Seriously make face camping bannable or punished :/

There is nothing in this game worse than being facecamped. Literally NOTHING! "Just do gens!" Okay you're still forcing one player to depip and lose all fun in the game and thats the problem! There's no counter for it and its ridiculous like seriously make it bannable I just wanna have fun in this game and this is the third time today I've gotten face camped on first hook when there is 3+ gens still remaining :/

Comments

  • All i'm saying is to stop taking this game so seriously. Don't be a pussy, run up to the hook, and save the person. So what if you get downed. I find it fun and satisfactory to be facecamped because I know I did a good job in the chase or i was (rarely) toxic. :)

  • As long as we get DS, BT, and the billion other second chance perks banned, sure!

    Otherwise, let me play how I want against toxic SWFs.

  • @Spectre13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187228#Comment_1187228

    See thats a problem right there. "Its part of the game" people just write it off and let it happen. The devs dont care to do anything about it no matter how many players they lose. When the game stops being a game and becomes a hostage situation like that thats when someone in control should say "Okay you're ruining this game for someone so you should be punished". Its like if someone is cheating...its ruining the game for people and thats bannable...so why shouldnt face camping. Its simple. Measure the terror radius to the hooked survivor X the amount of time the killer stood there X if the killer was facing any other direction = your formula if it was a bannable offense or not by set parameters. If survivors were to constantly be bullying a killer by some means I would say ban it as well. I am 50/50 players so I know the frustrations on both sides.

    It is not bannable because it is the people that cause this unfun. If face camping is bannable, same goes for tbaggin and flashlight clicking. This is not about counterplay or what ever, this is for shitting your opponent in the face. And that is purely the character of the person in front of the screen, not about gameplay, mechanics abuse or whatever. And that's why you will never get that out of this game, it is the community. No online game without community

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Am I the only one who doesn't hate getting facecamped? Maybe I've just grown so insensitive to winning/losing and the rank system but I love the fact that I managed to piss a killer off to the point where he will make sure I die no matter what. I feel like I've already won and I didn't even do gens or escape.

    That makes you probably one of the reasons why camping is a thing.

  • One person depip? At red ranks most likely everybody in the trial is going to depip because nobody's getting points for chases or hooks/unhooks. Every survivor's Benevolent emblem goes right in the trash along with the killer's Gatekeeper. The killer might as well spend the entire match staring at the corner in the basement.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187326#Comment_1187326

    That makes you probably one of the reasons why camping is a thing.

    Well...yeah? If a killer is so insecure that they'll make sure I die all because I played better than them and wasted their time then you bet I feel good about that.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187846#Comment_1187846

    Well...yeah? If a killer is so insecure that they'll make sure I die all because I played better than them and wasted their time then you bet I feel good about that.

    If you just looped well or the killer screwed up, that's apparently not a legit reason to face camp. I said "probably".

    "I managed to piss a killer off" just sounds like intentional

  • Here's what would happen:

    Camping gets made bannable (considering the mechanics of face camping don't actually exist anymore).

    The very same day, in probably every second game, every time there is a hook, all 3 Survivors run over as soon as the guy lands on it and start taking turns fake unhooking, pinning the killer in place.

    They continue until guy on hook is dead.

    Post game, all 4 Survivors report killer for face camping.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    There is nothing in this game worse than being facecamped. Literally NOTHING! "Just do gens!" Okay you're still forcing one player to depip and lose all fun in the game and thats the problem! There's no counter for it and its ridiculous like seriously make it bannable I just wanna have fun in this game and this is the third time today I've gotten face camped on first hook when there is 3+ gens still remaining :/

    Be proud that you ate one for the team and sat out the whole camp to buy them time. To me, that's one of the best teammates.

    Some people WILL save and be successful (besides maybe versus a Bubba or something). Honestly those saves are the most satisfying, so if you do get camped, hope it's near the end of the game ;-;

    Good luck, man. It sucks, but the killer probably struggled all game or throughout the day and is putting it out on you, so just mash space bar and move on. It is what it is and be proud you pissed them off enough, I guess lmao

  • @TwinPrinces said:

    K so it's the endgame and the gates are open so I have to camp. I'm punished for playing good now?

    I think that that's the only ok time to camp. You have no other objectives left to defend at that point except for the hooked survivor.

  • No, just accept it. ######### hell...

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    There is nothing in this game worse than being facecamped. Literally NOTHING! "Just do gens!" Okay you're still forcing one player to depip and lose all fun in the game and thats the problem! There's no counter for it and its ridiculous like seriously make it bannable I just wanna have fun in this game and this is the third time today I've gotten face camped on first hook when there is 3+ gens still remaining :/

    forcing one player to depip and lose all fun? forcing all survivor, since rushing generators also isn't fun.

  • What rank are you exactly?

