I installed the game 4 days ago, ######### MATCHMAKING???!!!!!!

I saw the twitch streams of this game for a while, i was interested so i bought the ######### game, now i hate my life, i regret of buying this game, this matchmaking is a pure shiit, i play killer and have like 1/2 common perkz only while the survivors are rank bellow 5 with lots of stuff, like in one game they had 4 flashlight each 32 sec.

i hate the game, i want payback, i didnt expect such a bulshit matchmaking.

IM NOT THAT GOOD TO PLAY AGAINST HIGH RANK SURVIVORS!!!!

cant u read the feedbacks in the forum and twitch. this game is complete mess!!!!

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'm rank 3 right now, and devotion 14. I also play solo.

    I'm still getting rank 20 team mates with 1 perk who can't hit skill checks, after 50+ games.

    After how many matches are we supposed to have a working MMR?

    Rofl this is After 30 to now 40 matches

    Another horrible rank.jpg Bad Rank.jpg once again.jpg

    This MMR rank is perfect OH also remember Rank means nothing so Rank 1 just means they play a ton but does not mean they are good at the game. LMAO

    I am seeing many people say just because someone is Rank 1 does not mean they have skill......last time I checked it means they know how to win chases and kill people and apply pressure because without those skills you cannot Rank up.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516025#Comment_1516025

    Why /s? We know literally nothing about this game other than the screenshot. Rank =/= skill, and everyone agrees on that. The killer was rank 7, but they were also a Doctor using only Overcharge I, so it was probably their first game as Doctor under the new MMR. After this match the rank 20's skill should drop, the killer's should go up, etc. and the matches should get better going forward.

    Plus, the killer ended up with 32k points and three survivors got up to 19-26k. That's a sign that the survivors probably made good progress on generators and they had a nice long match. In other words, it probably wasn't that unbalanced, even with the rank 20 and the killer probably having very little history for the system to work with.

    Could there be more protection for rank 20s? Sure, but this system will protect them over time as all of the experienced players have a MMR to reflect their experience.

    Let's wait more than 3 days before whining.

    No it wasn't balanced. Were you there? No, you were not, so you have no clue how the match went at all.

    Doctor is one of the easiest killers to get bloodpoints with, also the match was lengthy because he slugged a lot in a 3 gen situation.

    MMR is supposed to get better after matches, not after "a few days".

    It's clearly not working, at all.

  • Also for the people saying rank doesn't matter... if it didn't matter, why was everyone complaining about bad matchmaking before? That's why we got MMR in the first place.

    And believe it or not, time played does increase your skill.

  • 20-10 shouldnt play with red ranks. Change my mind. :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516025#Comment_1516025

    Why /s? We know literally nothing about this game other than the screenshot. Rank =/= skill, and everyone agrees on that. The killer was rank 7, but they were also a Doctor using only Overcharge I, so it was probably their first game as Doctor under the new MMR. After this match the rank 20's skill should drop, the killer's should go up, etc. and the matches should get better going forward.

    Plus, the killer ended up with 32k points and three survivors got up to 19-26k. That's a sign that the survivors probably made good progress on generators and they had a nice long match. In other words, it probably wasn't that unbalanced, even with the rank 20 and the killer probably having very little history for the system to work with.

    Could there be more protection for rank 20s? Sure, but this system will protect them over time as all of the experienced players have a MMR to reflect their experience.

    Let's wait more than 3 days before whining.

    Why are you allowed to make assumptions about the killer's skill based on perks but nobody else can make assumptions about skill based on ranks (playtime this month)?

    Surely someone who has played a minimum of a couple dozen hours this month will have some level of experience and someone who hasn't played DBD at all in the past 30 days must be new or at least rusty.

    Besides, new players should absolutely have protection for their first 10 games or so; unless they read through the forums or research the game beforehand new players will assume there is no MMR and that unfun slaughterfests are the default, which they are.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516614#Comment_1516614

    "Were you there? No, you were not, so you have no clue how the match went at all."

    That is literally my point. The forum is overflowing right now with screenshots just like this that don't say anything about how the match went, how good the players were, etc. We have no clue what the skill ratings of the people in the lobby are.

    If you let Doctor 3-gen you and lost after a long struggle, that's not an unbalanced match. That's the survivors losing a winnable match because they messed up their gen spacing. It happens to the best of us, but it is what it is.

    MMR needs everyone to have history to be able to effectively match them. Let's take a hypothetical where I'm the only person who has any match history. My skill is 500 and everyone else has 100. When I go to queue up, the game probably isn't going to wait 3 days until a few people at my level join the lobby. It's going to put me into a lobby with other people at rank 100 and it's going to see how they do. If they beat up on me, their skill will go up by a lot and mine will go down by a lot. If I beat up on them no one's rank will change much (since I was expected to win, with my higher skill) and they'll go onto their next game.

