Undying needs to be nerfed.

This perk combined with ruin or Devour hope literally is breaking games. They're to many hex totems to worry about now with undying, it should only reveal people near totems not buff other perks.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Haselden said:

    This perk combined with ruin or Devour hope literally is breaking games. They're to many hex totems to worry about now with undying, it should only reveal people near totems not buff other perks.

    No, it doesn't. The Hex does exactly what it needs to do. It exists so people take Totems seriously. There are only five Totems and four Survivors. That means "dull" Totems will always be equal (and usually fewer) in number than the Survivors themselves. With that in mind, Survivors should simply take the time to cleanse any dull Totem they come across. That is what will Nerf the Hex.

  • It's an extremely good perk. The fact it doesn't notify you that you've cleansed Hex: Undying is pretty good for the killer.

    I got caught by Devour Hope last night because of this. I cleansed a totem to begin the game, thought it was Hex: Undying but I was wrong. Later in the game when he had 3 stacks of Devour and I cleansed the Hex: Undying. Unfortunately we couldn't find the totem after that.

  • @EqMonkVeeshan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608800#Comment_1608800

    you claim your totems are cleansed within 30 seconds its obvious that survivors are not ignoring the secondary objective.thanks for proving that point for me... but good to see you support being able to ignore a secondary objective if it totally benefits you!

    they ignoring dull totems if they are lit totems survivors cleanse them because totem become easier to see and give more points so undying could hurt most hex perks then help anyways.

  • One of the funniest aspects is that undying is an indirect nerf to noed since there is less of a chance for an unlit totem to be left standing after 5 gens.

    Edit: Of course I know that running those 2 together with maybe a third hex doesn't make much sense.

  • @EqMonkVeeshan said:

    yes undying needs to be nerfed. hex totems are supposed to be a power so great that its ment to be limited. if this stays in the game in its current state survivors will need to get their old school exhaustion back to balance it out.

    Yeah no that's not on the same level at all. Killers are giving up a perk slot for a perk that has almost no own effect by itself, it just makes running Hex perks less risky. But again, that comes at a cost of using up a perk slot. So you're kind of just buffing the hex perk you are using by using up two perk slots for it instead of only one.

  • @NoelleMina said:

    Small Game

    Definitely. I always run Small Game. Maybe now this new hex will incentivize others to cleanse so I’ll no longer be the only one looking for the damned things every round. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve cleansed 3, even 4 totems during a round only to have NOED still activate. It’s really difficult to do that job all by yourself even with Small Game.

  • @CountVampyr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608506#Comment_1608506

    Definitely. I always run Small Game. Maybe now this new hex will incentivize others to cleanse so I’ll no longer be the only one looking for the damned things every round. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve cleansed 3, even 4 totems during a round only to have NOED still activate. It’s really difficult to do that job all by yourself even with Small Game.

    Thats what I'm saying, my teammates pretty much never do totems, but they sure do always complain if a hex activates (NoED)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Just run Detective's Hunch, Small Game or bring a map

    It sounds simple doesn't it? But that would mean they would have to replace dead hard or DS or one unbreakable to it's jut so much easier to just wahhhhhhhh

  • @BillyMain77 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190011/undying-needs-to-be-nerfed

    Lol last couple games ive played ruin has been up the whole game.

    Even if you pop it it just reappears again, need lady luck on your side to get lucky and pop undying first

    idk about you but i used ruin + undying combo in red ranks and even vs bad survivors all my perks were gone in like a minute

  • @WARW0LF said:

    people really thing the "your using 2 slots" excuse actually makes sense, this community sometimes cracks me up, let me guess you guys use BBQ for its extra points right?

    the effect of undying, seeing peoples auras is already strong in its own right, buffing other perks, especially strong perks, throws any form of balance the devs thought they had, out the window, i find it quite funny that the surv perks are pretty much useless but the killer perks are borderline OP, classic BHVR

    Interestingly I have a poll up currently asking people if they would use BBQ and Chili without the bloodpoint bonus and as of right now it’s an even split 22 would use it, 22 would not use it and a few people don’t use it currently. I don’t use it myself either because I don’t care about the bonus BP enough to use a perk slot for that.

