How would you change Freddy?

For starters this isn't a "Freddy is OP" post, a more of an open discussion. I often see a lot complaints about Freddy from survivor mains and some killer mains. I'm interested to see those who have those complaints what they would change about Freddy.

The main complaints is that Freddy is incredibly dull to play against. Freddy's often don't have any variety in play style, it's often predictable what a game against Freddy is going to be like. Also Freddy can shut down loops without much thought to it with his snares.

Another complaint about Freddy is that whilst he's one of the strongest killers in the game, he doesn't take much time or effort to master. Is easier to play compared to other killers of a similar strength such as Nurse, Spirit, Billy and Hag.

As someone who plays Freddy, whilst Freddy is my least favourite killer to play against, my main issue with him is that I did not take much time for me to be able to play as him optimally. Therefore he doesn't feel as rewarding to win games with Freddy, compared to how it does with other killers.

What I personally would change about Freddy is that I'd make it that BT would work against him whether you're awake or in dream state.

If Freddy was to be nerfed I could live without his snares, if meant his his ability to teleport to gens was buffed.

Comment your opinions.

Comments

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    Why do people think Freddy needs changing? I think he is perfectly fine as is. If you understand him as a killer you know how to counter him, so I wouldn't even remotely say he is OP. I see some people complaining about his snares, which are basically the exact same as Clown's gas. Basically hating on Freddy's snares is like saying you hate playing against Clown, yet clown is deemed one of the worst killers.

    The only thing I could say against Freddy is I feel like his lunge goes further than most killers, even though the devs claim his lunge is normal. But I think he was perfectly reworked & doesn't need tampering with.

    ...Freddy has the highest kill rate in the game and requires very little skill to play. He is really nothing like the Clown. 🤷

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271143#Comment_1271143

    Okay then that's really your problem isn't it? If he is boring, but his power level is fine. Then why make a fuss about it?

    Clearly there are people who like going against him like @Hoodied and myself.

    I'm sure those people wouldn't mind if he was even more enjoyable. Same goes for people who like going against moris or keys.

  • revert him to pre-rework.... but i just miss old freddy

  • Lol at everyone wanting pallets base kit.

    It's his most powerful ability. You run into an area with 4 pallets, you're getting downed.

    If anything should be changed, it's snares should have their slowdown removed. It's mainly for detecting survivors. You use pallets if you want to win chases.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270555#Comment_1270555

    Again I ask, so? Why is it required for a killer to require a considerable time investment before you can start enjoying your time with him? Wouldnt making some killers more accessible lessen the stress on killers (which is one of the complaints I hear)? Why is Freddy "unfair" just because the killer didnt have to sink a ton of time into learning him like Nurse or Billy? This just seems like a really weird level of thinking to me. Freddy is counterable, he can be beaten if you know how to play against him. So why is it a problem for you that the person playing with him didnt spend a crap ton of time mastering him to be able to compete with you?

    It definitely shouldn't be necessary to invest a huge amount of time in order to enjoy a killer.There are killers that can be fun without having to invest a lot of time playing them.

    In my opinion i think if you want to play something strong then you should also invest a comparable amount of time in mastering it.

    Freddys power,in terms of accessibility,is perfect.Quite simple,easy to understand and learn.

    I just think it needs to be toned down just a bit to accomodate the fact that his power is easy to learn.

    The only counterplay to freddy is to either drop the pallets early or trying to stay awake as long as possible.And that,in my opinion, is just really boring design.It's the same situation like plague where you have to stay broken the whole match.

    Killers should have more interesting forms of counterplay rather than just hiding/stay awake etc.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    Why do people think Freddy needs changing? I think he is perfectly fine as is. If you understand him as a killer you know how to counter him, so I wouldn't even remotely say he is OP. I see some people complaining about his snares, which are basically the exact same as Clown's gas. Basically hating on Freddy's snares is like saying you hate playing against Clown, yet clown is deemed one of the worst killers.

    The only thing I could say against Freddy is I feel like his lunge goes further than most killers, even though the devs claim his lunge is normal. But I think he was perfectly reworked & doesn't need tampering with.

