S/O Dev & Marketing Team for the approach on the new killer

I don't know how you guys did it but 9 times out of 10 a killer has been leaked or accurately speculated at least a week or more before the PTB. I remember Ghostface and Oni leak, Netflix clues on the Demo, or "Gunslinger", the community found out way too soon but this time we have no idea. As much as I like figuring it out early as much as the next guy, I liked having to find out the new killer and playing them right away instead of counting down the days to play them because I found out too early. This amount of hype can be dangerous though, let's hope the new killer lives up to the team and the players' expectations.

Comments

  • This hype is dangerous. I can't wait to see a Pennywise announced but would love to see Pyramid Head. I'd scream to see Alien..

    Then cry if it's actually Candyman lol

  • I took about 10 months away from the game so I am excited see next killer.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think the fact that it could be Candyman but could also be any other license is why people would be disappointed with Candyman. If we had solid evidence that it was Candyman, less people would be disappointed as they would be prepared for it. Personally I don't want Candyman because i don't think he's that iconic but if they did him justice then I'd be alright with that. Pennywise seems the most realistic but we will see.

    We do have solid evidence it's Candyman. Every single piece of evidence (real evidence, not stuff like "the number 4 looks like a pyramid!" or "they were showing Ghostface, so it must be the Xenomorph!") points to him. People are dismissing it because, in their minds, it's so obvious that it must be false. Evidence of Candyman is being interpreted as evidence it's not Candyman. It's a conspiracy theory if I've ever seen one.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295685#Comment_1295685

    The devs could be throwing us a red herring on purpose, they know we are craving clues so why not throw out ones that totally derail us from the surprise. No, we don't have solid evidence, we have arrows pointing towards things, one of those things being Candyman, but it is not proof. It's all speculation.

    When have they ever dropped red herrings?

    And we do have solid evidence. Every single piece of evidence points to the Candyman. There is no single piece of evidence that doesn't point to him. If you don't get that, either you don't know the character or you're just in denial.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    This hype is dangerous. I can't wait to see a Pennywise announced but would love to see Pyramid Head. I'd scream to see Alien..

    Then cry if it's actually Candyman lol

    I agree, the marketing team has actually created a disastrous PR nightmare by not leaking out enough info, the hype levels are too high and anything less then Alien or Pennywise with be a massive disappointment for fans.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    You're very confident in your opinion clearly, and that's fine, I'm just stating possibilities and trying to have a discussion but if that's not on the table then that's ok, good day.

    Well, I asked you a question so you could solidify your position. If that's not something you can/want to do, that's OK.

  • @Killmaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295664#Comment_1295664

    I agree, the marketing team has actually created a disastrous PR nightmare by not leaking out enough info, the hype levels are too high and anything less then Alien or Pennywise with be a massive disappointment for fans.

    Only those that didn't pay attention to the Candyman confirmation.

  • @Killmaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295664#Comment_1295664

    I agree, the marketing team has actually created a disastrous PR nightmare by not leaking out enough info, the hype levels are too high and anything less then Alien or Pennywise with be a massive disappointment for fans.

    It's more the fact they leaked it was a licensed chapter. I'm happy we don't know the killer ahead of time for once, makes it exciting.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295681#Comment_1295681

    We do have solid evidence it's Candyman. Every single piece of evidence (real evidence) points to him. People are dismissing it because, in their minds, it's so obvious that it must be false. Evidence of Candyman is being interpreted as evidence it's not Candyman. It's a conspiracy theory if I've ever seen one.

    Please share that evidence. I really want to see it because if it is what I think it is, then you fell for the bait harder than a tuna.

    Either explain it out or link to a post explaining it out.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295767#Comment_1295767

    I wouldn't get into a debate with the guy, he holds the position of "I'm right, you're wrong, here's the officially confirmed proof, your opinion is invalid"

    Hey, if it is Candyman, then I eat my words, but saying "when have they ever used red herrings" implies that they will never use them, which is hilarious. I like to think BHVR have the wit to utilise red herrings since they literally just released a Zarina perk called "Red Herring", so they know what they are. If, however, the obviously obvious hints are true, I'd be disappointed, because then the big "surprise" is not a surprise at all.

    The question of when they've used red herrings is because one side (mine) takes prior evidence of their behavior into account, whereas the others literally have to make up "Sure, they never used red herrings before, but this time they totally did!" to justify their assertions. Occam's razor, people. It's not rocket science.

