Why do people keep saying there is no counter to Deathslinger?

I know this is a hot topic that surrounds characters like Slinger, but honestly his power usage comes at a great cost, which is that if he messes up, he has to reload.

To demonstrate, I was playing a match just now where I would have gone down in a dead zone had it not been for me reading his fake shot, AND then being quick at turning with his actual shot.

Untitled Image Untitled Image


I am not saying in certain situations he isn't almost too strong, but I think much of the complaints come from how misunderstood his power is. I rarely play as him as killer, but even I know that you can still dodge hits even when there are no LoS blockers.

This is just my opinion.

Comments

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564539#Comment_1564539

    You can quickscope with Deathslinger. You can fake your ability. Thats it. File closed.

    And dont tell me anything that i dont know this and that, its extremly unikely you know something about this game i dont ;)

    'And dont tell me anything that i dont know this and that, its extremly unikely you know something about this game i dont'

    Mate, you've got to know how simultaneously arrogant and ignorant that sounds, so you know every intricate detail of this game and no one else can know more than you?

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561931#Comment_1561931

    Oh god this stance again. No. Having a strong 1v1 is not 'unhealthy for the game'. Billy, Nurse, Huntress, Oni, Freddy, Hag, even Demo on the majority of maps. All killers with extremely strong 1V1 gameplay. Difference? A survivor with enough experience can play around TO A DEGREE <(important part) they can't counter the entire power through just normal gameplay (or perks and items, hopefully) but they have a chance to show their skills and knowledge in return and potentially outplay the killer if the killer slips up.

    Problem with newer killers sans Oni and potentially Blight (we'll see how Live goes) is that they're removing potential counterplay without replacing it with anything new. Giving the survivors extremely low chances if any, to counterplay them at all. This leads to short chases where the survivor may as well run in a straight line for all the good it can do.

    Personally, I think that killers need like 70-30 chase. The reason being is that most of the standard survivor maps have 70% safe loops and 30% unsafe loops. I talk about this in my previous post where 70-30 for killer power and 70-30 safe/unsafe loop ratio on regular maps leads to a 50/50 fair match. one of the reasons I think dbd works this way is because survivors want to have the illusion of long chases and killer wants illusion of the control of a chase, so this formula pleases both sides. Morale of the story is that not every situation is fair for killer and not every situation is fair for survivor.

  • @Devil_hit11 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1563724#Comment_1563724

    Personally, I think that killers need like 70-30 chase. The reason being is that most of the standard survivor maps have 70% safe loops and 30% unsafe loops. I talk about this in my previous post where 70-30 for killer power and 70-30 safe/unsafe loop ratio on regular maps leads to a 50/50 fair match. one of the reasons I think dbd works this way is because survivors want to have the illusion of long chases and killer wants illusion of the control of a chase, so this formula pleases both sides. Morale of the story is that not every situation is fair for killer and not every situation is fair for survivor.

    This is a fair point. In a way I agree with your way of working it out with percentages. I'd consider your 50/50 thing to be fair in regards to most other killers. I don't agree entirely on that being the case with the more controversial killers in the game currently, however.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564529#Comment_1564529

    @xEa

    So does Deathslinger. Look behind you.

    He has a 0.5 s firing time, plus it takes him 1.5s to actually aim, so that's a total of 1.10s for you to react or do something.

    Deathslinger is also slowed down to 75% of his default movement speed.

    I actually don't only see what I want to see. Can't say the same for you though.

    The fact that you didn't even know that Deathslinger was slowed down while aiming baffles me as to why you would even bring it up as comparison. When anyone who actually understands his power KNOWS this.

    Thanks for your time. :)

    PS. In that first clip she was already out, she made the choice to stay. I did the same thing in the gif I just posted 3 posts ago, only I dodged. :)

    What the heck are you talking about? Deathslinger can go from nothing to firing his gun in 10 frames @ 60fps, or 0.16 seconds. It takes another 10 frames for it to travel this approximate distance which is an average DS shot:

    bff1a12b351f001ebc15b09cc700e04d.png

    Thats 0.32 seconds - in a world with 0 latency. With a standard 100ms ping, thats 0.22 seconds.

