Can We Get A Rift Extension?

When the rift first came out we were told completing the tomes would be enough to finish the rift. I've finished the 2nd tome and I still have 3 rift tiers to go and probably won't have enough time to finish them.

Some of those challenges are really grindy too so I've put in a lot of games just to finish the tome, and to need to grind more exp just to get the last few tiers isn't fun at all.

Comments

  • I really wish they somehow fix how many fragments the challenges give you...

  • @Milo said:

    I really wish they somehow fix how many fragments the challenges give you...

    Me too. Some of the really difficult and/or time consuming challenges only give 3 fragments but then a challenge like "Succeed at 5 Skill Checks In A Row" gives 5. It doesn't seem to make sense.

  • 10 rift fragments for 1 tier is kinda much, especially when you get 1 rift fragment for 800 xp, i mean you have to play 20ish games for one tier without any challanges, this is insane.

  • @BeHasU said:

    10 rift fragments for 1 tier is kinda much, especially when you get 1 rift fragment for 800 xp, i mean you have to play 20ish games for one tier without any challanges, this is insane.

    It really is too much. It hurts even more when the games are so short you don't get full exp.

  • I think it's to encourage people to buy tiers unfortunately. Where did they say that completing the Tome would be enough to finish the Rift? It's not that I don't agree, but I just want to know where that came from.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I think it's to encourage people to buy tiers unfortunately. Where did they say that completing the Tome would be enough to finish the Rift? It's not that I don't agree, but I just want to know where that came from.

    They said playing an hour a day would be enough to finish the rift, jokes on them...

  • @BeHasU said:

    10 rift fragments for 1 tier is kinda much, especially when you get 1 rift fragment for 800 xp, i mean you have to play 20ish games for one tier without any challanges, this is insane.

    Although I do think they need to fix challenges, it's more 10-15. Matches, which still isn't great, but just want everyone to be informed.


  • I completed it in tome 2 xD

  • "When the rift first came out we were told completing the tomes would be enough to finish the rift." This was never said. You can do basic math to see that the Rift Fragments are nowhere near enough to complete the full Rift.

    Regarding the Grind, not everyone has to finish the Rift. Like, even when not reaching Tier 70, there is quite a lot of Stuff to get for the 1000 Auric Cells (including most of the Auric Cells back).

    And well, Rift Extension... Lets say the Devs give a extension of 5 days now. Then, after 4 days the next guy will show up and wants an extension... Makes no sense at all.

  • @Cheers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185109#Comment_1185109

    Although I do think they need to fix challenges, it's more 10-15. Matches, which still isn't great, but just want everyone to be informed.

    You need 8k xp for one tier, in this meta, games don't last more than 10 min to get the maximum amount of xp (610 i think?), so it will take an enormous amount of time, including queue times.

  • It would be cool. But I wanna see the rift of tome 3 :D

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "When the rift first came out we were told completing the tomes would be enough to finish the rift." This was never said. You can do basic math to see that the Rift Fragments are nowhere near enough to complete the full Rift.

    Regarding the Grind, not everyone has to finish the Rift. Like, even when not reaching Tier 70, there is quite a lot of Stuff to get for the 1000 Auric Cells (including most of the Auric Cells back).

    And well, Rift Extension... Lets say the Devs give a extension of 5 days now. Then, after 4 days the next guy will show up and wants an extension... Makes no sense at all.

    I think part of the reason to not extend it is because they don't want people to be able to repeatedly pay for the next rift with the same cells. I think they should extend the time complete it all the way until the next rift starts. With the caveat that the cells are only available for the first 70 days. That would give the people who are trying to grind for cosmetics a little more time. I'd even argue more people would probably feel they got their monies worth that way.

  • I played for nearly 4 hours yesterday, and I completed ONE challenge: Safely save 12 people from hooks. Matchmaking on PS4 has been very poor lately, and I kept getting matched with low rank, incredibly campy and tunneling killers that actively prevented me from getting more than one save per match. The number of rift fragments for completing a challenge that took me 4 hours?

