Sick of 5 minute games

Seriously all you need to do is make it almost useless to solo a gen in a reasonable amount of time. Survivors should need to work as a team through co op actions to outsmart the killer. This would allow killers to actually play the game. To balance this increase the speed at which gens are completed after someone dies.

Comments

  • I think matchmaking is in good spot. Only like 2/20 games ever have genrushing. It is really small percentage, but those small percentage of games are nearly unwinnable for killer. It is really strange because often those games feel like your downing every chase in 30 seconds where the survivors are failing every loop and than maybe you get like 1 minute chase and soon after, all generator are poped. I know arguement, "you didn't down fast enough" but Its like... was it even possible to down faster than that?". That is top level DBD for you. you take your black pip and you move on to the next game as killer. It is a lot different for survivor as survivor can always pip regardless of team strength and like 50% of the time, you'll end up escaping while piping if your decent at the game. I think only thing that needs looking into is instant downs regarding that chaser emblem for killer.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287591#Comment_1287591

    Define playing well. Mind games, moonwalking into a 180 swing, switching targets, hit and run, slugging, not breaking unsafe pallets, not chasing sprint burst, and using strong perks are all in my playbook. 7 times out of 10, I enter a match with 4 players already waiting in the lobby.

    But ok, let's assume that I'm a bad killer. Why exactly does matchmaking keep placing me against these people? Why am I not facing players of my own skill level and rank?

    My dude, 4 survivors being in the lobby does not mean it's swf. That's just how lobbies work now. And it's been that way for a long time.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287272#Comment_1287272

    So your saying forever freddy is fair and balanced against solos?

    The add-ons were nerfed into the ground, I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I saw this build being used after that.

  • @OutcastEric said:

    Seriously all you need to do is make it almost useless to solo a gen in a reasonable amount of time. Survivors should need to work as a team through co op actions to outsmart the killer. This would allow killers to actually play the game. To balance this increase the speed at which gens are completed after someone dies.

    The gens are done in a reasonable amount of time. I’m sick of getting tunneled and Mori’d just because I was the first one to inevitably get caught. How about that? How long was that game for me? Was that fun? No.

    this game is meant for fast solo work too in the sense that you should be creating pressure from multiple gens rather than one.! They nerfed coop repairs a bit.

  • Yeah, that post is about to hit 5 months old. Any chance on a current update on progress? Is this new system expected to even go live before the end of the year?

    Matchmaking is an abysmal mess, and I won't even recommend this game to people right now until it is fixed. It simply isn't fun.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287393#Comment_1287393

    Then please tell me how to counter it in solo q where my teamamtes play like potatos. Oh wait thats right i cant only way to counter is to play swf but thats "op and toxic"

    Or use the mechanics. Half of the stuff is neutralized by just being awake.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    Imagine calling "forever" Freddy OP when it only adds +6% slowdown (yellow rope + green rope) or +12% (green rope + swing chains and only if all four survivors are asleep, which is rare).

    I can equip the same slowdown perks on legion with the 2 blade add ons. Does he become forever Legion?

    I agree. USED to be OP. That I'd agree with. Now,not so much.

  • @kazakun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287399#Comment_1287399

    Or use the mechanics. Half of the stuff is neutralized by just being awake.

    Im awake. My teamamtes arnt

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287293#Comment_1287293

    The way I'd do it:

    Until 2 gens are complete, no one injured can work on a generator.

    This would encourage healing.

    No, this would encourage Sloppy Butcher/Thanataphobia/Nurse's Calling and make Wraith the most OP thing I could ever think of existing.

  • Well you could try to wake them up. Or at least not work on the gen they are on. I don't really see that many players that are completely useless except at low rank. I didn't play survivor forever and got ranked way down. Like 18 lol. I'm seeing people that don't do anything at all but benefit from your work at best,and sandbag you at worst. That's on top of most low rank killers being "cheap" by most people's standards. Slugging,camping, whatever. I usually stay at purple for both roles. I've always played solo. Rarely see someone being a total idiot. Maybe playing immersed,or being scared,but that's it.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287569#Comment_1287569

    That's how the game should work, but with coms they always have information and can rotate. Not to mention that, with the amount of safe pallets and loops, plus second chance perks, no killer can win.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287574#Comment_1287574

    The same bs excuse. I get them all the time, not rarely. Vpn to the San Paulo servers and play at 1am cst, then tell me how rare these players are. Guarantee you will be screaming at the devs to fix this crap. I would pay good money for the balance team to play on this region for a week straight.

