My take on character sexualities

I’ve seen some arguments on Twitter lately so i was just wondering what the take on it was here.. personally I feel like there the characters shouldn’t have set in stone sexualities (lore clearly stating this is who they are and how they identify) I feel like it should be left up to the player to decide.. that way there’s room for new ships and what not..

although here’s how I personally would identify the characters.. I would love to hear feed back so feel free to lemme know if you agree or disagree with anything - !!!!!! EDIT: THIS IS MY OPINION AND IM NOT SAYING THIS SHOULD BE CANNON !!!! SORRY IF IT DOESNT MATCH YOURS !!!!!!

dwight - gay

meg - bi

claudette - straight or asexual

jake - straight/possibly pan?

nea - lesbian

Ace - straight (although he’s a bit flamboyant he strikes me as they type to be a bit of a homophobe)

Feng - Straight

David - Bi

Kate - straight/bi-curious

Adam - Straight

Jeff - Bi/Pan

Jane - Pan

Yui - Lesbian

Zarina - Bi

Felix - straight/possibly bi?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614440#Comment_1614440

    Finally someone who understands where I’m coming from!!! <3 I completely agree with you ! and the fact that so many people attacked me because “it means nothing” and “we don’t need representation in this game” was soooo frustrating! Their clearly straight, probably homophobic and made that very clear.. they’ll never understand the struggle of not having anyone to relate to in a game or a movie because there’s no one that’s really like us in it and it shows.. I’m glad the worlds getting to a point where it’s getting better, The last of us with Ellie and Dina, apex with girbilator or however you spell his name and the fallout games by making it to where you can romance any companion you want.. I’m hoping dbd will follow through with what they said they’d do soon and add some lgbt characters, but dewight and David should defenitly be cannon lol i love the ship and could totally see them being the cute lil jock and nerd couple lol.. also I really appreciate this comment it genuinely made me really happy to see someone who could see how I felt and understood me <3

    Seeing your original comment made me really happy as well. The gaming world is VERY toxic in regards to lgbt. People using gay and outdated homophobic slurs as common day insults. We still have a long way to go but I'm hoping we can all just be respectful of each other and encourage representation for not only sexual orientations but other ethnicities as well.

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614440#Comment_1614440

    Finally someone who understands where I’m coming from!!! <3 I completely agree with you ! and the fact that so many people attacked me because “it means nothing” and “we don’t need representation in this game” was soooo frustrating! Their clearly straight, probably homophobic and made that very clear.. they’ll never understand the struggle of not having anyone to relate to in a game or a movie because there’s no one that’s really like us in it and it shows.. I’m glad the worlds getting to a point where it’s getting better, The last of us with Ellie and Dina, apex with girbilator or however you spell his name and the fallout games by making it to where you can romance any companion you want.. I’m hoping dbd will follow through with what they said they’d do soon and add some lgbt characters, but dewight and David should defenitly be cannon lol i love the ship and could totally see them being the cute lil jock and nerd couple lol.. also I really appreciate this comment it genuinely made me really happy to see someone who could see how I felt and understood me <3

    "Now that i have people who agree with me, i feel safe to brand everyone who didn't agree with me as homophobic"

    Bisexual myself by the way.

    I find people who throw around the homophobia word casually like that, just as f***ing bad as the actual homphobes. It cheapens the word beyond measure and you have absoloutley no idea the actual sexuality or beliefs of anyone in this forum. You're just pissed everyone isn't agreeing with your head cannon.

    Pretty despicable to be throwing homophobic around like a two dollar word on an internet forum because people don't want to play your game.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614472#Comment_1614472

    "Now that i have people who agree with me, i feel safe to brand everyone who didn't agree with me as homophobic"

    Bisexual myself by the way.

    I find people who throw around the homophobia word casually like that, just as f***ing bad as the actual homphobes. It cheapens the word beyond measure and you have absoloutley no idea the actual sexuality or beliefs of anyone in this forum. You're just pissed everyone isn't agreeing with your head cannon.

