The Winners of the Cosmetic Contest

jgeE8Tq.png


I like the legion skin but the claudette I find.... slightly lack luster. Amazing art and all but I think the claudette one is a bit too normal for me imo, (This is just personal taste, I always loved outragous skins even if it is pay to lose) I would rather something that stands out alot more, ah well. Im betting it will be the next bunny feng


What are your all thoughts?

Comments

  • Looking at that claudette skin makes me realize I could have submited my own skin that i thought was too simple

  • @mottigedel said:

    well, it figured out how to make a hoodie for feng min, so why not for claudia this time, they must 've thought

    You get a hoodie, you get a hoodie everybody gets a hoodie !

  • That thong on claudette looks lit, can’t wait to have that skin 😍

    also, barefeet nea when? 🤤

  • I was hoping for froguette :(

  • the claudette artwork already looks boring, it will be even more dull ingame.

  • Seriously, name a claudette skin that actually looks cool compared to this. This outfit will be a refreshing take rather than the nerdy/trendy outfits she has. Might make me actually want to use Claude in games.

  • @Ghost_Face_Main said:

    Seriously, name a claudette skin that actually looks cool compared to this. This outfit will be a refreshing take rather than the nerdy/trendy outfits she has. Might make me actually want to use Claude in games.

    That's exactly how I feel, while Claudette does have a lot of skins there's hardly any cool or cute ones in all honesty imo. People would have complained if other skins would have won either way.

  • @LegionOfDumb said:

    The only thing that bugs me about Claudette's is the exposed thong. Claudette's a nerd, real nerds don't wear thongs, only fake nerd girls do it. Still a nice cosmetic tho

    Lol imagine thinking real nerds cant wear what they want to.

    Or even better, that someone is defined by what they wear.

    😆😆😂

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304666#Comment_1304666

    Agreed. In what world is sweatpants and a tank top with a jacket "orginal"?

    Ecactly. Frog suit? Original. Sweatpants? Every other person has a pair. Oh, shes, "street"? So was everyone else when san Andreas came out. Hell, TONS of people are STILL street, or using those skins in everything.


    It's not original at all. It's not bad art, but....that's what won? Clothes you can buy at walmart and an exposed thong?

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304272#Comment_1304272

    Lol imagine thinking real nerds cant wear what they want to.

    Or even better, that someone is defined by what they wear.

    😆😆😂

    I agree with your sentiment, I was more just making of fun of E-Girls with it. I also just thought it was funny that the character that explicitly gets a cosmetic like that is resident botany nerd, Claudette. It's like giving Dwight a shirtless cosmetic, it's strangely amusing to imagine.

  • @Veen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304254#Comment_1304254

    He's a blendette main.

    A bit disapointed for the survivor winner though, there were a lot of good designs my favorite was Pool Party Jeff, but they were a lot of good Yui skins too. At least it's not a Feng/Kate who won beside their incredible amount of submissions and plenty of Biker Kate recolors.

    For legion, (not that I'm glad Spirit didn't won (yes I'm)) With the amount of work the artist put in trough, it didnt surprised me at all.

    are you calling me a blendette main?

    Cause im anything but

  • @colelema9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304117#Comment_1304117

    It’s a fan submission, it’s not like it’s supposed to be canon to the character

    I wouldn't really say any of the outfits are canon. Vigo's Marauder, Vigo's Apprentice, and Vigo's Locksmith most likely are. Anything seen in the cutscenes is as well, but nothing else.

  • Honestly I'm really excited for both skins.

    For the Legion one this was definitely in my top 3 to win for Killers. The other two both being really cool designs for Susie ( I don't really have a stable look for Susie yet I'm not much of a fan of the pink hair) the other two killers I main Amanda and Demi are Licensed so I don't usually hold out much hope for cosmetics for them.

    I do hope they keep the face changing aspect of it but I doubt it because of limitations.

    But all in all I am very glad that the one that was chosen one also watching the Dev stream another one of my top 3 made it as a runner-up so that's also pretty good.

    It's really nice that leads and get some love. Fingers crossed they stay to the concept face-changing aspects including.


    As for the survivor

    I'm not a massive fan of Claudette but that has more to do with her character than this cosmetics.

    When it comes to survivors I main Min and Yui (Cheryl will be joining that list) so I'm disappointed that nothing for them got chosen however the concept for Claudette is amazing.

