Sexual Orientation

I for one would be fine with them adding in a lgbtq+ character into the game or changing the lore for someone as it hasn’t been mentioned before.

The only romance we have is Wraith and Nurse with cosmetics that i don’t think are canon. Frank and Julie confirmed by the lore. And kinda nancy and steve that are exes.

Honestly if a character became gay it would firstly become more diverse and have better representation, and the gaming community lacks this.


One game that has achieved this well is Overwatch two characters are Gay, Tracer and Soilder 76. This really didn’t change anything about either of the characters and the community didn’t show any negative effects on this. It was just a fact about them.

I don’t understand why people are getting so mad over this fact. It’s a fictional character. They wouldn’t love you before.


So in conclusion I’m not gonna complain if we get a bit in the lore about someone’s ex or if we get an entirely new survivor for this either way I don’t care.

Comments

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    But do people need a lgbtq character to show that they are that? I use a girl character, it doesn't mean that I want to be a girl.

    Like people can just play any character and assume their role by the player, if they want to use Dwight and make him gay there is nothing wrong with that, if they want to be a Kate and make her a lesb there is also nothing wrong with that.

    And Steve deserves better than Nancy and her "bULlsHIt"

    Just an opinion, I can be wrong

    You right about Steve and Nancy especially season 3 nancy

  • @Straiden said:

    First, who is actually paying attention to the backstory of the meat bags we hang on hooks? I know the generic crap, like Claudette liked plants and chemistry, Jake was living in the woods, I think Feng was a gamer. You either like their aesthetics or you did not. I mostly play killer and could not care less if it was a stick figure as long as the power fits my play style.

    This is a survivor horror game, not an RPG. Give my characters back stories in a story-driven game. I won't care if they are straight, gay or somewhere undiscovered in their sexuality if the character is well written. This is NOT a story-driven game though. Leave sexuality and politics out of it and lets focus on fixing the broken aspects of the game instead. Don't dedicate those little brain cells into figuring out if Meg is hot on Feng or David King. Who cares?! We just want to hit them with the Doc's spiked rod and throw them on a hook, no matter what.

    The world is going insane....

    So you think the people who write the lore are the ones who fix bugs?

  • @Straiden said:

    First, who is actually paying attention to the backstory of the meat bags we hang on hooks? I know the generic crap, like Claudette liked plants and chemistry, Jake was living in the woods, I think Feng was a gamer. You either like their aesthetics or you did not. I mostly play killer and could not care less if it was a stick figure as long as the power fits my play style.

    This is a survivor horror game, not an RPG. Give my characters back stories in a story-driven game. I won't care if they are straight, gay or somewhere undiscovered in their sexuality if the character is well written. This is NOT a story-driven game though. Leave sexuality and politics out of it and lets focus on fixing the broken aspects of the game instead. Don't dedicate those little brain cells into figuring out if Meg is hot on Feng or David King. Who cares?! We just want to hit them with the Doc's spiked rod and throw them on a hook, no matter what.

    The world is going insane....

    And what if I want some front to back and back to front action seeing David and William together 😏.

  • @Straiden said:

    First, who is actually paying attention to the backstory of the meat bags we hang on hooks? I know the generic crap, like Claudette liked plants and chemistry, Jake was living in the woods, I think Feng was a gamer. You either like their aesthetics or you did not. I mostly play killer and could not care less if it was a stick figure as long as the power fits my play style.

    This is a survivor horror game, not an RPG. Give my characters back stories in a story-driven game. I won't care if they are straight, gay or somewhere undiscovered in their sexuality if the character is well written. This is NOT a story-driven game though. Leave sexuality and politics out of it and lets focus on fixing the broken aspects of the game instead. Don't dedicate those little brain cells into figuring out if Meg is hot on Feng or David King. Who cares?! We just want to hit them with the Doc's spiked rod and throw them on a hook, no matter what.

    The world is going insane....

    I think it's hilarious that you think that people who are in charge of designing and creating lore that people who are coating bugs it's about a stupid as the cosmetic argument.

    The art and design team and the 3D model team have no bearing on how the Legion gameplay works.

    That's like going into a law firm and asking the cleaner to help you with your Murder Trial because they happen to work in the same building.

    Also if you care so little about what sexual interests of survivors or killers have why is it factor to you.

    I have a friend who doesn't give two craps about when the archives came out he only did it for bloodpoints outside of that he didn't even go go and actually read or listen to the tomes once why because the lore doesn't bother him.


    It's funny because people who actually just care about the gameplay and don't care about anything else will just continue to play the game and not care about whatever lore is brought up about the characters people who do care like you will make a massive stink about it.