    This is probably exactly what's happening right now, just less extreme. If many people queuing up have very little match history, it makes sense that the game would sometimes drop them into matches with people who do have history just to see how they'll do rather than letting queue times get out of control for the people who have been playing.

    TL;DR Wait until the ranks have time to settle down before complaining on the forums.

    My team mates were rank 20, I am rank 3 devotion 20. You can NOT compare us at all.

    Everyone who just started the game wont be good at the game because they don't know workarounds.

    Also in case you haven't read the title and thread, I have now over 70 matches after the new MMR, and is in fact still not working. It's looking the same it did when I had only 1 match.


    TL;DR don't like a thread don't comment on it.

  • I have the same MMR as people who just bought the game


    Dead by Daylight Screenshot 2020.08.06 - 05.00.44.51.png Dead by Daylight Screenshot 2020.08.04 - 19.33.21.08.png


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516642#Comment_1516642

    My point is exactly that we know nothing about the game. I say that explicitly in my comment. There are endless posts right now with screenshots showing mismatched ranks and whining about MMR, and I'm tired of them. So, I'm playing Devil's Advocate by throwing out one plausible situation that would have resulted in this screenshot without MMR being broken.

    Read my reply to Marigoria above this for why we shouldn't be judging the MMR system yet. It's not necessarily enough for OP to have played a lot if most other people haven't. We have no idea how the algorithm works. All we know is that if they evaluate skill well the games will get better over time. It has been 3 days.

    I'm fine with new players getting protection, but any new people who join after the MMR system is stable will have built in protection already. If you think about it that way it's not as critical of a problem to solve.

    If you're tired of them close your computer and go outside or something. No one is forcing you to look at them.

    Your situation isn't plausible as it has been shown in multiple discussions now.

    I am judging the MMR system now because a dev did say they have been gathering data for months and that after a couple matches the system should be working. It is not.

    I'm pretty sure a lot of other people have played enough matches, so I should be teaming up with those who did and have a similar score, not players who just started today. That compromises the system results and isn't smart at all.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516689#Comment_1516689

    Pardon me for trying to reduce the nonstop hate and toxicity coming out of this community with a little bit of common sense.

    Criticism isn't hate or toxicity.

  • Maybe it needs time. Maybe it's broken. Either way we have to show them what's happening so they know

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'm rank 3 right now, and devotion 14. I also play solo.

    I'm still getting rank 20 team mates with 1 perk who can't hit skill checks, after 50+ games.

    After how many matches are we supposed to have a working MMR?

    Well for me it works perfect! I get a lot of more purple rank players with full prestige 3 and full perks. A lot more derankers from last system getting into my matches which is good.

  • @batax90 said:

    Survivor need to play swf if they want to win right now. If they stay solo they will have 2 rank 30 in their team vs a rank 1 killer

    Oh you mean like 90% of matches anyways? Every single lobby is filled with minimum 2 SWF.

  • Its trying to on purpose do this to your teams. It wants to give an average mmr to work on you. So if two people are at 500 and 2 are at 100 and the killer is at 300, thats a "balanced game" in regards to MMR. Its working as intended and people need to stop complaining and just practice and get better.

  • @WeenieDog said:

    I wonder if you're more likely, as a solo, to have a situation where the MM gives you 2 highs and 2 lows to average an MMR that accommodates what ever killer it finds.

    I wish I could feel as annoyed as everyone else is, but my queue times are too long IMO to warrant playing more than 2-3 matches.

    This is exactly what i think is happening. When i cue up with a swf team we've been getting decent killers.

    If i go into solo cue its almost always a 2v2 or a 3v1 with me usually being the most experienced player on my team.

    95% of my games go me starting the first gen and just watching my potatoes go down one after the other and by the time the gen is finished im the only one left not hooked or slugged.

    Or

    I get caught first and run the killer for 3 minutes then get caught, meanwhile no gens have popped and my team mates are just hiding or maybe just like 25% done with a gen, because they hop off of it every 5 seconds because they hear the heartbeat.

    Then i die first hook and next game.

    This is every game as a solo cue! Sucks

  • @rogueplayer00 said:

    Its trying to on purpose do this to your teams. It wants to give an average mmr to work on you. So if two people are at 500 and 2 are at 100 and the killer is at 300, thats a "balanced game" in regards to MMR. Its working as intended and people need to stop complaining and just practice and get better.