    Just because Clown is bad doesn't mean he's fun to play against. Just like facecamping, even if it's completely counterable that doesn't change the fact that countering it is really boring. Clown's power is annoying to play against and the only way to counter it is to throw down every pallet you come across while your teammates rush gens. No skill based gameplay to be seen

  • I would only change his teleport so he has to commit to it. I mean he can snar,chase,fake a tele. All at the same time. Its pretty crazy

  • I wouldn't change Freddy. I would change most of the other Killer's to be more like Freddy.

    Freddy is the most balanced Killer in the game, since he makes the game more than just running in circles till a survivor drops the pallet or not. He actually can catch survivors off guard, you can't out run him forever, and he is strong to mind game with. He actually brings Horror back into the game, unlike most of the Killer's who don't have vast enough abilities that survivors just walk the floor with them by running in circles.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270409#Comment_1270409

    Aren't ultra rare add-ons supposed to be powerful? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

    No, they're supposed to completely change the way you play the killer or provide something more unique than a straight buff to the killer's abilities. Think Amanda's Letter, Judith's Tombstone, Mint Rag, Iridescent Stone, Waterlogged Shoe, Iridescent Button, Outdoor Security Camera, Matchbox, Torn Bookmark, Readhead's Pinky Finger, Iridescent Coin, Iridescent Seal, Renjiro's Bloody Glove. Ultra Rare addons that just give the killer a straight buff are no fun, like Mother Daughter Ring or Iridescent Head. Both of Freddy's addons are too good and most survivors just kill themselves on hook against them, especially the one that keeps your obsession asleep for the whole trial.

  • freddy just has too many powers that makes him too op

  • @Tricks said:

    People just need to understand how to counter Freddy, and rather than just saying that and leaving it up to the imagination like everyone else seems to do round here, here's how!

    For Stealth anti-Freddy strat you need to understand two things.

    Firstly listen for the blowing wind sound. If your near a gen and its not spewing blood it means your safe as Freddy is teleporting to another gen, so continue about your business.

    If you see blood spewing from a gen it either means hes about to do one of the following

    • Teleport to that gen
    • He could just be trying to spook people off a gen with no intention of teleporting and may be waiting near by to see if anyone runs off
    • Or he has class photo slotted meaning every gen spews blood with no husk before he teleports so you may or may not be safe.

    In any circumstance its best to sneak away from the gen slowly and hide near by if blood is spewing as it will take a couple of seconds for him to get his bearings in his new husk. If he doesn't appear just return to whatever it was you where doing near that gen.

    Secondly don't get confused when heart beat changes to lullaby when going into dream state. Survivors are used to the heart beat, best to get used to knowing lullaby distancing with Freddy by playing against him.

    Also the combination of Kindred, Spine Chill and Alert will make the above so much easier.

    You really can't mention stealth as a counter to freddy because that applies to all killers,except maybe doctor.

  • @TheButcher said:

    I wouldn't change Freddy. I would change most of the other Killer's to be more like Freddy.

    Freddy is the most balanced Killer in the game, since he makes the game more than just running in circles till a survivor drops the pallet or not. He actually can catch survivors off guard, you can't out run him forever, and he is strong to mind game with. He actually brings Horror back into the game, unlike most of the Killer's who don't have vast enough abilities that survivors just walk the floor with them by running in circles.

    I agree in the sense of changing weak killers before strong killers.

    The only thing that lets him mind game a tiny bit more than other killers is fake teleporting to a gen but that's it.

    I would rather say that killers like Hillbilly are way more balanced than Freddy.A killer that is really strong if you invest time in learning him with a good potential in mind games and counterplay.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271129#Comment_1271129

    No, they're supposed to completely change the way you play the killer or provide something more unique than a straight buff to the killer's abilities. Think Amanda's Letter, Judith's Tombstone, Mint Rag, Iridescent Stone, Waterlogged Shoe, Iridescent Button, Outdoor Security Camera, Matchbox, Torn Bookmark, Readhead's Pinky Finger, Iridescent Coin, Iridescent Seal, Renjiro's Bloody Glove. Ultra Rare addons that just give the killer a straight buff are no fun, like Mother Daughter Ring or Iridescent Head. Both of Freddy's addons are too good and most survivors just kill themselves on hook against them, especially the one that keeps your obsession asleep for the whole trial.