    I do like cosmetics that kind of break the mould of the character this one definitely feels nice and unique. Well I'm not too fond of the head with the hat I do really like the the normal head cosmetic and the cosmetic with the hood so hopefully we get one of those because I already have a look in mind for her.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I have to agree, no offence to the artist but when the devs said that the entries would be judged on originality, I didn't expect a cosmetic that consisted of sweatpants and a hoodie to win.

    Especially one that doesn't really have any connection her lore, either. That doesnt say: timid, botany-obsessed shut in... it says alleycat. That is Nea's Job...

  • Sucks that Legion won since very few actually play as them (I don't). Oh well. I don't buy cosmetics with money anyway.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1306935#Comment_1306935

    I wouldn't really say any of the outfits are canon. Vigo's Marauder, Vigo's Apprentice, and Vigo's Locksmith most likely are. Anything seen in the cutscenes is as well, but nothing else.

    Ehh some are. For example Janes recent fashion icon outfit suggests that she launched her own positive body image clothing line. That's totally something I can see her doing before she was taken by the entity.

    That's just one example from a Jane main, I'm sure there are more with other characters. Obviously not every outfit, but some.

  • Even though the Claudette skin, with the exception of the thong, is pretty meh, I don't think we should go down the full silly route of having Survivors dress up as frogs and alike.

    Whilst some season skins, like Dwight's elf costume, are acceptable,I think it would take away from the game's atmosphere having Jake dressed as a hotdog, Meg running around as a dolphin and Adam doing gens clad in a cactus costume.

    The Clown's elephant skin is great because it fits the character. The new Legion bunny skins also have a macabre comical element which actually works.

    I think the dev should rein in on having too much 'fancy dress' elements with Survivors. It'll end up looking like a New Year's Eve parade rather than 4 condemned souls desperately trying to survive.

  • Im a little disappointed that Hag outfit dudnt win. It was dooe af. But the legion ones not bad 😊

  • First off, congrats to the two winners, very talented and creative.

    By the looking at the previous winners, Behavior seems to want 1 design that's very detailed and complex and 1 that's very simple.

    The 2019 competition winners were Feng Min (very well detailed and had a lot of visual elements) and Mr Puddles ( a very simple funny outfit).

    Same applies here in 2020, they chose a visually compelling and extravagant Legion outfit and a very simple sweat pants and hoodie Claudette.

    No doubt next year, they're going to follow this precedent yet again. Of course BHVR has a lot on their hands and have a lot of tasks that demand their attention, which is probably the reason why they do this. But I wish they actually took the time to pick something truly unique and well thought out that follows the theme/characteristics of the character.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Even though the Claudette skin, with the exception of the thong, is pretty meh, I don't think we should go down the full silly route of having Survivors dress up as frogs and alike.

    Whilst some season skins, like Dwight's elf costume, are acceptable,I think it would take away from the game's atmosphere having Jake dressed as a hotdog, Meg running around as a dolphin and Adam doing gens clad in a cactus costume.

    The Clown's elephant skin is great because it fits the character. The new Legion bunny skins also have a macabre comical element which actually works.

    I think the dev should rein in on having too much 'fancy dress' elements with Survivors. It'll end up looking like a New Year's Eve parade rather than 4 condemned souls desperately trying to survive.

    I agree with all of this. Except for Dwights elf outfit. I hate it and will always hate it. Way too silly to see someone running that and immersion breaking for me.

    The other stuff you mentioned, yes makes total sense, like elephant clown. But elf Dwight is something I can't get behind and I hope they never release anything like it again.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309413#Comment_1309413

    Ehh some are. For example Janes recent fashion icon outfit suggests that she launched her own positive body image clothing line. That's totally something I can see her doing before she was taken by the entity.

    That's just one example from a Jane main, I'm sure there are more with other characters. Obviously not every outfit, but some.

    Yeah, rift stuff too. Dwight's Peak 22 outfit is obviously canon.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309571#Comment_1309571

    I agree with all of this. Except for Dwights elf outfit. I hate it and will always hate it. Way too silly to see someone running that and immersion breaking for me.

    The other stuff you mentioned, yes makes total sense, like elephant clown. But elf Dwight is something I can't get behind and I hope they never release anything like it again.