  • @Straiden said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1349761#Comment_1349761

    I'm sure you can find some fan art out there showing that. lol

    I couldn’t help myself I was trying to break the heat off from the thread😀.

  • @HealsBadMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347434#Comment_1347434

    OW lore has always been written badly- their old lead writer retconned lore more often than a Bethesda game getting new bugs.

    About this specifically? I understood the intent behind it, but it was still badly written. It shouldn't be a big deal, but (as you said) people made it a big deal, and Ana's story was put on the back burner. Chu (the writer) should have seen that coming, but like the rest of the lore it was done badly.

    It could put on the back burner because people got so Up In Arms that LGBT was being added that they didn't even take the time to think.


    Hell when watching a large majority of the videos that were complaining about it unnecessary inclusion and how it was forced a good 80% of them were just reading off news articles on things like kotaku.

    None of which actually took the time to read the comic. They saw a clickbait line and immediately decided to jump into a fury.

    It is not the creators fault that the community is a bunch of morons. For example there was someone complaining on Twitter about how he was going to be expected to act gay if he cosplayed as soldier.

    Which I thought was the stupidest thing ever because firstly you don't have to 100% act like the character and secondly it's not like soldier in any way or shape or form acts a stereotypically gay.

    That is just an example of what I mean when I say a lot of people see LGBT included and immediately shut off their brain then enter rant mode.

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1349007#Comment_1349007

    The Freddy in DBD is the 2010 remake. So no it isn't incorrect.

    Hmm, so he is. But I have a follow up question: Why does it matter? Freddy is bisexual...but he doesn't count toward the minimum LGBT requirement because he's a pedophile? Where is this line that makes them not count? J-walking? Murder? Sexual abuse?

  • Already did this with one thread like this (sadly went into more detail, kinda ruining my night as a legion main)

    look, it's a multiplayer action/horror game, not a god damn love story with phsycotic killers.

    i don't wanna be mean but god damn is it annoying as #########.

  • @terumisan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347359#Comment_1347359

    You right about Steve and Nancy especially season 3 nancy

    Right? Steve can do better

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348525#Comment_1348525

    @4fingeredfreddy

    Everybody knows that lore is an aspect of this game. Lore which unveils and develops storytelling for that specific character.

    I don't really understand how making a gay character or essentially revealing an existing one's via a tome or something, is going to change your gaming experience.

    They can still do pride event related things too. I don't understand why there have to be "limitations" when no one ever thinks that for any other group that they are catering to.

    jesus i though i was done with this.... This response is proof enough that the lgbt community is entirely too sensitive for what they are asking for. Also i didnt say in ANY of my comments that it would effect my gaming experience at ALL or anyones for that matter. But thanks for putting words in my mouth bud.

  • Oh come on don't make this game about politics.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Oh come on don't make this game about politics.

    Nobody brought up any politics, so why are you?

  • @4fingeredfreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1348673#Comment_1348673

    jesus i though i was done with this.... This response is proof enough that the lgbt community is entirely too sensitive for what they are asking for. Also i didnt say in ANY of my comments that it would effect my gaming experience at ALL or anyones for that matter. But thanks for putting words in my mouth bud.

    @4fingeredfreddy

    You put your own words into your own mouth: (This was from the first comment I responded to from you)

    "My point is to try to find an alternative towards making sure that everyone is safe and can have a great experience in game still."

    and yet you still deny it:

    Also i didnt say in ANY of my comments that it would effect my gaming experience at ALL or anyones for that matter.

    Hello??? 🤣

  • Please, no, there is no need for any sexual orientation for the characters in this game. Please don't. Let everything remain within the framework of "fanfiction", let it remain better within the framework of fictional stories of players. Seriously. This is a game about killing and survival, not about finding out relationships and who is what orientation.


    By adding sexual orientation to this game, you will "throw sh*t on the blower", so please let's do without it.

    Just leave it as it is. Let the sexual orientation of the characters be on the conscience of the players, and not as an official fact from the developers. You will only make it worse by creating a split in the community.

  • @Animator That ship sailed long ago with the Nurse. Sexual orientations are already in the game and have been for years.

  • Just leave this sharp theme, do not add anything like this to this game.

  • @Animator said:

    Just leave this sharp theme, do not add anything like this to this game.

    Didn't you read what I wrote? The Nurse's lore explicitly mentions her husband. It's been in the game for years.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1351706#Comment_1351706

    Didn't you read what I wrote? The Nurse's lore explicitly mentions her husband. It's been in the game for years.

