If you DC

I have no sympathy for you. Learn to take an L. You don't get better if you win all the time. I've been bodied as both survivor and killer before, but I don't DC. I take the L, learn from it, and move on.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I dont think anyone has sympathy for dcers since we all hate them

  • I have sympathy for someone if they explain their reasoning in post-game chat; for example I had a killer a while back dc because they were testing a new monitor and their framerate tanked. Also had people disconnect because their ping was too high for too long (killers and survivors). They stayed around till the end to explain then stopped playing for the immidiate future.

    But if you disconnect because you're angry, or because you got rofl stomped, then I lose all sympathy for you. Some people have reasons to disconnect, you don't.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I have sympathy for someone if they explain their reasoning in post-game chat; for example I had a killer a while back dc because they were testing a new monitor and their framerate tanked. Also had people disconnect because their ping was too high for too long (killers and survivors). They stayed around till the end to explain then stopped playing for the immidiate future.

    But if you disconnect because you're angry, or because you got rofl stomped, then I lose all sympathy for you. Some people have reasons to disconnect, you don't.

    Sorry not a valid excuse. Unless it's an actual emergency like your kid just cut their finger off, take the L. It sucks when ######### like that happens but it's not enough to validate a DC. Just do what you can, play out the match, and accept that you lost. It's cowardly to back out of a game like that.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    I dont think anyone has sympathy for dcers since we all hate them

    This^^

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296734#Comment_1296734

    Sorry not a valid excuse. Unless it's an actual emergency like your kid just cut their finger off, take the L. It sucks when ######### like that happens but it's not enough to validate a DC. Just do what you can, play out the match, and accept that you lost. It's cowardly to back out of a game like that.

    If their framerate tanked, then how could they keep playing? It'd be too difficult to play since they aint used to it, so it's best to leave the match and sort out the issue.

    Aside from reasons like that, people who DC are horrible.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296734#Comment_1296734

    Sorry not a valid excuse. Unless it's an actual emergency like your kid just cut their finger off, take the L. It sucks when ######### like that happens but it's not enough to validate a DC. Just do what you can, play out the match, and accept that you lost. It's cowardly to back out of a game like that.

    Last game I played was a lagfest, my internet connection was the same internet connection I've been using for the past couple of months, so I wouldn't have known this would've happened, but I'm pretty sure the people I was playing against did not have a fun time.

    Those are the only times I DC, when I ACTUALLY can't play the game and potentially ruin it for everyone. Currently trying to fix the issue right now and I haven't played a game since knowing my Internet could tank at any minute and ruin the game for everyone.

    I accept that I lost that match, but do I want to stay in a game where everyone else is not having fun because I as a Killer is experiencing Connectivity issues? No, of course not, they're better off finding another match while I take a break from DBD and fix it for a while. That would be the same if that person's framerate is tanking. They would not be able to actually play the game.

    I understand disliking people who DC when they get outplayed or outmatched, because that sort of feeling is understandable and frustrating. Some people just want to play the game, and DCers like that ruin it for everyone. I don't like it myself when people DC in my games, it takes away sacrifice points for me and it can potentially ruin the entire team. I had a Claudette DC on me because I hit het while flashlight blinded. She was your usual cocky Survivor type while I was going for an Adept, which is why I didn't give the other Survivors any mercy (Still working towards that Adept)

    Some DCs are warranted, and those who have warranted reasons won't be complaining that they have 24 hours worth of matchmaking bans under their belt. People who actively DC are the ones complaining, and they should be the focus of your iire, not people who actually has valid reasons, no matter how small, to disconnect from the game.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296743#Comment_1296743

    If their framerate tanked, then how could they keep playing? It'd be too difficult to play since they aint used to it, so it's best to leave the match and sort out the issue.

    Aside from reasons like that, people who DC are horrible.

    Still not a reason to DC. Go AFK or at least do your best. The only technical issue where it's acceptable to DC is if your PC/Xbox/PS is on fire.

  • While I agree with you someone that DC's doesn't actually care what you, me, or anyone else thinks about it. If they did they wouldn't do it. That's why they implemented punitive measures for doing it.

  • When I was my doctor main switching from my Claudette main other day.I was in a match where one survivor was the only one left in game their two teammates ragequit Right after I downed the 3rd survivor 😂.I felt bad for the last survivor so I let her live😀.I know technically were supposed to kill them but sometimes you gotta have sympathy for the solo survivor especially if their teammates were useless.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296743#Comment_1296743

    If their framerate tanked, then how could they keep playing? It'd be too difficult to play since they aint used to it, so it's best to leave the match and sort out the issue.

    Aside from reasons like that, people who DC are horrible.

    Yeah if frame rates are super low. It's doubtful they will be able to properly play. If they are a survivor, might be more akin to a meat shield more than anything else. Which i did come across a survivor, they didn't dc but they were suffering from bad ping. To the point they were unable to really move very well and couldn't even heal themselves with a med kit, due to how bad their ping was. Which well i figure frame rate issues would be the same. Since anyone who has played a video game and suffer frame rate lost, can know just how massively it can effect you, if the frame rates become super low. It can become more of a slideshow, rather than a video game. If the player is the killer suffering from these issues, i don't think the survivors will have much of a challenge. It will be more of a hold m1 at gens for a majority of the game. Where a survivor might be little more than a meat shield and won't be able to do much for their team. That and since people might be unaware of their issues, might end up risking their lives trying to save them from hook or taking protection hits for them, when due to how bad their frame rates are, they are running into walls all the time or keep getting jumped forward or backwards in time.


