So ehm, you guys gonna change the central design of the 4th page of the final tome right?

image.png

I mean, it might send the wrong message

Comments

  • What's wrong with a windmill?

  • Why are you hating on pinwheels.

  • Dude what's your problem with Wind Turbines?

  • I highly doubt they had that in mind- not to sound mean but you see what you want to see, like a Rorschach painting.

    Side note: Anyone have a link to see all the challenges? Can't access the PTB.

  • the symbol i assume you see in it is turned in the opposite direction though.

  • Only message I see is that you're probably a racist for that being the first thing to pop into your mind noticing it.

  • So? It’s like a flower! 🌸

  • @Mister_xD said:

    the symbol i assume you see in it is turned in the opposite direction though.

    technically what really matters is it's turned 45 degrees. It doesnt really matter if its mirrored or not. The symbol I assume actually has more to it. Like a red background and a white circle.

    We really do need to start devaluing the meaning of swastika's in europe tho. The german nationalistic socialist party symbol should be the total image and not defined by a mere swastika.

  • @Desh said:

    Only message I see is that you're probably a racist for that being the first thing to pop into your mind noticing it.

    Oh, instantly pulling the racist card are we? Nah, swastika's are so well known because of the amount of people pointing out swastika's in designs.

    Personally, I'm all for devaluing the swastika back to just being an asian symbol.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206807#Comment_1206807

    Oh, instantly pulling the racist card are we? Nah, swastika's are so well known because of the amount of people pointing out swastika's in designs.

    Personally, I'm all for devaluing the swastika back to just being an asian symbol.

    Then...aren't you part of the problem? You literally made a post with the title asking them to change it as it might send a bad message even though it's closer to a Manji symbol then anything.

    I doubt very few people even noticed it in the first place until you brought it up, I certainly didn't. So, you're spreading awareness on something that isn't even anything to begin with.

  • @Desh said:

    Only message I see is that you're probably a racist for that being the first thing to pop into your mind noticing it.

    That's not how that works. Chill on the racist card bud.

  • Doesn't look like it to me.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206807#Comment_1206807

    That's not how that works. Chill on the racist card bud.

    If you're not going to explain to me how that doesn't work, then maybe you shouldn't voice your opinion on it. Also the comment was sarcastic since someone really wanted to post about the vague semblance of a tome web line.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206819#Comment_1206819

    Then...aren't you part of the problem? You literally made a post with the title asking them to change it as it might send a bad message even though it's closer to a Manji symbol then anything.

    I doubt very few people even noticed it in the first place until you brought it up, I certainly didn't. So, you're spreading awareness on something that isn't even anything to begin with.

    No, im not part of the problem. But nowadays, there is still too large of a stigma around it. Im just pointing something out that some triggerhappy antivideogame journalist jumps on the oppertunity to try and demonize BeHaviour.

    We already demonize the devs enough ourselves.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206807#Comment_1206807

    Oh, instantly pulling the racist card are we? Nah, swastika's are so well known because of the amount of people pointing out swastika's in designs.

    Personally, I'm all for devaluing the swastika back to just being an asian symbol.

    If you're about devaluing it, then why make a post saying it might send the wrong message? Hell you could've not mentioned it at all and I'm betting 90% of folks would not really have noticed it. And the ones that do would kinda point it out to their friends, giggle, and move on.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206841#Comment_1206841

    If you're not going to explain to me how that doesn't work, then maybe you shouldn't voice your opinion on it. Also the comment was sarcastic since someone really wanted to post about the vague semblance of a tome web line.

    Calling someone racist for seeing a similarity in something within something else is honestly just pathetic (and if it was a joke, it was a pretty bad joke). I can say it somewhat resembles a swastika without being racist. It's so common sense that I'm honestly surprised I had to explain this to you. Grow up.

  • To be clear, I don't really care and nor do I think you're a racist. It was a dry humor comment, little snide for sure but it's in jest. This post isn't nearly as bad as when someone complained about the racism behinds blackface leatherface.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206852#Comment_1206852

    Calling someone racist for seeing a similarity in something within something else is honestly just pathetic (and if it was a joke, it was a pretty bad joke). I can say it somewhat resembles a swastika without being racist. It's so common sense that I'm honestly surprised I had to explain this to you. Grow up.

