What are your unpopular opinions about Dead by Daylight?

It could be about anything regarding this game.

I'll start with mine: Doctor is one of my favourite killers to go against and I'm never really annoyed of him.

Another one? Oof you'll be surprised by this one: I do not care about keys or moris, in fact I love getting moried because the animations look very cool, I just play for fun.

Now tell me some of your unpopular opinions about Dead by Daylight that you think would make others surprised?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Dance with me is a strong perk

  • Second chance perks, from BT to NOED, encourage bad habits and limit player creativity and skill.

  • Old BT was balanced...

  • The Halloween update was the worst thing to happen to Dead By Daylight. It gave us Haddonfield, it gave us Decisive, it gave us Object, it gave us Laurie, and it set off the chain reaction of licensed characters becoming a boring, cash-grabbing gimmick.

    And I'm the only person who doesn't like going against Michael, so... it also gave us Michael.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Nurse is horribly overrated

    This game is not actually that frustrating. People just play it too much

    As someone who only plays the game a few times a week due to ######### mentality caused be receiving messages (you'd understand if you were in my position) I disagree with the second point completely.

  • anything deemed toxic in-game is not toxic(tbag- flash click, slug, etc) . The only toxic thing in dbd is the chat system(messages on consoles)

  • old insta heals were fine, MoM still needs a buff, the recovery rate of Ghostface power needs a buff, and Pyramid Head needs a buff

  • @MyersxKate said:

    Trapper requires galaxy brain to play. Since most people aren't like that he's one of the worst killers in the game

    Pyramid Head will be mid tier due how many handicaps he has

    Pyramid head is going to be strong, but you're going to have to play him like a scumbag.

    I already know how I'm going to play and survivors aren't going to like it. I predict a whole lot salt about him.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338920#Comment_1338920

    Pyramid head is going to be strong, but you're going to have to play him like a scumbag.

    I already know how I'm going to play and survivors aren't going to like it. I predict a whole lot salt about him.

    Torment> Hook > Cage > Hook to tunnel as if DS/BT don't exist will make a lot of people mad once it's common.

    Or the devs will have unhook remove torment guess we will see.

  • I don't mind moris.

    I think the clown is a good killer.

    EGC sucks and is not worth the hassle as survivor.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1339008#Comment_1339008

    Torment> Hook > Cage > Hook to tunnel as if DS/BT don't exist will make a lot of people mad once it's common.

    Or the devs will have unhook remove torment guess we will see.

    Basically. I think Torment does get removed when you're unhooked. My way will be hook, cage, immediate tunnel into hook. Of course I won't do this every time, but being toxic to PH will be a bad idea.

  • I love those. It's a killer with noed who put u in the basement and is camping (which I know cause I got kindred), ofc I'm not gonna feed him another kill ๐Ÿ˜‚ got salty messages after, "great Teamwork" etc.

    Seriously tho, I usually try my best to get everyone out, even if it means I die but sometimes, a survivor played theirself so bad and sometimes u just gotta call it a game tbh.

  • Legion is fine as it is. A small buff wouldn't make them OP, but I think they're perfectly viable as they are right now.


    Running and playing against meta builds is boring af. Both as survivor and as killer. Survivors keep running the same meta perks and killers keep running the build that works the best with whichever killer they're playing and it gets so monotonous tbh.

  • @a_good_player said:

    tenacity is pretty underrated and tenacity-umbreakable-ds is one of the best combo in the game

    Tenacity (+ unbreakable) is so underrated.

  • Well, I don't think this one is so unpopular

    Adrenaline is not fine, yes. Playing as solo might be good, but as SWF you know when it will become active and at difference from most perks it has no downside and two effects (No Mither as an example has two effects but a downside as well).

    Sprint Burst needs its effect to be shorter, I mean seriously? Sprinting in real life lasting three seconds? Or at least make it so the speed gain is not that much, like 3 seconds where you go at 130% wich is still faster than killers but you won't get that much of an advantage over him.

  • ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ’–

  • @TWiXT said:

    NOED isn't a crutch perk that "rewards lazy killers", instead it "rewards killers for survivors laziness". It takes 12 seconds to cleanse a dull totem, and 4 survivors can cleanse a totem at any given time during the match they are not being chased. If only 1 survivor cleanses all 5 totems, that takes only 1 minute of time away from doing gens, but since any survivor can cleanse a totem and if they all cleansed totems every time they saw one, the most totems a survivor on the team would have to cleanse is 2. Considering how frequent NOED is played, there's literally no reason to risk the endgame by ignoring the totems, "Do bones" and NOED can't affect your team. Ignoring a dull totem in favor of doing a gen is just being lazy while speeding up how soon NOED will activate and wipe us all out. Do Bones, ya lazy turds!