    @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296743#Comment_1296743

    Last game I played was a lagfest, my internet connection was the same internet connection I've been using for the past couple of months, so I wouldn't have known this would've happened, but I'm pretty sure the people I was playing against did not have a fun time.

    Those are the only times I DC, when I ACTUALLY can't play the game and potentially ruin it for everyone. Currently trying to fix the issue right now and I haven't played a game since knowing my Internet could tank at any minute and ruin the game for everyone.

    I accept that I lost that match, but do I want to stay in a game where everyone else is not having fun because I as a Killer is experiencing Connectivity issues? No, of course not, they're better off finding another match while I take a break from DBD and fix it for a while. That would be the same if that person's framerate is tanking. They would not be able to actually play the game.

    I understand disliking people who DC when they get outplayed or outmatched, because that sort of feeling is understandable and frustrating. Some people just want to play the game, and DCers like that ruin it for everyone. I don't like it myself when people DC in my games, it takes away sacrifice points for me and it can potentially ruin the entire team. I had a Claudette DC on me because I hit het while flashlight blinded. She was your usual cocky Survivor type while I was going for an Adept, which is why I didn't give the other Survivors any mercy (Still working towards that Adept)

    Some DCs are warranted, and those who have warranted reasons won't be complaining that they have 24 hours worth of matchmaking bans under their belt. People who actively DC are the ones complaining, and they should be the focus of your iire, not people who actually has valid reasons, no matter how small, to disconnect from the game.


    Yeah if someone dcs near the start of the game. Which i seen happen from time to time. I normally give them the benefit of the doubt, that it was due to their connection or something. That or when i see them running in place or seeming to take forever to cleanse a totem. Making me think, yeah that was connection issues right there. Heck sometimes my game crashes, when i was winning the match. It doesn't happen often, just every once in awhile. Which is when i restart my computer and that fixes the crashing issue for some reason. Since i know if i keep playing after getting a crash, the game just has a habit of crashing again on me, until i restart my computer to fix the issue. Than it just smooth sailing for awhile.

    That and i think Monto got stuck in a game as wraith not long ago. Due to some bug where the game didn't count a survivors as dead, even when the end game timer reach zero, he was still stuck in the game. He won the game but he was still stuck in it. So he had no other choice but to dc from a game he won. That and there was one video where i recall Ozt dcing, due to the last survivor unhooking themselves in the basement. I think that was for more of gag but i recall the dcing screen, going you admit to losing and that you give up the match. So by dcing, someone has already they admitted they lost the match. So they have already taken the L as the op likes to put it, if they choose to willing dc and it's not due to forces outside their own control.


    Which lately, i seen a fair few in game talk about how bad ping has been lately, that it seems to be higher than normal for some reason. So it could be a fair few have been suffering from connection issues or maybe it';s something with the servers. Not really sure.

  • I've had 3 DC's in 2 games today as killer. :(

    The game with 2 DC's I just ran around helping the survivors farm because that was some BS.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296780#Comment_1296780

    Still not a reason to DC. Go AFK or at least do your best. The only technical issue where it's acceptable to DC is if your PC/Xbox/PS is on fire.

    Jeez man, do you have to be so extreme? Not everything is entirely good or entirely bad. Some people have reasons and the devs themselves said as long as it is a legitimate emergency, you won't get in trouble for DCing.

    It's not like the machine in question is going to constantly be going on and off mid-match, if that is the case they shouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

    The guy has technical issues, he then Disconnected as to not ruin the game for the people he is playing against. I prefer a Killer who DCs over a Killer who AFKs. I want to play the game, not be stuck in queue only to get into a game where I got nothing to do.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296832#Comment_1296832

    Jeez man, do you have to be so extreme? Not everything is entirely good or entirely bad. Some people have reasons and the devs themselves said as long as it is a legitimate emergency, you won't get in trouble for DCing.

    It's not like the machine in question is going to constantly be going on and off mid-match, if that is the case they shouldn't be playing the game in the first place.

    The guy has technical issues, he then Disconnected as to not ruin the game for the people he is playing against. I prefer a Killer who DCs over a Killer who AFKs. I want to play the game, not be stuck in queue only to get into a game where I got nothing to do.

    TAKE AN L.

    That's all there is too it. People DC to avoid feeling like they lost.

    If your wife has a heart attack that's an emergency and a legit reason to DC.

    If you have lag or you're getting less than optimal framerate, sorry that's not a legit reason to DC.

    You are defending people that don't want to lose. No other way to say it. They do it to ease their egos. Saying "well lag" or "muh performance" is a cop out honestly. ######### happens. Take an L.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296862#Comment_1296862

    TAKE AN L.

    That's all there is too it. People DC to avoid feeling like they lost.