    Yeah I don't like the Dwight elf skin either. Hopefully it was a one off. They shouldn't go too over the top with season stuff either. Jumpers should be it.

    This is a game which involves horror, so it would be a real eye-ball roller to have 'Bobby Banana' or some other goofy skin mincing about the map. This is a DBD, not Fortnite.

    "We want shirtless Myers!" Stop. Stop right now.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309578#Comment_1309578

    Yeah I don't like the Dwight elf skin either. Hopefully it was a one off. They shouldn't go too over the top with season stuff either. Jumpers should be it.

    This is a game which involves horror, so it would be a real eye-ball roller to have 'Bobby Banana' or some other goofy skin mincing about the map. This is a DBD, not Fortnite.

    "We want shirtless Myers!" Stop. Stop right now.

    Exactly, made it even worse they made it avaliable with shards. At the very least make those silly cosmetics auric cells only.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Also I don't like Claudette in a g string. I don't think that fits her personality at all.

    I absolutely agree!! I even told the artist on the original post. But g string won. I was also displeased with the Jane concept that one. As fitting as it was, I was better ones. But that one I'm also bitter about bc my concept of Jane didn't win lmao

  • Lol at everyone here pissed cause their favorite art didn't win. I love that Claudette skin, and I will wear that thong proudly.

  • This content has been removed.
  • As if anyone using claudette would wear these cosmetics - they all use P3 or darkest clothing possible, not flashing outfits like this :/

  • Congrats with 2 winners.

    Can you make Yui skin too? this is fantastic real japanese biker costume at present.

  • I see everyone talking about how the thong doesn't fit Claudette (which i agree im really disappointed that this won). But has anyone thought for a second how will this actually look in game, with in game hair graphics and in game Claudette face? Awful, the art is rly nice and in a cute style but imagining that clothing on the Claudette we have in game just makes me laugh, just go take a look at her in game and image her with that.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304438#Comment_1304438

    Legion already has a skin that looks very similar. That was the first thing I noticed when I saw the submission.

    But hey, this is BHVR we're talking about.

    Ignore the safari hunter Deathslinger or wooden clock Wraith skin and choose the recycled skin instead.

    How unbelivably ungrateful, while I do agree the Claudette cosmetic is generic, the legion one is quite unique, they have no other cosmetic with face changing animation or that looks remotely similar to the one that won.

  • IMG-20200528-WA0000.jpg

    If you know, you know..

  • My thoughts on both is “Meh”.

    Claudette’s g string seems very raunchy and I agree with others that it doesn’t fit her personality.

  • Honestly I'm kinda disappointed about the Claudette cosmetic, it looks so simple.

  • Claudette's thong is showing so its a win for me lol

  • @mottigedel said:

    Also a note: they probably chose the outfits that were less difficult to make with this software. They must've thought what could be done with as little timem as possible.. tadaaa a hoddie for claudette, since we already figured out how to make one for Ming Linger

    That's absolutely not the case. Do you see how much detail is in NSS? They'll have to animate the mask, create a backpack full of weapons, I mean, that weapon alone is one of the most detailed weapons we've seen ingame. Just because the survivor skin is simple doesn't mean that they're copping out.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1304489#Comment_1304489

    How unbelivably ungrateful, while I do agree the Claudette cosmetic is generic, the legion one is quite unique, they have no other cosmetic with face changing animation or that looks remotely similar to the one that won.

    You can think what you want. Myself and others have agreed that the Legion skin is unoriginal.

    While I can respect the amount of work the artist put in creating the skin, it doesn't change my belief that the skin is a knock off.

    I would have preferred the devs pick a skin that is totally unique from what we got right now. The Jar Head Nurse cosmetic or Safari Hunter Deathslinger cosmetic were both way better skins. There were several other skins that looked a lot better as well.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    I can’t wait to wear both of these. Congratulations to both of the winners.

    same! i might just get legion for this!

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I have to agree, no offence to the artist but when the devs said that the entries would be judged on originality, I didn't expect a cosmetic that consisted of sweatpants and a hoodie to win.

    Claudette's outfits consist of..... how do i say this......... basic, basic, and more basic with a hint of blendette. I like Claudette, but the only good outfits she has are roving healer, belle of the ball, open day student and winter gala (without the hair because they did NOT do that right). The reason i like these skins is because they don't look super basic or like jeans with some basic dark shirt and ugly rainbow hair. it WASN'T my favorite, this was Claudette Morel - 【Who's going to hit my heart?】 — Dead By Daylight but i had a skin i preferred to the legion skin Peace keeper - Plague — Dead By Daylight either way, both winners are great but everyone has preferences

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    The devs have disappointed me twice in a row with these artwork contests.

