Killers Dont Need A Buff

I've been playing this game for almost 2 years, on PC and PS4, and never experienced playing against a killer who I felt was an easy win, not have I played with a killer in which I felt they were too weak.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    Honestly I'm not whining, I like to ask people why they think Killer buffs or why survivors need nerfs or whatever is a hot topic because it shows how much they know when they talk about a buff idea that's absurd or stupid

    So you made this topic to point out that if anyone says a survivor needs a nerf or a killer needs a buff that they're stupid or absurd? Heck I'm reading that statement as any buff idea is absurd or stupid in your eyes. People are allowed to express they're opinions as you are but I find this absurd and petty.

  • @1MillionPalletsToGo said:

    what even is this nonsense? you know what..im not even gonna take it there with how bull this topic is...

    how about survivors just get nerfed hard; fair?

    No? They don't deserve it, if they get nerfed any harder then it would be impossible to ever escape, Killers are fine as of now in my opinion, with some tweaks and maps work things would be even for both sides

  • @Xx_Daniel_xX69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183984#Comment_1183984

    So you made this topic to point out that if anyone says a survivor needs a nerf or a killer needs a buff that they're stupid or absurd? Heck I'm reading that statement as any buff idea is absurd or stupid in your eyes. People are allowed to express they're opinions as you are but I find this absurd and petty.

    Hey I'm fine talking about what people think would balance they game, in their opinion, but so far nobody has suggested anything, they say killers need a buff and when I say I think they are wrong they try to prove a point and not suggest a way to buff them, if you take it as petty and absurd then go ahead my guy, I'm not saying anybody is stupid for having an opinion that is valid, but telling me that a killer should get 3k or 4k every game is absurd and stupid, and saying a killer should 4k with only their 3 teachable is stupid and absurd. But you make a point, I probably could've worded that better, that's my fault

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183995#Comment_1183995

    Hey I'm fine talking about what people think would balance they game, in their opinion, but so far nobody has suggested anything, they say killers need a buff and when I say I think they are wrong they try to prove a point and not suggest a way to buff them, if you take it as petty and absurd then go ahead my guy, I'm not saying anybody is stupid for having an opinion that is valid, but telling me that a killer should get 3k or 4k every game is absurd and stupid, and saying a killer should 4k with only their 3 teachable is stupid and absurd. But you make a point, I probably could've worded that better, that's my fault

    And that was my only reason for stating it like that. I have read posts about buffs that I thought were pretty nice, not too OP but a nice QOL change so your comment irritated me a bit. Now where did this teachable part come in? Because based off of that then nobody would be able to get the adept achievments for the killers as you need a merceless killer.

  • @Xx_Daniel_xX69 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184002#Comment_1184002

    And that was my only reason for stating it like that. I have read posts about buffs that I thought were pretty nice, not too OP but a nice QOL change so your comment irritated me a bit. Now where did this teachable part come in? Because based off of that then nobody would be able to get the adept achievments for the killers as you need a merceless killer.

    Look for Booper-Snout's post or something like that on this thread

  • Pig is really bad now due to end game collapse, so they should give her a rework.

    Also with legion, It would be nice if he had some more add-ons for his crappy power.

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183305#Comment_1183305

    And how many times do you see 4 survivors hit all skill checks, evade the killer, and take no hits? Cause I've never seen that, unless you face a 4 stack SWF it's almost impossible to have 4 escape without the killer playing like a bot or missing every hit

    Unless your a meta kiler the survivors can loop you for 3 gens easy. 3/5s of their objective is completed before the killer gets 1/12. If they got headsets you can chase someone else, 1 perosn is on a gen, 1 makes the save+heal then they both duo a gen. Match ends in 4 mins. If the survivors know what they are doing and are coordinated the killer is at a severe disadvantage.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183830#Comment_1183830

    Unless your a meta kiler the survivors can loop you for 3 gens easy. 3/5s of their objective is completed before the killer gets 1/12. If they got headsets you can chase someone else, 1 perosn is on a gen, 1 makes the save+heal then they both duo a gen. Match ends in 4 mins. If the survivors know what they are doing and are coordinated the killer is at a severe disadvantage.