    If your wife has a heart attack that's an emergency and a legit reason to DC.

    If you have lag or you're getting less than optimal framerate, sorry that's not a legit reason to DC.

    You are defending people that don't want to lose. No other way to say it. They do it to ease their egos. Saying "well lag" or "muh performance" is a cop out honestly. ######### happens. Take an L.

    Untitled Image


  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296862#Comment_1296862

    TAKE AN L.

    That's all there is too it. People DC to avoid feeling like they lost.

    If your wife has a heart attack that's an emergency and a legit reason to DC.

    If you have lag or you're getting less than optimal framerate, sorry that's not a legit reason to DC.

    You are defending people that don't want to lose. No other way to say it. They do it to ease their egos. Saying "well lag" or "muh performance" is a cop out honestly. ######### happens. Take an L.

    There are multiple instances where people don't want to play against an AFKing Killer, or play with a Survivor that basically sabotages the team because they keep teleporting all over the place. No one here is saying that they didn't lose, they understand that they forfeit the game because they themselves are having technical issues.

    Do you want to play against or with someone who legitimately CANNOT play the game bceause of stuff OUTSIDE their control?

  • Nice.

    One more point, I ran game tournaments for almost 10 years. I HEARD EVERY EXCUSE IN THE BOOK.

    • The sun is in my eyes.
    • It's too crowded in here.
    • These TVs have input lag (CRT TV BTW).
    • I haven't eaten yet.
    • My hands are cold.
    • The rules are stupid.
    • My controller is malfunctioning.
    • They played super lame, anyone can do that.
    • They got lucky.
    • It's too late to play video games.
    • I'm tired.
    • You made me wait too long for my next game.
    • You made me play 3 games in a row.
    • That guy just abuses an exploit (eg. a legit game mechanic like pop shot in FPS or grab tech in fighters).
    • The crowd wasn't on my side.

    Literally every excuse. I don't buy any of it. YOU LOST. Very few players can admit they were the reason they lost, most (as in more than 95%) will say ANYTHING to soothe their ego so they didn't actually lose. DC'ing is just an extension of that. I've seen people ragequit IRL in tournament games for dumb reasons too. You will never get better if you give up like that when things don't go your way.

    As we would say in the Smash community "NO JOHNS".

    @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296893#Comment_1296893

    There are multiple instances where people don't want to play against an AFKing Killer, or play with a Survivor that basically sabotages the team because they keep teleporting all over the place. No one here is saying that they didn't lose, they understand that they forfeit the game because they themselves are having technical issues.

    Do you want to play against or with someone who legitimately CANNOT play the game bceause of stuff OUTSIDE their control?

    So what. Take the L and move on. DC'ing is just a cop out to soothe the ego. PERIOD. You can justify it all you want but that's what is happening at the end of the day, and that player is just going to find dumber and dumber excuses to quit every time. Stop enabling it by defending DC's.

    Unless someone is IRL injured or dying, or your Xbox catches fire, or something along those lines, there is no reason to DC.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296780#Comment_1296780

    Still not a reason to DC. Go AFK or at least do your best. The only technical issue where it's acceptable to DC is if your PC/Xbox/PS is on fire.

    If I am literally rubber banding so badly that I can't even get to where I want to go, I'm gonna close the game and restart my internet. Saying "do your best" when you almost can't even do anything to begin with is a little foolish.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296832#Comment_1296832

    If I am literally rubber banding so badly that I can't even get to where I want to go, I'm gonna DC and restart my internet.

    You know playing like that might actually help you improve. Lag is part of any game, just do your best maybe you will learn something.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296897#Comment_1296897

    Nice.

    One more point, I ran game tournaments for almost 10 years. I HEARD EVERY EXCUSE IN THE BOOK.

    • The sun is in my eyes.
    • It's too crowded in here.
    • These TVs have input lag (CTR btw).
    • I haven't eaten yet.
    • My hands are cold.
    • The rules are stupid.
    • My controller is malfunctioning.
    • They played super lame, anyone can do that.
    • They got lucky.
    • It's too late to play video games.
    • I'm tired.
    • You made me wait too long for my next game.
    • You made me play 3 games in a row.
    • That guy just abuses an exploit (eg. a legit game mechanic like pop shot in FPS or grab tech in fighters).
    • The crowd wasn't on my side.

    Literally every excuse. I don't buy any of it. YOU LOST. Very few players can admit they were the reason they lost, most (as in more than 95%) will say ANYTHING to soothe their ego so they didn't actually lose. DC'ing is just an extension of that.

    As we would say in the Smash community "NO JOHNS".

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296903#Comment_1296903

    So what. Take the L and move on. DC'ing is just a cop out to soothe the ego. PERIOD. You can justify it all you want but that's what is happening at the end of the day, and that player is just going to find dumber and dumber excuses to quit every time.

    I've literally never found someone who took this game as seriously as you, oh my god take a chill pill dude.

    This game is not meant to be competitive by the devs, which is why they are lenient on the DC penalties for the first few times, they understand that people have legitimate and actual concerns they have to take care of.

    If it is a competitive setting where Disconnecting has far harsher penalties than "Oh well, guess that game sucked", then yes I would agree, you would need to make sure everything is working correctly before playing the game.