    So don't need to add anything else to the game on this topic, let everything remain as it is. This topic is better to "go around a kilometer". It is better to avoid problems in advance than to sit and suffer later.

  • @Animator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1351713#Comment_1351713

    So don't need to add anything else to the game on this topic, let everything remain as it is. This topic is better to "go around a kilometer". It is better to avoid problems in advance than to sit and suffer later.

    Wrong. Other than the Nurse, we also have Dwight, David, and Frank and Julie. Frank and Julie's expanded lore (from the rift) is almost entirely about their relationship, constantly shoving how straight they are down our throats every other sentence. However, they received no complaints.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1351755#Comment_1351755

    Wrong. Other than the Nurse, we also have Dwight, David, and Frank and Julie. Frank and Julie's expanded lore (from the rift) is almost entirely about their relationship, constantly shoving how straight they are down our throats every other sentence. However, they received no complaints.

    I say again: it is not necessary to touch and conduct "wars" on this theme. The topic with the addition of LGBT characters is very "sharp" and will cause a huge number of opposing opinions, thereby further splitting the game's community, which is already split and barely holds due to numerous disputes about who to "buff/nerf".

  • @Animator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1351760#Comment_1351760

    I say again: it is not necessary to touch and conduct "wars" on this theme. The topic with the addition of LGBT characters is very "sharp" and will cause a huge number of opposing opinions, thereby further splitting the game's community, which is already split and barely holds due to numerous disputes about who to "buff/nerf".

    LGBT characters are already in the game, their orientation just hasn't been confirmed yet. If we were to avoid confirming or adding anything that could make people react poorly, this game wouldn't exist. No games would, in fact.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1351792#Comment_1351792

    LGBT characters are already in the game, their orientation just hasn't been confirmed yet. If we were to avoid confirming or adding anything that could make people react poorly, this game wouldn't exist. No games would, in fact.

    So let the orientation of the characters be on the conscience of the players. Let the players decide for themselves who and what orientation in their subjective opinion is. Let it be a secret in this game. No official confirmation is required.

    It's even better. Players will come up with interesting guesses and build intrigues.

  • @BadDocter said:

    There is no need for sexual orientation in dbd, its a survival/action game not a story one.

    well they want to implement a story into the game with the lores that the characters have so yeah ..

  • @Animator said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1351800#Comment_1351800

    So let the orientation of the characters be on the conscience of the players. Let the players decide for themselves who and what orientation in their subjective opinion is. Let it be a secret in this game. No official confirmation is required.

    It's even better. Players will come up with interesting guesses and build intrigues.

    Again, that's no longer possible and hasn't been possible since the Nurse.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1351438#Comment_1351438

    @4fingeredfreddy

    You put your own words into your own mouth: (This was from the first comment I responded to from you)

    "My point is to try to find an alternative towards making sure that everyone is safe and can have a great experience in game still."

    and yet you still deny it:

    Also i didnt say in ANY of my comments that it would effect my gaming experience at ALL or anyones for that matter.

    Hello??? 🤣

    Sorry took a hiatus from the forums, but no youre still wrong and just trying to pick a fight. The only problem here is my phrasing, but if youi were smart enough youd understand my meaning regardless, though i shoudve been smart enough to know you wouldnt.

    My point was that bringing in something like this would provide more negative experiences for the LGBT COMMUNITY, not for anyone else. MEANING it will NOT effect ANYONE BUT THE LGBT COMMUNITY in a negative light. MEANING IM TRYING TO PROTECT THEM FROM THIS. Stop trying to make me out to be a bad guy. Youre literally just here to start a fight you cant even win. And its honestly pretty pathetic.

  • @4fingeredfreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1351672#Comment_1351672

    Sorry took a hiatus from the forums, but no youre still wrong and just trying to pick a fight. The only problem here is my phrasing, but if youi were smart enough youd understand my meaning regardless, though i shoudve been smart enough to know you wouldnt.

    My point was that bringing in something like this would provide more negative experiences for the LGBT COMMUNITY, not for anyone else. MEANING it will NOT effect ANYONE BUT THE LGBT COMMUNITY in a negative light. MEANING IM TRYING TO PROTECT THEM FROM THIS. Stop trying to make me out to be a bad guy. Youre literally just here to start a fight you cant even win. And its honestly pretty pathetic.

    @4fingeredfreddy

    So you came back to start more drama?

    Get a grip and move on.

  • See youre literally just an internet prick. Literally all you are. You start a fight, lose, and just say some ridiculous nonsense to try to get out of it. Absolute cretin.

