Walked around gens for a hour and 10 minutes.

Long story short survivors 3 gened themselves got pissed and are now hiding. Been 30 minutes so far. (Edit:finished with a hour and 10 minutes)

Comments

  • @28_stabs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462254#Comment_1462254

    I can see you are mad and cant handle my opinion. Noice. You ignore facts that survivors make loud footstep noises, the grass make noise and killer perks can increase survivors breathing noise. Nope, you need to go through all details before you can win an argument. On top of noises, Killer can cut off locations by searching them right. If killer keep checking the ways out of a location or keep an eye on the ways out of a location survivor can be locked in that location. Locked survivor can be eventually found applying different unpredictable searching techniques.

    You remind me of coward killers who turn their back and chase women and children when I pick male survivor. A typical killer. :^) Goodbye.

    "On top of noises, Killer can cut off locations by searching them right. If killer keep checking the ways out of a location or keep an eye on the ways out of a location survivor can be locked in that location. Locked survivor can be eventually found applying different unpredictable searching techniques.

    You remind me of coward killers who turn their back and chase women and children when I pick male survivor. A typical killer. :^) Goodbye."

    This is completely nonsensical, I enjoyed it thoroughly. 10/10

  • Exact same thing happened to me on ps4 a couple of weeks ago, there was 2 survivors left and only 1 gen, they went missing for about 30 mins then I had a message to say the game had glitched out and the survivors was stuck inside one of the walls, another 30 minutes had past and I was bored so went downstairs to make a drink, when I came back the little shits had finished the last gen and was waiting in the exit door for me, got a message of them saying bamboozled 😂😂 gotta admit I did see the funny side in it but to go to those lengths to win a match is unbelievable

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462978#Comment_1462978

    1.2 and it was Blackwater swamp and one was a blendette with spinechill urban evasion.

    2. Probably because of spinechill theyd move away when i was going to that area. Doesnt change that their job is to do gens and they were refusing so the match couldnt end.

    True. All they had to do was split up, and each one work on a gen. Hide when they hear the heartbeat / terror radius, and once you kick the gen, and leave, go back and work on it some more. Repeat the process until one pops. It takes a little longer, but not that long..

  • @supersonic853 said:

    Long story short survivors 3 gened themselves got pissed and are now hiding. Been 30 minutes so far. (Edit:finished with a hour and 10 minutes)

    This is why I think there should be a defined time period. An amount of time the survivors HAVE to escape in. And if this isn't how it is, then there should at least be something that prevents this level of hiding. Like if a certain % of a gen hasn't been done in a certain amount of time all survivor auras are revealed. (Kinda like the afk crows but this is easy to avoid)


    I'm not saying make changes that would effect the normal player. I'm only suggesting changes that would force someone who's been doing literally nothing for 10 minutes to come out.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459308#Comment_1459308

    I am not saying it is not a dirtbag move. I'm just saying it is part of the game.

    Same with tunneling ebonies, face camping LF, DS locker BS, Heal Tech at the gates and all that BS.

    It is the game we love, why whine about it? Search and destroy, is it harder, sure.

    But you can find them and kill them.

    "You can find them and kill them" no you can't. That's exactly the point. If survivors are really trying to hide without progressing the game you will likely never find them.

  • @Customapple0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460149#Comment_1460149

    He stated he looked only a couple of times. If you have trouble locating survivors there’s plenty of tracking perks to use.

    Killers objective is to kill & protect gens

    Survivors objective is to survive & do gens

    When the killer chooses to protect gens & survivors choose to survive it makes a stalemate. Killers fear that the gens will get done if they leave the 3 gen & survivors know they’ll probably get killed if they attempt to complete a gen that’s being camped.

    What are survivors supposed to do in a 3 gen situation exactly? Jump into the killers arms?