  • I just hope they don't hype the new chapter like gold (emotional milestone, big horror francise, iconic killer) when they only can deliver bronze (Candyman) at best.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295767#Comment_1295767

    I wouldn't get into a debate with the guy, he holds the position of "I'm right, you're wrong, here's the officially confirmed proof, your opinion is invalid"

    Hey, if it is Candyman, then I eat my words, but saying "when have they ever used red herrings" implies that they will never use them, which is hilarious. I like to think BHVR have the wit to utilise red herrings since they literally just released a Zarina perk called "Red Herring", so they know what they are. If, however, the obviously obvious hints are true, I'd be disappointed, because then the big "surprise" is not a surprise at all.

    Oh I agree that Orion had Candyman stuck far too deep in his head and can't see anything else. But if I can get him to actually explain his evidence, then there would a real debate instead of the normal "Im right, you're wrong!" crap.


    For me. I dug my heels into the Killer being Gillman, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, or something closely related it. Made a topic explaining why some days back but it just never gained traction with other folks. The difference between my Gillman theory and his Candyman theory is that I can fully explain my reasoning and thoughts behind it being Gillman. I even took the time to explain every detail in the teaser (minus the skulls) and every detail fit Gillman.

    The font of the 4, why it goes to the bottom of the image, why only 2 colors used, why gold and black, the textures of the background, and more. This poster sums it all up near perfectly.

    https://www.alexrossart.com/Universal-Monsters-Creature-from-The-Black-Lagoon_p_364.html


    The more I look at the teaser, the more solid my belief is that it is Gillman.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295772#Comment_1295772

    Oh I agree that Orion had Candyman stuck far too deep in his head and can't see anything else. But if I can get him to actually explain his evidence, then there would a real debate instead of the normal "Im right, you're wrong!" crap.

    For me. I dug my heels into the Killer being Gillman, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, or something closely related it. Made a topic explaining why some days back but it just never gained traction with other folks. The difference between my Gillman theory and his Candyman theory is that I can fully explain my reasoning and thoughts behind it being Gillman. I even took the time to explain every detail in the teaser (minus the skulls) and every detail fit Gillman.

    The font of the 4, why it goes to the bottom of the image, why only 2 colors used, why gold and black, the textures of the background, and more. This poster sums it all up near perfectly.

    https://www.alexrossart.com/Universal-Monsters-Creature-from-The-Black-Lagoon_p_364.html

    The more I look at the teaser, the more solid my belief is that it is Gillman.

    It's difficult to have a debate with people whose stance is "all the evidence pointing to this is fake even though it doesn't fit with the devs' past behavior".

  • @WhatTheHeckMeg said:

    I just hope they don't hype the new chapter like gold (emotional milestone, big horror francise, iconic killer) when they only can deliver bronze (Candyman) at best.

    The killer they wanted most in the game has always been Jason Voorhees, if you ask me the only Horror Icon that could deliver the unthinkable would be him.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295795#Comment_1295795

    It's difficult to have a debate with people whose stance is "all the evidence pointing to this is fake even though it doesn't fit with the devs' past behavior".

    First, you have to show your evidence for others to comment on it. Show and tell.

    Show me your evidence, and I'll tell you my opinions on it.


    If you don't show me anything, then my opinion will be that you're full of #########.

  • Personally, it makes no sense for it to be anyone other than Candyman right now.

    He popularized what I would call the "Bloody Mary" types of movies, where a character unleashes a great evil into their world unexpectedly because they didn't believe in an urban legend.

    There would be no reason for BHVR staff to talk about bees and sweets other than to bait that it is indeed Candyman, and sure, it could possibly be actually a Red Herring, but that wouldn't explain why...

    The Forum right now looks Black and Gold. Honey Coloured Gold at that. Not to mention the 4, at least to me, is reminiscent of Candyman's hook from the poster of the new movie.

    And speaking of that, Candyman's new trailer just dropped, so it would make financial and marketable sense to promote his latest movie with his inclusion in Dead by Daylight.

    There is too many circumstantial evidence that points at him that it's hard to ignore. I personally would want him over Pennywise or Xenomorph being a massive horror buff myself.

    I personally don't want Pennywise *as is* because he conflicts with the lore of the Entity, and I wouldn't really get hyped over Xenomorph purely because I don't consider the Alien movies to really be a Slasher Horror. Demogorgon gets a pass because it at least has the Slasher Aesthetic with Stranger Things being set in the 80s, which is when most classic Slashers happened.