  • As always, while representation is great, why do we need sexual orientations listed or labeled in a game about murdering each other. In a game where nobodys orientation, gender, or usually age is even mentioned. People are people. Who they want to ######### holds no bearing on killing each other. Unless using orientation to choose a target is your thing. Which is horrible.

  • @4fingeredfreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1386699#Comment_1386699

    See youre literally just an internet prick. Literally all you are. You start a fight, lose, and just say some ridiculous nonsense to try to get out of it. Absolute cretin.

    @4fingeredfreddy

    #unbothered

    Go back a couple of pages ago where I already gave you my reply.

    I am LGBTQ and consider me not needing “protection” against the people who would normally show their hate and bigotry regardless of who I am playing. Stop trying to suppress the presence of someone else’s lifestyle, because of your own fears.

    Also, for future reference just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t mean they want to “fight”. Maybe learn some proper forum etiquette and then come back and have a discussion without your unnecessary name calling.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    As always, while representation is great, why do we need sexual orientations listed or labeled in a game about murdering each other. In a game where nobodys orientation, gender, or usually age is even mentioned. People are people. Who they want to ######### holds no bearing on killing each other. Unless using orientation to choose a target is your thing. Which is horrible.

    In a game where nobodys orientation, gender, or usually age is even mentioned.

    See, that's where you're wrong. If you'd read the lore, you would've seen that many characters have had their orientation confirmed, but they were all heterosexual.

  • When a wise old man is asked why guys cant even mention their love for sausage in a lore tab the man simply said "tis homophobia my dear boy."


    EDIT1: example, the post right below me. :)

    EDIT2: the posts got removed XD

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1386738#Comment_1386738

    @4fingeredfreddy

    #unbothered

    Go back a couple of pages ago where I already gave you my reply.

    I am LGBTQ and consider me not needing “protection” against the people who would normally show their hate and bigotry regardless of who I am playing. Stop trying to suppress the presence of someone else’s lifestyle, because of your own fears.

    Also, for future reference just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t mean they want to “fight”. Maybe learn some proper forum etiquette and then come back and have a discussion without your unnecessary name calling.

    Dude what the ######### ever, Obviously theres no winning with you. Im obviously just a homophobic piece of literal ######### that deserves absolutely ######### nothing in your eyes even though nothing could be farther from the truth. By all means BHVR, lets just push it a step further and go ahead and make every lgbt member glow bright yellow with their aura permanently visible. Cuz god knows they really do want to stand out. ######### this thread yall cant be reasoned with and its exactly why no one will ever take you seriously. Im done. ######### me for giving a ######### i guess.

  • @4fingeredfreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1386984#Comment_1386984

    Dude what the ######### ever, Obviously theres no winning with you. Im obviously just a homophobic piece of literal ######### that deserves absolutely ######### nothing in your eyes even though nothing could be farther from the truth. By all means BHVR, lets just push it a step further and go ahead and make every lgbt member glow bright yellow with their aura permanently visible. Cuz god knows they really do want to stand out. ######### this thread yall cant be reasoned with and its exactly why no one will ever take you seriously. Im done

    You ok buddy? want a hug?

  • @BadDocter said:

    There is no need for sexual orientation in dbd, its a survival/action game not a story one.

    People actually enjoy lore? personally wouldnt play the game if it was full of a bunch of emotionless husks that i can't enjoy playing/relate to

  • @4fingeredfreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1386984#Comment_1386984

    Dude what the ######### ever, Obviously theres no winning with you. Im obviously just a homophobic piece of literal ######### that deserves absolutely ######### nothing in your eyes even though nothing could be farther from the truth. By all means BHVR, lets just push it a step further and go ahead and make every lgbt member glow bright yellow with their aura permanently visible. Cuz god knows they really do want to stand out. ######### this thread yall cant be reasoned with and its exactly why no one will ever take you seriously. Im done

    When the people you're trying to protect tell you they don't need your protection, it's a little insulting to act like they're wrong and you know best. LGBT people aren't children.

    EDIT: It's a video game, not real life. IRL, LGBT people might actually need protection, as we see regularly the world over. In a video game, however, I think we can handle it.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347360#Comment_1347360

    I'm well aware- but they took issue that there was nothing. Nothing for a year. Then just gay. If you're going to make a character gay, do it from the start.

    Thats like saying

    "Huh? You're gay? but you didnt tell me this when we first became friends 3 years ago.... I dont like it."

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1387120#Comment_1387120

    When the people you're trying to protect tell you they don't need your protection, it's a little insulting to act like they're wrong and you know best. LGBT people aren't children.