    3. 3 rift fragments.

    I'm barely scraping level 25 in the rift even though I'm nearly at the end of tome 3. And while I did skip some challenges (that I don't have the DLC to do) it feels like it is way too difficult to progress through the rift.

  • @BeHasU said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185127#Comment_1185127

    They said playing an hour a day would be enough to finish the rift, jokes on them...

    An hour?! Is that including queue and loading times?

    @YokaiPhaseshift said:

    I played for nearly 4 hours yesterday, and I completed ONE challenge: Safely save 12 people from hooks. Matchmaking on PS4 has been very poor lately, and I kept getting matched with low rank, incredibly campy and tunneling killers that actively prevented me from getting more than one save per match. The number of rift fragments for completing a challenge that took me 4 hours?

    3. 3 rift fragments.

    I'm barely scraping level 25 in the rift even though I'm nearly at the end of tome 3. And while I did skip some challenges (that I don't have the DLC to do) it feels like it is way too difficult to progress through the rift.

    I feel you there. I would have to throw games just to get these challenges done and it sucked. Did you have BT for that challenge? Makes it a whole lot easier as it guarantees a safe unhook. I'm almost done with the entire Tome and I'm only at 48.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "When the rift first came out we were told completing the tomes would be enough to finish the rift." This was never said. You can do basic math to see that the Rift Fragments are nowhere near enough to complete the full Rift.

    Regarding the Grind, not everyone has to finish the Rift. Like, even when not reaching Tier 70, there is quite a lot of Stuff to get for the 1000 Auric Cells (including most of the Auric Cells back).

    And well, Rift Extension... Lets say the Devs give a extension of 5 days now. Then, after 4 days the next guy will show up and wants an extension... Makes no sense at all.

    It seems like they said it during a live stream when it first came out. Even if that isn't exactly what they said, they definitely implied that casual play would be more than enough to complete the rift, and it isn't.

    Regardless, the idea that the Rift should be available until the next Rift releases makes more sense. I've only played one other game with a "battle pass" system and that's how it worked.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185144#Comment_1185144

    It seems like they said it during a live stream when it first came out. Even if that isn't exactly what they said, they definitely implied that casual play would be more than enough to complete the rift, and it isn't.

    Regardless, the idea that the Rift should be available until the next Rift releases makes more sense. I've only played one other game with a "battle pass" system and that's how it worked.

    They said that with 1 hour per day and the completion of the Challenges, you should be able to get to Tier 70. This is not really possible.

    I am fine with the Rift System how it is currently.

  • I made it to rank 70 but there were alot of days i played 5 or more hours. I think some of the challenges should've rewarded more for what the challenges were asking.

  • Estaría bien que den el doble de fragmentos por partida en los últimos días de grieta, para los jugadores que no tienen tiempo de completarla y los que les falta poco y ya terminaron el tomo.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "When the rift first came out we were told completing the tomes would be enough to finish the rift." This was never said. You can do basic math to see that the Rift Fragments are nowhere near enough to complete the full Rift.

    Regarding the Grind, not everyone has to finish the Rift. Like, even when not reaching Tier 70, there is quite a lot of Stuff to get for the 1000 Auric Cells (including most of the Auric Cells back).

    And well, Rift Extension... Lets say the Devs give a extension of 5 days now. Then, after 4 days the next guy will show up and wants an extension... Makes no sense at all.

    They actually said this, in the status update that announced the tome 1 level 3 changes:

    When we originally planned the Tome and Rift, we had designed it in such a way that you would earn enough fragments from Player XP to finish The Rift by the time you complete all the challenges.

    For the second tome, you had to earn slightly less than 3 shards per challenge through gameplay to finish the rift with the last challenge (assuming you got the 600 XP first game daily bonus every day). I reached tier 70 last Wednesday when I had finished the second last challenge, but I played normally (mostly, the "10 protection hits" drove me crazy in the end) and did not "optimize" my gameplay to finish challenges super fast.

