Walked around gens for a hour and 10 minutes.

Long story short survivors 3 gened themselves got pissed and are now hiding. Been 30 minutes so far. (Edit:finished with a hour and 10 minutes)

Comments

  • Go make some popcorn. It'll lure them out of hiding.

  • Wow, that's commitment 😅

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Long story short survivors 3 gened themselves got pissed and are now hiding. Been 30 minutes so far.

    Once the game is over report the survivors for taking the game hostage.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    Go make some popcorn. It'll lure them out of hiding.

    they could get the last gen done though while im afk

  • 45 minutes now maybe?

  • I’ve had some long games before but this is something else lol. The Devs should implement something to stop this. Maybe have everybody’s auras show if they don’t do anything for a long period of time? Because unless you’re playing as Doctor, you’re screwed.

  • And its backwater swamp so love how easy it is for them to hide.

  • record this for 10 or 15 more minutes, then DC or wait it out, whatever you want. make sure to report them in the endgame for holding the game hostage though.

    after that, go here ( https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us ) and file a ticket with the video you took as additional info (make sure to keep their profiles open though, you'll need these for the reports).

    that should be enough to get them banned.

  • Go hunt them down and kill em, or take the loss.

  • I wonder if these are the three Clauds, dressed for hiding, two with similar names that I ditched in a Lobby about that long ago.

    I was so not going down that road with a that trio.

  • You really want them dead so much that you are okay with spending so much time on one match? I'd rather just report them afterwards. Why waste time? It's not like your life depends on it 😐️

  • @Clevite said:

    Go hunt them down and kill em, or take the loss.

    The loss? I've won at this point its 2 survivors left and theyve 3 gened this isnt a win for them.

  • Well exact names with a slight change.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459155#Comment_1459155

    The loss? I've won at this point its 2 survivors left and theyve 3 gened this isnt a win for them.

    My point is go get em. Why would you spend 30 minutes patrolling gennys that are not being worked on.?

    If they are being worked on chase em a d kill 1

  • @BillyDied said:

    Some killers go for the 3 gen strat. But then they don't even attempt to chase someone. No, they just keep holding hostage of these 3 gens and only smack survivors who come to near and eventually down greedy survivors. And then I see survivors thinking "well then, if he has no intention to chase someone I will chill on the other side of the map till he gives up" and at this point both are holding hostage imo.

    Nah i was leaving the gens to look a couple of times.

  • Well now i have a decision to make they said they didnt really know they were holding the game hostage (i messaged one on playstation messages and they let me escape and the other immediately left through hatch) i did record it and could report them for it but im probably not gonna make someone lose an account over just trying to survive in a game. I was tombstone myers. Rip my evil incarnate though.

  • Final time was a hour and 10 minutes give or take.

  • @Clevite said:

    Go hunt them down and kill em, or take the loss.

    How exactly can he hunt people down when they’re just hiding? It’s easier said than done. When it happened to me it was 2 Blendette’s on Yamaoka Estate, both running Spine Chill and Urban Evasion.

  • @BillyDied said:

    Some killers go for the 3 gen strat. But then they don't even attempt to chase someone. No, they just keep holding hostage of these 3 gens and only smack survivors who come to near and eventually down greedy survivors. And then I see survivors thinking "well then, if he has no intention to chase someone I will chill on the other side of the map till he gives up" and at this point both are holding hostage imo.

    doing a 3 gen strat and then chasing survivors eventually ends up as an attrition loss for the killer. 3 gen is a very big problem that results in a stalemate between the two sides. Ultimately the survivors have the advantage because they can be in multiple places at once vs the killer, and using proper hiding techniques will make the regression from gen kicking minimal.

    The game is technically being held hostage by the survivors, as their primary goal is to do gens, not sit around and hide. Since the killer can actually depip and lose ranks by killing too quickly, the killer is then meant to not chase and kill survivors, but to toy with them and let them go.

  • @BillyDied said:

    Some killers go for the 3 gen strat. But then they don't even attempt to chase someone. No, they just keep holding hostage of these 3 gens and only smack survivors who come to near and eventually down greedy survivors. And then I see survivors thinking "well then, if he has no intention to chase someone I will chill on the other side of the map till he gives up" and at this point both are holding hostage imo.

    No the killer isn't hold the game hostage sense defending the generators is part of their jobs.

    The survivors in that situation are the ones holding the game hostage sense they are perventing the killer from getting kills by hiding and aren't trying to progress their own goals.

    The killer is under no obligation to go on a wild goose chase to try to find survivors but survivors are obligated to finish generators to finish the game.

  • Survivors can break totems, open chests, look for hatch and how do you know as killer that they aren't doing these things? Going for the 3 gen makes survivors have to out live one another so you better have whispers because surviving is a stubborn affair.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Long story short survivors 3 gened themselves got pissed and are now hiding. Been 30 minutes so far.

