Unpopular Opinions
List your "unpopular opinions!"
1) Removing pallet vacuum = Great
Removing pallets entirely=Horrible
Removing an appropiate amount = Fantastic
2)Removing hatch stand off =Great
Removing last survivor ability to ever get out = Horrible
(I think there are plenty of compromises that I've seen posted that still make it in the Killer's favor without removing ALL hope for the survivors)
PS: And for those who say, "It's called Dead by daylight, NOT Survive by daylight" Please stop taking the title of the game so literal. Killers are supposed to Kill and Survivors are supposed to Survive. If you want a heavily based killer game where you're OP there are other games out there Such as Friday the 13th.
Survivors are supposed to have fun just as Killers are. Unbalancing a game in favor of Killers just cause it's called "Dead" by daylight is not ideal and you won't have any survivors left to kill. (Remember all these are my opinions only
)
PSS: I don't want to start riots I just want to have civilized posts so people can just talk about things. No need to fight since everyone doesn't view everything the same :chuffed:
Comments
Sounds like another survivor who bought a horror game and wants to turn it into sth else now
Whats the point of the killer in an assymetrical game if he has no power at all compared to survivors?
If you have no power at all, I have bad news for ya, buddy.
i perfered the lunar event bonus points > x2 bp
Without her traps she's just a Huntress with no hatchets... You can't trap the whole map.
Have you played her yet? Just wondering, because the patch notes said to avoid Hag in PTB as she could crash client side or some technical #########. I suppose it does make sense, actually.
That's the definition of an "unpopular opinion".
Tho :
You don't need to trap the whole map.
And
Not sure why you would play her without her traps. Her traps is her main feature.
Didn't play her due to the warning. Michi did tho, and told me that the removal of the vacuum is insanely good for her. (for obvious reasons)
I do play her on the live server tho, at rank 1, and get very consistent kills.
Bond and Adrenaline are among the best perks in the game
Even then still pretty fun as billy cause its an actual challenge of a map. the rest is human variables I mean survivor "Plays"
That's how I see it. If you get NOED for a good chunk of time it easily pays its weight.
Wake up is quite over powered. It steals a kill from me literally every other game.
Idk I havent seen anyone mention this, but i think the clowns character design is boring as hell. > @YankeeSan said:
Well any of those things you mentioned can happen and you could still end up being face camped. I mean in order to be camped, one of those has to happen.
My unpopular opinion:
10 pallets should be the only amount available at the start, if they have no plans on increasing repair times.
1) I agree.
2) If you are talking about how the hatch is in the PTB, the last survivor can still get out... it just takes effort and it's hard. But so is Killer for the most part(this game is literally centered around survivors at the moment, though it is improving), I don't think survivors will have it bad with one thing that is challenging. In MY opinion.
PS: I've never seen someone make that argument before.
Exactly. Kind of how Rainbow Six: Siege used to be before Op Health. Ugh.
Probably unpopular opinion. Maybe adding more steps to fix gens would help with game time. Example: Searching through chests to repair gens or maybe looking for fuel when you have fixed them so they start.
- I am indecisive about NOED's current state after they made it a Hex that can completely not activate at all. At the same time, the very first version was just a bit OP being unlimited.
- After that Deathgarden alpha, people suggested survivors' auras should be revealed to the killer after a certain amount of time by default. I believe I am against it.
- Would rather play a no camper Speed Limiter Leatherface than a litterally instant chainsaw Hillbilly with turning add-ons and Tinkerer.
- Clown and Nurse mori animations are the best ones. Second one is either Leatherface or Hag.
Of course I would love people to see the game from both sides . not only judge blindly and try to make their side op so they can bully the other side .
Quentin's perks are all underappreciated and secretly very good if used right. Give Quentin love 2k18, and Freddy is still good, give lunge simulator 2k18 more love
Unpopular opinion. The key to balance is just buffing solo survivor communication to SWF tier, then nerfing both. That simple.
Meg isn't that pretty
come on flame me
Ace would be the prettiest girl in a bikini. Challenge me! I dare you! I triple dog dare ya!
How I imagine "Meg" IRL considering her face :
http://p7.storage.canalblog.com/77/37/1299180/103255092_o.png
2) The problem with that is the breathing of injured survivors. I think they would have to reduce the sound, since there are already perks that increase survivors breathing sounds
Most survivors would rage over that small change without a "balance"
3) There are wayyyyyyyyyy tooooooooo many hackers along with lagswitchers, it's really annoying
On NOED: I think instead of a Hex, there should be a timeframe in which it is enabled. Something interesting would be = for every survivor hit, gain 5 seconds on NOED. (idk actual time)
Lots of survivors run Self Care, Aura Perks, We'll Make it, so they usually heal up.