    But this is basically the whole "Blyeth in Smash" nonsense for the DBD community, whoever it is, I just want them to make sense to exist in the world of Dead by Daylight.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295806#Comment_1295806

    First, you have to show your evidence for others to comment on it. Show and tell.

    Show me your evidence, and I'll tell you my opinions on it.

    If you don't show me anything, then my opinion will be that you're full of #########.

    We all know the evidence. Tweet, follow, Todd as a voice actor for a video game, the fact that the PTB was to coincide with the new movie (before the latter was postponed), etc.

    Now go ahead and tell me it's all bait and I'm an idiot for taking the bait.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    This hype is dangerous. I can't wait to see a Pennywise announced but would love to see Pyramid Head. I'd scream to see Alien..

    Then cry if it's actually Candyman lol

    Cry from disappointment or happiness? 🤣

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295812#Comment_1295812

    We all know the evidence. Tweet, follow, Todd as a voice actor for a video game, the fact that the PTB was to coincide with the new movie (before the latter was postponed), etc.

    Now go ahead and tell me it's all bait and I'm an idiot for taking the bait.

    All unofficial sources. A tweet of a emoji or a random twitter follow is some of the weakest evidence I have ever seen. It is "something" but pure weak sauce.

    Can you explain in any way why the teaser/s hints towards Candyman? Go ham with it if you want. I mean go WILD if you need to and cherry pick anything you want. But I want you to explain why the TEASER hints towards Candyman. Not a tweet, not an emoji, not some voice actor. I want you to use the teaser, the ONLY official hint we have been given, to explain why the next Killer is Candyman.


    If you can, I would gladly read it and likely enjoy the theory crafting. But if you can't. Then odds are your theory can't hold water as well as a bucket made from a screen door.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295819#Comment_1295819

    All unofficial sources. A tweet of a emoji or a random twitter follow is some of the weakest evidence I have ever seen. It is "something" but pure weak sauce.

    Can you explain in any way why the teaser/s hints towards Candyman? Go ham with it if you want. I mean go WILD if you need to and cherry pick anything you want. But I want you to explain why the TEASER hints towards Candyman. Not a tweet, not an emoji, not some voice actor. I want you to use the teaser, the ONLY official hint we have been given, to explain why the next Killer is Candyman.

    If you can, I would gladly read it and likely enjoy the theory crafting. But if you can't. Then odds are your theory can't hold water as well as a bucket made from a screen door.

    Excuse me.

    Teaser? I wasn't made aware there was actually a released Teaser yet.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295845#Comment_1295845

    Excuse me.

    Teaser? I wasn't made aware there was actually a released Teaser yet.

    Join the Dead by Daylight team in celebrating the game’s 4th anniversary by tuning in on Twitch and Youtube on May 26 at 2pm EST.


    That's the 2nd teaser. The first was exactly the same minus that skull. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th teasers you can see covering these forums in the banners and background.

    This is more or less the same type of teaser we got for the 3rd year anniversary. But unlike last years event, people use that teaser to figure out it was Ghostface. This year I don't see much more than people pulling "facts" out their backsides while ignoring the teaser and hints within it.

  • If it really is Candyman, I think this might be the first licensed chapter I’m sitting out on. I’m a massive fan of horror movies, and while Candyman is a good movie, it would be too underwhelming for all of the hype it was built on.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    I took about 10 months away from the game so I am excited see next killer.

    Ah I haven't seen you in ages! I wondered where you went when you stopped streaming good to see you back

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295848#Comment_1295848

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/dead-by-daylight-4th-anniversary-announcement

    That's the 2nd teaser. The first was exactly the same minus that skull. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th teasers you can see covering these forums in the banners and background.

    This is more or less the same type of teaser we got for the 3rd year anniversary. But unlike last years event, people use that teaser to figure out it was Ghostface. This year I don't see much more than people pulling "facts" out their backsides while ignoring the teaser and hints within it.

    To me that teaser says almost nothing about the potential Killers that could be added into the game other than the fact that it has Honey Coloured Gold and Black Ooze coming out of a Black Skull.

    Unless you're implying the Black Ooze means a Xenomorph which wouldn't make sense, at least from what I recall, Xenomorph ooze is Green, not Black. Even then how would that explain the Honey Coloured Gold splattered all over the place?

    I don't think it's Jason because those two colours and skull has never really been associated with him.

    Same reason why I don't think it's Pennywise.

