If you DC

I have no sympathy for you. Learn to take an L. You don't get better if you win all the time. I've been bodied as both survivor and killer before, but I don't DC. I take the L, learn from it, and move on.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I have no sympathy for you. Learn to take an L. You don't get better if you win all the time. I've been bodied as both survivor and killer before, but I don't DC. I take the L, learn from it, and move on.

    What about if the killer slugs all four survivors and does not hook anyone and decides to just wait for everyone to bleedout. (Holding everyone hostage in the game longer basically.) And nobody has unbreakable.

  • @RavCav_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/154757/if-you-dc

    What about if the killer slugs all four survivors and does not hook anyone and decides to just wait for everyone to bleedout. (Holding everyone hostage in the game longer basically.) And nobody has unbreakable.

    It's not a hostage situation because you will die eventually. It's toxic, but you need to learn to just take a loss.

    Another perfect example of enabling this behavior.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297116#Comment_1297116

    It's not a hostage situation because you will die eventually. It's toxic, but you need to learn to just take a loss.

    Another perfect example of enabling this behavior.

    The problem is not so much taking a loss. It is the boredom of the loss having to take so long to happen. In professional chess matches and even trading card games, it is common for players to concede once they know the other player has won. It is just a way of taking your loss quickly and moving on.

  • @RavCav_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297118#Comment_1297118

    The problem is not so much taking a loss. It is the boredom of the loss having to take so long to happen. In professional chess matches and even trading card games, it is common for players to concede once they know the other player has won. It is just a way of taking your loss quickly and moving on.

    It's 4 minutes. Less time than waiting for the DC penalty. If you can stand the boredom of waiting for DC penalty you can stand the boredom of waiting to bleed out.

    CONCEDING a loss is an entirely different thing. If there was a button that would make you die, not DC, die, that's a concede option. But what we are talking about here is the chess player just getting up from their seat and walking away from the game.

    Conceding a game =/= rage quitting. People respect when someone concedes, they don't respect when someone pops off, pulls their controller, and walks out of the venue without even so much as a handshake.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297124#Comment_1297124

    It's 4 minutes. Less time than waiting for the DC penalty. If you can stand the boredom of waiting for DC penalty you can stand the boredom of waiting to bleed out.

    CONCEDING a loss is an entirely different thing. If there was a button that would make you die, not DC, die, that's a concede option. But what we are talking about here is the chess player just getting up from their seat and walking away from the game.

    Conceding a game =/= rage quitting. People respect when someone concedes, they don't respect when someone pops off, pulls their controller, and walks out of the venue without even so much as a handshake.

    I see what you mean. Maybe a team vote to concede on survivor side like in MOBA games would be a good idea.

  • Funny, your hypotheticals for situations that are suitable for DCing are just downright not.

    Who takes an L on a flaming PC/console?! Not me, I'll tell ya that much!

    Wife having a heart attack?! Chick, I'm tryna game here! Bug some loser who actually gives a damn!

    You know how I can tell you're a true gamer? The way you read these pathetic posers minds. You can shut down all these whiny arguments like, "My ping goes in the red, leaving me unable to play the game properly" and, "I have a life which sometimes intervenes with my time playing video games."

    IMPECABLE

    In all seriousness, you are delusional.

    The thought process behind, "You can't be serious! You don't play matches when you're at 300 ping?! Take the L like a real gamer!" is baffling. It's like you can't accept the fact that people play this game for fun, and playing matches in which your internet is pissing itself is the antithesis of fun.

    I take it back. I don't think you're delusional. I'm convinced you're a nuanced comedian and for that I applaud your dedication. Keep up the good work, champ! :,)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297115#Comment_1297115

    Sometimes the only way to leave a match is to DC because of said bug. This isn't a cop out. Or do you expect the player to sit there for six hours until something happens like their internet going out to end the pain for them and they are supposed to just sit there the entire time?

    Why should I be stuck waiting for a game to end for 5, 10 or 15 minutes? My time is valuable. A lot more valuable than blood points I might add. And I sure as hell am not going to sit there unable to play just because it makes you feel better that I am stuck, unable to play. Quit being entitled.

    Rarity of a bug doesn't mean they don't happen. Bugs don't run on a schedule, they happen, and can happen at any time, and still exist and effect people all the same, and many of them again, make the game unplayable and the only way to escape from them is to either DC, or sit there for 15 minutes unable to do anything. Sometimes the only option again, is to DC as the match won't end otherwise and if you don't then you're taking the killer hostage as well.