    1. If they are 3 genned it's their own fault and they shouldn't hold the killer hostage because of their own mistakes.


    2. A survivors objective is to do gens and escape. If they are avoiding these objectives entirely they are holding the game hostage. There are ways around 3 gens too. Split up or have 1 survivor be bait while others do gens.


    3. Why would a killer stop patroling gens when that is literally their objective?


    It's idiotic to argue survivors aren't holding the game hostage. They were completely avoiding their objective while the killer was doing literally all they could do to find the survivors. If your tactic is "let's see how long I can make the match go to see If the killer quits" then you're complete scum and honestly deserve to be banned permanently from the game.

  • @cloudface said:

    😕 in F13 the game is just set to end in 20 mins, if killer doesn't kill in that time it counts as a survivor escape-maybe should be the opposite in DbD.

    I've had some past matches with Trapper where it took 45 minutes to kill the ladt two; so boring and not worth the bp or shards wasted.

    I think games should have a 40min cap and survivors die. If survivors won after time limit it would only encourage more hiding like this. Killer really wouldn't get anything for reaching the time limit because it just means they don't get the BP for hooking hitting and sacrificing leasing to more black pips or depips.


    There is literally no advantage to the killer winning after a certain time, all it would do is prevent survivors from hiding all game to troll the killer.

  • @DeadFreakWalkn said:

    Hey guys,

    Let me start with saying I am a newer player with under 100 hours of gameplay experience. I try to play both sides evenly, and I AM a pretty weak killer, though it is fun.

    With that being said... This game is a hide and seek game. Why, so often, are people whinning that people sometimes play the game as such? I find it interesting when I have a couple survivors left hiding on me! People's comments always reads as if they have no time to play a video game, which in itself is a time waster. If every match lasted 5 - 10 mins, I would get amazingly bored with this game fast. If everyone is freaking out about games that may take longer, this game really should implement a timeframe, no different than F13 does. Make every match 20-40 mins. The Lore could justify doing such by stating if you do not escape by Daylight, you are trapped forever. You could even make this a new game ending: stalemate or To Be Continued. I would rather this approach is taken rathet than seeing people whine about a video game eating up time. Really guys? =/

    ~DFW

    "Whine about a video game eating up people's time"


    You sit in an hour and a half long match of survivors doing nothing but hiding from you. Not doing gens or anything, just hiding. You sit through that, tell me how fun it is, then post something like this again. Until then just shut up. You have no idea how annoying it is as a killer when you're held hostage in a game. You either have to DC or just waste an hour of doing literally nothing. Why should you have to DC for playing well and backing survivors into a 3gen?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460813#Comment_1460813

    Hope they learned their lesson with their ban they got because either way they broke the rules i didn't. Anyways im dumb trying to explain what the devs have set. So have a nice day!

    It's cute you thought they were banned. DBD report system is god awful, nobody gets banned.


    It's too bad though, survivors like that literally don't deserve to be able to play the game. They deserve complete IP bans. I'd rather go against literal hackers than someone hiding all game with no intention to finish the game. At least it'd be more fun to chase someone.

  • @mentalpopcorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460568#Comment_1460568

    "Whine about a video game eating up people's time"

    You sit in an hour and a half long match of survivors doing nothing but hiding from you. Not doing gens or anything, just hiding. You sit through that, tell me how fun it is, then post something like this again. Until then just shut up. You have no idea how annoying it is as a killer when you're held hostage in a game. You either have to DC or just waste an hour of doing literally nothing. Why should you have to DC for playing well and backing survivors into a 3gen?

    I typically run Whispers. Again, I am not a great killer, but if you cannot find someone for 30 mins, seems like a faulty killer.

    Also, I do love slow paced games. I couldn't care less about maxing blood points or rank. This IS a game and when you don't enjoy it you better either switch up your play style or find a new game.

  • @DeadFreakWalkn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464887#Comment_1464887

    I typically run Whispers. Again, I am not a great killer, but if you cannot find someone for 30 mins, seems like a faulty killer.