    The only Killer that I can stretch it out for it to say something about is Candyman, but that is purely because there was a mural in the Candyman trailer that kinda looks like the one we see on the Forums right now with a Skull looking upwards, and again, the Honey Coloured Gold splatter all over the place.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295848#Comment_1295848

    https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/dead-by-daylight-4th-anniversary-announcement

    That's the 2nd teaser. The first was exactly the same minus that skull. The 3rd, 4th, and 5th teasers you can see covering these forums in the banners and background.

    This is more or less the same type of teaser we got for the 3rd year anniversary. But unlike last years event, people use that teaser to figure out it was Ghostface. This year I don't see much more than people pulling "facts" out their backsides while ignoring the teaser and hints within it.

    How is that a teaser? It's literally just an announcement.

  • Which would you think it is? 😂

  • I will say that - while I have no idea who it's really going to be - Candyman would seem disappointing after all the big talk about "emotional milestone" and such. Especially after another recent thread were people kept saying, "But Bov, BHVR never hypes things!"

    Honestly, someone like Jason or a Xenomorph is the only horror figure that really meets with the hype level they put out there, but I don't think it's going to be them at all, so I'm a little lost.

  • I am fine with candy man, would love maniac cop.

    I personal don't get or understand the candy man hate though. He is iconic and has been around in horror a lot longer then ghostface etc.


    I really do not see it being alien due to it being more sci-fi.

    As for pennywise they would have to dumb him down a lot to make him work.

    People ######### about blood snares on Freddy but imagine if we got Freddy who had powers like the movies ?

  • @shwag said:

    I am fine with candy man, would love maniac cop.

    I personal don't get or understand the candy man hate though. He is iconic and has been around in horror a lot longer then ghostface etc.

    I really do not see it being alien due to it being more sci-fi.

    As for pennywise they would have to dumb him down a lot to make him work.

    People ######### about blood snares on Freddy but imagine if we got Freddy who had powers like the movies ?

    His lunge would actually have to be longer because he has stretchable arms in the movies.

  • @myersismydaddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295866#Comment_1295866

    How is that a teaser? It's literally just an announcement.

    Untitled Image

    That was all we had for the 3rd year teaser and people figured out we was getting Ghostface by looking at the font used for the 3, the colors used throughout the image, and the materials/textures used for the font/background.

    This year it is the same deal. We have to use the 4th year's image to figure out who the next Killer is. And ONLY that image.

    @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295866#Comment_1295866

    To me that teaser says almost nothing about the potential Killers that could be added into the game other than the fact that it has Honey Coloured Gold and Black Ooze coming out of a Black Skull.

    Unless you're implying the Black Ooze means a Xenomorph which wouldn't make sense, at least from what I recall, Xenomorph ooze is Green, not Black. Even then how would that explain the Honey Coloured Gold splattered all over the place?

    I don't think it's Jason because those two colours and skull has never really been associated with him.

    Same reason why I don't think it's Pennywise.

    The only Killer that I can stretch it out for it to say something about is Candyman, but that is purely because there was a mural in the Candyman trailer that kinda looks like the one we see on the Forums right now with a Skull looking upwards, and again, the Honey Coloured Gold splatter all over the place.

    It should be safe to ignore the skulls. There has been 3 skulls shown so far, and all 3 fit perfectly into DbD's tally mark logo. Im 99% certain that those was added after the fact to be a diversion. The original teaser didn't even have a skull and I think this is where it was first shown.

    Canada’s leading independent game development studio Behaviour Interactive has extended an invitation to celebrate the 4th anniversary of its iconic asymmetrical 4v1 game Dead by Daylight by tuning in to a very special stream and a jaw-dropping reveal. Set your alarms and join us on Twitch and Youtube on May 26 at 2pm EST. During…

    If the skulls was important to the new Killer. Why make a version of the teaser without the skulls? These devs have made several mistakes in coding the game, but they aren't so inept to have their original teaser be missing a skull if it was important.

    Them being made of gold and oozing blackness can also be ignored. They already oozed in the tally mark logo so that is worthless as a teaser, but the gold is likely just an artistic flare to reflect the teaser having gold.


