About the recent Scott video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXjeXJiIzEA

Now, I am not one of those guys that likes to take at heart whatever some random DBD personality says, but this is worrying to say the least. Specially the whole "the most broken sounds have been" part

For those who don't want to see the video, I will resume his points

  • The new map is horrible, basically Haddonfield 2.0, traversing is a pain in the ass and it will be especially horrible against coordinated teams with OoO
  • Pyramid head is not really engaging (I disagree with him in that part, but its important to take into account)
  • SOUNDS ARE THE MOST BUGGED THEY HAVE EVER BEEN
    • No sound on the ground bug was not fixed, they lied in the patch notes.
    • Iron will at random
    • No footsteps sounds at all (except on grim pantry) (provided video evidence)
    • No sound when falling off great heights (provided video evidence)

I could care less about the first points, I am enjoying the new map and I am enjoying the new killer as well, but the sound bugs are really worrying.

@Peanits @PatBrutal Just mentioning you so you are aware of the new sound bugs, in case you weren't.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Nurse is one of the killers that exceeds at the map.

    But that's it...he has a good point. You have to traverse 3 or 4 rooms to get upstairs, or take the stairs. I've had to do this several times yesterday and I lost 2 gens that way.

    Pyramid Head does need buffs. I've been playing him since release and well....his Range power is completely useless.

    If you think his range power is usless you arent using right.

  • @ytduh said:

    another twitch edition? nowdays any community having this type of transmitting

    your master not pleased with dlc so you pumping out and tagging devs

    i don't think one avobe average player's opinion matters much in this forum

    unless they watching his twitch and thinking deep into it

    Sounds not working isn’t his OPINION, watch the video he runs on the ass of two different survivors and neither of them make any noise whatsoever. No breathing, no footsteps, no falling noise.

    Explain to me how total lack of noise is an opinion he formed, it’s a FACT with video evidence.

  • Huh, I thought I was going crazy with how I couldn't hear Survivors with no real consistency. Guess it wasn't just me.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362114#Comment_1362114

    Nurse is awful on the map, what are you talking about? You can't even Blink down certain hallways because there are random Deadzones.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZrRHxmFEA

    Yeah haha, I tried exactly that with Nurse, and had the same results.

    With every new patch they basically hold up a giant sign saying "DONT EVER DARE PLAY NURSE AGAIN! SHES DEAD!"

  • I think the new map is fine. I would add a couple more obstacles to hide behind on the long corridors but that's it. Maybe have pipes on the ceiling leading to the nearest stairs.

    I just think people are whinging about having to get used with the new map which I find lazy.

    I haven't noticed any of these bugs so I wonder if it's exclusively a PC issue. I have noticed a big improvement in sound on Xbox.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362114#Comment_1362114

    Nurse is awful on the map, what are you talking about? You can't even Blink down certain hallways because there are random Deadzones.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZrRHxmFEA

    Jesus.. did they even test the map with every killer before release?

  • @lucid4444 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363411#Comment_1363411

    Jesus.. did they even test the map with every killer before release?

    As a retired Nurse main, if a new map ever works perfectly with Nurse I will eat a sock.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    Heres an example of the map being hot garbage- You are on a gen on 1st floor and someone is hooked across the map on 2nd floor:

    Survivor POV: Potentially have to cross half the map to get to the stairs in order to cross half the length of the map again to get to the hook.

    Killer POV: Same thing but to reach where Survivors were on BBQ

    add this with Scott's points about the map and it just makes it feel even worse for both sides.

    That map is really bad.

  • The map is garbage because of how survivors can simply hold W and it takes the killers ages to catch up, and in the flip side, once the killer does catch up there are hardly and decent loops on the whole map. It also suffers from the same issue as haddonfield where you have great walls of China where the only option is to hold W up to catch up or leave them entirely.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Nurse is one of the killers that exceeds at the map.

    But that's it...he has a good point. You have to traverse 3 or 4 rooms to get upstairs, or take the stairs. I've had to do this several times yesterday and I lost 2 gens that way.

    Pyramid Head does need buffs. I've been playing him since release and well....his Range power is completely useless.

