If you DC

I have no sympathy for you. Learn to take an L. You don't get better if you win all the time. I've been bodied as both survivor and killer before, but I don't DC. I take the L, learn from it, and move on.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297878#Comment_1297878

    Suck it up and just play. Is it really that big of a deal if your frame rate is dropping or you are lagging to finish a game? I had a game about 2 weeks ago where I got stuck hooking someone as Billy. I would have won that game. But I didn't DC I just went AFK until they all left which was about 3 minutes (less than the time of the DC penalty), plus I got to keep my BP and credit for my dailies. IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL. Just stay in the game and take the L. Leaving like that is honestly just an excuse to avoid feeling like you lost. "I didn't actually lose that game, I had bad frame rate/lag and DC'd so it doesn't count. My EGO is still intact." That's basically what's happening.

    This besides the fact that, as I've mentioned, 98% of DC's are because the person is salty they lost. The amount of people that DC for technical or real life issues is FAR OUTPACED by the amount of people that DC because they are mad they got beat. And by saying "well these are legit reasons to DC" just enables people to DC even more for similar but less extreme reasons. Give an inch they take a mile.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297880#Comment_1297880

    Yea when you get 5 games in a row where the killer DC's when they got outplayed it's a little ridiculous. Then people here DEFEND THIS BEHAVIOR like seriously? There is no reason to defend these people. Legit unbelievable you guys support them. No wonder this game has such a massive issue with DC's despite penalties.

    I never defended the issue, only the point. I think it sucks, and people DC on me a lot too, I get just as mad as you. I mean you really think I 'support them'? I hate DCing people, but if they legitimately have a reason, I can't get mad. Anyways, I've played on console where framerate was literal trash, so it wouldn't affect me at all even if it did happen nowadays, since I'm used to it, but for people who've never experienced the low FPS, I can definitely understand why they'd DC.

    Anyways, the salty DC's I can never support, so stop acting like I do when I've pointed it out numerous times that I don't support them smh. But the DC's which have reasons, I can definitely understand. Anyways, I've had that hook bug before, never DC'd, in fact, I haven't DC'd in DBD since 2 years ago probably.

    'Legit unbelievable you guys support them' stop strawmanning and acting like we support it, just deal with it, smh. If they can't play with low FPS, then there's no point in playing. And some people wont be used to low FPS like me, so I can definitely get WHY they'd want to DC. You need to open your mind to it as well.

    I mean, they don't do it for their 'ego', some people do it because they CAN'T play. And I think your a console player, so you wont even understand what I mean by some people can't play on low FPS, as I used to, but if you play PC for a while, you will definitely see why.

    Who even cares about an 'ego' if they DC? Such a flawed argument, people who DC literally show their name and basically humiliate themselves. So therefore, if people explain why, and say that they can't have played in the circumstances I'd happily take the L and move on.

    Don't quote me unless you have something useful to say, and not driven of your rage of being DC'd on. ( just FYI in case you didn't STILL get it, if they're DC's from salt, then I'm on your side, if they have a reason to, then I'm not).

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298222#Comment_1298222

    Pre-game lobby that's fine. But if you go into a game and suddenly your ping drops, just play out the game else you are ruining the game for 4 other people. Sorry but your fun does not surpass the fun of 4 other players.

    Being laggy would make it worse for the survivors, and invite salt lmao cause you hit them from miles away.

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298436#Comment_1298436

    I never defended the issue, only the point. I think it sucks, and people DC on me a lot too, I get just as mad as you. I mean you really think I 'support them'? I hate DCing people, but if they legitimately have a reason, I can't get mad. Anyways, I've played on console where framerate was literal trash, so it wouldn't affect me at all even if it did happen nowadays, since I'm used to it, but for people who've never experienced the low FPS, I can definitely understand why they'd DC.

    Anyways, the salty DC's I can never support, so stop acting like I do when I've pointed it out numerous times that I don't support them smh. But the DC's which have reasons, I can definitely understand. Anyways, I've had that hook bug before, never DC'd, in fact, I haven't DC'd in DBD since 2 years ago probably.

    'Legit unbelievable you guys support them' stop strawmanning and acting like we support it, just deal with it, smh. If they can't play with low FPS, then there's no point in playing. And some people wont be used to low FPS like me, so I can definitely get WHY they'd want to DC. You need to open your mind to it as well.

    I mean, they don't do it for their 'ego', some people do it because they CAN'T play. And I think your a console player, so you wont even understand what I mean by some people can't play on low FPS, as I used to, but if you play PC for a while, you will definitely see why.

    Who even cares about an 'ego' if they DC? Such a flawed argument, people who DC literally show their name and basically humiliate themselves. So therefore, if people explain why, and say that they can't have played in the circumstances I'd happily take the L and move on.