    Did this killer you are talking about come and tell you personally that the only reason he lost was because he got bugged and so he DCed, or are you again just trying to blindly stereotype and assume anyone who DCs who doesn't come to you and give you a whole written apology letter to you that they DCed because someone close to them was about to die?

    Also, what about when a killer gets stuck, and the survivors don't leave and hold them hostage? Should they just be forced to be stuck there for who knows how long? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? An hour? Never? Where do we draw this arbitrary line of yours before it's okay to DC and not be "a cop out"?

    If you're stuck in the game and the game doesn't end, you can DC. But those kinds of bugs are RARE. Most "I'm stuck bugs" will just mean you die as survivor or everyone escapes as killer. Sucks but it happens.

    You said you send "sorry for bad game" messages when they DC. THAT IS CALLED ENABLING. You are just reinforcing bad behavior because now they think it's okay to DC when they have a bad time. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You sympathizing for someone that quits just makes the problem worse.

    You want to villianize me for not being sympathetic yet you turn around and enable these people to just quit more and more and more. You see nothing wrong with this? Honestly?

    There are legit reasons to DC. Having a bad game is not one of them.

  • I don't DC but I know how to suicide against an unbalanced and unwinnable scenario. There is certain killers and/or addons that is 100% unwinnable unless you are in a 4man SWF coordinating a genrush, believe me. I am not wasting any time or entertaining anybody when a loss is imminent.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    Funny, your hypotheticals for situations that are suitable for DCing are just downright not.

    Who takes an L on a flaming PC/console?! Not me, I'll tell ya that much!

    Wife having a heart attack?! Chick, I'm tryna game here! Bug some loser who actually gives a damn!

    You know how I can tell you're a true gamer? The way you read these pathetic posers minds. You can shut down all these whiny arguments like, "My ping goes in the red, leaving me unable to play the game properly" and, "I have a life which sometimes intervenes with my time playing video games."

    IMPECABLE

    In all seriousness, you are delusional.

    The thought process behind, "You can't be serious! You don't play matches when you're at 300 ping?! Take the L like a real gamer!" is baffling. It's like you can't accept the fact that people play this game for fun, and playing matches in which your internet is pissing itself is the antithesis of fun.

    I take it back. I don't think you're delusional. I'm convinced you're a nuanced comedian and for that I applaud your dedication. Keep up the good work, champ! :,)

    Like I said if the "fun" argument were true then people wouldn't be compelled to leave when they are losing. Yet that is the case 98% of the time. The other 2% is actual legit reasons to DC. You can't sit there and tell me people play for fun when they DC at the drop of a hat for the lamest of reasons.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I have no sympathy for you. Learn to take an L. You don't get better if you win all the time. I've been bodied as both survivor and killer before, but I don't DC. I take the L, learn from it, and move on.

    *gets downed*...*Disconnects*

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297181#Comment_1297181

    Please explain to me how me saying "Sorry you had a bad game. Good luck in the next one." is me enabling people to DC?

    I'm not encouraging people to DC, I'm not telling people to go and do it, I'm not telling them it's okay to DC. I'm not patting them on the back for DCing.

    Deciding not to be an ######### to someone who DCs is not me enabling anything. That's simply me not being a dick. And if you think insulting someone who DCs is going to make them stop DCing, then you are woefully out of touch with society and how humans function when they are upset.

    From my experience, most people who rage quit feel bad about it when you treat them like another human-being as opposed to labeling them and treating them like garbage. At least on PC, anyway.

    I've made a couple friends that way. Turns out they were actually some pretty cool and chill people, not these salty loser jerks who habitually DC to avoid an L and will never learn to play the game. We all have bad games and we all have moments of weakness. Judging someone just for something like that is pretty unfair and is a pretty cynical outlook in general.

    Like I said in my first post, maybe you should learn some empathy. I'm not villianizing you. You claimed you have empathy, but what you confuse as "empathy" is more leaning towards entitlement than anything else.

    You however are the one who thus far have villainized people if they DC for any reason short of "someone near them is about to die". Those people who are just stuck, unable to play the leave so they leave. They're awful, awful salty losers who should just sit helplessly in a match, unable to play for 15 minutes of their maybe 1~2 hours of free time they have to play to earn that lovely 3k BP because you said so and have even tried to villianized me for having the audacity of treating other people who DC for whatever reason like they are human beings.

    "Deciding not to be an [BAD WORD] to someone who DCs is not me enabling anything. "

    Yes it is. It is exactly that. If they stayed through the whole game that was obviously frustrating for them THEN you should say "gg sorry for the bad game" or whatever. But when you do this after they DC you are just reinforcing the idea that it's okay to DC if they have a bad time. How can you not see this? It's basic psychology.