    Assuming you have absolutely perfect reaction time nearing the world record at 0.15 seconds, you still do not have enough time to rotate your model in such a way that the hitbox does not hit you if you are in the dead center of his aim.

    Seriously where did you pull those numbers from

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564539#Comment_1564539

    What the heck are you talking about? Deathslinger can go from nothing to firing his gun in 10 frames @ 60fps, or 0.16 seconds. It takes another 10 frames for it to travel this approximate distance which is an average DS shot:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4N5CGYI2LL6N/bff1a12b351f001ebc15b09cc700e04d.png

    Thats 0.32 seconds - in a world with 0 latency. With a standard 100ms ping, thats 0.22 seconds.

    Assuming you have absolutely perfect reaction time nearing the world record at 0.15 seconds, you still do not have enough time to rotate your model in such a way that the hitbox does not hit you if you are in the dead center of his aim.

    Seriously where did you pull those numbers from

    i was waiting for soup jound to respond to this

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564648#Comment_1564648

    This is a fair point. In a way I agree with your way of working it out with percentages. I'd consider your 50/50 thing to be fair in regards to most other killers. I don't agree entirely on that being the case with the more controversial killers in the game currently, however.

    If survivors got their way, Killers would never win. The game moves too fast for that. Its part of the reason why I think Billy, Oni and Demo are insanely overrated. When I play against those killers, I feel like i am a god against them but I also understand its not exactly fair. I kinda demo got stronger in his add-on department and Billy/Oni returned to their old form. Keep dead angle part on Oni though. It was way more interesting. Winning a chase against Deathslinger feels so fulfilling. Its also a shame for when Deathslinger is on point and he loses even though he hits most his shots, but that's just 4vs1 aspect of the game. I hope new Blight killer on PTB gets smaller collision zone during power, full control of his lunge and they fix his fatique to always apply on hit(no weapon swipe), miss or power time out similar to Nurse. He will be really fun to go against when people get good at him. He has great potential. People that whine about Deathslinger are people that are upset that their total control on majority of loops is being taken away from them. Its Spirit all over again. People refuse to believe that he has counter-play similar to Spirit and Its always a bad Spirit when you win and good one when they lose. There is no winning that arguement when your always right. I think I'll close with that statement.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564539#Comment_1564539

    You can quickscope with Deathslinger. You can fake your ability. Thats it. File closed.

    And dont tell me anything that i dont know this and that, its extremly unikely you know something about this game i dont ;)

    @xEa

    You're still going to respond, because you think you know exactly what goes on in anyone's matches, even when they tell you what happened exactly till they are blue to the face.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564539#Comment_1564539

    What the heck are you talking about? Deathslinger can go from nothing to firing his gun in 10 frames @ 60fps, or 0.16 seconds. It takes another 10 frames for it to travel this approximate distance which is an average DS shot:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4N5CGYI2LL6N/bff1a12b351f001ebc15b09cc700e04d.png

    Thats 0.32 seconds - in a world with 0 latency. With a standard 100ms ping, thats 0.22 seconds.

    Assuming you have absolutely perfect reaction time nearing the world record at 0.15 seconds, you still do not have enough time to rotate your model in such a way that the hitbox does not hit you if you are in the dead center of his aim.

    Seriously where did you pull those numbers from

    @ScottJund

    I made a mistake with the numbers, so apologies for that, I was in a hurry when I made the response. (Just went back to look)

    Still, doesn't take away the fact that I did turn and unlike they are claiming, Deathslinger didn't miss (in my gif) simply because I wasn't in range of the shot, I moved. Which is what a lot of survivors fail to do, because they are so stubborn with this idea that he is suppose to be ran like every other killer and instead run in a straight line.

