Playing solo survivor sucks more than getting destroyed by a toxic 4 SWF as killer

While playing killer is a miserable experience at rank 1 there's one thing I despise more than that. SOLO SURVIVOR.

I have 3000+ hours in this game (killer and survivor player 50/50) and the amount of STUPID survivors at rank 1 is unbelievable.

This just happened to me: One survivor gets grabbed off a totem with thrill of the hunt against a pig, where you have plenty of time to react when she stands up and you know she sees that you cleanse a totem. Then they dc before you can unhook them because yeah its the killer fault you play badly and YOU entitled piece of ... DC because of that. Second guy gets downed immediately, kills themselves on the hook. Then there's me who jukes the killer for legit 5 mins because the killer decides to tryhard. I wonder what the last guy is doing all this time, I mean he could have finished the last 4 gens by that time. I get hooked, last guy does nothing, I see him in a corner crouching waiting for me to die so he can get hatch.

I derank for that.

That's just one of many examples of how BAD solo survivor is. Random survivors don't unhook you, let you get to struggle phase, DC all the time, kill themselves on hook, don't do gens, hide all game, unhook in front of killer to farm you etc.

SWF and a competent team (well I don't demand survivors that are PRO players that know everything in this game and play perfectly, at least a team that's not STUPID) makes things so much better, so much more chill, etc. Just having survivors that don't DC immediately, unhook you in front of the killer or do other stupid ######### makes this game a lot better. Just NORMAL survivors that try to win and play well for their team.

I don't know why the devs don't take hours played into consideration for their matchmaking. I don't want to get matched up with other survivors with 130 hours in this game at rank 1, with their rank 18 SWF friend and another guy who does nothing because he is scared of the terror radius. Also, finally don't punish me if other survivors DC which makes me lose ranks as a survivor (killer too!).

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208529#Comment_1208529

    well, you can just do a gen, unhook someone, get chased by the killer, die, get your pip and your 10k points and go onto the next game all within the span of 4 or 5 minutes. You have plenty of options as a survivor if the game isn't going your way.

    I really cannot stress enough how simple this game is as even a solo survivor. In fact it just increases the difficulty enough that if you want to personally challenge yourself you can, but you don't have to if you don't want to, you can still pull through with a decent survival rate even if you do barely anything, that's part of why you get so many dumb survivors, even at rank 1, because it's so simple to rank up and survive as a survivor. You don't need to think as a survivor, you don't need to try to reach the upper echelons of the game.

    The people that play with the mindset you promote (roughly summarized "don't care about my teammates, don't care about playing well, because as long as I pipped I won") are exactly why others like me find solo queue so frustrating and unbearable. I'm thinking all the time and it's very obvious when others don't.

  • @ZaKzan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208548#Comment_1208548

    It's never going to be like that, the devs can't even figure out how to properly rank and score the game just to separate the cro magnons from the players who have a modicum of sentience. The devs are also extremely reluctant to change the game in meaningful ways. I hope the new changes to maps helps push the game in the right direction, but considering the outcry of people whining about how survivors are going to be more challenging to play, I dunno. When you got 80% of your playerbase whining about how they can't watch netflix and play the game at the same time, as a company you have to listen to that as that really effects your bottom line.

    It can be like that, it just depends on who you get in your lobby. I've had beautiful solo games with flashlight/pallet saves, everyone getting out, etc. I've had solo games that end in 1 minute.

    Also, if you don't understand why some Survivors are complaining about the map changes, you haven't taken a good look at the maps yourselves. Maps in the PTB have basically become giant dead zones.

    @rha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208536#Comment_1208536

    The people that play with the mindset you promote (roughly summarized "don't care about my teammates, don't care about playing well, because as long as I pipped I won") are exactly why others like me find solo queue so frustrating and unbearable. I'm thinking all the time and it's very obvious when others don't.

    Pretty much everything @rha said as well. Beautiful explanation.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208562#Comment_1208562

    Why do you think high ranks means something? I play games thinking my teammates are brown ranks just to find out that they're actually rank 2. The developers themselves have stated that rank does not accurately measure skill at the current moment. It's too easy to rank up on Survivor and some killers.