    And I'm not telling you to be a dbag to people that DC. I'm telling you to not endorse them DC'ing. IDK where you get off thinking I ever said to insult someone for DC'ing. I didn't ever say that. Stop putting words into my mouth.

    "I'm not villianizing you. "

    But you are. You're trying to insinuate that I'm encouraging people to be a dick to people that DC. No, I'm saying HAVE NO SYMPATHY for them. There is a difference, because if you give them sympathy they will just continue to DC in the future. At the same time I'm not going to sympathize for these players if someone decides to send them a nasty message for DC'ing. They brought it on themselves, first because of the mere act of DC'ing and second because they won't ever get better if they quit when things get tough.

    That fact you come out and say "have more empathy for these people that did a bad thing!" is villianizing me. Again I never said be a dick to people. But if you DC I'm not going to hold your hand and feel all bad for you about it or how others end up treating your for your behavior, because you don't deserve it.

    @Flyguy115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297077#Comment_1297077

    it's a lost cause , the dude is too stubborn to change.

    Hey look more enabling of DC's.

    Seriously you guys need to realize that people that DC are the problem and you won't solve it by encouraging it.

  • @Flyguy115 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297282#Comment_1297282

    yes because all those survivors that DCed during the two ish weeks of the basement falling bug are part of some problem 🙄🙄

    You guys keep bringing this irrelevant stuff that has nothing to do with the conversation to make me look like a villain. Read the first post again.

    If the game is bugged where you LITERALLY cannot play that is a different story. But nearly ALL DC's are because the person was mad they got outplayed or were about to lose. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THEM.

    Both of you continuously misrepresent my argument to make yourselves seem so virtuous for having empathy for people that don't deserve it. Only a small fraction of DC's are for legit reasons. The rest are people salty they lost. Tell me why you would defend this?

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297160#Comment_1297160

    Like I said if the "fun" argument were true then people wouldn't be compelled to leave when they are losing. Yet that is the case 98% of the time. The other 2% is actual legit reasons to DC. You can't sit there and tell me people play for fun when they DC at the drop of a hat for the lamest of reasons.

    There's that gamer insight I know and love. The kind of insight that can sniff out all the DCs as merely ragequiting and nothing else. Even the ones that aren't even taking place in his games! He's even got the stats to prove it!

    Alright, to be fair, you did include the 5% of burning hardware and dying wives out there. Mad respect for that one.

    But let's be reasonable for a minute here, gamer. If a hat drops, what am I supposed to do, not pick it up?! At a certain point, you gotta realize the severity of the situation.

    It's funny how I can't say people play for fun when a group of people rage quit on you occasionally. Hysterical, really. Although, I would recommend getting newer material. You can only try and freshen up this "supreme gamer" routine for so long before your bits end up becoming stale.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297197#Comment_1297197

    There's that gamer insight I know and love. The kind of insight that can sniff out all the DCs as merely ragequiting and nothing else. Even the ones that aren't even taking place in his games! He's even got the stats to prove it!

    Alright, to be fair, you did include the 5% of burning hardware and dying wives out there. Mad respect for that one.

    But let's be reasonable for a minute here, gamer. If a hat drops, what am I supposed to do, not pick it up?! At a certain point, you gotta realize the severity of the situation.

    It's funny how I can't say people play for fun when a group of people rage quit on you occasionally. Hysterical, really. Although, I would recommend getting newer material. You can only try and freshen up this "supreme gamer" routine for so long before your bits end up becoming stale.

    It's pretty easy to tell when someone DC's because they got outplayed or about to lose. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. I've seen killers DC when they were winning, pretty sure those aren't salty ragequits. But when I pallet save someone and then the killer loses track of them and 2 gens pop and they stop moving, you can BET that is a ragequit.

    "It's funny how I can't say people play for fun when a group of people rage quit on you occasionally."

    When people rage quit after getting outplayed, they can't say "muh fun" as an argument. That's pure salt and you know that. If people played for fun they wouldn't care so much about losing that they leave the game the moment things start going downhill.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297282#Comment_1297282

    You know I find it pretty funny how you are apparently being offended that I'm villianizing you, when you are the one who is demanding that anyone, ANYONE who DCs for any reason beyond what you deem as "justfiable" as being a rage quitter.

    If it's not nice for you to allegedly be "villianized", maybe you should stop doing it to other people. Just some food for thought.

    If you rage quit because you are salty you lost then you don't deserve sympathy.

    How is this statement so hard to misconstrue?