    Also seeing auras is nice but the range is only 2 meters so it only is really only triggers when someone is cleansing the totem. It’s comparable in that sense to Hangman’s Trick which shows auras within 6 meters of a hook. There are way more hooks than totems on the map and 6 meters is three times the range but even then Hangman’s Trick doesn’t show auras often enough to be all that useful. (I mean it’s not literally the worst perk in the game but it’s pretty bad.) Hex:Undying’s aura ability alone wouldn’t be worth a perk slot, especially as a hex that can be destroyed.

    Obviously the strength of Hex:Undying is pairing it up with a different perk, similar to how Thrill of the Hunt is mainly useful pairing it up with another perk. Undying works great with Ruin and Haunted Ground, but not so great with Devour Hope since that one loses its token if destroyed and needs at least 3 tokens built up to be useful. Basically if you want to use a Hex that requires tokens to work, pair it with Thrill of the Hunt instead of Undying. If you use a Hex that doesn’t use tokens then Undying might be better.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608757#Comment_1608757

    That would mean not being able to run one of their crutch perks. That's clearly asking too much.

    You know - that they actually have to put effort into their gameplay as a survivor.

    This is actually a buff to the DS + Soul Guard combo also but of course they aren't going to mention that.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608685#Comment_1608685

    Also imagine having to not run a crutch perk to maybe run Detectives Hunch, so you can find all the totems.

    I know. A novel concept. Ditching a crutch for something functional.

    Imagine trying hard to sound clever when you just come off like an #########

  • I feel like the aura reading part is quite unnecessary honestly. The perk is already strong enough protecting hexes, I don't think it needs anything to give the killer an even easier time to keep them up.

  • Ruin + Undying + Indoor Map = ez win

  • @Haselden said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608512#Comment_1608512

    It would be more realistic too add a "burning" sounds to hex totems. So players could at least realistically find all the hex totems easier within the first 3 minutes. However, how it is right now time players even find all the five hex totems the killer pretty much has complete control of the map. I've seen players trying to get gens done with Ruin up, but it's difficult.

    Anyway, I was just giving my feedback on how broken Undying is. Perhaps instead of 3 replacement dull totems, it should only transfer the effect once to a dull totem. Not endlessly like it is right now, and get rid of the 2 meter reveal when players are near the totems.


    @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190011/undying-needs-to-be-nerfed

    I don't care if it transfers hexes. I'll take the massive amount of cleansing points, but it should definitely not be revealing people who go near totems. They've already got a perk that does that, only when they actually start cleansing them. So I guess this is just that perk on crack. Meanwhile, Richter came with the ability to... wait for it... see the aura of a few gens. But that was already a perk too...

    Edit: it won't let me delete quotes or posts after placing by accident

  • Why they have to put so many wall hacks in this game. Its stupid at this point. Might as well remove all pretense that stealth is viable in this game. Gen rush is only way to get out yet every killer main cries about gen rush but sees nothing wrong with aura reveal perks.(unless its OoO) then its disgusting that survivors have that

    Edit. For the person who will day use distortion. It has three charges which will now be used within the first 30 seconds of the game just by walking across the map and no way to recharge. They need to make distortion like stake out and be rechargeable

  • No. Undying shouldn't be nerfed just because you don't want to cleanse totems. Undying is a bandaid fix to the much larger problem that is totem spawns, but I'm not going to get into that. I'll tell you the same thing I tell people who complain about NOED: Do Bones. Stop focusing on getting out as quickly as possible.

  • Yesterday I coupled "Eater of Hope" with this perk, all my totems were already blown up at the beginning of the game...


    OKEY


    Take out the killers and we'll talk about it no more! You've nudged the killers so much that no one will want to play them anymore (except those who cheat or gamble their lives)! Look at Rsident Evil resistance, Mastermind only play with lagswitch for win...!


    For the moment it's camp, tunnel... what will it be tomorrow dear survivors, you are warned !🤗

  • @EqMonkVeeshan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608756#Comment_1608756

    wait so your saying being able to ignore a secondary objective is fine if its for the killer, but not fine if your a survivor. Hypocrite much?

    killers primary objective is killing survivors and their secondary objective is preventing gens being done. The killer gets no BP for protecting a totem, it is a not an objective for them. Killers get medals for using their power, chasing, protecting gens and killing survivors. Survivors on the other hand get both BP and medals from destroying totems, that is their secondary objective guy.

  • @Haselden said:

    This perk combined with ruin or Devour hope literally is breaking games. They're to many hex totems to worry about now with undying, it should only reveal people near totems not buff other perks.

    You need to chill the perk has only been out for like 2 days now let's give it s minute.

