Can we just disable keys and moris in the meantime?
it seems like everyone is against them, so why not?
it seems like everyone is against them, so why not?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Cause I'm not against them they exist so there fine
Keys and Mori’s are not equal so first of all people shouldn’t compare the two as if they were. Keys can only be used once All gens are done or survivors have already died, which , in my opinion is fair because you’ve already had your share as a killer And they’ve already done the work. However, Mori’s allow killers to cheat on their objectives because it robs survivors of two more hooks. I can understand yellow Mori’s being okay but not green or ebony. The ebony one shouldn’t even be usable until all at least all survivors have been hooked once. That would be more fair. Because then you’ve done your share of the work on your end.
No, I like keys and moris.
Keys may be used once but can allow four survivors to escape, completing the survivors goal early.
Moris may be used more than once, and they complete the killers goal early.
Keys reward people who can't play well enough to escape normally. Same with moris. If you don't see that both are unbalanced and are comparable then you clearly main survivor.
The only thing I can agree with on your comment is the change you'd make to an ebony. Killer does well and doesn't tunnel, they get their mori.
it SEEMS like that because only those that want it gone or changed make topics.
im not going to make a topic every day stating how I like Keys and Mori's being in the game.
I'm fine with them as well
As a killer, I suppose it's a bit more irksome as there's really nothing I can do about it. At least with Mori (Unless you're the first poor bastard who gets killed) you have a warning that the killer has it but ultimately they're both a special item that the opponent can't really counter. I suppose that alone should make it go on the chopping block but whatevs.
So no, not everyone is against them. I've never actually used either (I could never figure out when you could use the key and I never bothered to look it up so I just haven't ever used it; maybe I should change that since I have that "Escape from Hatch" Archive thingy to finish and Mori I usually just don't use because then I can't get bonus BP) so I don't know if that means I should just be ignored or if my opinion should count double since both are always used against me and never for me :D
Moris don't need a nerf or to be taken out. They're a nice insurance policy if you go against gen rushing meta load out SWFs that are present at the red ranks. Helps you get back in the game if you start falling way behind
If four people are escaping through the hatch its not really all that early. All gens would have to be done...
The only issue I have is that a mori used early can swing the whole game to an easy win for the killer. Keys cant be used "early" they can only be used after a certain point.
Ok let's switch it a bit. The survivors three gen themselves and the killer is very competent, denying the survivors to even get 50% on a gen. One survivor has a key, so they all decide to find the hatch and escape, robbing the killer of a possible 4k.
It can also rob the killer from a single kill if the killer finds the hatch first.
Now obviously moris are very strong too, but saying moris are unbalanced while keys are is completely false, and this is coming from someone who is rank 1 on both sides.
Three-gen key use is very okay. I was playing as a doctor against a team that three-gened themselves. There was no possible way they could do anything, all three gens were inside my TR. The game could have lasted for a whole month that way. They managed to get a key out of a chest, and 2 of them escaped, while I managed to hook another. I call that a fair game. A key can stop a potential 1 hour game.
I'd like to add to the collective that keys have a counter (Start slugging), moris do not. There's only so much you can do to stop a tunneling killer. But if they really want their kill, they'll get it.
You can counter all items as a killer - Franklin's demise.
There is literally nothing a survivor can do to stop a mori. Majority of killers just tunnel off the hook and mori.
Keys require a lot more work than a mori. I love when killers claim all gens were done and they left with a key which wasn't fair. Let's face it, even if you caught one, the other 3 are 100% out if they don't even consider coming for the person. It shaves off 20 seconds from the game and that is deemed "unbalanced" and then they say a mori that can remove someone from a game within a minute if they are unlucky, the same as a key ...... completely delusional.
I mean if you consider slugging a counter to Keys, then just not going down and not being greedy with pallets is a counter to Moris. Even tho I agree that Moris should get nerfed to only be usable once everybody got hooked once, they are not a free win for killers. They are a HUGE boost yes and should be toned down, but if all survivors are good the mori can never come to use all game. Same with keys though, endgame is where the killer is the most powerful, since they may have a 3-gen and most resources are used up (especially with how early game works rn with non top tier killers). If you managed to get survivors into a 3 gen situation (either trough their misplays, which they should be punished for, or by you working towards it, which should reward you) and having full controll over the match, only to see 3 people escape trough the hatch right after, ignoring all their mistakes, is just as painful, if not more, as Moris, and I play both sides.
Well, ya. It is. Can't very well pop open the hatch when you're down on the ground.
Moris are a problem because 95% of the killers who use them use them one way: They tunnel straight off the hook and mori you. This means getting hooked once means you're out of the game unless your teammates happen to have Borrowed Time. Moris are really cool, but this strategy makes them HIGHLY annoying. They definitely need to be reworked (and probably in secret, otherwise we'll see Ebony MOri's every game until the update)
Keys are a problem because they take away a lot of pressure from the killer. You get them into a 3-gen situation, and get them down to three players, and they can all just leave through the hatch. Doesn't matter that you've played well until that point and hooked each of them once or twice. Doesn't matter that you can defend the last gen. If they find the hatch, they all get out.