    So you're legit saying what I am already saying, if they are in a 4 stack and playing together then it's difficult, but what do you think would help fix it?

  • @OktobmerButOktobmier said:

    Pig is really bad now due to end game collapse, so they should give her a rework.

    Also with legion, It would be nice if he had some more add-ons for his crappy power.

    It would be pretty cool to see a pig rework or slight change to her power, I didn't mind the whole " if you have a helmet on you can't leave without dying" but i support a Legion change or better addons

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183213#Comment_1183213

    No problem, om Killer I've gotten to rank 10, and survivor I got to rank 8, most of the time I quit playing killer at that rank because I get bored, a few days ago I started playing Killer again and got a couple 4Ks in a row, but that was at rank 20-17, the weird part is sometimes I end up against purple and red ranks for some reason? Maybe it's a bug in matchmaking?

    Thank you, i understand your opinion now. Because you are playing in green and purple (survivor solo queue not swf?) you feel that the game is pretty balanced.

    You also mentioned that you played killer in brown ranks recently. You got a couple of 4ks and worked your way up a bit.

    The reason many people, especially red rank players, are disagreeing with you is that the game is red ranks is basically the inverted version of brown ranks. Survivors dominate killers very often and only a few killers are able to vs an experienced swf team.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182087#Comment_1182087

    Work your way up to rank 1 as a killer without using what you feel is your top 5 killers. Then come back and let us all know how balanced killers are.

    im a rank 5 survivor I play against red rank killers all the time. I play solo though and I don’t see myself making it out 75% of the time. I think the high mobility killers like billy and spirit... even legion if he’s built right are just too much. I firmly believe this game killers do not need one hit downs handed to them like this game does. They should have to work harder for it. Billy can rev his chainsaw up too fast and recover really quickly. It’s just way harder to play on some of these smaller maps. Gens need to be spread out more and cover needs to be better. Paper thin walls, vaults inside of walls that are like 2 feet wide in either direction. Crappy hit detection as I’m getting blasted by the killer after I’ve Vaulted and taken a few steps already the killer has impeccable melee range. It’s like they can lunge through the vaults. Not everyone is a pro looper and for that everyone suffers? Nah, that’s just not fun imo. Some killers seem more balanced than others. Idk if it’s necessary for killers like ghost face to be sprinting and pummeling survivors at the same time. Or legion. Every time I SEE legion he’s going so fast he’s sprinting past me. I just don’t think killer speed needs to be that fast. You got huntress running around with 3 one shot iridescent when paired with infantry belt. You got billy flying across the map over and over. Spirit too. And you got newbies in here crying about survivors having so many chances? Okay can they make it so killers have a harder time finding people then or go down to nonsense?

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183825#Comment_1183825

    Thank you, i understand your opinion now. Because you are playing in green and purple (survivor solo queue not swf?) you feel that the game is pretty balanced.

    You also mentioned that you played killer in brown ranks recently. You got a couple of 4ks and worked your way up a bit.

    The reason many people, especially red rank players, are disagreeing with you is that the game is red ranks is basically the inverted version of brown ranks. Survivors dominate killers very often and only a few killers are able to vs an experienced swf team.

    This... is a lie. Unless by now it’s all teams of communicating 4 that’s the only way I see this happening. Solo it’s like 4 games out of 5 you’re dead. Lucky if you get hatch because I swear every killer has these locations memorized and Seems like they hook the last guy right next to it somehow every single time 😡

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183594#Comment_1183594

    Its piss easy? What? My guy I've had games where I do 2 gens and heal 2 teammates and I never see the killer and dont pip, I've had games where the killer is on me the entire game and dont pip, playing survivor requires you to save teammates, do gens and run the killer around and even then if you go down once you get a max of 1 pip

    It does require you to do something in at least 2 categories. If you get camped or genrush you probably won't pip. Other then that it's up to you.