    Don't quote me unless you have something useful to say, and not driven of your rage of being DC'd on. ( just FYI in case you didn't STILL get it, if they're DC's from salt, then I'm on your side, if they have a reason to, then I'm not).

    "I mean, they don't do it for their 'ego', some people do it because they CAN'T play."

    The people that DC for this reason (or some kind of emergency) is very very VERY rare. I'm not talking about these people. I'm talking about the vast majority of people that DC to avoid a loss. Like overwhelming majority. 99 times out of 100, being generous.

    I'm on Xbox. Frame rates suck. Still not an excuse to DC mid-game though. In most cases where bugs occur the game is still entirely playable. I can literally count on both hands in my 3k hours instances where a player, either someone else or myself, had some kind of absolute game breaking bug where they were unable to play, and half of those have been since the last update when killers get stuck at pallets/lockers/hooks. So I don't buy this "well the game bugs/there is an emergency" bull ######### because nearly every DC is going to be from salt.

    "stop strawmanning and acting like we support it"

    You are though. By pointing out that maybe 1 in 100 DC's is legit and that any sort of bug or technical issue enough reason for it that's called enabling. Just look at some of the replies. They IMMEDIATELY jump to "well what about when I get stuck or something happens I need to leave?" That accounts for less than 1% of the DC's that occur. And like I said, those DC's are fine, but when you jump down my throat for calling people out on their bull #########, you're just making the problem worse.

    @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298437#Comment_1298437

    Being laggy would make it worse for the survivors, and invite salt lmao cause you hit them from miles away.

    I would rather have a laggy teammate than no teammate at all.

    PS. My wall is not a place to debate this. Keep it in the thread, I don't see why you would put this on my wall.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298597#Comment_1298597

    "I mean, they don't do it for their 'ego', some people do it because they CAN'T play."

    The people that DC for this reason (or some kind of emergency) is very very VERY rare. I'm not talking about these people. I'm talking about the vast majority of people that DC to avoid a loss. Like overwhelming majority. 99 times out of 100, being generous.

    I'm on Xbox. Frame rates suck. Still not an excuse to DC mid-game though. In most cases where bugs occur the game is still entirely playable. I can literally count on both hands in my 3k hours instances where a player, either someone else or myself, had some kind of absolute game breaking bug where they were unable to play, and half of those have been since the last update when killers get stuck at pallets/lockers/hooks. So I don't buy this "well the game bugs/there is an emergency" bull ######### because nearly every DC is going to be from salt.

    "stop strawmanning and acting like we support it"

    You are though. But pointing out that 1 in 100 DC's is legit and that any sort of bug or technical issue enough reason for it that's called enabling. Just look at some of the replies. They IMMEDIATELY jump to "well what about when I get stuck or something happens I need to leave?" That accounts for less than 1% of the DC's that occur. And like I said, those DC's are fine, but when you jump down my throat for calling people out on their bull #########, you're just making the problem worse.

    'And like I said, those DC's are fine'

    You never said they're fine, you literally said they're supposed to play it out in your little rulebook and enjoy the terrible FPS. Anyways, it's like you literally didn't read anything I said, I said if it's the other percentage of DC's, then I'm on your side, you had no reason to quote me again, and argue out the same exact point that I ended.

    If some people DC because of frames, let them. If they don't wanna play at 5 FPS because they aren't used to it, let them DC. Stop making a fuss over it and being a lil kid over it, I literally said I'm on your side for the point your supposed to be arguing, which is that most the DC cases are to 'avoid a loss'.

    You're literally wasting your own time going in circles, it's hilarious, and on top of that, you're also contradicting what you said earlier by now agreeing with me. Again, don't quote me unless you got something useful to say. Also, stop repeating your same points and contradicting other points. What are you even achieving out of it?

  • @Poweas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298617#Comment_1298617

    'And like I said, those DC's are fine'

    You never said they're fine, you literally said they're supposed to play it out in your little rulebook and enjoy the terrible FPS. Anyways, it's like you literally didn't read anything I said, I said if it's the other percentage of DC's, then I'm on your side, you had no reason to quote me again, and argue out the same exact point that I ended.

    If some people DC because of frames, let them. If they don't wanna play at 5 FPS because they aren't used to it, let them DC. Stop making a fuss over it and being a lil kid over it, I literally said I'm on your side for the point your supposed to be arguing, which is that most the DC cases are to 'avoid a loss'.

    You're literally wasting your own time going in circles, it's hilarious, and on top of that, you're also contradicting what you said earlier by now agreeing with me. Again, don't quote me unless you got something useful to say. Also, stop repeating your same points and contradicting other points. What are you even achieving out of it?