    Rank does mean something though. You dont rank up by playing badly. Its just easy to do as survivor. Im the first one to hold my hands up and say I dont think im good enough to be rank 1 surv, however im there season after season easily. It should be harder

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208422#Comment_1208422

    How do you adapt when your team is useless and they all go down in 15 seconds at max?

    Here's the problem tho- there is literally no way to balance around that. The problem isn't only that SWF is souch more efficient than solo (although it is), but because of the fact that bad survivors infiltrate every rank and SWF allows for others to be carried where they aren't yet, skillwise.


    In my personal experience, once you transcend brown ranks, solo survivor is pretty cake. I literally play both survivor and killer on a broken PS4 controller. If I pip a vast majority of my games in the high ranks as survivor, and carry just under a 50% survival rate while bringing in perks Like OoO just for the lulz, In my eyes solo is fine.. Now high rank killer on the other hand will always have to deal with peak level rival play to some degree, meaning as killer you have a consistent limitation to how well you can do with the other side being much more variable. That's why I think it's fine to say ok, this side has a consistent issue and we'll address it.

  • @BigFudge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208573#Comment_1208573

    Rank does mean something though. You dont rank up by playing badly. Its just easy to do as survivor. Im the first one to hold my hands up and say I dont think im good enough to be rank 1 surv, however im there season after season easily. It should be harder

    That's exactly the problem, you can rank up from playing badly. Rank represents how much time you wasted on the game that month, not how good you are at the game.

    It is easier for Survivors to do it, and it's easier for certain killers too (Legion being able to hit people multiple times very quickly for example). But that doesn't mean they're all good at the game.

    That being said, it's also more difficult for killers like Plague or Hillbilly who primarily one shot (counting as one chase, getting basically no chaser emblem for winning too quick).

  • @rha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208536#Comment_1208536

    The people that play with the mindset you promote (roughly summarized "don't care about my teammates, don't care about playing well, because as long as I pipped I won") are exactly why others like me find solo queue so frustrating and unbearable. I'm thinking all the time and it's very obvious when others don't.

    But how's that the killers fault? If we were to balance the game in the way you guys want, the killer would just be bad against solo ques AND SWF. If solo is basically fine outside of the random factor of having 1-2 bad teammates, what exactly is the expectation here?


    But furthermore, if you pip and take a death, that's absolutely fine and by design. It's not exactly comparable to times when a killer can lose because they got Ormond or because they didn't happen to have or bring a specific dlc perk. Didn't by the LF dlc? Good luck without BBQ and chilli keeping up with demand for bp and useful notification. Didn't buy clown? LMAO jUsT PrEsSuRe gEnS


    Meanwhile all meta perks for survivor are free. That's why certain killers need buffs.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208574#Comment_1208574

    But how's that the killers fault? If we were to balance the game in the way you guys want, the killer would just be bad against solo ques AND SWF. If solo is basically fine outside of the random factor of having 1-2 bad teammates, what exactly is the expectation here?

    But furthermore, if you pip and take a death, that's absolutely fine and by design. It's not exactly comparable to times when a killer can lose because they got Ormond or because they didn't happen to have or bring a specific dlc perk. Didn't by the LF dlc? Good luck without BBQ and chilli keeping up with demand for bp and useful notification. Didn't buy clown? LMAO jUsT PrEsSuRe gEnS

    Meanwhile all meta perks for survivor are free. That's why certain killers need buffs.

    Gotta pay for the big bad Decisive Strike that everyone seems to complain about.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208625#Comment_1208625

    Gotta pay for the big bad Decisive Strike that everyone seems to complain about.

    That's true, but it's not necessary to play well as survivor, where as if you don't have one of the dlc slowdown perks, you pretty much can't play consistently well at high ranks as killer.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208593#Comment_1208593

    That's exactly the problem, you can rank up from playing badly. Rank represents how much time you wasted on the game that month, not how good you are at the game.

    It is easier for Survivors to do it, and it's easier for certain killers too (Legion being able to hit people multiple times very quickly for example). But that doesn't mean they're all good at the game.

    That being said, it's also more difficult for killers like Plague or Hillbilly who primarily one shot (counting as one chase, getting basically no chaser emblem for winning too quick).