  • Hope not, as that would delay the start of the next rift. I just bought the last 15 I needed this morning. Give me rift #3!!

    Plus, I want the tier 70 reward to be harder to get, so there's less of them out there. Yes, I'm still salty about losing my Dweard and want to get as many rare cosmetics as I possibly can. :)

  • @Eradik said:

    Hope not, as that would delay the start of the next rift. I just bought the last 15 I needed this morning. Give me rift #3!!

    Plus, I want the tier 70 reward to be harder to get, so there's less of them out there. Yes, I'm still salty about losing my Dweard and want to get as many rare cosmetics as I possibly can. :)

    I can't think of a reason it would delay the release of the next rift. There's a sizable gap between one rift closing and the next one opening.

  • @Eradik said:

    Hope not, as that would delay the start of the next rift. I just bought the last 15 I needed this morning. Give me rift #3!!

    Plus, I want the tier 70 reward to be harder to get, so there's less of them out there. Yes, I'm still salty about losing my Dweard and want to get as many rare cosmetics as I possibly can. :)

    Okay I’m sorry but these past 2 days I’ve spent ~25 days grinding in self-isolation to finish off this rift. I did every challenge, played as much as possible, got my 600xp every day for playing both sides, endured ######### matchmaking and queue times for both sides, sat through so many swf groups, all so I could get demon slayer Feng and debate if it’s worth getting the pass to get the David skin (I did, and got fully refunded, yay). I don’t want this to be harder, I need it to be easier. I don’t have the time, energy, or enthusiasm to do this all again, and if the next one is anything like this I’m going to suffer from burnout so quickly.

    Having them be tier 70 is rare enough, we don’t need to therefore make that even more difficult because people won’t be able to play for the required amount of time. Think of all the workers currently fighting to keep the population fed, fit, and healthy. They won’t get anywhere near the required time. Hell, I wouldn’t if it wasn’t for school being cancelled.

    Plus, you just said you needed to puchase 15 tiers. That’s 1500 auric cells. That’s more than what you paid for the pass itself and that’s a net loss of 500 auric cells, or about £5 (around $6.20). Why would you want it to be more difficult, more expensive? It’s rediculous.

    Don’t make it harder, are you insane?

  • My iPad hates me and won’t let me edit the above comment, so may I clarify I spent ~25 hours, not ~25 days, grinding this.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185229#Comment_1185229

    Okay I’m sorry but these past 2 days I’ve spent ~25 days grinding in self-isolation to finish off this rift. I did every challenge, played as much as possible, got my 600xp every day for playing both sides, endured ######### matchmaking and queue times for both sides, sat through so many swf groups, all so I could get demon slayer Feng and debate if it’s worth getting the pass to get the David skin (I did, and got fully refunded, yay). I don’t want this to be harder, I need it to be easier. I don’t have the time, energy, or enthusiasm to do this all again, and if the next one is anything like this I’m going to suffer from burnout so quickly.

    Having them be tier 70 is rare enough, we don’t need to therefore make that even more difficult because people won’t be able to play for the required amount of time. Think of all the workers currently fighting to keep the population fed, fit, and healthy. They won’t get anywhere near the required time. Hell, I wouldn’t if it wasn’t for school being cancelled.

    Plus, you just said you needed to puchase 15 tiers. That’s 1500 auric cells. That’s more than what you paid for the pass itself and that’s a net loss of 500 auric cells, or about £5 (around $6.20). Why would you want it to be more difficult, more expensive? It’s rediculous.

    Don’t make it harder, are you insane?

    I agree if the next tome is even harder than this or even more time consuming im just not going to even buy it, this rift has just drained every inch of fun out of a game that was already starting to become unfun

  • I really don't understand how I was able to finish the last rift just by doing all the challegens and I even still had some left. Here I am almost done with the challenges missing just the get 10k emblems kind of challenges and I still have one full page left ....

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185229#Comment_1185229

    You contradict yourself with it being "harder to get" considering you admit to buying the last 15 tiers because you yourself couldn't obtain it without purchasing the tiers.