    Also, I do love slow paced games. I couldn't care less about maxing blood points or rank. This IS a game and when you don't enjoy it you better either switch up your play style or find a new game.

    Doesnt change the fact its bannable because not everyone should run whispers just incase the survivors break the rules.

  • i dont think devs care about this, but thank you now at least you can open gates and lunch a timer.


    @vector said:

    So exit gates are open, all survs are alive, all survs are healthy.
    but i have no option to end game as killer
    why shoud i suffer for 10-15 minutes of their trolling/seacrhing? Its enourmus time, main phase of game requires less time than the stage which goes after. I have no chance to catch them, small chance to even find them, i have to just sit in alt tab and wait for mercy of survs.

    In addition i want say that often when 1-2 gen and 1-2 survs remain they literaly do not do anything but hide, how is that normal? why i have to run all over empty map for 20-40 minutes? There must be normal system of punishment for that/ system of notification surv`s location etc.


  • This content has been removed.
  • Just leaving my opinion here. No one is taking the game hostage. If the job of survs is to do gens and they didnt, same goes for the killer who doesnt go looking for the survs and decides to chill close to the last 3 gens. Both are dragging out that game for so long. I think you can expect games like this once in a while.

  • @T2K said:

    Just leaving my opinion here. No one is taking the game hostage. If the job of survs is to do gens and they didnt, same goes for the killer who doesnt go looking for the survs and decides to chill close to the last 3 gens. Both are dragging out that game for so long. I think you can expect games like this once in a while.

    The survivors jobs to do gens and they are refusing to and hiding forcing me to look and prolonge the match so They are

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466843#Comment_1466843

    The survivors jobs to do gens and they are refusing to and hiding forcing me to look and prolonge the match so They are

    So its ok that you want survivors to come straight up to you to do gens but its not ok for you to have to go searching for them?

    I mean you are literally forcing them to walk up to you, and they are forcing you to come searching for them. So where is that unfair? Both sides are stalling the game dude.

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466877#Comment_1466877

    So its ok that you want survivors to come straight up to you to do gens but its not ok for you to have to go searching for them?

    I mean you are literally forcing them to walk up to you, and they are forcing you to come searching for them. So where is that unfair? Both sides are stalling the game dude.

    Did you not read my note earlier? I left the gens for 3 minutes to look around the map and came back and there was still no progress on any of them. (With it being a 2 man swf it only takes 1 person 80 seconds to do a gen so 2 would take under a minute) they were stalling the game dude. Not me.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466889#Comment_1466889

    Did you not read my note earlier? I left the gens for 3 minutes to look around the map and came back and there was still no progress on any of them. (With it being a 2 man swf it only takes 1 person 80 seconds to do a gen so 2 would take under a minute) they were stalling the game dude. Not me.

    Yes you are right. They are stalling the game. I never said anything different. Still, it is not a hostage situation.

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466918#Comment_1466918

    Yes you are right. They are stalling the game. I never said anything different. Still, it is not a hostage situation.

    It is holding the game hostage.

    Screenshot_20200722-082152_Chrome.jpg

    Which i can prove with my video as obviously i kill one and the other escapes through hatch after the hour long game. Done with your bias they've stated it right there. Have a nice day :)

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459308#Comment_1459308

    I am not saying it is not a dirtbag move. I'm just saying it is part of the game.

    Same with tunneling ebonies, face camping LF, DS locker BS, Heal Tech at the gates and all that BS.

    It is the game we love, why whine about it? Search and destroy, is it harder, sure.

    But you can find them and kill them.

    You say it's a dirtbag move and name other things that are complete bullshit in this game and say you love the game.

    Why?

    It sounds like alot of poor game design to me with very little being done to rectify this fact.

    DBD can be fun, but face camping is not fun, hour long standoffs are not fun, tunneling is not fun, gen rush is not fun but it's part of the game people say. You sit in a long que only to play the game for 5 minutes before being face camped, gen rushed, or tunnled or stuck in an hour long or more game of chicken. So on top of not being fun these very same things waste your damn time. A good game respects the players time.