    I manage to play maybe 15 hours per week, thats playing both sides.

  • @Dr_doom_j2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208630#Comment_1208630

    That's true, but it's not necessary to play well as survivor, where as if you don't have one of the dlc slowdown perks, you pretty much can't play consistently well at high ranks as killer.

    It's harder, but still doable under most circumstances. Also depends on the Killer you pick.

  • @BigFudge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208605#Comment_1208605

    I manage to play maybe 15 hours per week, thats playing both sides.

    That's all it really takes, especially since you only get reset to purple now.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208641#Comment_1208641

    That's all it really takes, especially since you only get reset to purple now.

    This is all the problem though, its too easy to play well in match as survivor. I like playing survivor, but it should feel like when that heartbeat fades in i need to run for my life, not stand at this totally safe pallet

  • @BigFudge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208645#Comment_1208645

    This is all the problem though, its too easy to play well in match as survivor. I like playing survivor, but it should feel like when that heartbeat fades in i need to run for my life, not stand at this totally safe pallet

    You're not even supposed to sit at safe pallets, so I think you have some more growth to do lol

    It's easy for Survivors to rank up, but if even one of Survivors suck the whole team will be feeling it.

    It's only natural to not be scared of a horror game after playing it for 100's or 1000's of hours.

  • How much is it is a meme the one thing I hate about survivor when it comes to Dead by daylight.


    I can't stand when I get absolutely potato teammates when I play solo.

    David who is apparently allergic to gens literally only goes for saves. Altruism is great and all but it's pretty pointless how many people you have saved off hook when everyone is dead or on death hook and we've only done two gens (correction I've only done two gens)

    Meg who I'm convinced that looking at her sprint burst indicator lit up is preventing her from having a heart attack and combusting into flames. Why because it's the only explanation I can think of to why this girl decides to crouch and walk everywhere.

    Claudette who has watched way too many ochido videos and tries to be incredibly toxic only for none of that to work resulting her to get downed pretty quickly at which stage she'll disconnect or try again with the same as stupid results. Honestly I don't know which one to worst.


    Only made worse by when I play Killer apparently everybody is on the pulse and knows exactly what they're doing.

    Min looping is absolutely on point and she's top here when it comes to the 360 so I have to keep leaving her.

    Kate is apparently a generator goddess and is cranking them out like nobody's business. Often coming equipped with prove thyself and is hitting every great with skill checks.

    Nea who has the luck of the gods on her side and apparently always manages to run to a really safe brain dead loop.

    Dwight who I have somehow managed to not see all game besides butt dancing at the gates but has been doing everything behind the scenes and is top of the leaderboard on points

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208666#Comment_1208666

    You're not even supposed to sit at safe pallets, so I think you have some more growth to do lol

    It's easy for Survivors to rank up, but if even one of Survivors suck the whole team will be feeling it.

    It's only natural to not be scared of a horror game after playing it for 100's or 1000's of hours.

    If im at a pallet and get the most loops as possible, drop it if needed and then force the killer to break it, thats exectly the most efficient way to play a pallet. Maximum time wasted at every opportunity is name of the game as survivor, i shouldnt need to explain that surely?

    If there is a less skilled player on the team it doesnt matter. Sounds like you rely on your team too much, maybe a bit of growth is needed? Lets stop condescending eachother shall we? It was a pleasant discussion.

    I have probably over 3k hours. I dont mean be emotionally scared of the killer, I mean survivor should feel the NEED to run if the killer comes close, not ######### around at a pallet or jungle gym

  • @BigFudge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208668#Comment_1208668

    If im at a pallet and get the most loops as possible, drop it if needed and then force the killer to break it, thats exectly the most efficient way to play a pallet. Maximum time wasted at every opportunity is name of the game as survivor, i shouldnt need to explain that surely?

    If there is a less skilled player on the team it doesnt matter. Sounds like you rely on your team too much, maybe a bit of growth is needed? Lets stop condescending eachother shall we? It was a pleasant discussion.

    I have probably over 3k hours. I dont mean be emotionally scared of the killer, I mean survivor should feel the NEED to run if the killer comes close, not ######### around at a pallet or jungle gym

    Would be more efficient to take the hit and save that safe pallet for later, and use some unsafe ones but to each their own.