    I agree,a good designed Ultra rare addon either conpletely changes your play style or has some kind of high risk high reward design in mind

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I’d honestly change him back to how he was.

    I loved all the mind games and tricks while invisible I could play on awake survivors. I.e. wait for an optimal time to put them to sleep so I can pop out at them where they least expect it.

    Plus when Dream Demon was used cleverly and aggressively, Freddy could either keep most survivors under the influence of the 50% debuff most of the time (slower with add-ons and/or perks), or just as clever, take advantage of survivors stupidity and force them to do LOADS of repeated failed skillchecks on gens, effectively getting survivors to repeatedly undo their repair progress over and over again.

    In a game still riddled with gen rush, old Freddy was the best solution to that issue when he was used properly.

    Oh yeah, and I loved how he could TOTALLY render OoO completely useless

    gEn RuSh iS aN iSsUe

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    Lol at everyone wanting pallets base kit.

    It's his most powerful ability. You run into an area with 4 pallets, you're getting downed.

    If anything should be changed, it's snares should have their slowdown removed. It's mainly for detecting survivors. You use pallets if you want to win chases.

    At least pallets are more interactive. I personally wouldn't mind Freddy being a bit stronger.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270561#Comment_1270561

    It definitely shouldn't be necessary to invest a huge amount of time in order to enjoy a killer.There are killers that can be fun without having to invest a lot of time playing them.

    In my opinion i think if you want to play something strong then you should also invest a comparable amount of time in mastering it.

    Freddys power,in terms of accessibility,is perfect.Quite simple,easy to understand and learn.

    I just think it needs to be toned down just a bit to accomodate the fact that his power is easy to learn.

    The only counterplay to freddy is to either drop the pallets early or trying to stay awake as long as possible.And that,in my opinion, is just really boring design.It's the same situation like plague where you have to stay broken the whole match.

    Killers should have more interesting forms of counterplay rather than just hiding/stay awake etc.

    I agree that the difficulty to power level ratio is the main issue.

  • @TheButcher said:

    I wouldn't change Freddy. I would change most of the other Killer's to be more like Freddy.

    Freddy is the most balanced Killer in the game, since he makes the game more than just running in circles till a survivor drops the pallet or not. He actually can catch survivors off guard, you can't out run him forever, and he is strong to mind game with. He actually brings Horror back into the game, unlike most of the Killer's who don't have vast enough abilities that survivors just walk the floor with them by running in circles.

    I'd rather killer still take a modicum of skill.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1272119#Comment_1272119

    Just because Clown is bad doesn't mean he's fun to play against. Just like facecamping, even if it's completely counterable that doesn't change the fact that countering it is really boring. Clown's power is annoying to play against and the only way to counter it is to throw down every pallet you come across while your teammates rush gens. No skill based gameplay to be seen

    I barely hear anyone say that Clown is annoying to play against. And honestly countering him does require a bit of skill in that you have to bait his throws or utilize tiles in different ways to avoid his gas. Dropping pallets early is a solid technique for survivors because then he either has to waste his time breaking them or has to attempt to mindgame them. Only reason I wouldn't find him fun to play against is because of how bad he is. It gets boring watching weak killers struggle to win matches against good teams. I actually love the thrill of going up against a Clown who knows what he's doing.

    As for Freddy, the only thing that could make his power slightly stronger than Clown's is that it is more consistent. But I don't get how it is annoying. Sorry it stops you from looping him to infinity, but not every killer should be ran through a loop the exact same way...

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1272119#Comment_1272119

    ...Freddy has the highest kill rate in the game and requires very little skill to play. He is really nothing like the Clown. 🤷

    His snares are basically a version of the Clown's ability. I only mentioned Clown because I saw people complaining about the snares. But I feel like it's the low ranks that contribute to Freddy being so strong. Playing in low ranks everyone fears him, while in high ranks everyone outplays him. I will say I do agree that Freddy requires very little skill, but I don't think he is as strong as he is made out to be. The only change I can find remotely acceptable to his snares would be to make the distance they can be placed next to one another slightly increased so that he doesn't just bombard one small area with a crap load of them. Making dream pallets base feels meh because it was a fun gimmick at first, but now they aren't really that exciting. It keeps them remotely interesting with them as an addon because most people expect the snares since they are base. If pallets are base then almost always people will be on the lookout for them, which kinda defeats their purpose...