    Whenever this ######### happens after 4 ######### years it's like the devs are giving you the finger through your monitor.

    "Here is a mechanic that is not fun and wastes your time. We will not fix it this is just part of the game. Here is our newest DLC now pay us and ######### you."

    Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the devs are wonderful people, and I want to love this game. But these things prevent me from doing do. I take a break then come back and remember why i left. I could be playing something much more enjoyable.

  • @DeadFreakWalkn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464887#Comment_1464887

    I typically run Whispers. Again, I am not a great killer, but if you cannot find someone for 30 mins, seems like a faulty killer.

    Also, I do love slow paced games. I couldn't care less about maxing blood points or rank. This IS a game and when you don't enjoy it you better either switch up your play style or find a new game.

    You really must be dumb. If a survivor is playing with the intent to only hide and not progress the game, that survivor could go without being found for an extremely long time. The fact you can't see this is ridiculous.


    Even with whispers, if the survivors goal isn't to progress the game you'd better believe it wouldn't be that hard to avoid you.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466938#Comment_1466938

    It is holding the game hostage.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8J1ZB9VRN7CO/screenshot-20200722-082152-chrome.jpg

    Which i can prove with my video as obviously i kill one and the other escapes through hatch after the hour long game. Done with your bias they've stated it right there. Have a nice day :)

    Thank you for posting me Idk what. lol

    It is not holding the game hostage. and I will quote @Peanits from may 2019 : "... . We only consider it to be holding the game hostage when there is no possible way for the game to end."

    And that is clearly not the case.

    Also thank you for showing me your bias by pointing Fingers at me for being neutral and stay with facts.

    Have a nice day, too :)

  • @T2K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466958#Comment_1466958

    Thank you for posting me Idk what. lol

    It is not holding the game hostage. and I will quote @Peanits from may 2019 : "... . We only consider it to be holding the game hostage when there is no possible way for the game to end."

    And that is clearly not the case.

    Also thank you for showing me your bias by pointing Fingers at me for being neutral and stay with facts.

    Have a nice day, too :)

    Rizzo literally posted if survivors do nothing for a prolonged period of time they get punished because the game is held hostage. Its no different then me blocking 2 people in a corner. The others can still do gens and theyll die of egc so im not holding the game hostage am i? The game can still end cant it? These are just 2 acceptions.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459353#Comment_1459353

    You say it's a dirtbag move and name other things that are complete bullshit in this game and say you love the game.

    Why?

    It sounds like alot of poor game design to me with very little being done to rectify this fact.

    DBD can be fun, but face camping is not fun, hour long standoffs are not fun, tunneling is not fun, gen rush is not fun but it's part of the game people say. You sit in a long que only to play the game for 5 minutes before being face camped, gen rushed, or tunnled or stuck in an hour long or more game of chicken. So on top of not being fun these very same things waste your damn time. A good game respects the players time.

    Whenever this ######### happens after 4 ######### years it's like the devs are giving you the finger through your monitor.

    "Here is a mechanic that is not fun and wastes your time. We will not fix it this is just part of the game. Here is our newest DLC now pay us and ######### you."

    Dont get me wrong, I'm sure the devs are wonderful people, and I want to love this game. But these things prevent me from doing do. I take a break then come back and remember why i left. I could be playing something much more enjoyable.

    I love the game because I do. We as individuals can all have different views on things and what we enjoy. I enjoy the challenge of 4king at red ranks. And I enjoy swfing with my wife and daughters.

    I also don't play a lot of video games, in fact the last one was Dead Island on PS3. It takes a lot to get me into video games to begin with.

    Do I like all the play styles some people use, no. But I respect their right to do so. I used to rage about these things, now I just use it as an opportunity to get better.