    With all the downsides he has (Reload, Slow Down Speed, Only one shot at a time etc), the fact that he has to have perfect aim also hurts him when survivors move while rotating their character.

    I had a good ping when I played against this specific Slinger because he did get me in other instances (as I said) and some which were within the same distance as what I showed.

    The fact that people keep saying that it's him "missing" and not me (whether accidently or intentional) dodging his hit is baffling. Like, I am not saying by any means his hits are perfect because you get hit in places you shouldn't sometimes too, just like Huntress. I get that. Cuz if we went by that we would be sitting here also talking about how Huntresses wins aren't legit and it's really her buggy hatchets that win her games.

    I am speaking from my own experience and stating what my plan was while running this guy. I am not going to admit I got "lucky" when I know what I was planning in my mind and managed to pull it off.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564327#Comment_1564327

    This is such a dumb example. It's not even a quickscope and it's in a controlled situation, not an actual game.

    @Divine_Confetti

    Huh???

    Ok buddy. Look at the first gif then. Where there was actual gameplay... cuz apparently unless your character is in motion it doesn't count. 🙄

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1564836#Comment_1564836

    @ScottJund

    I made a mistake with the numbers, so apologies for that, I was in a hurry when I made the response. (Just went back to look)

    Still, doesn't take away the fact that I did turn and unlike they are claiming, Deathslinger didn't miss (in my gif) simply because I wasn't in range of the shot, I moved. Which is what a lot of survivors fail to do, because they are so stubborn with this idea that he is suppose to be ran like every other killer and instead run in a straight line.

    With all the downsides he has (Reload, Slow Down Speed, Only one shot at a time etc), the fact that he has to have perfect aim also hurts him when survivors move while rotating their character.

    I had a good ping when I played against this specific Slinger because he did get me in other instances (as I said) and some which were within the same distance as what I showed.

    The fact that people keep saying that it's him "missing" and not me (whether accidently or intentional) dodging his hit is baffling. Like, I am not saying by any means his hits are perfect because you get hit in places you shouldn't sometimes too, just like Huntress. I get that. Cuz if we went by that we would be sitting here also talking about how Huntresses wins aren't legit and it's really her buggy hatchets that win her games.

    I am speaking from my own experience and stating what my plan was while running this guy. I am not going to admit I got "lucky" when I know what I was planning in my mind and managed to pull it off.

    I'm not sure how you're claiming you have a plan when I just proved its mathematically impossible to dodge at standard range. Your plan essentially just juking left and right and hoping for the best. That's not a plan.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565013#Comment_1565013

    Ah yes, actual gameplay, where you were in a complete deadzone and in a situation where he should've never taken a shot in the first place, and would've gotten close enough to M1 you or, you know, shoot you in a position where the projectile is too fast to juke whatsoever. And even in that same comment you say:

    I was only able to juke him twice, and after that he was able to read my moves.

    Cool so your not-so-bad but not-so-good friend learned you well enough to hit you every time after that. Imagine someone better. How fun.

    I'm going to add another angle here as well, something people don't think about: On a controller, you will never be able to juke a shot like that due to movement not being instantaneous. Whereas it's totally possible to juke a Huntress hatchet or properly position yourself to avoid having to juke in the first place.

    Deathslinger just isn't fun to face when they're good. There's very little counterplay other than rush gens, hide, and pre-drop pallets. Things people generally complain about from the killer side, mind you. So fun!

    @Divine_Confetti

    Imagine absolutely not reading the context of a message. I said I was playing alongside (as survivor) with another friend (Another survivor). The killer was not my friend. He was a streamer. Shows how much you pay attention.

    I still find the killer fun. Sucks to be you I guess.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565007#Comment_1565007

    I'm not sure how you're claiming you have a plan when I just proved its mathematically impossible to dodge at standard range. Your plan essentially just juking left and right and hoping for the best. That's not a plan.

    @ScottJund

    I didn't juke left and right. I juked right. One turn.

    Untitled Image

    In slow motion...