    "You never said they're fine, you literally said they're supposed to play it out in your little rulebook and enjoy the terrible FPS."

    ...

    @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297360#Comment_1297360

    Fair enough, I take it back. Like I said to someone else though, if it's a literal GAME BREAKING bug then it's not a cop out. But people will use ANY excuse to DC, so if they get stuck for a few seconds or experience a minor amount of lag and DC, THAT is the cop out. And when you sympathize for every little thing that happens to a player they will find more and more reasons to DC. Give an inch they take a mile. That is the problem here, and when 99% of DC's are clearly from losing/being outplayed then it's a valid argument to say "deal with it" because otherwise you just enable this bad behavior to continue. No every bug is game breaking, and in fact majority of them are not. And don't take that as "it never happens" because that's not what I'm saying.

    And again I never mentioned any of this in my first post. I'm talking most strictly about people that DC because they are losing. IDGAF how much it sucks, if you DC because you are losing then you should get no sympathy.

    The reason I replied to you as I did is because you misconstrue my entire argument. You put words into my mouth about things I wasn't even referring to. This isn't the first time you've done this either. It's been an ongoing thing. I say one thing, you twist it and say I said some other thing or bring up something irrelevant to the conversation. Respond to the actual arguments people make.

    But when I say this I'm talking about the game literally being unplayable. Poor FPS is not unplayable unless it's 1 frame per second. 20 FPS is still entirely playable. It will suck, but you can manage. 5 FPS is a complete exaggeration. That's basically a slide show, I've never seen frame rate this bad, either from my own Xbox or watching my friends stream. Hell I doubt this would actually even happen on PS or Switch. MAYBE it's happened a few times over the course of the game's life span, but don't sit there and tell me it happens enough to justify a DC.

    "I said if it's the other percentage of DC's, then I'm on your side, you had no reason to quote me again, and argue out the same exact point that I ended."

    Then why are you arguing with me?

    "Stop making a fuss over it and being a lil kid over it"

    Gee I'm the one that shouldn't make a fuss over it and I'm being a lil kid. But then when someone DC's from a game because they have less than optimal frame rate that is still entirely playable that's not making a fuss/being a lil kid. Seems hypocritical if you ask me.

    "you're also contradicting what you said earlier by now agreeing with me"

    I'm not. This thread has been about people that DC to avoid a loss. People came in here to cry "but muh frames" or "but these bugs" or "but my real life problems" I wasn't talking about them. They made it about them and tried to fight with me about it.

    "Also, stop repeating your same points"

    Could literally say the same thing to you. If I'm such a lost cause why continue to reply?

    Just to make it clear:

    1. This thread is about people that DC to avoid a loss.
    2. If you have a GAME BREAKING issues or a real life emergency or something more important than the game, this thread is not about you.
    3. Poor frame rate, bad ping, or single instances of bugs that have no long term impact on your ability to play the game are not LEGIT REASONS to DC. Seriously you can tough it out in these instances and fix the issue AFTER the game ends.
    4. Vast majority of DC's fall into #1. A very tiny fraction fall into #2. Another tiny fraction (though likely larger than #2) fall into #3 which then people use as an excuse to DC and selfishly screw over the other 4 players in the game.

    Nothing you say will convince me that it's okay to DC when you are having a bad time. Poor frame rate is a bad time. It's not unplayable. Being stuck without any way to move is unplayable. Having your character fall through the floor is unplayable. Having a completely black screen is unplayable. Getting hit when 10m from a window on time because of a lag spike is NOT unplayable. It sucks, but that's no reason to DC. You're never going to convince me it is, so stop trying if that's what you intend to do.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298634#Comment_1298634

    "You never said they're fine, you literally said they're supposed to play it out in your little rulebook and enjoy the terrible FPS."

    ...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1297371#Comment_1297371

    But when I say this I'm talking about the game literally being unplayable. Poor FPS is not unplayable unless it's 1 frame per second. 20 FPS is still entirely playable. It will suck, but you can manage. 5 FPS is a complete exaggeration. That's basically a slide show, I've never seen frame rate this bad, either from my own Xbox or watching my friends stream. Hell I doubt this would actually even happen on PS or Switch. MAYBE it's happened a few times over the course of the game's life span, but don't sit there and tell me it happens enough to justify a DC.

    "I said if it's the other percentage of DC's, then I'm on your side, you had no reason to quote me again, and argue out the same exact point that I ended."

    Then why are you arguing with me?

    "Stop making a fuss over it and being a lil kid over it"

    Gee I'm the one that shouldn't make a fuss over it and I'm being a lil kid. But then when someone DC's from a game because they have less than optimal frame rate that is still entirely playable that's not making a fuss/being a lil kid. Seems hypocritical if you ask me.