  • Remove Oblivious effect. Punish him for spamming his pools (slight slow like with, say, Clown, whose job he does much better.) Job done.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273003#Comment_1273003

    I barely hear anyone say that Clown is annoying to play against. And honestly countering him does require a bit of skill in that you have to bait his throws or utilize tiles in different ways to avoid his gas. Dropping pallets early is a solid technique for survivors because then he either has to waste his time breaking them or has to attempt to mindgame them. Only reason I wouldn't find him fun to play against is because of how bad he is. It gets boring watching weak killers struggle to win matches against good teams. I actually love the thrill of going up against a Clown who knows what he's doing.

    As for Freddy, the only thing that could make his power slightly stronger than Clown's is that it is more consistent. But I don't get how it is annoying. Sorry it stops you from looping him to infinity, but not every killer should be ran through a loop the exact same way...

    All I hear from people about Clown is how unfun he is to go against. Chase is boring and he refuses to apply pressure.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    For starters this isn't a "Freddy is OP" post, a more of an open discussion. I often see a lot complaints about Freddy from survivor mains and some killer mains. I'm interested to see those who have those complaints what they would change about Freddy.

    The main complaints is that Freddy is incredibly dull to play against. Freddy's often don't have any variety in play style, it's often predictable what a game against Freddy is going to be like. Also Freddy can shut down loops without much thought to it with his snares.

    Another complaint about Freddy is that whilst he's one of the strongest killers in the game, he doesn't take much time or effort to master. Is easier to play compared to other killers of a similar strength such as Nurse, Spirit, Billy and Hag.

    As someone who plays Freddy, whilst Freddy is my least favourite killer to play against, my main issue with him is that I did not take much time for me to be able to play as him optimally. Therefore he doesn't feel as rewarding to win games with Freddy, compared to how it does with other killers.

    What I personally would change about Freddy is that I'd make it that BT would work against him whether you're awake or in dream state.

    If Freddy was to be nerfed I could live without his snares, if meant his his ability to teleport to gens was buffed.

    Comment your opinions.

    Not easy to learn or boring.


    Tired of these threads and your survivor main bias is showing hard.


    Freddy is fine as is.

  • I would make him get slowed while placing snares/dream pallets, lose bloodlust from placing snares/dream pallets, get rid of the stupid timer or make it that the timer only counts down while in TR, and get rid of the obliviousness while you are asleep, also make some kind of range that he cant place a snare next to another snare, but make snare last a little longer and maybe slow down a little more, everything else i have no problem with on freddy

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273447#Comment_1273447

    All I hear from people about Clown is how unfun he is to go against. Chase is boring and he refuses to apply pressure.

    This. The gameplay loop vs a Clown is to essnetially become blinded and slowed to the point that he forces the pallet drop, and run to the next pallet. He'll probably use a mixture of his tonic and the bloodlust mechanic to get a hit on you before you get to move on from some pallets, though, unless you got the stun.


    It's not fun to be on the survivor side of and it's a frustrating experience for the Clown player, due to the fact that there is actually a lack of player interaction involved; it's not really mindgaming, there isn't skill in this matchup beyond basic looping.

  • with the hits hes getting on me from 10 feet away i assumed they already did

  • So sick of nerf Freddy threads.


    Don't you little girls have something better to do like complain about killers who can one hit down or how bad match making is ?

  • @shwag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151999/how-would-you-change-freddy

    Not easy to learn or boring.

    Tired of these threads and your survivor main bias is showing hard.

    Freddy is fine as is.

    How is he not easy to learn or boring? Curious.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I’d honestly change him back to how he was.

    I loved all the mind games and tricks while invisible I could play on awake survivors. I.e. wait for an optimal time to put them to sleep so I can pop out at them where they least expect it.

    Plus when Dream Demon was used cleverly and aggressively, Freddy could either keep most survivors under the influence of the 50% debuff most of the time (slower with add-ons and/or perks), or just as clever, take advantage of survivors stupidity and force them to do LOADS of repeated failed skillchecks on gens, effectively getting survivors to repeatedly undo their repair progress over and over again.