    As for honey and it's golden color. I just don't see the teaser showing honey itself. The 4 has perfectly sharp edges and the gold in the background are in and out of focus. Honey itself is VERY thick/gooey and extremely sticky. No way in hell you can make the shape of that 4 with it and the background gold. It they was more blob like, yeah I can see it being honey. But not with it being that clean and in so small of parts. Pollen as well is s different shade of yellow to gold and is a powder. Maybe the background gold could be pollen, but not the 4 itself. And as for the 4 looking like a hook. Not seeing that either. Not with the horizontal line crossing so much over the vertical line. A hook shape would be to have the horizontal line stop before reaching the vertical line.


    Candyman is possible. I just don't see it adding up. The details don't match well enough in my opinion.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295933#Comment_1295933

    The Demogorgon as incredibly sci-fi so that argument against Alien goes right out the window.

    But it has more of a slasher aesthetic than the Xenomorph could ever justify.

    So while the inclusion of the Demogorgon is indeed odd, it's still within the realms of Dead by Daylight since it's a collection of Slasher and Horror trope Killers.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295897#Comment_1295897

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7G__dJWkAAeXlY.jpg

    That was all we had for the 3rd year teaser and people figured out we was getting Ghostface by looking at the font used for the 3, the colors used throughout the image, and the materials/textures used for the font/background.

    This year it is the same deal. We have to use the 4th year's image to figure out who the next Killer is. And ONLY that image.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295885#Comment_1295885

    It should be safe to ignore the skulls. There has been 3 skulls shown so far, and all 3 fit perfectly into DbD's tally mark logo. Im 99% certain that those was added after the fact to be a diversion. The original teaser didn't even have a skull and I think this is where it was first shown.

    https://invisioncommunity.co.uk/dead-by-daylight-celebrates-4th-anniversary-with-new-chapter/

    If the skulls was important to the new Killer. Why make a version of the teaser without the skulls? These devs have made several mistakes in coding the game, but they aren't so inept to have their original teaser be missing a skull if it was important.

    Them being made of gold and oozing blackness can also be ignored. They already oozed in the tally mark logo so that is worthless as a teaser, but the gold is likely just an artistic flare to reflect the teaser having gold.

    As for honey and it's golden color. I just don't see the teaser showing honey itself. The 4 has perfectly sharp edges and the gold in the background are in and out of focus. Honey itself is VERY thick/gooey and extremely sticky. No way in hell you can make the shape of that 4 with it and the background gold. It they was more blob like, yeah I can see it being honey. But not with it being that clean and in so small of parts. Pollen as well is s different shade of yellow to gold and is a powder. Maybe the background gold could be pollen, but not the 4 itself. And as for the 4 looking like a hook. Not seeing that either. Not with the horizontal line crossing so much over the vertical line. A hook shape would be to have the horizontal line stop before reaching the vertical line.

    Candyman is possible. I just don't see it adding up. The details don't match well enough in my opinion.

    I still think Candyman is the most possible candidate purely because of all the circumstantial evidence surrounding him, I just cannot see it being Jason because he is in legal hell, I cannot see it being Pennywise because his character conflicts with the Entity, unless he is a completely new Pennywise that is different to the ones we see in IT, not to mention Stephen King is very wary of his properties in the hands of other creators, I don't see it being Xenomorph, the teaser you showed me yourself is not reminiscent of anything from the Alien series, not to mention, unlike Demodoggy, the Xenomorph would look rather out of place in the rogues gallery of characters that DBD has, I also don't see it being Pinhead because nothing we have been shown points to it possibly being him, LeaksByDaylight possibly eluded to the fact it might be him but they aren't exactly the most reliable source of information given how much they've changed their stance for this killer alone.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295965#Comment_1295965

    I still think Candyman is the most possible candidate purely because of all the circumstantial evidence surrounding him, I just cannot see it being Jason because he is in legal hell, I cannot see it being Pennywise because his character conflicts with the Entity, unless he is a completely new Pennywise that is different to the ones we see in IT, not to mention Stephen King is very wary of his properties in the hands of other creators, I don't see it being Xenomorph, the teaser you showed me yourself is not reminiscent of anything from the Alien series, not to mention, unlike Demodoggy, the Xenomorph would look rather out of place in the rogues gallery of characters that DBD has, I also don't see it being Pinhead because nothing we have been shown points to it possibly being him, LeaksByDaylight possibly eluded to the fact it might be him but they aren't exactly the most reliable source of information given how much they've changed their stance for this killer alone.

    If nothing fits, then look for something else. You don't need to stick with the common suggestions and need to think for other possible Killers.


    @Chewy102 said:

    https://s3.deadbydaylight.com/data/dbd4th-1920x1080-final-skull.jpg

    I believe this teaser hints towards The Creature from the Black Lagoon and I am going to, attempt, to detail why.