    Sounds like I rely on my team in a 1v4 game. Hmmm... I wonder why. Maybe because the team is supposed to be doing things as I keep the Killer busy... because it's... 1v4?

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208677#Comment_1208677

    Would be more efficient to take the hit and save that safe pallet for later, and use some unsafe ones but to each their own.

    Sounds like I rely on my team in a 1v4 game. Hmmm... I wonder why. Maybe because the team is supposed to be doing things as I keep the Killer busy... because it's... 1v4?

    If I waste a couple of strong pallets in exchange for 2 gens thats fine by me. I mean dont rely on teammates for anything. Just because its 1v4 doesnt mean the other survivors owe you anything. This is why I say having less skilled people on the team doesnt matter. You can still get as much done as you choose to, this is why I have an issue, it shouldnt be that easy for a survivor

  • @Volfawott said:

    How much is it is a meme the one thing I hate about survivor when it comes to Dead by daylight.

    I can't stand when I get absolutely potato teammates when I play solo.

    David who is apparently allergic to gens literally only goes for saves. Altruism is great and all but it's pretty pointless how many people you have saved off hook when everyone is dead or on death hook and we've only done two gens (correction I've only done two gens)

    Meg who I'm convinced that looking at her sprint burst indicator lit up is preventing her from having a heart attack and combusting into flames. Why because it's the only explanation I can think of to why this girl decides to crouch and walk everywhere.

    Claudette who has watched way too many ochido videos and tries to be incredibly toxic only for none of that to work resulting her to get downed pretty quickly at which stage she'll disconnect or try again with the same as stupid results. Honestly I don't know which one to worst.

    Only made worse by when I play Killer apparently everybody is on the pulse and knows exactly what they're doing.

    Min looping is absolutely on point and she's top here when it comes to the 360 so I have to keep leaving her.

    Kate is apparently a generator goddess and is cranking them out like nobody's business. Often coming equipped with prove thyself and is hitting every great with skill checks.

    Nea who has the luck of the gods on her side and apparently always manages to run to a really safe brain dead loop.

    Dwight who I have somehow managed to not see all game besides butt dancing at the gates but has been doing everything behind the scenes and is top of the leaderboard on points

    It's not a meme. It's the absolute truth.

  • My fault I didn't exactly take that correctly.

    I meant the potatoes survivors when they're on my team but pro survivors when I go against them meme is very popular in the community but god damn is it annoying that it incredibly accurate.

  • I disagree, but this is why: as a solo survivor, if you don't like the map, killer, teammates, etc, you can suicide on hook with no penalty and be on your way to the next match. As a killer, your screwed until they decide to finish the gens, then at the least, you can open the gate and start eg. If they're miles ahead when it comes to skill though, they won't do the last gen, and purposely hold the game hostage. If you quit as killer, your penalized for DCing...

  • @Mtom912 said:

    I basically never solo que, and I basically main killer because of that. The remember the last time I solo qued because of how frustrating it was

    killer was a spirit, and I got found first, I timed it later, and I lasted 4:48, the microsecond just before I got downed my team popped haunted grounds and I was healthy, 0 gens done. I died first hook, while the killer proxy camped me because how dare I be competent at lasting in chase, and my team thought it was a good idea to just watch me, not do gens, or even attempt to save me. 0 gens done after I died. All 3 randoms were rank 1

    havent solo qued since. This was before plague got released. There was no (old) ruin

    That’s why I’ve said SWF is a necessity. The minute that the devs do something to penalize playing with friends is when this game will start losing its playerbase.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208422#Comment_1208422

    How do you adapt when your team is useless and they all go down in 15 seconds at max?

    Lol ignore that post. Just read it “I enjoy the challenge survivors just need to adapt”

    Its what all the killer mains say everytime survivors have an issue. They just need to git gud and adapt. Seem some in here pretend they play survivor and pretend they prefer 3 vs 1 games as well due to the challenge. These kinds of people likely never play survivor.