    In a game still riddled with gen rush, old Freddy was the best solution to that issue when he was used properly.

    Oh yeah, and I loved how he could TOTALLY render OoO completely useless

    What mindgames dude? freddy was the worst killer in the game. Now he is good, what else you want.

  • @RFlex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1272965#Comment_1272965

    What mindgames dude? freddy was the worst killer in the game. Now he is good, what else you want.

    They probably just have nostalgia, no other reason to bring back old Freddy.


  • @RFlex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1272965#Comment_1272965

    What mindgames dude? freddy was the worst killer in the game. Now he is good, what else you want.

    I played OG Freddy at red ranks. He was actually decent but you had to play in a very unconventional way (Always try to have 2+ survivors asleep at any one time. If you're being looped disengage and ambush with his tiny terror radius) and I've had MUCH better games with him than Clown and Bubba. His base-kit had very good tracking and stall, making Ruin unneeded and allowing for big build variety similar to Myers. (Super long range double drawing Freddy, Red Paint Brush + Monitor and Abuse 0 TR Freddy, double dress anti-wakeup Freddy, etc.)


    During the sleep transition Freddy would flicker in and out of viability (Or just be invisible the whole time with Pill bottle. Imagine playing against Spirit but she can see you while phasing.) and you can double back and act extremely unpredictable during this sleep transition allowing for easy hits.


    OG Freddy was mid-tier but had to be played similar to pre-rework Doctor. Hit N' Run, keep 2+ people asleep at any one time (Discordance was excellent for jump starting your freddy match) and if you can't catch a survivor simply run away and harass someone else, then come back when they're away from a loop, etc.


    If you just chased one guy for 5 gens, yes Freddy sucked. Because of the tracking and harsh sleep slowdown you were encouraged to "Sleep N' Run" and otherwise scare people off of generators as much as possible to stall the game out, get pallets dropped, etc. (And it wasn't hard! You hear a gen blow up? Drop what you're doing and re-sleep the survivor. Guy looping you for ages and you see Dwight working on a gen? Go after him instead, etc.)


    Monitor and Abuse made his already small terror radius tiny allowing for better tracking. Add Red Paint Brush and it's nonexistent allowing you to play Mirror Myers except you move at 110% speed and have unlimited tracking on sleeping survivors.


    I want OG Freddy back too but I feel we should just get a new killer who plays similar to old freddy (Without some of the problems old freddy created).

  • Things I'd like to see changed about Freddy:

    1. Freddy being able to still teleport to finished gens aswell(I mean, honestly, we do gotta buff his endgame if we nerf his base game)
    2. Teleport regeneration taking longer
    3. People who miss skillchecks when healing, waking both survivors up(like it used to do)
    4. Placing snares or pallets slowing Freddy to 90% movementspeed(25% slow)
    5. Wake up clocks not spawning to the opposite side of the map, but randomly instead, so that it could spawn right in your face.
    6. Snares not slowing survivors as much(I mean, Clown's ability has the same slow and isnt as easy to do as Freddy, and Freddy already has the ability to teleport aswell), like 7,5% is enough to break most loops.

    Now, Freddy is basically a combination of Clown, Nurse, Doctor, and a bit of Spirit. That is why he is too strong.

  • I'd make him Robert Englund, rather than this pretender from the remake that does not exist.

    That is all.

  • @BloodMoneyMerc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1272173#Comment_1272173

    His snares are basically a version of the Clown's ability. I only mentioned Clown because I saw people complaining about the snares. But I feel like it's the low ranks that contribute to Freddy being so strong. Playing in low ranks everyone fears him, while in high ranks everyone outplays him. I will say I do agree that Freddy requires very little skill, but I don't think he is as strong as he is made out to be. The only change I can find remotely acceptable to his snares would be to make the distance they can be placed next to one another slightly increased so that he doesn't just bombard one small area with a crap load of them. Making dream pallets base feels meh because it was a fun gimmick at first, but now they aren't really that exciting. It keeps them remotely interesting with them as an addon because most people expect the snares since they are base. If pallets are base then almost always people will be on the lookout for them, which kinda defeats their purpose...