    Whoever is in charge of deciding the winners just seems to ignore the really unique skins.

    This contest was even worse imo. Legion already has a skin that looks very similar.

    There were so many better and unique skins that people submitted.

    I guess the devs only judge skins that fall within a certain spectrum of acceptable concepts.

    Don't think I will look at the submissions next time they do this. Because I now know all the good skins will be ignored.

    you must not have seen the legion concept then. they made a preview video, did recolors, and made masks for most expressions (stunned, frenzy, normal, mori)

  • @Vampire said:

    They really should up the winners from 2 to 4 atleast

    i agree, there were so many entries that they were bound to get backlash, so it would have made sense to appease more people by doing 4 winners to make this anniversary extra special

  • @Science_Guy said:

    I'm much happier this time than I was last year. The Clown mascot outfit, I admit, was amazing when it was finally executed in game, but just from the submissions neither of last year's entries were impressive. The Legion one isn't my favorite but people were raving about it all over the place. And this wasn't my favorite of the Claudette entry, but I still like it a lot and I'm sure I'll use at least one of the pieces.

    same. the beauty of dbd is you can mix and match cosmetics so if you don't like a full cosmetic you can switch out a piece

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309822#Comment_1309822

    You can think what you want. Myself and others have agreed that the Legion skin is unoriginal.

    While I can respect the amount of work the artist put in creating the skin, it doesn't change my belief that the skin is a knock off.

    I would have preferred the devs pick a skin that is totally unique from what we got right now. The Jar Head Nurse cosmetic or Safari Hunter Deathslinger cosmetic were both way better skins. There were several other skins that looked a lot better as well.

    now your just pooping on the artist's parade

  • @Ghost_Face_Main said:

    Seriously, name a claudette skin that actually looks cool compared to this. This outfit will be a refreshing take rather than the nerdy/trendy outfits she has. Might make me actually want to use Claude in games.

    i agree! the only Claudette skins that i think are on this level are the roving healer and belle of the ball from the silk and gold collection.

  • @CelinaMy3rz said:

    Honestly I'm kinda disappointed about the Claudette cosmetic, it looks so simple.

    simple yet stylish 😎

  • @JephKaplan said:

    I see everyone talking about how the thong doesn't fit Claudette (which i agree im really disappointed that this won). But has anyone thought for a second how will this actually look in game, with in game hair graphics and in game Claudette face? Awful, the art is rly nice and in a cute style but imagining that clothing on the Claudette we have in game just makes me laugh, just go take a look at her in game and image her with that.

    actually, hair in that style looks better in game because it doesn't look like a dried mop like the other characters' hair

  • @Shi said:

    Congrats with 2 winners.

    Can you make Yui skin too? this is fantastic real japanese biker costume at present.

    You're one of the only people not being a dick to one or both skins, thanks!

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Even though the Claudette skin, with the exception of the thong, is pretty meh, I don't think we should go down the full silly route of having Survivors dress up as frogs and alike.

    Whilst some season skins, like Dwight's elf costume, are acceptable,I think it would take away from the game's atmosphere having Jake dressed as a hotdog, Meg running around as a dolphin and Adam doing gens clad in a cactus costume.

    The Clown's elephant skin is great because it fits the character. The new Legion bunny skins also have a macabre comical element which actually works.

    I think the dev should rein in on having too much 'fancy dress' elements with Survivors. It'll end up looking like a New Year's Eve parade rather than 4 condemned souls desperately trying to survive.

    ######### is this? The "Complain About Cosmetics" forum? If you like the outfit, you like the outfit. If you don't, you don't. Stop being so negative.

  • @mottigedel said:

    Also a note: they probably chose the outfits that were less difficult to make with this software. They must've thought what could be done with as little timem as possible.. tadaaa a hoddie for claudette, since we already figured out how to make one for Ming Linger

    Ming.... Linger?

  • @Han said:

    the claudette artwork already looks boring, it will be even more dull ingame.

    Okay, draw us an original outfit concept with actually good quality are douche-bag.

1 2 3