  • I don't know if the perk needs to be nerfed, but I find it odd how Hex: Undying is the only hex that doesn't curse the survivors.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608757#Comment_1608757

    That would mean not being able to run one of their crutch perks. That's clearly asking too much.

    You know - that they actually have to put effort into their gameplay as a survivor.

    The only crutch perks are dead hard and vault build because they quite literally fix mistakes.

  • I had pretty much stopped running Ruin on any build because of the ridiculously short amount of time it would be gone in every match (I used my phone as a stopwatch to satisfy my curiosity one day -- I lost Ruin in under a minute in a dozen games in a row before I gave up keeping track, including under 30 seconds in multiple matches).

    I used Undying yesterday, and it's the first time in forever Ruin actually impacted a game (and even then, a couple of games saw both Undying and Ruin gone early, due to terrible totem spawns). The aura readings I got were only when someone was literally cleansing a totem in my face (other than a Blendette hiding next to a totem they didn't know was there, lol). I played against it as a survivor a few times (including matches where the killer ran Ruin), and while it was an inconvenience, it wasn't game-breaking at all.

    It's a much needed perk that has the potential to slow the early game down. Playing with it helped but didn't make games unwinnable (gens still popped), and playing against it was manageable (gens still popped when more than one of us were one on and the killer was occupied in a chase across the map). A nerf isn't necessary -- as was stated, it's using a perk slot to keep another slot from being completely useless.

  • The Perk is FINE. Seriously. There should be a rule, nobody should be calling for a Nerf or a Buff when new Perks, Killers, Survivors (what have you) come out for at least a MONTH of play. So please, how about we wait till Oct. 8th before we loose our damn minds.

  • @Zeus said:

    Undying is doing what it's meant to do. Be a bandaid for bad totem spots and alleviate the issue of survivors spawning in front of a totem. If ruin is still up, remember that it is at the cost of 2 perk slots.

    Besides devour hope stacks reset when its cleansed. It's not OP in any way. Doesnt mean you cannot run devour hope and undying. You can still run both of them to ensure that survivors dont spawn on devour and devour be hidden in a good totem spot in case it gets found early even before you get any stacks.

    Funny part he want a killer perk to be nerf which is easy to counter but not a survivor metal perk which is DS which it really need a Nerf. Me I always do totems that simple.

  • I had a match in which I cleansed all 5 totems, ruin 3 times, undying once, and a full somewhere in the middle. It was fun, I got blood points in the boldness without looping which Im not great at, and it didn't take me too long.

    The number of times I've seen hex totems cleansed right away, gross. Heck I did a killer match where I downed someone in the first 30-45 seconds but they found my totem (was running Thrill & Devour). I got the choice to take my good catch or protect my totem that might be Devour.

    Hint: It was Devour. Undying instead of Thrill would have made this an ACTUAL choice for me, one where I wasn't punished unfairly for something out of my control, even though I did great.

  • I was waiting for a post like this. Why will survivors keep on crying until perks get nerfed? you do realise your not meant to escape every single game. I completely stopped playing killer and only started back yesterday because of undying, and now you wanna ######### and moan for the perk to get nerfed, all I can say to you, is get good and stop complaining.

  • Bring small game and cleanse all 5, it's not that many

  • It resets all of devour hopes stacks lmao. DS pfp nothing to see here.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608764#Comment_1608764

    The only crutch perks are dead hard and vault build because they quite literally fix mistakes.

    DS doesn't fix a mistake? DS doesn't reward you for literally being downed, and hooked?

    Okay. Sure there, Mr. Yellow Ranks.

    This is why nobody takes you seriously.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608690#Comment_1608690

    Imagine trying hard to sound clever when you just come off like an #########

    An #########, or someone who offered you a solution other than "WHAAA WHAAA NERF KILL THING WHAAAAAAAA I DONT WANNA CHANGE MY PERK SETUP TO COUNTER IT WHAAAAAAAA"?

  • @Sinister0208 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608764#Comment_1608764

    This is actually a buff to the DS + Soul Guard combo also but of course they aren't going to mention that.

    That too, lol

    Oh no! EFFORT REQUIRED TO COUNTER SOMETHING. NEEDS NERF.

    Survivors don't want to have to put in effort. It's why they don't play killer.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1609388#Comment_1609388

    DS doesn't fix a mistake? DS doesn't reward you for literally being downed, and hooked?

    Okay. Sure there, Mr. Yellow Ranks.