    The only thing Clown and Freddy have in common is one ability that applies Hindrance to a survivor.

    According to the last stats he has an overall 70% kill rate, but in red ranks he has almost an 80% kill rate...which lends itself to the opposite of your assumption. He is very strong at every rank, especially red. He is very easy to play with a low skill cap. He may be unassuming, but strong none-the-less between his ability to end chases quickly, teleport, and has a built in slowing mechanism.

    As I said in my original comment, I don't really care about any of his abilities that much. The only thing I think is BS is that BT won't work against him in the dream state even though he is not a silent killer. Especially since if a Freddy is camping, making BT a necessity, it's likely the off-hooker will take a hit which immediately tosses them into the dream state and voids BT. Pretty bullshit.

    It would be nice if the snares required some distance. I was on a Yamaoka map the other day and our team got down to the last gen and every gen left was 2 sided. He could just trap them all on both sides so the traps were unavoidable. It was a very long and ######### end to the match. It would also be nice if there was no "clear space" around the trap. I find it OP on maps like Hawkins, which is already so Killer sided, that he can place a trap in a hallway and no matter how far around the trap you skirt, even though you don't touch the blood itself at all, it will still trip.

    But TBH, if he got zero changes, it wouldnt be the end of my world. The BT issue is the only one I would like to see changed because it aids camping/tunneling.

  • I wouldn't change anything about Freddy... At least yet! Many many MANY other Killers who need reworked and buffed. They actually have quite a few planned, it's just about "when".

  • Trap placement and map pressure is not easy to learn or we would not get so many complaint threads about swf swat teams.


    As for boring that is subjective as hell.


    I escaped plenty of freds with 0-1 k on his end.

    Highly doubt that will sate anyone's thirsty ass here for not wanting to nerf him again. Y'all survivor mains just need to get npc killers into the game since your dead set at driving off killer side so much.


    If anything cry about doctor or the one hit down killers or how wonky ghostface plays

  • @shwag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273895#Comment_1273895

    Trap placement and map pressure is not easy to learn or we would not get so many complaint threads about swf swat teams.

    As for boring that is subjective as hell.

    I escaped plenty of freds with 0-1 k on his end.

    Highly doubt that will sate anyone's thirsty ass here for not wanting to nerf him again. Y'all survivor mains just need to get npc killers into the game since your dead set at driving off killer side so much.

    If anything cry about doctor or the one hit down killers or how wonky ghostface plays

    What?! šŸ˜‚ Doctor is the easiest, if not one of the easiest killers to loop. Doctor and Nurse are by far the easiest to juke/loop etc.

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274114#Comment_1274114

    What?! šŸ˜‚ Doctor is the easiest, if not one of the easiest killers to loop. Doctor and Nurse are by far the easiest to juke/loop etc.

    I find him easy to 4k with lol

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    For starters this isn't a "Freddy is OP" post, a more of an open discussion. I often see a lot complaints about Freddy from survivor mains and some killer mains. I'm interested to see those who have those complaints what they would change about Freddy.

    The main complaints is that Freddy is incredibly dull to play against. Freddy's often don't have any variety in play style, it's often predictable what a game against Freddy is going to be like. Also Freddy can shut down loops without much thought to it with his snares.

    Another complaint about Freddy is that whilst he's one of the strongest killers in the game, he doesn't take much time or effort to master. Is easier to play compared to other killers of a similar strength such as Nurse, Spirit, Billy and Hag.

    As someone who plays Freddy, whilst Freddy is my least favourite killer to play against, my main issue with him is that I did not take much time for me to be able to play as him optimally. Therefore he doesn't feel as rewarding to win games with Freddy, compared to how it does with other killers.

    What I personally would change about Freddy is that I'd make it that BT would work against him whether you're awake or in dream state.

    If Freddy was to be nerfed I could live without his snares, if meant his his ability to teleport to gens was buffed.

    Comment your opinions.

    Just have Robert England come in and give him some classic lines during hook.

    Like Kung Fu this #########. And now I'm playing with power!

