Why do people slug at 5 gens?

There's literally no point. Slugging at 5 gens and one hooking everyone because you have crazy add-ons makes all Survivors de-rank and at best gives you brutal killer.

If a team is doing that bad, I usually start hooking instead of slugging and let them save so I can farm a merciless killer and end the game at 2-3 gens instead of 5.

Comments

  • @gatsby said:

    There's literally no point. Slugging at 5 gens and one hooking everyone because you have crazy add-ons makes all Survivors de-rank and at best gives you brutal killer.

    If a team is doing that bad, I usually start hooking instead of slugging and let them save so I can farm a merciless killer and end the game at 2-3 gens instead of 5.

    Its probably because we are rank 1 and would rather have fun against a team that can actually play the game rather than whatever poor excuse of a time gets 4 man slugged at 5 gens.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269903#Comment_1269903

    Yes, they are. As am I. And it's clear you like to see the killer in the most charitable light possible while immediately assuming the worst of survivors. It's your shtick.

    I literally said that the killer could've been so tilted, he didn't understand that you were trying to do. I didn't assume ######### and placed the "blame" on the killer being tilted.

  • Because the time length between 5 gens and no gens is too damn short!

    When I play killer I main hillbilly (except now that he was destroyed and I started maining the second most skill based killer: huntress)

    I use Infectious fright on both of them and I play as aggressive as possible since the match start because I'm confident I can usually down people fast. Also, ignoring a too close 2nd survivor nowadays is risky with insanely fast hook sabotage, not to mention FL and pallet saves.

  • It depends on the situation. If I'm playing Huntress, for example, and I down someone and immediately see another, you bet I'm going to leave that first guy slugged and go for a second. A slugged person still needs to be saved, and if I have one down and one in chase, that means that a third needs to go for the save and only one guy is left on gens.

    If you down that first guy and you have no idea where anyone else is, then yes, slugging is silly in that case. You might as well take the guaranteed hook.

  • If a team all gets slugged before one gen pops, that's on the survivors not the killer.


    Look at it like this: would you be upset if you popped all five gens before the killer downed one of you? I highly doubt it.


    Sometimes you get outplayed. Deal with it.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269623#Comment_1269623

    Ah, yes, I can definitely remember when survivors all huddled around the hook for me to kill them after I had a ######### game where they completely dominated...

    Oh, no, wait, that literally never happened, to anyone, ever.

    Exactly.

    So many threads get started here that amount to, "Why don't killers give us free escapes? Why not give me hatch? Why do they make us depip? How come you kill us? That's not fun. Please just be less of a sweaty try-hard nerd and let us have some fun."

    But damn, if I fail at my job, it's 5-gens in 6.2 seconds and a bunch of survivors in the exit gate clicking flashlights and teabagging.

    Yeah, the day survivors start giving out free kills when the killer has a bad game is the day I'll start caring about how hard I went on them.

  • @gatsby said:

    There's literally no point. Slugging at 5 gens and one hooking everyone because you have crazy add-ons makes all Survivors de-rank and at best gives you brutal killer.

    If a team is doing that bad, I usually start hooking instead of slugging and let them save so I can farm a merciless killer and end the game at 2-3 gens instead of 5.

    If i hook someone and they get unhooked right in front of me their getting slugged, idc how many gens there are. Its not about going for the 4 down slug its about creating pressure. If i slug one fuy, immediately chase another then a third guy has to come off a gen to get the slug. So im pressuring 3 survivors. If nobody picks up the slug i hook the guy i chased and look for the dudes workjng on gens, if i find 1 im now pressuring all 4 survivors. It doesnt matter when this process starts, it really only starts when the survivors make the mistake of being overly altruistic

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269628#Comment_1269628

    Exactly.

    So many threads get started here that amount to, "Why don't killers give us free escapes? Why not give me hatch? Why do they make us depip? How come you kill us? That's not fun. Please just be less of a sweaty try-hard nerd and let us have some fun."

    But damn, if I fail at my job, it's 5-gens in 6.2 seconds and a bunch of survivors in the exit gate clicking flashlights and teabagging.

    Yeah, the day survivors start giving out free kills when the killer has a bad game is the day I'll start caring about how hard I went on them.