    Well I didn't had problems with the map as killer.

  • @remoirel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362429#Comment_1362429

    Hag and Pig are boring because of how people choose to play them. 10 trap at hook Hag or Tunnel the trap Pig.

    Huntress became worse to play against with Servers due to the fact that you get smacked by a hatchet around a corner.

    Clown... meh, he's not that bad but being barely able to see anything cos he double gasses u at a loop is an eyesore

    Legion is fine tbh unless you're one of these 4 slowdown + mending add ons players

    Freddy has an overloaded kit god knows how it got past testing.

    Oni equals Slugging and being Slugged on the floor not being able to participate in any gameplay IS boring, you don't play videogames to do nothing.

    Ghostface just turn off your redstain at a loop for easy hits :) Can look at him long enough for him to expose you but you don't reveal him cos crap mechanic

    Spirit, Deathslinger and Pyramid Head have little to no counterplay with their power. Spirit is self explanitory, Deathslinger can ADS instantly and Pyramid Head can remove pallets and windows with his power, the thing Survivors rely on in chases. Take it, you get range hit, fake it, he m1's you cos no penalty for cancelling.

    You can have your own opinions on whats fun and whats not but i agree with both of them. They're killer mains that want a Survivor to have just as much fun AGAINST them as they are playing a killer.

    Hag and Pig are not boring killers themselves but the way SOME people play them is annoying and boring as you stated. Trap tunnel Pig and 10 traps at the hook Hag is extremely tedious but it doesn’t make the killer boring but the players play-style boring. I’ve gotten a lot of very nice messages on the way I play Hag and a lot of nice replies on Pig because people love Pig for some reason. The actual killer is not boring.

    ANY killer can be boring if the player chooses to play in a specific way but if you give any killer a chance and the person playing killer is not completely sweaty then the round can at least be enjoyable.

    Yes I want the survivors to have fun in my matches but I’m not gonna cherry pick between killers and only choose between the killers people deem “fun”.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363910#Comment_1363910

    You clearly don’t know what the word “simp” means.

    The map is garbage because of how survivors can simply hold W and it takes the killers ages to catch up, and in the flip side, once the killer does catch up there are hardly and decent loops on the whole map. It also suffers from the same issue as haddonfield where you have great walls of China where the only option is to hold W up to catch up or leave them entirely.

    if anyone is simping, it’s you

    OoO is going to be absolute hell on Midwich.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362114#Comment_1362114

    I do like the new map, but it is a little bit of a pain only having 2 main staircases and the secret one in the bathrooms. I guess the license restricted them in altering how floors can be traversed perhaps?

    Except you are forgetting the library stair. So there's 4 stairs total, 1 for killer to open.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362114#Comment_1362114

    Nurse is awful on the map, what are you talking about? You can't even Blink down certain hallways because there are random Deadzones.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmZrRHxmFEA

    @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362546#Comment_1362546

    I haven't tried her, but since the PTB I knew she was going to be great at it.

    I need to try her out on the new map.

    Yeah, I stated this already.

  • @quickreview said:

    Please dev make the sound louder, poor killers have to actually look for survivors to find them.

    Instead ignore fixing camping and hitbox, ghey have been asked by survivors only 4 years.

    <3

  • @quickreview said:

    Please dev make the sound louder, poor killers have to actually look for survivors to find them.

    Instead ignore fixing camping and hitbox, ghey have been asked by survivors only 4 years.

    Not louder, actually make some sound. Did you even watch the clips? He is literally running on Bill's ass and there is NO FOOTSTEPS.

  • @quickreview said:

    Please dev make the sound louder, poor killers have to actually look for survivors to find them.

    Instead ignore fixing camping and hitbox, ghey have been asked by survivors only 4 years.

    "Please devs make the sound work, poor killers are being handicapped by playing the game deaf."

    Fixed it for you.

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1362240#Comment_1362240

    Temple of Purgation has that issue with underground gen. I was standing directly above it and no sound then I move a few inches, 90%

    Ive had gens make no noise WHILE I'm working on them, lol.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363411#Comment_1363411

    Yeah haha, I tried exactly that with Nurse, and had the same results.