    Untitled Image


    I estimated where he was going to be shooting after he faked his power. I am not sure how much more clear I can be. Sorry it doesn't fit your mathematical stats. Even if slightly, there is still a window in which intentionally or non-intentionally you can make him miss.

    Just like in this video.

    https://youtu.be/pJZJ_tIbQMk?t=237


  • There is no counter against a good deathslinger and the problem with looping him and getting out of LOS is that since his terror radius is so small he can easily approach you before you get to a loop. If he uses monitor it's even worse. He is stealthier than myers. Increasing his terror radius is probably the best idea. Also while some maps have huge LOS blockers there are maps with very few of them

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565309#Comment_1565309

    @ScottJund

    I didn't juke left and right. I juked right. One turn.

    https://media3.giphy.com/media/ekekCqx15mjMYebktE/giphy.gif

    In slow motion...

    https://im7.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-7-749f40edb05e.gif

    I estimated where he was going to be shooting after he faked his power. I am not sure how much more clear I can be. Sorry it doesn't fit your mathematical stats. Even if slightly, there is still a window in which intentionally or non-intentionally you can make him miss.

    Just like in this video.

    https://youtu.be/pJZJ_tIbQMk?t=237

    You're really not getting this. If you did "one turn" and he didn't shoot, you would have lost distance and he would have just hit you in the face with a melee. Thus, it circles back to you completely guessing when he is going to shoot. You are not reacting to a good deathslinger "faking" his aim because the shot is unreactable at that range, meaning you are consistently under the threat of him shooting without him even ADSing. If the time to ADS were slower, then you could claim you were dodging it. There is no debate. Tell yourself whatever you want. In that scenario, you are completely blindly guessing and the Deathslinger doesn't even have to aim his gun to force you to guess every millisecond because you can't react to it even when he does.

  • @ScottJund said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565343#Comment_1565343

    You're really not getting this. If you did "one turn" and he didn't shoot, you would have lost distance and he would have just hit you in the face with a melee. Thus, it circles back to you completely guessing when he is going to shoot. You are not reacting to a good deathslinger "faking" his aim because the shot is unreactable at that range, meaning you are consistently under the threat of him shooting without him even ADSing. If the time to ADS were slower, then you could claim you were dodging it. There is no debate. Tell yourself whatever you want. In that scenario, you are completely blindly guessing and the Deathslinger doesn't even have to aim his gun to force you to guess every millisecond because you can't react to it even when he does.

    @ScottJund

    Hit me at melee range? Wouldn't he have to be right up my behind to do that?

    Even though I did turn and you're right I would have lost distance, I was still running forward. Which is what I think you don't get from that gif.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565368#Comment_1565368

    @ScottJund

    Hit me at melee range? Wouldn't he have to be right up my behind to do that?

    Even though I did turn and you're right I would have lost distance, I was still running forward. Which is what I think you don't get from that gif.

    You were at a corner of the map with nothing but a Z-Wall. He didn't even have to use his power. Additionally, you cut it off but before the GIF started you were also randomly juking and losing distance too.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I know this is a hot topic that surrounds characters like Slinger, but honestly his power usage comes at a great cost, which is that if he messes up, he has to reload.

    To demonstrate, I was playing a match just now where I would have gone down in a dead zone had it not been for me reading his fake shot, AND then being quick at turning with his actual shot.

    https://media3.giphy.com/media/ekekCqx15mjMYebktE/giphy.gif

    https://media1.giphy.com/media/kz1DTAR2HsC89zR9ZI/giphy.gif

    I am not saying in certain situations he isn't almost too strong, but I think much of the complaints come from how misunderstood his power is. I rarely play as him as killer, but even I know that you can still dodge hits even when there are no LoS blockers.

    This is just my opinion.

    I mean you said it yourself: "if he messes up, he has to reload."


    You are not outplaying Deathslinger: he is messing up. Hoping that he messes up is not counter play.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561047#Comment_1561047

    That is angle and positioning which is technically skill. Also you make it sound way easier than it is even though most survivors fail at doing so.