    In other words, you're basically saying you want the rift to be more expensive and even more obnoxious to complete than it already is. Like... just why?

    Correct. I did buy it, because I was kind of busy this month and didn't get to finish all of the challenges. I like having rare cosmetics, and if that means buying it, I will buy it. The longer the rift is out, the more chance people have to get it.


    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185229#Comment_1185229

    Okay I’m sorry but these past 2 days I’ve spent ~25 days grinding in self-isolation to finish off this rift. I did every challenge, played as much as possible, got my 600xp every day for playing both sides, endured ######### matchmaking and queue times for both sides, sat through so many swf groups, all so I could get demon slayer Feng and debate if it’s worth getting the pass to get the David skin (I did, and got fully refunded, yay). I don’t want this to be harder, I need it to be easier. I don’t have the time, energy, or enthusiasm to do this all again, and if the next one is anything like this I’m going to suffer from burnout so quickly.

    Having them be tier 70 is rare enough, we don’t need to therefore make that even more difficult because people won’t be able to play for the required amount of time. Think of all the workers currently fighting to keep the population fed, fit, and healthy. They won’t get anywhere near the required time. Hell, I wouldn’t if it wasn’t for school being cancelled.

    Plus, you just said you needed to puchase 15 tiers. That’s 1500 auric cells. That’s more than what you paid for the pass itself and that’s a net loss of 500 auric cells, or about £5 (around $6.20). Why would you want it to be more difficult, more expensive? It’s rediculous.

    Don’t make it harder, are you insane?

    See, I do agree. The challenges are boring as ######### and cause burnout. I hate them for the most part. I hope we see more variety and more fun ones, rather than "30 hooks" or "12 rescues." I hate those types, and there are plenty of ones that would make it fun and engaging. Or at least, break it up a little bit. I also think they should bump the rewards a smidge.

    I fully understand that some people don't have the time. I work 40+ hours a week, which is why I did end up buying some. I wanted the L70 cosmetic, I knew the rift was ending, so I paid for it. I get there are heroes out there working right now and they are run to their limits and they are tired and can't play. I am so thankful for them, but they too have the option to buy it if they want the cosmetics.

  • R.I.P. casual play 2016-2016

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    When the rift first came out we were told completing the tomes would be enough to finish the rift. I've finished the 2nd tome and I still have 3 rift tiers to go and probably won't have enough time to finish them.

    Some of those challenges are really grindy too so I've put in a lot of games just to finish the tome, and to need to grind more exp just to get the last few tiers isn't fun at all.

    If I'm a dev then what I'm hearing from you is that we didn't make the challenges "grindy" enough. Are you sure that you want to proceed with that argument?

  • @Eradik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185287#Comment_1185287

    Correct. I did buy it, because I was kind of busy this month and didn't get to finish all of the challenges. I like having rare cosmetics, and if that means buying it, I will buy it. The longer the rift is out, the more chance people have to get it.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185309#Comment_1185309

    See, I do agree. The challenges are boring as ######### and cause burnout. I hate them for the most part. I hope we see more variety and more fun ones, rather than "30 hooks" or "12 rescues." I hate those types, and there are plenty of ones that would make it fun and engaging. Or at least, break it up a little bit. I also think they should bump the rewards a smidge.

    I fully understand that some people don't have the time. I work 40+ hours a week, which is why I did end up buying some. I wanted the L70 cosmetic, I knew the rift was ending, so I paid for it. I get there are heroes out there working right now and they are run to their limits and they are tired and can't play. I am so thankful for them, but they too have the option to buy it if they want the cosmetics.

    So you want people fighting tooth and nail to fight off a pandemic to buy tiers in a rift, each of which costing 100 cells, and spend more of their money on something they should be able to grind for free? Making the rift even more of a cash grab, infuriating the community more.

    Plus, these skins aren’t rare. They’ll be put onto the store in ~6 months. The only exclusive, rare thing about the rift are the charms, and they’re not worth that much anyway (personally my favourite are the Primus coins... that you get frm completing the challenges, not even from the rift).