    EDIT: It's a video game, not real life. IRL LGBT people might actually need protection, as we see regularly the world over. In a video game, however, I think we can handle it.

    you're my favorite forum member!

  • @Papayarng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347362#Comment_1347362

    Thats like saying

    "Huh? You're gay? but you didnt tell me this when we first became friends 3 years ago.... I dont like it."

    I'm literally gay.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I mean, if I remember correctly people were pretty pissed at Soldier because Blizzard basically gave no hints and was just like "lol look we have a gay".

    I'm all for it, but hopefully they do it right.

    Also, was a new thread needed to add to the 23 we already have?

    Edit: Not to sound rude but, like, could you read the other things that I've posted in this thread too? Instead of commenting the same thing someone else did that I already responded to?

    i always say "if you're going to write a gay or lesbian character, make it obvious and make it a part of the character, don't just say it for brownie points, that's just lazy"

  • Then you get the point. Why weren't you this outraged about the heterosexuals that were confirmed years after the characters were released?

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1347356#Comment_1347356

    i always say "if you're going to write a gay or lesbian character, make it obvious and make it a part of the character, don't just say it for brownie points, that's just lazy"

    And everyone else always says "Don't make it obvious because that just creates a ######### character defined by their orientation and nobody likes that".

  • cool, so is that fact your opener at social parties orrrrrr

    Look sexuality is a weird thing, we dont come out automatically knowing what our orientation is, hell some people don't figure out what their gender is till much later in their life let alone their orientation. This also applies to writing characters. characters change and develop beyond their original origin. that's just how writing works.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1387194#Comment_1387194

    And everyone else always says "Don't make it obvious because that just creates a ######### character defined by their orientation and nobody likes that".

    those guys are idiots who don't know how to write a relatively decent and interesting character to save their lives, I wouldn't bother listening to em

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1387201#Comment_1387201

    those guys are idiots who don't know how to write a relatively decent and interesting character to save their lives, I wouldn't bother listening to em

    Those guys make up the majority of people. Nobody likes a stereotypical LGBT character who's defined by the fact that they're LGBT, least of all LGBT people.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1387201#Comment_1387201

    those guys are idiots who don't know how to write a relatively decent and interesting character to save their lives, I wouldn't bother listening to em

    so let us see some of your writing if you understand how to write a gay character better. As a writer who you claim to be one of those "idiots" I would love to sit down with you and learn.

  • I'd be fine if it was sort of subtly added or included in a lore, but I don't want them to be inclusive just for the sake of inclusion. I just don't want them to have a character with their only character trait being they're apart of LGBTQ+, that's not adding a character, that's just being inclusive to be inclusive.

    Furthermore, as much as BHVR wants to try to make this have a story, the lore aspects really aren't that important. People like the designs of the characters but they're honestly treated more like avatars you like other than "I personally relate to this character, therefore I will play them."

    So yeah, there's nothing wrong with it being added, but I honestly think it doesn't really matter in a game like this because it's not actually character driven. Additionally, I'm afraid BHVR might just do it so people will like them more and not for the reason of creating an interesting character.

    TLDR: Lore isn't really that important to people as much as BHVR wants it to in my opinion. An LGBTQ+ survivor in the lore wouldn't be a problem or anything, but if I'm being honest, it's not really representation because lore matters so little.

  • @Semimatic said:

    I'd be fine if it was sort of subtly added or included in a lore, but I don't want them to be inclusive just for the sake of inclusion. I just don't want them to have a character with their only character trait being they're apart of LGBTQ+, that's not adding a character, that's just being inclusive to be inclusive.

    Furthermore, as much as BHVR wants to try to make this have a story, the lore aspects really aren't that important. People like the designs of the characters but they're honestly treated more like avatars you like other than "I personally relate to this character, therefore I will play them."

    So yeah, there's nothing wrong with it being added, but I honestly think it doesn't really matter in a game like this because it's not actually character driven. Additionally, I'm afraid BHVR might just do it so people will like them more and not for the reason of creating an interesting character.

    TLDR: Lore isn't really that important to people as much as BHVR wants it to in my opinion. An LGBTQ+ survivor in the lore wouldn't be a problem or anything, but if I'm being honest, it's not really representation because lore matters so little.

    The devs have already created and added an LGBT character, it's just that they weren't confirmed. I'd say they did a good job of it.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1387201#Comment_1387201

    those guys are idiots who don't know how to write a relatively decent and interesting character to save their lives, I wouldn't bother listening to em

    Cool. lets see some of your writing then to see how to properly write a gay character. As a writer who is one of those "idiots" I would love to sit down with you and learn properly write about sexual orientation.

1 2 3 4