    Pretty despicable to be throwing homophobic around like a two dollar word on an internet forum because people don't want to play your game.

    Clearly you didn’t read all the comment.. not only myself but other people as well have commented on the homophobia that people have commented on this post..

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614472#Comment_1614472

    Seeing your original comment made me really happy as well. The gaming world is VERY toxic in regards to lgbt. People using gay and outdated homophobic slurs as common day insults. We still have a long way to go but I'm hoping we can all just be respectful of each other and encourage representation for not only sexual orientations but other ethnicities as well.

    I agree the gaming community can be disgustingly toxic to lgbt at times.. but we need to learn to embrace our differences.. and I as well would LOVE to see new ethnicities brought in to the game.. Muslim, Native American, Pacific Islander, Hispanic and evening some more African Americans and more would be great new additions for new characters and a great way for more representation in the game :)

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Who

    TF

    cares

    Seriously why does this kind of ######### need to be written out. Just let it be whatever you want it to be. Nobody cares.

    Yeah it can be anything you want! So why are people saying their opinions that don't align with mine! I mean I don't care, no one cares we aren't homophobes. They aren't real people they can be anything you want BUT they are all straight and if anyone says otherwise I will smash my ######### keyboard, idc how obvious it is that Meg bats for the other team damn it! Why is there an Oktoberfest collection but not a straight pride collection? GRAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    Also ace ain't no homophobe, if any survivor is its David but only because hes repressing his homosexual feelings. That's actually the lore behind no mither

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614524#Comment_1614524

    Clearly you didn’t read all the comment.. not only myself but other people as well have commented on the homophobia that people have commented on this post..

    Actually i did read it, and found myself disgusted by the responses, whipping out the word homophobic like it was a shield that could end an argument.

    You want to toy with the characters sexuality? You go to town, come up with whatever you fancy in your head. But the minute you put it up on the forums, asking for opinions then get mad and start throwing out the H word when opinions aren't to your liking, that's where you end up in the wrong.

    That kind of attitude doesn't encourage tolerance or understanding, it just makes everything combative when it doesn't have to be.

    If DBD want to make a little LGBTQ representation in the future, more power to them, and hey, it might be one of those small steps that build to big things in the gaming world, I am all down for that, and I garuntee you the REAL homophobic attitudes will be the vast minority, who will quickly get squashed. They always do.

    But disagreeing with your opinion, does not a homophobe make.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614472#Comment_1614472

    "Now that i have people who agree with me, i feel safe to brand everyone who didn't agree with me as homophobic"

    Bisexual myself by the way.

    I find people who throw around the homophobia word casually like that, just as f***ing bad as the actual homphobes. It cheapens the word beyond measure and you have absoloutley no idea the actual sexuality or beliefs of anyone in this forum. You're just pissed everyone isn't agreeing with your head cannon.

    Pretty despicable to be throwing homophobic around like a two dollar word on an internet forum because people don't want to play your game.

    Pretty much. That's how virtue signallers argue.

    Also bisexual by the way. A bisexual indigenous man engaged to a bisexual woman. I'm 35 years old - I've been dealing with the toxicity far longer than they have, I bet. They think it's bad NOW? Super KEK. Much WOW.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614543#Comment_1614543

    Actually i did read it, and found myself disgusted by the responses, whipping out the word homophobic like it was a shield that could end an argument.

    You want to toy with the characters sexuality? You go to town, come up with whatever you fancy in your head. But the minute you put it up on the forums, asking for opinions then get mad and start throwing out the H word when opinions aren't to your liking, that's where you end up in the wrong.

    That kind of attitude doesn't encourage tolerance or understanding, it just makes everything combative when it doesn't have to be.

    If DBD want to make a little LGBTQ representation in the future, more power to them, and hey, it might be one of those small steps that build to big things in the gaming world, I am all down for that, and I garuntee you the REAL homophobic attitudes will be the vast minority, who will quickly get squashed. They always do.