    With every new patch they basically hold up a giant sign saying "DONT EVER DARE PLAY NURSE AGAIN! SHES DEAD!"

    And you always have ppl wondering why ppl jump on the PTB and try out older killers. Its to make sure they arnt broken, lol.

  • @quickreview said:

    Poor killers, they are so disadvantaged :(

    They just got the Nth killer-sided patch but they complain about sound lol.

    You have 200 wallhack perks (legion has it baseline) why u need sound when u can spot survs across walls lol

    <3

  • @quickreview said:

    Poor killers, they are so disadvantaged :(

    They just got the Nth killer-sided patch but they complain about sound lol.

    You have 200 wallhack perks (legion has it baseline) why u need sound when u can spot survs across walls lol

    Survivor main I'd guess, if you knew something about playing as a killer you would know that audio is just as important as seeing survivors, I guess it's fine, get your free iron will, free balance landing without the boost, and your free ninja mode where you don't make a running noise.

    But that is a new account so I guess you either got your main one banned/you made another one to "troll" or you are the type of person who believes survivors are still weaker

  • Completely agree with him. The new map visually, as per usual, is incredible. All the hidden easter eggs too are amazing. But gameplay wise? Nope, it's awful for literally both sides as he stated. As for Pyramid Head, I also agree he feels very janky to use. He has like a 3-4 second cooldown after his punishment of the damned attack, his torment is easily avoidable just by crouching through and also can't be put around/next to generators or the exit gates, sometimes it'll look like the punishment should hit but just doesn't, and caging completely negates so many perks for both sides. I've said this since the PTB that I feel the killer was overhyped and i'm yet to change my mind. We're given average/bad killer perks once again and of course there's two survivor perks (Soul Guard and Repressed Alliance) which seem good/great. Amazing concept for a chapter but I feel overall it's been executed somewhat poorly. And of course yeah, the sound bugs I didn't even realize were THAT bad.

  • I’m surprised devs haven’t jumped on this yet....

    The video is one huge “You’ve f***ed up and here’s the proof”

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    I’m surprised devs haven’t jumped on this yet....

    The video is one huge “You’ve f***ed up and here’s the proof”

    Im sure theyve seen it

  • And yet to my knowledge they haven't acknowledged it.

  • Acknowledge, say they’re aware and they’re working on it... that is the usually BHVR way

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365094#Comment_1365094

    Acknowledge, say they’re aware and they’re working on it... that is the usually BHVR way

    I meant publicly acknowledged it. As in, release a statement along the lines of: "Hey, we're aware of the audio bugs. Terribly sorry about that. We'll get this fixed very quickly."

  • well to add to the bug, traps with hag sometime don't trigger at all, some survivor i hit don't get speed boost for a second but that might be a lag problem, not tag name and overall graphic bug even in game.


    the sound is horrible, iron will and then when you go far you hear them normally, dying on the ground without grunt of pain ect ect..

    the new map suck btw, maybe nurse player will have fun with it, the design is awesome tho.

    what a mess what happen with the patch.

  • @Aldofer said:

    well to add to the bug, traps with hag sometime don't trigger at all, some survivor i hit don't get speed boost for a second but that might be a lag problem, not tag name and overall graphic bug even in game.

    the sound is horrible, iron will and then when you go far you hear them normally, dying on the ground without grunt of pain ect ect..

    the new map suck btw, maybe nurse player will have fun with it, the design is awesome tho.

    what a mess what happen with the patch.

    Why does everyone say Nurse is good on the new map? Because she isnt. Half of the map is a blink deadzone, and the basement is pointing inwards, meaning a tiny little mistake (easy on these ######### servers) puts you in the cellar. Its an absolute nightmare.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365644#Comment_1365644

    Why does everyone say Nurse is good on the new map? Because she isnt. Half of the map is a blink deadzone, and the basement is pointing inwards, meaning a tiny little mistake (easy on these ######### servers) puts you in the cellar. Its an absolute nightmare.

    i don'tb play bugged killer so i wouldn't know but beceause it's an indoor map i thougth it could be fun for her, guess she has no luck

    Edit, just saw the video My fcking god

  • I thought you were talking about Scott the Woz lol

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365644#Comment_1365644

    Why does everyone say Nurse is good on the new map? Because she isnt. Half of the map is a blink deadzone, and the basement is pointing inwards, meaning a tiny little mistake (easy on these ######### servers) puts you in the cellar. Its an absolute nightmare.