    It's common sense that the first thing that pops into your mind coming from a Canadian MMO horror game about a 4v1 when you see some lines in a tome is a Nazi Symbol? That's what you call common sense? I could understanding pointing it out as a joke or saying "Hey, that almost looks like a Swastika/Asian symbol", but posting it and recommending to the Devs it needs to be changed because "it might send the wrong message"? You need to grow up bud. OP I'm sure was just jokingly mentioning it. But it seems you're the one who would've actually ranted about it had you actually caught it.

  • Even if you don't think about the asian origin it doesn't make you a racist. Being a bit educated, knowing about Hitler and history is enough to remember that symbol, doesn't mean you are wearing it.

    I understand OP and thought about that as well before anyone told me, but didn't have a serious problem with it. No need to throw accusations around

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206862#Comment_1206862

    It's common sense that the first thing that pops into your mind coming from a Canadian MMO horror game about a 4v1 when you see some lines in a tome is a Nazi Symbol? That's what you call common sense? I could understanding pointing it out as a joke or saying "Hey, that almost looks like a Swastika/Asian symbol", but posting it and recommending to the Devs it needs to be changed because "it might send the wrong message"? You need to grow up bud. OP I'm sure was just jokingly mentioning it. But it seems you're the one who would've actually ranted about it had you actually caught it.

    Once again, grow up. Have a good day.

  • You too, enjoy your ignorance. :)

  • Actually, the one that you can see here would be that of buddhism, it is only a Nazi symbol when it is clockwise, the one you posted is anti clockwise.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206841#Comment_1206841

    If you're not going to explain to me how that doesn't work, then maybe you shouldn't voice your opinion on it. Also the comment was sarcastic since someone really wanted to post about the vague semblance of a tome web line.

    I can explain that ez pz:

    Racism is discrimination based on race. Seeing a certain pattern resembling something is not discrimination and thus cant be racist. Considering we have pattern seeking brains, it's only a matter of time anyone sees it.

    @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206819#Comment_1206819

    If you're about devaluing it, then why make a post saying it might send the wrong message? Hell you could've not mentioned it at all and I'm betting 90% of folks would not really have noticed it. And the ones that do would kinda point it out to their friends, giggle, and move on.

    because nowadays, its still a stigma. You cant suddenly have an entire society agree to stop seeing a certain symbol for a certain movement. It's why the christian church will never get rid of having a torture device as their symbol.

    Secondly, if I can see it, someone else can too. If the wrong person sees it, they will try to create tons of drama. I'm just here trying to help prevent any possible future drama, as right now, the tome is still not as public as it will be. It only requires 1 person who sees it as hidden messages given by the devs to possibly ruin a company.

  • @Predated said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/860/GYFMFS1ZU5XJ.png

    I mean, it might send the wrong message

    You never saw any swastika, right? Cause, what you assume doesnt even match whats on the screen.

  • F red lines. Make them all light blue.

  • learn your swastikas mate:

    image.png

    There are many, MANY swastikas. Only 1 is specifically used because of the SS. Hell, did you even know that early day christians used a swastika as their symbol? You know, before they used a torture device?

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206990#Comment_1206990

    learn your swastikas mate:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/633/2I7EK0QSKLY1.png

    There are many, MANY swastikas. Only 1 is specifically used because of the SS. Hell, did you even know that early day christians used a swastika as their symbol? You know, before they used a torture device?

    Youre the one complaining about this and you cant even differentiate the one you want to assume with the one shown on the screen. What's wrong with you?

  • I see nothing wrong with the design. It seems to me your only seeing what you want to see, which is disturbing to say the least. I couldn't imagine being so afraid of a symbol that you see it in something so abstract as this. To each there own I guess.

  • Looks like you're seeing what you want to see.

  • @Desh said:

    To be clear, I don't really care and nor do I think you're a racist. It was a dry humor comment, little snide for sure but it's in jest. This post isn't nearly as bad as when someone complained about the racism behinds blackface leatherface.

    There was a post about the racism behind blackface leatherface?

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206867#Comment_1206867

    There was a post about the racism behind blackface leatherface?