    But Dead by Daylight is barely even competitive, the only competitive aspect of it are the rankings, it's the people who make it competitive. I play competitively because I find it fun, which is why I dislike people who DC out of rage, but I understand that this game is not built around that concept.

    Though you are entitled to your opinion, and I am not interested in continuing this discussion, feel free to reply to this if you want, but just know you are alone in this when it comes to people who DC over technical issues.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296907#Comment_1296907

    You know playing like that might actually help you improve. Lag is part of any game, just do your best maybe you will learn something.

    I'm starting to think this was just bait lol. At least I'm hoping it is.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296905#Comment_1296905

    I've literally never found someone who took this game as seriously as you, oh my god take a chill pill dude.

    This game is not meant to be competitive by the devs, which is why they are lenient on the DC penalties for the first few times, they understand that people have legitimate and actual concerns they have to take care of.

    If it is a competitive setting where Disconnecting has far harsher penalties than "Oh well, guess that game sucked", then yes I would agree, you would need to make sure everything is working correctly before playing the game.

    But Dead by Daylight is barely even competitive, the only competitive aspect of it are the rankings, it's the people who make it competitive. I play competitively because I find it fun, which is why I dislike people who DC out of rage, but I understand that this game is not built around that concept.

    Though you are entitled to your opinion, and I am not interested in continuing this discussion, feel free to reply to this if you want, but just know you are alone in this when it comes to people who DC over technical issues.

    If you DC you are a coward. IDC what game you are playing or the level of competitiveness. It's a cop out, a psychological defense mechanism. If you can't even finish a NON-competitive match in a video game with no actual reward, that's honestly pretty sad. You're whole argument is bass ackwards because if it's non-competitive then it shouldn't matter what happens and therefore you shouldn't feel the need to DC.

    People DC to avoid admitting to themselves "I lost". Validating any reason to DC that's not an actual emergency is just enabling that behavior and makes it worse.

    @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296912#Comment_1296912

    I'm starting to think this was just bait lol. At least I'm hoping it is.

    No bait. Use the experience to learn something, test something, don't just give up. By doing that you just make it easier to come up with an excuse in the future. Next time maybe you get a single lag spike that gets you hit, not even caught just hit, and then you could have kept playing but nope, I lag = DC.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296905#Comment_1296905

    I've literally never found someone who took this game as seriously as you, oh my god take a chill pill dude.

    This game is not meant to be competitive by the devs, which is why they are lenient on the DC penalties for the first few times, they understand that people have legitimate and actual concerns they have to take care of.

    If it is a competitive setting where Disconnecting has far harsher penalties than "Oh well, guess that game sucked", then yes I would agree, you would need to make sure everything is working correctly before playing the game.

    But Dead by Daylight is barely even competitive, the only competitive aspect of it are the rankings, it's the people who make it competitive. I play competitively because I find it fun, which is why I dislike people who DC out of rage, but I understand that this game is not built around that concept.

    Though you are entitled to your opinion, and I am not interested in continuing this discussion, feel free to reply to this if you want, but just know you are alone in this when it comes to people who DC over technical issues.

    It's not even a matter of "taking it seriously", it's just not excusing bad behavior.

    DCing is childish nonsense, just meant to hurt others in an attempt to salvage one's ego. We shouldn't encourage it, make excuses for it, or justify it as a community.

    That's it, really. That's all.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296917#Comment_1296917

    If you DC you are a coward. IDC what game you are playing or the level of competitiveness. It's a cop out, a psychological defense mechanism. If you can't even finish a NON-competitive match in a video game with no actual reward, that's honestly pretty sad. You're whole argument is bass ackwards because if it's non-competitive then it shouldn't matter what happens and therefore you shouldn't feel the need to DC.

    People DC to avoid admitting to themselves "I lost". Validating any reason to DC that's not an actual emergency is just enabling that behavior and makes it worse.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296922#Comment_1296922

    No bait. Use the experience to learn something, test something, don't just give up. By doing that you just make it easier to come up with an excuse in the future. Next time maybe you get a single lag spike that gets you hit, not even caught just hit, and then you could have kept playing but nope, I lag = DC.

    Just use experience when you almost can't even move 4head. I don't know what you're expecting, but when I am literally rubber banding to the point where I can make it 10 meters in about 20 seconds of attempted running I'm not staying in that game. I literally had a game yesterday where I was animation locked for 30 seconds after I held the repair generator button. What was I supposed to do, sit and just do nothing all game? Guess I'm just a coward because I don't want to subject myself to be in a game where I physically can't even do anything.

    You're making this way more serious than it should be.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296917#Comment_1296917

    If you DC you are a coward. IDC what game you are playing or the level of competitiveness. It's a cop out, a psychological defense mechanism. If you can't even finish a NON-competitive match in a video game with no actual reward, that's honestly pretty sad. You're whole argument is bass ackwards because if it's non-competitive then it shouldn't matter what happens and therefore you shouldn't feel the need to DC.

