height he'd be a lot better.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I think he's just a few small tweaks from being a solid A tier.

    He needs better turning and a flick to his rush hit similar to the buff they gave Oni. I'd also like a better post rush lunge distance to make his rush a little more forgiving.

    If he got those he'd be looking pretty good. He's honestly almost there, so close. His handicapped lunge/turning/flick is what's holding him back against good players right now, the counter play is too easy.

    Not to mention how short his camera is...

  • I'd say Trapper is the worst killer. Survivors often escape from traps on the 1st attempt making his power worthless, and if you try to trap to deny an area i.e. Badham school or a strong pallet they can dead hard over it and you have to stop to pick the trap up to get past. A killers power than can hinder him more than it can help. Crazy.

  • @mistar_z said:

    From what I've been playing is that he can be good. But the reward didn't amount to the effort it takes to play him well. Better of just playing spirit.

    Legion is worst at being a killer. And get punished for literately just breathing. 🤣

    This here, Legion i think is actually despite having a lower skill cap because their powers are so similar but legion doesn't have to smack into a wall to use hit, the tradeoff is not being able to down people but it think it will be more consistent.

    At least on console. It really annoys me that 2 original killers in a row have been made basically just for PC

  • Actually doesn't bother me at all.

    I honestly wouldn't have even noticed it at all if people had been spamming the forums about it.

    Just feels like Hag, I don't see the issue.

  • @aEONoHM said:

    He's a killer with a higher than normal skill cap, which I believe is something killer mains have been asking for?

    No im pretty sure killer mains have been asking to fix DS, keys, SWF and gen speed. I don't think a single person has asked for a killer thats harder to play without a having a power strong enough to justify it.

    As a fellow survivor main i really don't understand why people say ######### like this, because blight is great to go against I get it! He's fun to be in a chase with and easy to escape.....but no one is going to play him in a month lol. The devs cater to us, the killers don't so whats the point

  • @DCash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190872/blight-is-the-worst-killer-in-the-game

    I completely, absolutely, wholeheartedly disagree. I played him for the last two days and maxed him out already. Stopped using add-ons completely after I hit prestige 3 50 and I'm getting perfect game after perfect game after perfect game. He is a beast. If you think the maps are an issue then just take a second and realize when you can use your power and when you need to loop/M1. You bust em at the loop and cut them off when they try to run, avoid survivors hiding in large jungle gyms. Everyone keeps saying hes pinball killer, no this is wrong, he is a billiards/pool killer. Precise geometry shots. Furthermore, I think the blights token system works well with his power and it would be boring if every killer was the same.

    Honestly, this sums up Blight in a shellnut.

    I have had such insane luck guarding Devour Soap using Thrill of the Hunt as Blight, it's practically carried my games versus cocky Survivors.

    One second, they butt-dance for my amusement at a loop. The next, they're one-shot and mori'd out of the game out of NOWHERE.

    His mobility, especially on outdoor maps, is absolutely insane. 100 meters of distance basekit within about 5 seconds? He also closes gaps from initial hits very quickly, and if you bounce in weird ways, Survivors don't quite expect it when you run past them, go around the corner, and show up behind them again.

  • @wownicedeadhard said:

    I don't know if he's the worst but his definitely one of the worst, and its not even his power (mostly) its how the maps are made; 80% of the time you get stuck on some random object. I've played around 8 hours of him 5 on PC and 3 on PS4 and honestly how did they expect console players to aim with him, they def need to add a sensitivity option on him. Also can y'all please keep the token mechanic constant? When Bubba uses a token the entire meter goes down and it has to recharge all the way to get a token back, but with Blight each section on the meter is a token, like what. anyway yeah he has compound 21 but hes still really bad. I see two solutions either they give him a rework or the fix all the map hitboxes.

    Ah ah funny flipper goes vroooom

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614182#Comment_1614182

    Stop being negative...in a thread...where the title is literally a negative...

    You must mean "stop disagreeing with me". In which case, no.

    Maybe you should stop being negative. You made the negative thread, Captain Negativity.