    But disagreeing with your opinion, does not a homophobe make.

    OP wasn't, at least for the most part, getting hate for their opinions. They were getting hate for merely bringing up the topic. A topic the devs themselves have said they'd be addressing in the near future. OP hasn't had issue with people having dissimilar opinions and has remained polite and tolerant throughout. The issue is that OP has been getting aggro on a topic that the devs themselves have raised. Very few people have actually voiced any opinion on the topic and seem to be attacking OP for merely raising the issue the devs originally brought up...

    But thats just my opinion...

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614426#Comment_1614426

    completely agree with these !! Nice to see someone’s else think that Felix could possibly be bi btw.. whenever it said he frequently partied, drank etc. to cope with his fathers disappearance that’s when I was like.. yuup he’s probably bi lmao..

    I'm not attacking you at all but you make it seem like straight people don't drink when they're depressed lmao

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614543#Comment_1614543

    Actually i did read it, and found myself disgusted by the responses, whipping out the word homophobic like it was a shield that could end an argument.

    You want to toy with the characters sexuality? You go to town, come up with whatever you fancy in your head. But the minute you put it up on the forums, asking for opinions then get mad and start throwing out the H word when opinions aren't to your liking, that's where you end up in the wrong.

    That kind of attitude doesn't encourage tolerance or understanding, it just makes everything combative when it doesn't have to be.

    If DBD want to make a little LGBTQ representation in the future, more power to them, and hey, it might be one of those small steps that build to big things in the gaming world, I am all down for that, and I garuntee you the REAL homophobic attitudes will be the vast minority, who will quickly get squashed. They always do.

    But disagreeing with your opinion, does not a homophobe make.

    Again let me remind you.. I used it once.. unsure why your overreacting like I said it to every person who disagreed with me.. and other people commented on the homophobia shown throughout this too.. I didn’t use it as a “shield” I don’t act like being gay makes me any less capable or puts me at a disadvantage in life.. I’m proud of who I am.. I said it becuase it was truth.. no one put their opinions in the matter, majority simply said things like it’s shouldn’t be in the game period because “we don’t need representation” and “it doesn’t matter” which wasn’t the point of the post nor did it awnser what I was asking.. if they think everyone should be straight (as unrealistic as that is) then they should have simply said that instead of attacking me, overreacting and making a big to do because I gave my opinon on Who in the game may or may not be gay..

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614576#Comment_1614576

    OP wasn't, at least for the most part, getting hate for their opinions. They were getting hate for merely bringing up the topic. A topic the devs themselves have said they'd be addressing in the near future. OP hasn't had issue with people having dissimilar opinions and has remained polite and tolerant throughout. The issue is that OP has been getting aggro on a topic that the devs themselves have raised. Very few people have actually voiced any opinion on the topic and seem to be attacking OP for merely raising the issue the devs originally brought up...

    But thats just my opinion...

    They didn't get hate for bringing up the topic. They got hate for blatant virtue signalling; and defining people on how they look (which is absolutely abhorrent behavior). Veiling it as "i used the lore!" when the lore doesn't even touch these matters. The second they were confronted with actual logic, people confronting them were homophobic. Absolutely shameful behavior. That victim mentality is what continues to create homophobic people, because the world has had enough of that virtue signalling crap.

    They are the bad guy here.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614576#Comment_1614576

    OP wasn't, at least for the most part, getting hate for their opinions. They were getting hate for merely bringing up the topic. A topic the devs themselves have said they'd be addressing in the near future. OP hasn't had issue with people having dissimilar opinions and has remained polite and tolerant throughout. The issue is that OP has been getting aggro on a topic that the devs themselves have raised. Very few people have actually voiced any opinion on the topic and seem to be attacking OP for merely raising the issue the devs originally brought up...

    But thats just my opinion...

    yeah, I mean, just look how many people in this thread are seriously saying 'they are fictional, they can be anything you want it doesn't matter' completely ignoring the fact that to many, many many people NOT cishet it DOES matter.

    it's the same with other bits of rep. like, there's a reason some people admire autistic-coded characters like claudette or caleb...