    People DC to avoid admitting to themselves "I lost". Validating any reason to DC that's not an actual emergency is just enabling that behavior and makes it worse.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296922#Comment_1296922

    No bait. Use the experience to learn something, test something, don't just give up. By doing that you just make it easier to come up with an excuse in the future. Next time maybe you get a single lag spike that gets you hit, not even caught just hit, and then you could have kept playing but nope, I lag = DC.

    To be honest, it sounds like you come from a FGC tournament background.

    Players here will never understand most of what you're saying. This community just doesn't have that mindset.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296927#Comment_1296927

    To be honest, it sounds like you come from a FGC tournament background.

    Players here will never understand most of what you're saying. This community just doesn't have that mindset.

    Of course they don't have that mindset. Don't expect the community of a CASUAL GAME to be in the mindset of a TOURNAMENT GAME.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296734#Comment_1296734

    Sorry not a valid excuse. Unless it's an actual emergency like your kid just cut their finger off, take the L. It sucks when ######### like that happens but it's not enough to validate a DC. Just do what you can, play out the match, and accept that you lost. It's cowardly to back out of a game like that.

    It might be cowardly, but playing killer with 300+ ping is either awful to face or awful to experience. I'd much rather have a killer disconnect on me and let me find a match faster than have one hit me from 3 miles back because their Internet was having a seizure.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296942#Comment_1296942

    Of course they don't have that mindset. Don't expect the community of a CASUAL GAME to be in the mindset of a TOURNAMENT GAME.

    Again if it's a casual game then you shouldn't care about any of the BS that people use as an excuse to quit. You would sit and finish the game to collect your points and move on. The fact it's a casual game actually means there is less valid reasons to DC.

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296743#Comment_1296743

    It might be cowardly, but playing killer with 300+ ping is either awful to face or awful to experience. I'd much rather have a killer disconnect on me and let me find a match faster than have one hit me from 3 miles back because their Internet was having a seizure.

    Just. Take. The. L.

    It might be 300 ping now, but then the next time it's 250. Then 200. By the time you know it unless you have 10 ping you are quitting the game. One excuse enables the next.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296862#Comment_1296862

    TAKE AN L.

    That's all there is too it. People DC to avoid feeling like they lost.

    If your wife has a heart attack that's an emergency and a legit reason to DC.

    If you have lag or you're getting less than optimal framerate, sorry that's not a legit reason to DC.

    You are defending people that don't want to lose. No other way to say it. They do it to ease their egos. Saying "well lag" or "muh performance" is a cop out honestly. ######### happens. Take an L.

    So when survivors DC against an AFK killer or a killer who's doing so poorly that at one gen left they haven't gotten any hooks and the survivors are super bored... survivors do that to avoid feeling like they lost? I mean, that's a guaranteed win for the survivors. They're DCing to not take a win. Or is disconnecting to not escape somehow also not taking an L?

    I'm seriously asking, 'cause I don't see how survivors disconnecting against an AFK/r20 killer confirms your assertion that survivors prefer a killer experiencing technical difficulties stick around rather than DC.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296893#Comment_1296893

    So when survivors DC against an AFK killer or a killer who's doing so poorly that at one gen left they haven't gotten any hooks and the survivors are super bored... survivors do that to avoid feeling like they lost? I mean, that's a guaranteed win for the survivors. They're DCing to not take a win. Or is disconnecting to not escape somehow also not taking an L?

    I'm seriously asking, 'cause I don't see how survivors disconnecting against an AFK/r20 killer confirms your assertion that survivors prefer a killer experiencing technical difficulties stick around rather than DC.

    LOL I've never seen a survivor DC because the killer was AFK. Even time I've seen an AFK killer, survivors rush gens/totems/chests, mess around for a bit, then leave.

    IF they did this, it's not avoiding an L, but no one does this. Your example is a fantasy.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296942#Comment_1296942

    Of course they don't have that mindset. Don't expect the community of a CASUAL GAME to be in the mindset of a TOURNAMENT GAME.

    "Just a casual game but I'm gonna get salty as ######### over losing and ragequit no matter how it affects others."

    k

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296955#Comment_1296955

    LOL I've never seen a survivor DC because the killer was AFK. Even time I've seen an AFK killer, survivors rush gens/totems/chests, mess around for a bit, then leave.

    IF they did this, it's not avoiding an L, but no one does this. Your example is a fantasy.

    I've been playing forever-EW-1 Mikey for the past couple weeks because it's the only way to never have a TR. I find it amusing, but I do really poorly. Like, really. And I have had survivors DC when they realize that no one's getting hooked and they're spending most of the match holding M1. It's not fantasy. It doesn't happen every match or anything, but it does happen.

    I also don't chase any survivor who flashlights or teabags at me, because I'm not going to waste the match chasing the "designated distraction," and I've had them DC over that, too.

    edit to add: More often than survivors DCing against me when I have a bad match, I get angry messages about how boring the match was, to the extent that I finally turned off all messages and friend requests on PS4.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296946#Comment_1296946

    "Just a casual game but I'm gonna get salty as ######### over losing and ragequit no matter how it affects others."

    k

    Quoted for truth.