    I never villainized them. I never said "send these people hate messages they are awful people". I merely said that they don't deserve sympathy, like the kind you give them because "they had a bad game" for the sole reason that it simply encourages them to DC any time they are losing.

    But then you come in here, misrepresent my argument ENTIRELY and say I should have more empathy for players that behave badly. So yea, it's a little offensive when you are doing to me what I'm not actually doing to other people.

    Almost like you have some kind of agenda against me in particular. Then you get others to rally against me. Sounds like bullying, does it not? Where is your empathy now?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297342#Comment_1297342

    You mean the part where I said what if I DC for <Insert numerous reasons because of bugs here> and you responded with:

    If the game bugs that sucks but if you DC that's a cop out.

    Again, according to you, if I DC due to a bug that completely destroys the game for me, I'm just a loser who rage quit and should have stayed in a broken game where I could learn to get some skill -- somehow. That was the answer I was given and what you've given to others.

    And to that, I say: "No I'm not a loser who rage quit." I left due to a bug -- not because I was about to lose. And you don't get to dictate what I, or anyone else is, if the reason for quitting doesn't fit your fictional rulebook. Sorry, but I'm not going to learn to "get better" if the game's performance becomes so bad that my controls are physically not responding, and I'm certainly wasting my time sitting there in a non-playable game when I could leave the game, and then fix said problem. You can say I'm making excuses all you want. At the end of the day, that's just you stereotyping. You don't actually know why, and even when given a reason, you still decree "No, you did this for this reason because I said so" which, sorry, that ain't going to fly with me.

    This doesn't make me a rage quitter. It makes me someone who quit the game, because there was a technical problem with said game that made playing the game properly impossible.

    Now I'm not going to leave because I can't repair one side of a generator or something small like that, but if it seriously impacts my ability to play the game like not being able to blink as Nurse, I'm going to leave. I don't have to be forced to stay in a broken match. That's BHVRs responsibility to fix and not my responsibility to have to deal with it and according to the rules of the game, I am fully within my right to leave the match, as I try my best to leave as few matches as possible and am not excessively DCing.

    If me having that stance is somehow "bullying you" and "rallying others against you" (I've rallied nobody by the way -- they just have the same opinion as I do that people aren't salty rage quitters if they leave because there's a multitude of reasons why someone may leave a game besides avoiding a loss), then uh, you need to get a thicker skin, I guess? Don't know what to say to this, to be honest. You posted your opinion on an open forum. Prepare to have people not agree with you.

    I may not like you and we've butted heads a few times already, but me not liking you is not the same as me hating you, and I certainly do not care to bully you. "Hate" is a strong word, and the amount of people I've actually "hated" in my life I can count on both hands and one of feet.

    Fair enough, I take it back. Like I said to someone else though, if it's a literal GAME BREAKING bug then it's not a cop out. But people will use ANY excuse to DC, so if they get stuck for a few seconds or experience a minor amount of lag and DC, THAT is the cop out. And when you sympathize for every little thing that happens to a player they will find more and more reasons to DC. Give an inch they take a mile. That is the problem here, and when 99% of DC's are clearly from losing/being outplayed then it's a valid argument to say "deal with it" because otherwise you just enable this bad behavior to continue. No every bug is game breaking, and in fact majority of them are not. And don't take that as "it never happens" because that's not what I'm saying.

    And again I never mentioned any of this in my first post. I'm talking most strictly about people that DC because they are losing. IDGAF how much it sucks, if you DC because you are losing then you should get no sympathy.

    The reason I replied to you as I did is because you misconstrue my entire argument. You put words into my mouth about things I wasn't even referring to. This isn't the first time you've done this either. It's been an ongoing thing. I say one thing, you twist it and say I said some other thing or bring up something irrelevant to the conversation. Respond to the actual arguments people make.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297314#Comment_1297314

    It's pretty easy to tell when someone DC's because they got outplayed or about to lose. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. I've seen killers DC when they were winning, pretty sure those aren't salty ragequits. But when I pallet save someone and then the killer loses track of them and 2 gens pop and they stop moving, you can BET that is a ragequit.

    "It's funny how I can't say people play for fun when a group of people rage quit on you occasionally."

    When people rage quit after getting outplayed, they can't say "muh fun" as an argument. That's pure salt and you know that. If people played for fun they wouldn't care so much about losing that they leave the game the moment things start going downhill.

    If I recall correctly, you named this post "If you DC" not "If you ragequit"

    Also, don't go roping in all the rocket scientists into your argument, you're makin em look bad.

    "You can't sit there and tell me people play for fun when they DC at the drop of a hat for the lamest of reasons."