    That always happens, it's so boring, I slug them to death once I get them.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Final time was a hour and 10 minutes give or take.

    Change the title then 😄

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459155#Comment_1459155

    How exactly can he hunt people down when they’re just hiding? It’s easier said than done. When it happened to me it was 2 Blendette’s on Yamaoka Estate, both running Spine Chill and Urban Evasion.

    By trying. It happens, you find higher ground, scan the map. Look for crows, gens being worked on..etc

    Trapper, traps. Demo, use shred, find people near portals. Bottles, shock, cloak, I mean the list goes on nd on.

    What else is there to do, walk in a circle for 30 minutes?

  • I do think if 5 minutes go by with no progress to the match either 1. EGC should just start so the match can end or 2. the match just ends. This way survivors aren't just wasting time with killer refusing to chase and killers don't have to DC because survivors are hiding.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459200#Comment_1459200

    By trying. It happens, you find higher ground, scan the map. Look for crows, gens being worked on..etc

    Trapper, traps. Demo, use shred, find people near portals. Bottles, shock, cloak, I mean the list goes on nd on.

    What else is there to do, walk in a circle for 30 minutes?

    In my match no gens were being worked on and that was the issue. It was 2 Blendette’s hiding in bushes and waiting for the other to die. I was playing as Michael so I didn’t have anything else to do. It went on for 10 mins until I eventually heard some grass move and found one of them. Survivors shouldn’t be able to make you spend 10 mins trying to find them because they’re basically a cloaked Wraith on certain maps and I shouldn’t have to DC and lose BP because people just want to hide instead of trying to do a generator. It’s boring. Also, crows don’t fly away when you crawl past them with Urban Evasion.

  • @BillyDied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459215#Comment_1459215

    I think I never read more bias in a single post than this.

    So, it's not holding the game hostage if the killer is not even trying to kill survivors while he prevents them to progress the game to the end... But at the same time it's survivors holding hostage for not running into the killer arms? Okay then.

    Dude I am going off of what the developers have said before on this subject.

    If the survivors are both not doing their own objective and are preventing the killer from doing theirs by hiding the survivors are the ones holding the game hostage.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459241#Comment_1459241

    In my match no gens were being worked on and that was the issue. It was 2 Blendette’s hiding in bushes and waiting for the other to die. I was playing as Michael so I didn’t have anything else to do. It went on for 10 mins until I eventually heard some grass move and found one of them. Survivors shouldn’t be able to make you spend 10 mins trying to find them because they’re basically a cloaked Wraith on certain maps and I shouldn’t have to DC and lose BP because people just want to hide instead of trying to do a generator. It’s boring. Also, crows don’t fly away when you crawl past them with Urban Evasion.

    I know about the crows, it was not the whole basis of my argument, just a small part of it.

    I agree that this game play sucks, but so do other tactics used by both sides. As the killer I play with an offensive mind set at all times.

    Perhaps finding higher ground and just going into stalk may have eventually highlighted 1 of them.

  • I guess u deserved it. xD

  • Well... this is sick. =/

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459248#Comment_1459248

    I know about the crows, it was not the whole basis of my argument, just a small part of it.

    I agree that this game play sucks, but so do other tactics used by both sides. As the killer I play with an offensive mind set at all times.

    Perhaps finding higher ground and just going into stalk may have eventually highlighted 1 of them.

    The thing is, it’s not really a tactic. It would be classed as taking the game hostage. As the game will only end when the survivors are dead or the generators are all fixed. As a killer, you’re trapped in the game. The Devs have already said this isn’t allowed. It’s not always as simple as ‘finding higher ground’ - if a stealthy player with Urban Evasion and Spine Chill don’t want to be found, then they won’t be. You shouldn’t have to walk around for over 10 mins hoping you bump into them. It’s ridiculous. I’ll admit it’s a rarity and it doesn’t happen often but the point is, it shouldn’t be able to happen at all.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459262#Comment_1459262

    The thing is, it’s not really a tactic. It would be classed as taking the game hostage. As the game will only end when the survivors are dead or the generators are all fixed. As a killer, you’re trapped in the game. The Devs have already said this isn’t allowed. It’s not always as simple as ‘finding higher ground’ - if a stealthy player with Urban Evasion and Spine Chill don’t want to be found, then they won’t be. You shouldn’t have to walk around for over 10 mins hoping you bump into them. It’s ridiculous. I’ll admit it’s a rarity and it doesn’t happen often but the point is, it shouldn’t be able to happen at all.

    I am not saying it is not a dirtbag move. I'm just saying it is part of the game.

    Same with tunneling ebonies, face camping LF, DS locker BS, Heal Tech at the gates and all that BS.

    It is the game we love, why whine about it? Search and destroy, is it harder, sure.