    If people actually saw DBD as a "casual game" they wouldn't ragequit. The fact this is as prevalent as it is says that most people actually take the game pretty seriously, ergo they are not playing a casual game.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296946#Comment_1296946

    "Just a casual game but I'm gonna get salty as ######### over losing and ragequit no matter how it affects others."

    k

    Have you actually taken the time to read my posts? There's a difference between losing and rage quitting and being physically unable to even play the game and leaving because of it.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296946#Comment_1296946

    Again if it's a casual game then you shouldn't care about any of the BS that people use as an excuse to quit. You would sit and finish the game to collect your points and move on. The fact it's a casual game actually means there is less valid reasons to DC.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296947#Comment_1296947

    Just. Take. The. L.

    It might be 300 ping now, but then the next time it's 250. Then 200. By the time you know it unless you have 10 ping you are quitting the game. One excuse enables the next.

    This is a matter of playability. I'm not on the game to do absolutely nothing. I'm playing the game to play the game. Casual or competitive, that's the whole point of a game. It's dumb to expect people to not leave when they're physically unable to do that.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296954#Comment_1296954

    This is a matter of playability. I'm not on the game to do absolutely nothing. I'm playing the game to play the game. Casual or competitive, that's the whole point of a game. It's dumb to expect people to not leave when they're physically unable to do that.

    Some players say the game is "unplayable" when they experience a single bug that actually has no long term impact on the game. Or if they get a single lag spike because that's just the nature of the internet sometimes.

    In other words, people will sit there and say "this is unplayable" when it is entirely playable they just want an excuse to DC.

    Like I said I've heard every excuse in the book. I'm not buying it.

  • https://youtu.be/MfJesiEM82M?t=368

    Glad i was able to find this video again. When you go to dc it reads. "Are you sure you want to leave this match? Leaving this match count as a defeat."

    So you have to agree that you lost the match when dcing. Agreeing you lost the match, is somehow trying to avoid a lost. So Ozt dcing once, which was most likely for a gag. When he clearly won the game and could of knock the survivors down again and still won. Is him being a coward.

  • lol I spilled Gatorade on my rug two weeks ago and I had to clean it up. As a killer, I had to go AFK.

    People on the forums told me to DC.

    I wish this thread was made 2 weeks ago.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296991#Comment_1296991

    Some players say the game is "unplayable" when they experience a single bug that actually has no long term impact on the game. Or if they get a single lag spike because that's just the nature of the internet sometimes.

    In other words, people will sit there and say "this is unplayable" when it is entirely playable they just want an excuse to DC.

    Like I said I've heard every excuse in the book. I'm not buying it.

    Ah yes, not being able to progress my objective, drop pallets, vault windows, or even move properly is clear proof that the game is still playable, and that I am just looking for a reason to DC. At this point I'm not even going to bother continuing this conversation because it's pointless to continue stressing this over and over to no avail.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Jesus Christ, this thread.

    You can't dictate that people only DC to not take a loss without knowing any context or logical reason why people may DC, whether unintentionally or intentionally.

    You can't just dictate that the only legitimate reasons to DC are reasons that only befit your bias. Some people play this game super seriously. Some people play this game super casually. If I feel the need to DC because something in real life took importance or because the game is performing so badly that it's no longer worth my time.

    It's not only because I or anyone else just can't take an L.

    Tell me how I should learn from the situation when I'm stuck in a locker and can't get out and the killer can't even attack me so I'm just stuck there, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn when I have the basement bug and literally can't play the game because I'm just stuck falling through the world permanently on my end, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn when I'm stuck in a generator or a pallet and am physically unable to move, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn to play Nurse when my entire power decides not to work and I'm stuck as a 96% M1 killer, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn to play when I am literally unable to interact with ANYTHING in the match, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I can learn to hit skill checks better when the UI to show the skill check window never appears?

    Tell me how I should learn to play when I am stuck crouched down in the "being healed" position and none of my inputs do anything, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn when my game is stuck at 2~5 FPS a second, thus unable to play the game properly?

    And by the way, people do DC on AFK killers. I know because I've had to go AFK for a time before as killer due to an emergency, only to come back with two people having DCed. Just because you haven't seen it happen does not mean it's impossible or it doesn't happen. It's almost like some people play this game to actually play this game rather than just farm blood points and the rift all day or something. I know. What an insane, outrageous concept. But alas, one that exists. And I'm one of those players, and so if something happens that comes up or causes me unable to actually play the game properly, then yes, I'm going to DC, and wait my 5 minute penalty, because I'm not going to sit in a match for 5~15 minutes where I cannot play.

    It's not because I "can't just take the L". It's because I value my time more than sitting there wasting said time, especially in a situation where I'm not any better disconnected than I am stuck disconnected in the game unable to do anything or sitting there AFK.

    If you really want people to disconnect less, maybe get on BHVRs ass to actually fix and optimize their game after 4 years so people have less reasons to disconnect so things that make the game actually unplayable don't happen.

    Never seen someone before blame the players for the game being spaghetti coding and telling them they should just have to suffer through the game being a broken mess because it hurts someone's feefees that they don't just sit there, unable to play the game properly, but get judged on leaving said broken game, just to entertain you. Maybe instead of people learning to take the L, maybe you should learn some damn empathy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYkey66bxis

    Which funny enough, we do have video proof of some of the bugs you listed. Thanks to Yerv.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296862#Comment_1296862

    TAKE AN L.

