Unpopular Opinions

List your "unpopular opinions!"

1) Removing pallet vacuum = Great
Removing pallets entirely=Horrible
Removing an appropiate amount = Fantastic

2)Removing hatch stand off =Great
Removing last survivor ability to ever get out = Horrible

(I think there are plenty of compromises that I've seen posted that still make it in the Killer's favor without removing ALL hope for the survivors)

PS: And for those who say, "It's called Dead by daylight, NOT Survive by daylight" Please stop taking the title of the game so literal. Killers are supposed to Kill and Survivors are supposed to Survive. If you want a heavily based killer game where you're OP there are other games out there Such as Friday the 13th.
Survivors are supposed to have fun just as Killers are. Unbalancing a game in favor of Killers just cause it's called "Dead" by daylight is not ideal and you won't have any survivors left to kill. (Remember all these are my opinions only :blush: )

PSS: I don't want to start riots I just want to have civilized posts so people can just talk about things. No need to fight since everyone doesn't view everything the same :chuffed:

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Hag, when played right, is ridiculously OP.

  • Here are a couple of my unpopular opinions.
    1.) SWF has extended the life of the game and it shouldn't be removed. I'm all for balancing it, but removing it is a bad idea.

    2.) The pink mori is too powerful. It can eliminate eight total hooks since each survivor only needs to be hooked once. If the game were more balanced this would be far too game-changing.

    3.) I'm all for buffing the killer role, but that doesn't mean that every complaint from the survivor side comes from a place of entitlement.

  • Dudddd said:
    weirdkid5 said:

    Survivors that use SC and DS combinations are terrible at the game and continue to perpetuate the unbalance.

    That can be said for killers who use mori , noed, ruin, 
    Yes, cause we all know it’s not possible to finish all 5 Gens in less than 5 minutes without Ruin. /s

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kbtr4xM67o
  • Techn0 said:

    @YankeeSan said:
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

    YES. I AGREE. IT'S SUCH A FUN MAP FOR KILLERS (except billy and nurse.)

    I play survivor and Lerys is my favorite map hands down.
  • HeroLives said:
    Techn0 said:

    @YankeeSan said:
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

    YES. I AGREE. IT'S SUCH A FUN MAP FOR KILLERS (except billy and nurse.)

    I play survivor and Lerys is my favorite map hands down.
    Lerys is my second favorite map as Billy.
    I don't know why tho.
  • Tsulan said:
    HeroLives said:
    Techn0 said:

    @YankeeSan said:
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

    YES. I AGREE. IT'S SUCH A FUN MAP FOR KILLERS (except billy and nurse.)

    I play survivor and Lerys is my favorite map hands down.
    Lerys is my second favorite map as Billy.
    I don't know why tho.
    I feel like it stops a lot of looping Bc it creates more space for juking. I think lerys is very much a middle ground map. Most of the time you don’t even need to use the pallets. Maybe that’s why you enjoy it as billy :) I will admit it’s a more challenging map for his chainsaw ability.
  • Runiver said:

    My unpopular opinion :
    Hag is top tier, possibly top 2, tied with Billy, after the removal of the vacuum.

    Agreed :)
  • Freddy isn’t as weak as people try to make him out to be. They just aren’t using him right and harbor ptsd from his nerf four score and seven years ago. He has the lowest kill rate because people hardly ever play him. 
  • HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:
    HeroLives said:
    Techn0 said:

    @YankeeSan said:
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

    YES. I AGREE. IT'S SUCH A FUN MAP FOR KILLERS (except billy and nurse.)

    I play survivor and Lerys is my favorite map hands down.
    Lerys is my second favorite map as Billy.
    I don't know why tho.
    I feel like it stops a lot of looping Bc it creates more space for juking. I think lerys is very much a middle ground map. Most of the time you don’t even need to use the pallets. Maybe that’s why you enjoy it as billy :) I will admit it’s a more challenging map for his chainsaw ability.
    It might be because survivors underestimate Billy on lerys. They think he can't use his power.
  • Tsulan said:
    HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:
    HeroLives said:
    Techn0 said:

    @YankeeSan said:
    3. Lery's Memorial is a great map, yall are just cowards

    YES. I AGREE. IT'S SUCH A FUN MAP FOR KILLERS (except billy and nurse.)

    I play survivor and Lerys is my favorite map hands down.
    Lerys is my second favorite map as Billy.
    I don't know why tho.
    I feel like it stops a lot of looping Bc it creates more space for juking. I think lerys is very much a middle ground map. Most of the time you don’t even need to use the pallets. Maybe that’s why you enjoy it as billy :) I will admit it’s a more challenging map for his chainsaw ability.
    It might be because survivors underestimate Billy on lerys. They think he can't use his power.
    Agreed as well. 
  • @HeroLives said:
    Freddy isn’t as weak as people try to make him out to be. They just aren’t using him right and harbor ptsd from his nerf four score and seven years ago. He has the lowest kill rate because people hardly ever play him. 