    So people just need to suck it up and play with lower skilled teammates? Please. How is that balanced? How is that an issue of people just needing to practice and get better? No one wants to play with lower skilled teammates. The whole point of mmr is to put people close in skill together.

  • @Axx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516773#Comment_1516773

    So people just need to suck it up and play with lower skilled teammates? Please. How is that balanced? How is that an issue of people just needing to practice and get better? No one wants to play with lower skilled teammates. The whole point of mmr is to put people close in skill together.

    Thats how mmr works in literallt every other game. In cod, in competitive strategy games, all of them. If your whole team has an MMR of 500, but one of your mates is 100, it goes the other way too. The reason its not efficient for dead by daylight is because its 1v4 not 4v4. The power role needs to be as good as ALL of the survivors playing against them, and that would be unfair if they kept it to that, not to mention matchmaking pain. So letting in a random sitting duck rank 17 thats been in queue for 5 minutes to a team of purples and reds to verse a killer thats a purple makes sense.

  • @rogueplayer00 said:

    Its trying to on purpose do this to your teams. It wants to give an average mmr to work on you. So if two people are at 500 and 2 are at 100 and the killer is at 300, thats a "balanced game" in regards to MMR. Its working as intended and people need to stop complaining and just practice and get better.

    What the ######### dude, that's not how balance works. You can't just put 2 pros and 2 noobs together and create 4 average players with that. Jesus ######### christ some people in this community trigger me more than vegan feminists.

  • @Roobnus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516773#Comment_1516773

    What the ######### dude, that's not how balance works. You can't just put 2 pros and 2 noobs together and create 4 average players with that. Jesus ######### christ some people in this community trigger me more than vegan feminists.

    I Understand that thats not how balance works, but thats what THE SYSTEM IS DOING. IM NOT SAYING I THINK TBIS IS WHAT ITS DOING, IT IS WHAT IS DOING. Im not trying to trigger anyone im trying to explain why these games are happening to people who are angry. Guess I'll just shut up and let people be angry then

  • @rogueplayer00 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516822#Comment_1516822

    I Understand that thats not how balance works, but thats what THE SYSTEM IS DOING. IM NOT SAYING I THINK TBIS IS WHAT ITS DOING, IT IS WHAT IS DOING. Im not trying to trigger anyone im trying to explain why these games are happening to people who are angry. Guess I'll just shut up and let people be angry then

    So I guess the part where you said "people need to stop complaining and instead learn to play" was sarcastic? I apologize in that case. You can't get better at the game when you constantly play a 2v1 in a game that's supposed to be a 4v1 with players of equal skill.

  • I'm still getting level 1 Killers. Survivoirs may be boosted but not Killers. Where have all these level 1 killers come from??? Why do they want me so bad???😭

  • Red ranks going against rank 20's is just cruel.

  • I might be out of the loop, or an idiot but... I was under the assumption the MMR system needed time to adjust to everyones individual skill level. So...they said 10 games yeah?

    To me, that means (as killer) 10 games with one specific killer will be necessary before the system knows where to put you.

    AND

    To me, that means (as survivor) 10 games ‘against’ one specific killer will be necessary before the system knows where to put you.

    If that’s even close to how it is, then with up to 20 killers, you need 200 games to get the MMR system settled with all killers and survivors. Not sure why people expect everything to be settled and perfect so soon. This might be a month or two endeavor.

  • ez killer adept 👀

  • 117113649_2396597263980630_4023881765507405620_n.jpg

    yeh mmr is ######### now. i've played the required amount of games and its still crap XD

  • Whatever matchmaking changes you implemented... they are not fun. At all. I've been playing against a constant stream of rank 1, 2, 3 survivors, as a rank 10 killer.... all night. It is not fun. I don't play this game religiously. I play for fun. I can't catch survivors who have 5000 hours in the game, know every ######### loop, and play perfectly. You need to seriously re-evaluate. You are going to lose a lot of players because it's just not fun playing the top players in the world every game.

  • You do know that the matchmaking system is to help you practice with different killers right? Just switch it up a bit and play a different killer

  • @Exhenn said:

    You do know that the matchmaking system is to help you practice with different killers right? Just switch it up a bit and play a different killer

    This makes no sense. They'll still be getting matched with red ranked survivors... even with killers they dont use often. That's what they are trying to say. The flaw that the new mmr system has, is that it is not working as intended. Blaming the players for having a bad experience is wrong. The culprit here is the mmr system, not the people getting paired with unfair skill levels. "Switching it up" is supposed to pair them up with lower skilled survivors, which isnt happening. That's what OP is referring to.