  • How often do you play? Because I got to tier 70 before level 4 even came out.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    They never said tomes alone will finish it.

    I got 70 in the first month and a half, easily, and I play a lot of games. It was over achievable this time around. You simply didnt play a lot or didn't get decent timed matches for xp

    Maybe they have a life.

  • I'd like an extension for purely selfish reasons. I had planned on grinding it out the last couple weeks but with all the coronavirus stuff happening I've been working mandatory overtime (yay for being an "essential" employee) and haven't had the time nor energy to make progress on the rift.

  • These types of systems are not designed to be completed by every player.

    The rift itself is a business model and as such by design it’s there to make BHVR money. If everyone could easily complete the rift then they would be giving it away free and would only make money off of new players investing in it.

    Its why the value of the rift itself for what you can get is lower than buying all the skins off the store. If you got 4 or 5 good pieces you in essence have your money’s worth. What it does is entice you to play more to earn more and why the challenges only give you half of the overall completion. It’s also so the majority have earned some cells so are more likely to buy the next one as it’s lower in price.

    This is why I avoid all forms of battlepasses as they aren’t designed to just give you something but instead to keep you spending money over prolonged periods. Also remember it’s just cosmetics and don’t add anything to the gameplay itself so an optional extra.

  • How? How are you people having issues?

    You say you COMPLETED the new tome? I still have a dozen odd challenges to do and I hit rift 70 last night.


    The entire point of a battlepass is to get tou to run out of time and pay for levels.

    However, there is plenty of time to grind it out if you wanted to. I did, and DBD is far from my most played game.


    We dont need an extension, and wont get one. Because being out of time and not having played enough yet is what they plan on. Again, it's a BATTLEPASS.

  • @NovaliumTS said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185309#Comment_1185309

    I agree if the next tome is even harder than this or even more time consuming im just not going to even buy it, this rift has just drained every inch of fun out of a game that was already starting to become unfun

    Yeah, because the rift is a ######### battlepass.

    The archives are a great idea. Tying them directly into battlepass tiers was a stupid ######### idea.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185404#Comment_1185404

    So you want people fighting tooth and nail to fight off a pandemic to buy tiers in a rift, each of which costing 100 cells, and spend more of their money on something they should be able to grind for free? Making the rift even more of a cash grab, infuriating the community more.

    Plus, these skins aren’t rare. They’ll be put onto the store in ~6 months. The only exclusive, rare thing about the rift are the charms, and they’re not worth that much anyway (personally my favourite are the Primus coins... that you get frm completing the challenges, not even from the rift).

    Why should everyone get it easily? I mean, I get people have to work. But people had to work before. We're a capitalistic country--they shouldn't get anything for free--including game cosmetics--because of a ######### situation going on in the world. They can figure it out like everyone else, and like everyone did before the pandemic on Rift #1.

    If you have to pay for it, it's less likely to be out there. Yes, I want it hard and I hope people won't buy it. I'm willing to.

    And I'm talking about the charms. I know the cosmetics will go on the store. I don't think they're going to sell the charms. I value the L70 Lantern and vial enough to make sure I got them. I'm hoping they end up being very rare.

  • @Eradik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185938#Comment_1185938

    Why should everyone get it easily? I mean, I get people have to work. But people had to work before. We're a capitalistic country--they shouldn't get anything for free--including game cosmetics--because of a ######### situation going on in the world. They can figure it out like everyone else, and like everyone did before the pandemic on Rift #1.

    If you have to pay for it, it's less likely to be out there. Yes, I want it hard and I hope people won't buy it. I'm willing to.

    And I'm talking about the charms. I know the cosmetics will go on the store. I don't think they're going to sell the charms. I value the L70 Lantern and vial enough to make sure I got them. I'm hoping they end up being very rare.

    So you're saying that the people currently working hard in one aspect of their life to ensure the world doesn't fall to ######### should just work it out like the people stuck at home not fighting to make sure the world doesn't fall to #########? Okay got it, maybe their plans were to grind it out and were then interrupted by a GLOBAL ######### PANDEMIC but okay work it out lol.