    Very few things in life, if any, are perfect. But this game allows me to hang out and game with my family and friends, and presents a challenge, that I enjoy.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467029#Comment_1467029

    Rizzo literally posted if survivors do nothing for a prolonged period of time they get punished because the game is held hostage. Its no different then me blocking 2 people in a corner. The others can still do gens and theyll die of egc so im not holding the game hostage am i? The game can still end cant it? These are just 2 acceptions.

    Well I tried to look up what you posted, but couldnt find it as it is a closed thread. So I can only believe what you tell me.

    By fact and logic it is different. As I quoted, a hostage szenario is when there is no possibility to end the game or progress to the end. And regarding your match you had always the possibility to end the game (sooner or as in your case later) by finding them. So by definition it was not a hostage situation. There was always the possibility it progresses, and the fact that your game ended is further evidence. If you body block a survivor in a corner, there is no possibility the survivor can do anything but to stand there. You literally can do nothing in this case.

    I dont want to say you are wrong entirely, I just say by game rules and what is considered taking the game hostage as far as we know, its not the case here. The only thing that can help us out is a word from the devs or you reporting them and show us the result from your report, so that we have clarification in this matter.

    As for now we cant solve this problem. So no bad blood m8

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1466961#Comment_1466961

    I love the game because I do. We as individuals can all have different views on things and what we enjoy. I enjoy the challenge of 4king at red ranks. And I enjoy swfing with my wife and daughters.

    I also don't play a lot of video games, in fact the last one was Dead Island on PS3. It takes a lot to get me into video games to begin with.

    Do I like all the play styles some people use, no. But I respect their right to do so. I used to rage about these things, now I just use it as an opportunity to get better.

    Very few things in life, if any, are perfect. But this game allows me to hang out and game with my family and friends, and presents a challenge, that I enjoy.

    It's not a play style. It's abusing poor game design. Poor game design that has not been fixed for over 4 years. It is not fun, it does not respect your time. The game has moments of brilliant fun but those moments are not worth it when the majority of your time is sifting through the #########.

    If you dont play many games and still love this game you either need to play other games to gain some perspective on what a good game is like or you are a true masochist who enjoys the agony.

    DBD is not a challenge, it's a test in patience. How much of your time are you willing to throw away?

  • Interesting how game rules are now a matter of personal opinion. "The devs say hacking legacy skins is bannable, however I respectfully disagree."

  • @Aneurysm said:

    Interesting how game rules are now a matter of personal opinion. "The devs say hacking legacy skins is bannable, however I respectfully disagree."

    I personally just want @Peanits to answer if this is a thing or not i know it is but i cant find the post anymore and i guess people dont realize hiding for a hour refusing to be found is holding the game hostage. *shrug*

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467102#Comment_1467102

    It's not a play style. It's abusing poor game design. Poor game design that has not been fixed for over 4 years. It is not fun, it does not respect your time. The game has moments of brilliant fun but those moments are not worth it when the majority of your time is sifting through the #########.

    If you dont play many games and still love this game you either need to play other games to gain some perspective on what a good game is like or you are a true masochist who enjoys the agony.

    DBD is not a challenge, it's a test in patience. How much of your time are you willing to throw away?

    Dude, I am sorry you feel this way.

    But swfing with My wife and Daughters and having some Bourbon on a Friday night, all laughing and just having a fun time, is not a waste in my book.

    Also if it is as bad as you say, I don't want that perspective. I just enjoy the family time, and time with friends.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467129#Comment_1467129

    Dude, I am sorry you feel this way.

    But swfing with My wife and Daughters and having some Bourbon on a Friday night, all laughing and just having a fun time, is not a waste in my book.

    Also if it is as bad as you say, I don't want that perspective. I just enjoy the family time, and time with friends.

    SWF explains alot. Play by yourself or with just one other person and get ready to have an insufferable time. You have a fun time with the game and that's great. But that does not mean issues with the game should not be addressed. And there are many issues. Playing solo, waiting in que for 5 minutes, then getting face camped on hook is a miserable experience.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467129#Comment_1467129

    Dude, I am sorry you feel this way.