  • Biggest one, I'd remove the falling asleep mechanic. Make it so that you're always in the dream world in the games against him and it's only a "Freddy specific scenery" type thing rather than an actual mechanic. There's no need for it, and it'd remove the issue of PAST Freddy where he had to wait for them to fall asleep in order to hit them. It's senseless, he's a killer who can only kill while he's asleep so the Entity would just make it where people were already in the dream world in his trials, in my mind.

    Obviously after that I'd rework his add ons to be more different and varying rather than passive bonuses to people asleep. Maybe another Dream Snare transformation, instead of pallets or puddles, maybe he'd get something that made his snares invisible, but didn't slow survivors down, for tracking. Maybe make his teleport itself an add on. Just give him more variety, since he'd already have a buff with his powers ALWAYS working on survivors because of them always being "asleep". Add ons that change play styles are always the most fun, it's one of the reasons I like Myers so much.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273024#Comment_1273024

    I agree in the sense of changing weak killers before strong killers.

    The only thing that lets him mind game a tiny bit more than other killers is fake teleporting to a gen but that's it.

    I would rather say that killers like Hillbilly are way more balanced than Freddy.A killer that is really strong if you invest time in learning him with a good potential in mind games and counterplay.

    Lol the Killer that you just step to the side to counter completey, is more balanced than the killer that actually makes the survivors have to think in order to counter.

    The way you counter Freddy is being able to micro manage better than him. Track where he is, know when to recover from dream state, and do your best to stay out of dream state as much as possible. Watch for traps, and don't just try to play Ring a Ring o' Roses against him.

    People are just mad because he actually takes skill to beat, and skill to play. They are upset because they can't do something as brain dead as run in a circle to beat him. Honestly if the dev's are not using Freddy as a mold for buffing other killers at the games current state then the game is already dead. But after the Doctor rework, you can tell that they are planning to buff Killer's to have as much management as Freddy, which honestly I am very happy to see, and these updates are the only reason I'm still here myself. I just wish the other Killer's I knew stayed long enough to see these updates.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273108#Comment_1273108

    Lol the Killer that you just step to the side to counter completey, is more balanced than the killer that actually makes the survivors have to think in order to counter.

    The way you counter Freddy is being able to micro manage better than him. Track where he is, know when to recover from dream state, and do your best to stay out of dream state as much as possible. Watch for traps, and don't just try to play Ring a Ring o' Roses against him.

    People are just mad because he actually takes skill to beat, and skill to play. They are upset because they can't do something as brain dead as run in a circle to beat him. Honestly if the dev's are not using Freddy as a mold for buffing other killers at the games current state then the game is already dead. But after the Doctor rework, you can tell that they are planning to buff Killer's to have as much management as Freddy, which honestly I am very happy to see, and these updates are the only reason I'm still here myself. I just wish the other Killer's I knew stayed long enough to see these updates.

    There's a lot more counterplay you have to do against a good billy.

    -Is he fakeing his chainsaw before the pallet?

    -Can he curve around the loop?

    -Do i have to be wary of charge addons?

    -And actively trying to dodge his chainsaw as a last resort


    Freddys counterplay however is:

    -Is there a gen ahead that he tries to teleport in order to catch me off guard?

    -Do i need to fail a skill check/go to a clock in order to stay awake?

    -Should i throw down the pallet after i run into the snare or try to reach the next loop?


    The counterplay to Billy is always more fluid in comparison to freddys.No chase against a billy will be exactly the same everytime whereas freddys chases will pretty much always be the same with very little difference (ignoring his pallet addons)


    And please explain what about freddys power really takes skill,because i don't see it.

    General Freddy match is:

    -Find first survivor and get him to sleep either through hitting him or micro sleep

    -Survivor tries to loop so you use your snares in order to down him,hook him and teleport to a gen with a survivor because of BBQ.


    But i'm definetely very excited to see how they rework the other killers too.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273477#Comment_1273477

    The only thing Clown and Freddy have in common is one ability that applies Hindrance to a survivor.

    According to the last stats he has an overall 70% kill rate, but in red ranks he has almost an 80% kill rate...which lends itself to the opposite of your assumption. He is very strong at every rank, especially red. He is very easy to play with a low skill cap. He may be unassuming, but strong none-the-less between his ability to end chases quickly, teleport, and has a built in slowing mechanism.