  • Playin solo in ma experience is absolutely disgustin in half ma games.... Yesterday i was in a game, got 2 and a half gens done on ma own, unhooked and healed people, looped the killer for a gen (better than nothin) i got caught and hooked, just chillin on ma hook and not any of them even attemptin to unhook me.... 1 surv in the basement runnin in circles :s another crouched in a corner, i get to second phase and the last surv cleansin a fkn totem near me? Aye that's right mate u cleanse ur totem whilst I'm sat strugglin, done most of the work, and I'm the one punished because none of them had a brain cell between them to unhook me (these were red ranks btw) love dyin on first hook


    I play killer and i get god like survivours, loopin, 360'n, actually not allergic to gens, unhookin, it's like why do i only find these people when i play killer, and can never have them in ma team as survivor

  • Solo survivor which I play almost all the time is the most obnoxious experience in this game I've ever had, played a lot of killer aswell getting those annoying SWF squads which make your day impossible, and still manages to be less aggravating than solo survivor.

    Take for example your average annoying killer with mori + tunneling strat, where your teammates instead of already knowing what to do (rush goddamn gens) They come face first to save you, and there you go, you're out of the match with 3k points because they couldn't get the message right.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    While playing killer is a miserable experience at rank 1 there's one thing I despise more than that. SOLO SURVIVOR.

    I have 3000+ hours in this game (killer and survivor player 50/50) and the amount of STUPID survivors at rank 1 is unbelievable.

    This just happened to me: One survivor gets grabbed off a totem with thrill of the hunt against a pig, where you have plenty of time to react when she stands up and you know she sees that you cleanse a totem. Then they dc before you can unhook them because yeah its the killer fault you play badly and YOU entitled piece of ... DC because of that. Second guy gets downed immediately, kills themselves on the hook. Then there's me who jukes the killer for legit 5 mins because the killer decides to tryhard. I wonder what the last guy is doing all this time, I mean he could have finished the last 4 gens by that time. I get hooked, last guy does nothing, I see him in a corner crouching waiting for me to die so he can get hatch.

    I derank for that.

    That's just one of many examples of how BAD solo survivor is. Random survivors don't unhook you, let you get to struggle phase, DC all the time, kill themselves on hook, don't do gens, hide all game, unhook in front of killer to farm you etc.

    SWF and a competent team (well I don't demand survivors that are PRO players that know everything in this game and play perfectly, at least a team that's not STUPID) makes things so much better, so much more chill, etc. Just having survivors that don't DC immediately, unhook you in front of the killer or do other stupid ######### makes this game a lot better. Just NORMAL survivors that try to win and play well for their team.

    I don't know why the devs don't take hours played into consideration for their matchmaking. I don't want to get matched up with other survivors with 130 hours in this game at rank 1, with their rank 18 SWF friend and another guy who does nothing because he is scared of the terror radius. Also, finally don't punish me if other survivors DC which makes me lose ranks as a survivor (killer too!).

    500 hours here. I’ll be the first to complain, I’m always ######### I know... but solo survivor is so god damn unrewarding, I’m not the best, but I have literally, NEVER made it past rank 3... in my entirety of playing this game, the single closest I ever got was 2 pips in to rank 3 and then immediately after wards lost every single game. I’ve changed up my perk set up, multiple times, I can loop the killer the entire game, while my team does gens only to be down at the very last gen and they all just ######### leave me, and I’ll depip because DEVS have made this game is disproportional unfair

  • @DBD78 said:

    I'm rank 1 solo survivor and I have no problem with it, really fun. Some teammates are good some are bad, it's the name of the game. Toxic SWF as killers is simply awful no comparison.

    No, easily comparable, getting slugged by a ghost face for him to just sit and tbag until you bleed out.... post your survivor rank

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Its a problem with the games balance. Its not quite balanced for a good 4 man swf so killers are unhappy, but it’s also not balanced for 4 solo survivors so survivors are unhappy too. Hence why killers are both OP and UP at the same time.

    Worse still is all the bs in the game that stacks.

    Play solo survivor, nobody in the lobby has items? Here’s a top tier killer with red add ons, NOED and an ebony mori.

    Want to chill with a low-mid tier killer with decent but nothing special add ons? Here’s a 4 man on comms with their best items.