    @Dwinchester

    I gave you the other side of that coin, because there are too many variables and instances that occur during a match that it isn't just a one size fits all.

    A survivor being in a swf team does not automatically gain them skill. If swf were actually OP simply for having comms, that means every swf would be winning. Which according to data is not the case.

  • You guys always meme stuff. "Apply pressure" isn't a meme, it's a truth of the game. It really isn't hard to pressure survivors, especially now with the shrinking and touch-ups to big maps. If killer players genuinely struggle to apply pressure, build momentum, outplay the survivors, then they genuinely and sincerely aren't as good as they think they probably are. There are skillful ways to juggle; pressure and patrol the survivors; gens and hooks, that actually increases interactivity between both sides as well as not losing or winning in 5mins or less. If you seriously have loads of very short games, take a look at how you play and be your own critic. Learn to play better. Seriously. (And that doesn't mean slap on slowdown perks to compensate)

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287399#Comment_1287399

    It's not the killer's fault you have monkeys on your team

    ^Nor is it the fault of the solo survivor.

    It is hard enough now going in solo, making it "useless to solo a gen in a reasonable amount of time" would just punish the largest group of survivors, solos, and push for more SWF. Which from reading these forum posts killers would like to avoid anything promoting SWF groups.

  • Or, you know, bring corrupt intervention. I honestly have no idea how people find killer so difficult. You're either just not good at the role or are attempting to play using some dude's perks you saw on a stream somewhere and think you're gonna steamroll survivors. 🙄

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I think I never had a 5 minute game as Killer, except when I was protecting the Basement Chest as Bubba and nobody came to visit me.

    Let me know when you do it next I'll come visit <3 me some leatherface

  • As killer i never had any 5 Minute game, despite some SWFs i trashed cause they thought flashlights are easy wins. As survivor i only had 5 minute games against afk wraith, chest bubba, and slugging nurse. So you probably do something really wrong.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287544#Comment_1287544

    Killers should never be nerfed just because of bad teams. That's the precise reason low-tier Killers get annihilated by the SWF death squads

    I would like to interject that I shouldn't be forced to play in a good SWF to have a chance at winning either. When I play solo, I always know the outcome of the match based on the killer and that is horrible balance in a video game.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287585#Comment_1287585

    @Dwinchester

    I gave you the other side of that coin, because there are too many variables and instances that occur during a match that it isn't just a one size fits all.

    A survivor being in a swf team does not automatically gain them skill. If swf were actually OP simply for having comms, that means every swf would be winning. Which according to data is not the case.

    It's super kindred. Tells you exactly who the killer is, where he is, and what he's doing. It tells you how many totems are done, it negates slugging, hard counters trapper and hag when used with object.

    Killer relies on you not having information, which swf gives you a ton of. It would be like every killer having scratched mirror, then saying it's not op.

  • Okay, record the game, or see what perks/add ons they're using. There's no reason that you shouldn't be getting a game done as killer within 5 minutes by the hands of survivors. There's a few reasons as to why this is happening.

    A: They're being immersive and you don't know where to look for them/visual ques.

    B: You're letting them loop you without being able to hurt them so you're not able to know when to give up a chase or not.

    There are 4 survivors, if all of them work on gens to where they 3 gen themselves and you're not able to pressure them at that point, then you need to change your strats.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287543#Comment_1287543

    That's cute. 4 man swf squad comes in on coms. 4 players on 4 gens on a coldwin map. Hey, it's a wraith, he's on me, keep working on gens. Alright, he hit me and is headed towards cow tree, get off that gen now, im on the gen by shack. 3 gens pop. Crap guys, im fixing to go down, hide in the locker on the jungle gym and hit him with head on. Ok, I'm jumping in the locker, use the locker tech flashlight save that's impossible to counter. Well, the gens are done, ggez, be sure to teabag the toxic killer at the gates.

