The Winners of the Cosmetic Contest

jgeE8Tq.png


I like the legion skin but the claudette I find.... slightly lack luster. Amazing art and all but I think the claudette one is a bit too normal for me imo, (This is just personal taste, I always loved outragous skins even if it is pay to lose) I would rather something that stands out alot more, ah well. Im betting it will be the next bunny feng


What are your all thoughts?

Comments

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1306950#Comment_1306950

    I really wanted that Medusa looking Plague to win if you saw that one. Can't believe it wasn't even a finalist. Or the lifeguard David.

    I just know you have a pair of Uggs lying around and a pair of paints saying juicy or something, basic ass hoe.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    The artwork is good, but they're not spectacular in terms of originality. The Clown elephant costume was. That was something eye-catching.

    Any way, well done to winners. Must feel very cool to have your creation featured in your favourite game 👍

    OMG, LOOK! Someone disagreeing without shitting on the artists!

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I like both Skins. Cant wait to see them ingame, hopefully the Claudette Skin will be able to be mixed with other Skins, because Claudette seems to have a big problem with mixing Skins so that it looks good (at least in my opinion).

    I am only a little bit disappointed about the Legion Skin, it looks great and is a well-deserved winner. However, Legion has already a lot of awesome Skins (possibily the Killer with the best Skins), and seeing something like Plague as the Winner would have been great (like Plague has some nice Skins as well, but they look very similar IMO).

    try the outfit roving healer, with the large walnut glasses head piece

  • @Nun_So_Vile said:

    Both outfits are fine to me, but of course everyone will have their favorites in the contest. If anything, I just think that having too colorful of clothing items on a survivor would make it easier for killer to see you if you're trying to be stealthy, so hopefully the version we get is also functional.

    Screenshot (140).png


  • Guys we probably all had outfits that we would have wanted to win and some but we didn't but can we have some respect for the people who put a lot of hard work into their designs.

    Just reading through the comments on this thread it makes me think how ungrateful is community could be sometimes the developers are actually giving us a chance to make some cosmetics for of favourite characters and people putting all their effort and you guys literally just try to tear them down.


    To the person going around calling the Legion design unoriginal and a rip-off seriously get your priorities together. It's actually an amazingly creative skin with a theme of a changing mask that I really hope they incorporate if you don't like it that's fine doesn't mean you need to sling unnecessary hatred on the person who made it can you imagine being the designer of this and just reading some of these comments.

    keep in mind this is coming from somebody who would rather have preferred the twisted innocence or come apart for Susie to win. However this design was definitely my third favourite out of all the killer side and massive props to the person made it if you're reading this ignore all the comments that are just trashing on you.

    As for the Claudette design it's nice honestly I like the designs that kind of subvert the initial stereotype of the survivors built around. It's nice to have the character have something else more unique in their cosmetic inventory rather than outfits that tend to just follow a certain theme. Get me wrong cosmetics that match the character are amazing but it is nice to get some subversion every now and then especially when you're someone who likes mix matching different cosmetics.


    Long and short of it these are some amazing designs and I'm really glad and happy that the creators managed to put a lot of work and effort into them. You guys did a really good job and I hope you pay more attention to the positive feedback than the unnecessary negative whining.

  • @Volfawott said:

    Guys we probably all had outfits that we would have wanted to win and some but we didn't but can we have some respect for the people who put a lot of hard work into their designs.

    Just reading through the comments on this thread it makes me think how ungrateful is community could be sometimes the developers are actually giving us a chance to make some cosmetics for of favourite characters and people putting all their effort and you guys literally just try to tear them down.

    To the person going around calling the Legion design unoriginal and a rip-off seriously get your priorities together. It's actually an amazingly creative skin with a theme of a changing mask that I really hope they incorporate if you don't like it that's fine doesn't mean you need to sling unnecessary hatred on the person who made it can you imagine being the designer of this and just reading some of these comments.

    keep in mind this is coming from somebody who would rather have preferred the twisted innocence or come apart for Susie to win. However this design was definitely my third favourite out of all the killer side and massive props to the person made it if you're reading this ignore all the comments that are just trashing on you.

    As for the Claudette design it's nice honestly I like the designs that kind of subvert the initial stereotype of the survivors built around. It's nice to have the character have something else more unique in their cosmetic inventory rather than outfits that tend to just follow a certain theme. Get me wrong cosmetics that match the character are amazing but it is nice to get some subversion every now and then especially when you're someone who likes mix matching different cosmetics.

    Long and short of it these are some amazing designs and I'm really glad and happy that the creators managed to put a lot of work and effort into them. You guys did a really good job and I hope you pay more attention to the positive feedback than the unnecessary negative whining.

    On the contrary, I see a lot of people here respecting the work and skill of the artists. And while I agree that the quality of artwork is subjective to each person’s point of view, there is common sense that can be applied here.

