My take on character sexualities

I’ve seen some arguments on Twitter lately so i was just wondering what the take on it was here.. personally I feel like there the characters shouldn’t have set in stone sexualities (lore clearly stating this is who they are and how they identify) I feel like it should be left up to the player to decide.. that way there’s room for new ships and what not..

although here’s how I personally would identify the characters.. I would love to hear feed back so feel free to lemme know if you agree or disagree with anything - !!!!!! EDIT: THIS IS MY OPINION AND IM NOT SAYING THIS SHOULD BE CANNON !!!! SORRY IF IT DOESNT MATCH YOURS !!!!!!

dwight - gay

meg - bi

claudette - straight or asexual

jake - straight/possibly pan?

nea - lesbian

Ace - straight (although he’s a bit flamboyant he strikes me as they type to be a bit of a homophobe)

Feng - Straight

David - Bi

Kate - straight/bi-curious

Adam - Straight

Jeff - Bi/Pan

Jane - Pan

Yui - Lesbian

Zarina - Bi

Felix - straight/possibly bi?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Its a video game... What is the world coming to.

  • Personally I don't see Min (Feng) as straight; I see her as bi leaning towards men but not straight.

    And I don't know why but Felix strikes me as straight up gay.

  • @BillyMain77 said:

    Its a video game... What is the world coming to.

    This was simply to ask the community’s take on a current discussion even the devs have addressed.. sorry this makes you uncomfortable?

  • @ringwinning said:

    Personally I don't see Min (Feng) as straight; I see her as bi leaning towards men but not straight.

    And I don't know why but Felix strikes me as straight up gay.

    you make a good point with feng lol.. and when I first saw Felix I felt the exact same lol but in his lore he has a girlfriend so that’s why I think hes bi

  • seems like you're making deliberately almost everybody not straight because that's a cool feature to have in a videogame, my god, how can you even come out with such conclusion when the characters lore is so bland (except claudette, that might be reasonable), like Felix had a wife, seems pretty obvious to me.

  • Eh, I agree we could use some representation, but I dont think making every character gay one way or the other is the way to go.

  • I'm unsure why the sexuality of a character with like 3 paragraphs of actual written lore in a video game where they are literally meant to die matters. All of this is based off appearances...and I mean, judging people by how they look is kind of scummy.

  • You aren't really "addressing" anything lol.

    What I want to address though is Felix's random Pregnant Girlfriend. Literally came out of no where and had no real place in the story and made most of how they defined Felix to come into question.

    Also: I ship Kate/Jeff forever.

  • @YaiPa said:

    seems like you're making deliberately almost everybody not straight because that's a cool feature to have in a videogame, my god, how can you even come out with such conclusion when the characters lore is so bland (except claudette, that might be reasonable), like Felix had a wife, seems pretty obvious to me.

    Felix had a girlfriend correction.. and a majority of the community agrees that Felix defenitly isn’t straight not to mention lore making a point to say he frequently drank and partied whos to say he hasn’t expiremented during that time too but anyways... meg, dewight, Kate, David and nea all have very popular gay ships or are just popularly assumes to be lgbt..

  • Rule 34 🤷‍♂️

  • @YaiPa said:

    seems like you're making deliberately almost everybody not straight because that's a cool feature to have in a videogame, my god, how can you even come out with such conclusion when the characters lore is so bland (except claudette, that might be reasonable), like Felix had a wife, seems pretty obvious to me.

    I know, I think this is just what the OP wants, whether subconsciously or consciously. Like how do you get Jeff to be Bi/Pan?

  • Why are you trying to assign sexualities to characters can't you just enjoy the characters enough without doing that

    also

    dwight - doesn't get any from either gender

    meg - breaths too loud

    claudette - Gender_XX_Preference not found its too sneaky

    jake - is a chad yoga instructor

    nea - entity don't need love

    Ace - Gambler

    Feng - Gamer

    David - Too bloody too often to be with anyone

    Kate - Too busy writing music to bother with the slim pickings in the entitiys realm

    Adam - Known to throw pebbles in bed

    Jeff - Spends too much time trimming hair/beard to have any left over to bother

    Jane - Pan fried rice

    Yui - tries to flirt but can't stop driving people away by bragging about moterbikes