I love moris. A lot of people do because they're cool/funny. If you hate them that much just hide all game, don't save your team, and ensure you never get found. Be a gen jockey. Run spine chill. take a med kit with a syringe/purple vale.
It isn't about not liking them. Whenever a new mori comes out people want to see it. What's ######### about them is when you play game after game with an ebony mori offering and the survivors just get tunnelled off their first hook. Killers love to moan about gens going too quickly but when they can get people out of a game after one hook they have no issue with the speed of the game being quick.
Alright, so Moris are fine too, since the counterplay is to not go down and not be greedy with pallets. So both are fine since they have counterplay.
I mean. I guess. I'm just one of those players in games were I get every game is going to have a couple of ######### aspects about it that have no real solution other than removing them so I just don't worry about it. Yes it's annoying when you're running 4 BPS and the killer decides to slug or tunnel mori but what can you do.
I tend to run into 2 dick headed ass killers per every 10 killers so I won't complain to much about ######### whose only enjoyment is making others miserable. Honestly I get more mad at survivors than killers. Killers just trying to kill. Survivors do a LOT more than bringing a key that makes them annoying. Bringing a key, doing no work, and getting hatch is honestly the only thing that tilts me to the point of being done with the game for the day. Right behind that is bring 4 BPS and the killer slugging/playing bubba/hillbilly 4 k slugging. It's just a waste of time
People keep saying they rarely see moris but again last night in 5 games I had 4 moris. Only one of them was green the rest were ebony. They're in constant use. This is as a rank 1 survivor. I'm not a dick when playing the game, I just do my gens, do a run, die or escape.
I couldn't care less about dying provided the killer isn't playing like a prick. I'm there to have fun not have my game ended after a minute because a killer cried after his previous game.
I mean I main Claudette so like...I just know I'm getting killed, camped, or mori'd. Like a lot of what you're saying is just standard for me so I'm just used to killers being super toxic/annoying towards me until they find out I'm just memey. And I get you're rank 1, and this is going to come off as rude but, a lot of your bitching sounds like rank 1 survivor main entitlement and you feel that because you are at that rank games should be super intense, nonscummy, and a show of skill.
Games in red ranks aren't like that. You should know that. The higher the ranks, the more mechanical they become. That's why when I start creeping back up to rank 1 again I 4 man meme squad back down to purple ranks. I don't have time to play the same game over and over with a different killer. You complained about 4 moris being in a game.
Then you fail to realize killers can have 4 iridescent emblems and still not pip up at anything past purple. I've seen killers get perfect games, and still only safety pip because too many gens got done. Like idk what you want from them. If they aren't ######### people usually run all over them. If they are survivors complain. If you want a killer that is fair well it requires you playing against them MULTIPLE times and them seeing, oh they're a chill/cool survivor or they're just trying to meme/work on looping.
The killers I run into frequently in my region give me fair games and I respect that. You better start saying gg after games and complimenting plays so they'll be less inclined to tunnel you in future games. You're rank 1 so your pool should be hella small. I can admit when I ######### up. Better start humbling yourself and make friends that play killer.
...or they can be used by Urban Evading Blendettes with Left Behind who just hide in a bush all game and then get a free escape at the end.
Moris and keys are not equal. Period.
Not a survivor main at all. I'm also always in red ranks for killer too. I me toned I was rank 1(red rank) as a survivor to say this isn't killers who are rank 15 and haven't a clue what they are doing, they're red/purple rank killers desperate for any kill because they can't really play the game. Make all kinds of excuses as to why they used a mori. I say gg to most killers. I'm not saying gg to a killer that desperately camps, tunnels and moris.
It is also not possible for a killer to not pip up if all emblems are iridescent. That is the maximum an emblem can be it would mean reaching red ranks was impossible if that was the case.
You talk about me being entitled because I expect a game to be played in a fun manner and not a desperate hardcore camp and tunnel match but you cheat the ranking system so you can bully lower ranked killers and feel like a pro survivor because of it.
That is a good counterplay. I guess they need to add more pallets/safe loops in order to do so. :)
Nah if you are good enough, the ones that are there are all you need, just like how if the killer is good enough, he can pressure survivors enough for the key to not be a threat. Perfect balance.
Which you'll only get to if you have borrowed time. If you're on Azeroth's/MacMillan's/Coldwind Farm there's a chance you'll be fine for a bit if you hit a good pallet. But all it takes is one unsafe pallet and you're dead. Any other map you're basically dead. Like the new map? Lol. Not a single safe pallet in the place.