    I've only really experienced that when I'm directly above the stairs and I'm trying to get to the first floor, as you have to play the new map like it's The Game (don't ever think of blinking downwards). The only places I view as a deadzone are the hallways with goop, and the corner of the courtyard with two pallets (Because no).

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365154#Comment_1365154

    I meant publicly acknowledged it. As in, release a statement along the lines of: "Hey, we're aware of the audio bugs. Terribly sorry about that. We'll get this fixed very quickly."

    That’s what I mean, even when they do acknowledge it they won’t give any time they’ll just say they are aware it’s beyond frustrating

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Nurse is one of the killers that exceeds at the map.

    But that's it...he has a good point. You have to traverse 3 or 4 rooms to get upstairs, or take the stairs. I've had to do this several times yesterday and I lost 2 gens that way.

    Pyramid Head does need buffs. I've been playing him since release and well....his Range power is completely useless.

    I disagree. I've been playing PH since he got released and I find his ranged attack very effective. It did take me a bit to get used to it. The first couple of games I played with PH I got brutally destroyed and had no idea what I was doing on the new nap. I got lost I got looped it was a pain in the ass. But as I got used to it, it got easier. The maps not that confusing you just gotta get used to it. It's only been out for 3 days.

    Then again I don't think haddonfeild is that bad either ( I main killer) and I usually have trouble on the game map, which most killer mains love. Y'all just gotta give it time instead of hating on it the moment it comes out. It's a new nap and a new killer with new mechanics. Ya just gotta come up with some new strategies.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363245#Comment_1363245

    Well they can facecamp the cages apparently so the survivor can't be saved. The other thing is if the killer is near a survivor who has just been caged then they can quite easily just down them and hook them immediately.

    I hope they stop otherwise the devs will allow Survivor perks on cages while the Killer doesn't get any. It'd take away the risk/reward factor for the Torment ability.

  • @OniKobayashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363254#Comment_1363254

    I hope they stop otherwise the devs will allow Survivor perks on cages while the Killer doesn't get any. It'd take away the risk/reward factor for the Torment ability.

    No that would be too strong. I think the best solution is to hide the auras of cages from the killer. They roughly know where the survivor should spawn but those few extra seconds should give survivors enough time to get their teammate.

    Otherwise I don't think they can do much. Personally I feel like he was a bit rushed out.

  • It almost seems like devs aren’t listening though

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    It almost seems like devs aren’t listening though

    They aren’t because they obviously think they know better than everyone else, and there are enough yes men in the forums to keep them thinking that way.

    The killer - survivor divide has kept all of us from being able to enjoy the game at the level it should be at. It’s like political parties fighting each other, Noone really wins except the government

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1363617#Comment_1363617

    As a retired Nurse main, if a new map ever works perfectly with Nurse I will eat a sock.

    I agree, they don't care about nurse. She is the red headed stepchild of DBD.

  • Grunting from falling is bugged?

    They played everytime i was nearby as Killer yesterday, even found a Survivor once who vaulted into the courtyard of the new map.

    Can't prove it though.

  • @Boss said:

    Grunting from falling is bugged?

    They played everytime i was nearby as Killer yesterday, even found a Survivor once who vaulted into the courtyard of the new map.

    Can't prove it though.

    A bug doesn’t mean it happened every time. So yes you can hear them for whole

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1367093#Comment_1367093

    A bug doesn’t mean it happened every time. So yes you can hear them for whole

    Well yeah, that's just not how it was stated.

    Or at least that wasn't clear.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1365486#Comment_1365486

    That’s what I mean, even when they do acknowledge it they won’t give any time they’ll just say they are aware it’s beyond frustrating

    Oh yeah, that's a typical BHVR response. Very out of touch with the community.

  • Shameless self bump because devs seem to be active right now and I really need them to see this.

1 2 ›