    Ohhhh yeah I remember that, this person was talking about Leatherface wearing Empathyface was racist, and that players who wore it were doing it because they knew what they were doing. Or something like that. It's been awhile since it was posted.

    I just found it weird? Leatherface is not wearing Claudette's face to be racist, Leatherface is wearing it because he likes to wear faces. Nothing more than that.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1206867#Comment_1206867

    There was a post about the racism behind blackface leatherface?

    Ohhh yeah I remember that post, somebody said that Leatherface wearing Empathyface was racist, and that players who wore it knew what they were doing. Or something like that, it's been awhile since it was last posted.

    I just found it weird, Leatherface is not wearing Claudette's face to be racist, Leatherface is wearing it because he likes to wear faces.

  • Ah yes the true leaders

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1207044#Comment_1207044

    Youre the one complaining about this and you cant even differentiate the one you want to assume with the one shown on the screen. What's wrong with you?

    You're not getting the point, so let me summarize it easily:

    1. nowadays, there is still too large of a stigma around it. Im just pointing something out that some triggerhappy antivideogame journalist jumps on the oppertunity to try and demonize BeHaviour.
    2. This game is already at a state where people want to leave the game because the balancing they do is on a tightrope(buff killers and they might be practically unbeatable, nerf them and they cant win). Having any other reason besides general annoyance might make a lot of players leave.

    My post wasnt about it being nazi symbolism. My post was about people interpreting something wrongly. This forum has the largest chance of the devs actually seeing it and making the choice themselves if they alter the visuals of the design a bit(its not that hard tbh, just rearrange some challenges a little) or dealing with the potential drama that some gamejournalists will try to abuse to draw in clicks(gamesradar being the most toxic gamejournalism site that will be guilty of this).

  • @Rivyn said:

    Looks like you're seeing what you want to see.

    So you're trying to say that you dont see it at all to get some egoboosting points I see. No dude, we're animals with patternseeking brains. There is literally a whole field of science dedicated to trying to find out how our brain exactly works. Once you see a pattern, your brain instantly links it with your memory where you've seen that pattern before. Since I'm european, the only real swastikas in history, are ww2 SS swastika's.

    So no, im not seeing what I want to see. Perhaps im seeing it easier than others, but that's to blame to mild ppdnos that increases pattern seeking. In fact, did you know that people with ppdnos are hired by police and fbi due to them noticing patterns faster?


    So yeah, if you show up on a forum with an ignorant comment, you better sit back to get some straight facts poured in your face.

  • @Schmierbach said:

    I see nothing wrong with the design. It seems to me your only seeing what you want to see, which is disturbing to say the least. I couldn't imagine being so afraid of a symbol that you see it in something so abstract as this. To each there own I guess.

    not afraid, read the comment above. 100% scientific, 0% disturbing. Basically answers your question and informs your ignorance about basic brain functions.

    And dont take ignorance as an insult, its literally the only word about not being informed and still pretending like you know better.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1207198#Comment_1207198

    So you're trying to say that you dont see it at all to get some egoboosting points I see. No dude, we're animals with patternseeking brains. There is literally a whole field of science dedicated to trying to find out how our brain exactly works. Once you see a pattern, your brain instantly links it with your memory where you've seen that pattern before. Since I'm european, the only real swastikas in history, are ww2 SS swastika's.

    So no, im not seeing what I want to see. Perhaps im seeing it easier than others, but that's to blame to mild ppdnos that increases pattern seeking. In fact, did you know that people with ppdnos are hired by police and fbi due to them noticing patterns faster?

    So yeah, if you show up on a forum with an ignorant comment, you better sit back to get some straight facts poured in your face.

    By your logic, when my little sister ran around in a sheet last year for Halloween, I should have connected the dots and said, 'O my god, KKK.'

    We might be 'animals,' but we're also intelligent. We may see similarities in things, but we, 'usually,' can see what is and isn't. In this case, you chose to see a bunch of lines as a swastika, when obviously, it clearly isn't.

    I'm of German descent as well. Go figure I didn't see a swastika until you came along and said 'hey look, these bunch of lines here make a swastika!'

