Boil Over is useless
Using it never results in a save. It's always well it almost saved me or it was almost useful. Needs a buff or a rework because it's especially useless if the killer has iron grasp due to the perks just nearly cancelling out and wiggling off a killer is only possible when survivors body block and the killer doesn't have iron grasp or if the killer is really far from a hook. The small 2% you get to wiggle free might as well not be there because you will almost never save yourself using this perk you're better off with just about anything else.
Comments
A lot of killers are still using it for some reason. I personally find it hilarious because there's a hook around every corner.
You rocking a nurse portrait says a lot about you as well.
You assuming something from my portrait says a lot more about you.
Surveillance.
I rest my case for worst perk.
Think it's mustard.
You want to increase the aura blocking fine
You want to increase the wiggle effect fine
But if you want to add a third part of the perk with no downsides that's a massive no.
Boil over does really well on maps like lery's and the game. It can also it makes it even easier for people to use body blocking to their advantage.
Is it a good perk debatable. It's situational so whether you see it as a good perk or not really depends on how it works for you.
Now the main question does it need a buff yes I agree it does however I don't think giving it more wiggle speed is a good idea. in fact this is something to devs have already thought of and realised during their testing that it would be very annoying for the killer to deal with
You know what they say about assuming. I'm not a survivor or a killer main, I do about 50/50 each. Your buff to PGtW is too extreme to be taken seriously. I just want to see a more even distribution of perks such that we don't have such a constant meta of the same perks being used by everyone. That would mean buffing UP perks like Boil Over, and nerfing OP perks like Self-Care and Decisive Strike. I've been trying to work Boil Over into my current build, and in its current form it feels like a waste of a slot, even compared to other lackluster perks like Windows of Opportunity.
I also agree that Boil Over shouldn't be triggering free escapes. However, the problem is that with the current version of the perk, even when the killer makes a mistake or three, it's not enough for Boil Over to come into play, which it should.
people really underestimate how unfun messing with killers carrying is
there's a reason DS and bodyblocking are so frustrating
+1 this