    There is literally nothing hard about playing survivor. If you know the tiles, you are untouchable against most killers.

  • Also there are ALOT of snowflakes in here if they think that DS is too much. He is straight up garbage in comparison to Nurse and Spirit.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561076#Comment_1561076

    There is literally nothing hard about playing survivor. If you know the tiles, you are untouchable against most killers.

    Mk then 1v1 my slinger and show me the untouchable survivor since survivor isnt "hard."

  • because he can repeated ads to zone you for free and you can react by contining to run straight and get shot or zigzaging until he catches up to you and m1's you. this is the loop that will kill you everytime with no other options or counters if the DS knows this you will lose every gae against him

  • @zoozoom6 said:

    because he can repeated ads to zone you for free and you can react by contining to run straight and get shot or zigzaging until he catches up to you and m1's you. this is the loop that will kill you everytime with no other options or counters if the DS knows this you will lose every gae against him

    @zoozoom6

    Huntress can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Nurse can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Pyramid Head can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Deathslinger can only injure you through a pallet, unless he breaks it.

    You will not find yourself in that specific scenario you describe 100% of the match. There are LoS blockers, Pallets, and ultimately a teammate can even take a hit for you. Like eventually he WILL get you, as every other killer does.

    Huntress throws bus size hatchets yet no one is complaining about her.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565879#Comment_1565879

    @zoozoom6

    Huntress can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Nurse can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Pyramid Head can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Deathslinger can only injure you through a pallet, unless he breaks it.

    You will not find yourself in that specific scenario you describe 100% of the match. There are LoS blockers, Pallets, and ultimately a teammate can even take a hit for you. Like eventually he WILL get you, as every other killer does.

    Huntress throws bus size hatchets yet no one is complaining about her.

    you can just pick and choose who to try to shoot at and what your chances of reelin them in are.

    always shoot healthy survivors no matter what and only shoot healthy surviors if they are a ways in front of you and have nothing to break the reel with. his instant aim , no penalty cancel, base kit deep wound and no invisible wall bs put him head and shoulders above huntress

  • @zoozoom6 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565896#Comment_1565896

    you can just pick and choose who to try to shoot at and what your chances of reelin them in are.

    always shoot healthy survivors no matter what and only shoot healthy surviors if they are a ways in front of you and have nothing to break the reel with. his instant aim , no penalty cancel, base kit deep wound and no invisible wall bs put him head and shoulders above huntress

    @zoozoom6

    Also, 110% speed, 2.75 seconds to reload with only 1 shot at all times. Breaking the chain stuns you for 4 seconds. Movement speed reduced to 75% of his default speed during ADS. Every single time you miss it is a 1.5 second cooldown. It's not like he has 0 drawbacks.

    Like if he was meant to be dodged exactly like Huntress, what would even be the point of using his Speargun? Unless he was throwing buses like Huntress does and multiple ones at that. His hitbox is way more forgiving than Huntress.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565904#Comment_1565904

    @zoozoom6

    Also, 110% speed, 2.75 seconds to reload with only 1 shot at all times. Breaking the chain stuns you for 4 seconds. Movement speed reduced to 75% of his default speed during ADS. Every single time you miss it is a 1.5 second cooldown. It's not like he has 0 drawbacks.

    Like if he was meant to be dodged exactly like Huntress, what would even be the point of using his Speargun? Unless he was throwing buses like Huntress does and multiple ones at that. His hitbox is way more forgiving than Huntress.

    idk why people all feel the need to act like huntress having 5 hatchets before a reload it something she has over DS it only makes sense on paper in practice its meaningless. huntress still has more stuns/delays than DS

    1. a short pause after a throw or shot DS and huntress share this but huntress's is longer
    2. a reload (huntress's is longer by virtue of having to find a locker
    3. a hefty stun or wait time after getting ready to fire(only huntress has this ds can instant ready up and cancel)


  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565879#Comment_1565879

    @zoozoom6

    Huntress can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Nurse can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Pyramid Head can injure/down you through a pallet.