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1207089#Comment_1207089

    You're not getting the point, so let me summarize it easily:

    1. nowadays, there is still too large of a stigma around it. Im just pointing something out that some triggerhappy antivideogame journalist jumps on the oppertunity to try and demonize BeHaviour.
    2. This game is already at a state where people want to leave the game because the balancing they do is on a tightrope(buff killers and they might be practically unbeatable, nerf them and they cant win). Having any other reason besides general annoyance might make a lot of players leave.

    My post wasnt about it being nazi symbolism. My post was about people interpreting something wrongly. This forum has the largest chance of the devs actually seeing it and making the choice themselves if they alter the visuals of the design a bit(its not that hard tbh, just rearrange some challenges a little) or dealing with the potential drama that some gamejournalists will try to abuse to draw in clicks(gamesradar being the most toxic gamejournalism site that will be guilty of this).

    1. There is no stigma to swastikas in general. Youre just assuming that this swastika has a stigma, which in fact is just a bold lie.
    2. This game is nowhere near a game where people want to leave for some detrimental reasons you try to generate by misinterpret, its gradually generating more players as everyone can see in playerbase statistics on steam. Youre just telling another lie.
    3. No, your post was all about misinterpretating a swastika into some stigmatic issue which is bullshit at all. No serious journalist would ever think of something like this, cause this is clearly nothing stigma related at all.

    Edit: Let me assume youre a british player. Otherwise this whole interpretation doesnt make any sense.

  • Manji may refer to:



  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1207494#Comment_1207494

    By your logic, when my little sister ran around in a sheet last year for Halloween, I should have connected the dots and said, 'O my god, KKK.'

    We might be 'animals,' but we're also intelligent. We may see similarities in things, but we, 'usually,' can see what is and isn't. In this case, you chose to see a bunch of lines as a swastika, when obviously, it clearly isn't.

    I'm of German descent as well. Go figure I didn't see a swastika until you came along and said 'hey look, these bunch of lines here make a swastika!'

    go join the "i didnt see it, therefor no one would have" club. And yes, some people could have pointed out that you endorsing a white sheet on your kid, cartman style might have either meant that secretly you endorse the kkk. People are like that. Which is fine when you are an individual, but not when you're a company. Remember Fantasia from disney? They used a very heavily styled karikature on a centaur foal that wanted to be part of the adults but was denied. Nothing about that story was racist. But people started pointing out that she was a slave to the non-black centaurs because of the way she was colored. Which forced disney to cut out all those scenes in future releases. So even though disney had 0 racist implications in the story, the public jumped at it and demonized disney for even having those scenes. Sure, BeHaviour isnt a disney sized company, but that doesnt mean the lashout will be anything less.

    image.png

    As for it being a swastika, actually, it is one. Not the SS one, but it still is a swastika.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1207490#Comment_1207490

    1. There is no stigma to swastikas in general. Youre just assuming that this swastika has a stigma, which in fact is just a bold lie.
    2. This game is nowhere near a game where people want to leave for some detrimental reasons you try to generate by misinterpret, its gradually generating more players as everyone can see in playerbase statistics on steam. Youre just telling another lie.
    3. No, your post was all about misinterpretating a swastika into some stigmatic issue which is bullshit at all. No serious journalist would ever think of something like this, cause this is clearly nothing stigma related at all.

    Edit: Let me assume youre a british player. Otherwise this whole interpretation doesnt make any sense.

    1. yes, there is a stigma to swastikas. Go ahead, draw a swastika and publish it publically with 0 context. People will jump instantly to the conclusion that its nazi symbolism.
    2. You've never met people in general about this game, right? The whole reason why prior to the corona outbreak the matchmaking took almost 25 minutes to even enter a match was because killers were leaving, and because of that survivors were leaving too. The only reason players are increasing right now, is because people literally are without jobs, have to stay home and dont have much else to do. I used to play the game only about 15 hours a week at most if I had a free week and didnt want to play any other games. Right now, I play this game at least 30 hours a week simply because otherwise im bored out of my mind. Dont confuse corona statistics with increasing popularity.
    3. boy, you're new to the internet, are you? Game journalism is the scum of the earth.

    also, why wouldnt my interpretation make any sense?