EDIT: something like that could "Help" with tunneling/camping
I have to agree with both of you. Sadly, I believe a lot of minor changes could fix most of the actual balancing problems. But I do think there are people who don't truly want balance.
)
I've never had much problems personally with one side being "Too OP", I always just "sucked it up" and tried to adapt. Mostly I want balance for the sake of the toxic side of the community. (Even though that would never truly go away
And yeah, I find some killers not that strong...they deserve to be buffed 100%. But at the same time, some people don't know how to capitalize on killer's strengths.
I played against a Freddy (and there's only two categories: BAD Freddy and OP Freddy), and he surpassed all the OP Freddy's I had ever played against. This guy would hook someone, and then stay near the hook. When survivors came, he would sandman them, chase for a bit, go back, sandman another trying to unhook, chase them, and over and over again. We ended up all dying with only 2 gens done. It was a very sad game for me but I applauded him. Just the way he did everything, using Freddy to the max, I was ashamed at my gameplay
Hey dude, great title of post - I think 2 is slightly skewed however as it doesn't remove the last survivor the ability to get out. As they can finish whatever remaining gens are left to either reopen the hatch or the exit gates..just because your team is dead and the hatch is closed doesn't necessarily mean its GG - Also @YankeeSan I love playing Lerys as a survivor
as long as the game is not 1 sided, I am fine with how it is. The only thing they should do is give timeouts for people that leave games, and no not "BAN" them, that's just stupid since the player count would drop dramatically. Timeouts are fine and the more they leave a match, the higher the time queue will go, this will allow new and experienced players to try and better themselves and SWF groups to stay in the game instead of leaving when the main person they are trying to protect dies first. Idk how other feel about that but it is just my opinion/idea.
My unpopular opinion is that camping is no worse than pallet looping
my unpopular opinion is that the game shouldn't be balanced and that the game SHOULD be on the killers side. I mean they are supposed to be the big scary monsters that kill people, but if they can't kill people then what's the point.
But that would be balance, its a 1v4 that means 4 survivors are equal to 1 killer in terms of power. Yet one can distract the killer the entire game on top of so many second chances. The odds of them taking on the killer with less than 4 of them at once should be low. Only together should they stand a chance but that isnt the case. Honestly survivor would be a lot more fun that way.
I think you know what I meant @ThePloopz @Enigma
I love Lery as nurse!
Players are overly confident on that map when they hear the nurse and unless there is an ''unblinkable'' area, it's easy to mindgame survivors.
I like to play Billy on Lerys.
For the same reason. Survivors are over confident.
Fresh unpopular opinion
The forum is better off without the down vote button
@Dragonredking I just noticed the down vote gone. I agree, it is better without it there.
I got over 60 downvotes in 1 day, for having an unpopular opinion.
@lasombra1979 Literaly 5 minute before they removed it I discovered how many down vote where needed to hide a post in a thread, it was only seven.
Good riddance
The fact that they took it away cracks me up super hard.
Anyway, back on topic:
My unpopular opinion is that: flashlighters, loopers, bodyblockers, etc. are not actually against the spirit of the game. Actually, they make a lot of sense, as they're all fairly heroic/brave actions at their root. Flashlighters are trying to save their teammates, loopers are trying to keep the killer distracted, bodyblockers are literally taking hits to try to save someone--it all makes sense within the game's basic premise.
My unpopular opinion. Survivors under no circumstances should be able to 1v1 any of the killers or have an advantage over the killer in any capacity.
Survivors aren't OP.
What do you mean? I don't recall the survivor being able to fight the 1v1?
Is there a secret trick to hit the killer with a flashlight?
1v1 in the context that a good survivor can run a killer on a wild goose chase from pallet to pallet for the whole length of the game and the killer is powerless to stop them unless they make a mistake. The power is directly in the survivors hands not the killers. A killer having to rely on a survivor screwing up is not a balanced situation in a 4v1 asymmetrical game. The only killer that can directly counter this is the nurse.
The reworked Calm Spirit is not as OP as people make it seem. This perk is only ever useful against one killer (and this is only a midtier killer), meaning you will give up a perk slot for a perk just as situational as Unbreakable. And even then this killer can use other tools in his arsenal to find you.
Not to mention not screaming just doesnt feel natural at all. "I wont scream even though I have a chainsaw/hatchet/clawed glove inside me while I die".