    As I said in my original comment, I don't really care about any of his abilities that much. The only thing I think is BS is that BT won't work against him in the dream state even though he is not a silent killer. Especially since if a Freddy is camping, making BT a necessity, it's likely the off-hooker will take a hit which immediately tosses them into the dream state and voids BT. Pretty bullshit.

    It would be nice if the snares required some distance. I was on a Yamaoka map the other day and our team got down to the last gen and every gen left was 2 sided. He could just trap them all on both sides so the traps were unavoidable. It was a very long and ######### end to the match. It would also be nice if there was no "clear space" around the trap. I find it OP on maps like Hawkins, which is already so Killer sided, that he can place a trap in a hallway and no matter how far around the trap you skirt, even though you don't touch the blood itself at all, it will still trip.

    But TBH, if he got zero changes, it wouldnt be the end of my world. The BT issue is the only one I would like to see changed because it aids camping/tunneling.

    Yeah I can see why it makes Freddy stronger with camping & tunneling. But it also is a way to negate the overly altruistic teams that BT rush hooks because they know they won't be penalized for what should be risky plays. I still think BT needs a nerf of some kind because it is the second most BS perk in the game (behind DS). But I do understand your point that Freddy's camping capabilities needs looking into.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273032#Comment_1273032

    I haven't come across survivors that killed themselves on hook because of those add-ons.. I don't see how saying that Freddy's ultra rare add-ons are too good is a bad thing. I'd rather that than weak ultra rare add-ons like waterlogged shoe or iridescent coin.

    Killers should imo have strong ultra rare add-ons otherwise what's the point of usimh them aside from a meme build?

    There are ultra rare addons that are strong, they're just strong because they rework the way a killer is supposed to be played. Ultra rare addons that are just buffs aren't good, either because they're too strong to the point of being unfair or they're not strong enough for an ultra rare addon. Have you played with Amanda's Letter? It's a lot of fun, but it isn't op at all because instead of just buffing her it changes how she's meant to be played in a fun and engaging way.

  • No sleeping unless he puts you to sleep!

    Remove teleporting.

  • Decrease his lunge

    Rework fake pallets

    Remove the ability to injure awake survivors, but make them fall asleep faster in your lullaby.

  • BT is an obvious one, and the next one would probably be to let survivors wake up at any clock. People might feel more inclined to actually go wake up more because it's not literally and intentionally on the other side of the map for some ungodly reason.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Decrease his lunge

    Rework fake pallets

    Remove the ability to injure awake survivors, but make them fall asleep faster in your lullaby.

    His lunge.

    Is the same.

    As everyone elses.

    Oh my god why do people still believe this?

  • @shwag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273895#Comment_1273895

    Trap placement and map pressure is not easy to learn or we would not get so many complaint threads about swf swat teams.

    As for boring that is subjective as hell.

    I escaped plenty of freds with 0-1 k on his end.

    Highly doubt that will sate anyone's thirsty ass here for not wanting to nerf him again. Y'all survivor mains just need to get npc killers into the game since your dead set at driving off killer side so much.

    If anything cry about doctor or the one hit down killers or how wonky ghostface plays

    He doesn't require any additional thinking for his trap placement, it has no downside and you get to retry over and over. His map pressure is probably the easiest to understand in the game, look at the gen and hold the teleport button. I don't want to nerf Freddy, I just think that his power level is not justified by his ease of use and he could do with raising some skill caps. Y'all "killer mains" just need to stop crying about every little thing in the game since you're so dead set on the fact that nothing needs changes at all.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275797#Comment_1275797

    His lunge.

    Is the same.

    As everyone elses.

    Oh my god why do people still believe this?

    All killers have the same hitbox and lunge. Freddy has a smaller weapon meaning his hits almost never connect, especially as a vpn. Longer weapons should reach farther than short weapons.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275877#Comment_1275877

    All killers have the same hitbox and lunge. Freddy has a smaller weapon meaning his hits almost never connect, especially as a vpn. Longer weapons should reach farther than short weapons.

    Everyone's lunge is the same, and BHVR will not "fix" that because every singlle Killer is supposed to have the same lunge to each other.

1 2 ›