    That's all there is too it. People DC to avoid feeling like they lost.

    If your wife has a heart attack that's an emergency and a legit reason to DC.

    If you have lag or you're getting less than optimal framerate, sorry that's not a legit reason to DC.

    You are defending people that don't want to lose. No other way to say it. They do it to ease their egos. Saying "well lag" or "muh performance" is a cop out honestly. ######### happens. Take an L.

    If I am suddenly and unexpectedly called away for what I expect to be an extended period of time and I know there isn't a way I can wait until the game is finished to tend to the matter, I'm not leaving my computer running. I will quit the game, explain, apologize, and shut off my computer.

  • Well, most of my games I end up getting disconnected because of some weird bug. It ain't my fault.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Jesus Christ, this thread.

    You can't dictate that people only DC to not take a loss without knowing any context or logical reason why people may DC, whether unintentionally or intentionally.

    You can't just dictate that the only legitimate reasons to DC are reasons that only befit your bias. Some people play this game super seriously. Some people play this game super casually. If I feel the need to DC because something in real life took importance or because the game is performing so badly that it's no longer worth my time.

    It's not only because I or anyone else just can't take an L.

    Tell me how I should learn from the situation when I'm stuck in a locker and can't get out and the killer can't even attack me so I'm just stuck there, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn when I have the basement bug and literally can't play the game because I'm just stuck falling through the world permanently on my end, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn when I'm stuck in a generator or a pallet and am physically unable to move, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn to play Nurse when my entire power decides not to work and I'm stuck as a 96% M1 killer, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn to play when I am literally unable to interact with ANYTHING in the match, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I can learn to hit skill checks better when the UI to show the skill check window never appears?

    Tell me how I should learn to play when I am stuck crouched down in the "being healed" position and none of my inputs do anything, thus unable to play the game properly?

    Tell me how I should learn when my game is stuck at 2~5 FPS a second, thus unable to play the game properly?

    And by the way, people do DC on AFK killers. I know because I've had to go AFK for a time before as killer due to an emergency, only to come back with two people having DCed. Just because you haven't seen it happen does not mean it's impossible or it doesn't happen. It's almost like some people play this game to actually play this game rather than just farm blood points and the rift all day or something. I know. What an insane, outrageous concept. But alas, one that exists. And I'm one of those players, and so if something happens that comes up or causes me unable to actually play the game properly, then yes, I'm going to DC, and wait my 5 minute penalty, because I'm not going to sit in a match for 5~15 minutes where I cannot play.

    It's not because I "can't just take the L". It's because I value my time more than sitting there wasting said time, especially in a situation where I'm not any better disconnected than I am stuck disconnected in the game unable to do anything or sitting there AFK.

    If you really want people to disconnect less, maybe get on BHVRs ass to actually fix and optimize their game after 4 years so people have less reasons to disconnect so things that make the game actually unplayable don't happen.

    Never seen someone before blame the players for the game being spaghetti coding and telling them they should just have to suffer through the game being a broken mess because it hurts someone's feefees that they don't just sit there, unable to play the game properly, but get judged on leaving said broken game, just to entertain you. Maybe instead of people learning to take the L, maybe you should learn some damn empathy.

    "It's not because I "can't just take the L"."

    It is actually. You can do whatever mental gymnastics you want to justify it, but at the end of the day this is what is happening.

    This community I swear... stop validating the DC's, you just make the problem worse.

    @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296996#Comment_1296996

    Ah yes, not being able to progress my objective, drop pallets, vault windows, or even move properly is clear proof that the game is still playable, and that I am just looking for a reason to DC. At this point I'm not even going to bother continuing this conversation because it's pointless to continue stressing this over and over to no avail.

    "and that I am just looking for a reason to DC"

    Maybe not this time but every time you DC you make it easier to justify doing it again in the future. Eventually it leads to people DC'ing for any number of lame reasons. If you reserve it for only the most extreme circumstances you avoid that slippery slope.

    Just the fact that despite DC penalties people still quit the game because they are losing proves my points that you're just contributing to the problem by giving excuses to DC.

    Unless it's an actual emergency you shouldn't be endorsing people to leave the game.

    @felipao_brabo said:

    Well, most of my games I end up getting disconnected because of some weird bug. It ain't my fault.

    If the game DC's you that's different because it's beyond your control. You didn't decide to DC, it just happened.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297066#Comment_1297066

    No. You are just someone who has no empathy. You can do whatever mental gymnastics you want to justify it, but at the end of the day this is what is happening.

    See? I can do it too.

    If you get salty you lost and leave a game I'm not going to be empathetic.

    If your kid drank bleach and you have to go to the hospital, I'll empathize with that because it's a legit reason to DC.

    Seriously stop DEFENDING DC'S. You make the problem worse. I'm not making the problem worse by calling people out for their bull #########.

  • 1faz4m.jpg

    I get annoyed and disappointed if they do. But if i get messaged from them saying I'm bad....oooh!