    For example, an “artist” can paint a bunch of lines with various colors on a canvas and call it “art”. While some may appreciate something like that, the majority of people would just call it simplistic, which would be a true statement. The winning Claudette skin is only original in the sense that it’s out of character for her. That outfit looks like a clone of the ones Nea or Meg already have with an exposed midriff.

    While the art itself is well-done, it hardly qualifies as an “original concept” like what the devs stated they were looking for in their contest rules.

    While the Legion is not my favorite character, the color-changing theme of the winning submission for this killer is actually original and therefore meets the criteria for the contest rules.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309822#Comment_1309822

    You can think what you want. Myself and others have agreed that the Legion skin is unoriginal.

    While I can respect the amount of work the artist put in creating the skin, it doesn't change my belief that the skin is a knock off.

    I would have preferred the devs pick a skin that is totally unique from what we got right now. The Jar Head Nurse cosmetic or Safari Hunter Deathslinger cosmetic were both way better skins. There were several other skins that looked a lot better as well.

    Damn, it's almost like... That's your opinion. And it seems to be a hugely unpopular one. How unfortunate...

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311673#Comment_1311673

    Damn, it's almost like... That's your opinion. And it seems to be a hugely unpopular one. How unfortunate...

    Wrong. Other people have expressed displeasure over this event.

    It doesn't take a genius to recognize the similarity in appearance between two skins.

  • I never said the cosmetic was bad. Just unoriginal.

    I can appreciate how much work went into that skin.

    Just wish the devs would have chosen a cosmetic that was unique.

    We could have had a safari hunter deathslinger or a wooden clock wraith skin (there were many more great skins as well).

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313870#Comment_1313870

    Wrong. Other people have expressed displeasure over this event.

    It doesn't take a genius to recognize the similarity in appearance between two skins.

    Other people who are in the minority. If you look at the submission page, it has over 9 pages of glowing accolades. The skin is immensely unique and just because it shares a slightly similar color scheme to this:

    image.png

    Makes it no way the same as this:

    image.png

    Literally, the only physical detail that the two cosmetics distinctly share is the choice of handle on the knife, which is a karambit. The mask is literally animated as opposed to a cloth bandana type mask, the characters are different (Joey in High-Vis, Frank in NSS), the skin has a backpack full of unique weapons, Frank has a leather jacket and tons of knick-knacks as opposed to Joey's neon-windbreaker. I could even go to the finer details like the printing and weathering of the hood, the use of police tape, the chains, even the SHOES.

    C'mon, now. You're just looking silly at this point. Just say you saw the black and teal color scheme of the two cosmetics and went "Oh, they're the same thing, how unoriginal!" without further comparison. They're not similar, stop preaching that they are.

  • I'm sad about the 2 skins, when I saw the huntress one, I wanted that skin, it was just so much better in everything but hey, can't always get what you want!

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313936#Comment_1313936

    Other people who are in the minority. If you look at the submission page, it has over 9 pages of glowing accolades. The skin is immensely unique and just because it shares a slightly similar color scheme to this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FK2OQ3FJ32Y8/image.png

    Makes it no way the same as this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UTFTY5FL6N7G/image.png

    Literally, the only physical detail that the two cosmetics distinctly share is the choice of handle on the knife, which is a karambit. The mask is literally animated as opposed to a cloth bandana type mask, the characters are different (Joey in High-Vis, Frank in NSS), the skin has a backpack full of unique weapons, Frank has a leather jacket and tons of knick-knacks as opposed to Joey's neon-windbreaker. I could even go to the finer details like the printing and weathering of the hood, the use of police tape, the chains, even the SHOES.

    C'mon, now. You're just looking silly at this point. Just say you saw the black and teal color scheme of the two cosmetics and went "Oh, they're the same thing, how unoriginal!" without further comparison. They're not similar, stop preaching that they are.

    Thanks for providing an easy comparison. And yes, both skins look similar. Same type of clothing and everything.

    People like this skin because it's just like his other skin but better lol.

    Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I would have chosen a skin with a totally unique concept. Something completely different than what is already in the game. Perhaps a safari hunter Deathslinger skin or wooden clock Wraith skin. Someone even submitted a Jar Head Nurse cosmetic. Those are unique skins!

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1313992#Comment_1313992

    Thanks for providing an easy comparison. And yes, both skins look similar. Same type of clothing and everything.

    People like this skin because it's just like his other skin but better lol.

    Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I would have chosen a skin with a totally unique concept. Something completely different than what is already in the game. Perhaps a safari hunter Deathslinger skin or wooden clock Wraith skin. Someone even submitted a Jar Head Nurse cosmetic. Those are unique skins!

    I literally pointed out how both skins are different from each other in great detail but, I mean, I guess you can't make the blind see. Maybe you'll get the skin you want next year, bud. 🤡

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314026#Comment_1314026

    I literally pointed out how both skins are different from each other in great detail but, I mean, I guess you can't make the blind see. Maybe you'll get the skin you want next year, bud. 🤡

    They are still the same articles of clothing lol. The jacket and mask are somewhat unique I admit.