    This^

  • @DCash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190872/blight-is-the-worst-killer-in-the-game

    I completely, absolutely, wholeheartedly disagree. I played him for the last two days and maxed him out already. Stopped using add-ons completely after I hit prestige 3 50 and I'm getting perfect game after perfect game after perfect game. He is a beast. If you think the maps are an issue then just take a second and realize when you can use your power and when you need to loop/M1. You bust em at the loop and cut them off when they try to run, avoid survivors hiding in large jungle gyms. Everyone keeps saying hes pinball killer, no this is wrong, he is a billiards/pool killer. Precise geometry shots. Furthermore, I think the blights token system works well with his power and it would be boring if every killer was the same.

    Can you make a guide please? I enjoy him but I have trouble with maximizing his potential, and I can't really find a build other than the obvious corrupt intervention and so on. I'm sure lots of killer mains would appreciate it as he is a very difficult and new killer. Sincerely a fellow killer main.

  • I agree with OP. He's complete trash and probably the worst killer in the game. There is no reason to play him...nothing he can do that other killers can't do better.

  • I'm my opinion he is hard to play, but when you learn him he's ez.

  • @Grain_Of_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614564#Comment_1614564

    Can you make a guide please? I enjoy him but I have trouble with maximizing his potential, and I can't really find a build other than the obvious corrupt intervention and so on. I'm sure lots of killer mains would appreciate it as he is a very difficult and new killer. Sincerely a fellow killer main.

    I can give you an overview of my build and strategy in step-by-step format if you wish. Could post it here or elsewhere to prove how Blight is actually pretty damn good in the right hands.

  • @guyDDDfieri said:

    He's definitely not the worst, that crown goes to wraith or trapper. If they buff his lunge range in lethal rush and changed is first person height he'd be a lot better.

    God, I know Trapper is the worst killer in the game- but by God that killer is my kryptonite. I swear it will take me twenty tries to get out of a bear trap.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Wow, I guess I'm just some god-tier killer main to be getting consistent wins. I never knew I was so good at killer. M1 GOD over here, 10M hours btw.

    Or, maybe you just aren't that great with him and need to practice. He's not Nurse, but he's damn good once you get the hang of it.

    I think he is the best killer, for me anyway. And I'm console, so I've only played him for a week. I'm a natural.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1615270#Comment_1615270

    He's something of a pub stomper. He's extremely good vs bad survivors. However, against good survivors he struggles a lot more. I'm not saying he's a bad killer because of that but it does mean that you really need to master him as soon as you start versing good survivors (when I say good survivors I mean rank 1 and rank 2s) . A rank 1 or rank 2 survivor can easily cost you the game unless you really have your angles down.

    Rank means nothing. Rank 1's and 2's are often #########. I have many many hours in this game and I know rank means that you just play the game a lot. Sure he isn't good in comp play but 95% of DBD is Pub matches and not Comp play. No one is going to use him in comp play but in Pub matches I believe you will destroy survivors if you get good at him. Just my opinion though.

  • @xavyq_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616443#Comment_1616443

    Rank means nothing. Rank 1's and 2's are often #########. I have many many hours in this game and I know rank means that you just play the game a lot. Sure he isn't good in comp play but 95% of DBD is Pub matches and not Comp play. No one is going to use him in comp play but in Pub matches I believe you will destroy survivors if you get good at him. Just my opinion though.

    I feel like Blight has an untapped gold mine tucked away just out of view of people like OP.

    Maybe I'm just lucky, or scummy, or whatever, but I consistently 3-4k, even when my Totems get cleansed. All it takes is BBQ to sniff them out.

  • @wownicedeadhard said:

    I don't know if he's the worst but his definitely one of the worst, and its not even his power (mostly) its how the maps are made; 80% of the time you get stuck on some random object. I've played around 8 hours of him 5 on PC and 3 on PS4 and honestly how did they expect console players to aim with him, they def need to add a sensitivity option on him. Also can y'all please keep the token mechanic constant? When Bubba uses a token the entire meter goes down and it has to recharge all the way to get a token back, but with Blight each section on the meter is a token, like what. anyway yeah he has compound 21 but hes still really bad. I see two solutions either they give him a rework or the fix all the map hitboxes.