    @kate_best_girl said:

    There is nothing in this game worse than being facecamped. Literally NOTHING! "Just do gens!" Okay you're still forcing one player to depip and lose all fun in the game and thats the problem! There's no counter for it and its ridiculous like seriously make it bannable I just wanna have fun in this game and this is the third time today I've gotten face camped on first hook when there is 3+ gens still remaining :/

    Because face camping doesnt happen as much the higher rank goes

  • isnt losing the game enough punishment?

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187274#Comment_1187274

    "Im helping my team win but I dont get to play the game I have to sit here and lose because I couldn't find a pallet in time."

    Haven’t seen anyone else suggest this yet - if you have trouble finding pallets (and that’s not because your team used them all) then try the Kate Denson perk Windows of Opportunity.

    It shows auras of window vaults and pallets <3

  • Is camping really that big of a deal to people? Just move on to the next game or don't. It's 2 minutes of your life on the hook. DbD is not a merit based game as much as people would love to think it is. People often win when they should lose and people often lose when they should win. That's what this game is.

    You can't mechanically eliminate all forms of camping because the definition always changes and there are times where it's the best play a killer has. Literally facecamping someone with 5 gens left is obviously a bad play. Returned to a hook to ensure struggle phase because survivors waited too long to rescue? That's usually a good play. End game collapse with the doors open? Where else is the killer supposed to go (be intellectually honest here)?

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187428#Comment_1187428

    Wow what a reward I get punished for the killer being toxic!

    Team based game, so yup! Play killer if you want to be judged solo.

  • Already punishable. Especially if the other 2/3 survivors have Borrowed or know how to take Protection Hits. Only way they can hard counter the rescue is noed or if no one is even there at all, but usually someone's there c:

  • Not saying this is the case, BUT... Most who get face camped deserve it. They always come on here crying, playing the victim role when they were playing toxic as hell. Butt dancing after slamming pallets on the killers head, running to infinites and taunting, sabo hooks, etc, etc, and then get butt hurt when they DO get finally caught and camped to death. I play fair, but the second some surv gets toxic w me, it becomes a 1v1 until he's dead. I could care less about there team at that point, and it's very satisfying because I know there either gonna DC, or scream and cry at the tv like I can ACTUALLY here them.. HA!

  • I like how the counter to facecamping is doing gens yet you get all the gens done and surprise surprise the camper had noed. Because we should be punished for doing our job. The amount of times a killer has almost got a 4k with camping noed is fricken annoying.

  • Leatherface's power can hit multiple people at once, so if you stand at a hook with your chainsaw revved you can instantly down anyone who tries to go for the save and turn what would've been a trade into two free downs with no skill requirement.

  • The counter is , Dont get caught. Your fun is no concern to the killer. Zero. Not very fun when rage quitting survivors DC. We lose our add ons, offering. they keep theirs. They get a 30 second penalty ooh, it hasnt changed anything. 6 out of 10 matches someone DC's. What makes people think they have the right to tell other people how to play a game? Do you tell people in a 1st person shooter that they can't shoot you in the head? They have to shoot you in the legs first? No because that would be ridiculous. Just like coming on here begging devs to punish a legit strategy. Just because you dont like it, doesnt make it against the rules. Same with tunneling and slugging. I play for MY fun, not yours. The more miserable you are, the better.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEaFKY3opY0


  • Make using ultra, meta, sweaty perks bannable too then!

  • Stop getting caught first.

    Camping is punished. They lose points also.

    It sucks to be the one camped, but 3 others can punish the camper hard. ######### happens.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1188416#Comment_1188416

    Leatherface's power can hit multiple people at once, so if you stand at a hook with your chainsaw revved you can instantly down anyone who tries to go for the save and turn what would've been a trade into two free downs with no skill requirement.

    So that's why we say do gens against a camper. Just like killers aren't entitled to kills survivors aren't entitled to escape. Quit crying about campers do gens and get out .

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1189382#Comment_1189382

    So that's why we say do gens against a camper. Just like killers aren't entitled to kills survivors aren't entitled to escape. Quit crying about campers do gens and get out .

    Okay, but what's the point of winning if you're not having fun?

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1189704#Comment_1189704

    Okay, but what's the point of winning if you're not having fun?

    Winning is what makes it fun. Going up against a huntress with iri heads who is lobbing them at you while your opening the gate is fun. Chasing that one survivor who teabagged at every pallet and hooking them is fun.

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1189721#Comment_1189721

    Winning is what makes it fun. Going up against a huntress with iri heads who is lobbing them at you while your opening the gate is fun. Chasing that one survivor who teabagged at every pallet and hooking them is fun.

    Holding M1 while your teammate dies slowly is fun? You don't even get a good chase in. It ruins the fun of the game.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1189798#Comment_1189798

    Holding M1 while your teammate dies slowly is fun? You don't even get a good chase in. It ruins the fun of the game.