    I don't think everyone should get it easily. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I shouldn't have to sink literally over a day into the grind to make it a couple of tiers. I'm saying the challenges should be more rewarding because they didn't give anywhere near as much progress as last time, even if they're therefore (very slightly) harder to complete. I don't mean grindier, I mean harder.

    The rift and the archives were introduced as a way to collect lore and cosmetics just through playing the game, and the cosmetics you collect will be available to all at a later date. If you're willing to commit to it but can't because of, again, a GLOBAL PANDEMIC causing life to go to ######### for countries you shouldn't be punished this harshly; I wish bhvr had an appeal Web page where you could submit a valid medical ID and receive compensation on the rift or something.

    We should be giving back to the people saving lives. For once, have some compassion, and don't be such a prick.

  • @YokaiPhaseshift said:

    I played for nearly 4 hours yesterday, and I completed ONE challenge: Safely save 12 people from hooks. Matchmaking on PS4 has been very poor lately, and I kept getting matched with low rank, incredibly campy and tunneling killers that actively prevented me from getting more than one save per match. The number of rift fragments for completing a challenge that took me 4 hours?

    3. 3 rift fragments.

    I'm barely scraping level 25 in the rift even though I'm nearly at the end of tome 3. And while I did skip some challenges (that I don't have the DLC to do) it feels like it is way too difficult to progress through the rift.

    Play killer. Reap rewards... you seem like you likely never play killer and keep forgetting that you’re only playing half the game. Especially with the way you talk about killers.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186281#Comment_1186281

    So you're saying that the people currently working hard in one aspect of their life to ensure the world doesn't fall to ######### should just work it out like the people stuck at home not fighting to make sure the world doesn't fall to #########? Okay got it, maybe their plans were to grind it out and were then interrupted by a GLOBAL ######### PANDEMIC but okay work it out lol.

    I don't think everyone should get it easily. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I shouldn't have to sink literally over a day into the grind to make it a couple of tiers. I'm saying the challenges should be more rewarding because they didn't give anywhere near as much progress as last time, even if they're therefore (very slightly) harder to complete. I don't mean grindier, I mean harder.

    The rift and the archives were introduced as a way to collect lore and cosmetics just through playing the game, and the cosmetics you collect will be available to all at a later date. If you're willing to commit to it but can't because of, again, a GLOBAL PANDEMIC causing life to go to ######### for countries you shouldn't be punished this harshly; I wish bhvr had an appeal Web page where you could submit a valid medical ID and receive compensation on the rift or something.

    We should be giving back to the people saving lives. For once, have some compassion, and don't be such a prick.

    But where do we draw the line? By giving it to everyone, it devalues the time of the people that did it legit. I get it sucks, I really do. But they ARE working OT... which means more money... so they could easily buy it if they REALLY wanted it. But I don't feel that nurses and doctors and the like are playing too many video games (even before the pandemic) and I even more so doubt they care about rift cosmetics if they do.

    And if you got laid off, I feel for you. It sucks. But unemployment insurance will cover you and you now have plenty of time to complete it in the normal timeframe.

    You mention the lore, but the lore never goes away! You can always go back to the previous rifts and unlock the lore and videos. And cosmetics come to the store in 6 months. I really fail to see why this is a big deal.

    Don't extend it, let those of us who did it get our stupid L70 charm and be done with it. You can barely see them anyway.

  • There should be a way to activate multiple challenges like in fortnite and apex.

  • @katoptris said:

    There should be a way to activate multiple challenges like in fortnite and apex.

    I do agree with this. Pick 2 or 3 and you can work on them in a single match.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "When the rift first came out we were told completing the tomes would be enough to finish the rift." This was never said. You can do basic math to see that the Rift Fragments are nowhere near enough to complete the full Rift.

    Regarding the Grind, not everyone has to finish the Rift. Like, even when not reaching Tier 70, there is quite a lot of Stuff to get for the 1000 Auric Cells (including most of the Auric Cells back).