    Zarina - Probably straight because she is interesting in cowBOYS

    Felix - Had a wife

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614035#Comment_1614035

    Felix had a girlfriend correction.. and a majority of the community agrees that Felix defenitly isn’t straight not to mention lore making a point to say he frequently drank and partied whos to say he hasn’t expiremented during that time too but anyways... meg, dewight, Kate, David and nea all have very popular gay ships or are just popularly assumes to be lgbt..

    the community agrees on what base? it's like the meme that Dwight and David are a couple, despite living in completely different countries (and who knows, maybe times). That's the point, you wrote down an entire shopping list where you chose the sexuality randomly, like making every female bi or lesbian seems rather a fantasy to me. Why should Jeff be pansexual, any hints?

    you can believe whatever you want, create your own story, just don't say "x characters are this and that, because many people said so, based on nothing proved, and many people saying the same thing it's the truth".

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614035#Comment_1614035

    I know, I think this is just what the OP wants, whether subconsciously or consciously. Like how do you get Jeff to be Bi/Pan?

    He's an artist? 🤷

  • @CheeseAnton said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614035#Comment_1614035

    I know, I think this is just what the OP wants, whether subconsciously or consciously. Like how do you get Jeff to be Bi/Pan?

    This was simply my opinion on how I perceived the characters to be.. I stated this in the text.. sorry it doesn’t fit yours..

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614042#Comment_1614042

    the community agrees on what base? it's like the meme that Dwight and David are a couple, despite living in completely different countries (and who knows, maybe times). That's the point, you wrote down an entire shopping list where you chose the sexuality randomly, like making every female bi or lesbian seems rather a fantasy to me. Why should Jeff be pansexual, any hints?

    you can believe whatever you want, create your own story, just don't say "x characters are this and that, because many people said so, based on nothing proved, and many people saying the same thing it's the truth".

    This was my opinion.. based off lore I stated that.. thank u

  • @bjorksnas said:

    Why are you trying to assign sexualities to characters can't you just enjoy the characters enough without doing that

    also

    dwight - doesn't get any from either gender

    meg - breaths too loud

    claudette - Gender_XX_Preference not found its too sneaky

    jake - is a chad yoga instructor

    nea - entity don't need love

    Ace - Gambler

    Feng - Gamer

    David - Too bloody too often to be with anyone

    Kate - Too busy writing music to bother with the slim pickings in the entitiys realm

    Adam - Known to throw pebbles in bed

    Jeff - Spends too much time trimming hair/beard to have any left over to bother

    Jane - Pan fried rice

    Yui - tries to flirt but can't stop driving people away by bragging about moterbikes

    Zarina - Probably straight because she is interesting in cowBOYS

    Felix - Had a wife

    Felix wasn't married.

    How have 2 people in this thread stated that he had a wife when he doesn't have a wife?

  • @bjorksnas said:

    Why are you trying to assign sexualities to characters can't you just enjoy the characters enough without doing that

    also

    dwight - doesn't get any from either gender

    meg - breaths too loud

    claudette - Gender_XX_Preference not found its too sneaky

    jake - is a chad yoga instructor

    nea - entity don't need love

    Ace - Gambler

    Feng - Gamer

    David - Too bloody too often to be with anyone

    Kate - Too busy writing music to bother with the slim pickings in the entitiys realm

    Adam - Known to throw pebbles in bed

    Jeff - Spends too much time trimming hair/beard to have any left over to bother

    Jane - Pan fried rice

    Yui - tries to flirt but can't stop driving people away by bragging about moterbikes

    Zarina - Probably straight because she is interesting in cowBOYS

    Felix - Had a wife

    He didn’t have a wife he had girlfriend read the lore.. and if there’s lore about character background why can’t sexuality be apart of it?

  • Normally, I wouldn't really care about this topic. I just feel it doesn't have any place in a game where the characters are trapped in an eternal cycle of death until the ultimately lose all hope and become soulless husks tossed aside into an endless void. I think sexuality is the LAST thing on their mind given the circumstances.

    That being said, BHVR did make a big deal about it during Pride Month, and we're still waiting on actions to back up those words. That is the price of making such statements during such a time: people start expecting action to support your words. BHVR has done practically nothing besides a few things DURING Pride Month, and if they did do something inclusive, it was so small that it passed under my radar. Which, considering I check these forums multiple times a day because I'm bored, would be impossible.

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614035#Comment_1614035

    Felix had a girlfriend correction.. and a majority of the community agrees that Felix defenitly isn’t straight not to mention lore making a point to say he frequently drank and partied whos to say he hasn’t expiremented during that time too but anyways... meg, dewight, Kate, David and nea all have very popular gay ships or are just popularly assumes to be lgbt..