    I'm constantly running nonsensical builds with MoM or whatever challange requires me to and I'm somehow staying at red ranks. I think I'm at rank 2 and I'm pretty terrible at mindgames and in general I don't run exhaustion perks.

    I think you're either not as god-like as you think you are or you're just focusing on these rare games when you get destroyed by the killer as survivor and completely ignore games when you lose playing as killer.

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182079#Comment_1182079

    How so? I cant think of a killer, that if played correctly, that needs a buff

    Wraith, in my opinion, is very weak without add-ons, that's one example. 🙂

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183591#Comment_1183591

    You also didnt read, you said by the time you cross the map to down a survivor 3 gens are done, personally never had that happen on survivor or killer. I suggested if you are having that issue you should get a survivor closer to you and if take you 3 minutes to get 1 survivor on his 1st hook you need to play Killer and get better

    3 minutes?! What!? What kind of game are you playing where survivor take 3 minutes to finish a gen?! Can I get your lobbies?

    Generator takes 80 seconds to finish without skillcheck or any other boosters. Most of the time survivor spawn within 12 m radius from the gen so they just run up to it and hold m1 so from the start to gens popping it should be around 90 seconds. Crossing the map can take up to 20-30 seconds depending on layout then usual chase starts.

    I don't know if you are getting survivors that don't know how to loop or just wait at the pallet for an easy hits but I usually get survivor that loops pretty well and every time they get a bit of headstart by either bad mindgame or pallet drop or anything they go to other loop and essentially wasting even more time.

    Keep in mind that I'm talking about survivors that are at least semi-decent at the game and not potatoes that should stay at yellow ranks forever as they always get destroyed regardless of what killer is being used.

  • This game is so heavily survivor sided, you have to legitimately be delusional to see otherwise. It's not even an opinion. The devs even said it themselves. They balance the game for new survivors, people that get downed within 20 seconds of a killer finding them. Survivor perks cannot be countered by killers. There are enough pallets in each game to not even need to loop, you can run to a pallet, throw it early, then run to the next pallet and by the time 5 gens are done you will have pallets left over, this doesn't even take into account windows. A large portion of maps have an insane structure in the middle that is full of pallets / infinite windows. A good 50-60% of pallets in any map need to be broken, unless the survivor is stupid and just runs off without playing the tile.

    Ideally, survivors should be about 1/4 of a killer in strength at their best. We see good survivors able to hold off good killers long enough for their teammates to do all the gens. Individually, survivors are quite close to the power of a killer, they're closer to 1/2 - 3/4 the power of a killer. You even see this reflected in SWF groups where they just dominate the killer, no matter how good the killer is.

    If you are a survivor player and you cannot consistently run killers for 2-3 gens, that is actually a problem with you. You still need to develop more skill and knowledge of the game, the killer is not the power role in DBD, survivors are. There are two killers whose power levels are close to 4 times that of individual survivors, those two killers are spirit and billy. With the way the game is set up, a 4v1, you are not supposed to 1v1 the killer as a survivor, and the problem is that survivors are actually able to do this.

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182087#Comment_1182087

    I think Demogorgon needs a buff/rework, i feel like some killers need nerfs instead of buffs, Doc & Freddy for example are Ez mode when playing as Killer right now, from my experience.

    No freddy and Doctor are fine

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    I've been playing this game for almost 2 years, on PC and PS4, and never experienced playing against a killer who I felt was an easy win, not have I played with a killer in which I felt they were too weak.