    Then your issue is with SWF, not the game. I really wish you guys would stop complaining about things that are SWF related, SWF trials shouldn't apply to the overall game as a whole.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    And im sick of 30 minute games against forever freddy :D. I'd rather get gen rushed as killer then play against forever freddy as survivor

    No.

  • Whats wrong with my opinion? And my bad completely forgot forever freddy was nerfed, still would rather get gen rushed then go against forever freddy

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287393#Comment_1287393

    Then please tell me how to counter it in solo q where my teamamtes play like potatos. Oh wait thats right i cant only way to counter is to play swf but thats "op and toxic"

    so lets balance the game around potatoes! Thats what they should do?? Lmaoo

  • @SpiritLover1133 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287399#Comment_1287399

    so lets balance the game around potatoes! Thats what they should do?? Lmaoo

    Did I ask for it to be nerfed? Just saying IN MY OPINION its op because so many survivors are potatoes. Dosent mean i want it nerfed

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288613#Comment_1288613

    Did I ask for it to be nerfed? Just saying IN MY OPINION its op because so many survivors are potatoes. Dosent mean i want it nerfed

    The game is extremely survivor sided— I play solo and I escape 9/10 of my matches. We also stopped doing tournaments because it’s impossible for killers to win its crazy.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287562#Comment_1287562

    Then your issue is with SWF, not the game. I really wish you guys would stop complaining about things that are SWF related, SWF trials shouldn't apply to the overall game as a whole.

    I'm sorry, but that's the silliest thing I've heard in a while. Swf isn't some mod that you can choose not to play against. It's a feature in the game, so it 100% should apply to the game as a whole.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1287568#Comment_1287568

    I would like to interject that I shouldn't be forced to play in a good SWF to have a chance at winning either. When I play solo, I always know the outcome of the match based on the killer and that is horrible balance in a video game.

    Play a game that has both sides using teams then. You can't play a game where you rely on teammates to succeed, then complain that your teammates aren't good enough to win

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288523#Comment_1288523

    I'm sorry, but that's the silliest thing I've heard in a while. Swf isn't some mod that you can choose not to play against. It's a feature in the game, so it 100% should apply to the game as a whole.

    No, it doesn't. Things that happen in SWF doesn't apply at all to what happens in solo survivor. SWF has voice chat, does it not? Perks are better in SWF because of voice chat, are they not? Killers are at a major disadvantage in SWF, are they not? Explain to me how these things apply to solo survivor, I'll wait. How about you stop whining and don't play SWF, yeah? Thanks man.

  • People actually manage to get to 5 minutes?

    Cause I've seen worse when getting insta-moried and tunneled at the start of the game.

    RIP survs at 2 mins.


    Edit: Typo.

  • The discussion of "OLD RUIN" comes up again and again.

    Thana and Ruin seam to be the only passive abilities a killer had at slowing down the game.

    Ruin - Only viable if the other team didn't somehow magically SPAWN very near the totem.

    Thana - Takes care of the match IF players are injured

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288534#Comment_1288534

    Whats wrong with my opinion? And my bad completely forgot forever freddy was nerfed, still would rather get gen rushed then go against forever freddy

    There's nothing wrong with your opinion, I simply disagree with it, hence why I said no.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288740#Comment_1288740

    No, it doesn't. Things that happen in SWF doesn't apply at all to what happens in solo survivor. SWF has voice chat, does it not? Perks are better in SWF because of voice chat, are they not? Killers are at a major disadvantage in SWF, are they not? Explain to me how these things apply to solo survivor, I'll wait. How about you stop whining and don't play SWF, yeah? Thanks man.

    It doesn't matter if it affects solo or not, see is in the game and you can't ignore it because solo is weaker. You either nerf swf, or buff killer and solo. Pretending it's not part of the game solves nothing.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1289322#Comment_1289322

    It doesn't matter if it affects solo or not, see is in the game and you can't ignore it because solo is weaker. You either nerf swf, or buff killer and solo. Pretending it's not part of the game solves nothing.

    How about change the rules for SWF and keep everything else the same. Other games change their rules depending on the game mode, it can happen for this one too.

1 2 ›