    If you are trash with him, it is not our problem 🤡

  • @TheMonadoBoi said:

    He's a great killer.

    Only held back by the devs' stupid limitations which in this case is his flick potential. If they give him the ability to turn more similarly to Oni's he's easily Top 5.

    I think the reason he has restricted “flick” is because the hit box is huge, and because Blight has the ability to always be up a survivors backside.


  • @xavyq_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616443#Comment_1616443

    Rank means nothing. Rank 1's and 2's are often #########. I have many many hours in this game and I know rank means that you just play the game a lot. Sure he isn't good in comp play but 95% of DBD is Pub matches and not Comp play. No one is going to use him in comp play but in Pub matches I believe you will destroy survivors if you get good at him. Just my opinion though.

    Rank absolutely is an indicator of minimum skill level. Rank 1 survivors are those that have reached the minimum level of proficient. Now there are many survivors that could be Rank 1 they just don't play often enough to get to that rank. However to state that anyone could get to rank 1 if they put enough time in is a bit rediculous unless they cheese the system, for example getting killers to farm with them. But outside of a double bp weekend, high rank killers don't generally offer mercy.

  • What you think you are so Hot with him Use him show us a Clip Besides What you’re doing right now Is dissing someone and you are Probably probably not even good either

  • I’m a console user and i get consistent hits with his power and 4k .-.

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    I’m a console user and i get consistent hits with his power and 4k .-.

    Really? Tell me more please. He is not viable against survivors who can take a side step, so I guess that's the reason for your success. His power is useless in almost every sort of tight loop, it's just okay for travelling the map and maybe catch a survivor off-guard. But otherwise I can't see any reason why I should prefer this guy over Oni or Billy. Oni can even do a 90 degree Flick out of demon dash and one shot. So sorry for Blight boy, but he is just utter garbage.

  • @tak47888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617989#Comment_1617989

    Really? Tell me more please. He is not viable against survivors who can take a side step, so I guess that's the reason for your success. His power is useless in almost every sort of tight loop, it's just okay for travelling the map and maybe catch a survivor off-guard. But otherwise I can't see any reason why I should prefer this guy over Oni or Billy. Oni can even do a 90 degree Flick out of demon dash and it's a one shot. So sorry for Blight boy, but he is just utter garbage.

    His power has a high learning curve but offers creative and unique ways to look at looping and playing the game, you don’t play him like a normal killer and well it kinda clicked with me and I never have too big of an issue getting my power juked because if it looks like I’ll get juked i just bounce off another wall realign myself and go again, it is really fun

  • @Grain_Of_Salt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614564#Comment_1614564

    Can you make a guide please? I enjoy him but I have trouble with maximizing his potential, and I can't really find a build other than the obvious corrupt intervention and so on. I'm sure lots of killer mains would appreciate it as he is a very difficult and new killer. Sincerely a fellow killer main.

    Like a video or something written with tips? I could think about it and write some stuff down. I have figured out a few moves I could share.

  • Nice bait bro! He's pretty great try harder next time!

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618019#Comment_1618019

    His power has a high learning curve but offers creative and unique ways to look at looping and playing the game, you don’t play him like a normal killer and well it kinda clicked with me and I never have too big of an issue getting my power juked because if it looks like I’ll get juked i just bounce off another wall realign myself and go again, it is really fun

    I will give him a chance, but so far I am not really impressed by his ability.

  • I only met sweaty tryhards that literally abuse him as always.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617572#Comment_1617572

    Rank absolutely is an indicator of minimum skill level. Rank 1 survivors are those that have reached the minimum level of proficient. Now there are many survivors that could be Rank 1 they just don't play often enough to get to that rank. However to state that anyone could get to rank 1 if they put enough time in is a bit rediculous unless they cheese the system, for example getting killers to farm with them. But outside of a double bp weekend, high rank killers don't generally offer mercy.

    I'll say it again, rank means nothing but that you played a lot. You can ask any big dbd content creator if rank matters and most if not all of them will say no.

  • @DarKaron said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617572#Comment_1617572

    I feel like Blight has an untapped gold mine tucked away just out of view of people like OP.