    TLDR- It boils down to more or less this clip. Focus on how the water looks overall and what shapes the actress takes at the 2 minute mark then compare that to the teaser above.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ariuokNFhSw

    Long details- I need to explain the teaser itself and my thinking beforehand.

    First I am assuming the 4th teaser is using the same guidelines as the 3rd teaser who hinted towards Ghostface. In the 3rd teaser the font used for the 3, it being made of blood, and the background all was hints. The font looked like it was made by a knife and roughly looked like a Scream 3 poster. The 3 being made of blood supported it being made by a knife. And the background also looked like a form of white plastic. The other 3rd year images shown the same background and had other Killers in a black/white contrast, but looked somewhat like a negative.

    That all pointed towards Ghostface and some here called it. They was right! Now let me put that line of thinking into the 4th teaser.

    Before getting into it though I have to point out the skull within the teaser. I am choosing to 90% ignore it. That skull has unofficially been said to be part of the DbD's tally mark logo. I am assuming it has next to nothing to do with the teaser itself and is a red herring added in as a decoy. That teaser is in fact the 2ND teaser! When the teaser was first shown, that skull was missing. So I choose to ignore the skull as of now.

    Starting out, the font used. That 4's font at first drove me insane. Spent far too long finding another text that matched it ending up with nothing at all. Then about an hour+ ago I noticed something else that looked like that font. A pair of human legs. In the clip above at the 2 minute mark you will see the actress's legs form a rough shape of the teaser's 4! it is backwards and upside down, but a pair of human legs is 100% able to make the font used in the 4th teaser. The clip also can explain why the 4 stretches all the way down below the image. At the 2:26 mark, the Creature wants to grab her by the leg and drag her down with it. All the way to the bottom.

    This clip in my opinion proves that The Creature from the Black Lagoon fits the 4's font and why it oddly goes so far down.

    Next is the gold used to make the 4 and spread over the background. Simple enough. TCftBL is from the GOLDEN AGE of classic horror films! Maybe this is a bit too simple of thinking, but it fits the gold used in the teaser and the teasers description referring it to be a "classic license". Not much else to note here in truth.

    Lastly, the blackness in the background. I think it is water. At first I thought it was oil due to the skull ozzing black liquid. But after ignoring the skull and comparing to TCftBL, I noticed what shapes the gold in the background took. The gold are varying sizes and shapes of circles in and out of focus. In the clip above you will see that those gold circles look like air bubbles in water! Air bubbles in water look very much like circles of varying sizes/shapes that are in and out of focus to the camera.

    Takes a bit of imagination, but the background looking like water makes TCftBL fit this part of the hint as well!

    The Creature from the Black Lagoon fits all 3 parts of the teaser and it fits in being a horror classic. The odd font and shape of the 4, the background's colors/textures, and the gold throughout it. Granted this is my interpretation of those hints and there can be MANY ways to interpret a teaser made to be as vague as possible, so this could very well be wrong. But The Creature from the Black Lagoon is the first and ONLY horror movie I have found to come close to fitting everything. And it doesn't just come close, it is a near perfect fit!


    That's my take on the teaser and why it hints to The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

    The 4's font takes the same shape a pair of legs does. The gold used throughout can hint towards the golden age of horror. The shapes of gold in the background can be air bubbles under water. Only 2 colors can be a hint to a black and white film, furthering hinting towards the golden age of horror. The pure blackness can be seen as water a night as well as be a hint to the name of "Black" Lagoon. The 4 itself going all the way to the bottom of the image could be Gillman's main goal in the film, to drag women to the bottom on the lagoon.

    The teaser can even be seen as a picture from the film. Someone swimming in the dead of night, their legs below a black abyss. And someone, something, is waiting for the right moment to drag them down.


    I can be stretching it in some places. But it all fits. Every little detail of the teaser fits in hinting towards Gillman! Can I be wrong? Yes, I can. But I don't think I am.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    This hype is dangerous. I can't wait to see a Pennywise announced but would love to see Pyramid Head. I'd scream to see Alien..

    Then cry if it's actually Candyman lol

    I'm never dissapointed with any character thats added because I feel they'd be added eventually anyways. I'm still under the firm believe it's a RE chapter, alternative is aliens or jason.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295897#Comment_1295897

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7G__dJWkAAeXlY.jpg

    That was all we had for the 3rd year teaser and people figured out we was getting Ghostface by looking at the font used for the 3, the colors used throughout the image, and the materials/textures used for the font/background.