    My comment about finding humor in you saying I can't claim people are playing for fun when people ragequit against you occasionally wasn't me saying that obvious ragequitting isn't obvious. It was me pointing out how you seem to just outright omit the possibility that not every DC is to save face. Notice you using the word "they" instead of "people." Makes it out like I'm defending ragequits when I'm simply telling you not every DC is necessarily due to someone's irrational phobia of a poor results screen. It's possible for people to have internet issues. It's possible for people to be interrupted by real life issues. It's possible for people to prioritize not playing through a match due to these things over your lil video game.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297323#Comment_1297323

    If I recall correctly, you named this post "If you DC" not "If you ragequit"

    Also, don't go roping in all the rocket scientists into your argument, you're makin em look bad.

    "You can't sit there and tell me people play for fun when they DC at the drop of a hat for the lamest of reasons."

    My comment about finding humor in you saying I can't claim people are playing for fun when people ragequit against you occasionally wasn't me saying that obvious ragequitting isn't obvious. It was me pointing out how you seem to just outright omit the possibility that not every DC is to save face. Notice you using the word "they" instead of "people." Makes it out like I'm defending ragequits when I'm simply telling you not every DC is necessarily due to someone's irrational phobia of a poor results screen. It's possible for people to have internet issues. It's possible for people to be interrupted by real life issues. It's possible for people to prioritize not playing through a match due to these things over your lil video game.

    "Makes it out like I'm defending ragequits when I'm simply telling you not every DC is necessarily due to someone's irrational phobia of a poor results screen."

    Except that's exactly what it is almost every time and that you can easily tell that. The amount of people that DC for legit reasons is VERY VERY LOW.

  • I think it's nice that we have DC penalties in a pandemic where everyone is using their internet. Just got DDOS'ed by some angry kids and now I'm facing a DC penalty. Oh, your internet hiccuped? Guess your waiting 30 minutes. Ahhh ok, so you didn't mean to click outside of your game and then click back only to accidently hit the X button to close said window... Guess you can play it again in about 2 hours... A DC penalty is nice, a progressing DC penalty isn't. Please at the very least bring this stuff to light and help these admins know that after being disconnected for real 2-3 times in 24 hours I'm not ok with waiting 30 minutes to an hour to play one game and neither should you all.


    Am I saying I want actual dc's to to unpunished? No, they deserve to be punished. But we don't if it's a legitimate issue with our service provider or systems

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297373#Comment_1297373

    "Makes it out like I'm defending ragequits when I'm simply telling you not every DC is necessarily due to someone's irrational phobia of a poor results screen."

    Except that's exactly what it is almost every time and that you can easily tell that. The amount of people that DC for legit reasons is VERY VERY LOW.

    And ya know what, I'd agree with you if it weren't for your dismissive replies to people telling you they DC every so often due to anything other than a life-threatening incident. Hits close to home as someone whose best available option due to where I live is a max 10 Mb in a household where I'm not the only person using the internet. Occasionally my green ping from the pregame lobby turns to a consistent red ping indicator finding a home at the top left of my screen before I find the first survivor.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296917#Comment_1296917

    If you DC you are a coward. IDC what game you are playing or the level of competitiveness. It's a cop out, a psychological defense mechanism. If you can't even finish a NON-competitive match in a video game with no actual reward, that's honestly pretty sad. You're whole argument is bass ackwards because if it's non-competitive then it shouldn't matter what happens and therefore you shouldn't feel the need to DC.

    People DC to avoid admitting to themselves "I lost". Validating any reason to DC that's not an actual emergency is just enabling that behavior and makes it worse.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296922#Comment_1296922

    No bait. Use the experience to learn something, test something, don't just give up. By doing that you just make it easier to come up with an excuse in the future. Next time maybe you get a single lag spike that gets you hit, not even caught just hit, and then you could have kept playing but nope, I lag = DC.

    Its not that serious tbh.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297382#Comment_1297382

    And ya know what, I'd agree with you if it weren't for your dismissive replies to people telling you they DC every so often due to anything other than a life-threatening incident. Hits close to home as someone whose best available option due to where I live is a max 10 Mb in a household where I'm not the only person using the internet. Occasionally my green ping from the pregame lobby turns to a consistent red ping indicator finding a home at the top left of my screen before I find the first survivor.

    TBH you shouldn't be playing games online if your connection is that bad. Harsh but your just ruining the game for everyone you play with.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297382#Comment_1297382

    And ya know what, I'd agree with you if it weren't for your dismissive replies to people telling you they DC every so often due to anything other than a life-threatening incident. Hits close to home as someone whose best available option due to where I live is a max 10 Mb in a household where I'm not the only person using the internet. Occasionally my green ping from the pregame lobby turns to a consistent red ping indicator finding a home at the top left of my screen before I find the first survivor.