    But swfing with My wife and Daughters and having some Bourbon on a Friday night, all laughing and just having a fun time, is not a waste in my book.

    Also if it is as bad as you say, I don't want that perspective. I just enjoy the family time, and time with friends.

    SWF explains alot. Play solo or with just one other friend, wait in que for 5 minutes, then getting face camped is a miserable experience. I'm glad you have fun with the game but that does not change the fact that there are severe issues with the game that must be addressed. There is a fun game here, it's why I keep coming back even though it's usually short lived, but the severity of the issues at times outweigh that fun.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467219#Comment_1467219

    SWF explains alot. Play by yourself or with just one other person and get ready to have an insufferable time. You have a fun time with the game and that's great. But that does not mean issues with the game should not be addressed. And there are many issues. Playing solo, waiting in que for 5 minutes, then getting face camped on hook is a miserable experience.

    I have played a lot of solo and killer, but no doubt solo can be frustrating.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467219#Comment_1467219

    SWF explains alot. Play solo or with just one other friend, wait in que for 5 minutes, then getting face camped is a miserable experience. I'm glad you have fun with the game but that does not change the fact that there are severe issues with the game that must be addressed. There is a fun game here, it's why I keep coming back even though it's usually short lived, but the severity of the issues at times outweigh that fun.

    I hear you. I'm a solo player and there are definitely some issues here and there.

    So overall, how happy would YOU be if the game added a overall time limit per match? Say... Make it 20 or 30 mins. Long enough to build suspense but prevents survivors from doing nothing but hiding? This seems like it woild be a quick fix.

  • @DeadFreakWalkn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467350#Comment_1467350

    I hear you. I'm a solo player and there are definitely some issues here and there.

    So overall, how happy would YOU be if the game added a overall time limit per match? Say... Make it 20 or 30 mins. Long enough to build suspense but prevents survivors from doing nothing but hiding? This seems like it woild be a quick fix.

    I was thinking a time limit on how long gens can go without being touched. Like a 10 minute timer and if gens are not touched its instant sacrifice. Then a 25% increase for gen repairs if the killer camps, that or no BP for the sacrifice.

  • @DwightKrackers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459111#Comment_1459111

    Is this actually punishable though? I mean I totally get the frustration but . .

    The Killer can find and kill them so long as they are reachable. Not glitched into an inaccessible area.

    It's not the same as if a Killer continues to push survivors off a 3 gen, but refuses to continue chasing only to stay next to the 3 gens.

    I don't know whats right or wrong, just my two cents.

    Dev's ruling is if the survivors are not progressing their own objective nor letting the killer progress their own by hiding then the survivors are holding the game hostage.

    If said survivors were hiding doing getting some generator progress then hiding again when the killer came back then it wouldn't be holding the game hostage as they were trying to progress their own objective which wasn't the case in this instance.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467598#Comment_1467598

    I was thinking a time limit on how long gens can go without being touched. Like a 10 minute timer and if gens are not touched its instant sacrifice. Then a 25% increase for gen repairs if the killer camps, that or no BP for the sacrifice.

    That would be interesting, but I feel like this would quickly end up with the same issue. If survivors could just touch a gen for 1 second to then gain another 10 mins of hiding... I feel like people wouldn't be satisfied with that... I do like the counter if killers are camping, but I think the community wouldn't agree with what is defined as camping... Dunno!

  • This content has been removed.
  • @T2K said:

    Just leaving my opinion here. No one is taking the game hostage. If the job of survs is to do gens and they didnt, same goes for the killer who doesnt go looking for the survs and decides to chill close to the last 3 gens. Both are dragging out that game for so long. I think you can expect games like this once in a while.

    so it the hatch stand of all over again remember tho.....

  • How many calories did you burn?