  • 1. There is no stigma. Stop telling this lie.

    2. Look at the player statistics before corona. This game was steadily gaining players.

    3. You probably never read any serious gaming journalism at all. Youre talking nonsense again.

    4. People like youy who cannot even diffetentiate symbols, are the real problem. Youre desperately trying to create an issue that doesnt exist. You want to make the sun look like a moon. Youre completely unrational.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    1. There is no stigma. Stop telling this lie.

    2. Look at the player statistics before corona. This game was steadily gaining players.

    3. You probably never read any serious gaming journalism at all. Youre talking nonsense again.

    4. People like youy who cannot even diffetentiate symbols, are the real problem. Youre desperately trying to create an issue that doesnt exist. You want to make the sun look like a moon. Youre completely unrational.

    1. Its not a lie, seriously. If you think it is, you're freaking ignorant. All swatiskas that look a tiny bit like the nazi swatiska get censored. Even if they are mirrored, thicker or are a bit more stylized. So either you're ignorant or live extremely close to asia to say there is no stigma.
    2. You do realize corona started in November right? It reached Italy in March. The player base was dropping from January till March and suddenly started spiking in March again.
    3. No, you wanna know why? Because every article written by a gaming journalist seems to be a COD player writing about a genre they would never play otherwise. Remember Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? One of the highest rated pokemon games to the point where some parts of the fan base achieved cult like status? All articles you can find on those are 2/5 stars because "they arent like the main pokemon series" or "the mechanics are not like you used to be and having to learn their effects in this game is annoying". Or hell, right now, animal crossing new horizons, just look up the articles before the game got released to the public. You'll find the majority of articles with people telling others its not worth the buy, even though right now New Horizon sales are breaking records, even so much that the Switch consoles themselves are being sold out constantly. I look up specific reviewers rather than gaming journalism, because gaming journalism has awful for decades. Hell, movie critics are currently getting worse too, with people who are self proclaimed movie critics are allowed to professionally criticize movies, lowering their ratings. Just look at Joker reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, you'll find the majority of negative "professional" critics to only being recent critics.
    4. Again, I was pointing out that I saw a pattern that I know people could find troubling. I am aware of pattern recognition and tend to ignore it untill the person who created it states themselves that they are fully aware of what it looks like. And no, its not trying to make the sun into the moon. Swastika's are practically non-existant in Europe and the USA, the only known swastika being the german one. Having a similar looking swastika literally has only 1 connection for people. THAT is why people will see a swastika and instantly think its nazi symbolism, because there literally are no other symbols in their daily life that they will compare it to. You ignoring basic history and daily life and then calling someone else who does consider that into their conclusion wrong, is simply irrational behaviour. Yes, I myself am aware of other swastikas, yes, I myself am aware that the devs in no way intended this design and yes, I am aware of the german swastika being mirrored and turned 45 degrees. However, I am also aware that 1.5 BILLION people only know the german swastika and that any swastika they see will make them think its nazi symbolism simply because they dont have any experience with swastikas, BECAUSE IT IS A FREAKING STIGMA TO HAVE ANY SWASTIKA DISPLAYED. If you still claim there is no stigma, go show a swastika to those 1.5 billion people and you'll see how many of them instantly will think its nazi symbolism.