    A decent internet connection is a requirement for online games just as much as any piece of hardware.

  • It's like a slug: get a salty and they're gone, Withered away.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296734#Comment_1296734

    Sorry not a valid excuse. Unless it's an actual emergency like your kid just cut their finger off, take the L. It sucks when ######### like that happens but it's not enough to validate a DC. Just do what you can, play out the match, and accept that you lost. It's cowardly to back out of a game like that.

    Im sorry what? Its cowardly to leave the game only if its an emergency? Are you a teacher? I paid as much money as you for this game and if something happens like it starts lagging or framerates im going to leave. Thats actually sad you think like that

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296780#Comment_1296780

    Still not a reason to DC. Go AFK or at least do your best. The only technical issue where it's acceptable to DC is if your PC/Xbox/PS is on fire.

    Yup, im gonna close out the game before grabbing a fire extinguisher, lol

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297105#Comment_1297105

    If the game bugs that sucks but if you DC that's a cop out.

    Having an emergency is a legit reason to leave because you have to.

    But if the game bugs out then oh well. It sucks but ######### happens. Might as well just take your BP and take the death/loss. You're just giving people more reasons to leave, because not every bug will make you get stuck. Those are actually quite rare compared to all the other bugs in the game. I've seen killers get stuck checking a locker when the game was basically over anyway and they DC. What is the point of this if the game is going to end soon anyway? You do it to say "well I only lost because I got bugged" when in fact you lost because you lost and then just conveniently got bugged and used it as an excuse to justify leaving, which then makes it easier to make such an excuse in the future.

    Please. Never be in my lobby ever. I mean ever. Espically since you take the game this seriously i really hope this is just a bait.

  • @dollidahlia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297115#Comment_1297115

    Please. Never be in my lobby ever. I mean ever. Espically since you take the game this seriously i really hope this is just a bait.

    I take the game seriously to the point that I'm not going to quit because I'm a sore loser. That's something children do.

    Likewise I don't want you in my lobby if you are going to DC when you get downed in the first 20 seconds of the game by a killer you don't like only to blame it on something else to avoid admitting you got outplayed.

    @dollidahlia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296743#Comment_1296743

    Im sorry what? Its cowardly to leave the game only if its an emergency? Are you a teacher? I paid as much money as you for this game and if something happens like it starts lagging or framerates im going to leave. Thats actually sad you think like that

    The fact you paid money doesn't give you the right to ruin the game for other people. I paid money for it too you know.

  • I d/c or go AFK when I get dedicated. Not sure why should I play vs a cheater (yeah lag is an unfair advantage). One of the best ways to deal with cheaters in every game is to make them bored.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296780#Comment_1296780

    Still not a reason to DC. Go AFK or at least do your best. The only technical issue where it's acceptable to DC is if your PC/Xbox/PS is on fire.

    And have a horrible experience? No, It's better to fix it. That's common sense. You're probably mad that someone DC'd in your games and you depipped or something. There are some cases where people SHOULD DC. It's common sense to sometimes.

  • @Ghostwithaface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296780#Comment_1296780

    Yeah if frame rates are super low. It's doubtful they will be able to properly play. If they are a survivor, might be more akin to a meat shield more than anything else. Which i did come across a survivor, they didn't dc but they were suffering from bad ping. To the point they were unable to really move very well and couldn't even heal themselves with a med kit, due to how bad their ping was. Which well i figure frame rate issues would be the same. Since anyone who has played a video game and suffer frame rate lost, can know just how massively it can effect you, if the frame rates become super low. It can become more of a slideshow, rather than a video game. If the player is the killer suffering from these issues, i don't think the survivors will have much of a challenge. It will be more of a hold m1 at gens for a majority of the game. Where a survivor might be little more than a meat shield and won't be able to do much for their team. That and since people might be unaware of their issues, might end up risking their lives trying to save them from hook or taking protection hits for them, when due to how bad their frame rates are, they are running into walls all the time or keep getting jumped forward or backwards in time.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296800#Comment_1296800

    Yeah if someone dcs near the start of the game. Which i seen happen from time to time. I normally give them the benefit of the doubt, that it was due to their connection or something. That or when i see them running in place or seeming to take forever to cleanse a totem. Making me think, yeah that was connection issues right there. Heck sometimes my game crashes, when i was winning the match. It doesn't happen often, just every once in awhile. Which is when i restart my computer and that fixes the crashing issue for some reason. Since i know if i keep playing after getting a crash, the game just has a habit of crashing again on me, until i restart my computer to fix the issue. Than it just smooth sailing for awhile.