    Why is your fun the responsibility of the opposite team?

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187647#Comment_1187647

    I never said that you were 100% being toxic, I just said that if this is happening to you more than 50% of the time there is a chance that though you think you are not being toxic you might actually be being toxic. I rarely get face camped. camped sure but proxy camping and I've been accused of camping when I just ran around the area making sure they were going to be on the hook before leaving the area and seeking out the other survivors. I also love how "making you depip" is a punishment. I don't care if I depip. the ranking system is busted to the point there is no real reason to worry about rank. it's no big deal for you to REPIP the next match, especially when you're ranked against killers that are truly baby killers. OR maybe that is when you are face camped, and what you see as normal game play to them is toxic as crap because they get frustrated so they stop and watch you die because you kept palleting them and looping them for 3 gens they feel accomplished. It is all a matter of perspective.

    she didn't find a pallet and none of the gens were repaired?

  • How would that not help if the killer is camping? Borrowed time is a camping counter perk on first and second hooks. And yes most killer do go after a ds but it is a waste of time to do so.

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191315#Comment_1191315

    How would that not help if the killer is camping? Borrowed time is a camping counter perk on first and second hooks. And yes most killer do go after a ds but it is a waste of time to do so.

    i seriously have no clue to why i said that, lol! but yeah, for most people who run ds they will be chased by the killer again and then be hooked again. ds doesn't always work as an anti tunnelling perk

  • @bomb1720 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187749#Comment_1187749

    she didn't find a pallet and none of the gens were repaired?

    what does not finding a pallet have to do with what I said, and if the gens weren't being worked on that's on the survivors not the camping killer. still what else do you wish to say as a non-sequiter?

  • @bomb1720 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191357#Comment_1191357

    i seriously have no clue to why i said that, lol! but yeah, for most people who run ds they will be chased by the killer again and then be hooked again. ds doesn't always work as an anti tunnelling perk

    Lol oh ok. I know what you mean about killers going after the ds. I do it when I get hit with it, but it give you a 5 second head start from the killer.

  • For tunneling already for me when I tunnel it's Cayce that is the only survivor I see when I go back to the hook. Am I supposed to just let them go and find someone ?

  • @ThisGuuy83 said:

    Not saying this is the case, BUT... Most who get face camped deserve it. They always come on here crying, playing the victim role when they were playing toxic as hell. Butt dancing after slamming pallets on the killers head, running to infinites and taunting, sabo hooks, etc, etc, and then get butt hurt when they DO get finally caught and camped to death. I play fair, but the second some surv gets toxic w me, it becomes a 1v1 until he's dead. I could care less about there team at that point, and it's very satisfying because I know there either gonna DC, or scream and cry at the tv like I can ACTUALLY here them.. HA!

    It was like 2 minutes into the game vs a huntress. I had no safe pallet or safe area to go against her since all pallets nearby could have a hatchet thrown over so I didn't even loop her she did it purely to be toxic.

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191054#Comment_1191054

    Why is your fun the responsibility of the opposite team?

    Okay you better not complain about god loops, flashlight saves, DS, borrowed time, dead hard, head on etc etc since survivors shouldn't have to care about your fun.

  • @xpertbandit said:

    I'm a survivor main. Trust me I feel your pain. But it is what it is. Do gens and get the 3 out. Yeah you de-pip. But you are who you are as a player and you will get those pips back. Yes face camping sucks. I also scream at the killer like he can hear me. But its part of the game.

    That's the best survivor main comment I've seen, as in you wasn't like f*** that killer and told him to git gud if you know what I mean

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191285#Comment_1191285

    Okay you better not complain about god loops, flashlight saves, DS, borrowed time, dead hard, head on etc etc since survivors shouldn't have to care about your fun.

    I don't .

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    There is nothing in this game worse than being facecamped. Literally NOTHING! "Just do gens!" Okay you're still forcing one player to depip and lose all fun in the game and thats the problem! There's no counter for it and its ridiculous like seriously make it bannable I just wanna have fun in this game and this is the third time today I've gotten face camped on first hook when there is 3+ gens still remaining :/

    nothing wrong with camping or even face camping, id even say Devs encourage it as stated @ :39 of the video i will be posting down below.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04

  • I was making a comparison between body blocking and face camp / tunneling. I don't have any thread complaint saying that it should be punished as your thread is stating that a valid play style should be punished. All I am saying is if one is then the other should be as well.

  • T bagging should be bannable or punished

  • You do know you could just ######### and move on

    Not that hard

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1191342#Comment_1191342

    what does not finding a pallet have to do with what I said, and if the gens weren't being worked on that's on the survivors not the camping killer. still what else do you wish to say as a non-sequiter?

    you said she probably kept palleting killer, looping for 3 gens. i said that she didn't find a pallet and none of the gens were done. she got camped for no reason at the beginning of game, so is killers fault!

1 2 3