    This year it is the same deal. We have to use the 4th year's image to figure out who the next Killer is. And ONLY that image.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295885#Comment_1295885

    It should be safe to ignore the skulls. There has been 3 skulls shown so far, and all 3 fit perfectly into DbD's tally mark logo. Im 99% certain that those was added after the fact to be a diversion. The original teaser didn't even have a skull and I think this is where it was first shown.

    https://invisioncommunity.co.uk/dead-by-daylight-celebrates-4th-anniversary-with-new-chapter/

    If the skulls was important to the new Killer. Why make a version of the teaser without the skulls? These devs have made several mistakes in coding the game, but they aren't so inept to have their original teaser be missing a skull if it was important.

    Them being made of gold and oozing blackness can also be ignored. They already oozed in the tally mark logo so that is worthless as a teaser, but the gold is likely just an artistic flare to reflect the teaser having gold.

    As for honey and it's golden color. I just don't see the teaser showing honey itself. The 4 has perfectly sharp edges and the gold in the background are in and out of focus. Honey itself is VERY thick/gooey and extremely sticky. No way in hell you can make the shape of that 4 with it and the background gold. It they was more blob like, yeah I can see it being honey. But not with it being that clean and in so small of parts. Pollen as well is s different shade of yellow to gold and is a powder. Maybe the background gold could be pollen, but not the 4 itself. And as for the 4 looking like a hook. Not seeing that either. Not with the horizontal line crossing so much over the vertical line. A hook shape would be to have the horizontal line stop before reaching the vertical line.

    Candyman is possible. I just don't see it adding up. The details don't match well enough in my opinion.

    I'm pretty sure we knew it was Ghostface when the devs literally leaked him on the PTB lol.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295977#Comment_1295977

    If nothing fits, then look for something else. You don't need to stick with the common suggestions and need to think for other possible Killers.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153475/the-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-calling-it-now

    That's my take on the teaser and why it hints to The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

    The 4's font takes the same shape a pair of legs does. The gold used throughout can hint towards the golden age of horror. The shapes of gold in the background can be air bubbles under water. Only 2 colors can be a hint to a black and white film, furthering hinting towards the golden age of horror. The pure blackness can be seen as water a night as well as be a hint to the name of "Black" Lagoon. The 4 itself going all the way to the bottom of the image could be Gillman's main goal in the film, to drag women to the bottom on the lagoon.

    The teaser can even be seen as a picture from the film. Someone swimming in the dead of night, their legs below a black abyss. And someone, something, is waiting for the right moment to drag them down.

    I can be stretching it in some places. But it all fits. Every little detail of the teaser fits in hinting towards Gillman! Can I be wrong? Yes, I can. But I don't think I am.

    Here is the clincher for a lot of people:

    "The Killer is an Iconic Genre-Defying Killer."

    So of course people will assume it's one of the classic slashers, people will assume it's Pennywise, Jason, Xenomorph, even possibly the Deadites from Ash vs Evil Dead.

    Because of that one line right there.

    I think it's Candyman because while he isn't exactly genre-defying to a lot of people, his first movie was rather groundbreaking for a pre-Scream Horror movie.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295664#Comment_1295664

    I'm never dissapointed with any character thats added because I feel they'd be added eventually anyways. I'm still under the firm believe it's a RE chapter, alternative is aliens or jason.

    I'd disagree slightly with that lol even if they added 2 licensed chapters a re they still would need to do it for 4-5 to get all the more popular people.

    Do you mean Resident Evil? That would be a major shock to me but I definitely wouldn't be against it. Suits their descriptions anyway since the survivor is mysterious (based off the movies) and it's a big franchise. Wouldn't say the killer is iconic enough though if it's Nemesis.

  • @NotSimoun said:

    I don't know how you guys did it but 9 times out of 10 a killer has been leaked or accurately speculated at least a week or more before the PTB. I remember Ghostface and Oni leak, Netflix clues on the Demo, or "Gunslinger", the community found out way too soon but this time we have no idea. As much as I like figuring it out early as much as the next guy, I liked having to find out the new killer and playing them right away instead of counting down the days to play them because I found out too early. This amount of hype can be dangerous though, let's hope the new killer lives up to the team and the players' expectations.

    We do havd an idea. People only question it cause Scott said so. Which I do not understand. Its candyman, obv.