    This is why nobody takes you seriously.

    DS stops the killer from deleting you in 2 seconds. It has no affect on your skill as a looper which is the thing that takes the most skill.

    Back to calling me a yellow rank lol. If anything no one takes you seriously blatantly killer biased posts. I mean come on atleast try to hide it.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1610225#Comment_1610225

    DS stops the killer from deleting you in 2 seconds. It has no affect on your skill as a looper which is the thing that takes the most skill.

    Back to calling me a yellow rank lol. If anything no one takes you seriously blatantly killer biased posts. I mean come on atleast try to hide it.

    DS didn't only activate after being caught, downed and hooked? The survivor didn't screw up at all?

    Are you going to tell me the survivor earned DS somehow?

    *jeopardy music*

    Whack a mole is fun. Please keep going.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1610237#Comment_1610237

    DS didn't only activate after being caught, downed and hooked? The survivor didn't screw up at all?

    Are you going to tell me the survivor earned DS somehow?

    *jeopardy music*

    Whack a mole is fun. Please keep going.

    I've ran killers for gens and got caught. Did the killer not make a huge mistake and lose multiple gens? I was gonna go down at some point I never really screwed up I bought time and a lot of it.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1610246#Comment_1610246

    I've ran killers for gens and got caught. Did the killer not make a huge mistake and lose multiple gens? I was gonna go down at some point I never really screwed up I bought time and a lot of it.

    You got caught. So you screwed up. The killer hasn't really messed up the game and lost until the doors are opened and everyone is gone (This is why Blood Warden exists). Just like survivors haven't escaped until they are out the door.

    But again - you got caught, and therefore you screwed up; and you were rewarded for it with a free skillcheck outplay (KEK).

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1610251#Comment_1610251

    You got caught. So you screwed up. The killer hasn't really messed up the game and lost until the doors are opened and everyone is gone (This is why Blood Warden exists). Just like survivors haven't escaped until they are out the door.

    But again - you got caught, and therefore you screwed up; and you were rewarded for it with a free skillcheck outplay (KEK).

    What if I got caught due to dedicated hits and oh boy I get those alot I even have clips from the past 2 days if you need evidence. The killer did mess up because they allowed the survivors to get closer to winning the game. Putting more pressure on themselves because there are less gens left even though it's not technically over.

    You are only awarded the skill check if you are caught again.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1610259#Comment_1610259

    What if I got caught due to dedicated hits and oh boy I get those alot I even have clips from the past 2 days if you need evidence. The killer did mess up because they allowed the survivors to get closer to winning the game. Putting more pressure on themselves because there are less gens left even though it's not technically over.

    You are only awarded the skill check if you are caught again.

    Dedicated hits aren't the killers fault. Blame that on BHVR.

    But okay - now you're at the "excuses" phase to try and strengthen the "argument" you never really had. Chill. It's not going well for you.

    And no. I don't want to see your clips. Not interested in your stream. And no - allowing gens to get done isn't the killer "messing up". End game builds also exist.

  • @LittilAvindar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190011/undying-needs-to-be-nerfed

    I don't care if it transfers hexes. I'll take the massive amount of cleansing points, but it should definitely not be revealing people who go near totems. They've already got a perk that does that, only when they actually start cleansing them. So I guess this is just that perk on crack. Meanwhile, Richter came with the ability to... wait for it... see the aura of a few gens. But that was already a perk too...

    Thrill Of The Hunt also has the side effect of faster hunting bloodpoint acquisition, and makes the actual cleansing a totem action take longer. Thrill also gives a (honestly should be more unique) noise notification which alerts the killer even if he's not looking at the totem. Undying requires the killer be looking in the aura's direction to see it.


    I think a good combo would be Devour Hope, Haunted Grounds, Undying, and Thrill for a "Protect devour hope at all costs" build since touching a single totem alerts the killer. I still don't think it would be OP since you have no chase perks or tracking perks (besides the detection from undying and the noise notification of Thrill) meaning the entire strategy is if Devour remains up and survivors don't unhook in your face to prevent devour hope stacks.

  • The perk is fine as it is, cleasing totems isn't hard and you also counter NOED by doing it. Also, finding totems is easy as finding generators if you get a map or have a perk for it.

  • Again, nothing needs to be nerfed or buffed a few days in. Play for a month, then proceed to levy your judgement. This is ridiculous.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1610297#Comment_1610297

    Dedicated hits aren't the killers fault. Blame that on BHVR.