    Freddy may not be the weakest but, compared to the other killers, he's the most tedious to play as.

    I say this as a Freddy main.

  • Mc_Harty said:

    @HeroLives said:
    Freddy isn’t as weak as people try to make him out to be. They just aren’t using him right and harbor ptsd from his nerf four score and seven years ago. He has the lowest kill rate because people hardly ever play him. 

    Freddy may not be the weakest but, compared to the other killers, he's the most tedious to play as.

    I say this as a Freddy main.

    That’s why it’s important to run counter healing perks on him. It plays so much better in your favor. 
  • @HeroLives said:
    That’s why it’s important to run counter healing perks on him. It plays so much better in your favor. 

    Oh I agree.

    Sloppy Butcher is my favourite perk with him atm next to Bitter Murmur.

  • Mc_Harty said:

    @HeroLives said:
    That’s why it’s important to run counter healing perks on him. It plays so much better in your favor. 

    Oh I agree.

    Sloppy Butcher is my favourite perk with atm next to Bitter Murmur.

    Mix that with N. Calling on Freddy and survivors are crying please have mercy ! 
  • I like the game map!

  • BBQ&Chili has too much going for it and should see a change.

    • Bloodpoints, duh. No problem here.
    • Strong map awareness through its aura reading for all killers, basically a free chase for mobile killers unless the survivors are really far away or pull a good disappearing act.
    • Basically a superior whispers 2 every time you hook someone. Missing aura? You can't see them, but you know they're nearby. The guy on the hook doesn't even interfere with it (unlike with whispers), as this is a form of indirect tracking offered by BBQ&Chili being actively "countered" by survivors.

    I'm not even asking for the aura reading to be removed, or some weird solution where it's removed for Billy and Nurse. Something as simple as making the auras a frozen "snapshot" instead of 4 seconds of live aura reading would make counterplay way more interesting. You know which area the survivor is in, but they can immediately start relocating/hiding instead of having to mislead/juke for 4 seconds as you're already chainsawing towards their still visible, moving aura. Would still provide very powerful knowledge of where people are.

  • No perk should be see over 25-30% usage rate. This includes Ruin, SC, BBQC, SB, etc.
    It doesn't matter how balanced people think these perks are. Overused/meta = OP = stale game, and devs should adjust the game and/or perks directly.
  • My unpopular opinion: Clown and Hag is better Huntress and possibly Billy (hard to tell). Clown requires less precision and counters looping with his slow and Hag can mind game loops, simply place a trap down and if the survivor stays at the loop wait before teleporting to see if the survivor will vault back over the pallet/window not to mention you have bodyblocking Hag since Scarred Hand no longer slows you down it can block vaults and pallets. Huntress is mid tier.

  • Unpopular opinion: Killer players whining about Survivors being OP are just really bad at the game. They speak of these godlike unbeatable survivors, but I'm just not seeing it. The vast majority of my killer games are 3-4 kills, and I don't even run perks because playing killers is so easy for me. Nowhere near the amount of work I need to put into survivor to have a comparably good game.

  • Very unpopular opinion : The hatch is awesome and it should stay. 
  • Unpopular opinion: Borrowed Time is countered by doing the thing it's supposed to counter. Some guy's on a BT timer? Just tunnel them out of it!

  • @Dragonredking said:
    Fresh unpopular opinion

    The forum is better off without the down vote button

    People just treat the LOL button as a down vote button.

  • Unpopular opinion: Fredward is not the worst Killer in the game and he never was. It used to be Bubba, but that spot currently goes to the Legion.

  • The legion is a well balanced killer who can get downs like any other killer can and deep wounds is even slightly threatening.

  • The legion is a well balanced killer who can get downs like any other killer can and deep wounds is even slightly threatening.

    Go away troll xD
  • Lack of punishment for disconnects = neccesary evil

    Honestly I get into so many games with people where the connection is so bad I'm getting teleported around constantly and you can't even vault or use pallets because the game freezes if youbtry due to lag.

    Sometimes they have good ping on the lobby and it still happens.

    Like what are you meant to do at that point? There's literally no point playing. You can't defend yourself, you can't have fun.

    Sometimes you see the killer at the other side of the room swinging and you think "why on earth is he doing that?" Then a few seconds later your character drops down dead. Damn guess the killer has Jedi mind powers now.

    I mean rage quits are bad, but the idea of a 30 minute ban on every disconnect is unfair while the game has no dedicated servers.
  • Unpopular opinion: Killer is not nearly as hard as some claim it to be. Most survivors aren't that good and even the good ones can make mistakes or be put in situations where they have no options to escape (aka checkmate). Too many people still ######### about killer. Maybe a year ago killer was hard but nowadays it's really not. Just make good decisions, have a strong build, and take advantage of their mistakes when you can.

  • The game is better without perks.

1 2 3 ›