  • Now, I've been playing this game on console since the time Clown and Kate came out.

    Recently I decided to finally buy the game for PC and give it a shot.

    But every single match has been like the photo below.

    Even as a rank 19 killer I go up against nothing but rank 6+ teams, which is fine considering I'm a rank 7 killer main on console, so I've whooped on them.

    But what if I wasn't? Throwing new players into a match against seasoned players like this is just downright idiotic.

    Controlling survivors on keyboard and mouse is hard enough to get accustomed to for people changing over from console like myself, but imagine completely new people just learning the game versus top rank killers. This is absolutely absurd and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose more of their player base due to crap like this. They certainly don't seem to care for new players as it is.

    Dead by Daylight Screenshot 2020.08.07 - 03.33.59.04.png


  • I've been getting matched to the exact same, but as Survivor. All new players at around Rank 18-20 while I sit at Rank 2. Every unhook results in the survivor running to a corner and self-caring, or hiding while I'm on hook. The game is now unplayable because of the players themselves, not the bugs for a change. It's annoying and really making me want to quit the game for good. I'm not amazing by any means, but my skill is far more than a new player for sure, and having to die over and over becase of said players, well my MMR, if it even exists at this point, is going to drop because I got matched to players who don't understand the game.

  • RaNk MeAnS nOtHiNg.

    RaNk 20 = rAnK 1.

    RaNk 20s aRe JuSt As gOOd aS rAnK 1s.

    2000 hOuRs Vs 20 hOuRs Is FaIr BeCaUsE hOuRs aRe MeAnInGlEss!

  • Just had a match against 3 rank 20s despite me being a rank one lol. they should block people under rank 15 from the MMR.

  • BHVR must think its OK, otherwise it'd not be this bad.

  • @Exhenn said:

    You do know that the matchmaking system is to help you practice with different killers right? Just switch it up a bit and play a different killer

    Yeah but no, this new system is not working, played plague for the first time a couple hours ago and I ended against Rank 2/6/8/12. I only hooked the rank 12 and he just kill himself on the hook 20s later. Didnt hit anyone after until the gate was open and they were waiting for me

  • Have you read the patchnotes? Rank is not used for matching players, Skill rating are.

    Congratulations on being matched with high rank players. You must be a natural.

  • well that is wrong. im trying new killer and i want to learn. i have no perkz and suddenly facing rank 1 and 2 :)

    i played many online free games. free games are so good in matchmaking because they do not make a game that player hate his life matching against players above 1k hour of game.

  • Dont worry about it, you will get better in time. Observe, Adapt, Improve, Conquer.

    It takes like 1 game to get enough blood to get perks on a character.

  • Yeah, the new matchmaking is utter garbage and the devs seem to be scared of admitting that. I wouldn’t blame you if you wanted to quit the game. The new player experience is horrible (the massive grind and terrible matchmaking are the worst offenders) and many others feel the same.

    Also if you’re on console I’d just try to switch to PC, this game has been very poorly optimized for years.

  • No thanks, I like the new matchmaking system. Im getting evenly skilled players vs me.

    But I also play a lot, so i'm probably better matched. How much have you played?

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'm rank 3 right now, and devotion 14. I also play solo.

    I'm still getting rank 20 team mates with 1 perk who can't hit skill checks, after 50+ games.

    After how many matches are we supposed to have a working MMR?

    I don't know if it's just me, but as a solo queue survivor I've lately had the easiest matches of my life. I keep getting killers who I absolutely demolish from rank 12-20 killers as a rank 1. So I would say the system is completely broken, but hey at least I don't have to sweat to complete challenges and earn bloodpoints. ;)

  • We're not told how it's calculated, we're not allowed to see what it is, we're not shown MMR results after the match, and there are dozens upon dozens of people reporting little to no change in matchmaking well after the supposed 10 game threshold. This would be called an obvious scam if it was any other product. The QA specifically mentioned there were protections for new players when that's a blatant, obvious, lie. Intentional or not, it's simply not true.

  • gonna take back what i said. ive been getting some rank 5-1 killers and looping them fair and square, escaping, and etc. it's working much better than the rank system. i've been told many times that the only reason i'm not rank 1 is that i've got no time for the game, and can only play in packs of 3-4 matches per day. that way, ranking from 15 to red ranks is very hard, now i get it. the mmr is indeed super fair. thank you bhvr, for the nice work you're doing. PRANKED YA!!! my rank 20 friend who dies in the first 5 seconds of matches is being matched against rank 1's. why, if he's not swf'ing with high-ranks? explain yourselves, mods.

  • Inb4: "But how did the match feel? Rank doesn't matter."