    "you're also contradicting what you said earlier by now agreeing with me"

    I'm not. This thread has been about people that DC to avoid a loss. People came in here to cry "but muh frames" or "but these bugs" or "but my real life problems" I wasn't talking about them. They made it about them and tried to fight with me about it.

    "Also, stop repeating your same points"

    Could literally say the same thing to you. If I'm such a lost cause why continue to reply?

    Just to make it clear:

    1. This thread is about people that DC to avoid a loss.
    2. If you have a GAME BREAKING issues or a real life emergency or something more important than the game, this thread is not about you.
    3. Poor frame rate, bad ping, or single instances of bugs that have no long term impact on your ability to play the game are not LEGIT REASONS to DC. Seriously you can tough it out in these instances and fix the issue AFTER the game ends.
    4. Vast majority of DC's fall into #1. A very tiny fraction fall into #2. Another tiny fraction (though likely larger than #2) fall into #3 which then people use as an excuse to DC and selfishly screw over the other 4 players in the game.

    Nothing you say will convince me that it's okay to DC when you are having a bad time. Poor frame rate is a bad time. It's not unplayable. Being stuck without any way to move is unplayable. Having your character fall through the floor is unplayable. Having a completely black screen is unplayable. Getting hit when 10m from a window on time because of a lag spike is NOT unplayable. It sucks, but that's no reason to DC. You're never going to convince me it is, so stop trying if that's what you intend to do.

    So you took it back? Then my goal was achieved ages ago, sorry, been only looking at your replies to me so I had absolutely no clue, you should've told me ages ago. But yes, then, overall I agree with you completely now, if you took it back.

  • It comes down to reasons. Are there good reasons to DC? Yes. Is there reasonable disagreement about what counts as a good reason? Sure. At the end of the day, can you compel someone to play a game if they feel they have no incentive to do it? Nope.

    Given the DC penalty, I'm surprised that, at least according to the devs, there hasn't been a discernible increase in hook suicides. I'm wondering if people have found that to be true in their experience? I feel like hook suicides have skyrocketed.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I have no sympathy for you. Learn to take an L. You don't get better if you win all the time. I've been bodied as both survivor and killer before, but I don't DC. I take the L, learn from it, and move on.

    I DC when I have 4 or at least 3 survivors on the hook at the same time. You can’t be more alpha than that.

  • I DC against Ghostface sometimes. Fight me.

  • @EleaticStranger said:

    It comes down to reasons. Are there good reasons to DC? Yes. Is there reasonable disagreement about what counts as a good reason? Sure. At the end of the day, can you compel someone to play a game if they feel they have no incentive to do it? Nope.

    Given the DC penalty, I'm surprised that, at least according to the devs, there hasn't been a discernible increase in hook suicides. I'm wondering if people have found that to be true in their experience? I feel like hook suicides have skyrocketed.

    That's because people still DC and just eat the 5 minute timer. I've seen no difference in DC rates since the penalty was added to Xbox very recently.

  • Its democracy?!


    The killer has right to not want to be so horribly bullied!


    Yes i had dced matches against swf bullying its their problem not mine so calm down!

  • However me personally i would remove the option of dcing when pressing start of course people will dc via alt-f4 but at least remove the option of dcing when accessing the menu

  • @HuDawg said:

    Its democracy?!

    The killer has right to not want to be so horribly bullied!

    Yes i had dced matches against swf bullying its their problem not mine so calm down!

    First off, stop necro'ing year old threads. Makes me sad to see all the old faces who aren't here anymore :(

    Secondly, don't DC. It's literally against the rules.

    And yay, even Sluzzy is in this thread from a year ago.

  • NGL the only killer that makes me DC is Freddy. He's SO boring that I actually start hating the game and I get bitter.

    I'd rather DC then let my mental health and opinion of the game die.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1298480#Comment_1298480

    More like "stop being a child and learn to take a loss".

    The amount of people in this thread defending DC's is baffling.

    I just played a game where our Chinese Dwight was doing a gen in the sky

    killer dc’d

    but you know by your logic he should have manned up and taken the L

  • I started reading these posts, and realized it was from a year ago, just curious if that guy SuicideFox committed suicide due to DC’s because he had some serious issues with DC’s, holy jeebus!

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296780#Comment_1296780

    Still not a reason to DC. Go AFK or at least do your best. The only technical issue where it's acceptable to DC is if your PC/Xbox/PS is on fire.

    I bet half yall commenting have rage dced yourselves lol. All up in here acting high n mighty knowing they're guilty too on some days!

1 2 3 ›