    Could you link to some of these many threads with survivors asking for free escapes? I'd love to read them.

  • @Liannet said:

    1. They want to winย 

    2. They have a challenge

    3. They had a bad last game and they want a revengue

    4. Survivors have bad manners in this match

    5. They like to annoy other players and get "-rep" in their profile.

    U get ''-rep'' for the slightest thing u do tbh , not just for being toxic. I was a x2 event and some survivor with a nick ''farm killer pls'' as soon as the match started he went to chase me so he could get me to farm(which I didn't cuz farming is boring af)yo be short I killed him and he comment in my profile ''-rep'' for playing the game : /

  • @xBEATDOWNSx said:

    If a team all gets slugged before one gen pops, that's on the survivors not the killer.

    Look at it like this: would you be upset if you popped all five gens before the killer downed one of you? I highly doubt it.

    Sometimes you get outplayed. Deal with it.

    Actually, yeah, it does bother me when the killer gets completely destroyed. It means the matchmaking failed. I have no fun if the killer poses me no challenge. In fact, if gens are flying and the killer isn't making progress I will stop working on gens to cleanse totems, sabo hooks and search chests.

    And to the people who keep saying "waaaah all 4 survivors never sacrifice themselves to the killer"

    The only time I sacrifice myself to the killer is if we are farming. If I'M having a bad match when playing as killer I would rather the survivors just GTFO. Why would I want a pity sacrifice? And for all 4 of them to do it? It's kind of insulting.

    Whereas, if the killer ever grants me the hatch or the exit gate it's usually after they killed my 3 teammates (or the other survivors were dicks and farmed me). I see that as the killer saying "I'm obviously going to pip and I've got plenty of BP, here's a free 5k extra BP because you weren't a dick to me."

    There's so much false equivalency in this thread.

  • Sometimes it is simply funny and delightful to stomp a team, even if you don't get pips or many BP for that.

    Sometimes I just punish stupid survivor behaviour like swarming the slug with 3 people against a Fury Oni, just to hope that people learn Altruism can be dangerous and you should get yourself up first and wait for the Instadown ability to run out, rather than raising that slug in the back of the Oni. So that I don't run into that team when playing a survivor, watching everyone go down easily.

    Slugging when noone is around is simply stupid. Depends if the killer has a matching build and just waits for the second to come in for the heal, slowly pulling all the survivors into the same death trap. Can work, is boring, but mostly just wastes everyone's time

  • @Kaiju said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269769#Comment_1269769

    U get ''-rep'' for the slightest thing u do tbh , not just for being toxic. I was a x2 event and some survivor with a nick ''farm killer pls'' as soon as the match started he went to chase me so he could get me to farm(which I didn't cuz farming is boring af)yo be short I killed him and he comment in my profile ''-rep'' for playing the game : /

    I know ... But I met people who collect and take pride of "-rep" in their profiles. For them, it is a victory that someone is upset because of their playing style :(

  • If your teammate gets downed, you should either run or hide. So many times I've been in a situation where I down one survivor and then the other survivors start working on a gen right next to me like I'm just gonna ignore them. Why wouldn't I take advantage of that and get some free hits?

  • I slug throughout the game, dependent on the situation and my knowledge on survivor locations. Yields great results

  • Sometimes I give myself up to the killer when I see that my teammates are not helping do generators and are doing nothing helpful. That and sometimes I bring the killer to them to wake their buts up ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜˜.

  • I'd usually do that just to see if it was possible to slug that early, if no one brought Unbreakable then I'd just call it a squash game and move on.

  • @rabldong said:

    I mean if you get slugged at 5 gen, that's on you and your teammates for being bad :-).

    This.

    If a whole team gets slugged at 5 gens none of them deserved to escape anyways.

  • Itโ€™s a killer luxury so why not take advantage of it?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269789#Comment_1269789

    I didn't bring in that statement, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in demanding killers play nice when they actually do play nice more often than survivors, but survivors don't demand other survivors play nice.

    That's mostly because Killers are the power role. They can't be eliminated, can't be stuck in a position where they are unable to act (not counting bugs/exploits) etc. And in an assymetrical game it's a little bit easier for the minority side to control how their side are playing. Actually only a communicative SWF is actually able to slow down, but if they do they risk to be camped, tunneled or slugged by the Killer and that's why most don't do it.