    I wouldn't explain it better

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think it speaks to how broken the survivor emblem system is. I play survivor maybe 25% as much as I play killer, yet I'm a rank 1 survivor simply by existing on the map and performing simple survivor functions like a bot to rank up.

    I think chase skill and general game awareness is completely devalued by the emblem system while altruism is valued way too highly. Getting pulled off a dull totem (I can reasons for committing to a lit totem) or a chest by a killer with a terror radius is egregious. You shouldn't rank up from that game. If someone goes into struggle state on first hook when the killer isn't near the hook, anyone not in a chase when it happened shouldn't rank up from that game.

    Likewise, chase time should matter a whole lot more than it does. It's the single biggest determining factor in a win vs loss outside of teammates not being afk, but the emblem system doesn't care about it at all. It only cares if you didn't get caught in the end. It's absolutely asinine that a 3 gen run and an escape is ever anything other than a double pip. That's beyond a carry.

    The emblem system is why we currently have so many bad players at red ranks. It's tuned to reward bad play. Why be efficient on gens when ranking up depends on me hook bombing for a save, no context whatsoever? Why run the killer when chase time won't affect my emblem score? Better to hide in a bush, never see the killer, and watch my teammates get focused down while I never take a hook state. Because at the end of the match, the person who hid, made bad saves, never got chased, did a gen or two, and got out through the hatch ranked up, and the people who played well didn't.

    I have literally never ever had this problem.. as red rank if I don’t perform at least a couple safe saves, a gen and succeed in chases, I will no doubt depip. I don’t know what you are doing, but it sounds like a load of bullshit

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    While playing killer is a miserable experience at rank 1 there's one thing I despise more than that. SOLO SURVIVOR.

    I have 3000+ hours in this game (killer and survivor player 50/50) and the amount of STUPID survivors at rank 1 is unbelievable.

    This just happened to me: One survivor gets grabbed off a totem with thrill of the hunt against a pig, where you have plenty of time to react when she stands up and you know she sees that you cleanse a totem. Then they dc before you can unhook them because yeah its the killer fault you play badly and YOU entitled piece of ... DC because of that. Second guy gets downed immediately, kills themselves on the hook. Then there's me who jukes the killer for legit 5 mins because the killer decides to tryhard. I wonder what the last guy is doing all this time, I mean he could have finished the last 4 gens by that time. I get hooked, last guy does nothing, I see him in a corner crouching waiting for me to die so he can get hatch.

    I derank for that.

    That's just one of many examples of how BAD solo survivor is. Random survivors don't unhook you, let you get to struggle phase, DC all the time, kill themselves on hook, don't do gens, hide all game, unhook in front of killer to farm you etc.

    SWF and a competent team (well I don't demand survivors that are PRO players that know everything in this game and play perfectly, at least a team that's not STUPID) makes things so much better, so much more chill, etc. Just having survivors that don't DC immediately, unhook you in front of the killer or do other stupid ######### makes this game a lot better. Just NORMAL survivors that try to win and play well for their team.

    I don't know why the devs don't take hours played into consideration for their matchmaking. I don't want to get matched up with other survivors with 130 hours in this game at rank 1, with their rank 18 SWF friend and another guy who does nothing because he is scared of the terror radius. Also, finally don't punish me if other survivors DC which makes me lose ranks as a survivor (killer too!).

    I would say its killer playing if you see ur team sucks you can commit sepukku on the hook while killers have to suffer stress minimum 6 mins

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think it speaks to how broken the survivor emblem system is. I play survivor maybe 25% as much as I play killer, yet I'm a rank 1 survivor simply by existing on the map and performing simple survivor functions like a bot to rank up.

    I think chase skill and general game awareness is completely devalued by the emblem system while altruism is valued way too highly. Getting pulled off a dull totem (I can reasons for committing to a lit totem) or a chest by a killer with a terror radius is egregious. You shouldn't rank up from that game. If someone goes into struggle state on first hook when the killer isn't near the hook, anyone not in a chase when it happened shouldn't rank up from that game.

    Likewise, chase time should matter a whole lot more than it does. It's the single biggest determining factor in a win vs loss outside of teammates not being afk, but the emblem system doesn't care about it at all. It only cares if you didn't get caught in the end. It's absolutely asinine that a 3 gen run and an escape is ever anything other than a double pip. That's beyond a carry.