    And... people who continuously can see themselves represented in media don't get it. (same type of people who often think outdated, hurtful stereotypes are good rep... kind of people who will tell you you mustn't see caleb as autistic cause he's a bad guy)

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614576#Comment_1614576

    OP wasn't, at least for the most part, getting hate for their opinions. They were getting hate for merely bringing up the topic. A topic the devs themselves have said they'd be addressing in the near future. OP hasn't had issue with people having dissimilar opinions and has remained polite and tolerant throughout. The issue is that OP has been getting aggro on a topic that the devs themselves have raised. Very few people have actually voiced any opinion on the topic and seem to be attacking OP for merely raising the issue the devs originally brought up...

    But thats just my opinion...

    Thank you spoken perfectly !! I appreciate it <3

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614598#Comment_1614598

    They didn't get hate for bringing up the topic. They got hate for blatant virtue signalling; and defining people on how they look (which is absolutely abhorrent behavior). Veiling it as "i used the lore!" when the lore doesn't even touch these matters. The second they were confronted with actual logic, people confronting them were homophobic. Absolutely shameful behavior. That victim mentality is what continues to create homophobic people, because the world has had enough of that virtue signalling crap.

    They are the bad guy here.

    The fact you keep coming back and saying the same old ######### bruh.. these characters ARENT REAL how else are you supposed to know if they are gay or not.. reading lore, looking at their style and how they act is the only way you can determine if this character may or may not be gay.. you clearly are against gay even being an aspect and using cheap tactics to make me out as the bad guy THESE ARE CHARACTERS.. it’s wrong to assume REAL PEOPLE to be gay by their looks or actions but these people are MADE UP! please stop commenting the same ridiculous posts because you have a problem with thought of a character possibly being gay

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614611#Comment_1614611

    The fact you keep coming back and saying the same old ######### bruh.. these characters ARENT REAL how else are you supposed to know if they are gay or not.. reading lore, looking at their style and how they act is the only way you can determine if this character may or may not be gay.. you clearly are against gay even being an aspect and using cheap tactics to make me out as the bad guy THESE ARE CHARACTERS.. it’s wrong to assume REAL PEOPLE to be gay by their looks or actions but these people are MADE UP! please stop commenting the same ridiculous posts because you have a problem with thought of a character possibly being gay

    Some of these comments really be reminding me of English lecturers: "Though she never dated any males and lived with a woman, it is impossible to assume she was a lesbian. They could have shared a bed to stay warm and save on bed purchases. The many times they were seen holding each other intimately or passionately kissing could have been as practice for male suitors. The multiple times she said she was "hella gay" could have merely been for comedic purposes. We can never know..."

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614611#Comment_1614611

    The fact you keep coming back and saying the same old ######### bruh.. these characters ARENT REAL how else are you supposed to know if they are gay or not.. reading lore, looking at their style and how they act is the only way you can determine if this character may or may not be gay.. you clearly are against gay even being an aspect and using cheap tactics to make me out as the bad guy THESE ARE CHARACTERS.. it’s wrong to assume REAL PEOPLE to be gay by their looks or actions but these people are MADE UP! please stop commenting the same ridiculous posts because you have a problem with thought of a character possibly being gay

    Same old #########? Like you? Labeling people as homophobes and toxic because they disagree with you? Or like you, lying about using "the lore" to come up with your preferences? Taking it as a personal offense or attack everytime someone has a different opinion? Nobody has attacked you here, or called you names etc. You've been nothing but condescending and all over the place with your logic.

    Nobody is disagreeing with your belief system. They are disagreeing with your attitude.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614621#Comment_1614621

    Some of these comments really be reminding me of English lecturers: "Though she never dated any males and lived with a woman, it is impossible to assume she was a lesbian. They could have shared a bed to stay warm and save on bed purchases. The many times they were seen holding each other intimately or passionately kissing could have been as practice for male suitors. The multiple times she said she was "hella gay" could have merely been for comedic purposes. We can never know..."