    That and i think Monto got stuck in a game as wraith not long ago. Due to some bug where the game didn't count a survivors as dead, even when the end game timer reach zero, he was still stuck in the game. He won the game but he was still stuck in it. So he had no other choice but to dc from a game he won. That and there was one video where i recall Ozt dcing, due to the last survivor unhooking themselves in the basement. I think that was for more of gag but i recall the dcing screen, going you admit to losing and that you give up the match. So by dcing, someone has already they admitted they lost the match. So they have already taken the L as the op likes to put it, if they choose to willing dc and it's not due to forces outside their own control.

    Which lately, i seen a fair few in game talk about how bad ping has been lately, that it seems to be higher than normal for some reason. So it could be a fair few have been suffering from connection issues or maybe it';s something with the servers. Not really sure.

    Looks like OP had a bad game where people DC'd. :3

  • If you're playing pink addon huntress you can bet your ass that im gonna alt+f4 :)

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297477#Comment_1297477

    I take the game seriously to the point that I'm not going to quit because I'm a sore loser. That's something children do.

    Likewise I don't want you in my lobby if you are going to DC when you get downed in the first 20 seconds of the game by a killer you don't like only to blame it on something else to avoid admitting you got outplayed.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297467#Comment_1297467

    The fact you paid money doesn't give you the right to ruin the game for other people. I paid money for it too you know.

    You in my lobby already ruined my game. You're not going to dicdate what i do unless you force me to go afk. If i got something to do i got something to do, life is way more important than this game. Do me a favor and hush mode

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I have sympathy for someone if they explain their reasoning in post-game chat; for example I had a killer a while back dc because they were testing a new monitor and their framerate tanked. Also had people disconnect because their ping was too high for too long (killers and survivors). They stayed around till the end to explain then stopped playing for the immidiate future.

    But if you disconnect because you're angry, or because you got rofl stomped, then I lose all sympathy for you. Some people have reasons to disconnect, you don't.

    He should've tested that monitor in one of the millions of single player games out there. No excuse. No sympathy.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297405#Comment_1297405

    TBH you shouldn't be playing games online if your connection is that bad. Harsh but your just ruining the game for everyone you play with.

    If my internet goes haywire, I quit for the day as to not affect anyone else's gameplay. The connection's enough to keep me at 80 ping for majority of my games, but there's always gonna be the pregame lobby where I see my 300 ping and call it a day.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297405#Comment_1297405

    A decent internet connection is a requirement for online games just as much as any piece of hardware.

    Funny, I'm still able to start the game up, even with my relatively subpar internet. Guess the requirement's pretty loose.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297425#Comment_1297425

    Funny, I'm still able to start the game up, even with my relatively subpar internet. Guess the requirement's pretty loose.

    It's almost like the lobby isn't the actual online multiplayer game or something.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298238#Comment_1298238

    It's almost like the lobby isn't the actual online multiplayer game or something.

    #########, really?

    I've just been downing and hooking survivors in the lobby?! Talk about innovative game design!

  • Write down DCers gamertags, they are up for tunneling/facecamping! When I play survivor and these people ruin my game I will pay them back as killer if I get the chance.

  • i dc when i get boosted teamamtes or when the killer is hitting from china (not always but sometimes i do if the first reason is fullfiled and we are losing because im literally doing 2 to 3 gen chases and no one is doign anything, to that point ill dc, thats the reason why i dont play solo anymore)


    from killer? i never dc as killer except if someone is hacking.

  • Just say no to DCing

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296832#Comment_1296832

    And have a horrible experience? No, It's better to fix it. That's common sense. You're probably mad that someone DC'd in your games and you depipped or something. There are some cases where people SHOULD DC. It's common sense to sometimes.

    Suck it up and just play. Is it really that big of a deal if your frame rate is dropping or you are lagging to finish a game? I had a game about 2 weeks ago where I got stuck hooking someone as Billy. I would have won that game. But I didn't DC I just went AFK until they all left which was about 3 minutes (less than the time of the DC penalty), plus I got to keep my BP and credit for my dailies. IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL. Just stay in the game and take the L. Leaving like that is honestly just an excuse to avoid feeling like you lost. "I didn't actually lose that game, I had bad frame rate/lag and DC'd so it doesn't count. My EGO is still intact." That's basically what's happening.