  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208833#Comment_1208833

    1. Its not a lie, seriously. If you think it is, you're freaking ignorant. All swatiskas that look a tiny bit like the nazi swatiska get censored. Even if they are mirrored, thicker or are a bit more stylized. So either you're ignorant or live extremely close to asia to say there is no stigma.
    2. You do realize corona started in November right? It reached Italy in March. The player base was dropping from January till March and suddenly started spiking in March again.
    3. No, you wanna know why? Because every article written by a gaming journalist seems to be a COD player writing about a genre they would never play otherwise. Remember Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? One of the highest rated pokemon games to the point where some parts of the fan base achieved cult like status? All articles you can find on those are 2/5 stars because "they arent like the main pokemon series" or "the mechanics are not like you used to be and having to learn their effects in this game is annoying". Or hell, right now, animal crossing new horizons, just look up the articles before the game got released to the public. You'll find the majority of articles with people telling others its not worth the buy, even though right now New Horizon sales are breaking records, even so much that the Switch consoles themselves are being sold out constantly. I look up specific reviewers rather than gaming journalism, because gaming journalism has awful for decades. Hell, movie critics are currently getting worse too, with people who are self proclaimed movie critics are allowed to professionally criticize movies, lowering their ratings. Just look at Joker reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, you'll find the majority of negative "professional" critics to only being recent critics.
    4. Again, I was pointing out that I saw a pattern that I know people could find troubling. I am aware of pattern recognition and tend to ignore it untill the person who created it states themselves that they are fully aware of what it looks like. And no, its not trying to make the sun into the moon. Swastika's are practically non-existant in Europe and the USA, the only known swastika being the german one. Having a similar looking swastika literally has only 1 connection for people. THAT is why people will see a swastika and instantly think its nazi symbolism, because there literally are no other symbols in their daily life that they will compare it to. You ignoring basic history and daily life and then calling someone else who does consider that into their conclusion wrong, is simply irrational behaviour. Yes, I myself am aware of other swastikas, yes, I myself am aware that the devs in no way intended this design and yes, I am aware of the german swastika being mirrored and turned 45 degrees. However, I am also aware that 1.5 BILLION people only know the german swastika and that any swastika they see will make them think its nazi symbolism simply because they dont have any experience with swastikas, BECAUSE IT IS A FREAKING STIGMA TO HAVE ANY SWASTIKA DISPLAYED. If you still claim there is no stigma, go show a swastika to those 1.5 billion people and you'll see how many of them instantly will think its nazi symbolism.
    1. Combining points 1 and 4 I think you are really over exaggerating here. You don't really see them in a America because we don't have any kind of other swastika that is easily recognized as you said besides maybe the Manji symbol but even then, a lot of people might not know it. Fair enough. So yes, of course when people see a swastika they'll instantly think of the most recognizable one and then they'll make a connection that the one they're seeing is not the bad one. It's the entire First Thought Second Thought thing. Where the first thought is your initial reaction and the 2nd thought is what you really think about it. Anyone who would equate all swaticas to Nazi's are frankly idiots or are incredibly ignorant especially if they're given context. If those kind of people exist in this game and then leave, it's frankly better off. When I was in school some 20 years ago learning about Nazis, I also learned about other variations of swastikas. I obviously can't speak for the entire country but I would hope people are educated enough that they know more than one type of swastika exists.
    2. Looking at steam stats, the game goes up and down but has been rather consistent for a couple years and averaging around 20000. It certainly gained popularity because of the Corona and when this all dies down, it'll go back to being around 20000 again. I don't think the game is losing players or gaining them. People just takes breaks and then come back when there is new stuff.
    3. And what exactly is the issue if some no name journalist bad mouths the game? People already can and do badmouth the game a lot and having some game journalist add on to that won't do anything. The only people who listen to them are generally people who don't even play the game or facebook moms. Your normal dbd gamer or even gamer is general isn't going to see an article on DBD nazism, look at the article and then the proceeding picture and go "Damn! This game supports Nazis!" and then proceed to bail. Hell, if anything it would only bring more attention to DBD and it might gain players from it. All PR is good PR and DBD isn't exactly big enough to see a negative outcry from it.

    Let's look at the worst case scenario. Some journalist on an off day picks this story up and it somehow gains traction and goes viral. People who have never heard about the game will come flocking to it to see what's up which would probably cause a temp boom in playerbase and then everyone will be talking about. The majority will mention how people are being stupid while extremists will call for death! DBD will see what's going on, probably not want to deal with it, issue an apology and say it was never their intention, change the symbol and then it becomes yesterday's news as everyone stops caring. It'd probably end up getting memed to hell and back if this happened. Like I can already see that anime/butterfly meme using the doctors face and the picture above going, "Is this nazism?"

    There was a literal nazi dude at a presidential thing a couple months ago and he was simply escorted out. Facebook moms were mad, some people defended his right to do it if he didn't hurt anyone and most people joked about it thinking the guy was an idiot. Literal nazism and most people just don't care and you think this case of a Manji symbol that isn't even that easy to spot on first glance is going to somehow take off and hurt the game? It's ridiculous man.