    Deathslinger can only injure you through a pallet, unless he breaks it.

    You will not find yourself in that specific scenario you describe 100% of the match. There are LoS blockers, Pallets, and ultimately a teammate can even take a hit for you. Like eventually he WILL get you, as every other killer does.

    Huntress throws bus size hatchets yet no one is complaining about her.

    What do you mean nobody complains about huntress?

    She's been getting these hitbox topics for some time now, it''s a common issue amongst survivors.

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565896#Comment_1565896

    What do you mean nobody complains about huntress?

    She's been getting these hitbox topics for some time now, it''s a common issue amongst survivors.

    @Enlyne

    For context, it was mentioned that Deathslinger’s power is kind of buggy so I brought up the fact that Huntress’ could be considered buggy too when you think about the fact that there are hits she shouldn’t hit.

    People complain about Huntress, but not in a manner of “she has no counterplay” because it is quickly shut down with “its latency, sorry”.

  • This is just another entitled survivor movement(ESM I like to call it) to nerf another killer to the ground.

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    This is just another entitled survivor movement(ESM I like to call it) to nerf another killer to the ground.

    @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky

    Do you realize that the entire point of the thread has no intention of encouraging a nerf?

    Did you even bother to read?

    This comment is a fine example of what is wrong with this community. No one is asking for a nerf. In fact I am saying the opposite.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565309#Comment_1565309

    @ScottJund

    I didn't juke left and right. I juked right. One turn.

    https://media3.giphy.com/media/ekekCqx15mjMYebktE/giphy.gif

    In slow motion...

    https://im7.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-7-749f40edb05e.gif

    I estimated where he was going to be shooting after he faked his power. I am not sure how much more clear I can be. Sorry it doesn't fit your mathematical stats. Even if slightly, there is still a window in which intentionally or non-intentionally you can make him miss.

    Just like in this video.

    https://youtu.be/pJZJ_tIbQMk?t=237

    And if he just chose to not shoot you at all?? He gets free zoning while you lose distance just randomly guessing**

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565343#Comment_1565343

    And if he just chose to not shoot you at all?? He gets free zoning while you lose distance just randomly guessing**

    Pretty much, these gifs don't seem how a legitimate deathslinger would play, it's all too convenient.

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569534#Comment_1569534

    Pretty much, these gifs don't seem how a legitimate deathslinger would play, it's all too convenient.

    @Enlyne

    Even though it was already stated that I kept running forward, you only have to hold W, you know.

    Keep believing what you want. I don't care.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569554#Comment_1569554

    @Enlyne

    Even though it was already stated that I kept running forward, you only have to hold W, you know.

    Keep believing what you want. I don't care.

    If you don't care, why answer?

  • @Enlyne

    Because you are responding in my thread.

  • Not to you until you decided to do it, then you actually do care about it.

    My point is these gifs are way unbelievable and that's it, all feels staged, almost nobody has got those lightning speed reflexes or incredible luck to dodge at such close distance, adding to it the fact that deathslinger's projectile comes at crazy speed that it barely leaves half a second.

    Let alone the first gif just feels like a really, really bad intended mistake on the DS's part for not owning you in that deadzone, only really bad players do that.

    The timing at dodge seems so conveniently perfect it's just not legitimate to see, nobody believes this would work out for all too many reasons, it is what it is.

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569643#Comment_1569643

    Not to you until you decided to do it, then you actually do care about it.

    My point is these gifs are way unbelievable and that's it, all feels staged, almost nobody has got those lightning speed reflexes or incredible luck to dodge at such close distance, adding to it the fact that deathslinger's projectile comes at crazy speed that it barely leaves half a second.

    Let alone the first gif just feels like a really, really bad intended mistake on the DS's part for not owning you in that deadzone, only really bad players do that.