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296946#Comment_1296946

    "Just a casual game but I'm gonna get salty as ######### over losing and ragequit no matter how it affects others."

    k

    I guess he never played as killer with a swf seal team 6 lol.


    Yeah some people might play casual but every killer game i get of late feels like I am playing against a bunch of tourney level survivors and then I get to the end game screen and oh look all red ranks... Yeah casual... Mmmkay

  • @shwag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296965#Comment_1296965

    I guess he never played as killer with a swf seal team 6 lol.

    Yeah some people might play casual but every killer game i get of late feels like I am playing against a bunch of tourney level survivors and then I get to the end game screen and oh look all red ranks... Yeah casual... Mmmkay

    Not sure if you mean me or him or the other guy. I'm assuming you are validating our points?

    I've played against these squads. Regularly even, pretty much every game at rank 1 on Xbox is a 4 stack SWF. But I take my losses. I've been completely bodied as pretty much every killer. I'm still not gonna DC though.

    And yes, you make a good point that people really don't treat the game as a "casual game". This might be true at low ranks, but at red ranks it is FAR from it.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297088#Comment_1297088

    Not sure if you mean me or him or the other guy. I'm assuming you are validating our points?

    I've played against these squads. Regularly even, pretty much every game at rank 1 on Xbox is a 4 stack SWF. But I take my losses. I've been completely bodied as pretty much every killer. I'm still not gonna DC though.

    And yes, you make a good point that people really don't treat the game as a "casual game". This might be true at low ranks, but at red ranks it is FAR from it.

    The other guy.


    Yeah I just let the matches play out. Most of time seal team 6 will mess up and then the whole team snow balls.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I have no sympathy for you. Learn to take an L. You don't get better if you win all the time. I've been bodied as both survivor and killer before, but I don't DC. I take the L, learn from it, and move on.

    There is nothing to be learned from a toxic killer face-camping your first hook or walking over you as they let you bleed out as a slug. DC is fine if you use it sparingly since this new DC penalty BS went into effect. You get a particularly bad experience head out, wait 5 minutes and hope for something better next time. And if I am on your team I do not care or blame you, you go with my blessing.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296955#Comment_1296955

    LOL I've never seen a survivor DC because the killer was AFK. Even time I've seen an AFK killer, survivors rush gens/totems/chests, mess around for a bit, then leave.

    IF they did this, it's not avoiding an L, but no one does this. Your example is a fantasy.

    Yeah, I completely disagree with your post here, but this guy saying survivors DC because it is too easy or something, has never happened in the history of ever. If you feel bad a killer is doing terrible and you have done all/nearly all the gens you go find them and give them hits/hooks maybe even a kill. You don't DC, that just screws them and yourself. And I am not even gonna address the AFK business, only an idiot would DC on an AFK match.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297083#Comment_1297083

    "Get salty and lost and leave a game" is none of the reasons I listed why I would DC.

    Basically what you are saying is: "If you have a legitimate reason for you to DC but it doesn't match one of the reasons I would DC, you are just being a salty loser".

    Which means you have no empathy.

    Empathy is defined as: "the ability to understand and share the feelings of another."

    You only "understand" if said people only DC for any reasons you classify as emergencies, which the only one you've really noted so far is the loss of human life is imminent. But you fail to understand if someone disconnects for whatever else may be an emergency or justifiable reasons for them.

    That is not empathy.

    See, if someone DCs for any reason, even if it's a rage quit, instead of me calling them a salty loser which you are doing, I apologize to them that they had a bad game in chat (if it's a killer anyway, because the survivor is probably long gone) and wish them better luck in their next match. Because at the end of the day it's just a game and I want everyone to have fun, not be frustrated. And I have faint hopes that if people were a little more nicer and understanding to each other in this community rather than calling each other salty losers when someone DCs unless someone in their immediate family is dying, that maybe will DC a bit less.

    That's empathy.

    I sure as hell don't call the another player a salty loser if they're stuck in a tree and DC because they can't play. That's just mean.

    If the game bugs that sucks but if you DC that's a cop out.

    Having an emergency is a legit reason to leave because you have to.

    But if the game bugs out then oh well. It sucks but ######### happens. Might as well just take your BP and take the death/loss. You're just giving people more reasons to leave, because not every bug will make you get stuck. Those are actually quite rare compared to all the other bugs in the game. I've seen killers get stuck checking a locker when the game was basically over anyway and they DC. What is the point of this if the game is going to end soon anyway? You do it to say "well I only lost because I got bugged" when in fact you lost because you lost and then just conveniently got bugged and used it as an excuse to justify leaving, which then makes it easier to make such an excuse in the future.

    Apologizing to them for "having a bad game" is literally enabling them to DC more in the future. You just reinforce the idea that the DC was justified and that they were right to do it. Instead of telling them to man up and just take a loss like they should, which then discourages them from DC'ing in the future.

    What you are doing only makes the problem worse, as I keep saying.

    PS. Being empathetic would be to say "sorry you had a bad game" if they finish the game. Then you give positive reinforcement for GOOD behavior (staying in the game). But a DC is BAD behavior you don't want to encourage that.

‹ 1 2 3