    And well, Rift Extension... Lets say the Devs give a extension of 5 days now. Then, after 4 days the next guy will show up and wants an extension... Makes no sense at all.

    It was actually mentioned originally that your would complete the Rift by the time you finished the Tome, although this was based on the original Tome. At first, the Tome would have taken much longer to complete, meaning that you would have many more matches played and many more fragments - and tiers by extension - as a result. After receiving feedback on the Tome, we decided to make the challenges easier, although we mentioned that it would mean that you would need to continue playing matches after finish the Tome to finish off the Rift.

    This is the post where it changed, for reference: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108232

    When we originally planned the Tome and Rift, we had designed it in such a way that you would earn enough fragments from Player XP to finish The Rift by the time you complete all the challenges. Since the challenges can now be completed in fewer matches, you may need to play additional matches after completing the Tome in order to reach Tier 70 in The Rift. 

  • @BeHasU said:

    10 rift fragments for 1 tier is kinda much, especially when you get 1 rift fragment for 800 xp, i mean you have to play 20ish games for one tier without any challanges, this is insane.

    Plus a rift could probably be just 50 tiers if they got rid of all those useless charms

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186281#Comment_1186281

    So you're saying that the people currently working hard in one aspect of their life to ensure the world doesn't fall to ######### should just work it out like the people stuck at home not fighting to make sure the world doesn't fall to #########? Okay got it, maybe their plans were to grind it out and were then interrupted by a GLOBAL ######### PANDEMIC but okay work it out lol.

    I don't think everyone should get it easily. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying I shouldn't have to sink literally over a day into the grind to make it a couple of tiers. I'm saying the challenges should be more rewarding because they didn't give anywhere near as much progress as last time, even if they're therefore (very slightly) harder to complete. I don't mean grindier, I mean harder.

    The rift and the archives were introduced as a way to collect lore and cosmetics just through playing the game, and the cosmetics you collect will be available to all at a later date. If you're willing to commit to it but can't because of, again, a GLOBAL PANDEMIC causing life to go to ######### for countries you shouldn't be punished this harshly; I wish bhvr had an appeal Web page where you could submit a valid medical ID and receive compensation on the rift or something.

    We should be giving back to the people saving lives. For once, have some compassion, and don't be such a prick.

    The archives were added for lore.

    The rift was added as a battlepass.

    They then, in their infinite wisdom, linked the two.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185144#Comment_1185144

    It was actually mentioned originally that your would complete the Rift by the time you finished the Tome, although this was based on the original Tome. At first, the Tome would have taken much longer to complete, meaning that you would have many more matches played and many more fragments - and tiers by extension - as a result. After receiving feedback on the Tome, we decided to make the challenges easier, although we mentioned that it would mean that you would need to continue playing matches after finish the Tome to finish off the Rift.

    This is the post where it changed, for reference: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108232

    When we originally planned the Tome and Rift, we had designed it in such a way that you would earn enough fragments from Player XP to finish The Rift by the time you complete all the challenges. Since the challenges can now be completed in fewer matches, you may need to play additional matches after completing the Tome in order to reach Tier 70 in The Rift. 

    I feel the actual non challange grind should be sped up..it takes so long just to grind a couple levels without challanges and it just feels tedious

  • its ok guys ill play a couple times during this x1.5 bp so all u charmless people get to see my beautiful and exclusive charms ;D

    20200331_224840.jpg


  • @twistedmonkey said:

    These types of systems are not designed to be completed by every player.

    The rift itself is a business model and as such by design it’s there to make BHVR money. If everyone could easily complete the rift then they would be giving it away free and would only make money off of new players investing in it.

    Its why the value of the rift itself for what you can get is lower than buying all the skins off the store. If you got 4 or 5 good pieces you in essence have your money’s worth. What it does is entice you to play more to earn more and why the challenges only give you half of the overall completion. It’s also so the majority have earned some cells so are more likely to buy the next one as it’s lower in price.