    The timing at dodge seems so conveniently perfect it's just not legitimate to see, nobody believes this would work out for all too many reasons, it is what it is.

    @Enlyne

    By you implying this is staged, is as if somehow I am faking that this happened? That's what I don't care about.

    I answer because I get a notification every single time you reply. Doesn't mean I am here to convince you of anything you choose not to believe.

    You keep saying 'owning' in a dead zone when he is clearly too far for an M1...so he goes for a shot. Makes sense. Like I don't know how many times I have to explain that. This was the first hit, and you can see how much distance I already have on him.

    Untitled Image


    I had Dead Hard, so it's not like he was going to get me anyway. I didn't want to use it right away. Because I was hoping there would be a pallet nearby, and there was. As shown here

    Untitled Image


    I've dodged many Deathslingers, the same way I did this player. Does that mean they are all bad? Idk, some of them have won some of my matches and I have won others. Call it luck. I call it paying attention.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569662#Comment_1569662

    @Enlyne

    By you implying this is staged, is as if somehow I am faking that this happened? That's what I don't care about.

    I answer because I get a notification every single time you reply. Doesn't mean I am here to convince you of anything you choose not to believe.

    You keep saying 'owning' in a dead zone when he is clearly too far for an M1...so he goes for a shot. Makes sense. Like I don't know how many times I have to explain that. This was the first hit, and you can see how much distance I already have on him.

    https://media1.giphy.com/media/YMeRGDuFXL7nLgk2eE/giphy.gif

    I had Dead Hard, so it's not like he was going to get me anyway. I didn't want to use it right away. Because I was hoping there would be a pallet nearby, and there was. As shown here

    https://media1.giphy.com/media/kz1DTAR2HsC89zR9ZI/giphy.gif

    I've dodged many Deathslingers, the same way I did this player. Does that mean they are all bad? Idk, some of them have won some of my matches and I have won others. Call it luck. I call it paying attention.

    No point in arguing something when a lot of people already did and you just deny it all, so whatever.

    It is luck on your DS's skill, you have nothing to do against that, and your first gif ever doesnt show the same thing as you put in the response, I'm gonna still call it staged as there's no real proof this is not a KYF game.

    Everyone has already pointed out the flaws in your arguments and your "proof" for counterplay, it is not a real counter, and it is not showing anything interesting that can change anybody's gameplay to an extent against DS, it's the same thing all over again.

    So no, it's not about paying attention, it's luck, and that's all there is, deny it as you will, made my point.

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569763#Comment_1569763

    No point in arguing something when a lot of people already did and you just deny it all, so whatever.

    It is luck on your DS's skill, you have nothing to do against that, and your first gif ever doesnt show the same thing as you put in the response, I'm gonna still call it staged as there's no real proof this is not a KYF game.

    Everyone has already pointed out the flaws in your arguments and your "proof" for counterplay, it is not a real counter, and it is not showing anything interesting that can change anybody's gameplay to an extent against DS, it's the same thing all over again.

    So no, it's not about paying attention, it's luck, and that's all there is, deny it as you will, made my point.

    @Enlyne

    Yep! All a KYF match. Next time you make accusations of someone lying at least try have proof to back it up, so you don't end up looking like a fool.

    Have a nice day.


    https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorApatheticWalletPhilosoraptor


  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569788#Comment_1569788

    @Enlyne

    Yep! All a KYF match. Next time you make accusations of someone lying at least try have proof to back it up, so you don't end up looking like a fool.

    Have a nice day.

    https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorApatheticWalletPhilosoraptor

    Took you 5 pages of comments to put this as proof it's not a KYF stage?

    Way to go to prove your point.

  • @Enlyne said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569802#Comment_1569802

    Took you 5 pages of comments to put this as proof it's not a KYF stage?

    Way to go to prove your point.

    @Enlyne

    Nobody accused me of being in a KYF match prior to you. So no need to post a clip of a streamer I do not know.

    The only point you've proven is that you do not believe what you do not understand.