    Maybe I'm just lucky, or scummy, or whatever, but I consistently 3-4k, even when my Totems get cleansed. All it takes is BBQ to sniff them out.

    Thank you, I feel the same way. My first game was a 1k and after that all 3k's and 4k's. I think he is a very balanced killer .

  • I think he is at least high b-tier if not a-tier. His addons are really good. He is just missing a flick, but maybe that would be considered too strong.

  • It is difficult but I saw some good streamers used it and is very strong if you use the correct addons, but I don't like the power for me looks stupid hit against walls but somehow is fun; I don't know maybe we need more time to play with this killer

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614674#Comment_1614674

    Ironically "top 10" puts him mid tier lol

    I've been destroying with him as well, however as survivor in solo queue we've been destroying him as well. So my point is the results are quite polarizing.

    I feel like a lot of people just don't know what they're doing against him. From the survivor side I can count on one hand the amount of times I've actually been hit by a rush out of many, many games. The counter play just seems too easy and I can see him getting abused as heck when you actually going against some survivors that are even semi decent.

    I think I'm on like 12+ 4k (almost all yellow and below addons, no offerings) win streak as him and a 12+ 3-4e win streak as survivor in solo queue as well (not counting mori games obv)

    Prob more on both those, but that's being more reserved with my estimates and I wasn't counting exactly. Like I said, polarizing results eh?

    Done a lot of 1v1s with some friends who have ~5k hours, and played him vs a squad of a couple comp dbd players in a pub match. (all of these addonless, for 1v1s I only use brutal strength, in matches I use bbq infectious brutal discordance)

    As for 1v1s, he is still really strong and I was able to get many rush hits, and if not then I was able to zone well with the power, also 4k'd some actual good players I knew beforehand with no slowdown, a lot of it being because of the killer I was playing (nobody was sweating, but this definitely made his viability vs good players go up in estimations for me) - also spoke to some friends who pretty much said they've never seen a good Blight in a match - personally I count count the games I've not 4k'd on one hand and that's using no addons or slowdown, out of tens of them - albeit that's pub matches where I win anyway so info like this isn't conclusive, but he still feels fantastically effective. My conclusion from experiences with him like this are he's genuinely a really good killer (rn I have him like top 6-7) - but most people are very bad with him. Pretty much the same with Billy, I can't remember the last time I lost to a Billy, he is basically D tier against anyone decent because of how bad every single Billy you go against is with him. Genuinely think he is the most free win in the game for me, yet he is still obviously a great killer, he is just hard to play well.

  • @tak47888 said:

    I agree with OP. He's complete trash and probably the worst killer in the game. There is no reason to play him...nothing he can do that other killers can't do better.

    @tak47888 said:

    I agree with OP. He's complete trash and probably the worst killer in the game. There is no reason to play him...nothing he can do that other killers can't do better.

    Congrats, you've just outted yourself as bad at the game, blight is insanely good at map control, gen pressuring and finidhing chases in unique, fast, and precise ways. yeah theres a slight learning curve, but if you play for maybe a couple hours you get the hang of it, but to say hes one of the worst in the game really shows how garbage you are at this game.

  • @tak47888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617989#Comment_1617989

    Really? Tell me more please. He is not viable against survivors who can take a side step, so I guess that's the reason for your success. His power is useless in almost every sort of tight loop, it's just okay for travelling the map and maybe catch a survivor off-guard. But otherwise I can't see any reason why I should prefer this guy over Oni or Billy. Oni can even do a 90 degree Flick out of demon dash and one shot. So sorry for Blight boy, but he is just utter garbage.

    I’m a pc user and i get consistent hits with his power and 4k .-.

  • @xavyq_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1617590#Comment_1617590

    Thank you, I feel the same way. My first game was a 1k and after that all 3k's and 4k's. I think he is a very balanced killer .

    Same thing happened for me, i had an unlucky start, was feeling discouraged and said one .ore gsme to really try him out, consistent 3-4 kills ever since, he is actually an insane killer I really dont understand how people arent seeing this, it really shows the good players from the bad in my books, or at least the ines who will put in slight effort and unlocking a beast rather than just only picking community voted s-there for easy dubs.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I think he's just a few small tweaks from being a solid A tier.