    The emblem system is why we currently have so many bad players at red ranks. It's tuned to reward bad play. Why be efficient on gens when ranking up depends on me hook bombing for a save, no context whatsoever? Why run the killer when chase time won't affect my emblem score? Better to hide in a bush, never see the killer, and watch my teammates get focused down while I never take a hook state. Because at the end of the match, the person who hid, made bad saves, never got chased, did a gen or two, and got out through the hatch ranked up, and the people who played well didn't.

    There is another post regarding a killer he managed 29k BPS and didn’t kill a single survivor!!! How by your logic he shouldn’t of scored that, yet he did, and your post is clearly biased..

  • Solo queue is in the worst state its ever been since release. Its so bad. Speaking from my experience at the red ranks.

  • @designator said:

    Yep. Killers hate SWF but they don't understand solo is literally awful and the experience gets worse every patch. I think it's because they only play survivor when they're with their friends. In terms of Difficulty Solo<<<<<Killer= 2 Man SWF < 3 man SWF << 4 man SWF.

    I play solo pal and I feel you. Im bad survivor rank 10 my max (not a pro on loops) but as I said on my previous post killer have to suffer whole match me as surv sometimes i have a nice chase.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I think it speaks to how broken the survivor emblem system is. I play survivor maybe 25% as much as I play killer, yet I'm a rank 1 survivor simply by existing on the map and performing simple survivor functions like a bot to rank up.

    I think chase skill and general game awareness is completely devalued by the emblem system while altruism is valued way too highly. Getting pulled off a dull totem (I can reasons for committing to a lit totem) or a chest by a killer with a terror radius is egregious. You shouldn't rank up from that game. If someone goes into struggle state on first hook when the killer isn't near the hook, anyone not in a chase when it happened shouldn't rank up from that game.

    Likewise, chase time should matter a whole lot more than it does. It's the single biggest determining factor in a win vs loss outside of teammates not being afk, but the emblem system doesn't care about it at all. It only cares if you didn't get caught in the end. It's absolutely asinine that a 3 gen run and an escape is ever anything other than a double pip. That's beyond a carry.

    The emblem system is why we currently have so many bad players at red ranks. It's tuned to reward bad play. Why be efficient on gens when ranking up depends on me hook bombing for a save, no context whatsoever? Why run the killer when chase time won't affect my emblem score? Better to hide in a bush, never see the killer, and watch my teammates get focused down while I never take a hook state. Because at the end of the match, the person who hid, made bad saves, never got chased, did a gen or two, and got out through the hatch ranked up, and the people who played well didn't.

    image.jpeg

    exactly what you’re complaining survivors do, he still pipped up for this, yet not one single survivor died..... so I know you’re absolutely full of yourself

  • @Fear_source19 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1207929#Comment_1207929

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/335/RY1OHBVBH9SX.jpeg

    exactly what you’re complaining survivors do, he still pipped up for this, yet not one single survivor died..... so I know you’re absolutely full of yourself

    How awful is your reading comprehension? I don't have my post in front of me, but the crux was that certain survivor actions are weighed too heavily vs others regarding pips. You replied to my post 3 times, twice to refute a point I never made.

  • I disagree with the op's assessment. I play solo queue and killer. Swf death squads, especially when they're playing downranked are infinitely more annoying.

    Solo survivor is tougher than swf, sure. The upside is, if my team potatoes me to death, I can just leave when I die and go find another game. I don't need to hang around to see the other Survivors flame the killer or each other. In swf or killer, you kinda have to wait on everyone else.

    But yeah, if you pull a killer who is way better than you as a solo, you just die, leave, try again.

    If you pull a swf way better than you as killer, you are forced to take every drop of abuse they want to dish out until they decide to let you go or you DC.

  • @Claudette_Baguette said:

    While playing killer is a miserable experience at rank 1 there's one thing I despise more than that. SOLO SURVIVOR.

    I have 3000+ hours in this game (killer and survivor player 50/50) and the amount of STUPID survivors at rank 1 is unbelievable.