    Literally XD like it very clear y’all just don’t wanna except it smh


  • @ringwinning said:

    Personally I don't see Min (Feng) as straight; I see her as bi leaning towards men but not straight.

    And I don't know why but Felix strikes me as straight up gay.

    I mean, he sounds like he's having his prostate tickled whenever he gets hit.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614621#Comment_1614621

    Same old #########? Like you? Labeling people as homophobes and toxic because they disagree with you? Or like you, lying about using "the lore" to come up with your preferences? Taking it as a personal offense or attack everytime someone has a different opinion? Nobody has attacked you here, or called you names etc. You've been nothing but condescending and all over the place with your logic.

    Nobody is disagreeing with your belief system. They are disagreeing with your attitude.

    Here you go again lmfaoo.. I never specifically labeled anyone as homophobic and I never called anyone toxic.. and yes ppl have called me names including you in the paragraph above multiple times lol.. I never took personal offense but I was attacked plenty of times and other ppl even stated this.. also you have attacked me on the topic since comment 1.. also there is no logic.. it simply a game and me sharing my opinon on who I thought could possibly be gay.. the only person taking offense is you and the plenty of other people that have a problem with my opinon.. if you don’t agree you don’t have to comment.. yet you have at least 5+ times.. my attitude has been calm throughout this entire situation.. up until my comment before this.. but only because your loosely based reasoning and abnoxious/continuous comments

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614635#Comment_1614635

    Here you go again lmfaoo.. I never specifically labeled anyone as homophobic and I never called anyone toxic.. and yes ppl have called me names including you in the paragraph above multiple times lol.. I never took personal offense but I was attacked plenty of times and other ppl even stated this.. also you have attacked me on the topic since comment 1.. also there is no logic.. it simply a game and me sharing my opinon on who I thought could possibly be gay.. the only person taking offense is you and the plenty of other people that have a problem with my opinon.. if you don’t agree you don’t have to comment.. yet you have at least 5+ times.. my attitude has been calm throughout this entire situation.. up until my comment before this.. but only because your loosely based reasoning and abnoxious/continuous comments

    Here you go again. LAMOW.

    I didn't call you any names, by the way. Virtue signaller isn't a name, it's a term; and it's literally, by definition, what you were doing.

    But hey - continue judging people by their appearance. I'll be the non judgmental one here.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614651#Comment_1614651

    Here you go again. LAMOW.

    I didn't call you any names, by the way. Virtue signaller isn't a name, it's a term; and it's literally, by definition, what you were doing.

    But hey - continue judging people by their appearance. I'll be the non judgmental one here.

    virtue Signaller? to MADE UP.. FICTIONAL.. CHARACTERS.. You sound ridiculous but go off 😂 anyways I’ve had enough of the comments, slander and overall hate from you goodbye 👋 🙄

  • let me guess, sloppy, you think Deathslinger's straight...

  • @MotherOfRaccoons said:

    Jesus who cares...

    I care, buzz off.

  • My take on them:

    Dwight: Bi, but he is kind of nervous or scared to explore his sexuality further so he sticks with woman.

    Meg- bi

    Claudette- assexual

    Jake- pansexual

    Nea- Lesbian

    Ace- straight or bi, i'm not really sure

    Feng- bi

    David- straight

    Kate- straight

    Adam- straight

    Jeff- straight

    Jane- straight

    Yui- lesbian

    Zarina- bi

    Felix- straight, but hoping for bi ;-;

  • To me they are all straight.

  • This thread is the gift that just keeps on giving.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614736#Comment_1614736

    Dude - can you either add to the topic or just leave? All you seem to be doing is trying to pick a fight with OP...

    If you have a different opinion on the characters by all means post them - most would like to hear what others think and how they got to their opinion. Lets just stay on topic, okay?