    He needs better turning and a flick to his rush hit similar to the buff they gave Oni. I'd also like a better post rush lunge distance to make his rush a little more forgiving.

    If he got those he'd be looking pretty good. He's honestly almost there, so close. His handicapped lunge/turning/flick is what's holding him back against good players right now, the counter play is too easy.

    You can flick with him, it’s just a lot harder and less effective. I do it all the time. He shouldn’t be able to do easy 120 degree flicks as that would probably be too strong as well has make him just another oni. Remember he has different strengths over oni and billy and just because he doesn’t get everything they do doesn’t make him bad. He’s able to get around corners the easiest out of them all by bouncing and instantly changing ditections and doesn’t suffer from charge times or a power gauge like the others.

  • Is not the best. Not bad. I think is top 5-6. Nurse and spirit are better, nice huntress too. Same lvl billy oni. Ph freedy Ds are ez and u can get better results. but he is fun tu play. Maybe a buff in turn rate. I dont know need more time

  • The Blight is instantly S tier for me. He's fun to play as and fun to play against. Honestly, I feel like I'm the only person who actually appreciates this new Killer. One of the best Killers BHVR ever introduced.

    The only thing that's frustrating about him is his POV.

  • Blights my favourite killer; if anything he's too strong. I've played over 50 games with him so far in red ranks, and i've only lost one. His movement is super powerful - and he's genuinely even stronger on the indoor maps if used correctly. I'm not sure how you're saying he's weak

  • I'm in love with The Blight~ Love his mobility to cover map distance and with his add ons you can run a few different strategies with him. My favorite is to have Vigo's Journal, Tinkerer, and Trail of Torment to be a sneaky Blight xD

    I think he has excellent map pressure and much like a Huntress quick fire you just have to get good at those quick rush attacks when indoor or near obstacles. I play on Xbox and still do pretty well with aiming, I can only guess it be easier on pc. I also feel getting that Lethal Rush hit takes more prediction rather then clear of obstacles cause much like hatchet throws or Demo shreds, it only takes a hard turn to dodge a straight on attack. But all in all I give him a 5/5, way too much fun xD

    I also find it interesting that so many people want him to be stronger. I mean he should have counter play like any other killer should and I find it to be pretty balanced myself. If they start going for a cluster just use your power to get to the other side of it quickly to cut them off, move on to a new target, or fake them out. Pretend to leave and then rush back.

  • correction: im bad at a killer so theyre automatically the worst killer in the game

  • @Doodlenugget said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1617226#Comment_1617226

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1617226#Comment_1617226

    Congrats, you've just outted yourself as bad at the game, blight is insanely good at map control, gen pressuring and finidhing chases in unique, fast, and precise ways. yeah theres a slight learning curve, but if you play for maybe a couple hours you get the hang of it, but to say hes one of the worst in the game really shows how garbage you are at this game.

    Well, now that I have played him a bit more I actually do agree...he is in fact a really good killer. And hell yes, he is a lot of fun if you just start to know how to play him. I did him so wrong, sorry blighty boy!!

  • @Doodlenugget said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1618019#Comment_1618019

    I’m a pc user and i get consistent hits with his power and 4k .-.

    Then you never played against a coordinated swf...He still can be dodged quite easy and get genrushed. Even with Hex unduying and Ruin.

  • Hmm. That's odd, 99% of the people I know actually like this Killer. He's hard to use with controller, that's about it... Every streamer I watch and anyone I play with absolutely loves him. Maybe get good.

  • Two words: git gud.

  • How to counter blight rush

    1. WASD

    2. Trees

    3. Rock.

    I have not been hit by a single blight rush.

  • @Zozzy said:

    How to counter blight rush

    1. WASD

    2. Trees

    3. Rock.

    I have not been hit by a single blight rush.

    Word!

  • @tak47888 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/discussion/comment/1624612#Comment_1624612

    Well, now that I have played him a bit more I actually do agree...he is in fact a really good killer. And hell yes, he is a lot of fun if you just start to know how to play him. I did him so wrong, sorry blighty boy!!

    im sorry i was being toxic, i didnt know dbd players could be mature like you, my b bro

1 2 ›