    Agree based on what though? lol

    What does "the majority agreeing" mean? Does that make it more true? Answer: No it doesn't.

    These things are left ambiguous for a reason, lol

  • Not trying to hate, but i'm just saying that this is clearly based off of ships made by the community.

    I know this because almost nobody is straight.

    This is a joke, please take it as one.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    Normally, I wouldn't really care about this topic. I just feel it doesn't have any place in a game where the characters are trapped in an eternal cycle of death until the ultimately lose all hope and become soulless husks tossed aside into an endless void. I think sexuality is the LAST thing on their mind given the circumstances.

    That being said, BHVR did make a big deal about it during Pride Month, and we're still waiting on actions to back up those words. That is the price of making such statements during such a time: people start expecting action to support your words. BHVR has done practically nothing besides a few things DURING Pride Month, and if they did do something inclusive, it was so small that it passed under my radar. Which, considering I check these forums multiple times a day because I'm bored, would be impossible.

    Ppl have addressed this topic multiple times before BHVR addresses it simply look up “dbd character sexualities” in google and plenty of thing will come up

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614042#Comment_1614042

    Agree based on what though? lol

    What does "the majority agreeing" mean? Does that make it more true? Answer: No it doesn't.

    These things are left ambiguous for a reason, lol

    this was simply my take on the topic.. again everything stated here was simply MY opinon.. that was stated in the texted and multiple times to other ppl

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614048#Comment_1614048

    Felix wasn't married.

    How have 2 people in this thread stated that he had a wife when he doesn't have a wife?

    "Eventually, Felix's girlfriend announced that he was going to be a father"

    oh no, I said he had a wife, while she was only a girlfriend. That's absolutely changes everything.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    Normally, I wouldn't really care about this topic. I just feel it doesn't have any place in a game where the characters are trapped in an eternal cycle of death until the ultimately lose all hope and become soulless husks tossed aside into an endless void. I think sexuality is the LAST thing on their mind given the circumstances.

    That being said, BHVR did make a big deal about it during Pride Month, and we're still waiting on actions to back up those words. That is the price of making such statements during such a time: people start expecting action to support your words. BHVR has done practically nothing besides a few things DURING Pride Month, and if they did do something inclusive, it was so small that it passed under my radar. Which, considering I check these forums multiple times a day because I'm bored, would be impossible.

    Sorry but what does a characters backstory have to do with them being trapped in a cycle of death?

    Example, why do we need to know that Kate was a musician who had a hard time playing pop music? Or that Meg's mom was terminally ill or that David's father was an ass? A character's sexuality is part of who they are, it is part of their backstory. It fleshes the characters out.

  • Fans can ship whomever they want, since it's not canon. A game like this hasn't really opened a lot of story for characters to be developed like this. The only thing I'd seen is that someone confirmed one of the characters was gay (but hadn't said whom).

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614057#Comment_1614057

    this was simply my take on the topic.. again everything stated here was simply MY opinon.. that was stated in the texted and multiple times to other ppl

    But in your replies you're not presenting it as "your opinion". You're using words like "the majority of the community agrees" as if that's supposed to add water to your theory.

    I don't care what their sexuality is; and it's quite obvious you're basing these things PURELY off of how their appearance, which is an absolutely AWFUL thing to do.

  • Based only on appearences and the lore, my opinion is that Felix is pan, Kate bi, Jake, Jeff and Jane straight. The others characters I do agree with you.

  • Who

    TF

    cares

    Seriously why does this kind of ######### need to be written out. Just let it be whatever you want it to be. Nobody cares.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614056#Comment_1614056

    Sorry but what does a characters backstory have to do with them being trapped in a cycle of death?

    Example, why do we need to know that Kate was a musician who had a hard time playing pop music? Or that Meg's mom was terminally ill or that David's father was an ass? A character's sexuality is part of who they are, it is part of their backstory. It fleshes the characters out.

    Perfect example!!! Thank uuu <3

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Who

    TF

    cares

    Seriously why does this kind of ######### need to be written out. Just let it be whatever you want it to be. Nobody cares.

    That’s literally what I said if u would’ve read the entire text.. THIS WAS ALL MY OPINON

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614053#Comment_1614053

    "Eventually, Felix's girlfriend announced that he was going to be a father"

    oh no, I said he had a wife, while she was only a girlfriend. That's absolutely changes everything.