    As the one that always does the bones, yet is almost always the one to get hit with NoED, I completely disagree with this statement.

    If I get a map where they aren't as hard to spot as my Claudette, then I'll easily get 3 bones before I have to get some generator work done for Lightbringer to maintain my rank at least.


    I did EXACTLY what killers say and I still get punished. My experience is the very thing that disproves the "Do bones" excuse.

  • @Orion said:

    I like Moris.

    You know? With the time Ive started to hate Moris (Not really hate, just I dont have any lust to use it) before I used it a ton with premades I supposed I learnt about game and manage good SWFs and I dont feel the need to use mori to punish the next SWF. I just use it for tryharding tier 4 of kill everyone in a game with *insert killer* but I defo use demn tryharding perks and add ons.


    PS For this T4 im gonna slug everyone and make em die cuz of bleeding (sorry for toxicity but I dont wanna be moring several games)

  • Mori and keys are fun because they add an extra layer of suspence and urgency.

  • Decisive Strike is fine. Also I've been playing survivor a lot recently as I've grown burnt out on killer for a little while, and I've met just as many scumbag killers as survivors. Both sides are toxic as hell.

  • The game is in a relatively good place right now and most common complaints are often blown way out of proportion to the actual damage they do to the overall experience

  • I really am not a fan of survivors complaining that I camp or tunnel as killer. I'm still new to it. I just happen to go for whoever I happen to see as closest. And if you had no trouble at all finishing gens and I have one on hook after the doors are open. Whats gonna likely happen? I try to find the survivors at doors and lose my hooked one or I try to scout out the area around the hooked one for an extra kill.

    I don't get upset at killers for trying to ensure at least one kill. The point of killer is to kill.

    I have a lot of fun with killers who just become a chill creepy friend in the match, but those aren't the matches I want to play when I'm killer right now.

  • I'm fine with the Archives as they are.

    I'm open to improvements of course.

  • @youarewronglol said:

    Chains of hate was awful

    Another killer with bad add-ons

    Yui 2: now american

    6 cooldown perks (counting the rework of sabo), only like 2 are worth talking about

    very meh map, walls are neat but don't really change how it feels

    I run For The People and it's incredible when used correctly and when used correctly in a build.

  • The lore is so inconsistent. The information in the Archive, the cosmetic descriptions and the in-game info section is different. The licensed characters lore sucks, I'm not sure it's even there. (Except for Heather, we finally get some legit backstory and mysterious things in the licensed character's info page. Before you talk about Stranger Things, Nancy's lore was still wack, it only had "oh, she went into the lab again and WOOSH". Like, Heather's lore made me think, why did she hear the voice, is the cult connected to the Entity somehow, why did she loose consciousness and feel pain? Other licensed characters' lore made me go "well, some sh!t happens, the Entity just came and that's it".)

    I'm gonna sm@ck people who trust the dev-streams lore discussions. Seriously, they change things so quickly there and it conflicts with the in-game lore even more than Ruin conflicts Pop.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338272#Comment_1338272

    As the one that always does the bones, yet is almost always the one to get hit with NoED, I completely disagree with this statement.

    If I get a map where they aren't as hard to spot as my Claudette, then I'll easily get 3 bones before I have to get some generator work done for Lightbringer to maintain my rank at least.

    I did EXACTLY what killers say and I still get punished. My experience is the very thing that disproves the "Do bones" excuse.

    I agree with this so much oh my god. My friends sometimes tease me because I'm always doing a bunch of totems, yet way too many times we're still stuck with NOED. Some totem locations are really good and it can take VERY long to find them. To be honest I have learning totem locations by heart as a personal objective for this year so I stop having to deal with this, but it shouldn't be like that :/

  • Spine Chill when used properly is the best perk in the game.

  • What else do you use? I freaking love this combo lmao

    Feels so good to lose the killer cause im the flash on the ground

  • @Jakojo said:

    Spine Chill when used properly is the best perk in the game.

    They said UNpopular opinions.