    You can say this was all luck, call him a bad player. What I will not have you do is accuse me of lying. I have no tolerance for that.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569813#Comment_1569813

    @Enlyne

    Nobody accused me of being in a KYF match prior to you. So no need to post a clip of a streamer I do not know.

    The only point you've proven is that you do not believe what you do not understand.

    You can say this was all luck, call him a bad player. What I will not have you do is accuse me of lying. I have no tolerance for that.

    Just because people don't say it doesn't mean they don't think it, common sense, nobody has a clue if this is a KYF match or a legitimate QM, so you might aswell remove the doubt for further proof.

  • Right, you have a good day, mr.counterplay 🤷‍♀️

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567451#Comment_1567451

    @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky

    Do you realize that the entire point of the thread has no intention of encouraging a nerf?

    Did you even bother to read?

    This comment is a fine example of what is wrong with this community. No one is asking for a nerf. In fact I am saying the opposite.

    I believe you misunderstood me, because im on your side


    and if anything, my comment was an answer to your question of your title.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I know this is a hot topic that surrounds characters like Slinger, but honestly his power usage comes at a great cost, which is that if he messes up, he has to reload.

    To demonstrate, I was playing a match just now where I would have gone down in a dead zone had it not been for me reading his fake shot, AND then being quick at turning with his actual shot.

    https://media3.giphy.com/media/ekekCqx15mjMYebktE/giphy.gif

    https://media1.giphy.com/media/kz1DTAR2HsC89zR9ZI/giphy.gif

    I am not saying in certain situations he isn't almost too strong, but I think much of the complaints come from how misunderstood his power is. I rarely play as him as killer, but even I know that you can still dodge hits even when there are no LoS blockers.

    This is just my opinion.

    Because hes not a good deathslinger, he missed, thats on him

  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1563021#Comment_1563021

    i hope he ends the chase in seconds, because minutes = GGEZ game over.

    Every second counts.

  • @Rivyn said:

    If he's close enough to bluff his shots, then he's too close as it is, and you're going to get hit.

    He has counterplay. He may have more control in a 1v1 than other killers, but cover can really, really hinder him. I don't know why survivors know to duck against Huntress, but don't against Deathslinger.

    I would duck if I had time, but I don't (as any good Deathslinger would know). I feel like you haven't seen survivors duck when the Deathslinger is going to shoot and fail because the Deathslinger adjusts or because he bluffs.

    But there is some merit to crouching in chases in general; survivors shouldn't be standing while poking heads around corners with these two killers if survivors wanted to be extra safe. And you should probably always crouch after starting the fast vault animation against a Hag adept at using camera flicks. I typically just forget to do either of those things.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    I know this is a hot topic that surrounds characters like Slinger, but honestly his power usage comes at a great cost, which is that if he messes up, he has to reload.

    To demonstrate, I was playing a match just now where I would have gone down in a dead zone had it not been for me reading his fake shot, AND then being quick at turning with his actual shot.

    https://media3.giphy.com/media/ekekCqx15mjMYebktE/giphy.gif

    https://media1.giphy.com/media/kz1DTAR2HsC89zR9ZI/giphy.gif

    I am not saying in certain situations he isn't almost too strong, but I think much of the complaints come from how misunderstood his power is. I rarely play as him as killer, but even I know that you can still dodge hits even when there are no LoS blockers.

    This is just my opinion.

    He's vaguely similar to Nurse in one aspect in that it's always up to the killer to err. However, with Nurse, there's significantly more input from the survivor (because there's always time between when the Nurse blinks and when she arrives at her location). With Deathslinger, it's just put stuff between you, and since the developers and the playerbase have collectively made it nigh impossible to escape from a chase, putting stuff between the killer and the survivor whenever possible (something that requires an insignificant amount of skill for most players) isn't really going to matter except in terms of wasting time in the end. It's unrewarding, and a game against a competent Deathslinger is the same as playing AI simulator, where a survivor does the same actions a robot could replicate.

1 2 3 ›