    See the thing is that most killers do. They have had a lot of issues for a while now. You know why people didnt talk about it as much? Becauee ruin made other less mobile killers playable. Half the killers relied on ruin to at least get a start. It was a band aid must pick for every killer that wasnt nurse/spirit/billy. Killers who cant traverse the mao in under 15 seconds now have to play borderline perfect to get a 4k. They have to make all the right decisions, and they have to juggle 4 players every game. Killer is suppised to be the power role but a team of decent survivors bullies low tier killers like clown, legion, deathslinger, etc. A survivor makes a mistake? Oh well they sit on the hook for a bit while 2 people work on different gens and 1 goes for the save. The killer side has grown so difficult that we're seeing more noeds, more moris, and more camping. Killers have other ways to slow survs but they arent fun for survs so they either dont use them or they do and get a slew of toxic remarks thrown at them by the entitled surv mains

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182510#Comment_1182510

    So are you saying the game should be balanced for rank 1 but 2-20 should be on their own? Because you act like being around rank 5-10 means nothing, I've faced rank 5 killers and survivors and had no issues killing the survivors, but trying to survive is a little difficult

    No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is the difficulty should be tiered by rank. Keep in mind though, those 2 scenarios are very different. One is losing because of balance that is out of your control and the other is losing because the player simply isn't very good. With imbalance there's nothing the player can do about that, but that low rank survivor does have something they can do, get better at the game. That's why all other games balance from the top down.

    And for your second question, yes, rank 5-10 is almost nothing. Players in that rank are still quite bad, generally.

    Playing survivor at rank 1 right now is being the power role. Your team has to mess up many, many times to lose if they aren't going against one of the top tier killers. Not to mention it's almost impossible not to pip as survivor right now as well.

  • Sounds more like you might not be that great at playing survivor?

    If my team isn't completely destroyed by the Killer I almost always feel like things are easygoing and its my own fault if I get killed. Or I am being to altruistic.

    Ignore your teammates most of the time and you have a higher chance to survive. TEAMWORK!

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183830#Comment_1183830

    Unless your a meta kiler the survivors can loop you for 3 gens easy. 3/5s of their objective is completed before the killer gets 1/12. If they got headsets you can chase someone else, 1 perosn is on a gen, 1 makes the save+heal then they both duo a gen. Match ends in 4 mins. If the survivors know what they are doing and are coordinated the killer is at a severe disadvantage.

    It depends on what you define as a "meta killer", I can play almost any killer at high ranks without any problem and end chases in 40ish seconds, it depends on the map I am playing in and the survivors I got against, of course, but you are just making a massive generalization saying "meta killers".

    And again with the stupid argument of trying to make the objective as simple as some fractions, do you people ever take into account other factors like healing, unhooking, cleansing totems, and searching chests? Or the perks the killer may bring, making the gens go by slower? The only killers that really was time with their power are the ones that need to set up.

    Jesus, you people just repeat whatever the forum tells you like NPCs

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183201#Comment_1183201

    I feel you're comparing a good player to a 4 stack SWF, which is possible, but most times its duo and 2 solos, or 4 solos that dont play together and get down, it's usually 1 guy that does all if not most of the work, what il saying is that a good player would be able to stand up to a group of 4 randoms. To say no killer can 4k is a flat out lie

    Who said swf? Its not a lie, Otzdarva played against 4 good players and he couldn't kill no one and the first hook was at 2 gens (I'm sure that, no matter who plays against 4 good players, the killer will lose). So pls stop being a cry baby survivor

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184139#Comment_1184139

    This... is a lie. Unless by now it’s all teams of communicating 4 that’s the only way I see this happening. Solo it’s like 4 games out of 5 you’re dead. Lucky if you get hatch because I swear every killer has these locations memorized and Seems like they hook the last guy right next to it somehow every single time 😡

    Sure. I mean, if you aren't that good. And if you count a death as a loss.

    Honestly, if you can run a Killer for a bit and waste their time and it lets other teammates get out its a win in my book. Playing survivor is so easymode that I don't feel punished for doing anything and I barely have to try while the Killer needs to make sure not to make any mistakes or they aren't getting anything done. Survivors? Not so much.

    Hell. One of the most common mistakes made by survivors, missing skill checks, is only bad because you need to sit there longer to finish the Gen. It means nothing negative for the survivor that it "signals" the Killer. Survivors can actually use it to their advantage. It means even less if the Killer is in a chase.