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'm rank 3 right now, and devotion 14. I also play solo.

    I'm still getting rank 20 team mates with 1 perk who can't hit skill checks, after 50+ games.

    After how many matches are we supposed to have a working MMR?

    “Give it some more time.”

  • @Axx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1516773#Comment_1516773

    So people just need to suck it up and play with lower skilled teammates? Please. How is that balanced? How is that an issue of people just needing to practice and get better? No one wants to play with lower skilled teammates. The whole point of mmr is to put people close in skill together.

    Now you have to do something the first time, instead of just pressing m1 and bully the killer. Carry the other ppl if you are so good or get rekt.

  • We were told it ran in the background for months prior to this update and that it would take 10 matches for the system to find your average skill level. Gameplay suggests that this definitely is not the case.

  • @Deathslinger said:

    I might be out of the loop, or an idiot but... I was under the assumption the MMR system needed time to adjust to everyones individual skill level. So...they said 10 games yeah?

    To me, that means (as killer) 10 games with one specific killer will be necessary before the system knows where to put you.

    AND

    To me, that means (as survivor) 10 games ‘against’ one specific killer will be necessary before the system knows where to put you.

    If that’s even close to how it is, then with up to 20 killers, you need 200 games to get the MMR system settled with all killers and survivors. Not sure why people expect everything to be settled and perfect so soon. This might be a month or two endeavor.

    Survivor were supposed to need only 10 matches (if they are new or haven't played in a while) because they were collecting data beforehand.

    For killer it is 10 matches for each individual killer. But same as above, if you have played recently with a specific killer the system should have learned already about that.

    That's where most of the frustration comes from. They said that data was collected but people (especially streamer) who play a lot...like really a lot, should have quite the accurate rating, but the matching isn't accurate at all. That gives the impression that we got lied to - which set's people off. Additionally many have no fun playing because it's either too easy or too hard. I read a few exceptions where it seems to work, but well...overall it seems to be the minority by far.


    I read in a different thread, that the system is being looked at. Nothing more known currently, so all we can do is wait sadly.

  • 20200806_235552.jpg

    I've been playing on ps4 for about 2 months now, and decided to get the game on pc to play with some friends. eventually i decided to play some killer and see if i could get up to where i was on ps4, where i'm currently rank 10. after 2 expectingly boring games, i figured maybe i'd start playing against somewhat higher ranks, like somewhere from 15-10. I hadn't even been playing that well so this just didn't make sense to me. After looking at their profiles, this was a 4 man swf, all with at least 1,000 hours in the game, one with 3,000. there is no reason a killer on their third game, after playing average games against people who just started playing, should be matched with this. Before this happened I believed, despite all of the other posts about all of the unbalanced games, that it could work at least most of the time. But after this, i'm not so sure.

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'm rank 3 right now, and devotion 14. I also play solo.

    I'm still getting rank 20 team mates with 1 perk who can't hit skill checks, after 50+ games.

    After how many matches are we supposed to have a working MMR?

    Dont know if anyone has said this, but unfortunately its not just your mmr at play here. You also have the killers and the other survivors. Some assumptions here, but maybe the game takes the killers mmr, and tries to build a team that would be fair to play against. That would be my guess. So unfortunately its not entirely up to you, its up to everyone to play enough to get proper "mmr". I believe it takes at least a week if not more before we get more "balanced" matches. They claim the program have been running but considering it hasnt been trying to matchmake teams I believe thats where some of the weirder matches comes from.

    Again this is just speculation on my part. I cant recall having played a game that tried to implement mmr into its 4 year old game so for all I know this might be perfectly normale for the first while. And I would guess you not knowing the rankings of your team mates and the killer, would remove a lot of frustration from a lot of people. As some have said it seems to have been an ok match. I got a lot of similar results before the MMR so all I can say is, its not worse. Its just different xD.

  • I don’t see how this is supposed to work when I keep getting teamed up with idiots and ppl so new they won’t do anything other than hide on lockers until the birds come or stay still enough to attract the birds. Then they decide to follow you while you’re trying to disarm traps. I’m sure my MMR score sucks.

  • @Ghouled_Mojo said:

    I don’t see how this is supposed to work when I keep getting teamed up with idiots and ppl so new they won’t do anything other than hide on lockers until the birds come or stay still enough to attract the birds. Then they decide to follow you while you’re trying to disarm traps. I’m sure my MMR score sucks.

    I think you're supposed to play the hero role, put the team on your back, and then once you're the last alive, have the killer grief you in some form while murdering you for your efforts. This has been my experience from time to time.

1 2 3 4 … 6