    This just happened to me: One survivor gets grabbed off a totem with thrill of the hunt against a pig, where you have plenty of time to react when she stands up and you know she sees that you cleanse a totem. Then they dc before you can unhook them because yeah its the killer fault you play badly and YOU entitled piece of ... DC because of that. Second guy gets downed immediately, kills themselves on the hook. Then there's me who jukes the killer for legit 5 mins because the killer decides to tryhard. I wonder what the last guy is doing all this time, I mean he could have finished the last 4 gens by that time. I get hooked, last guy does nothing, I see him in a corner crouching waiting for me to die so he can get hatch.

    I derank for that.

    That's just one of many examples of how BAD solo survivor is. Random survivors don't unhook you, let you get to struggle phase, DC all the time, kill themselves on hook, don't do gens, hide all game, unhook in front of killer to farm you etc.

    SWF and a competent team (well I don't demand survivors that are PRO players that know everything in this game and play perfectly, at least a team that's not STUPID) makes things so much better, so much more chill, etc. Just having survivors that don't DC immediately, unhook you in front of the killer or do other stupid ######### makes this game a lot better. Just NORMAL survivors that try to win and play well for their team.

    I don't know why the devs don't take hours played into consideration for their matchmaking. I don't want to get matched up with other survivors with 130 hours in this game at rank 1, with their rank 18 SWF friend and another guy who does nothing because he is scared of the terror radius. Also, finally don't punish me if other survivors DC which makes me lose ranks as a survivor (killer too!).

    Calling Bullshit on this post. I solo que always if I can save my team I will but if they are constant fuckups I get away even if they all get destroyed. The hatch exist if u get a crap hand dealt to you. And gens don't mean ######### by then.

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/143363/playing-solo-survivor-sucks-more-than-getting-destroyed-by-a-toxic-4-swf-as-killer

    Calling Bullshit on this post. I solo que always if I can save my team I will but if they are constant fuckups I get away even if they all get destroyed. The hatch exist if u get a crap hand dealt to you. And gens don't mean ######### by then.

    Maybe try red ranks.. didn t get a not slugging killer this week

  • @Snoot1Booper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214067#Comment_1214067

    Maybe try red ranks.. didn t get a not slugging killer this week

    Red ranks? I live their! Jokes aside most if not all my builds run Unbreakable. But I'm on ps4 idk what pc red ranks are like but killers get clowned in my realm.

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1214117#Comment_1214117

    Red ranks? I live their! Jokes aside most if not all my builds run Unbreakable. But I'm on ps4 idk what pc red ranks are like but killers get clowned in my realm.

    Maybe I should switch to console. Playing dbd for years and IMO it solo experience never was worse and killers never sweatier.. idk what changed with the community since my last break but the rank reset change is maybe the problem. It’s really impossible to leave red rank atm

  • I have to agree with the title of this post. SWF aren't every single match. Getting a toxic, inconsiderate killer and/or a bad team is pretty much every match. I just had 4 in a row. Days like today make me never want to play this game again. If it wasn't for occasionally playing with friends and family, I probably would have by now.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    I have to agree with the title of this post. SWF aren't every single match. Getting a toxic, inconsiderate killer and/or a bad team is pretty much every match. I just had 4 in a row. Days like today make me never want to play this game again. If it wasn't for occasionally playing with friends and family, I probably would have by now.

    To be honest as a killer I encounter SWF so often, they admit it in the after game chat and it's very obvious.

    However, when playing survivor solo I feel like I'm matched with 3 other solo survivors so often.

    DbD mobile has some improvements for solo survivors (seeing each other's perks in the lobby), I hope this will be added on the PC version as well.

  • @Enlyne said:

    Solo survivor which I play almost all the time is the most obnoxious experience in this game I've ever had, played a lot of killer aswell getting those annoying SWF squads which make your day impossible, and still manages to be less aggravating than solo survivor.

    Take for example your average annoying killer with mori + tunneling strat, where your teammates instead of already knowing what to do (rush goddamn gens) They come face first to save you, and there you go, you're out of the match with 3k points because they couldn't get the message right.

    The thing is with a SWF team you can counter tunneling killers easily. You take the aggro, tank hits, body block etc. With solo survivors that's almost impossible to do.

1 2 ›