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182090#Comment_1182090

    If I wanted I could, I've never had an issue playing killer, my problem is it gets boring playing for 3 hours getting 4k's every match, its stale for the killer after a couple matches honestly

    You aren't comprehending what I'm saying. Even if you've been rank 1 killer in the past the experience is different today. There is no substitute for the actual experience of working your way to rank 1 as a killer. The easy 4k's you enjoy at first won't last. You simply can not make the argument that killers are balanced until you've experienced what it is like at the higher end of the game as a killer. You can't even make that argument if you only play as a couple of killers. You have to experience it with a wide variety of killers to see the problem.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182090#Comment_1182090

    im a rank 5 survivor I play against red rank killers all the time. I play solo though and I don’t see myself making it out 75% of the time. I think the high mobility killers like billy and spirit... even legion if he’s built right are just too much. I firmly believe this game killers do not need one hit downs handed to them like this game does. They should have to work harder for it. Billy can rev his chainsaw up too fast and recover really quickly. It’s just way harder to play on some of these smaller maps. Gens need to be spread out more and cover needs to be better. Paper thin walls, vaults inside of walls that are like 2 feet wide in either direction. Crappy hit detection as I’m getting blasted by the killer after I’ve Vaulted and taken a few steps already the killer has impeccable melee range. It’s like they can lunge through the vaults. Not everyone is a pro looper and for that everyone suffers? Nah, that’s just not fun imo. Some killers seem more balanced than others. Idk if it’s necessary for killers like ghost face to be sprinting and pummeling survivors at the same time. Or legion. Every time I SEE legion he’s going so fast he’s sprinting past me. I just don’t think killer speed needs to be that fast. You got huntress running around with 3 one shot iridescent when paired with infantry belt. You got billy flying across the map over and over. Spirit too. And you got newbies in here crying about survivors having so many chances? Okay can they make it so killers have a harder time finding people then or go down to nonsense?

    Did you mean to reply to me? Because I feel like you didn't read what I wrote at all. I didn't ask anyone how their experience at rank 5 as a survivor is. I said get to rank 1 as killer without using your best 5 killers and tell me how balanced the game is. You simply can not gauge killer's balance from the survivor perspective. You are only getting a small view of the actual game.

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184083#Comment_1184083

    So you're legit saying what I am already saying, if they are in a 4 stack and playing together then it's difficult, but what do you think would help fix it?

    How would I fix it? I would make killers powerful enough to stand an even chance against a swf. Let the solos git gud like everyone else. BHVR, stop handing out participation trophies and let the new comers learn.

    @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184083#Comment_1184083

    It depends on what you define as a "meta killer", I can play almost any killer at high ranks without any problem and end chases in 40ish seconds, it depends on the map I am playing in and the survivors I got against, of course, but you are just making a massive generalization saying "meta killers".

    And again with the stupid argument of trying to make the objective as simple as some fractions, do you people ever take into account other factors like healing, unhooking, cleansing totems, and searching chests? Or the perks the killer may bring, making the gens go by slower? The only killers that really was time with their power are the ones that need to set up.

    Jesus, you people just repeat whatever the forum tells you like NPCs

    The problem with alternative objectives is the survivors can choose to ignore those. I've seen people waste zero time looking for totems unless they see DH. I've mostly seen competent survivors searching for chests when the gates are open. I've seen survivors repair gens injured just to get adren to pop. If the survivors decide to rush the gens, the gens get rushed. Except for pgtw not much else really slows down the gens. Ruin is garbage now, intervention only works in the beginning, surge is meh, thrilling tremors blocks gens "not" being worked on(sounds like it should have been the other way around) OC only works on newbs, lullaby is useless until you get 5 stacks and by then gens are either done or its cleansed.