    Still looks similar to his old skin.

    Compare the Jar Head Nurse skin to her other skins. I wonder which skin is more unique 🤡

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314040#Comment_1314040

    They are still the same articles of clothing lol. The jacket and mask are somewhat unique I admit.

    Still looks similar to his old skin.

    Compare the Jar Head Nurse skin to her other skins. I wonder which skin is more unique 🤡

    I'm not gonna keep going, at this point you're just being defensive and ignorant. Oh yeah, the mask and jacket are unique? You mean the two main features of the outfit? Well doesn't that make at least 75% of what the outfit is unique? I can't stand people like you. Grow up. 🤡

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309822#Comment_1309822

    You can think what you want. Myself and others have agreed that the Legion skin is unoriginal.

    While I can respect the amount of work the artist put in creating the skin, it doesn't change my belief that the skin is a knock off.

    I would have preferred the devs pick a skin that is totally unique from what we got right now. The Jar Head Nurse cosmetic or Safari Hunter Deathslinger cosmetic were both way better skins. There were several other skins that looked a lot better as well.

    Why is it a knockoff?

    I'm honestly asking, I don't play Legion, I don't care for Legion, I think he's the worst killer this game has ever seen.

    I'm just wondering. Thank you.

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314057#Comment_1314057

    I'm not gonna keep going, at this point you're just being defensive and ignorant. Oh yeah, the mask and jacket are unique? You mean the two main features of the outfit? Well doesn't that make at least 75% of what the outfit is unique? I can't stand people like you. Grow up. 🤡

    You're the one who engaged with me. I expressed perfectly valid criticism.

    Maybe keep that in mind before you insult someone.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311673#Comment_1311673

    Why is it a knockoff?

    I'm honestly asking, I don't play Legion, I don't care for Legion, I think he's the worse killer this game has ever seen.

    I'm just wondering. Thank you.

    "Knock off" might have been harsh language on my part. I used that word because both skins feature the same articles of clothing.

    I was expecting the devs to pick skins that were totally unique from what we have in the game now. But I guess not.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314110#Comment_1314110

    "Knock off" might have been harsh language on my part. I used that word because both skins feature the same articles of clothing.

    I was expecting the devs to pick skins that were totally unique from what we have in the game now. But I guess not.

    Gotcha!

    Someone mentioned JarHead Nurse and oh my God.

    JarHead Nurse was so unique.

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314098#Comment_1314098

    You're the one who engaged with me. I expressed perfectly valid criticism.

    Maybe keep that in mind before you insult someone.

    Sorry, you feel that way. It's just my opinion and I guess it's not okay for me to state that even though I saw you do the same... Sorry! 🤡

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314127#Comment_1314127

    Gotcha!

    Someone mentioned JarHead Nurse and oh my God.

    JarHead Nurse was so unique.

    I know, right? I actually didn't have a favorite because there were so many unique skins submitted.

  • @Mikeadatrix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314112#Comment_1314112

    Sorry, you feel that way. It's just my opinion and I guess it's not okay for me to state that even though I saw you do the same... Sorry! 🤡

    Thought you were done talking to me?

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314131#Comment_1314131

    I know, right? I actually didn't have a favorite because there were so many unique skins submitted.

    My favorite was Fibijean's. Lady of the Fallen.

    Hands down, Nurse with wings. I threw my money at my ######### monitor.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1314145#Comment_1314145

    My favorite was Fibijean's. Lady of the Fallen.

    Hands down, Nurse with wings. I threw my money at my ######### monitor.

    Yep, that one was well-designed and unique.

  • Claudette looks like one of those kids from the South Park "You just got served" dance troupe.

    "Let's see you daaaaaaance sucka, you ain't got nothing me..."

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Even though the Claudette skin, with the exception of the thong, is pretty meh, I don't think we should go down the full silly route of having Survivors dress up as frogs and alike.

    Whilst some season skins, like Dwight's elf costume, are acceptable,I think it would take away from the game's atmosphere having Jake dressed as a hotdog, Meg running around as a dolphin and Adam doing gens clad in a cactus costume.

    The Clown's elephant skin is great because it fits the character. The new Legion bunny skins also have a macabre comical element which actually works.

    I think the dev should rein in on having too much 'fancy dress' elements with Survivors. It'll end up looking like a New Year's Eve parade rather than 4 condemned souls desperately trying to survive.

    I agree on this, if you add something kinda cute and cuddly into a horror game it doesn't go well, so it was great that they were able to blend the two together in the game, plus what new bunny skins for Legion?

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309571#Comment_1309571

    I agree on this, if you add something kinda cute and cuddly into a horror game it doesn't go well, so it was great that they were able to blend the two together in the game, plus what new bunny skins for Legion?

    Apparently they're coming in a 4th anniversary event, 4 mascot rabbit costumes, each a different colour.

  • But the main question is when will it come out? These skins I mean

1 2 3 ›