    I tried to add to the thread a long time ago - until I was vilified for disagreeing with the OP. If you can't handle alternative opinions and ideas, again, don't post. Period.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614764#Comment_1614764

    I tried to add to the thread a long time ago - until I was vilified for disagreeing with the OP. If you can't handle alternative opinions and ideas, again, don't post. Period.

    Well lets just take this as an opportunity for a fresh start! As I said, if you have a different opinion on the characters I'd love to hear what you think and how they got to that opinion.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614777#Comment_1614777

    Well lets just take this as an opportunity for a fresh start! As I said, if you have a different opinion on the characters I'd love to hear what you think and how they got to that opinion.

    My opinion has been stated, multiple times.

    These things were left ambiguous for this very reason. So we could determine and identify with this ######### for ourselves. Your Felix is gay. My Felix is PewDiePie (he's from Sweden as well!). But slapping on a definition based on *how they look* is disgusting.

  • Pretty solid list tbh. I can absolutely see where you got most of those headcannons from

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614784#Comment_1614784

    My opinion has been stated, multiple times.

    These things were left ambiguous for this very reason. So we could determine and identify with this ######### for ourselves. Your Felix is gay. My Felix is PewDiePie (he's from Sweden as well!). But slapping on a definition based on *how they look* is disgusting.

    And for what its worth I agree with you 100%. I dont think the devs should specifiy any characters sexuality. In my head everyone was bi and could be shipped with anyone.

    The devs said during Pride Month that they would be delving into specific characters sexuality (and seem to have at least hinted towards Felix').

    Do I think this is the right move? No.

    Am I okay with it as long as there is fair representation? Sure.

    Do I think someones appearance has anything to do with their sexuality? No.

    Am I going to see characteristics, either mannerisms or appearances, of myself and those in my life within the ingame characters? I dont think its possible not to - at least not for at least one character...

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614784#Comment_1614784

    My opinion has been stated, multiple times.

    These things were left ambiguous for this very reason. So we could determine and identify with this ######### for ourselves. Your Felix is gay. My Felix is PewDiePie (he's from Sweden as well!). But slapping on a definition based on *how they look* is disgusting.

    and from what I gather your opinion is that only no clear representation is good representation because 'it leaves things open for everyone'.... dude, no.

    The thing is simple:

    leaving things ambiguous is not representation. Or are you trying to say you won't be able to like a character anymore if they're canonically something or another?

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614784#Comment_1614784

    My opinion has been stated, multiple times.

    These things were left ambiguous for this very reason. So we could determine and identify with this ######### for ourselves. Your Felix is gay. My Felix is PewDiePie (he's from Sweden as well!). But slapping on a definition based on *how they look* is disgusting.

    These things were not left ambiguous, at all. Every referenced relationship is heterosexual. You should read the lore more carefully, starting with Sally's.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614791#Comment_1614791

    And for what its worth I agree with you 100%. I dont think the devs should specifiy any characters sexuality. In my head everyone was bi and could be shipped with anyone.

    The devs said during Pride Month that they would be delving into specific characters sexuality (and seem to have at least hinted towards Felix').

    Do I think this is the right move? No.

    Am I okay with it as long as there is fair representation? Sure.

    Do I think someones appearance has anything to do with their sexuality? No.

    Am I going to see characteristics, either mannerisms or appearances, of myself and those in my life within the ingame characters? I dont think its possible not to - at least not for at least one character...

    They gave those hints before though and didn’t start with Felix, which was pretty much the whole problem. See Nurse, Legion, David for examples. Almost no one had a problem with that btw.


    They never stated they would outright give the sexuality of a character either. They just admitted they included straight relationships even though they said they wouldn’t include any sexuality and are now open to treat other sexualitys the same way.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614791#Comment_1614791

    These things were not left ambiguous, at all. Every referenced relationship is heterosexual. You should read the lore more carefully, starting with Sally's.

    Every referenced relationship. To which there's....how many? Not a lot, really. As compared to the majority that haven't really been delved into at all.

