Boil Over is useless
Using it never results in a save. It's always well it almost saved me or it was almost useful. Needs a buff or a rework because it's especially useless if the killer has iron grasp due to the perks just nearly cancelling out and wiggling off a killer is only possible when survivors body block and the killer doesn't have iron grasp or if the killer is really far from a hook. The small 2% you get to wiggle free might as well not be there because you will almost never save yourself using this perk you're better off with just about anything else.
Comments
Perks are not meant to be useful all the time lol.
I had boil over works for me in Myers house, cold wind farm and springwood location.
It shouldn't always let you wiggle free but it does need a buff. The should make it so that struggling speed is increased by 5,10,15% and slightly increase the range of the aura cancelling
Boil Over is like Adrenaline, it won't work all the time, but if it works, it saves your sorry behind.
If it would make hooking victims way to difficult, you would see more slugging and people would start complaining about getting slugged,
Pick your poison.
I agree, it's useless
"bUT wHaT aBOuT KiLlErS?"
With the upcoming DS nerf I think it's gonna start looking plenty tasty for some builds.
I do wish it had a slightly stronger effect. Maybe make aura range be 10/15/200 meters, and increase speed of struggle by 2/4/6%. with that change, the Iron Grasp perk will have its struggle effects halved at each tier but still provide a bonus to the killer.
200?! (kidding I know you meant 20) But 2/4/6 feels too low, maybe make it 6/8/10?
They don't even need iron grasp. There's hooks upon hooks within 5 meters of each other. It's for sure one of the most useless perks definitely the worst Kate perk.
Why? It's not that hard to see hooks, they mainly spawn in the certain locations so you can tell where they are.
With all of these taking affects at once it make getting out of the killer's grasp easy most of the time you wouldn't even need a body block.
You're not meant to get off the killer shoulder 95% of the time. That 5% is spilt up between interference from other survivors, decisive strike and poor positioning.
In short boil over can already be a pain as it is just with the wiggle effect alone now if you add extra wiggle speed and increased aura blocking your practically make it way too easy.
You're making things like iron grasp a must bring perk and in the current stage of things Killers practically already have to bring ruin to make sure you don't get ven rushed I don't want to have to also constantly bring iron grasp so I can actually get hooks
Yea it does need a buff kates perks werent to good
You'll just bring back the Iron Grasp meta and everybody will complain about Iron Grasp
Honestly, I feel like most killers I go against use it all the time already. Maybe just my dumb luck, and not as common as it appears.
Also yes, I meant 20 meters, not 200
I do see how if they boosted it, the perk would become more popular. But I also think that decisive strike, self care, and sprint burst should be weakened considerably, and a few other perks should get boosts. It’ll add more variety to survivor builds for sure.
Edit: and honestly I don’t think there is an issue with making survivor perks that directly combat a specific killer perk. So long as when both are equipped, the killer still gets a bonus to his abilities, while cancelling out special abilities for the survivor
Half of the perks are rather useless.
As a killer main I can tell you it does work when you are carrying people and need to walk through narrow spaces or doors in some maps, and also when you have to walk long distances. It works even better when coupled with teammates bodyblocking.
Iron Grasp kinda counters it, but Agitation is a much better perk and makes IG obsolete, so most killers will prefer Agitation. I have dropped several survivors with Boil Over in my games (or they wiggled out, should I say)
That's the idea of posting, I'm glad you will consider my opinion. Yes there are better perks depending on the build you're aiming for. Just in case, I've seen that Boil Over works the best in Lery's. It makes killers bump into everything and waste a lot of time. Haddonfield would come second IMO.
It needs a slight buff in wiggling speed, EG increase wiggle speed by 3/4/5% wiggle speed
I keep seeing this, but devs have stated outright that they won't increase wiggle speed as it would be a balancing nightmare.
I think Boil Over would be fairly balanced with three changes:
1. Wiggle Sway increased by 75%/100%/125%.
2. All auras (including hooks) obscured within 12/18/24 meters while carrying
3. All auras obscured for 1/2/3 seconds after being hooked.
This would do two things: make it a bit more effective than it currently is, and also position the perk as a partial counter to BBQ & Chilli (it would leave that brief second of visibility to the perk so that it's not a complete counter to it).
Are expecting to wiggle out every time??
All they have to do to this perk is simply make hook auras not show at 16/18/20 meters.
Easy.
That extra little bit would make the perk viable.
Not every single feature and Survivor perk in existence should result in an escape for the Survivor. Some are there for different reasons, and the fact that you can't see that, OP, says a lot about your expectations of the game.
95% of the time this perk has no use..
The fact that it doesn't guarantee an easy escape doesn't mean it has no use.
The perk is just that bad.
Which is why I said "95% of the time it has no use" meaning you don't get an escape most of the time, but in some situations you will..
"Escape" is not the only use a perk has to have. That's what I'm saying. I know the stale Survivor meta is to use every crutch perk in existence, but the other 99% of Survivor perks are useful in different ways.
If you're not power-hungry, Boil Over ain't bad at all.
It does need a look at but it'll be a while.
It is a pretty balanced perk... But that is what makes it useless.
Just like everything else that is actually balanced.
It's actually not. The current wiggle amount isn't even noticeable (I've never lost a hook because of the increased sway from Boil Over, and I've only ever lost one hook due to sway period and that was when I was still pretty new to the game), and the hiding of the hook auras is only marginally useful at best against experienced killers as they already know where the hooks are going to be even without the auras.
That perk is not supposed to be useful in every single situation.
When I was playing a doc in springwood, I tried to carry a kate to the basement in the school and I failed. It was more annoying than the combination of all the times that I have been D striked.
It is a fun perk, not consistent but when it becomes successful, it feels really good. Not every single perk will be viable unfortunately. I don't see them buffing this perk while there are much more terrible perks in the game.