    In all seriousness, if the situation turns to that, you need to end the game. Them being stubborn doesn't mean your stubbornness isn't equally at fault. This is a known troublesome part of playing against Freddy, and survivors honestly can't do jack all against it(believe me a friend and I tried for 15 minutes before finally just sacrificing ourselves).

    See the thing is that in a 3 gen situation most killers don't commit to a chase, no they believe a 4k is deserved right then and there. That survivors are just delaying the inevitable. The reality is that you need to still put in the effort of chasing one and finding the other. The game isn't over, but you're being stubborn by refusing to commit to a chase, or even baiting them to a generator.

    Remember, the game isn't over until the post game stats, don't assume you deserve a kill just because the game is in your favor.


    And yes this goes for survivors too, but you control the end game in this scenario so you have the obligation to either end it or enjoy being able to do nothing for an hour and ten minutes.

  • @DeadFreakWalkn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467350#Comment_1467350

    I hear you. I'm a solo player and there are definitely some issues here and there.

    So overall, how happy would YOU be if the game added a overall time limit per match? Say... Make it 20 or 30 mins. Long enough to build suspense but prevents survivors from doing nothing but hiding? This seems like it woild be a quick fix.

    I like the idea of a time limit. I hate games that go on longer than 20 minutes because it's just not worth it by then. I usually make most of my points in 10 minutes.

  • @Terra92 said:

    How many calories did you burn?

    In all seriousness, if the situation turns to that, you need to end the game. Them being stubborn doesn't mean your stubbornness isn't equally at fault. This is a known troublesome part of playing against Freddy, and survivors honestly can't do jack all against it(believe me a friend and I tried for 15 minutes before finally just sacrificing ourselves).

    See the thing is that in a 3 gen situation most killers don't commit to a chase, no they believe a 4k is deserved right then and there. That survivors are just delaying the inevitable. The reality is that you need to still put in the effort of chasing one and finding the other. The game isn't over, but you're being stubborn by refusing to commit to a chase, or even baiting them to a generator.

    Remember, the game isn't over until the post game stats, don't assume you deserve a kill just because the game is in your favor.

    And yes this goes for survivors too, but you control the end game in this scenario so you have the obligation to either end it or enjoy being able to do nothing for an hour and ten minutes.

    I literally left the 3 gen for 3-4 minutes to let them get out of it (since i just wanted the game to be over) came back to check and nope no progress. So they had no intention of doing gens they just wanted me to dc. So yeah what they were doing was holding the game hostage. Its also pretty hard to find a spinechill claudette on backwater swamp.

  • @DeadFreakWalkn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1467747#Comment_1467747

    That would be interesting, but I feel like this would quickly end up with the same issue. If survivors could just touch a gen for 1 second to then gain another 10 mins of hiding... I feel like people wouldn't be satisfied with that... I do like the counter if killers are camping, but I think the community wouldn't agree with what is defined as camping... Dunno!

    They would still have to come out of hiding though to touch a gen and that gives the killer an opportunity so hopefully people would just try and do the gens instead of hiding. Maybe a time limit would be better, we will never know until the devs actually try something.

    And I would consider camping as staying within 5m or so from the hook for an extended period of time without being in a chase. I think that's reasonable.

  • I'm probably gonna regret writing this as I play killer mostly, but then again most people have probably stopped paying attention to comments after page 3, so:

    The strategy to beat a 3 gen situation:

    1. With 2 or more survivors, simply split up and work on gens separately. Albeit this is more difficult with only 2 survivors, but still possible as long as you are confident in your ability to lead the killer a decent distance away from the generators, and focus on the 2 gens that are furthest away from each other.
    2. When the killer comes for you, run with intent to lead the killer as far away from the gens as possible. Dont hang around a loop them, and always try to get an early start.
    3. If you are downed during your chase, the killer has to waste time hooking you or leave you on the ground to recover, either way the killer loses precious time while your teammate(s) make progress on their gen(s).
    4. The killer can't cover all gens at once, not even Doc, so If they chase you, realize you are leading them too far from the gens, and break chase to go back to them, all you have to do is cautiously follow them back to the gen you were working on. In all likelyhood, they'll either spot you and start pursuit again, or they'll go after your teammate(s) giving you time to continue making progress on your gen.
    5. if injured or downed during your chase away from the gen but not hooked, Recover/Heal with a medkit/perk, or meet up with your teammate(s) after they get chased away from the gens and heal before returning to yours to continue repairs.
    6. Never lead the killer to your teammates.
    7. Instant down, and high mobility killers are a bit trickier to deal with than the standard killers, but the same principle applies... If they are chasing your teammate, pound away at the gen; if they are chasing you, do your best to lead them as far from the gens as possible.
    8. Unless there are 4 survivors, never double up on a gen, no matter how close it is to being finished. A good killer will quickly injure both survivors, pursue and down one, then return to down the other. With everyone working on gens separately, the killer can only pursue and try to down 1 survivor at a time, giving the other survivor(s) progress.
    9. The stealth approach will drive a killer nuts. If you are good at keeping out of the killers line of sight, they will spend a long time searching around a gen trying to find you before they either do so and you lead them on a chase away from the gens, or they don't find you and give up their search to go stop your teammate(s) from completing their gen(s). Time is always against the killer, and this strategy really puts the pressure on them to try and down survivors as quickly as possible, which very few killers can pull off.
    10. if there are 4 survivors left, the 4th's job is to either distract the killer, or keep rotating to the gen being worked on by a teammate that is furthest from the killers current position.
    11. If a survivor is put on their 2nd hook, and you know you can finish the gen AND have time to rescue them, finish the gen.
    12. This strategy works best with 3 or more survivors, but 2 survivors can still pull it off. However, If there's only 2 survivors, and one dies, it's the other's obligation to seek out the hatch asap. Before splitting up to work on the gens in the first place, prior knowledge of the hatches location is very important.
    13. Sacrifices are mostly inevitable, so you may find yourself taking one for the team. The sooner you accept that, the better this strategy works. I'm not saying you shouldn't be cautious, I'm just saying that once you realize that you've put yourself in a 3 gen situation, at least 1 survivor may need to die in order for the others to escape. Accepting that is important in order to take on this bold but effective strategy.

    As a killer, Every time I've gone up against a team that uses this (surprisingly rare) strategy, someone always escapes. If its against 3 or more, the majority escape most of the time, if its against only 2, then 1 of them escapes. Either way, its a simple strategy that solo's should take advantage of, and SWF's should flaunt. The only way I have ever come close to beating this counter strategy is to start slugging, but even that is rarely successful. It actually baffles me how often I end up in a 3 gen situation, and the survivors (even with a full team) will either try to all focus down 1 gen or won't even approach the gens, much less employ this strategy, and because of that I end up winning most 3 gen situations, which is a shame because it's not a difficult strategy to use, and it flat out works.


    OP, your situation sucks, and you should definitely report them for holding the game hostage because as long as there were at least 2 of them, they could've pulled off this strategy in an attempt to win, and it would've been even more effective for them since they were SWF and on voice comms with each other. They literally had no excuse to avoid doing their objectives, and must have made the toxic call to hold the game hostage in an attempt to get you to DC. Our community could do with less people like them.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468730#Comment_1468730

    I literally left the 3 gen for 3-4 minutes to let them get out of it (since i just wanted the game to be over) came back to check and nope no progress. So they had no intention of doing gens they just wanted me to dc. So yeah what they were doing was holding the game hostage. Its also pretty hard to find a spinechill claudette on backwater swamp.

    That genuinely sucks, but I mean honestly unless they were running around checking for you, there's no way they could have known you went afk. I don't want to give you the benefit of the doubt but I honestly don't know the whole story, just your side of it.

1 2 3 4 ›