  • Unpopular opinions? Ok

    Pig is good killer

    Myers is bottom A tier

    Freddy is balanced

    Billy is balanced

    Noed is ok. Just do bones

    Dead hard and Lithe are overrated

    I like moris (even as survivor)

    Clown and Bubba are fun to play

    Spirit is balanced

    Yamaoka is the worst map

    Meg needs some better skins because most of them sucks

    Claudette is as ugly as Nea

    Self care is worthless

    All Hallows Eve event had the best music

    Ghostface is solid B tier

    Pennywise is overrated and we don't need him

  • Plague is a bad killer. Everytime I say this I get attacked. I feel like her power is only good when she has corrupt purge which is only half of her power. Vile purge is just terrible imo. Also I think thatI unbreakable is terribly overrated.

    Idk how controversial this is but based on 3 teachable perks meg is by far the best survivor.

  • Well....

    I "always" use self-care

    I would rather being moried than escaping

    I enjoy t-bagging against Ghostface and i enjoy t-bagging while chasing with Ghostface

    I sometimes bodyblock survivors when they are cleansing totems.(as a survivor)

  • Nurse is still the best killer, and Deathslinger is top 5, it's just the fact that most people don't want to be good with these killers because they require some effort.

  • That everyone is good and kind in the community.

  • DbD is the most beginner-unfriendly game ive ever seen. But i think this isnt an unpopular opinion...

  • The following statements are simply embarrassing:

    "Daddy Myers!"

    "Clown is Thiccc!"

    "Boop The Snoot!"

    "Quentin needs his speedo skin!"

    "I want a bare chested version of *add male survivor*!"

  • The game isnt killer sided or survivor sided its just really unbalanced.

  • Unpopular opinion:

    Casuals turn(ed) this game into an unbalanced piece of #########.

  • Self Care isn't a bad or selfish perk. Those who say it takes too long or wastes a slot fail to realize that healing with someone else still takes time and you have to find the person. Or when they say you could just bring a med-kit... well, those have limits too.

  • @Azgard12 said:

    Self Care isn't a bad or selfish perk. Those who say it takes too long or wastes a slot fail to realize that healing with someone else still takes time and you have to find the person. Or when they say you could just bring a med-kit... well, those have limits too.

    Self Care actually requires just as long as when you get healed by someone. You need twice the time but only 1 player is busy, so in certain situations it's actually much better to Self Care so that the other player can do more important stuff such as Unhooking or healing a slugged Survivor.

    Pretty annoying to hang on a hook watching the other Survivors healing each other up in a corner.

  • Doctor is fun in 1v1 chases unless he use the green range addon. Most Spirit players are pretty bad but still annoying to deal with.

    1. The Nurse needs to be reverted back to her release self (3 blinks and 115% movement speed);
    2. Freddy's slowdown add-ons should have their numbers doubled at the very least; his add-ons in general should be changed to be more useful, because they're generally terrible;
    3. Keksisive Egostroke needs to be removed from the game altogether. Not reworked, not "changed". Just straight up deleted;
    4. Moris and keys are not equals: moris at least require the killer to do something to benefit from them; a key user could just crouch in a bush all game and still get a free escape in the end;
    5. The hatch should not exist;
    6. The end game collapse should start as soon as the last generator is fixed/there's only one survivor left;
    7. If a survivor does not interact with an objective (a generator or a totem,) for more than five minutes, they should have their aura revealed to the killer;
    8. No killer is strong enough to have their baseline movement speed reduced in a game where maps like Ormond and Haddonfield exist.
  • The game is actually fun, regardless of balance or whatever.

    The moris are great, keys aren't op as people think they are.

    Spirit is a fun killer, she was my main for a bit. I like the way she plays.

    UB isn't a bad perk, the people who use it to walk the enitre map are just cowards. Perk is *chefs kiss* perfect for evading for certain killers.

  • @Roobnus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1545197#Comment_1545197

    Self Care actually requires just as long as when you get healed by someone. You need twice the time but only 1 player is busy, so in certain situations it's actually much better to Self Care so that the other player can do more important stuff such as Unhooking or healing a slugged Survivor.

    Pretty annoying to hang on a hook watching the other Survivors healing each other up in a corner.

    Right, I think we agree. I prefer people to have agency and dependence, most obviously when I'm playing solo.

  • All gens but one, should be blocked off for a minute at the start of every trial.

  • I think the 'Fog Whisper' gimmick should be dropped.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    Im not even remotely sorry that I camp/tunnel/slug when the gens are going to fast. If were down to 2 gens in what feels like an unreasonable timeframe, i am cranking the ######### way up and i dont care what people think about it. I laugh at your dms you send me upset.

    I dont behave this way at the start, though i will slug if i see 2 of you.

    I thought slugging with 2 was supposed to be done???

1 2 โ€บ