  • I won't tell you if your right or not but your answer may be hidden in the question below 😏

    If you know a P3 leatherface has iron grasp and agitation, do you expect insidious?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295933#Comment_1295933

    The Demogorgon as incredibly sci-fi so that argument against Alien goes right out the window.

    I thought it was more horror but w/e

  • Plus I am fine with adding alien but he would be super op so I really don't want to hear bitching from survivors asking for it to be an alien.

    They are super fast and nimble their base speed would be like 200% and would leap over dropped pallets and set face hugger traps much like if trappers bear traps had heat seeking abilities so yes by all means add alien lol

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296354#Comment_1296354

    You're talking like the developers always stay true to what the licensed killers do, if that was the case, Freddy wouldn't allow survivors to do generators at all, the entire world would warp and entrap them and he'd kill them off pretty quickly. It's even stated lore wise that the Entity took some of his powers away while giving him new ones, why wouldn't the same apply to literally every other licensed killer they add?

    Because I enjoy having fun and enjoy my life. You should takes notes and relax a bit.

  • Those expecting someone like Pennywise or Jason need to lower their expectations. Nor is it Candyman. That's all I will say.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295965#Comment_1295965

    I still think Candyman is the most possible candidate purely because of all the circumstantial evidence surrounding him, I just cannot see it being Jason because he is in legal hell, I cannot see it being Pennywise because his character conflicts with the Entity, unless he is a completely new Pennywise that is different to the ones we see in IT, not to mention Stephen King is very wary of his properties in the hands of other creators, I don't see it being Xenomorph, the teaser you showed me yourself is not reminiscent of anything from the Alien series, not to mention, unlike Demodoggy, the Xenomorph would look rather out of place in the rogues gallery of characters that DBD has, I also don't see it being Pinhead because nothing we have been shown points to it possibly being him, LeaksByDaylight possibly eluded to the fact it might be him but they aren't exactly the most reliable source of information given how much they've changed their stance for this killer alone.

    As much as I wish we got SOME sorta hint, I personally believe the skulls are nothing more than a nice cheeky reference to the tally marks and that's it, plus, apparently one of the devs have said the skulls mean nothing to the new chapter. The black ooze is also simply there to stream down and create the tally marks themselves. The color scheme is also something I don't think means anything, just colors that complement each other and the hook is also just a coincidence. I mean, if it does turn out to be Candyman, yeah, I'll be slightly disappointed but Tony Todd is awesome and I wouldn't piss and moan for long. I of course have my preferences(Jason and Xeno) but would ultimately be ok with it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295685#Comment_1295685

    The devs could be throwing us a red herring on purpose, they know we are craving clues so why not throw out ones that totally derail us from the surprise. No, we don't have solid evidence, we have arrows pointing towards things, one of those things being Candyman, but it is not proof. It's all speculation.

    @NotSimoun said:

    I don't know how you guys did it but 9 times out of 10 a killer has been leaked or accurately speculated at least a week or more before the PTB. I remember Ghostface and Oni leak, Netflix clues on the Demo, or "Gunslinger", the community found out way too soon but this time we have no idea. As much as I like figuring it out early as much as the next guy, I liked having to find out the new killer and playing them right away instead of counting down the days to play them because I found out too early. This amount of hype can be dangerous though, let's hope the new killer lives up to the team and the players' expectations.

    These two are complete opposites.

    Like OP has said lol

    Mostly every killer has been leaked, and it'll probably be leaked before the PTB.


  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1295991#Comment_1295991

    Here is the clincher for a lot of people:

    "The Killer is an Iconic Genre-Defying Killer."

    So of course people will assume it's one of the classic slashers, people will assume it's Pennywise, Jason, Xenomorph, even possibly the Deadites from Ash vs Evil Dead.

    Because of that one line right there.

    I think it's Candyman because while he isn't exactly genre-defying to a lot of people, his first movie was rather groundbreaking for a pre-Scream Horror movie.

    Genre-defying maybe, but iconic is far fetched. I loved horror growing up but when things were popping up about it being Candyman I had to google who he was. I didn't grow up in the US and it turns out they only showed Candyman in NA, maybe parts of EU for sequels? Point is, when I think "iconic" I think worldwide and he doesn't have that appeal for me. Of course I'd still accept him and I'm all for licensed killers and the growth of DBD but when the marketing team gives us that quote for something to munch on, the hype gets to an all time high and I personally don't know if I can reach that.