    This besides the fact that, as I've mentioned, 98% of DC's are because the person is salty they lost. The amount of people that DC for technical or real life issues is FAR OUTPACED by the amount of people that DC because they are mad they got beat. And by saying "well these are legit reasons to DC" just enables people to DC even more for similar but less extreme reasons. Give an inch they take a mile.

    Yea when you get 5 games in a row where the killer DC's when they got outplayed it's a little ridiculous. Then people here DEFEND THIS BEHAVIOR like seriously? There is no reason to defend these people. Legit unbelievable you guys support them. No wonder this game has such a massive issue with DC's despite penalties.

  • @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297420#Comment_1297420

    If my internet goes haywire, I quit for the day as to not affect anyone else's gameplay. The connection's enough to keep me at 80 ping for majority of my games, but there's always gonna be the pregame lobby where I see my 300 ping and call it a day.

    Pre-game lobby that's fine. But if you go into a game and suddenly your ping drops, just play out the game else you are ruining the game for 4 other people. Sorry but your fun does not surpass the fun of 4 other players.

  • Classic example of "I don't feel the need to do it, so you shouldn't do it either!"

  • @chase131119 said:

    Classic example of "I don't feel the need to do it, so you shouldn't do it either!"

    More like "stop being a child and learn to take a loss".

    The amount of people in this thread defending DC's is baffling.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298480#Comment_1298480

    More like "stop being a child and learn to take a loss".

    The amount of people in this thread defending DC's is baffling.

    If my internet suddenly drops and I have a ping of 400, you can bet your ass I'm DCing. If I get a bug that prevents me from playing how I want to then you can bet I'm DCing.

    It's a game, I'm meant to have an enjoyable experience and if technical or game errors is getting in the way of that then I will DC. It's not me "rage quitting" or "trying to not lose". If I'm not having an enjoyable experience then I'm going to DC and fix that problem.

  • I personally DC for a very small amount of reasons.

    1. AFK Killer. Sorry it's boring and not worth my time. I'm here to test my skills not be handed a win.

    2. If there is a legit emergency like someone is going to the hospital, or something like that.

    3. If everyone is AFK. Rare but it's happened to me a few times since I started in 2018. If I can't play a match because no one else is doing anything? Bye.

    4. When the game DCs me. This has been happening a lot since the newest update... don't know why. I went from September of last year when it came out for switch until this past month without a single forced DC and now suddenly im getting enough to get a thirty minute ban? Ouch. (I legitimately stopped playing for three days)

  • yes, my game crashing or me getting stuck due to a bug means I have to “take the L”.


    I have to go do something important like help my father out with something important so I have to DC means I have to “take the L”


    If I cannot play the game because the match is unplayable like rubber band or immense lag that is not in my control that means I have to “Take the L”



    let me tell you something real quickly. THIS BLOODY GAME IS FAR FROM COMPETITIVE, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY THIS GAME IS GONNA BE AS CASUAL AS IT GETS. Rank literally means nothing right now, the glitches are practically enough to where it just isn’t fun. Nobody can control if they are forced to leave a game or not, it just happens.


    The DC penalty exists to help with this, if you have to do something the penalty won’t punish you whatsoever. I’ve had matches as killer where someone DC’d and I still got rekt’d so don’t try to hit me with the echo chamber of “3v1 isn’t fair” and before the match cancel was added I won as survivor in a 2v1 situation.


    This is coming from a veteran at this game, I have played both sides equally ever since I joined this community.


    and before you try and hit me with the “How is this game unplayable” thing

    0B02DEAD-4474-4DAE-ACDB-02A3AEBBD705.jpeg


    I’ve found this to be more playable


    DBD right now is in its worse state I have seen since the lunar year event for Hound huntress and Jacket David, people will be forced to DC.

  • I saw a comment on youtube i like, ontop of the normal DC penalty, all earned bloodpoints should go to the other side, survivor looses all earned bloodpoints toward the killer and killer looses his bloodpoints to the 4 survivors

  • @chase131119 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298485#Comment_1298485

    If my internet suddenly drops and I have a ping of 400, you can bet your ass I'm DCing. If I get a bug that prevents me from playing how I want to then you can bet I'm DCing.

    It's a game, I'm meant to have an enjoyable experience and if technical or game errors is getting in the way of that then I will DC. It's not me "rage quitting" or "trying to not lose". If I'm not having an enjoyable experience then I'm going to DC and fix that problem.

    So then it's totally fine you screw up that "enjoyable experience" for 4 other players instead of just toughing it out for what, 10 minutes AT MOST before fixing it?

    Talk about selfish.

1 2 3