    They are different things. If you are going to argue against some one use the facts instead of twisting them.

    Its small, but it negatively effects your whole stance if you can't even be bothered.

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614072#Comment_1614072

    That’s literally what I said if u would’ve read the entire text.. THIS WAS ALL MY OPINON

    Posting a list shows you kinda care though.

    Like what is wrong with just letting people use their imagination? Why do we need to define anything?

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614061#Comment_1614061

    But in your replies you're not presenting it as "your opinion". You're using words like "the majority of the community agrees" as if that's supposed to add water to your theory.

    I don't care what their sexuality is; and it's quite obvious you're basing these things PURELY off of how their appearance, which is an absolutely AWFUL thing to do.

    again I used lore.. and again it’s my opinion.. have u never had an opinion backed by other people’s opinion?

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614070#Comment_1614070

    again I used lore.. and again it’s my opinion.. have u never had an opinion backed by other people’s opinion?

    No you didn't. There's little to nothing in their lore that would suggest their sexuality at all - aside from them being in predesignated relationships. You can't say "I used lore" when it's not IN the lore. That's not it.

    What you're doing (and it's okay!) is choosing these designations in your own preferential way. Which is 100% fine. It's left ambiguous for that reason, as I said. Just don't BS us by saying "it's the lore!" when there's nothing there to go off of.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614074#Comment_1614074

    Posting a list shows you kinda care though.

    Like what is wrong with just letting people use their imagination? Why do we need to define anything?

    I posted my list because I wanted other people’s feed back and their opinions on what the characters sexualities might be as well

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614081#Comment_1614081

    No you didn't. There's little to nothing in their lore that would suggest their sexuality at all - aside from them being in predesignated relationships. You can't say "I used lore" when it's not IN the lore. That's not it.

    What you're doing (and it's okay!) is choosing these designations in your own preferential way. Which is 100% fine. It's left ambiguous for that reason, as I said. Just don't BS us by saying "it's the lore!" when there's nothing there to go off of.

    Lore as in there actions, style and personality..

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614077#Comment_1614077

    I posted my list because I wanted other people’s feed back and their opinions on what the characters sexualities might be as well

    And again, who TF cares?

    Trying to label this kinda stuff is where the problem is.

  • coming from bi guy this don't matter it video game characters let them be who you want.

  • Personality and style do not designate sexual preference. That's like saying "that guy likes pink! must be into dudes!". That's an awful way of thinking.

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614062#Comment_1614062

    They are different things. If you are going to argue against some one use the facts instead of twisting them.

    Its small, but it negatively effects your whole stance if you can't even be bothered.

    yes, maybe having a wife or a girlfriend is different. But having a child seems a pretty obvious hint (inb4, unborn child, does that changes anything somehow?)

  • @CEO_Of_Jane said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614048#Comment_1614048

    He didn’t have a wife he had girlfriend read the lore.. and if there’s lore about character background why can’t sexuality be apart of it?

    Ok so talk about it for the 1 guy with a girlfriend who was pregnant not make up sexuality for the other 22 to fit some agenda

  • Pretty sure they all get ######### with knives.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614085#Comment_1614085

    And again, who TF cares?

    Trying to label this kinda stuff is where the problem is.

    You don't care, we got it. Stop being so annoying and go find a topic of your interest.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614085#Comment_1614085

    And again, who TF cares?

    Trying to label this kinda stuff is where the problem is.

    The problem here is, is how offended so many people are over a little representation..

  • Isn't only like 4% of the world population LGBT? Coming from a gay man myself, at least 80% of the roster is likely straight.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614089#Comment_1614089

    Personality and style do not designate sexual preference. That's like saying "that guy likes pink! must be into dudes!". That's an awful way of thinking.

    Liking a certain color is preference lol but someone’s personality and style definitely can show your sexuality.. example - MOST straight men don’t wear makeup or crop tops some maybe straight but a majority aren’t..

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    Isn't only like 4% of the world population LGBT? Coming from a gay man myself, at least 80% of the roster is likely straight.

    It was simply opinon ✨

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614055#Comment_1614055

    Ok so talk about it for the 1 guy with a girlfriend who was pregnant not make up sexuality for the other 22 to fit some agenda

    Plenty of bisexual men marry females.. what’s your point?

‹ 1 2 3