    This is why I avoid all forms of battlepasses as they aren’t designed to just give you something but instead to keep you spending money over prolonged periods. Also remember it’s just cosmetics and don’t add anything to the gameplay itself so an optional extra.

    only rational post in the tread

  • Hey, wasn't there an issue that prevented a decent amount of people from playing yesterday or the day before? Why not extend the Rift by a day or two to help them out? It's not fair that they miss out on their tiers because the game decided to ######### up again.

  • Someone actually did the math on this:

    @Cancan71 said:

    As the rift closes tomorrow I'm trying to complete my last few challenges and I realized that I'll only reach tier 63 with all challenges done. So I decided to do some math on how long it would take to complete the rift. If you see anything wrong with my math feel free to correct me.

    There's 393 rift fragments which we get by completing challenges, so there's 307 fragments we need to obtain from gameplay.

    It's 800xp for every fragment, so 307 x 800 = 245,600xp total we need to get.

    Now it's important to note that for the first killer and survivor game of the day you get 300xp each, or 600xp total. For this calculation, we'll assume that you played both sides every day. So...

    600 x 70 (days the rift is open) = 42,000xp

    245,600 - 42,000 = 203,600xp

    Now we got that out of the way we now have the task of calculating how much do one gets in a match. Of course match time varies from game to game so for this calculation we'll be generous and assume that each match lasts for 10 minutes as that is the cut off point when you stop getting exp in a match (I'm not 100% sure on this point so if anyone can confirm this I'll be grateful).

    According to the DBD unofficial wiki, you get 1xp for every second in the match, so...

    1 x 600 (seconds in 10 minutes) = 600xp per match

    203,600 ÷ 600 = 339.333 matches

    As we earlier stated that a match is 10 minutes...

    339.333 x 10 = 3393.33 minutes or 56.55 hours

    So in conclusion, it takes around 57 hours of GAMEPLAY to complete the rift assuming you completed all the challenges.

    Of course there are a few things to consider:

    - I didn't include xp for emblems in the calculations.

    - This assumes that you play perfectly to maximize xp gains, which we all know won't happen in DBD.

    - This assumes you play every day to get the 600 bonus xp.

    - This is only game time. Time spent in matchmaking or in loading screens will add on to the above figure.

    With that I have provided a rough figure of how long it takes to complete the rift. How do you feel about this? Myself I wish they make it so that you would complete the rift around the same time you complete all the challenges but I didn't play DBD as much around the start of the rift so the blame probably lies with me. I would love to hear your opinions on this.


    FIFTY SEVEN additional hours of gameplay ON TOP of finishing the challenges.

    Utterly out of proportion. Honestly, it feels kind of like a scam this time.


    @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185144#Comment_1185144

    It was actually mentioned originally that your would complete the Rift by the time you finished the Tome, although this was based on the original Tome. At first, the Tome would have taken much longer to complete, meaning that you would have many more matches played and many more fragments - and tiers by extension - as a result. After receiving feedback on the Tome, we decided to make the challenges easier, although we mentioned that it would mean that you would need to continue playing matches after finish the Tome to finish off the Rift.

    This is the post where it changed, for reference: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108232

    When we originally planned the Tome and Rift, we had designed it in such a way that you would earn enough fragments from Player XP to finish The Rift by the time you complete all the challenges. Since the challenges can now be completed in fewer matches, you may need to play additional matches after completing the Tome in order to reach Tier 70 in The Rift. 


    "Since the challenges can now be completed in fewer matches, you may need to play additional matches after completing the Tome in order to reach Tier 70 in The Rift. "

    You MAY NEED is a false statement. You're the devs of this game, I'm sure you've done your math, you KNEW you would ABSOLUTELY need to play additional matches to complete The Rift. If you didn't know, your quality and consumer satisfaction control is horrific. You could of course just admit to wanting to pressure people into buying those sweet auric cells, if that's the case.


    Whatever the reason, the grind is just not okay at this point.

  • NO, I want the new rift already

‹ 1 2