    Edit: I made the Meme.

    sdafasdf.png


  • Why did you choose to just cut'n'paste a small square from the original image @Predated ?

    What does that page look like in its full entirety I wonder.......................

  • @Pirscher said:

    Why did you choose to just cut'n'paste a small square from the original image @Predated ?

    What does that page look like in its full entirety I wonder.......................

    its about 1/5th of the full picture. So not really small. You could find it on https://dbd.onteh.net.au/archives

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1213390#Comment_1213390

    1. Combining points 1 and 4 I think you are really over exaggerating here. You don't really see them in a America because we don't have any kind of other swastika that is easily recognized as you said besides maybe the Manji symbol but even then, a lot of people might not know it. Fair enough. So yes, of course when people see a swastika they'll instantly think of the most recognizable one and then they'll make a connection that the one they're seeing is not the bad one. It's the entire First Thought Second Thought thing. Where the first thought is your initial reaction and the 2nd thought is what you really think about it. Anyone who would equate all swaticas to Nazi's are frankly idiots or are incredibly ignorant especially if they're given context. If those kind of people exist in this game and then leave, it's frankly better off. When I was in school some 20 years ago learning about Nazis, I also learned about other variations of swastikas. I obviously can't speak for the entire country but I would hope people are educated enough that they know more than one type of swastika exists.
    2. Looking at steam stats, the game goes up and down but has been rather consistent for a couple years and averaging around 20000. It certainly gained popularity because of the Corona and when this all dies down, it'll go back to being around 20000 again. I don't think the game is losing players or gaining them. People just takes breaks and then come back when there is new stuff.
    3. And what exactly is the issue if some no name journalist bad mouths the game? People already can and do badmouth the game a lot and having some game journalist add on to that won't do anything. The only people who listen to them are generally people who don't even play the game or facebook moms. Your normal dbd gamer or even gamer is general isn't going to see an article on DBD nazism, look at the article and then the proceeding picture and go "Damn! This game supports Nazis!" and then proceed to bail. Hell, if anything it would only bring more attention to DBD and it might gain players from it. All PR is good PR and DBD isn't exactly big enough to see a negative outcry from it.

    Let's look at the worst case scenario. Some journalist on an off day picks this story up and it somehow gains traction and goes viral. People who have never heard about the game will come flocking to it to see what's up which would probably cause a temp boom in playerbase and then everyone will be talking about. The majority will mention how people are being stupid while extremists will call for death! DBD will see what's going on, probably not want to deal with it, issue an apology and say it was never their intention, change the symbol and then it becomes yesterday's news as everyone stops caring. It'd probably end up getting memed to hell and back if this happened. Like I can already see that anime/butterfly meme using the doctors face and the picture above going, "Is this nazism?"

    There was a literal nazi dude at a presidential thing a couple months ago and he was simply escorted out. Facebook moms were mad, some people defended his right to do it if he didn't hurt anyone and most people joked about it thinking the guy was an idiot. Literal nazism and most people just don't care and you think this case of a Manji symbol that isn't even that easy to spot on first glance is going to somehow take off and hurt the game? It's ridiculous man.

    Honestly, that meme was great. Anyway, my point all in all was that the game itself isnt exactly in its healthiest state. Balancewise, playerbase wise(seriously, I encounter less salt in Overwatch, it really is a problem). All in all, it doesnt need any more drama added to it. Some perks need fixing, some killers need fixing, some offerings need fixing. Adding a neo-nazi dramapalooza where the devs have to make official statements etc isnt going to help anyone.

    I might overexaggerate a bit, but I'd personally say it's because im a bit overprotective really. I like this game and really like its potential. I met my gf because of this game and really wish this game would still exist for at least till we tie the knot. Having any drama over it that might have some players move away for the fear of being labeled nazi's for just having the game installed isnt any kind of drama you'd wish ontop of any game. Gamers are already a bit of paria's of society, often linked with tons of bad things. It wouldnt be the first time that people found excuses to call gamers nazi's.

  • @Pirscher said:

    Why did you choose to just cut'n'paste a small square from the original image @Predated ?

    What does that page look like in its full entirety I wonder.......................

    asdfasdfasdfasdf.png


‹ 1 2