    The survivors hold all the power provided they know how to use it. Which is not what this game should be.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183825#Comment_1183825

    Thank you, i understand your opinion now. Because you are playing in green and purple (survivor solo queue not swf?) you feel that the game is pretty balanced.

    You also mentioned that you played killer in brown ranks recently. You got a couple of 4ks and worked your way up a bit.

    The reason many people, especially red rank players, are disagreeing with you is that the game is red ranks is basically the inverted version of brown ranks. Survivors dominate killers very often and only a few killers are able to vs an experienced swf team.

    I feel I should mention, if I didn't, that because of matchmaking I have faced red and purple ranks lately at rank 17 and didn't have a single issue. and most of the time I play with one friend and that is it, or I play with a few friends who just started to help them out and teach them the game. I get people saying I don't have the right to complain since I haven't been at rank 1 every season, but I have faced red rank players before

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184139#Comment_1184139

    This... is a lie. Unless by now it’s all teams of communicating 4 that’s the only way I see this happening. Solo it’s like 4 games out of 5 you’re dead. Lucky if you get hatch because I swear every killer has these locations memorized and Seems like they hook the last guy right next to it somehow every single time 😡

    I feel that on a personal level, but I learned a bit from watching Noob3 and I play with another friend who is pretty good (but dosen't take the game seriously) and i goes alright

  • @theArashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183842#Comment_1183842

    It does require you to do something in at least 2 categories. If you get camped or genrush you probably won't pip. Other then that it's up to you.

    I'm constantly running nonsensical builds with MoM or whatever challange requires me to and I'm somehow staying at red ranks. I think I'm at rank 2 and I'm pretty terrible at mindgames and in general I don't run exhaustion perks.

    I think you're either not as god-like as you think you are or you're just focusing on these rare games when you get destroyed by the killer as survivor and completely ignore games when you lose playing as killer.

    What? My guy I safety pip with one kill as killer most times, as survivor I get screwed by teammates because I can't talk to them or they aren't that good. As killer I only need to worry about downs and getting kills, even as legion I still get easy games or 1 survivor escapes. So I am confused, are you saying I am bad because I don't get a gold in every category

  • @theArashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183836#Comment_1183836

    3 minutes?! What!? What kind of game are you playing where survivor take 3 minutes to finish a gen?! Can I get your lobbies?

    Generator takes 80 seconds to finish without skillcheck or any other boosters. Most of the time survivor spawn within 12 m radius from the gen so they just run up to it and hold m1 so from the start to gens popping it should be around 90 seconds. Crossing the map can take up to 20-30 seconds depending on layout then usual chase starts.

    I don't know if you are getting survivors that don't know how to loop or just wait at the pallet for an easy hits but I usually get survivor that loops pretty well and every time they get a bit of headstart by either bad mindgame or pallet drop or anything they go to other loop and essentially wasting even more time.

    Keep in mind that I'm talking about survivors that are at least semi-decent at the game and not potatoes that should stay at yellow ranks forever as they always get destroyed regardless of what killer is being used.

    I... I don't know how to respond to you when you ignore what I say and get whiney so I just won't respond to you anymore

  • @ZaKzan said:

    This game is so heavily survivor sided, you have to legitimately be delusional to see otherwise. It's not even an opinion. The devs even said it themselves. They balance the game for new survivors, people that get downed within 20 seconds of a killer finding them. Survivor perks cannot be countered by killers. There are enough pallets in each game to not even need to loop, you can run to a pallet, throw it early, then run to the next pallet and by the time 5 gens are done you will have pallets left over, this doesn't even take into account windows. A large portion of maps have an insane structure in the middle that is full of pallets / infinite windows. A good 50-60% of pallets in any map need to be broken, unless the survivor is stupid and just runs off without playing the tile.

    Ideally, survivors should be about 1/4 of a killer in strength at their best. We see good survivors able to hold off good killers long enough for their teammates to do all the gens. Individually, survivors are quite close to the power of a killer, they're closer to 1/2 - 3/4 the power of a killer. You even see this reflected in SWF groups where they just dominate the killer, no matter how good the killer is.