    But you can find them and kill them.

  • This almost happened to me last night. Had survivors three gen themselves VERY badly. Like I could walk between all three gens in eight seconds or less. Sadly, two of them had keys.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459308#Comment_1459308

    I am not saying it is not a dirtbag move. I'm just saying it is part of the game.

    Same with tunneling ebonies, face camping LF, DS locker BS, Heal Tech at the gates and all that BS.

    It is the game we love, why whine about it? Search and destroy, is it harder, sure.

    But you can find them and kill them.

    Taking the game hostage is a bannable offence. Just like how a Wraith player who constantly stays cloaked the entire match to depip can be banned. Just because it can be done in the game doesn’t mean it isn’t against the rules. Camping and tunnelling, although annoying, aren’t against the rules. This is all public knowledge and it isn’t simply my opinion. The Devs have spoken about this stuff before.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Long story short survivors 3 gened themselves got pissed and are now hiding. Been 30 minutes so far. (Edit:finished with a hour and 10 minutes)

    They just have been pissed at you for something.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    And its backwater swamp so love how easy it is for them to hide.

    Did they bait each others death to use the hatch or were they really just scared?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @supersonic853 said:

    Long story short survivors 3 gened themselves got pissed and are now hiding. Been 30 minutes so far. (Edit:finished with a hour and 10 minutes)

    I've ran killers around for close to 2 hours and escape just a lot of patience against gen campers and you will be fine 😁

  • I would DC after 10 minutes.

  • All I gotta say is oof. ಠ ೧ ಠ

  • I assume you are literally just sitting by the 3 gens? Why not go out and find the survivors, commit to a chase and down them?

    You are just as bad as the survivors for holding the game hostage if that’s the case.

  • That's holding the game hostage. Pretty sure that's reportable.

  • @Clevite said:

    Go hunt them down and kill em, or take the loss.

    Go finish the gens or take the loss.

  • This is why I always run iron maiden. I always play myers

  • Crows should spawn on survivors if they didnt do gens in X minute(s). IdV handles it like that. their crows arent as lenient as in DBD.

  • @Customapple0 said:

    I assume you are literally just sitting by the 3 gens? Why not go out and find the survivors, commit to a chase and down them?

    You are just as bad as the survivors for holding the game hostage if that’s the case.

    Your assumption is wrong, OP stated that he searched the map as well. Blaming the OP for the situation is really uncalled for.

  • @CaulDrohn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459970#Comment_1459970

    Your assumption is wrong, OP stated that he searched the map as well. Blaming the OP for the situation is really uncalled for.

    He stated he looked only a couple of times. If you have trouble locating survivors there’s plenty of tracking perks to use.

    Killers objective is to kill & protect gens

    Survivors objective is to survive & do gens

    When the killer chooses to protect gens & survivors choose to survive it makes a stalemate. Killers fear that the gens will get done if they leave the 3 gen & survivors know they’ll probably get killed if they attempt to complete a gen that’s being camped.

    What are survivors supposed to do in a 3 gen situation exactly? Jump into the killers arms?

  • @Customapple0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460149#Comment_1460149

    He stated he looked only a couple of times. If you have trouble locating survivors there’s plenty of tracking perks to use.

    Killers objective is to kill & protect gens

    Survivors objective is to survive & do gens

    When the killer chooses to protect gens & survivors choose to survive it makes a stalemate. Killers fear that the gens will get done if they leave the 3 gen & survivors know they’ll probably get killed if they attempt to complete a gen that’s being camped.

    What are survivors supposed to do in a 3 gen situation exactly? Jump into the killers arms?

    I literally went looking around the map for 3 minutes then afk for 2. They had many opportunities.

  • @Customapple0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460149#Comment_1460149

    He stated he looked only a couple of times. If you have trouble locating survivors there’s plenty of tracking perks to use.

    Killers objective is to kill & protect gens

    Survivors objective is to survive & do gens

    When the killer chooses to protect gens & survivors choose to survive it makes a stalemate. Killers fear that the gens will get done if they leave the 3 gen & survivors know they’ll probably get killed if they attempt to complete a gen that’s being camped.

    What are survivors supposed to do in a 3 gen situation exactly? Jump into the killers arms?

    They're supposed to face the consequences of their #########-up instead of holding the game hostage.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460213#Comment_1460213

    They're supposed to face the consequences of their #########-up instead of holding the game hostage.

    Seriously though.

    If my team ever get into a 3-gen situation I still try to pressure the gens because it is a scenario you can still win. I’d rather just die trying than hide.

    Also, when I talked about my own experience with this earlier in the thread, the survivors hadn’t even 3-genned. They just stopped trying to fix them and waited for each other to die. I fail to see what tracking perks work against Claudette’s with Spine Chill and Urban Evasion?

‹ 1 2 3 4