    But okay - now you're at the "excuses" phase to try and strengthen the "argument" you never really had. Chill. It's not going well for you.

    And no. I don't want to see your clips. Not interested in your stream. And no - allowing gens to get done isn't the killer "messing up". End game builds also exist.

    Dont remember saying the reason dedi hits exist are the killers fault. What I did say was that it isnt always the survivors fault they went down.

    Im confused what excuses have I made to strengthen my argument?

    It's a clip from my xbox not my stream weirdo lol. Yes allowing gens to get done is the killers fault if they are supposed to be protecting them.

  • Man, give the perk a chance. It’s not like Undying can bring itself back. Sheesh. Everyone’s calling for nerfs these days.


    To go back onto topic, I don’t find Undying a big problem because I’ve memorized all the possible totem spawns for each map(including Midwich, which was painful to memorize but I got it done). Just bring maps or Detective’s Hunch(even small game). Cleanse the totems like you’re supposed to

  • @Haselden said:

    This perk combined with ruin or Devour hope literally is breaking games. They're to many hex totems to worry about now with undying, it should only reveal people near totems not buff other perks.

    Undying is fine. It takes away stacks, so it has bad synergy with devour.

  • @WARW0LF said:

    people really thing the "your using 2 slots" excuse actually makes sense, this community sometimes cracks me up, let me guess you guys use BBQ for its extra points right?

    the effect of undying, seeing peoples auras is already strong in its own right, buffing other perks, especially strong perks, throws any form of balance the devs thought they had, out the window, i find it quite funny that the surv perks are pretty much useless but the killer perks are borderline OP, classic BHVR

    Remember last chapter how they added a direct counter to pop and soul guard making the bt-DS combo better me neither apperently. Remember how PHs skill are quite garbaje . Let me guess you never use ds unless your truly being tunneled?

    This is the most classic survivor whining-new perk come out to help bandaid the ######### spawning that is totems and as other have pointed out you have plenty of options to counter but instead yall throw a tantrum for having to not run DH BT UB DS . I see complaint about dragons kick with 120 second cooldown and it's amazing how unadaptable survivor can be. Also if you think bbq is somehow meta for anything but bp in the grind that is the blood web farm your laughable at best.

  • Perk is fine. Don't like it - ditch one of your precious meta crutches and run an anti-Totem/totem detection perk. Otherwise, I'm sorry that Survivors now have to be more concerned with clearing out totems than they ever had to be before and it's starting to ruin their "fun" of gen rushing, m1 simulations, and screwing with the killer the whole game.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190011/undying-needs-to-be-nerfed

    Ah yes, devour hope, the perk that needs 3 stacks to do anything of value and loses all stacks when cleansed. There are 12 possible hooks in a game, and 4 of them are fatal, leaving you with 8. This means you'll be able to build up your devour twice in a single game, once to exposed and once to mori.

    How incredibly op. /s

    It's not as simple as all that now is it? If it would be cleansed at the start of the game with 1 or fewer tokens on it then by all rights the perk should be gone. High risk, high reward right? Now it's more like low/moderate risk to high reward. Ruin is the real problem though. If that perk lasts the whole game it is near impossible for survivors. Some of these maps hide totems really well too. Even with small game it can be difficult to track down totems.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1608479#Comment_1608479

    It's not as simple as all that now is it? If it would be cleansed at the start of the game with 1 or fewer tokens on it then by all rights the perk should be gone. High risk, high reward right? Now it's more like low/moderate risk to high reward. Ruin is the real problem though. If that perk lasts the whole game it is near impossible for survivors. Some of these maps hide totems really well too. Even with small game it can be difficult to track down totems.

    ruin i can see as being kinda annoying, but devour? really? it loses all of it's stacks meaning you have to start again and again, you're limited to 8 hooks, and if it gets cleansed with 2, then 2 again, you can't use it's final effect. another perk i can see being problematic is noed, but that needs Undying to last to endgame.

    oh also, i wanna introduce you to a few things, alright?

    image.png image.png image.png

    Novel concept, but one of these things (map + red twine, rainbow map, or detective's hunch) can fit into a build if you're having difficulties. I personally like using Inner Strength, Head On, Quick and Quiet, then Detective's Hunch. Alternatively, if I'm finding that I'm being tunneled frequently I'll use Decisive Strike, Inner Strength, Iron Will, and Detective's Hunch.

1 2 3