    If you are a survivor player and you cannot consistently run killers for 2-3 gens, that is actually a problem with you. You still need to develop more skill and knowledge of the game, the killer is not the power role in DBD, survivors are. There are two killers whose power levels are close to 4 times that of individual survivors, those two killers are spirit and billy. With the way the game is set up, a 4v1, you are not supposed to 1v1 the killer as a survivor, and the problem is that survivors are actually able to do this.

    So what do you suggest they do to fix it?

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183822#Comment_1183822

    Who said swf? Its not a lie, Otzdarva played against 4 good players and he couldn't kill no one and the first hook was at 2 gens (I'm sure that, no matter who plays against 4 good players, the killer will lose). So pls stop being a cry baby survivor

    Ss Noob3? Monto? Tyde? How do they get 4k's with meme builds at rank 1 one?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184097#Comment_1184097

    How would I fix it? I would make killers powerful enough to stand an even chance against a swf. Let the solos git gud like everyone else. BHVR, stop handing out participation trophies and let the new comers learn.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184532#Comment_1184532

    The problem with alternative objectives is the survivors can choose to ignore those. I've seen people waste zero time looking for totems unless they see DH. I've mostly seen competent survivors searching for chests when the gates are open. I've seen survivors repair gens injured just to get adren to pop. If the survivors decide to rush the gens, the gens get rushed. Except for pgtw not much else really slows down the gens. Ruin is garbage now, intervention only works in the beginning, surge is meh, thrilling tremors blocks gens "not" being worked on(sounds like it should have been the other way around) OC only works on newbs, lullaby is useless until you get 5 stacks and by then gens are either done or its cleansed.

    The survivors hold all the power provided they know how to use it. Which is not what this game should be.

    But what does that mean? You can't expect people to enjoy the game if you make all killers strong enough to 4k a talented, rank 1 SWF group, it makes the game boring and survivor mains won't play the game anymore unless they put 1000s of hours into the game or sacrifice their teammates

  • OP is right. killers have got massive buffs and are now stronger than ever. but people who play only killer don't understand this and want to have everything handed on a plate without having to do anything. just ez 4ks very match without needing to use any braincells.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Anyone who thinks killers need a buff isn’t very good at the game. Killers win most games now and over the past year we’ve seen it shifted into their favour in certain ways.

    Sure some killers could use a few tweaks but in general killers as a whole do not need any buffs.

    would you be willing to stream your games from now on so we can analyze your killer game play and use it to better ourselves?

  • I think at some point in the future we will have everybody have a thread whether somebody needs a buff/nerf.

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184274#Comment_1184274

    I... I don't know how to respond to you when you ignore what I say and get whiney so I just won't respond to you anymore

    Ah, well that's easy way I guess.

    Ignore most of the post, imagine the rest you didn't read so that it fits your POV and suddenly everything fits your perspective.

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1184536#Comment_1184536

    Ss Noob3? Monto? Tyde? How do they get 4k's with meme builds at rank 1 one?

    Streamers/youtubers in general only upload games where they win.

    You can go and watch stream of anyone that mostly play killer at high rank and they in general tell you exactly what causes them to win. Usually being: Survivors are just lazy/not do gens.

  • @theArashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1188792#Comment_1188792

    Streamers/youtubers in general only upload games where they win.

    You can go and watch stream of anyone that mostly play killer at high rank and they in general tell you exactly what causes them to win. Usually being: Survivors are just lazy/not do gens.

