Are survivors mainly children/teenagers?
Note:I've started playing DBD on PC from PS4 so hardly have any perks.
I found the number of comments end game about NoED amazing!!!
Why are they singing from the same hymn sheet?
Is there some streamers who tell them to complain to nerf Nurse, Spirit, Hex Ruin, any killer/killer perk upon/pre release etc?
The reason I write this is that I had 3 SWFs playing Bill, all wearing the same costmetics etc.
I can only think they were children as they were complaining my traps were near each other and NoED (which had no effect on the game as they cleaned it when active).
Instead I dealt with a SWF on comms, meta BT and DH, of course Unbreakable & DS and wait for it a key.
One simply followed me disabling my traps and I have to think to myself, why on earth were they complaining about NoED? Could it just be streamer(s) telling them what is unfair while they are off school?
The mind boggles after what they were attempting
Comments
As far as old school killers are concerned...it is a crutch perk and not respected.
I know the views have changed a bit, newer killers don't see it that way. They see it as a end game saver and just state " do bones", but forget it wasn't originally a hex perk.
To survivors, it just feels cheap. Like to a killer that gets hit with BT save into the DS stun as survivor runs out the door. Just doesn't seem earned.
I've been playing long before it was a hex perk, and I never thought it was that good honestly. Old NOED the play was "everyone hides for two minutes" and that was extremely boring, so I didn't take it. Now it's a hex, and while no one does bones unless there's an archives challenge, it's still a perk that does nothing for 95% of the game.
That being said there's nothing wrong with using it. Both sides are fully in their rights to bring everything that they want to try to win. A removable oneshot generator is a lot less oppressive than a lot of other options on both sides imo.
Yes, a lot of players in general are young, and probably even more on ps4 because it's ps4. Another reason I don't really let "toxic" in-game actions get to me, because there's a decent chance the clicky Nea/facecamping Bubba is literally a 10 year old and I'm too old to be getting riled by some gen Z's
saw a recent poll, zoomers outnumber rest
I'm pretty sure he's talking about PC crowd being young. He switched from PS4 to PC. On PC he has few perks which is why he used NOED. PC has endgame chat so now he's seeing commentary that he may not have on PS4 because it's not as convenient.
Initially I thought you were asking if the actual survivors in the game were children/teenagers based off their age in the notion of lore, so to answer that they're at least over the age of 18 (although Nancy is an exception).
However, if we're getting psychological then I guess. The average human doesn't fully mature until the age of 25, meaning that if people are getting angry at you or your play style on a video game it's either A. they're either young children who are very competitive or B. they're teenagers who are still slowly maturing and taking the game seriously. They'll most likely lash out in the post-game chat if they lose because to them it's all about winning.
I wouldn't worry, in a few years they'll fully mature and won't take the game as seriously.
There's a reason gamers get a bad rap - it's due to how immature many act when they should be adults. Many use the anonymity to trash others for petty reasons because they are sore winners/losers. Even some streamers that are technically adults act like children while playing, especially when they throw fits complaining how unfair something was. 😂
Wouldn't surprise me, some are mature whilst others copy their hero streamers t-bagging etc
I am also all for an individual to play how they want. I'm not judging a person's style or tactics. Either way you get gg from me.
I was just explaining why it is often not well received. If you played in the old school games, then you must remember when it was killers that stated "Noed is a noob perk, git gud!"
That just stays with me and has shaped my own prerogative to not use the perk.
By all means play however one wants.
The killer ran 3 perks the whole match though. He handicapped himself. Plus, as you stated, its easily countered by doing bones.
Crutch perk or not, without it there's often no other way for a killer to stop a survivor from running halfway across a map to an open exit. NOED at least forces players to keep making smart plays rather than ending the game with a mindless bum rush.
Hell, most survivor complaints seem to revolve around not giving them freebies. Killers should start making idiotic complaints right back at them, like "You kept fixing gens I kicked!"
This is probably the best explanation of why so many people dislike Noed that I've ever seen.
@LordRegal I personally cleanse every totem I find. Unfortunately they can be hard to find sometimes. Especially on new maps. Which is why Detective's Hunch is a God send.
Im a teenager but majority of people i have swfed with have been adults
Possibly. This is why I don't SWF. I'm 31 years old and I don't want to deal with thin voices screaming how they window teched than 360ed into a locker than headoned the killer then chain blinded him 38 times as moon walking while I'm doing a boring gen on the game's bathroom, the most depressing place in DBD. ((this is my personal previous experiences, may not be a good representation of the whole community))
I did the bones. I still got hit by this dumb perk because a killer can't actually complete a chase normally.
Maybe if the killer ran a perk that worked all game, then they wouldn't have to lean on a badly designed crutch. I could also say a similar thing about killers who use Corrupt Intervention playing with only 3 perks, but people praise that one.
Or how about a survivor's comparison? Adrenaline, perhaps? I spend all game with three perks for a small, temporary boost. It lasts for THREE SECONDS, doesn't guarantee anything and you know when it's been activated. It's not hidden like NoED.
Adrenaline also requires that the survivor either completes their objective or lasts long enough for the endgame to start, while NoED says "lose badly, but be lucky that survivors aren't lucky or are idiots" and you almost get handed free kills, or you're in such a dominant state that there is literally no need for the perk. I hate both perks, but at least Adrenaline rewards the user for doing something right.
Noed doesnt do much at end game except get you 1 kill unless the survivors are incredibly stupid or tge killer is incredibly lucky.
So NOED eesentially requires you to play the game with 3 perks and then at the end youre probably only getting 1 kill MAYBE 2. Thats why its a bad perk. Youre only rewarded by noed if you killed 2 people during the match and the other 2 finish the last gen. Then it puts you in a really good spot to get the last 2, which isnt a crutch because you played the whole game with omly 3 perks.
I dont ever run noed, at least not regularly, but i do run adrenaline ALOT. Its not about tge speed boost, thats nice, but its about the health state you get. Its clutch and has helped me escape more than once. I played tge whole match with 3 perks and am still alive, so yeah i earned that health state.
The only perk in this game that is legit broken is OoO. Everything else is just people bitching because they want the game easier for them
There are a ton of manchildren in this game.
btw, this is derailing into a NOED discussion.
Survivors: It's so dumb that NOED gives a killer a reward after failing an objective!
Also Survivors: I only run Decisive Strike, Unbreakable, and Borrowed Time, as all true men of culture do.
All threads do, sooner or later
It's good to know that the immature play style is usually kids trying to copy their steamer.
I had one survivor today who just jumped in and out of lockers. I ignored him until I considered it time to deal with him and hooked them quickly.
Afterwards they complained about their teammates and how they put a pallet on the killers head... the kid must have not touched a generator.
Maybe?
I dunno. The last time my bf and I sent a message to a new Killer on PS4, telling them we could give them some pointers, we received "don't message my 11 year old daughter" as a reply. lmao We asked them why tf their 11 yo daughter was playing an 'M' rated game and playing as the KILLER.
Haven't messaged anyone since because fuuuuuuuuuk that. I just assume everyone else is a child now.
lol that made me spill my drink I used to play this one game after I read reviews and came across one of this girl who pretended to be her grandma sending staff a letter saying her granddaughter is dying and threatened the games staff that she gets sent 10000+ vampire teeth or else she’ll have her friend who’s in the army send bombs to the games headquarters.She got banned instantly😂.