    Besides that it's hard to demand other survivors to play nice, if there isn't much of an equivalent of it. Of course there is BMing and stuff like "abusing" strong perks e.g. And let's not talk about exploits or cheats. By my experience, when survivors use those and others see it, they mention it on the after game chat. But when I play with randoms e.g. I'm barely able to figure out what others are doing, how and why. . Quite often I see even survivor arguing for the killer etc. It's not uncommon.

    I understand where you are coming from. But I wouldn't call it hypocrisy. It think, it's mor ethe different power shift between survivors and killers which causes the idea that killer should play nice.

  • @Freudentrauma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269792#Comment_1269792

    That's mostly because Killers are the power role. They can't be eliminated, can't be stuck in a position where they are unable to act (not counting bugs/exploits) etc. And in an assymetrical game it's a little bit easier for the minority side to control how their side are playing. Actually only a communicative SWF is actually able to slow down, but if they do they risk to be camped, tunneled or slugged by the Killer and that's why most don't do it.

    Besides that it's hard to demand other survivors to play nice, if there isn't much of an equivalent of it. Of course there is BMing and stuff like "abusing" strong perks e.g. And let's not talk about exploits or cheats. By my experience, when survivors use those and others see it, they mention it on the after game chat. But when I play with randoms e.g. I'm barely able to figure out what others are doing, how and why. . Quite often I see even survivor arguing for the killer etc. It's not uncommon.

    I understand where you are coming from. But I wouldn't call it hypocrisy. It think, it's mor ethe different power shift between survivors and killers which causes the idea that killer should play nice.

    The hypocrisy lies in the fact that killers already "play nice" more often than survivors, yet get nothing (or next to nothing) in return for it other than demands for more.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270369#Comment_1270369

    The hypocrisy lies in the fact that killers already "play nice" more often than survivors, yet get nothing (or next to nothing) in return for it other than demands for more.

    Please provide some data as proof and not your biased assumptions. Stop arguing with your feelings and actually present evidence.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270378#Comment_1270378

    Please provide some data as proof and not your biased assumptions. Stop arguing with your feelings and actually present evidence.

    That's based on my observations over the years. Perhaps you have a different experience, but others agreed with mine.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270405#Comment_1270405

    That's based on my observations over the years. Perhaps you have a different experience, but others agreed with mine.

    Ok so no facts to be found. Thank you.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269688#Comment_1269688

    "I don't ever go for a 4-man slug"...then everything you said before that is irrelevant because this situation doesn't happen to you. If you catch and hook every survivor individually before they can save anyone...by all means, put them out of their misery. But slugging is a totally different animal.

    I do like your admission that your enjoyment is clearly your sole focus.

    Trying to draw a comparison between an FPS and DBD is not comparable. They are two completely different games/mechanics. And actually, if you want to draw that comparison - YES, in competitive BR tourney's players DO give their competitors a pass to get to end game as a means to avoid unnecessary fights that might take themselves out of the game early...because its more advantageous for all involved to get higher placement. They'll pass and meet them in end game later on. Just like you might be able to slug a full team and death hook everyone 1st hook in the first 2 minutes of a match, but it would be more advantageous for everyone involved NOT to, to secure your rank and theirs. You'll see them in no time later in the match and still probably win.

    The OP said absolutely nothing about toxic behavior or killing t-baggers. You are straying way off topic to try and prove some point that is not in line with this thread. Should you kill someone being a toxic #########? Sure. Should you do everything on your power to full slug a 4-man team and death hook them before any gens are done? ######### no. Idk why thats even up for discussion, since it's apples and oranges, but whatever.

    Just because I don't go for 4 man slugs, doesn't mean i'm not capable of doing it. I slug opportunistically. I'd much rather go for something more sure-fire, and not counter-able by a single perk. Every 4 man slug attempt can be countered by one unbreakable. So 2 unbreakables means you will probably have to get 10+ downs for that 4 man slug, which could have just been 10 hooks. I don't get procs of some of the best perks in the game, pop goes the weasel and BBQ, with slugging. You never know when SWF will be in your lobbies, so knockout is unreliable at best.