    Okay, you don't watch a lot of DBD do you? Honestly replying to you hurts my head, you don't make sense when you reply and then confuse people, they upload videos they think are entertaining, not only wins but okay bud

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183210#Comment_1183210

    would you be willing to stream your games from now on so we can analyze your killer game play and use it to better ourselves?

    why don't you watch killer gameplay on youtube or twitch? otz, monto and tru3 are some examples of good killer gameplay. watch them and git gud

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182093#Comment_1182093

    I dont agree, survivor requires teamwork or a good player who can loop the killer, most of the time playing solo or duo makes the game so hard against a good killer, I feel they are good

    Survivors require holding m1/r1/rb for 80s while other surv is at 10th safe pallet or infinite window. Rework maps, new saloon map is good not many safe pallets, good windows but not op. My only problems with this map are bushes covering all character and breakable walls in place where it should be already open making them waste of time

  • Counterpoint: My highest survivor is level 10 and I rarely feel like I'm struggling. If I get downed, I can always trace it back to, say, turning into a blind patch of rocks with no damn pallets anywhere.

  • You think the Spirit is weak? Are you okay?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1188887#Comment_1188887

    Yeah, almost every time she phases, I just slowly walk away or retrack my scratch marks for an easy evade. Even without using iron will and playing in red ranks. She's overall never been the same since the last nerf.

    Yeah? But overall her map presence is insane, being able to cross the map at an insane speed and see scratch marks, as well as being able to yoink people off gens at any given moment gives her a good amount of pressure, and with the right perks she can be unstoppable, she' rated S-tier or A-tier for a reason.

  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182079#Comment_1182079

    How so? I cant think of a killer, that if played correctly, that needs a buff

    Trapper : Start with 1 extra trap, buff the trap darkeners (you can still see them from the other side of map)


    Nurse : Shorten fatigue to 50%

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Anyone who thinks killers need a buff isn’t very good at the game. Killers win most games now and over the past year we’ve seen it shifted into their favour in certain ways.

    Sure some killers could use a few tweaks but in general killers as a whole do not need any buffs.

    Really wigga

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182090#Comment_1182090

    im a rank 5 survivor I play against red rank killers all the time. I play solo though and I don’t see myself making it out 75% of the time. I think the high mobility killers like billy and spirit... even legion if he’s built right are just too much. I firmly believe this game killers do not need one hit downs handed to them like this game does. They should have to work harder for it. Billy can rev his chainsaw up too fast and recover really quickly. It’s just way harder to play on some of these smaller maps. Gens need to be spread out more and cover needs to be better. Paper thin walls, vaults inside of walls that are like 2 feet wide in either direction. Crappy hit detection as I’m getting blasted by the killer after I’ve Vaulted and taken a few steps already the killer has impeccable melee range. It’s like they can lunge through the vaults. Not everyone is a pro looper and for that everyone suffers? Nah, that’s just not fun imo. Some killers seem more balanced than others. Idk if it’s necessary for killers like ghost face to be sprinting and pummeling survivors at the same time. Or legion. Every time I SEE legion he’s going so fast he’s sprinting past me. I just don’t think killer speed needs to be that fast. You got huntress running around with 3 one shot iridescent when paired with infantry belt. You got billy flying across the map over and over. Spirit too. And you got newbies in here crying about survivors having so many chances? Okay can they make it so killers have a harder time finding people then or go down to nonsense?

    Please stop


  • @VCDiamondFinder said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1188847#Comment_1188847

    Okay, you don't watch a lot of DBD do you? Honestly replying to you hurts my head, you don't make sense when you reply and then confuse people, they upload videos they think are entertaining, not only wins but okay bud

    I mostly watch Monto, Scott, Patrick, Farmer and some Otz and they indeed upload games when they win or as you say: are entertaining to watch. You probably won't see many videos with them getting a single kill in 5 minute long game when survivors mostly hide and they do play them on stream.

    You safety pip with 1 kill with legion because emblem system is busted for legion. Using your power on people and running after other survivors to smack them once counts as chase won in very short time even if you don't do ######### with it and only slow people down for 15 seconds while they mend. It is actually very challanging to not get high emblems while playing as legion with low lethality.

    In general from what I see you wrote is that you go against pretty mediocre survivors most of the time so everybody must have exact same games. Also you somehow find survivor challanging to win as which is insane but hey, you can be killer main voting for survivor buffs.

1 2 3