    But okay. Sure. lol

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614801#Comment_1614801

    They gave those hints before though and didn’t start with Felix, which was pretty much the whole problem. See Nurse, Legion, David for examples. Almost no one had a problem with that btw.

    They never stated they would outright give the sexuality of a character either. They just admitted they included straight relationships even though they said they wouldn’t include any sexuality and are now open to treat other sexualitys the same way.

    I will hold my hand up and admit that I am not a huge lore buff - I've only vaguely been paying attention to it since the rift, etc.

    A lot of the hetero-normative stuff simply goes by unnoticed which is why fair and equal representation is important.

    Fully didnt know anything about the Nurses relationships being in her bio and will look it up.

    Tbh I've blocked most of Legion from my mind and I keep forgetting about the relationships within that group...

    As for David, again, the only thing I was familiar with was him fighting to protect his friend (in the recent archives) but will look into that more also! Thanks!

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614020#Comment_1614020

    This was simply to ask the community’s take on a current discussion even the devs have addressed.. sorry this makes you uncomfortable?

    Not, it is just dumb, most unimportant thing in whole world.

    You feel uncomfortable, because people like you must have confirmation about someone being gay in everything and everywhere. Because you want feel normal and accepted by others. Its sad.

    Just look at this post. People with different orientation are minority. And here? Most of character are this minority. Another gay propaganda.

    Also - Straight people dont waste time on dumb posts like this one.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614825#Comment_1614825

    Every referenced relationship. To which there's....how many? Not a lot, really. As compared to the majority that haven't really been delved into at all.

    But okay. Sure. lol

    There's many, actually. Again, go read the lore more carefully.

  • @Grison said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614031#Comment_1614031

    Not, it is just dumb, most unimportant thing in whole world.

    You feel uncomfortable, because people like you must have confirmation about someone being gay in everything and everywhere. Because you want feel normal and accepted by others. Its sad.

    Just look at this post. People with different orientation are minority. And here? Most of character are this minority. Another gay propaganda.

    Also - Straight people dont waste time on dumb posts like this one.

    This was originally brought up by the devs. OP is merely giving their opinion on what the devs had originally said.

    If this is the "most unimportant thing in the world" why did you get triggered enough to write ten sentences on the subject?

  • i never understand why everybody thinks David is gay, I’m British myself and I know plenty of people who look like David and are up for a good scrap at the pub and they’re the furthest thing from gay, is it because he’s strong? I don’t get it lmao

  • @ACTIV3_GNASHER said:

    i never understand why everybody thinks David is gay, I’m British myself and I know plenty of people who look like David and are up for a good scrap at the pub and they’re the furthest thing from gay, is it because he’s strong? I don’t get it lmao

    i think it's the homophobic stereotype of 'oh, he's so hypermasculine, he must secretly be gay'. the alternative is people really wanted the contrast-ship with dwight, which... isn't all that great in terms of not being homophobic either...

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614827#Comment_1614827

    I will hold my hand up and admit that I am not a huge lore buff - I've only vaguely been paying attention to it since the rift, etc.

    A lot of the hetero-normative stuff simply goes by unnoticed which is why fair and equal representation is important.

    Fully didnt know anything about the Nurses relationships being in her bio and will look it up.

    Tbh I've blocked most of Legion from my mind and I keep forgetting about the relationships within that group...

    As for David, again, the only thing I was familiar with was him fighting to protect his friend (in the recent archives) but will look into that more also! Thanks!

    they are mostly just mentions, in case of David it was in his archive lore and really just one sentence. Pretty much totally unnecessary but what if instead of girlfriend it was boyfriend... and they Statement during pride month can be mostly interpreted that way that they will now handle non hetero relations just as those now.

  • I'm closing this as none of you seem to actually want to have a discussion and are just getting more and more argumentative.

    It seems to always end the same way, some people are unable to accept another persons opinion and that's not on here.

1 2 3 ›