    You will only 4 man slug a survivor team if they are horrible at red ranks. Or you are running a cheesy build like perma tier 3 myers + IF + the game offering. It's really as simple as that.

  • No, I don't take down notes about what happens every single trial, nor do I record them all and keep the videos. Do you?

  • Why do people slug at 5 gens?

    Because they want to win. That simple.

  • I save my DC for pricks like this. I had a Leatherface match where 2 survs got slugged down right away and he was camping there slugs. My friend and I are on a gen. She goes to try and pop one or both, but get downed and slugged. So just me. I finish gen and we get into a chase. I waste like every pallet, do two full runs around the whole map. I get downed. I DC, no way am I taking a hook after that bs. The killer made less than 10k. The whole mess was ridiculous.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270426#Comment_1270426

    No, I don't take down notes about what happens every single trial, nor do I record them all and keep the videos. Do you?

    "Oh, killers are nicer? Name every survivor that has ever escaped."

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269603#Comment_1269603

    Chase survivor - leave survivor- "pressure gen" previous survivor hops on gen straight away- "gen pressure" instantly lost- time wasted walking- find survivor- chase survivor- leave survivor- survivor hops on gen- "gen pressure" instantly lost- gates open.

    We are talking about survivors that don't self care in a corner right?

    You did read litterally anything in this entire thread right? You are aware slugged survivors can't do gens right?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270426#Comment_1270426

    No, I don't take down notes about what happens every single trial, nor do I record them all and keep the videos. Do you?

    Please respond when you have some facts.

  • Players will take a mile when given an inch, and it goes both ways. You don't know what perks survivors have up their sleeve. Survivors can be insanely hard to put away with the right loadouts, so I'll do it as quickly as possible. If I'm able to have everyone slugged at 5 gens, that's very much a you and your teammates problem, not a me problem. Play better.

  • If you can slug all 4 before a single gen is done then do it. The higher you go in rank, the harder that is to pull off. You did your job as a killer. And because you can.

  • while i agree its on bad players, like you shouldnt all get slugged at 5gens, even more so 4 of you but as a solo i do understand that alot of bad players somehow all get downed in the same location which really makes no sense to me, but slugging is part of the game at red ranks when going against good survivors, hell im going to have to slug alot to get the new killer adept unless they change it because that achievement is annoying at rank 1

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270436#Comment_1270436

    "Oh, killers are nicer? Name every survivor that has ever escaped."

    Pretty much. Reminds me of sealioning, but with less harassment.

  • the only reasons i have for slugging at 5 gens would eigther be me waiting out a DS (not very common, but it happens once in a while) or when i know someoene else is around so i look for them instead of letting them get away.

  • @gatsby said:

    There's literally no point. Slugging at 5 gens and one hooking everyone because you have crazy add-ons makes all Survivors de-rank and at best gives you brutal killer.

    If a team is doing that bad, I usually start hooking instead of slugging and let them save so I can farm a merciless killer and end the game at 2-3 gens instead of 5.

    If they slugged you at 5 gens you guys got too cocky with the killer. There's no way a killer can slug at 5 gens unless survivors just get "clicky clicky" and teabagging in front of him/her.

    If the killer slugged is because they wanted to do so, or you let them do it. Anyways, I don't really know what's the point of complaining about slugging if it's not bannable.

  • Always slugged by Michael Myers and that is perfectly ๐Ÿ‘Œ with me. When can slugging bad teammates be an option ๐Ÿค” . Joking about that last part there ๐Ÿ˜€.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Peanits said:

    It depends on the situation. If I'm playing Huntress, for example, and I down someone and immediately see another, you bet I'm going to leave that first guy slugged and go for a second. A slugged person still needs to be saved, and if I have one down and one in chase, that means that a third needs to go for the save and only one guy is left on gens.

    If you down that first guy and you have no idea where anyone else is, then yes, slugging is silly in that case. You might as well take the guaranteed hook.

    As always, there's a time and a place for every stragegy, and all are valid

  • I think the survivors deserve to depip if they allow the killer to do that. I still think there's no reason for the killer to do it, they miss out on emblems and bp.

  • Slugging can be used to pressure gens?

    Hm, I wonder what else slugging can be useful for.

    I wonder.....

1 2 โ€บ